NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

7 minutes ago, Rage Set said:

I am not happy they didn't include the backplate screws...which makes zero sense. Now I really wish I had blocked that card when I first got the waterblock in. Unfortunately, there is not much I can do since I purchased that block over a year ago. I am still going to e-mail the manufacturer.  

I ran into EXACTLY the same issue with the Barrow block that I had on the 4090 Suprim X. I ended up using the stock backplate and screws because of it. I could not do that here because the backplate is too large. With the Liquid X it was PCB-length and it fit fine. The stock screws would not work with the Barrow backplate because they had a large shoulder on them that fit into a pocket on the MSI backplate.

It worked out fine though. I think the screws that I put in it look better than what would have come with it. Maybe people in China don't install backplates, LOL.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

people in China don't install backplates, LOL.

lol, they sure don't do what us north americans do.

But on a happy note not even HP support after a week of tech support calls. can fix my wifi card and or driver issues. Nothing online but my card is a majorly popular wifi card the AX210/211 and it is not showing 6ghz signals. not a huge issue but annoying when HP tells me to just reinstall windows to see if that works, no guarantee but hey yeah Ill throw away 2 weeks of tweaks and installs just to see if something will fix it..now im on chat with microsoft...oh joy eh

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

So I double checked all the settings in 3Dmark 11, and they are the same with win 7 and win 10. I cannot achieve the clock speeds in Win 7 that I can in Win 10. Screenshot does not show, but I am set at 2577mhz in Win 7, and Win 10 is set at 2624. It crashes in Windows 7 at anything close to 2600. It has to be the driver causing this.

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/3dm11/15610712/3dm11/15649756#

3dmark 11 comp.jpg

Wattman Win 7.jpg

Wattman Win 10.jpg

• Thumb Up 2

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

2 hours ago, Raiderman said:

It has to be the driver causing this.

I agree. It most likely is some Windows 7 driver is messed up. Your Physics and Combined scores are exactly the opposite of everything I have ever seen before. Windows 7 is generally 10-15% higher than W8/10/11.

• Thumb Up 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

10 hours ago, ryan said:

CROCS CROCS CROCS WE WANT TO SEE THE CROCS

😀😀😀

image.thumb.png.58b8b18665d02891b09f945d0955ec4a.png

10 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Ugh Crocs 2.0 🙂

Personally, one of my favorite things of this thread (amongst many). 

I will be kind bro Electro. Only one pict of the Crocs😅

10 hours ago, Papusan said:

Me.... On the way to buy my first K|ngp|n card ever. Me... Have checked the used market the last years for interesting tech things. Now I'm on the way grab it😎 EVGA GeForce GTX 980 K|NGP|N ACX 2.0+ P/N: 04G-P4-5988-KR 

$120 for the old. But I enjoy play with the old. More fun than with the new modern.

I drove to town and picked up the EVGA GeForce GTX 980 K|NGP|N ACX 2.0+. The card come without the box because the card has been an exhibition model. The owner bought it and rarely used it over the years. The card looks in mint condition and the only thing included with the card is the dual Molex to 6-pin PCIe connector (see pict). It is possible that I can use this custom 6-pin connector and mount it to the molex ports on the PSU. I will still need to steal the motherboard PCIe cable to power the dual 8-pin for the card. This is not optimal in the long run. For info... The card have 2x 8-pin and 1x6-pin power connectors.

I need a second PSU to have enough power connectors. It has to be so, because the 4090 HOF needs two 12VHPWR PCI-E connectors and I don't want have to swap for 8-pins connectors depending on what card I want to run. Dang, this add more costs, LOOL

Here is an side by side comparison between the GeForce GTX 980 GAMING 4G and the EVGA GTX 980 K|NGP|N. The build quality can't be compared. The  MSI cards looks like a chepo baby boy toy compared. I will post a new video of these two also. 

QjbhtsD.jpg

AA7hZkZ.jpg

g86VniG.jpg

pxNHoG3.jpg

Here is a few of my older cards... I think I have a few heare and there now, LOOL

YiqvxyX.jpg

8 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I ran into EXACTLY the same issue with the Barrow block that I had on the 4090 Suprim X. I ended up using the stock backplate and screws because of it. 

It worked out fine though. I think the screws that I put in it look better than what would have come with it. Maybe people in China don't install backplates, LOL.

You are correct bro Fox. The Chinese people/gamers want their GPU backplate decorated with anime characters and they get it directly from their prefered brand. Not all cooling gear companies can offer that. And this baby girl thing is equal popular for both the boys and girls. Maybe it's an unisex want and need

MAXSUN-GeForce-RTX-4080-16GB-iCraft-OC-EHP-Edition-3-700x426.jpg

From the linked article.... 

MaxSun RTX 4080 iCraft OC is not yet listed by any retailer. We should remind our readers that MaxSun GPUs are usually not officially sold outside China, though, but it does not mean you can’t import one.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 3
  • Bump 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

7 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Maybe it's an unisex want and need

Nah, it's just disgusting. Being common in another culture doesn't excuse it or lessen the disgust.

7 minutes ago, Papusan said:

The build quality can't be compared.

No other GPU can compare to Kingpin/Classified and Galax HOF. They make everything else seem like a really stupid joke that nobody laughs at.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Papusan said:
10 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Ugh Crocs 2.0 🙂

Personally, one of my favorite things of this thread (amongst many). 

I will be kind bro Electro. Only one pict of the Crocs😅

thanks for the pic of the crocs, now I know your the real @Papusan not a doppelganger

dop·pel·gang·er
/ˈdäpəlˌɡaNGər/

noun

1. an apparition or double of a living person.
    "he has been replaced by an evil doppelganger"

On a side note I reinstalled windows and yup no 6ghz just threw 1 month of tweaks out the window. and it says 500gbs of space is missing while im only storing 220gb on top of windows. does anyone of you gentlemen know how to reclaim the missing 350-300gb
  • Thumb Up 4

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

No other GPU can compare to Kingpin/Classified and Galax HOF. They make everything else seem like a really stupid joke that nobody laughs at.

Here home in Norway the MSI cards sell in loads. And the used market is flooded with them. And I really hate the color combination with the Red. Imagine how much prettier this MSI card would been in black or Dark Grey. I know you don't see the Red huge ring around the fan when you use the GPU in the MB PCIe slot but there is many gamers that use a riser cable and the top of the card will flash the Red and Ugly right into the chassis window. 

I know you don't like the White color Galax always go with but the whole package is decent. Minimal bling bling on the card and you can turn of the flash show on the following smaller screen. 

card1.jpg

Nah, it's just disgusting. Being common in another culture doesn't excuse it or lessen the disgust.

Bro Fox the cartoon/anime cards with nice pastel colored bling bling from China is coming to U:S. Run and buy, LOOL

5dsV4a7U3GwVGs63ZbxGyN-1200-80.png.webp

A number of little-known suppliers of graphics cards that used to sell their products on various China-based marketplaces are now available in the U.S. from respected retailers like Amazon(opens in new tab) and Newegg(opens in new tab). These add-in-boards (AIBs) are neither too cheap nor too expensive, but they all started to show up in the U.S. around the time when the Ethereum cryptocurrency mining boom went bust.

Chinese Brands Flood U.S. Retail With Not-So-Cheap Graphics Cards

1 hour ago, ryan said:

thanks for the pic of the crocs, now I know your the real @Papusan not a doppelganger

dop·pel·gang·er
/ˈdäpəlˌɡaNGər/

noun

1. an apparition or double of a living person.
    "he has been replaced by an evil doppelganger"

On a side note I reinstalled windows and yup no 6ghz just threw 1 month of tweaks out the window. and it says 500gbs of space is missing while im only storing 220gb on top of windows. does anyone of you gentlemen know how to reclaim the missing 350-300gb

HeHe.

But you should have done an Macrium backup. For testing, just do a vanilla OS install. Just create a small partition for the test OS. Then get rid of it afterwards. 

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

9 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Here home in Norway the MSI cards sell in loads. And the used market is flooded with them. And I really hate the color combination with the Red. Imagine how much prettier this MSI card would been in black or Dark Grey. I know you don't see the Red huge ring around the fan when you use the GPU in the MB PCIe slot but there is many gamers that use a riser cable and the top of the card will flash the Red and Ugly right into the chassis window. 

I know you don't like the White color Galax always go with but the whole package is decent. Minimal bling bling on the card and you can turn of the flash show on the following smaller screen. 

card1.jpg

HeHe.

But you should have done an Macrium backup. For testing, just do a vanilla OS install. Just create a small partition for the test OS. Then get rid of it afterwards. 

I believe I have the same card, a recent addition for me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Reciever said:

I believe I have the same card, a recent addition for me.

This is the card https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Card/GTX-980-GAMING-4G/Specification

GLOBAL 1X GPU RANK: 1st out of 2076 -  GPUPI - 1B 

image.png.c293dab0bd75d69d83fa30e81657377b.png

GOLDMAN.gif.0b38480e746802600a990a224ca13709.gif

https://hwbot.org/submission/5223339_papusan_gpupi___1b_geforce_rtx_4090_1sec_137ms

2880592.jpg

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 4

On 3/11/2023 at 10:27 AM, Etern4l said:

Quick question: how bad an idea would be to mount one AIO using another AIOs mount/standoffs? Obviously the geometry is the same, and the pump-side fittings look very similar... 

Should work if you are 100% sure the height will be equal. Remember the old AIO mess when Intel released Alder lake. People and reviewers used standoff's from older socket for the newer socket 1700 and this made not proper fits. I mean the standoffs was 1mm too high. Hence the AIO manufacturers offered (free) upgrade kit for socket 1700.

NVIDIA Geforce RTX 4090 Updated With AD102-301 GPU

There have already been rumors that NVIDIA plans to introduce new GPU variants to some of its RTX 40 series graphics cards, namely the RTX 4070 and the RTX 4080, but now, a fresh RTX 4090 Founders Edition has been spotted with an updated AD102-301 GPU. According to the previous reports, an updated GPU was needed in order to enable a new voltage comparator circuit on the board. The same reports suggested that it could result in cheaper boards, lower build cost, and thus a lower price, but so far, there are no significant price changes for the RTX 40 series.

While there were no reports that the GeForce RTX 4090 will be on the update path, an updated GeForce RTX 4090 has been shipped to Redditor "cavityserach123." The card in question keeps the same Device PCI ID in GPU-Z, but the Sub ID has been changed, suggesting that it won't be possible to flash it with the BIOS of the previous AD102-300 based RTX 4090.
  • Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

image000000.thumb.jpg.8fef83dc1e2b94c92c7749e27e42f1f2.jpg

this and few other pics you posted of your system are making my OCD acting up.
you should raise your external res at least above the highest line point inside the case.
you have huge air pockets you will not be able to get rid of, which interns reducing your cooling efficiency significantly.

your external rad from the limited views i was able to catch is also setup incorrectly, your inlet outlets should be at the bottom not the top (it would be wise to flip it upside down).

the impossible is not impossible, its just haven't been done yet.

2 hours ago, MyPC8MyBrain said:

this and few other pics you posted of your system are making my OCD acting up.
you should raise your external res at least above the highest line point inside the case.
you have huge air pockets you will not be able to get rid of, which interns reducing your cooling efficiency significantly.

your external rad from the limited views i was able to catch is also setup incorrectly, your inlet outlets should be at the bottom not the top (it would be wise to flip it upside down).

There is not much difference between an external, and internal reservoir, and an internal reservoir is never above the highest line point inside the case. Air bubbles aren't  a thing when the pump is part of the reservoir. All you have to do is open the fill port, and tilt your case one way or another. Once bled, your done. Bleeding water cooling systems is part of the maintenance with an open loop system.

• Thumb Up 3

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

49 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

Bleeding water cooling systems is part of the maintenance with an open loop system.

BTW noob Q: this is just needed post-setup, and then presumably once in several months, right?

• Thumb Up 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

12 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

BTW noob Q: this is just needed post-setup, and then presumably once in several months, right?

No, bleeding is only required if you expose the pump to air. That would require running out of fluid. I think its more of a maintenance thing for people like us, because we are always changing crap. New water block, new gpu cooler, swapping cases, etc. Once bled, it will only require bleeding if you open the system to change something , or running out of fluid (unlikely)

• Thumb Up 3

@Mr. Foxis busy swapping his build into the gigantic EVGA DG case he recieved Friday 🤙

I am so glad someone wanted that thing! One less thing I have to pack into a Uhaul. Thanks bro @Mr. Fox🏚️

• Thumb Up 7

4 hours ago, MyPC8MyBrain said:

Not an option. They are built the way they are built. Both are made the same. All of my pumps are external. I get the air out by connecting the components, removing them and tilting them around to work the air out, while the pumps are running, then putting them back in. Been doing this for years without issues. The problem is the EKWB Velocity2 direct die block is not made correctly. 

But, that's all about to change.

1 hour ago, Raiderman said:

There is not much difference between an external, and internal reservoir, and an internal reservoir is never above the highest line point inside the case. Air bubbles aren't  a thing when the pump is part of the reservoir. All you have to do is open the fill port, and tilt your case one way or another. Once bled, your done. Bleeding water cooling systems is part of the maintenance with an open loop system.

38 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

No, bleeding is only required if you expose the pump to air. That would require running out of fluid. I think its more of a maintenance thing for people like us, because we are always changing crap. New water block, new gpu cooler, swapping cases, etc. Once bled, it will only require bleeding if you open the system to change something , or running out of fluid (unlikely)

Exactly. Not an issue. People that can't get the air out of the loop are just not knowing what to do.

34 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

@Mr. Foxis busy swapping his build into the gigantic EVGA DG case he recieved Friday 🤙

I am so glad someone wanted that thing! One less thing I have to pack into a Uhaul. Thanks bro @Mr. Fox🏚️

Spoiler alert. Still lots of tedious work to do before I can use it. But, it's getting closer.

After I am done playing around with the 6900XT the 3090 KPE will probably go in. Then it will be almost entirely EVGA. Case, PSU, mobo and GPU.

Although it is not necessarily larger than my Level 20 XT, this sucker is gigantic. Much larger than it seems in videos and pictures. Don't know what I am going to do with the Level 20 XT now, LOL. Might make a good miniature greenhouse, LOL.

DG-86.thumb.JPG.9d201a0519a2edc94c35994537c09921.JPG

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 4

Not an option. They are built the way they are built. Both are made the same. All of my pumps are external. I get the air out by connecting the components, removing them and tilting them around to work the air out, while the pumps are running, then putting them back in. Been doing this for years without issues. The problem is the EKWB Velocity2 direct die block is not made correctly. 

Exactly. Not an issue. People that can't get the air out of the loop are just not knowing what to do.

Spoiler alert. Still lots of tedious work to do before I can use it. But, it's getting closer.

After I am done playing around with the 6900XT the 3090 KPE will probably go in. Then it will be almost entirely EVGA. Case, PSU, mobo and GPU.

Although it is not necessarily larger than my Level 20 XT, this sucker is gigantic. Much larger than it seems in videos and pictures. Don't know what I am going to do with the Level 20 XT now, LOL. Might make a good miniature greenhouse, LOL.

That’s nice!! Did you return your 4090’s? What did you do with your 3090KP? 

PS: on another note, the AMD high end laptop CPU’s may turn out to be the GOTO option for best performance. Primarily because they are so efficient you’d have more GPU power envelope available during heavy gaming/benching loads. 

13900KF

32 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

That’s nice!! Did you return your 4090’s? What did you do with your 3090KP? 

PS: on another note, the AMD high end laptop CPU’s may turn out to be the GOTO option for best performance. Primarily because they are so efficient you’d have more GPU power envelope available during heavy gaming/benching loads. 

My excellent MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X was amazing. It died for no reason I could identify. I was not even using the system when it failed. It was turned on, but only had Outlook open and I was working doing my job on the other computer. The screen went black as if it were in power saving mode. I could not wake it up. After forcing power off and on it was no longer detected and even the BIOS was failing to POST because of no graphics device found. Tested in the other desktop and same. Amazon did not have another for exchange, so they gave me a refund. I ordered a Strix 4090 OC from NewEgg and it was a piece of garbage. The memory overclocking was abysmal. I returned it for exchange. They did not have another, so they gave me a refund (which was my preference, and I was praying they would not have a replacement in stock). 

3090 Kingpin is still kicking. It's in my work computer right now while I am playing with the 6800 XT. It's not going anywhere.

At this point I am not certain if I will ever buy another 4090. If you get one that doesn't suck at memory overclocking they are impressive, but at the same time not impressive due to overclocking being limited on 40-series. I don't need it for gaming. Overclocking is the only reason I would buy one. To be determined at a later date. I like having my money back more than I liked either 4090 at this point. The cost is beyond the point of diminished returned. Even the cheapest one is $500 too much. At a certain point it becomes not worth it.

On the laptop topic, unless they change something (or have already) you could not buy a laptop with the flagship NVIDIA GPU with an AMD CPU. Not sure why. I think I remember grumbling that the 2070 and 3070 were the best you could get paired with AMD. That was super idiotic and hope it has changed. I do not care personally, since I hate laptops, but I hope so for my friends that like them.

• Thumb Up 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

That looks sick bud! The 6900 XT looks like a gtx 1050 in there!

14-487-297-06.jpg

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

My excellent MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X was amazing. It died for no reason I could identify. I was not even using the system when it failed. It was turned on, but only had Outlook open and I was working doing my job on the other computer. The screen went black as if it were in power saving mode. I could not wake it up. After forcing power off and on it was no longer detected and even the BIOS was failing to POST because of no graphics device found. Tested in the other desktop and same. Amazon did not have another for exchange, so they gave me a refund. I ordered a Strix 4090 OC from NewEgg and it was a piece of garbage. The memory overclocking was abysmal. I returned it for exchange. They did not have another, so they gave me a refund (which was my preference, and I was praying they would not have a replacement in stock). 

3090 Kingpin is still kicking. It's in my work computer right now while I am playing with the 6800 XT. It's not going anywhere.

At this point I am not certain if I will ever buy another 4090. If you get one that doesn't suck at memory overclocking they are impressive, but at the same time not impressive due to overclocking being limited on 40-series. I don't need it for gaming. Overclocking is the only reason I would buy one. To be determined at a later date. I like having my money back more than I liked either 4090 at this point. The cost is beyond the point of diminished returned. Even the cheapest one is $500 too much. At a certain point it becomes not worth it.

On the laptop topic, unless they change something (or have already) you could not buy a laptop with the flagship NVIDIA GPU with an AMD CPU. Not sure why. I think I remember grumbling that the 2070 and 3070 were the best you could get paired with AMD. That was super idiotic and hope it has changed. I do not care personally, since I hate laptops, but I hope so for my friends that like them.

Thats unfortunate with the 4090 experience. I have not had the strong urge to buy one just yet. My next investment will be a bga turdbook.

How is the memory overclocking on your 3090KP HC? I dug deep on mine here recently with both memory voltage dip switches enabled, pushing for the absolute maximum OC on my GDDR6X and it has been at +1,835 in MSI AB daily (23,170gbps) now for a week so far with no issues on gaming or benching.  I’m pretty impressed with the bandwidth being equivalent to heavily overclocked 4090’s. It gives the RTX4080 a run for its money being only 10% faster at lower resolutions. 

• Thumb Up 1

13900KF

are you getting that tracer 3? im thinking of jumping on a 4090 laptop. sell this and just get the best and keep it for 2 years

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

42 minutes ago, ryan said:

are you getting that tracer 3? im thinking of jumping on a 4090 laptop. sell this and just get the best and keep it for 2 years

More like keep for 4 years with smooth performance. With new DLSS3, and frame regeneration, these new machines are really amazing and would easily run games at 60+ fps for years and years. You can actually snag a Cyberpower PC Tracer laptop with a RTX4090 for $2,850. Phenomenal value really. 

I’m definitely grabbing one my self. I am just waiting for everyone to release their 4090 models and decide on the best, I’m going back and forward too much. I’m still leaning towards the MSI GT77 Titan. It is the worst value money wise, but definitely the best long term option with the best cooling power and upgrade features down the line. It has a fully unlocked bios like a desktop motherboard, and PCI-e Gen 5 support. I really want a Mini LED display laptop, but they are all 16” and the GT77 Titan is the only larger display that has the Mini LED display, which many claim is better than OLED. 

Higher end laptops seem to last the longest performance wise though. Even the older 3080Ti laptops are just beastly fast right now. 

13900KF

1 hour ago, tps3443 said:

he GT77 Titan is the only larger display that has the Mini LED display, which many claim is better than OLED. 

Who claims that and in terms of what metrics? MiniLED is a misnomer and a bit of a marketing gimmick - unlike MicroLED, it's still based on LCD. Unlikely to come very close to OLED in terms of image quality. Good improvement over IPS though. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity