NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

finally managed to get over 900mbps at around 1450mbps with my internet, its a ax210 and alot of people are having issues with windows 11 showing 6ghz bands for routers. like microsoft is pretty much the goto as we are essentially forced to use it, and now its nerfed and alot of changes they made since windows 7 make little to no sense.

Im finally happy with maxed internet and 8400 in timespy with maxed settings and a small OC. really happy about that now to keep it like this

has anyone heard of deep freeze, it essentially keeps your system the same everytime you reboot, kinda like dementia for computers. might be agood idea for me to install a few games and then keep it as is.

this could be benificial to overclockers continually benchmarking and tweaking. good way to experiment.

https://www.faronics.com/products/deep-freeze

if you have heard of deep freeze are their alternatives that you know of that are good.

Screenshot-22.png

Screenshot-23.png

• Like 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, ryan said:

finally managed to get over 900mbps at around 1450mbps with my internet

that's nice for Wi-Fi devices and LAN file transfer,
beyond that its not practical for any real world applications,
no hosting provider out there will entertain 10% of that consistently, 

1 hour ago, ryan said:

about that now to keep it like this

that's easy, stop messing around and don't install more junk in your system.

deepfreeze your brain and your typing fingers instead 😄 

• Thumb Up 3

the impossible is not impossible, its just haven't been done yet.

1 hour ago, ryan said:

has anyone heard of deep freeze, it essentially keeps your system the same everytime you reboot, kinda like dementia for computers. might be agood idea for me to install a few games and then keep it as is.

this could be benificial to overclockers continually benchmarking and tweaking. good way to experiment.

if you have heard of deep freeze are their alternatives that you know of that are good.

I have not heard of it before. Sound interesting. I wonder how much overhead it requires that would impact performance. I generally use Macrium Reflect to put my system back the way I wanted it before the Redmond Reprobates did something to mess it up.

1 hour ago, ryan said:

finally managed to get over 900mbps at around 1450mbps with my internet

Wow, that's pretty dog-gone fast internet, bro.

The 6900 XT has arrived. Thanks, Brother @Rage Set
I will install it after work.

IMG_20230308_125624.thumb.jpg.d5bc72a2673e572dc1f42c6ff10b914f.jpg

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 5
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

53 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I have not heard of it before. Sound interesting. I wonder how much overhead it requires that would impact performance. I generally use Macrium Reflect to put my system back the way I wanted it before the Redmond Reprobates did something to mess it up.

Wow, that's pretty dog-gone fast internet, bro.

The 6900 XT has arrived. Thanks, Brother @Rage Set
I will install it after work.

IMG_20230308_125624.thumb.jpg.d5bc72a2673e572dc1f42c6ff10b914f.jpg

I'm sorry in advance for not installing the block. As you can from the plastic film still around the air shroud, I used it sparingly. I was going to block it during the summer and replace the 6800XT in my other rig, but the 6800XT does everything I need it to.

I eagerly await your benchmark results and to see how far you can push it.  

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 3
  • Bump 1

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

4 minutes ago, Rage Set said:

I'm sorry in advance for not installing the block. As you can from the plastic film still around the air shroud, I used it sparingly. I was going to block it during the summer and replace the 6800XT in my other rig, but the 6800XT does everything I need it to.

No worries. It is actually good that you had not. I am going to leave the plastic on and do some testing on air first and in a few days install the block so we can have a good point of reference on the value added by the water. I will probably do all that testing before I start going nuts with firmware modding.

By the time I am ready to move from air to water I will have the extra fittings I ordered. 

It is a physically impressive GPU. Even though I have not installed it yet, it gives me warm fuzzies looking at it and feeling what a chunk it is in my hands.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 3
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

2 hours ago, ryan said:

finally managed to get over 900mbps at around 1450mbps with my internet, its a ax210 and alot of people are having issues with windows 11 showing 6ghz bands for routers. like microsoft is pretty much the goto as we are essentially forced to use it, and now its nerfed and alot of changes they made since windows 7 make little to no sense.

Im finally happy with maxed internet and 8400 in timespy with maxed settings and a small OC. really happy about that now to keep it like this

Screenshot-22.png

Screenshot-23.png

Not quite fast as yours but fulfills my current needs. My house is wired for 10G though.

speedtest.thumb.JPG.b87b7bb755f1a673af9c320349ea173f.JPG

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Tenoroon said:

Yeah, Eurocom has a bunch of them, but they also have this Nvidia one. These ones are the best adapters as they were produced by Nvidia for AIBs to test and build MXM cards. They are common in China, but are becoming hard to find (they were always hard to get) due to MXM being almost completely abandoned. This is why they are priced ridiculously high.

Picture 1 of 5

The goal is to test my adapter with my 860m and 1080 and if it works with them, send it over to Tony alongside the 2080 Super so he has something to test the 2080 with. I'll be waiting a month for it to ship though which is a bit inconvenient but oh well.

I have no clue, I wish I knew. I've never really talked to him, but I'd pay that man just to sit with and talk to for an hour. He's in the career field I am wanting to pursue and I assume he has lots of experience doing what he does. I don't really know any EEs personally but he's the closest guy I "know."

ADLINK Puts Intel Arc A-series GPUs on MXM Form Factor techpowerup.com

After GUNNIR showed the same product back in January, ADLINK is now offering both Intel Arc A-series GPUs in MXM form factor. The MXM (Mobile PCI Express Module) is a standardized form factor that is used mostly in laptops and some small form factor PCs. Product pages confirm that ADLINK offers both the Intel Arc A370M and the Intel Arc A350M in MXM form factor.

According to specifications The ADLINK MXM-AXe, as the product is called, is MXM 3.1 Type A based on Intel Arc GPU, packing 8 Xe-cores, 128 Execution Units, 4 GB of GDDR6 memory, and TDP of 35-50 W, which is pretty much standard for the Arc A370M GPU. The company also offers the same product with A350M GPU with TDP of 25-35 W. With a decent power efficiency, full AV1 hardware encoding, and support for up to four 4K displays, such a GPU would be perfect for SFFs, and could be even a decent upgrade for some laptops.

MXM form factor still live it's life. But not meant for modern Jokebooks. 
  • Thumb Up 4

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

1 hour ago, Rage Set said:

It will be fun, not to mention a very new and unfamiliar experience. I can see from the AMD driver package that nothing resembles what I am used to with the Green Goblin's stuff. I haven't touched a Red card since 7970/Catalyst/GCN 1.0 days. So, going from GCN 1.0 to RDNA 2.0 is quite the leap.

IMG_20230308_153132.thumb.jpg.93d50781ddb737bbc5dcbd70a2c24ec1.jpg

• Thumb Up 8

4 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

It will be fun, not to mention a very new and unfamiliar experience. I can see from the AMD driver package that nothing resembles what I am used to with the Green Goblin's stuff. I haven't touched a Red card since 7970/Catalyst/GCN 1.0 days. So, going from GCN 1.0 to RDNA 2.0 is quite the leap.

IMG_20230308_153132.thumb.jpg.93d50781ddb737bbc5dcbd70a2c24ec1.jpg

Sadly we got the new UI, I was partial to the older format but mostly because it worked really well for me. 

• Thumb Up 7

What is this? Nvidia pushing out new 4090 silicon revision. Tried manipulating the curve in many ways but even locking the voltage preference does not allow you to go further than 1.07v. Tried on two different windows installations. Used MSI Afterburner 4.6.5 (Beta 4). 

Anyone else with Founders Edition with die shots? I contacted Nvidia Customer Care to ask about this and if they had a bios update to enable 1.1v limit.

I was trying to figure out why I could not max 1.1v and after taking a look at the Bios and rechecking my teardown pictures. This is a newer die I believe

1678170280156-png.2603747

Me... This reminds me a lot about when Nvidia remowed the 83mv headroom from the voltage slider in all OC software for my Zotac 980Ti Amp. Extreme (same for all Maxwell cards). Nvidia is a master in manipulating and trickery to max out profits.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

2 hours ago, Rage Set said:

I'm sorry in advance for not installing the block.

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

No worries. It is actually good that you had not. I am going to leave the plastic on and do some testing on air first and in a few days install the block so we can have a good point of reference on the value added by the water. I will probably do all that testing before I start going nuts with firmware modding.

I am not sure waiting a few days is a good idea. With no overclock the GPU hotspot temps with max fans is crazy (95°C+). I can see why people are saying they are scared to push these cards on air now.  I may move to water tonight or tomorrow night. I don't want to burn it up running stock. It is using 100% of the stock power limit (373W) with no overclock.

I am running some baseline stock benchmarks and will post screenshots when I am done.

1 hour ago, Reciever said:

Sadly we got the new UI, I was partial to the older format but mostly because it worked really well for me. 

Yeah, I am not liking it. Too much bloat, like GeFarts Experience feces. I will probably look to do a driver only install or see if there is some kind of mod that allow access to the control center without the payload of garbage. This Adrenaline Software stuff is definitely gamer-boy rubbish like GFE trash that nobody needs. I am not surprised or complaining, but it is typical gimmick nonsense that no bencher cares about. Totally same as the Green Goblin's garbage, just red instead of green, LOL.

Do you or @Rage Setknow of any stripped down driver packages or something like NVCleanStall for AMD?

• Thumb Up 2

13 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I am not sure waiting a few days is a good idea. With no overclock the GPU hotspot temps with max fans is crazy (95°C+). I can see why people are saying they are scared to push these cards on air now.  I may move to water tonight or tomorrow night. I don't want to burn it up running stock. I am running some baseline stock benchmarks and will post screenshots when I am done.

Yeah, I am not liking it. Too much bloat, like GeFarts Experience feces. I will probably look to do a driver only install or see if there is some kind of mod that allow access to the control center without the payload of garbage. This Adrenaline Software stuff is definitely gamer-boy rubbish like GFE trash that nobody needs. I am not surprised or complaining, but it is typical gimmick nonsense that no bencher cares about. Totally same as the Green Goblin's garbage, just red instead of green, LOL.

Do you or @Rage Setknow of any stripped down driver packages or something like NVCleanStall for AMD?

Wow, that's puzzling. The benches I ran with it, never reached 80C. With that said, I ran it in a much cooler ambient environment. 

Nothing like NVClean on AMD that I know of. I usually install the drivers, set my overclock and then close out the interface, completely.

EDIT: How much power is the card pulling?

• Thumb Up 2

17 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I think Guru3d forum is the place to find such tools. But I doubt you find anything equal as NVCleanStall for <nvidia.

AMD Radeon Software Customize Setup - Radeon Setup Tool

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/amd-radeon-software-customize-setup-radeon-setup-tool.443504/

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Rage Set said:

EDIT: How much power is the card pulling?

373W (105%) with no overclock. I have not undervolted it, so it's using 1.200V.

Wow, that's puzzling. The benches I ran with it, never reached 80C. With that said, I ran it in a much cooler ambient environment.

Yeah, that alone could make a huge difference all by itself, especially on air. My office is 77°F (25°C) right now.

Nothing like NVClean on AMD that I know of. I usually install the drivers, set my overclock and then close out the interface, completely.

I am looking now to try to figure out what services and process(es) need to be killed or disabled. So far everything I have tried to kill instantly restarts itself. 

25 minutes ago, Papusan said:

I think Guru3d forum is the place to find such tools. But I doubt you find anything equal as NVCleanStall for <nvidia.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/amd-radeon-software-customize-setup-radeon-setup-tool.443504/

SWEET. Thank you. I'm going to check that out as soon as I finish these baseline runs. No need for this extra software trash. Monkey see, monkey do... I do think the Green Goblin set the bad example here with the bloatware.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

WOW, I did not know about this. I'm definitely going to take a look at that.

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

373W (105%) with no overclock. I have not undervolted it, so it's using 1.200V.

Yeah, that alone could make a huge difference all by itself, especially on air. My office is 77°F (25°C) right now.

I am looking now to try to figure out what services and process(es) need to be killed or disabled. So far everything I have tried to kill instantly restarts itself. 

SWEET. Thank you. I'm going to check that out as soon as I finish these baseline runs. No need for this extra software trash. Monkey see, monkey do... I do think the Green Goblin set the bad example here with the bloatware.

VRAM is what is going to make or break your scores with AMD. Your baseline score is already way ahead of mine in TS. https://www.3dmark.com/spy/24834859

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Great results vs what I have seen from the reviews of 6900XT. I expect this was stock results. But where is 3Dmark 11 ?🙂 You need that one as well. 

https://hwbot.org/submission/5221705_papusan_3dmark11___performance_geforce_rtx_4090_81350_marks

2879435.jpg

2 hours ago, Rage Set said:

VRAM is what is going to make or break your scores with AMD. Your baseline score is already way ahead of mine in TS. https://www.3dmark.com/spy/24834859

Killed by the better CPU😎

• Thumb Up 2

WOW, I did not know about this. I'm definitely going to take a look at that.

Yeah, that's my next move. Need to 86 this Adrenaline bucket of puke software... job #1 right now.

22 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Great results vs what I have seen from the reviews of 6900XT. I expect this was stock results. But where is 3Dmark 11 ?🙂 You need that one as well. 

After the above driver exorcism... next stop, Windows 7. No point in running 3DMark 11 in Windows 10/11 unless you have no other option. The physics score will be totally ruined by the newer feces OS.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 2

Yeah, that's my next move. Need to 86 this Adrenaline bucket of puke software... job #1 right now.

LOOL Here we go. Tripple puke x2😎  1292402145_PUKEGREEN.gif.00a777e2cc699f7323c2ec735d4b2e19.gif1292402145_PUKEGREEN.gif.00a777e2cc699f7323c2ec735d4b2e19.gif1292402145_PUKEGREEN.gif.00a777e2cc699f7323c2ec735d4b2e19.gif 

After the above driver exorcism... next stop, Windows 7. No point in running 3DMark 11 in Windows 10/11 unless you have no other option. The physics score will be totally ruined by the newer feces OS.

Yep, with 4000 series Nvidia and new modern Radeon graphics cards you are forced to use the new and shiny from Redmond. The biggest drawback with new modern hardware. No wonder I have more fun with the old. We should see/praise us lucky we still can use newest Intel processors. Worse with those with newer AMD Ryzen processors. They have to use the new modern OS from Microsoft due the processor don't play well with the older OS's. Even Win 10 can be a problem.  

Not much gain going with ECC disabled for 3DMark 11. Maybe because its an very old benchmark. Or the modern benchmarks need ECC disabled to perform as normal😅 Can also be the combo with the new touch messed up OS from Microsoft. I have no modern graphics cards I could test with to see if there is an difference.

https://hwbot.org/submission/5221746_papusan_3dmark11___entry_geforce_rtx_4090_84059_marks2879467.jpg

https://hwbot.org/submission/5221757_papusan_3dmark11___performance_geforce_rtx_4090_81721_marks?recalculate=true

2879474.jpg

https://hwbot.org/submission/5221767_papusan_3dmark11___extreme_geforce_rtx_4090_51673_marks?recalculate=true

2879475.jpg

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 1

Pay more get less. Why in earth did AMD launch this v-cashe processor? This is in short a 6 cores Gamer processor. Those processors should cost +-300$ at max.

AMD RYZEN 9 7900X3DThe 12-core CPU with 3D V-Cache is that much slower in games

How much slower than the Ryzen 9 7950X3D with 8+8 cores is the Ryzen 9 7900X3D with 6+6 cores? The test provides the answer.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Sad 2

And they said it can't be done, impossible. Well I'm here to let you know it is possible and that nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

9 hours ago, Papusan said:

Pay more get less. Why in earth did AMD launch this v-cashe processor? This is in short a 6 cores Gamer processor. Those processors should cost +-300$ at max.

The internal codename for the CPUs was clear and transparent: "V+Cash". The marketing people firmly objected though. Azor wanted to call these "Bad Boys", but was once again reminded he doesn't work at Alienware anymore.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

9 hours ago, Papusan said:

AMD RYZEN 9 7900X3DThe 12-core CPU with 3D V-Cache is that much slower in games

How much slower than the Ryzen 9 7950X3D with 8+8 cores is the Ryzen 9 7900X3D with 6+6 cores? The test provides the answer.

That is an easy answer, because people were crying about the lack of 12/16 core variant during the launch of the 5800X3D. There was a reason why AMD didn't launch those high core processors and they should have stuck with the same logic. So this time AMD decided to rob those people that wanted the 12/16 core X3D parts. The crazy thing is these parts are still going to sell, regardless of what we think. The 7950X3D is sold out everywhere and the 7900X3D is selling better than it should....

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

That is an easy answer, because people were crying about the lack of 12/16 core variant during the launch of the 5800X3D. There was a reason why AMD didn't launch those high core processors and they should have stuck with the same logic. So this time AMD decided to rob those people that wanted the 12/16 core X3D parts. The crazy thing is these parts are still going to sell, regardless of what we think. The 7950X3D is sold out everywhere and the 7900X3D is selling better than it should....

Meanwhile the 5800X3D is getting closer to what I am willing to spend on it :) Should be a nice replacement for my 2700x 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Updates:
So, the AMD driver tweak tool doesn't seem to remove any garbage. It merely provides an alternative way of installing the driver with a couple of tweaks. All of the worthless trash is still there. So, I have to figure out a way of killing the processes and services so they stay dead unless I manually trigger them intentionally, instead of immediately restarting. I wish AMD had a Control Panel that was not DCH/UWP trash for W10/11. Seems like they do not. I will try the oldest available driver for 6900 XT and see if it has been that way since day 1. It sucks that all of the hardware OEM muppets are kissing Micro$lop's butt like this.

On a much sadder note, it appears the firmware on this 6900 XT is incompatible with Windows 7. I have spent hours trying to make it work. (Literally stayed up all night trying to get it to work, took a shower and started work.) I tried a half dozen Windows 7 Macrium Reflect images, manually changed to a few different bootx64.efi files (including a custom one that allows pure UEFI mode for Windows 7) and even tried a clean install. 100% failure on all attempts. Windows 7 setup refuses to run with the 6900 XT installed. Tried USB and DVD... both the same. It hangs before it reaches the first screen of the setup GUI. If I put the NVIDIA GPU back in it boots right up like normal. So, it has to be the AMD firmware.

The GPU is not bootable in CSM mode (Windows 7 freezes at boot CSM with enabled, which is the exact opposite of the expected behavior) and in UEFI mode (CSM disabled) Windows boots fine and the driver installs but the GPU has code 12 (no available resources/resource conflicts). Coincidentally, this is the same issue I had with 4090... exactly. I was able to mod a driver, but same code 12 and same freezing behavior. So, that really sucks.

Maybe I can find an older 6900 XT vBIOS that has CSM support. I hope so. Being able to use Windows 7 was one of the things that I was looking forward to. Benching is a lot less fun if you are stuck being forced to the newer cancer OSes that ruin CPU performance.

• Sad 4