NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

2 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

My experience has been the opposite in some cases. I have needed to add voltage to avoid errors in memory stability testing at least half the time, even though most XMP profiles have sloppy loose timings and perform poorly. I think the reason they use such sloppy timings is because they are pursuing low voltage and care less about performance than keeping the voltage low. Also have to factor in variance in motherboard and CPU quality.

Well, ultimately they care about stability, which is where overvolting could help. Anyway, just curious. Trying to eke out more performance from 4 DIMMs and surprisingly getting great initial results with lower than XMP voltage. Early hours of testing though. 

• Thumb Up 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

8 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

PSA: I ordered a MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X and I am debating whether to put the 3090 Kingpin in my work computer and sell the 3060 Ti FTW3 or vice versa. I got lucky and snagged a "sold and shipped by Amazon" GPU for $1799. No third-party seller drama and no scalper fees.

Probably going to sell the 3090 Kingpin so I can cover a larger portion of the cost of the upgrade. If anyone is interested, please let me know and I will put it up here in the marketplace or we can do it via PM.

I always like to give first crack at my parts to people I know before I sell on eBay or Mercari. Having the mutual trust is a plus, and so is not rewarding eBay and Mercari for highway robbery on ludicrous seller fees and greedy Nazi "authorities" that believe it is OK to double-tax buyers for sales tax on used parts where sales tax was already paid by the seller on the new parts. It is still under warranty with EVGA.

I just did a fresh application of thermal putty on the VRMs, new Snowman thermal pads and KPX a week ago.  It has the XOC 1000W vBIOS provided to me via email by Vince (Kingpin) on the LN2 BIOS position, original box, etc. Excellent condition. I have the original hybrid cooler parts that will be included in case someone wants to use it on a system without a custom loop, but I currently have the Hydro Copper block on it and an MP5WORKS waterblock on the back plate.

Before I sell the 3090 I want to make sure the 4090 is not a dud that I need to return to Amazon for refund or exchange. If it is poor to average silicon quality, I will let them have it back to pawn off on someone else. So, I am not in a huge hurry to sell the 3090 and won't even be ready to for probably two or three weeks if someone is interested but doesn't have cash tomorrow. I won't even have the 4090 until the end of next week, so no rush.

I think Brother @Raidermanneeds this GPU so he can experience the goodness of ray tracing. 😜

Congrats on the purchase bro!

I know my Newegg Suprim X is good with still some room in there even on the AIO for a 600w flash to push it more in a future bench fun. Fun fact, even with it pushing 544w, coil whine was minimal. Using OC settings in WoW game clocks are 3105-3120 at all times and the card still needs more CPU power as it only pulls ~390-400w tops with WoW maxed out and is now sitting at  ~80% utilization tops.

Numerous blocks are available for the Suprim X too.

Seeing as memory is a crap shoot on all cards with some hitting as low as in the +700 range on OC that's a smart move to order from Amazon versus Newegg just on the off chance it is a dud. Luckily my second one was from Best Buy and was a dud all across the board. I couldn't wait to return it.

16 hours ago, Tenoroon said:

The P870TM finally arrived, and I spent all day so far moving everything over, but wow. This thing is just insane, GPU temps don't get over 70C with the vapor chamber, CPU runs nice and cool, 3 M.2 slots is nice, and the Prema BIOS is just phenomenal. Though, I do have a few questions.

The backlights are stuck to being this gawdy looking yellow color, but the keyboard refuses to change the LED color or even dim them, they're just stuck yellow. I thought the keyboard was broken so I swapped my known working P775 keyboard in it and it is still that same yellow color. Is it possible for me to change the color in the BIOS or via software?

I also want to know if I can dim the back lid LED's as those are stuck on a white color.

With a bit of trial and error, I managed to get my 870 EVO into the SATA slot, but it was really difficult as the SATA out on the SSD didn't want to line up with the connectors on the motherboard. I have a slightly thicker 2tb HDD that I tried to wiggle in there, but I can't seem to get it in. Is there an intended way to get the SATA drives in? It seems very difficult to get them to slot in just right. 

In the BIOS, there is a fan control option, but its to enable or disable fan control. I've looked in the BIOS but can't find any options for fan control. Are you able to control the fans in the BIOS? If not its no big deal, but I'd like to set some custom tables so I don't have to run ClevoFanControl every time I boot into Windows.

Last thing, but I've noticed these interlaced looking lines on the 1440p display the laptop comes with, they aren't noticeable from a far, but they make the screen look super washed out. I feel like I read somewhere in the past that these 1440p screens were known to have this "issue" but I'm mostly just curious if I can fix it at all.

2 hours ago, cylix said:

For the keyboard colors try obsidian software,  I still think they are up on their website.

Keyboard LED is the specific program you want from Obsidian Tools to run. It is stand alone and fully functional. Between that, Prema and TS, you won't need to install the CCC cancer.

• Thumb Up 3

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

10 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Nothing special to know. Other than it changing the hardware ID and name to "Galaxy" in GPU-Z it functions exactly the same. The only vBIOSes that don't play nice with other GPUs that I am aware of are the ASUS morphodite firmwares because ASUS HDMI/DP port mapping is proprietary and ends up leaving you with one or two display outputs that do not function. If you flash back the original firmware everything (including HWID and GPU name) will go back to original.

PSA: I ordered a MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X and I am debating whether to put the 3090 Kingpin in my work computer and sell the 3060 Ti FTW3 or vice versa. I got lucky and snagged a "sold and shipped by Amazon" GPU for $1799. No third-party seller drama and no scalper fees.

Probably going to sell the 3090 Kingpin so I can cover a larger portion of the cost of the upgrade. If anyone is interested, please let me know and I will put it up here in the marketplace or we can do it via PM.

I always like to give first crack at my parts to people I know before I sell on eBay or Mercari. Having the mutual trust is a plus, and so is not rewarding eBay and Mercari for highway robbery on ludicrous seller fees and greedy Nazi "authorities" that believe it is OK to double-tax buyers for sales tax on used parts where sales tax was already paid by the seller on the new parts. It is still under warranty with EVGA.

I just did a fresh application of thermal putty on the VRMs, new Snowman thermal pads and KPX a week ago.  It has the XOC 1000W vBIOS provided to me via email by Vince (Kingpin) on the LN2 BIOS position, original box, etc. Excellent condition. I have the original hybrid cooler parts that will be included in case someone wants to use it on a system without a custom loop, but I currently have the Hydro Copper block on it and an MP5WORKS waterblock on the back plate.

Before I sell the 3090 I want to make sure the 4090 is not a dud that I need to return to Amazon for refund or exchange. If it is poor to average silicon quality, I will let them have it back to pawn off on someone else. So, I am not in a huge hurry to sell the 3090 and won't even be ready to for probably two or three weeks if someone is interested but doesn't have cash tomorrow. I won't even have the 4090 until the end of next week, so no rush.

I think Brother @Raidermanneeds this GPU so he can experience the goodness of ray tracing. 😜

Fair enough, you held out for long enough. The deals on that won't be getting better anytime soon IMHO. Congrats!

• Thumb Up 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

9 hours ago, MyPC8MyBrain said:

not smart to use global setting with these selections, it is best to do it per application,

setting these in global means dGpu is always running at max power increasing heat in a mobile chassis needlessly (likely there's an iGpu there too), when its per application system will run much cooler with less power consumption until an application that needs dGpu power is running, same applies for desktop only there the heat retention is usually less critical than in a mobile chassis,

Yep thats another way to see it. All Roads Lead To Rome, so people have to do whats fit them, their pc's 🙂

I do it the opposite. I also enable Evga precision k boost (can also be implemented in Afterburner) for even more heat. Less lagg and full power from the start of. But I expect the thin modern laptops or small SFT desktops with not adequate cooling is what some people prefer or want.  See below.... Modern times.

Deep Space Nine Dislike GIF by Star Trek

4 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Good point, but it's also not smart to build or buy something like that in the first place. The problems with heat, power and build quality are a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Welcome to the modern world/times. The next from Nvidia/AMD and Intel will be even more awful power saving features.... They will feed you with more awesome awful! Microsoft will be the guarantor that it happens.

silent film eating GIF by Charlie Chaplin

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

oh cmon bros. I know people are locking clocks just look at the scores 10500 gpu in timespy..how are they doing it should I flash my bios

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

12 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I ordered a MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X and I am debating whether to put the 3090 Kingpin in my work computer and sell the 3060 Ti FTW3 or vice versa. I got lucky and snagged a "sold and shipped by Amazon" GPU for $1799. No third-party seller drama and no scalper fees.

I am also going to be receiving one of these new products. More to follow in the near future.

I might actually be able to use the 3.5-inch drive cage/caddy in the basement of my Corsair case with this. (Can't with the 1600W PSU cables coming out of the PSU in the traditional fashion.)

• Thumb Up 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

13 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I remember some of those things, but don't remember clearly what I did with some of them. Here is what I remember from the P870DM3 (never had a TM).

• keyboard lighting requires Clevo Control Center (CCC) cancer software
  • SATA drives are a bit tricky to line up with ports and need to use something to reach under the drive and lift up
  • If I remember correctly (big if) the BIOS fan option is to enable CCC to control the fans in Windows
  • There were two 1440p screen options, one better than the other (sorry, don't recall details - I had the better one)

Congratulations on purchasing the last good high performance laptop that was manufactured. The P870DM3 was the last laptop that I remember truly being fond of and didn't regret purchasing. I hope Clevo continues to offer service parts for it in case you ever need to replace something.

3 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Keyboard LED is the specific program you want from Obsidian Tools to run. It is stand alone and fully functional. Between that, Prema and TS, you won't need to install the CCC cancer.

6 hours ago, cylix said:

For the keyboard colors try obsidian software,  I still think they are up on their website.

Thanks for the tips guys, I've managed to overcome all of these problems now.

That said, I'm now wanting to delid the 8700k to push it to its limits. I've been eyeballing the ROCKIT 88 kit as I've it's pretty cheap and some of you guys have used it before, but I'm also interested in getting a better IHS. What IHS would you all recommend? I don't really know where to start here.

Clevo P870TM-G: Core i7 8700k @ 4.8ghz | Clevo GTX 1080 | 32gb HyperX DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 17" 1440p 120hz B173QTN01.0 Screen | 256gb Samsung 850 EVO | 500gb WD Blue SSD | 1tb Samsung 870 QVO | 2tb Seagate 5400rpm HDD | Prema BIOS

Alienware 17 R1: Core i7 4710mq @ 3.619ghz 741 CBR15 (834 CBR15 @ 4.213ghz) | Dell GTX 860m | 16gb HyperX DDR3L @ 2133mhz | 17" 3D 120hz LTN173HT02-T01 Screen | 256gb mSATA SSD

Asus Zephyrus G14: Ryzen 7 4800hs @ 4.2ghz | GTX 1650 | 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 14" 120hz LM140LF1F01 Screen | 512gb NVME SSD

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

I am also going to be receiving one of these new products. More to follow in the near future.

I might actually be able to use the 3.5-inch drive cage/caddy in the basement of my Corsair case with this. (Can't with the 1600W PSU cables coming out of the PSU in the traditional fashion.)

With all due respect for the bro YT influencer there, as someone who makes system config changes relatively infrequently, I'd rather have the cables tucked in and out of sight deeper inside the case rather than all exposed on the side in a rather unsightly manner and potentially interfering with the side panel. Yes, access is less convenient, but not prohibitively so by any means. BTW I also don't understand the concern about the Type 4 connectors not being spaced out enough in the AX1600i, as a Tom's review claimed IIRC. No issue with that whatsoever. 

I imagine the side layout could work quite well with an open bench (although would it matter then?), a very wide / cube / non - standard case, or for someone reconnecting stuff on a very regular basis though. 

• Thumb Up 1

-- Max Tegmark

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Damn happy I don't need have to struggle with this. I can even add in a second +1000W PSU and still have enough space for double up of cables. 

image.png.75cbe7fd39493c64036a1bdbc2c1d52b.png

And the small 16-pin 12VHPWR don't use much space. Could have 10 of them in the front of the box and still not use much spece. Big is better. Always better in all ways. 

image.thumb.png.8eefb704ba9fe4f92fa54192619db148.png

3 hours ago, Etern4l said:

With all due respect for the bro YT influencer there, as someone who makes system config changes relatively infrequently, I'd rather have the cables tucked in and out of sight deeper inside the case rather than all exposed on the side in a rather unsightly manner and potentially interfering with the side panel.

This design change bode very bad. More cramped boxes will see the lights. And the chassis manufacturers will forget inovate for those that want big and beauty. This direction from Corsair reminds me all too much of the changes to the worse in the laptop world

15 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I have a hunch that ASUS has temporarily stopped making them because sales are too slow and not many people are willing to pay stupid 4090 prices

I think all of the AIB partners are being conservative on production so they do not end up having excess stock they can't move like what happened with so many 30-series cards that are still available.

Yep. All to try max out profits. But I have no hurry. I upgrade at my own pace. Their problem, not mine.

Could be Asus don't have enough good binned chips for their flagship. If this is the case, I'm happy with the direction they have chosen.

AMD is 'undershipping' chips to keep CPU, GPU prices elevated

AMD joins Nvidia in "undershipping" chips to balance supply and keep prices higher.

https://www.pcgamer.com/amd-undershipping-chips-to-help-prop-prices-up/

LOOL. The premium chips first for maximized cash grab. 

This Ryzen 7 7800X3D will be the chip to beat, as it will offer the lion's share of the X3D's gaming uplift, but come with the lightest price tag of the three. Therefore, it's no surprise that AMD will release this chip last to maximize sales of the pricier models”.

The first two chips will arrive on February 28: The 16-core 32-thread 7950X3D at $699 and the 12-core 24-thread Ryzen 9 7900X3D that weighs in at $599. The eight-core, 16-thread Ryzen 7 7800X3D arrives on April 6 for $449. This represents anywhere from a $100 to $180 premium over the street pricing for AMD's non-X3D versions of these chips.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-announces-ryzen-7000x3d-pricing-dollar449-to-dollar699-starting-feb-28th

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

2 hours ago, Etern4l said:

With all due respect for the bro YT influencer there, as someone who makes system config changes relatively infrequently, I'd rather have the cables tucked in and out of sight deeper inside the case rather than all exposed on the side in a rather unsightly manner and potentially interfering with the side panel. Yes, access is less convenient, but not prohibitively so by any means. BTW I also don't understand the concern about the Type 4 connectors not being spaced out enough in the AX1600i, as a Tom's review claimed IIRC. No issue with that whatsoever. 

I imagine the side layout could work quite well with an open bench (although would it matter then?), a very wide / cube / non - standard case, or for someone reconnecting stuff on a very regular basis though. 

I think there is a good justification for this. If your space behind the motherboard tray and side panel is too narrow it might be an issue. But, think of cases like the Lian Li 011 Dynamic (including the mini and XL versions) and similar designs from other brands. The PSU could be the perfect candidate for some cases. The cables would point vertically and the PSU is installed vertically, with the fan pointing toward the side panel. A small case or a long PSU does not leave much space when the cables connect horizontally at the end and they easliy collide with other things at the end of the PSU. Seems like a really smart idea to me. It might not be in certain scenarios based on chassis design.

I am looking forward to testing the arrangment and can certainly see the merit to it depending on the chassis.

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

Damn happy I don't need have to struggle with this. I can even add in a second +1000W PSU and still have enough space for double up of cables. 

I am envious of your beautiful case (not the price of it) and you don't have to worry about some things like other people do because it is so large. I wish there were more tower cases as large as that one. It is unfortunate how small and cramped most of them are. I really hate cramped workspaces of any kind. Always better to have more room than what is  necessary. You can ignore what extra you have that you do not need, but if you run out of space that just sucks.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

47 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I think there is a good justification for this. If your space behind the motherboard tray and side panel is too narrow it might be an issue. But, think of cases like the Lian Li 011 Dynamic (including the mini and XL versions) and similar designs from other brands. The PSU could be the perfect candidate for some cases. The cables would point vertically and the PSU is installed vertically, with the fan pointing toward the side panel. A small case or a long PSU does not leave much space when the cables connect horizontally at the end and they easliy collide with other things at the end of the PSU. Seems like a really smart idea to me. It might not be in certain scenarios based on chassis design.

I am looking forward to testing the arrangment and can certainly see the merit to it depending on the chassis.

I am envious of your beautiful case (not the price of it) and you don't have to worry about some things like other people do because it is so large. I wish there were more tower cases as large as that one. It is unfortunate how small and cramped most of them are. I really hate cramped workspaces of any kind. Always better to have more room than what is  necessary. You can ignore what extra you have that you do not need, but if you run out of space that just sucks.

The merit is clearly there for some setups, whereas there influencer #1's intro made it sound like it's the best thing since sliced bread overall, which is equally clearly misleading. 

A fairly minor social media gripe :) rather than anything else - enjoy the build bro. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

-- Max Tegmark

1 hour ago, Etern4l said:

The merit is clearly there for some setups, whereas there influencer #1's intro made it sound like it's the best thing since sliced bread overall, which is equally clearly misleading. 

A fairly minor social media gripe 🙂 rather than anything else - enjoy the build bro. 

That's why I posted the Tom Logan video next to KitGuru because it helped bring some balance to the Kool-Aid drinking ceremony. When I first saw it and the opportunity presented to give it a go, I was initially skeptical because it is different. The overly positive KitGuru review allowed me to see it installed and now I am less skeptical than my first impressions.

I will be doing a formal review on it within the next couple of weeks, so if there is anything about it that sucks it will be identified without any mincing of words. It is supposed to arrive tomorrow based on the tracking number I received. I'll put a link to the review in this thread once it is done. I will probably wait to begin testing it until I receive the 4090 late next week since this PSU is ATX 3.0 and has native 12VHPWR support.

Maybe Brothers @Rage Setand @electrosoftcan tell us how this new driver is working out.

• Thumb Up 3

17 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Nothing special to know. Other than it changing the hardware ID and name to "Galaxy" in GPU-Z it functions exactly the same. The only vBIOSes that don't play nice with other GPUs that I am aware of are the ASUS morphodite firmwares because ASUS HDMI/DP port mapping is proprietary and ends up leaving you with one or two display outputs that do not function. If you flash back the original firmware everything (including HWID and GPU name) will go back to original.

But that means no more Windows 7 for brother @Mr. Fox Unless you have found a working driver for it?

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

it is clear that with recent years hardware heat issues are predominant,

for mobile users in particular it comes down to managing thermals efficiently,

with the base premise that heat is here to stay we need to manage it with tools provided,

yes in some situation it means mobile users will revert to per application profile,

for the sake of conserving i do the same on my desktop, with my desktop i also opted for a sleek small form factor i can keep on my desk, i was willing for that to take some performance/heat, the unit is custom built and spec'd to the max, it does "relatively" leaves maybe 5% performance overall on the table in favor of sleek case,

its not always about best bench scores unless one is doing it seriously as a hobby or professionally, at the time i built my custom build i didn't spare a dime on top of the line components of the time, so performance were already up there by merits of components but it may not be the fastest, and that is just fine overall, we don't race these its more fun/cool to know if you score high,

(there are 3 computers on that desk, two precision laptops are vertically mounted behind the screen, and there's room for two more 😉 )

2023-02-01-at-16-36-08.jpg

• Thumb Up 4
  • Bump 1

the impossible is not impossible, its just haven't been done yet.

14 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

But that means no more Windows 7 for brother @Mr. Fox Unless you have found a working driver for it?

I will still have two desktops and Linux is running on both of them, and the 3060 Ti runs like a top on Windows 7 just as the 3090 does. So, I won't be stuck with using W10/11 garbage exclusively.

But, you can bet your booty I am going to try to find, or do my own, driver mod.  Chances are slim it will work, but it won't be for lack of trying. Windows 7 is still the best version of Windows.

The day is going to come (too soon) when using W7 is as difficult as using WindowsXP due to lack of driver support. There are already some things (Intel graphics, Intel WiFi 6, etc.) that can't and don't work because of deliberate interference from the control freak Nazi tech dictatorship. I'm not happy about that, but there's nothing we can do about it. When you have nothing good to eat and you're only remaining option is starving to death, sometimes you have to go dumpster-diving. Try to avoid the maggots.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

The day is going to come (too soon) when using W7 is as difficult as usuing WindowsXP

i miss XP days, it was the best times for personal computers before they started going crazy with security,

i had my XP system back then idle using 90mb ready to blast off anything i sent its way with quad core P4 a beast at its day, its not a typo 90mb as in 90 megabytes :classic_cool:

we came along long way since 😉

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

the impossible is not impossible, its just haven't been done yet.

honestly brother @Mr. Fox your purchase was smart, you will overclock the hell out of it. you never know you might hit a god like streak and get the top score a few times then like biso biso get the top binned chips and get paid 2 million a year....fingers crossed

• Like 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

56 minutes ago, MyPC8MyBrain said:

i miss XP days, it was the best times for personal computers before they started going crazy with security,

i had my XP system back then idle using 90mb ready to blast off anything i sent its way with quad core P4 a beast at its day, its not a typo 90mb as in 90 megabytes :classic_cool:

we came along long way since 😉

I remember being on IRC winbeta downloading pirate betas of XP. Loved those days. @Mr. FoxAMD's integrated driver, and wifi does not have a windows 7 driver either. I just disable them, and I installed an Intel 7265 PCIE dual band card for 7. But you are correct in that Windows 7 is dying, and there is nothing we can do about it. Just as the early days of Android being a blast to customize, and hack. Now those days are gone as well. It seems that anything anyone enjoys is taken away, and replaced with crap (Ie Windows 8, 8.1, 10, 11). I have still yet to try 11, as nothing about it seems to compel me to.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

some of you guys should be sponsored, I just dont get it. obviously biso biso used texture tweaks, bascially tod with a 0 value.prob looked like 2 squares. because when they were given the world they didn't produce..

@Papusan @Mr. Fox @electrosoft @tps3443 @Rage Set @Etern4l yes you eternal just cuz your unreasonably smart. too smart...dumb yourself down why don't you

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 3
  • Bump 1
  • Hands 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

37 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

I remember being on IRC winbeta downloading pirate betas of XP. Loved those days. @Mr. FoxAMD's integrated driver, and wifi does not have a windows 7 driver either. I just disable them, and I installed an Intel 7265 PCIE dual band card for 7. But you are correct in that Windows 7 is dying, and there is nothing we can do about it. Just as the early days of Android being a blast to customize, and hack. Now those days are gone as well. It seems that anything anyone enjoys is taken away, and replaced with crap (Ie Windows 8, 8.1, 10, 11). I have still yet to try 11, as nothing about it seems to compel me to.

I don't use WiFI either on my desktops. And, I do not use Intel integrated graphics. My Dark does not support it and the CPU in my Strix mobo doesn't even have it. But, the world around us embraces filth, and we will all ultimately have nothing greater than whatever the lowest common denominators of our species are willing to put up with. Like Albert Einstein said, genius is limited, but stupidity is not.

Windows 11 has no redeeming qualities. I use it at least 8 hours a day and can't identify anything about it that reflects goodness or excellence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

That's why I posted the Tom Logan video next to KitGuru because it helped bring some balance to the Kool-Aid drinking ceremony. When I first saw it and the opportunity presented to give it a go, I was initially skeptical because it is different. The overly positive KitGuru review allowed me to see it installed and now I am less skeptical than my first impressions.

I will be doing a formal review on it within the next couple of weeks, so if there is anything about it that sucks it will be identified without any mincing of words. It is supposed to arrive tomorrow based on the tracking number I received. I'll put a link to the review in this thread once it is done. I will probably wait to begin testing it until I receive the 4090 late next week since this PSU is ATX 3.0 and has native 12VHPWR support.

Maybe Brothers @Rage Setand @electrosoftcan tell us how this new driver is working out.

Perhaps, if I had the A770 at the very beginning of its launch, I would have a different opinion. As it stands now, the A770 is criminally underrated. I had it installed in my 11900K gaming build, testing it with several games and I had none of the major problems that were reported. If there were cheaper blocks for it, I would have blocked it already....however I love how the cooler looks and feels.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1
  • Hands 1

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

2 minutes ago, Rage Set said:

Perhaps, if I had the A770 at the very beginning of its launch, I would have a different opinion. As it stands now, the A770 is criminally underrated. I had it installed in my 11900K gaming build, testing it with several games and I had none of the major problems that were reported. If there were cheaper blocks for it, I would have blocked it already....however I love how the cooler looks and feels.

I still want one. Maybe I should sell the 3060 Ti as well and replace it with one 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ryan said:

some of you guys should be sponsored, I just dont get it. obviously biso biso used texture tweaks, bascially tod with a 0 value.prob looked like 2 squares. because when they were given the world they didn't produce..

@Papusan @Mr. Fox @electrosoft @tps3443 @Rage Set @Etern4l yes you eternal just cuz your unreasonably smart. too smart...dumb yourself down why don't you

Now you are making me blush. Thank you.

• Thumb Up 1

I'm really sorry. I didn't have bad intentions but I bought a N4100 spin 311 4gb 32gb chromebook, i'm just tired of this crap. I gave in.

also a close friend just died at the age of 27, so sad I don't know how to feel besides depressed. RIP felicity..\\

I hate to say it but almost 90 percent of all my close friends are dead, LIFE FU

• Sad 6

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Just now, Mr. Fox said:

I still want one. Maybe I should sell the 3060 Ti as well and replace it with one 

...........and another rig will lose Windows 7🤣. I might as well get a 7900xtx

• Sad 1