NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

49 minutes ago, ryan said:

did you guys @Mr. Fox @Papusan see what happened to (hertzian) this is pitiful. I take it he got warning points. this is unacceptable. he did nothing wrong. the members are being treated like fecal matter. you guys are immune but people are being treated like crap for expressing their opinions in a place the should promote opinions. we are here to discuss good and bad. we want a voice. this has to stop, Hertzian did alot of work for the gaming section and NBT in general. can someone speak up.

people building the forum, warn them?

Nothing happened to @Hertzian56, a picture of a swastika was posted and removed. He was asked not to post that picture again, to which he reposted and was removed a second time. He has also accused me of granting additional perks to only this benchmark thread (picture allotments) which as we all know, many here use picture hosting websites to backfill that limitation, which is completely ok and supported from the forums software. The opinions of @Hertzian56 are still present for anyone to see.

As a result of this users retaliation, a one week suspension has been issued, name has been reverted back to its original state and they are welcome to continue posting after the cooling off period.

49 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Check the W7 physics score, with NO performance tweaks, at a lower clock speed compared to Winduhz 10/11 filth.

image.thumb.png.943d93eec9294d25aa6db4af5f6b0285.png

Hmm... that forum name is... unacceptable. I am surprised it was allowed to exist.

Its not, it was renamed in retaliation to moderator action. To which it has been reverted.

41 minutes ago, ryan said:

his name was hertzian. hes done alot for us. we owe him a thanks. not a warning. he will most likely be banned for that name

I wouldnt suggest I am banning anyone without going through extreme measures first. Thanks 🙂

36 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

What was the warning for?

Reposting an image of the swastika.

31 minutes ago, ryan said:

he posted and then like 4 hours later posted again to spice things up and then laughed at reciever. with the thumbs up feature. I added a laugh and got 5 warning points. it was completely justified. everyone except you guys get treated like poop. bad day for me as I truely appreciated his posts and what he has done, up to and including a picture thread. very intelligent and nice, down to earth guy

not a joke' just a little backdrop on fascism and narcissism. alot of people respect freedom of speech, others do not. I think its funny someone living in the states holds a view such as is evident. we are all entitled to our opinion even if it feels like an attack. he will be missed. I have schizoeffective disorder and have amounted to more. sad when you have no excuse

This is a bit of revisionist history. You openly criticized my request to not quadruple post, that alone isnt what issued the warning however, it was the rant that went along with it, which is ground we have covered already in the past a few times at this point. Once again, if you have issues with the rules you can always PM me and discuss. Instead you engage appeal to popularity / appeal to authority to rile up "the crowd" here in this thread almost like clockwork. The rules have been the same for almost 20 years.

14 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences.

I've been using forums since back in the BBS days (Think 1980s) and acting and behaving in a certain way is required to keep a civilized discourse flowing across all subjects.

In the end, these are private forums being offered for free by @Reciever to keep alive the NBR spirit and beyond. It really is a, "If you don't like it, don't use it," approach on the Internet. Many users there (and across every forum I've ever used) have received warnings and many were banned for various infractions.

Why am I and most others able to use various forums and go our entire existence never having recieved (pun intended) so much as a warning while others seem to continually be warned, suspended and banned?

Why is that?

Just something to chew on.

I also agree, its also worth noting that anyone can always reach out and discuss if a topic is ok or not. Neither of the members that have recently taken the "spotlight" have ever once reached out, instead repeating what was specifically requested to not be repeated. This results in a slap on the hand, sadly.

• Thumb Up 8

I think we need to move on. this has caused alot of chaos. he is repected.

this is the way(mandalorian)''

Im not anti-reciever, its just maybe things got blown out of proportion, I figured something happened because he changed his name to FU

@Hertzian56 is an old NBR vet, I have alot of respect for him posting when no one was there. building up the forum

its all good, I was just upset for Hertzian. he has done alot. I don't see him being banned as he changed his name back. but it was a close call

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

4 minutes ago, ryan said:

I think we need to move on. this has caused alot of chaos. he is repected.

this is the way(mandalorian)''

Im not anti-reciever, its just maybe things got blown out of proportion, I figured something happened because he changed his name to FU

@Hertzian56 is an old NBR vet, I have alot of respect for him posting when no one was there. building up the forum

Respect for one member does not allow you to redefine the landscape how you see fit. End of discussion.

I changed his name back, the user in question cant do that. Stop double posting, use the multi-quote.

• Thumb Up 2

Sounds to me like someone was pushing the envelope, and received their due consequences.

Anyway, @Mr. FoxI would like to see windows 7 running on that card!

• Thumb Up 4

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

24 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

@Mr. FoxI would like to see windows 7 running on that card!

Me, too. It will be very disappointing if it cannot for some reason.

• Thumb Up 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

3 hours ago, Raiderman said:

Holy crap batman....You just described what I go through on a daily basis with this build. Constantly having to do chkdsk on the Windows 10 install. I was going to post what happened to me yesterday, and decided not to. Now that you described what you are going through, I think I will.

@Etern4lhad me try out the Indigo benchmark, and I was impressed with how it stressed the cpu, however, shortly after running it, I experienced BSOD's in Windows 10. I couldnt stay in the OS for more than a few seconds, so I reduced everything to stock in the bios, and still had the same issues. So I thought I would try the Windows 7 disk, and it was BSODing before entering the OS, so I was left with nothing to boot to. I thought for sure I cooked the cpu or the ram, so I did a memtest, and it came back normal, I was like wtf! So, finally I went into the bios and disabled XMP, and bam, it booted to both OSes??? After booting back into both OSes, I have since enabled XMP, and my undervolt curve, and have not had issues yet. Another thing is, this build does not like to restart, or shutdown from either OS. The OS itself shuts down/restarts normally, but I think its hanging via the bios or something. Windows will shutdown, screen is blank, but all the power is still on, and the EZ debug LED is stuck on yellow, meaning its hanging. Usually at start up, I get two LED's, red, and Yellow. Yellow off first, then red off, then post... To say the least, I am frustrated. In order to get it to power down completely I must hold the power button, and push it again. Not sure if its the MB, or a flaky bios.

But I feel your pain when it comes to chkdsk...I have to run it from within windows 7 to fix my windows 10 disk.

Uploading video

Very sorry to hear man, well benchmarks can make things come out of the woodwork. FWIW, it looks to me like we cannot exclude a hardware issue, possibly RAM (remember that out of bounds error?). In your shoes, I would ensure cooling is 100% in order and run at least one full cycle of memtest86 to begin with. I'd also try running Linux from a live USB. If issues continue there, it's likely hardware (would be an unwelcome conclusion, but at least you'd know where you stand)... Good luck bro, this puts my 13900K issues in perspective.

3 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Boiled down, a larger IHS or even cold plate must also have a dissipation rate that can take advantage of the increased size else it will just eventually saturate and you end up almost with the efficacy of the smaller IHS and/or cold plate. Of course the idea is to make sure you primarily have proper coverage of the surface needing heat dissipation in the first place (Looking at you Arctic and 13th gen).

In this case we can assume the IHSes we are comparing are made of the same material. Are you saying that an IHS 10% larger will provide zero additional benefit, or that the benefit will be small? The latter I would agree with. Surely cooling efficiency is not linear in the area, but still in principle more IHS area is better, with diminishing returns. 

By the second law of thermodynamics, heat flows from hotter to colder objects (whoa!), but what that means is that initially heat will prefer to flow to that excess copper, and from there - through the extra contact area - transfer to that coolant at a higher rate than it would have otherwise.  This is clearly preferable to a situation where this extra route of escape for the heat does not exist. We haven't been bashing BGA manufacturers on account of their small heatsinks for no reason. That's the exact same idea.

Now, clearly there are diminishing marginal returns, but that depends on the initial size of the IHS. Imagine the IHS is infinitely large, you are not going to gain anything by adding an extra 10% lip around it, as heat will never get there in the first place. In contrast, take a look at that pitifully small LGA1700 IHS being asked to pump 300W+ lol

Going back to the original question: what improvement would an additional 10% IHS size on LGA1700 yield. I am afraid, we are not going to be able to derive the exact formulae here, nor will we be able to test this ourselves unless we find an aftermarket original 12th gen Rockit IHS, but yeah - if I were to guess probably somewhere around 5% (but not zero!).

3 hours ago, electrosoft said:

I have a collection of Rockitcool delidders from 6th through 10th gen (they skipped 11th for several reasons) and they all worked great. I tend to think when I see issues or problems with end users using them it ends up being a problem with their usage and not the actual device itself. Almost every time I check they did something wrong.

I mean apparently even Linus managed to use it correctly (then proceeded to do his usual thing: drop stuff etc. lol)

But then of course that's an ad.

2 hours ago, ryan said:

his name was hertzian. hes done alot for us. we owe him a thanks. not a warning. he will most likely be banned for that name

What does that even mean? Do you mean a mod expressed a concern? It's not like has been publicly tainted somehow, there is nothing on his profile. On the other hand, a VAC ban is for life :)

Edit: nm, Reciever clarified.

2 hours ago, Raiderman said:

What was the warning for?

For not observing a prior warning about fairly strong 1930s style content he posted (from what I gather).

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

22 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Very sorry to hear man, well benchmarks can make things come out of the woodwork. FWIW, it looks to me like we cannot exclude a hardware issue, possibly RAM (remember that out of bounds error?). In your shoes, I would ensure cooling is 100% in order and run at least one full cycle of memtest86 to begin with. I'd also try running Linux from a live USB. If issues continue there, it's likely hardware (would be an unwelcome conclusion, but at least you'd know where you stand)... Good luck bro, this puts my 13900K issues in perspective.

In this case we can assume the IHSes we are comparing are made of the same material. Are you saying that an IHS 10% larger will provide zero additional benefit, or that the benefit will be small? The latter I would agree with. Surely cooling efficiency is not linear in the area, but still in principle more IHS area is better, with diminishing returns. 

By the second law of thermodynamics, heat flows from hotter to colder objects (whoa!), but what that means is that initially heat will prefer to flow to that excess copper, and from there - through the extra contact area - transfer to that coolant at a higher rate than it would have otherwise.  This is clearly preferable to a situation where this extra route of escape for the heat does not exist. We haven't been bashing BGA manufacturers on account of their small heatsinks for no reason. That's the exact same idea.

Now, clearly there are diminishing marginal returns, but that depends on the initial size of the IHS. Imagine the IHS is infinitely large, you are not going to gain anything by adding an extra 10% lip around it, as heat will never get there in the first place. In contrast, take a look at that pitifully small LGA1700 IHS being asked to pump 300W+ lol

Going back to the original question: what improvement would an additional 10% IHS size on LGA1700 yield. I am afraid, we are not going to be able to derive the exact formulae here, nor will we be able to test this ourselves unless we find an aftermarket original 12th gen Rockit IHS, but yeah - if I were to guess probably somewhere around 5% (but not zero!).

I mean apparently even Linus managed to use it correctly (then proceeded to do his usual thing: dropping things etc. lol)

But then of course that's an ad.

What does that even mean? Do you mean a mod expressed a concern? It's not like has been publicly tainted somehow, there is nothing on his profile. On the other hand, a VAC ban is for life 🙂

Edit: nm, Reciever clarified.

For not observing a prior warning about fairly strong 1930s style content he posted (from what I gather).

I used Windows 10 built in memory tester, and zero errors were found. It runs two passes, and takes about 30 minutes to complete. TDP on the Ryzen 7950 is 95c, and while running Indigo I did not see it above 92c. Im hoping its more of bug in a first gen platform.

• Thumb Up 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

34 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

I used Windows 10 built in memory tester, and zero errors were found. It runs two passes, and takes about 30 minutes to complete. TDP on the Ryzen 7950 is 95c, and while running Indigo I did not see it above 92c. Im hoping its more of bug in a first gen platform.

For reference, a full single run of memtest86 consists of something like 13 phases, would run probably north of an hour on  32GB, and would still sometimes miss issues (which is why they default to 4 runs). Might be worth a check overnight for the peace of mind. It's not that the RAM might necessarily faulty, but perhaps the settings are too aggressive.

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

8 hours ago, electrosoft said:

I ordered the Rockitcool kit so it should be here hopefully this week. I need to finish testing and binning a few 12th gens for the NH55 laptop and desktop.

Price went up I see. Basically it is $64.99 now as the "$43.99" one is perpetually out of stock. I just went ahead and splurged on the one with the Copper IHS to play around.

Oh jeez. I did not realize you needed a rockitcool kit. I have a brand new one I could have included with the NH55!

• Haha 2

Clevo X170SM - 10900K, 32GB DDR4-2933 CL17, 4TB WD SN850X, RTX 3080 mobile, 17.3 inch FHD 144hz, System76 open source firmware, Windows 10 Pro 22H2

Clevo X370SNW - 13900HX, 64GB DDR5-5600 CL40, 4TB Samsung 990 Pro, RTX 4090 mobile, 17.3 inch UHD 144hz, System76 open source firmware, Windows 10 Pro 22H2

34 minutes ago, win32asmguy said:

Oh jeez. I did not realize you needed a rockitcool kit. I have a brand new one I could have included with the NH55!

lol, I didn't know if you ordered one or not since it wasn't delidded! 🤣 If you don't need it I'll definitely take it off your hands and cancel my order. I'll send you a PM.

• Thumb Up 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

So friends... I decided to grab a 28" 4k 144hz monitor the other day...

https://www.microcenter.com/product/636259/acer-nitro-xv282k-kvbmiipruzx-28-4k-uhd-(3840-x-2160)-144hz-gaming-monitor?storeid=101

For 379.99 I'm going to say it's a win win. Plus it has built in KVM. Games look way better than they ever did on my AOC 32" and the color is definitely better so far. Entry level HDR400 so nothing fancy there. Base seems sturdy enough and it rotates 90 degrees in either direction. 2.1 HDMI and 1.4 DP. I have to say its way better than I was expecting for the price. Of course I bought a warranty with it because you never know. LOL

• Thumb Up 5
  • Like 1

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

5 minutes ago, johnksss said:

https://www.microcenter.com/product/636259/acer-nitro-xv282k-kvbmiipruzx-28-4k-uhd-(3840-x-2160)-144hz-gaming-monitor?storeid=101

For 379.99 I'm going to say it's a win win. Plus it has built in KVM. Games look way better than they ever did on my AOC 32" and the color is definitely better so far. Entry level HDR400 so nothing fancy there. Base seems sturdy enough and it rotates 90 degrees in either direction. 2.1 HDMI and 1.4 DP. I have to say its way better than I was expecting for the price. Of course I bought a warranty with it because you never know. LOL

Really surprised about that price point for a 4K144hz panel

• Thumb Up 1

9 minutes ago, Reciever said:

Really surprised about that price point for a 4K144hz panel

I didn't believe it so I reserved it and went to the store and sure enough it was there. Amazon has it for 600+

• Thumb Up 1

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

18 minutes ago, johnksss said:

I didn't believe it so I reserved it and went to the store and sure enough it was there. Amazon has it for 600+

Here it cost $730 on the cheapest web store (Acer Store here home it is closer to $850)😉 So you literally paid 1/2 the price vs what I have to pay🙂 

• Thumb Up 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

8 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Here it cost $730 😉 So you literally paid 1/2 the price vs what I have to pay🙂 

Well damn! LOL

2 minutes ago, Reciever said:

Its already sold out at the Dallas location lol

They have plenty in Colorado though.

I seriously might try to grab a second one if they come up again.

• Thumb Up 1

Hwbot Profile

1 hour ago, johnksss said:

Well damn! LOL

They have plenty in Colorado though.

I seriously might try to grab a second one if they come up again.

Yep. I wasn't keen on pay well over $500 for any screens. Got two of these ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitor for 2x $416 for (my son and me last Christmas). He have the 3070 so not the need for 4K and me struggling with my eyes with something like 4K on sub 32" panels. This was probably one of the better deals here home. Prices went up again and now well over $500. And this isn't even the newest screen tech. Its what it is. You got a very good deal bro John 🙂

8 hours ago, Raiderman said:
8 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Holy crap batman....You just described what I go through on a daily basis with this build. Constantly having to do chkdsk on the Windows 10 install.

AMD systems looks fun to deal with... 

image.thumb.png.602fd903f4ad71bfb38b5c713c9c05d4.png

On 3/14/2023 at 6:31 PM, Papusan said:

I just love the way Microsoft do things. But I and you bro @Mr. Foxalready know this. Yet another reason get rid of Windows Defender. One of many. Whats next? Use the GPU for Telemetry and Data harvesting? Oh' nope... They already do that😎

image.thumb.png.e9d496e55dd66177980ddb759c37251c.png

Play safe... Use an old GPU and old graphics driver, LOOL

image.thumb.png.86a6650e342858b774ee2ac6272c6b03.png

• Thumb Up 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Nvidia has a new driver that uses FSR! It automatically upscales 1080P streaming to 4K and leverages the power of your GPU using the Tensor cores! 

If you have Netflix that only streams 1080P, your Ampere or Love Lace GPU will convert it to beautiful quality! Or, if you’re watching a 1080P video on YouTube it will automatically upscale the image to 4K. This is pretty cool technology. 

How do you know it’s working? Well, that’s easy! Just listen out for the coil wine of my EVGA P1300+ PSU 🤣

• Haha 4

13900KF

6 hours ago, Etern4l said:

The benefit will be small and you and I are speaking the same language. 🙂

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

2 hours ago, tps3443 said:

Nvidia has a new driver that uses FSR! It automatically upscales 1080P streaming to 4K and leverages the power of your GPU using the Tensor cores! 

If you have Netflix that only streams 1080P, your Ampere or Love Lace GPU will convert it to beautiful quality! Or, if you’re watching a 1080P video on YouTube it will automatically upscale the image to 4K. This is pretty cool technology. 

How do you know it’s working? Well, that’s easy! Just listen out for the coil wine of my EVGA P1300+ PSU 🤣

Hmmm so EVGA PSUs offer the type cat whining bro @electrosoft like? Looking on video's this way will increase your electricity bill😀 

https://hwbot.org/submission/5231042_papusan_3dmark___cloud_gate_geforce_gtx_980_73277_marks?recalculate=true

2886642.jpg

16 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Now, out of sheer curiosity, I need to boot into Windows 7 with the 3090 KPE on the other computer, confirm it still works.

Yup, sure does. I suspected nothing had changed.

So, I have some additional QDC fittings coming later this week. Once they arrive I will take out the 3090 KPE and install the 6900 XT in the work computer and see if it will boot Windows 7 like both NVIDIA GPUs do.

7cS1Sgk.png

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

6 hours ago, tps3443 said:

Thanks for that bro @tps3443. Obviously, always best to stream at native 4K, but wait, what content is typically provided at a variety of resolutions below 4K? :D

-- Max Tegmark

10 hours ago, johnksss said:

I confirmed that one of my local MC's (Yonkers, NY) allows the warranty upgrade trick. Since NY has four or five MC's, I am going to see if the others allow this. I found out through a buyer of a gaming rig I sold to, that a lot of people do this.

I know at the end of the day, monetary wise everything works out in MC's favor, but it is still a crazy concept to allow. I assume their warranties are a bit more costly than the average consumer electronics warranty. 

• Like 5

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

2 hours ago, Etern4l said:

Thanks for that bro @tps3443. Obviously, always best to stream at native 4K, but wait, what content is typically provided at a variety of resolutions below 4K? 😄

So, Netflix charges extra for 4K. If you have their base 720P streaming plan, your GPU will convert it to 4K FSR free of charge if you’re using Edge or Chrome browser. And some YouTube videos are 1080P only, but also many streaming services too. 

• Thumb Up 3

13900KF

25 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

So, Netflix charges extra for 4K. If you have their base 720P streaming plan, your GPU will convert it to 4K FSR free of charge if you’re using Edge or Chrome browser. And some YouTube videos are 1080P only, but also many streaming services too. 

I don't remember what the extra Netflix charge is, but it's fairly minimal, and clearly any Netflix user with 4K display should just get that, instead of falling back to smart upscaling. As for the main use case for this, I suspect there will be an overlap with the main uses of 3D and VR lol

• Thumb Up 4

-- Max Tegmark