NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

16 hours ago, Papusan said:

So this means temperature going bad without the TIM degrade or pump out? If this happened suddenly there has to be a hardware failure on the AIO.

Maybe try out this pump tweak before you go further. 

ARCTIC Freezer II mod to get pump speed output

Ha, neat hack. Definitely worth considering it if it turns out that the AIO is OK and I am not going to RMA it.

For now, I am about to pull the trigger on the reasonably priced DeepCool LS720.

Given free choice EKWB Nucleus would be better (a bit more premium and PWM pump control) but availability is poor, and would work out at 2x the price with delivery who knows when.

The LS720 pump is 2x more powerful than the one in LFII (in terms of power consumed) - it actually requires a SATA power connector. The backplate is also larger (supports Threadripper as well). Unfortunately the radiator is standard 27mm, although with high fin density.

The pump doesn't support PWM - only connects to the mobo via a 3-pin header. Now, if I understand correctly, even though the pump would only be controlled via DC, I would still be able to see RPMs in the BIOS (that's what the 3rd pin is for)?

• Thumb Up 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

9 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Ha, neat hack. Definitely worth considering it if it turns out that the AIO is OK and I am not going to RMA it.

For now, I am about to pull the trigger on the reasonably priced DeepCool LS720.

Given free choice EKWB Nucleus would be better (a bit more premium and PWM pump control) but availability is poor, and would work out at 2x the price with delivery who knows when.

The LS720 pump is 2x more powerful than the one in LFII (in terms of power consumed) - it actually requires a SATA power connector. The backplate is also larger (supports Threadripper as well). Unfortunately the radiator is standard 27mm, although with high fin density.

The pump doesn't support PWM - only connects to the mobo via a 3-pin header. Now, if I understand correctly, even though the pump would only be controlled via DC, I would still be able to see RPMs in the BIOS (that's what the 3rd pin is for)?

The fourth wire sends a PWM signal to the fan motor. The 3rd pin is for the signal, brother.  The 4th pin or the PWM signal is the control input of the PWM fan.

Never run a pump on low speed. And variable/lower speed tend to clog the cold-plate. I always go for full speed on the pump. And modern pumps isn't very noisy. And most of the AIOs aint maintainable so run full speed brother.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

14 minutes ago, Papusan said:

The fourth wire sends a PWM signal to the fan motor. The 3rd pin is for the signal, brother.  The 4th pin or the PWM signal is the control input of the PWM fan.

Never run a pump on low speed. And variable/lower speed tend to clog the cold-plate. I always go for full speed on the pump. And modern pumps isn't very noisy. And most of the AIOs aint maintainable so run full speed brother.

Yes, what I wasn't sure of is what the signal pin is for - this is actually RPM info sent back to the mobo, so all good, given that the pump has a separate header.

Will do, just really wanted to make sure I can see pump RPMs - it's idiotic LFII doesn't have this, especially given that they advertise PWM pump control as a feature.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

sigh tired of posting.

but I have my performance back up after 2 days of fixing my OS. im content.

proof

Screenshot-18.png

I don't know why I even bother, you guys here are all nice.

And this is for my imaginary team. I never got why we game at max settings yet benchmark with lowest so I maxed the control panel AA AF ect. heres my results

Screenshot-19.png

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

4 hours ago, Papusan said:

20 hours ago, Papusan said:

Maybe try out this pump tweak before you go further. 

ARCTIC Freezer II mod to get pump speed output

4 hours ago, Etern4l said:

The image with the red text is not only difficult to read, but it is not clear what connections they are saying to bridge. I thought the instructions were unclear and somewhat confusing.

I saw some people positing about the fan controls on the AIO and if I were still trying to get by using an AIO I would not even run the fans using the AIO controls. I would use a manual fan controller or connect the fans to the motherboard headers to eliminate the need for extra trash software. The AIO pump should be running full speed 24/7. There is no reason for it to change speeds during normal use. All it will do is cause problems. I don't change the speeds on my D5 pumps either. There is no reason I can identify to run them less than full speed 24/7.

I run my fans full speed 24/7 as well. I bought fans that were strong enough to get the job done, but quiet enough to not be annoying running full speed. No need to mess with silly fan curves or other nonsense. Set it and forget it. They never turn off, even when my computer is turned off, because the pumps and fans on both of my systems have their own PSU. So, yeah... the fans and pumps run all day/all night.

I only turn them off when I go out of town for a business trip, or when I am working on my computer. I don't want the loop to be pressurized by the pumps when I am taking things apart. That could end badly, especially if a QD fitting got stuck in an open position when disconnecting it.

• Like 4

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

37 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

The image with the red text is not only difficult to read, but it is not clear what connections they are saying to bridge. I thought the instructions were unclear and somewhat confusing.

Well, bro @Papusan tirelessly stepped in to help, as always, and good to know there is a potential hack to send the pump RPM signal back to the mobo, albeit the instructions are indeed far from ideal, and it would be a bit of a Hail Mary exercise on a throwaway unit kind of thing (also taking into account the fact that there are several revisions of the AIO).

In the end, my hypothesis is that what's holding the LFII back for me is the small backplate and weak pump. With 6 iPPCs blasting through the radiator, the coolant temp is low enough, you just need to get it moving as fast as possible, and obviously maximise the heat exchange between the coldplate and the liquid (a function of the coldplate area for sure). 

37 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

if I were still trying to get by using an AIO I would not even run the fans using the AIO controls. I would use a manual fan controller or connect the fans to the motherboard headers to eliminate the need for extra trash software.

That's the setup. I was quite taken by the fact that DeepCool has a section in the manual dedicated to this pump-only connection arrangement. I guess (an educated guess based on some Amazon comments) the supplied fans are such that the company is all too happy for people to use their own rather than potentially trigger a fan RMA down the line lol. Well, hopefully I will report back on this sometime over the weekend, should delivery go to plan.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2

-- Max Tegmark

depressing! 😞

It will all get sorted out, i'm sure of it.  It's just a pain going through all the headaches and effort just to normalize.

I managed to average 52fps with nvidia control panel settings maxed and crysis remastered maxed, pretty happy about that as it's my favorite game. geesh I feel so dumb compared to you guys. It's not that i'm dumb per se, it's just my memory on medication is terrible, all sedatives. kinda like playing chess with 200mg of horse tranquilizer in you. Life goes on I suppose

heres a pic for you guys, it's at 1080p and maxed AA AF and settings.  Also has blackfires TOD mod installed and running.

Screenshot-20.png

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

40 minutes ago, ryan said:

depressing! 😞

It will all get sorted out, i'm sure of it.  It's just a pain going through all the headaches and effort just to normalize.

I managed to average 52fps with nvidia control panel settings maxed and crysis remastered maxed, pretty happy about that as it's my favorite game. geesh I feel so dumb compared to you guys. It's not that i'm dumb per se, it's just my memory on medication is terrible, all sedatives. kinda like playing chess with 200mg of horse tranquilizer in you. Life goes on I suppose

heres a pic for you guys, it's at 1080p and maxed AA AF and settings.  Also has blackfires TOD mod installed and running.

Screenshot-20.png

The only thing dumb I can see is the mistake of saying that you're dumb. 😉 We know you're not. Anyone who thinks they're functioning at 100% on meds or alcohol is just kidding theirself. Dead giveaway that they're not.

Crysis is something we are both pretty enamored with. Best game ever. Closest thing to it is Crysis 2 and the next closest thing to that is Crysis 3. I can live without the rest. The Remastered versions of them are the whipped cream and cherry on top.

• Thumb Up 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Thanks Alot @Mr. Fox I think the beer and meds are depressing me. Time for a change, I just need to do more wholesome things with my 24/7 time off. I never thought this would happen but it did and im fighting. I appreciate the kind words, It's just that I want to engage, I'm so used to you guys. But I know nothing about desktops, I used to know but its all but a forgotten song now.

Anyways, back on topic. what happened to @MyPC8MyBrain, I thought he was going to share some tweaks with us, he just disappeared off the map

• Thumb Up 4
  • Haha 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

6 minutes ago, ryan said:

Thanks Alot @Mr. Fox I think the beer and meds are depressing me. Time for a change, I just need to do more wholesome things with my 24/7 time off. I never thought this would happen but it did and im fighting. I appreciate the kind words, It's just that I want to engage, I'm so used to you guys. But I know nothing about desktops, I used to know but its all but a forgotten song now.

Anyways, back on topic. what happened to @MyPC8MyBrain, I thought he was going to share some tweaks with us, he just disappeared off the map

It comes off as patronizing but if you're capable of going on a jog or some exercise to get the heart pumping, it tends to flush the brain fog. Sometimes making it above water is enough to get that air and put a plan into action.

I prefer bike riding myself, throw on some headphones and put some distance between me and what ever problem Im chewing on at the time.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, ryan said:

The desktop stuff is like riding a bike. You never really forget it. Once you hop back on the saddle it'll come back to you.

Yeah, I don't know he was posting lots of stuff and then he just skedattled on out of here. There's a few places around the country that have had some really horrible weather, power outages, etc. Maybe he's in one of those places and things are kind of messed up for a minute.

That's good advice from Brother @Recievertoo.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Reciever said:

It comes off as patronizing but if you're capable of going on a jog or some exercise to get the heart pumping, it tends to flush the brain fog. Sometimes making it above water is enough to get that air and put a plan into action.

Thanks alot reciever, I'm not asking for special permission to post whatever I want and i'm truely sorry I don't want to be banned, All I have is this forum. I really enjoy talking to everyone, I just need to think about things longer perhaps. thanks for the kind wrds reciever and once again thanks for reviving NBR. means alot to all of us. if it wasn't for you guys I don't know. @Papusans crock jokes always cheers me up. and @Mr. Fox and @Etern4l as well as @Papusan and @Rage Set are always liking my posts. It means the world to me, I have like One friend in my city, everyones moved on and im getting old and sick. 

Just now, Mr. Fox said:

The desktop stuff is like riding a bike. Never really forget it. Once you hop back on the saddle it'll come back to you.

Yeah, I don't know he was posting lots of stuff and then he just skedattled on out of here. There's a few places around the country that have had some really horrible weather, power outages, etc. Maybe he's in one of those places and things are kind of messed up for a minute.

I remember changing a hard drive from a master to a slave by moving the plastic pin, and programming in java ect. I was alot better with windows 95/98 back in the day I could figure out anything, now I just feel lost. But thanks again, you mean alot to NBT and myself. 🙂

• Like 5

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

WB. thought you left for good. I was totally joking about you telling me to delete my system 32 folder lol...ha got a chuckle.

Quick question?

Does setting the L2 cache size for your cpu improve performance like it did with windows 7. Thats one tweak I have yet to try

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

59 minutes ago, ryan said:

depressing! 😞

Screenshot-20.png

You can have fun with any modern hardware fast or new. Laptop or Desktop! I’m excited to start messing around on a laptop again my self though. I guess I better decide on what to get before a new generation comes out lol. 

• Like 1

13900KF

1 minute ago, tps3443 said:

You can have fun with any modern hardware fast or new. Laptop or Desktop! I’m excited to start messing around on a laptop again my self though. I guess I better decide on what to get before a new generation comes out lol. 

I usually end up getting xx60 laptops, but if I got a desktop I'd probably go all out and buy a 4090ti when its available.

I like pushing mid range, but with the new scheme nvidia has us rolling in 90w 115w 130w variations its hard to take it as serious as the distiction of the different wattages is irrelevant.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

5 minutes ago, ryan said:

Thanks alot reciever, I'm not asking for special permission to post whatever I want and i'm truely sorry I don't want to be banned, All I have is this forum. I really enjoy talking to everyone, I just need to think about things longer perhaps. thanks for the kind wrds reciever and once again thanks for reviving NBR. means alot to all of us. if it wasn't for you guys I don't know. @Papusans crock jokes always cheers me up. and @Mr. Fox and @Etern4l as well as @Papusan and @Rage Set are always liking my posts. It means the world to me, I have like One friend in my city, everyones moved on and im getting old and sick. 

I remember changing a hard drive from a master to a slave by moving the plastic pin, and programming in java ect. I was alot better with windows 95/98 back in the day I could figure out anything, now I just feel lost. But thanks again, you mean alot to NBT and myself. 🙂

You were born for a reason and your life as a purpose, Brother Ryan. If you're not working, or can't, if you're still ambulatory find a local non-profit or a Church congregation and give just a little bit of your time to people that need help and I think you'll find that there are a lot of people that are worse off and you could give their lives a lot of value and meaning without investing a lot of yourself. You've got a lot to offer... Probably way more than you think you can offer. I know when I stay  cooped up and don't get out of the house, my mind starts telling itself lies and it can be depressing. I'm sure it helps having the camaraderie of the forum when you're feeling gloomy, but an hour or two of your day helping someone that is old, sick, lonely, etc. could breathe life into them and give you a huge morale boost in the process.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, ryan said:

If you were in the states, I could offer some desktop hardware. I know the feeling of being lost, but I have my ways to find myself. Working out, infecting my network/PCs, reading and filmmaking are all things that keep me sane. I also have a woman that knows when to knock me on my head to get my attention or let me be. Find your muses. Everything else will work itself out.

• Like 5
  • Bump 2

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

Just pulled the trigger on one of these:
O1CN01WNeQBX1EfASyDf1ru_!!73330378.jpg

Or this...

O1CN01zRh7KJ1EfAQgR99z9_!!73330378.jpg

The Chinese sellers on Ebay do a terrible job describing which one I'll actually get, but I'd prefer the top one as its better, but as long as the one I get works, I'll be happy. Should be useful for diagnosing my other cards too. I recently stuck my dead 880m in my P870DM and tested the voltages, Vcore and PEX were good, but I was getting no voltage readings for the memory phase of the VRM. I'd like to figure out what exact component is breaking the chain in order to supply voltage to the memory, hopefully I can figure it out at some point; I really want to get good at this kind of stuff... If only Khenglish was here 😞

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 6

Clevo P870TM-G: Core i7 8700k @ 4.8ghz | Clevo GTX 1080 | 32gb HyperX DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 17" 1440p 120hz B173QTN01.0 Screen | 256gb Samsung 850 EVO | 500gb WD Blue SSD | 1tb Samsung 870 QVO | 2tb Seagate 5400rpm HDD | Prema BIOS

Alienware 17 R1: Core i7 4710mq @ 3.619ghz 741 CBR15 (834 CBR15 @ 4.213ghz) | Dell GTX 860m | 16gb HyperX DDR3L @ 2133mhz | 17" 3D 120hz LTN173HT02-T01 Screen | 256gb mSATA SSD

Asus Zephyrus G14: Ryzen 7 4800hs @ 4.2ghz | GTX 1650 | 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 14" 120hz LM140LF1F01 Screen | 512gb NVME SSD

50 minutes ago, ryan said:

You've got more going on than I do dude, no one is interested in banning you, nor has the subject ever been broached a single time. I am quite a bit more tolerant than you give me credit for.

Any ideas what happened to Khenglish? Wasnt the heaviest poster but was certainly a mad scientist, loved seeing his work.

34 minutes ago, Rage Set said:

If you were in the states, I could offer some desktop hardware. I know the feeling of being lost, but I have my ways to find myself. Working out, infecting my network/PCs, reading and filmmaking are all things that keep me sane. I also have a woman that knows when to knock me on my head to get my attention or let me be. Find your muses. Everything else will work itself out.

A woman like that is one of a kind!

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Tenoroon said:

Just pulled the trigger on one of these:
O1CN01WNeQBX1EfASyDf1ru_!!73330378.jpg

Or this...

O1CN01zRh7KJ1EfAQgR99z9_!!73330378.jpg

The Chinese sellers on Ebay do a terrible job describing which one I'll actually get, but I'd prefer the top one as its better, but as long as the one I get works, I'll be happy. Should be useful for diagnosing my other cards too. I recently stuck my dead 880m in my P870DM and tested the voltages, Vcore and PEX were good, but I was getting no voltage readings for the memory phase of the VRM. I'd like to figure out what exact component is breaking the chain in order to supply voltage to the memory, hopefully I can figure it out at some point; I really want to get good at this kind of stuff... If only Khenglish was here 😞

Eurocom used to sell those... for 3 or 4 times what I ever thought they are worth. I used to want one, but never bad enough to  pay what they wanted for one. I can only imagine how much less you paid for it. Probably made by the same place as what they were selling with a gigantic markup.

Maybe with that kind of adapter, someone like Tony at Northwest Repair could fix your MXM cards that are not working.

I just snagged a sweet deal on some fittings from the same guy I bought the like-new EKWB block from for my 3060 Ti FTW3 a while back... less than half the cost of new, and the QD4 fittings are getting harder to find in quantity. One here... one there.  Seems like I can never find what I am looking for in one place most of the time, and the shipping really adds us when you buy things piecemeal. 

I figured out the silver QD fittings are less prone to sticking. From what I can tell, the black anodized finish is what tends to contribute to the female QD fitting not closing all of the way because the male part gets the black finish scratched off during normal use. That said, using the auto antifreeze for coolant helped a lot to reduce the frequency of the black fittings getting stuck. The antifreeze not only stops corrosion and organic growth dead in its tracks, but also acts as a lubricant, which is necessary for water pumps and seals in automotive applications.

image.thumb.png.02b6eec88589349d2faae2c8d94ef61e.png

• Thumb Up 5

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Eurocom used to sell those... for 3 or 4 times what I ever thought they are worth. I used to want one, but never bad enough to  pay what they wanted for one. I can only imagine how much less you paid for it. Probably made by the same place as what they were selling with a gigantic markup.

Maybe with that kind of adapter, someone like Tony at Northwest Repair could fix your MXM cards that are not working.

Yeah, Eurocom has a bunch of them, but they also have this Nvidia one. These ones are the best adapters as they were produced by Nvidia for AIBs to test and build MXM cards. They are common in China, but are becoming hard to find (they were always hard to get) due to MXM being almost completely abandoned. This is why they are priced ridiculously high.

Picture 1 of 5

The goal is to test my adapter with my 860m and 1080 and if it works with them, send it over to Tony alongside the 2080 Super so he has something to test the 2080 with. I'll be waiting a month for it to ship though which is a bit inconvenient but oh well.

2 hours ago, Reciever said:

Any ideas what happened to Khenglish? Wasnt the heaviest poster but was certainly a mad scientist, loved seeing his work.

I have no clue, I wish I knew. I've never really talked to him, but I'd pay that man just to sit with and talk to for an hour. He's in the career field I am wanting to pursue and I assume he has lots of experience doing what he does. I don't really know any EEs personally but he's the closest guy I "know."

• Thumb Up 2

Clevo P870TM-G: Core i7 8700k @ 4.8ghz | Clevo GTX 1080 | 32gb HyperX DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 17" 1440p 120hz B173QTN01.0 Screen | 256gb Samsung 850 EVO | 500gb WD Blue SSD | 1tb Samsung 870 QVO | 2tb Seagate 5400rpm HDD | Prema BIOS

Alienware 17 R1: Core i7 4710mq @ 3.619ghz 741 CBR15 (834 CBR15 @ 4.213ghz) | Dell GTX 860m | 16gb HyperX DDR3L @ 2133mhz | 17" 3D 120hz LTN173HT02-T01 Screen | 256gb mSATA SSD

Asus Zephyrus G14: Ryzen 7 4800hs @ 4.2ghz | GTX 1650 | 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 14" 120hz LM140LF1F01 Screen | 512gb NVME SSD

8 hours ago, Etern4l said:

Well, bro @Papusan tirelessly stepped in to help, as always, and good to know there is a potential hack to send the pump RPM signal back to the mobo, albeit the instructions are indeed far from ideal, and it would be a bit of a Hail Mary exercise on a throwaway unit kind of thing (also taking into account the fact that there are several revisions of the AIO).

Will always try help if I can 🙂 The different revisions doesn't really matter when it comes to the pump head/block. Mostly added comptibility with more sockets. If the guide is difficult to read maybe post a reply in the thread. Could be you will go back the the Artic Frezer II AIO if you aren't happy with the new you will try 😀 

4 hours ago, tps3443 said:

You can have fun with any modern hardware fast or new. Laptop or Desktop!

It doesn't matter if it's old or new hardware. Equal fun. What I probably newer will test is the new laptops. They don't come of themself into Papusan's plaza😎

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I figured out the silver QD fittings are less prone to sticking. From what I can tell, the black anodized finish is what tends to contribute to the female QD fitting not closing all of the way because the male part gets the black finish scratched off during normal use.

I still prefer black parts to match the desktop theme and the all black crocs @ryan😀 But I failed hard on the White HOF card😎 I could paint it black but then I expect none would buy it later in the used market.

Got an ok Time Spy Extreme score. And I'm sure there is more in the tank. I just have to milk it out slowly so I can have fun more than 2 or 3 days. 

https://hwbot.org/submission/5220878_papusan_3dmark___time_spy_extreme_geforce_rtx_4090_20272_marks?recalculate=true

2878715.jpg

• Like 4

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

nice score, this is off topic because no one replies in networking.

I just got internet 1.5gbps and on my s21ultra i get 1400-1600mbps because the 6ghz band shows up but on my precious laptop(all loling aside) I don't see 6ghz band ive tried older and newer intel AX210 drivers and nothing it just wont show. I heard that a fresh install of windows 11 might help but there has to be another way to get 6ghz besides a complete install of the OS.

@Papusanim on a intranet(gov) perhaps you are awake and can find a solution.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

5 hours ago, Papusan said:

I still prefer black parts to match the desktop theme and the all black crocs @ryan😀 But I failed hard on the White HOF card😎 I could paint it black but then I expect none would buy it later in the used market.

Performance matters more than looks for most things, but not everyone agrees on what consistitutes acceptable performance or good looks. The bar is set low for both now. It's awesome when you can like both, but if I had to choose one above the other it would always be performance. It is getting more difficult to find both in the same product. Form over function is winning. I am more concerned about the overall trend toward disgusting looks combined with lackluster performance being status quo than I am about the color of a component or case. The color of the product is probably the last thing we should burn any calories worrying about. Ugliness and the inability to identify it (calling it out as ugly in public when you see it) seems to be the new normal and is a symptom of the world we live in. You can walk down any big city street and find a freak show on every corner. You don't even have to go to the carnival for that.

Resale value is important if you need to resell. If you plan to use it until it is used up, then it doesn't matter. But, don't let worry about resale value diminish your pleasure. You bought it for you, so you probably should not care a whole lot about whether the next owner likes things your way. If you identify the right buyer, they might even pay extra for it not being normal and they might even be as smart as you are. 

• Like 1