NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

55 minutes ago, Tenoroon said:

Yeah, thats what I plan on doing. I can hold the MXM card in the slot, but 1 availble hand is worse than 2 lol. I'll probably zip tie my 880m to the adapter.

My order I will be going in is 880m -> 860m -> 1080 

I will start with the 880m because if this adapter is bad, I don't risk killing a working card. I will test voltages of Vcore and PEX while it's in the adapter to ensure it its getting some kind of power. I'll then stick in the 860m to test if it can show a picture as I know that thing works, if it does end up getting that far, I'll take out my 1080 in my P870 and stick it in there to test if it will work with the Clevo cards that require the added 8 power connector. If it works with the 1080, I will ship it over to NorthwestRepair alongside the 2080. I'd like to test the 2080, but diagnosing MXM cards is hard (especially those Clevo ones.) The fact that when I tried testing it in the P870 and the computer shut off really quickly seems to be a message discouraging me from sticking the 2080 into this adapter. The P870 knows more than I do, and if I can guarantee that this adapter works, I'd hate to kill it OR burn a hole in the 2080. Dead adapter won't be fun, and a hole in the 2080 is a lot less fun than that, you can fix the adapter, but not holes...

I'm trying to repair a dead RTX 2080 Super MXM that I purchased from the kind @electrosoft 🙂

For convenience of the guy doing the repair, I will send him this adapter with the card as he doesn't have any other way to test MXM GPUs sadly.

If that adapter works as expected, A whole slew of benchmark records are about to be broken lol

If you make a thread later or expand on this line of inquiry be sure to @mention me, would to see how this works out. I was thinking also we could start our own more exhaustive list for MXM laptops and compatibility, it would be a boon to this forum, in my opinion of course.

• Bump 2

On 3/16/2023 at 5:29 AM, Talon said:

I would keep the vBIOS and attempt a clean Nvidia driver install. I've seen it where a new vBIOS will cause that black screen issue until a clean driver install. 

On 3/16/2023 at 7:22 PM, Papusan said:

You said.... "I would keep the vBIOS and attempt a clean Nvidia driver install"

Not sure what you meant by this. Flashing the 980 Kingpin XOC vbios just render your PC un-bootable. All black. Nothing show up after re-boot or after cold boot. Just a screen Black as Hell.

But I found a way to make it work. But it shouldn't be like this.

Bro @Mr. Fox want to hear about the K|ngp|n XOC vbios experience for older cards? Retarded. 

First... It will flash but you got blackscreen with no boot. You put in a second GPU to try fix it then you find that the vbios is still the same. And you try two or three times more with the same retarded experience.

Second... I found a way to flash the Evga Kingpin XOC vbios. But you can't use neither the HDMI or one of the 3x mini-DisplayPorts. You are forced to use the old fashion DVI port to make it work without black screen or to make the screen light up. Probably a way Evga did to go around Nvidia's disgusting locks. But this is an half baked solution. None of this was mentioned in the op post in the official Kingpin thread on oc.net. I wish I rather got a Galax HOF 980. I'm quite sure they managed the XOC vbios better. And they are even the only player in graphics card today that offer more than the vanilla half baked firmware forced or introduced by nvidia. They even offer software for the chosen one for all control of the graphics cards power settings. 

There you have it.... Both black screen, no firmware change even if the flash was succsessful and on top you are forced to use the old fashion DVI port released for over two decades ago to make it works. When did HDMI and DisplayPorts take over for full for Nvidia graphics? 

ZOTAC Unveils First Graphics Card with DisplayPort

And I know Nvidia had HDMI (mini-HDMI )connector atleast for first gen Fermy graphics cards (400 series).

• Sad 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

16 hours ago, Tenoroon said:

This is a bit off-topic, but I thought I'd mention it with the topic of this poorly built adapter:

Hide contents

This is just something that I feel needs to be said more often, but everyone here, please strive for excellence (even though I know all of you guys here are doing this greatly). Alright is never good enough, so please take some pride in doing the best you can in regards to anything. With everything in the tech world going on right now and just life in general, I wish that more people would strive for excellence. I see too much wasted potential and selfish people/groups who do not care about anything and are willing to do things in a way that is more beneficial to them. I believe that even if it isn't in your best interest, that doing things to assist others and make the world a better place makes the biggest difference, and if more people thought this way, that things as a whole would be a lot better.

Loved what you said here. It is not off topic when you consider the garbage we all have to put up with in a world where most technology has been reduced to trash... including that MXM adapter. Doing good things and striving for excellence requires more effort, but not as much effort as fixing the problems caused by people that do things half-assed.

You can get stand-offs with longer threads and use nuts on the back side. Should not be an issue. What is an issue is the fact that is was produced and sold in a condition that is not turn-key and ready to use. That part is unacceptable. Instead of showing us how smart they are, the entity that did that showed us something else about them. It's not something good or nice, and it's definitely not something I would want anyone else to think about me if I were in their shoes.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

23 hours ago, Papusan said:

Splave needed the new 56 core monster from Intel to fix the total score with the Asus card. Trash Graphics score from the Asus card but the 5th place was saved by the $5,889 "free" 3495X 'Sapphire Rapids' massive Physics score🙂

https://hwbot.org/submission/5227670_splave_3dmark___time_spy_extreme_geforce_rtx_4090_20721_marks

And then you have him here. @Mr. FoxDoes it mean he have avesome card if he only run the card with ECC Disabed?😕 Aka the way it is meant to be used by gamers. Btw... He use a Rog Strix card, Hmmm

image.thumb.png.c4bf2f1b24278f21c76651f4ccc85b5e.png

LOOL. The Nr.1 overclocker in the world saved once again due his "free" 56 core monster from Intel to fix the total score with his 4090. This time with LN2 overclocked 4090🙂 And yep, he even got the unlocked software and the unlocked Galaxy xx.xx.xx.xx.46 to play with.

https://hwbot.org/submission/5228372_splave_3dmark___time_spy_extreme_geforce_rtx_4090_22395_marks

Enjoy bro @Mr. Fox😀I haven't the unlocked software/vbios from Galax. Only the chosen one/elite can have that. Should wish I had it I as well. But as yoiu know.... I'm not worth it/not the chosen one. 

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/spy/36769126/spy/36676355#

image.thumb.png.7e126836c3752798cc13d7a56e56d1a2.png

• Thumb Up 1
  • Sad 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

4 hours ago, Reciever said:

If that adapter works as expected, A whole slew of benchmark records are about to be broken lol

If you make a thread later or expand on this line of inquiry be sure to @mention me, would to see how this works out. I was thinking also we could start our own more exhaustive list for MXM laptops and compatibility, it would be a boon to this forum, in my opinion of course.

I could do this, but I'd have to fabricate a cooler, and one that would be universal for standard MXM GPUs. It would also have to not stick out too much as if it weighs too much, it could bend the card/adapter. I'd have to make something thats more vertical and has a way to better support its weight. Its possible though, we will see.

Clevo P870TM-G: Core i7 8700k @ 4.8ghz | Clevo GTX 1080 | 32gb HyperX DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 17" 1440p 120hz B173QTN01.0 Screen | 256gb Samsung 850 EVO | 500gb WD Blue SSD | 1tb Samsung 870 QVO | 2tb Seagate 5400rpm HDD | Prema BIOS

Alienware 17 R1: Core i7 4710mq @ 3.619ghz 741 CBR15 (834 CBR15 @ 4.213ghz) | Dell GTX 860m | 16gb HyperX DDR3L @ 2133mhz | 17" 3D 120hz LTN173HT02-T01 Screen | 256gb mSATA SSD

Asus Zephyrus G14: Ryzen 7 4800hs @ 4.2ghz | GTX 1650 | 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 14" 120hz LM140LF1F01 Screen | 512gb NVME SSD

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Papusan said:

LOOL. The Nr.1 overclocker in the world saved once again due his "free" 56 core monster from Intel to fix the total score with his 4090. 

You (we) have had to rely on luck, meaning not becoming a victim/loser in the silicon lottery, and knowledge. You have earned your spot. Those who receive cherry-picked parts for free have not. They still need to have knowledge, but their status is granted, not earned. When you earn something, it commands a higher level of respect from everyone, including yourself. That applies to other things in life as well. I find it difficult to respect status that is granted. I can still respect the person for their knowledge and skill, but I have to remind myself that I should.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 2
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

11 minutes ago, ryan said:

@Papusan your score was double mine 980 vs 3060

Screenshot-5.png

unreal, I don't know how you did it

Windows 11 is awful for older benchmarks. And the Cpu performance is important for this benchmark. 

You have below 4000 series graphics card and can choose whatever Windows OS you want to run. Newer has to be better, LOOL

• Thumb Up 3

I wrestled with my 13900K for a while today, and managed to get it to a usable state by taking a few hints from derBauer's video on tuning this CPU for efficiency, as well as your advice guys, @Mr. Foxin particular. Fixed ratios(51/42), fixed voltage ((ring 0.975V, Vcore: 1.125V). On top of that a new AIO with 25% larger coldplate, 50% faster pump, and T30 fans, but 11mm thinner radiator (cold during tests anyway). Used some throwaway paste there, don't remember MX-5 or TF7.

The result: 38K in CB23 at around 200W... Very usable. Temps still reach 90C so something is wrong and deliding will be necessary. 

nOCdyGO.png

Indigo is also not far off 300W results:

2TAwOpA.png

GPU is doing OK vs @Mr. Fox's OCed 6900XT on Linux, roughly in line with the spec advantage. conservative OC +70/+2000 

8Qy0tzc.png

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

6 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

I wrestled with my 13900K for a while today, and managed to get it to a usable state by taking a few hints from derBauer's video on tuning this CPU for efficiency, as well as your advice guys, @Mr. Foxin particular. Fixed ratios(51/42), fixed voltage ((ring 0.975V, Vcore: 1.125V). On top of that a new AIO with 25% larger coldplate, 50% faster pump, and T30 fans, but 11mm thinner radiator (cold during tests anyway). Used some throwaway paste there, don't remember MX-5 or TF7.

The result: 38K in CB23 at around 200W... Very usable. Temps still reach 90C so something is wrong and deliding will be necessary. 

nOCdyGO.png

Indigo is also not far off 300W results:

2TAwOpA.png

GPU is doing OK vs @Mr. Fox's OCed 6900XT on Linux, roughly in line with the spec advantage. conservative OC +70/+2000 

8Qy0tzc.png

How are you running Cinebench 23 on Windows 7? With 8 more cores than me, you should be above the 40k mark.

CB 23.jpg

• Thumb Up 2

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

8 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

How are you running Cinebench 23 on Windows 7? With 8 more cores than me, you should be above the 40k mark.

CB 23.jpg

Sorry this was on Linux, so there might have been a penalty due to the emulation layer (I'm not sure, my Windoze 11 died trying to upgrade itself against my will). 

Also bear in mind max power draw was around 200W, not 236W.

Do you want to have a go at Indigo Benchmark? Would be interesting to see how well 7950X does there.

• Thumb Up 2

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

3 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Sorry this was on Linux, so there might have been a penalty due to the emulation layer (I'm not sure, my Windoze 11 died trying to upgrade itself against my will). 

Do you want to have a go at Indigo Benchmark? Would be interesting to see how well 7950X does there.

Oh I see, you were running in a VM. I am trying the Indigo bench now. Ive been getting an "out of bounds" error. I will keep trying and post back.

• Thumb Up 2

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

15 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

Oh I see, you were running in a VM. I am trying the Indigo bench now. Ive been getting an "out of bounds" error. I will keep trying and post back.

Not VM, technically it's Wine, which is a light Windows emulation layer, although I actually used a handy tool called Lutris which sits on top of Wine as well as other emulators and software repos:

https://lutris.net/games/cinebench-r23/

I'm tempted to try running 3DMark, but would need to dig up my Steam account from somewhere.

Re Indigo, should be able to run this on AMD no problem:

https://openbenchmarking.org/test/pts/indigobench-1.0.2&search

Are you running version 4.4.15 from here:

https://www.indigorenderer.com/indigobench

?

Ah, perhaps it's some sort of issue with Win7 :(

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

-- Max Tegmark

Indigo is being a bit flaky for me. It will render the bedroom scene, then just quit. I must say, it is a very cpu intensive benchmark. Cinebench cpu usage is pathetic compared to indigo. I disabled my undervolt curve to see if that would help the bench render the super car, and it would not. It just quits. I was getting 5.3 on the bedroom scene before lowering it to the screenshot below. As you can see, it tasks the cpu much harder than CB.

CB 23 usage.jpg

indigo usage.jpg

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

25 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

Indigo is being a bit flaky for me. It will render the bedroom scene, then just quit. I must say, it is a very cpu intensive benchmark. Cinebench cpu usage is pathetic compared to indigo. I disabled my undervolt curve to see if that would help the bench render the super car, and it would not. It just quits. I was getting 5.3 on the bedroom scene before lowering it to the screenshot below. As you can see, it tasks the cpu much harder than CB.

CB 23 usage.jpg

indigo usage.jpg

That's a very good Bedroom score on Windows. My 5500 is specific to Clear Linux (normally it would be 6k, but my CPU has issues and running in "eco mode"), on Windows 11  it was around 4000-4200 for me IIRC, same on Ubuntu and other slower distros.

Indigo is taxing (too bad you couldn't run the Supercar scene, that's notably more intense), but this must be platform-specific, since on Intel I find CB R23 to be more demanding still.

• Thumb Up 1

-- Max Tegmark

AE30387D-4795-424F-89F5-B2886F7C7A39.thumb.jpeg.c1342e23c597e98280dc934a4d8bddb4.jpeg

680C00B1-066D-447A-9279-3A6E2E908728.thumb.jpeg.455413c934ab875443db36ff1895f54a.jpeg

• Thumb Up 5
  • Like 3

Clevo P870TM-G: Core i7 8700k @ 4.8ghz | Clevo GTX 1080 | 32gb HyperX DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 17" 1440p 120hz B173QTN01.0 Screen | 256gb Samsung 850 EVO | 500gb WD Blue SSD | 1tb Samsung 870 QVO | 2tb Seagate 5400rpm HDD | Prema BIOS

Alienware 17 R1: Core i7 4710mq @ 3.619ghz 741 CBR15 (834 CBR15 @ 4.213ghz) | Dell GTX 860m | 16gb HyperX DDR3L @ 2133mhz | 17" 3D 120hz LTN173HT02-T01 Screen | 256gb mSATA SSD

Asus Zephyrus G14: Ryzen 7 4800hs @ 4.2ghz | GTX 1650 | 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 14" 120hz LM140LF1F01 Screen | 512gb NVME SSD

1 hour ago, Raiderman said:

CB 23.jpg

1 hour ago, Etern4l said:

You said you tuned the clocks down to 51/42. Thats the reason🙂

• Thumb Up 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Papusan said:

You said you tuned the clocks down to 51/42. Thats the reason🙂

Of course, but the less obvious question is whether running CB23 in Wine slows it further down or not.

Not really too in-depth on the tuning details, but interesting nonetheless:

• Thumb Up 3

-- Max Tegmark

1 hour ago, Tenoroon said:

AE30387D-4795-424F-89F5-B2886F7C7A39.thumb.jpeg.c1342e23c597e98280dc934a4d8bddb4.jpeg

680C00B1-066D-447A-9279-3A6E2E908728.thumb.jpeg.455413c934ab875443db36ff1895f54a.jpeg

This adapter is just plain WEIRD...

It refused to give a picture by itself and I don't have any motherboards that leave the iGPU on when a dGPU is installed sadly. I had to tear down my SFF Optiplex 990 as it's the only motherboard I have with 2 PCI-e slots. I put my Quadro 600 in the main x16 slot and the 860m in the secondary x4 slot. I finally got everything working, but the 860m gave a code 10 and GPU-Z was brought to its limits. GPU-Z said I had an 860m with a GK104 core, 640 CUDA cores (like the GM107 860m), and 53 TMUs (??????). I had to re-install Win7 on the SSD I was using so I just planned on attempting to install drivers after stuff updated. Finally, during one of the final batches of updates, I noticed Windows automatically installed drivers for both the Quadro and 860m. I immediately switched the DP cable from the Quadro to the adapter and it displayed a picture. I then tried to install drivers via NVCleanInstall and despite me modding the .inf and everything, the "new" drivers would revert the GPU back to a code 10 and display nothing when plugged in. I gave up on driver installation and did a system restore to go back to what I originally had. I then ran Unigine Heaven and the 860m refused to pull over 30 watts. What made this weird was that in GPU-Z, during the benchmark, it always said the GPU was "idle" and hadn't reached its power limit.

After failing at the benchmark, I tried taking the Quadro out to see if it would POST with just the 860m. Something else I noticed was that the 860m would NOT show a picture until Windows loaded and the drivers for it loaded. (This reminds me when people upgraded non-pascal laptops with pascal+ GPUs and finding that everything worked, but they would lose BIOS access.) With only the 860m in and in the x16 slot, the motherboard would beep 32 times and then proceed to boot normally without a picture at all. I still can't figure out what the beeping indicates for this proprietary board, but it doesn't really matter. I then went back to 860m in x4 slot and Quadro in x16 slot and checked event viewer and Windows did say it booted and loaded correctly whenever I had only the 860m in. I then tried putting the 860m in the x16 slot with the Quadro in the x4 slot, but that produce the same problem, only this time, the Quadro was able to display an image, but drivers weren't loaded for both GPUs.

I also noticed the very bottom DP port on the adapter doesn't work, but that may be because the 860m was never intended to be able to output on 4 displays.

This adapter is weird, but good enough to test things. Hopefully NorthwestRepair can work his magic whenever it gets sent to him, maybe he can figure out how this adapter works too. Only time will tell.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tenoroon said:

This adapter is just plain WEIRD...

It refused to give a picture by itself and I don't have any motherboards that leave the iGPU on when a dGPU is installed sadly. I had to tear down my SFF Optiplex 990 as it's the only motherboard I have with 2 PCI-e slots. I put my Quadro 600 in the main x16 slot and the 860m in the secondary x4 slot. I finally got everything working, but the 860m gave a code 10 and GPU-Z was brought to its limits. GPU-Z said I had an 860m with a GK104 core, 640 CUDA cores (like the GM107 860m), and 53 TMUs (??????). I had to re-install Win7 on the SSD I was using so I just planned on attempting to install drivers after stuff updated. Finally, during one of the final batches of updates, I noticed Windows automatically installed drivers for both the Quadro and 860m. I immediately switched the DP cable from the Quadro to the adapter and it displayed a picture. I then tried to install drivers via NVCleanInstall and despite me modding the .inf and everything, the "new" drivers would revert the GPU back to a code 10 and display nothing when plugged in. I gave up on driver installation and did a system restore to go back to what I originally had. I then ran Unigine Heaven and the 860m refused to pull over 30 watts. What made this weird was that in GPU-Z, during the benchmark, it always said the GPU was "idle" and hadn't reached its power limit.

After failing at the benchmark, I tried taking the Quadro out to see if it would POST with just the 860m. Something else I noticed was that the 860m would NOT show a picture until Windows loaded and the drivers for it loaded. (This reminds me when people upgraded non-pascal laptops with pascal+ GPUs and finding that everything worked, but they would lose BIOS access.) With only the 860m in and in the x16 slot, the motherboard would beep 32 times and then proceed to boot normally without a picture at all. I still can't figure out what the beeping indicates for this proprietary board, but it doesn't really matter. I then went back to 860m in x4 slot and Quadro in x16 slot and checked event viewer and Windows did say it booted and loaded correctly whenever I had only the 860m in. I then tried putting the 860m in the x16 slot with the Quadro in the x4 slot, but that produce the same problem, only this time, the Quadro was able to display an image, but drivers weren't loaded for both GPUs.

I also noticed the very bottom DP port on the adapter doesn't work, but that may be because the 860m was never intended to be able to output on 4 displays.

This adapter is weird, but good enough to test things. Hopefully NorthwestRepair can work his magic whenever it gets sent to him, maybe he can figure out how this adapter works too. Only time will tell.

Try with the old fashion DVI cable or just us an adapter plug from HDMI/displayport to DVI. My Kingpin card refused to use HDMI/displayport with the XOC vbios. Only DVI worked out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It seems AMD also will go the stupid route with baby cores... 

AMD Allegedly Testing Hybrid Processor with Zen 4 and 4c Cores

The CPU can process 12 threads simultaneously and the CPU expert @InstLatX64 believes that this is AMD's codenamed Phoenix 2 processor, packing two high-performance Zen 4 cores and four energy-efficient Zen 4c cores. 

• Thumb Up 4

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

Only DVI worked out.

Well, I am glad that worked out. DVI was popular when that card was released. Maybe the firmware mod removed support for HDMI and DP. Hard to know at this point if it was intentional or accidental. The XOC BIOS and vBIOS firmwares are not released by EVGA. They are aftermarket mods.

4 hours ago, Raiderman said:

Indigo is being a bit flaky for me.

Right now 3DMark is flaking out on me. This has happened to me dozens of times with 3060 Ti, 3090, 4090 and now 6900 XT. When you try to launch it the system freezes and eventually reboots if you wait long enough. It is their crappy SystemInfo scanner. Once it starts doing that the only thing that fixes it for me is uninstalling it and reinstalling it. 3DMark has become a real piece of trash. It seems to happen most often after they update their cancer to a newer version. Well, guess what they just did today... yup, an update.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

Well, I am glad that worked out. DVI was popular when that card was released. Maybe the firmware mod removed support for HDMI and DP. Hard to know at this point if it was intentional or accidental. The XOC BIOS and vBIOS firmwares are not released by EVGA. They are aftermarket mods.

Right now 3DMark is flaking out on me. This has happened to me dozens of times with 3060 Ti, 3090, 4090 and now 6900 XT. When you try to launch it the system freezes and eventually reboots if you wait long enough. It is their crappy SystemInfo scanner. Once it starts doing that the only thing that fixes it for me is uninstalling it and reinstalling it. 3DMark has become a real piece of trash. It seems to happen most often after they update their cancer to a newer version. Well, guess what they just did today... yup, an update.

I think it's intentional to circumvent one of Nvidia's locks. But weird nothing was in the Kingpin thread. I think Kingpin himself or his workers did the mod. Who else?

Rare I have problem with System info. Could be the combo with the trash software and your graphics card. Sometimes it seems the load from that monitor software tax the Cpu more than the Physics test, LOOL

2nd 3DM 11 Entry - GTX 980

https://hwbot.org/submission/5230214_papusan_3dmark11___entry_geforce_gtx_980_37654_marks

2886069.jpg

https://hwbot.org/submission/5230220_papusan_3dmark11___extreme_geforce_gtx_980_8672_marks

2886071.jpg

• Thumb Up 2

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 2

computer is glitching with the crocs software and rgb blocks in the background. not sure whats going on but I think I need to overclock the colors and get less fem shoes

Screenshot-6.png

highest stock score for 3dmark timespy

Screenshot-7.png

and at stock clocks. yes it was overheating, what do you expect

Screenshot-10.png

and heres what happens when I push past 4.2ghz

Screenshot-11.png

• Thumb Up 3

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled