NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

2 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

He's got some mad soldering skills so if he can't do it I bet it can't be done.

Nice shirt brother.

I break it out on special occasions.😁

He was working on a video for soldering pins back on a 5900 AMD CPU. 😲

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 3

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

34 minutes ago, johnksss said:

I haven't did that one yet, I was trying to figure out why I couldn't run the GPU test at first.

Dropped off a project with Alex today...

bG3XORa.jpg

seNiu44.jpg

30 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

He's got some mad soldering skills so if he can't do it I bet it can't be done.

Nice shirt brother.

25 minutes ago, johnksss said:

I break it out on special occasions.😁

He was working on a video for soldering pins back on a 5900 AMD CPU. 😲

Shirt was the first thing I peeped before even noticing it was Alex.... I don't know if that's a good thing. 😂

• Haha 5

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

6 hours ago, tps3443 said:

I don’t think there is an issue with the game. (Although, I read the same stuff with “The Last Of Us”). I am pretty picky with video games and if something is smooth or not. If a game is skipping or has low 1% FPS or dropping GPU usage, I’ll take a deep dive in to researching my own OS, and any other tricks trying to fix it and make a game smooth and constant. Some games are pure junk though, and it is what it is. You could be walking around in game getting 80FPS and then a skip happens and your GPU usage tanks to 30%. So many games can’t hold down a constant GPU usage spitting out a constant frame rate.

Starfield actually runs very very smooth, and doesn’t fall in to that category. I would much prefer a constant lower frame rate due to graphical demand VS. higher fps with skipping, and GPU usage dropping left and right. Even throwing the most powerful CPU/GPU can’t fix a bad game with random dropping GPU usage. 

My 3090 is a (3yr) old GPU, and While I am all ears for a game update and a new Nvidia GeForce driver. I’m still running around Neon city in Starfield with 79 Avg FPS, and 65 FPS 1% lows 4K@Ultra. This is crazy good for a brand new title on a last gen GPU at 4K. We still have not even seen a Starfield post launch GPU driver yet. I’m 36 hours in with no bugs. It’s just a solid running game. 

If I’m getting this performance, then anyone can play at 1080P/1440P using FSR2 or DLSS and maintain similar FPS on even slower/older hardware than what I have.

I think we want too much, and we’re getting too little. Kinda like if you buy a new car. The dealer is offering too little for your car, and their car is too expensive lol. (Yes, that’s often the case 😂) but my point is, we always want more, and what we get is never enough. Maybe we’re all super greedy lol. I’m trying to be half cup full here I suppose. But, this game runs so dang smooth. I know of a laundry list of other titles that could use actual optimization, and you don’t even hear about it including Bethesda’s own Fall out 4 which still has no idea how to use a 13900KS and a 3090. My 1% lows would be around 15FPSin Fallout 4. Crazy right?

The rumor mill is strong with this title Starfield though. I’m not defending this game by any means, but this seems to happen on literally every popular AAA game launch. BF2042/The Last of Us/Starfield. I’m sure I am missing several others.

Unless I’m crazy, and I’m hallucinating, or my expectations are just super low. But I swear the game runs pretty darn good lol. 😂

With my line of work, I get on my agents computers remotely to fix their system and get them back on the phones. 99% of the time when I get on their desktop the CPU usage and ram is like 90-100% on their personal PC. They have this Super slow desktop, old hardware, and a OS that is just packed to the brim with stuff running in the background. It makes me wonder if most gamers systems would be in a similar shape. It’s a theory.

Yes, I experienced the same thing! It’s a good stability test though. I had to reduce my undervolt a little bit to maintain a repeatable stability in Cinebench 2024, so it could run back to back with no locking up. Otherwise it would freeze up, and I could just end it with taskmanager lol.

I thought it was my system memory overclock of 8600 at first. But it looked to be just not enough CPU voltage for me, which was causing the haulting of Cinebench 2024. 

Amazing! I did not see this. This is exactly what I thought as well. Peoples PC’s are not optimized lol. 

People used to hate on Crysis and CoD titles the same way, say they were poorly optimized and what not. They are personal favorites and always played really fine for me. Resource hungry? Sure. But, that's OK. But I always optimize my hardware and operating system. I don't run anything using system defaults. I also never use cheap low- or mid-range PC hardware. Maybe if I did things would suck more for me than they do.

• Thumb Up 3

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I also never use cheap low- or mid-range PC hardware.

this. I get 30fps because I chose to get a 3060 midrange laptop, I knew what I was getting into before I bought it. Im not going to buy an electric vehicle then compain I dont have a 1000km range whilst driving from vancouver to toronto. like I think if your going to talk about something you should not do like the old saying judging a book by its cover. Its a good game, is it game of the year? heck no. but that is true of all games except for the game of the year game.

Gets old when certain members just chime in to argue using their opinion as a fact, and the logic of, I thought of this therefore it must be fact. Not everyone will like this game, and it's a miracle I like it, as I don't play rpgs.  more into crysis esque games. but im not going to comment on a game I haven't given any time to.

I see this time and time again, user posts an opinion and someone else has a contrary opinion its like they treated it as an attack on their character, and respond by personal insults the same way a 5 year old child would.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

11 minutes ago, ryan said:

I see this time and time again, user posts an opinion and someone else has a contrary opinion its like they treated it as an attack on their character, and respond by personal insults the same way a 5 year old child would.

While I can see this argument in a favorable light, considering your history, makes it quite difficult.

Certain facts hold more weight with individuals than others, just like opinions and anything else that can be valued. Its the exchange of those ideas and opinions that enlarge perspective and the scope of reference for further consideration when the time calls for it. 

If someone is personally insulting you or anyone on this forum, there is a report function and just as I have in every event, will evaluate whats happening before taking action. If this is in regards to Reddit and/or Youtube Comments, well...

Good Luck! 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, ryan said:

this. I get 30fps because I chose to get a 3060 midrange laptop, I knew what I was getting into before I bought it. Im not going to buy an electric vehicle then compain I dont have a 1000km range whilst driving from vancouver to toronto. like I think if your going to talk about something you should not do like the old saying judging a book by its cover. Its a good game, is it game of the year? heck no. but that is true of all games except for the game of the year game.

Gets old when certain members just chime in to argue using their opinion as a fact, and the logic of, I thought of this therefore it must be fact. Not everyone will like this game, and it's a miracle I like it, as I don't play rpgs.  more into crysis esque games. but im not going to comment on a game I haven't given any time to.

When I find someone's argument has lost logical cohesion and/or it is getting personal, I just stop responding and move on. Many times I have something to say but I choose not to and reserve my brain pan for better pursuits. It's ok to not engage. It is also ok to not need to have the last word. I still consider them my "net friend" and no hard feelings. It is just that the current thread is headed in the wrong/non productive direction. I've adopted this approach for well over two decades now across all platforms and have recently double (or tripled) down on this the last few years and it has worked wonders and made social media so much more fun to use.

3 hours ago, Reciever said:

If someone is personally insulting you or anyone on this forum, there is a report function and just as I have in every event, will evaluate whats happening before taking action. If this is in regards to Reddit and/or Youtube Comments, well...

Good Luck! 

Notebooktalk is like the kiddie pool compared to the vitriol and rancor that is Reddit and Youtube comments! 🤣

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 4

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

Asus Matrix 4090 unboxing preview.... (no benchmarks). Definitely visually pleasing but I want to know how it performs.

• Thumb Up 3

Me sitting outside Africa’s coast and ordered a new “old card” for my hobby. On the used market home 5000km from down here(now sold to me). Internet is an beautiful thing. Yep, I’m sure bro @electrosoftjust sit waiting for new pics of my all black crocs, HeHe🙂 Around 85$. Or same price as for 100 of my cigars (+20 every day will in the end kill me - but I have now bought a new kit electric cigar to try reduce my addiction for good cigars). Asus bro @Mr. Fox😳 My old Giga 1070 G1 couldn’t keep up with my hobby. So dead. Hope this one lasts longer, HaHa

Asus Rog 1070 Strix OC. 10% of new price. Yep, old has it’s advantage. I’m happy with old things. Don’t need be the newest and shiny. And you can still game with it bro @ryan And I still have my 4090 Hof, so..,

An ok’ish choice when my middle son/daughter visits me. A 1080Ti would of course be better but those are still expensive in the used market. I don’t like spending too much. My two 980Ti or 980s could of course works but why not? I’m an collector so I probably have 20 cards in the shelves now. Next purchase will probably be a new used system(Z370 or newer). Intel of course. I wish I could find an Clevo(Multicom) X170 at a cheap price here home. Still looking.

It’s mine now 🙂 https://www.finn.no/bap/forsale/ad.html?finnkode=318701131

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

15 hours ago, ryan said:

Nobody likes to be told their baby is ugly. Unfortunately, the internet emboldens the inner butthole in a lot of people that might otherwise be a fairly pleasant individual. A normal person doesn't engage in a debate and become confrontational when they have no relevant knowledge or experience on the subject matter, but they might if it's a drama for display on the internet. That is especially true about topics that have no meaningful life impact or value in the grand scheme of things. It would be more useful if they burned their calories on something that actually mattered.

11 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Asus Matrix 4090 unboxing preview.... (no benchmarks). Definitely visually pleasing but I want to know how it performs.

I watched that video soon after it released yesterday. It is pretty interesting sure. As far as AIOs go, it looks pretty awesome. Nice fat radiator and overall design is unique. I have no doubt it will be absurdly expensive and expect that no amount of performance will be enough to justify the price tag. 

5 hours ago, Papusan said:

Me sitting outside Africa’s coast and ordered a new “old card” for my hobby. On the used market home 5000km from down here(now sold to me). Internet is an beautiful thing. Yep, I’m sure bro @electrosoftjust sit waiting for new pics of my all black crocs,HeHe🙂 Around 85$. Or same price as for 100 of my cigars (+20 every day will in the end kill me - but I have now bought a new kit electric cigar to try reduce my addiction for good cigars). Asus bro @Mr. Fox😳 My old Giga 1070 G1 couldn’t keep up with my hobby. So dead. Hope this one lasts longer, HaHa

Asus Rog 1070 Strix OC. 10% of new price. Yep, old has it’s advantage. I’m happy with old things. Don’t need be the newest and shiny. And you can still game with it bro @ryan

An ok’ish choice when my middle son/daughter visits me. A 1080Ti would of course be better but those are still expensive in the used market. I don’t like spending too much. My two 980Ti or 980s could of course works but why not? I’m an collector so I probably have 20 cards in the shelves now. Next purchase will probably be a new used system(Z370 or newer). Intel of course. I wish I could find an Clevo(Multicom) X170 at a cheap price here home. Still looking.

https://www.finn.no/bap/forsale/ad.html?finnkode=318701131

I am glad you are having a good time and enjoying the weather.  Good that you have the reservation and included a guarantee on the AC being available next year. It's too bad that you and your family cannot move to a better place for your health. I know it is hard enough moving to a new location, but when it involves family members it becomes far more difficult.

When the wife and I made the move from the beautiful Pacific Northwest to the desolate Arizona blast furnace to be close to our daughter and first batch of grandkids, that had potential to have an unpleasant outcome with our four adult sons (all were still single at the time) and their future families being scattered abroad. It took a few years, but somehow we all managed to end up in the same metropolitan area. No more costly "vacations" to see kids and grandkids is awesome. Being able to be part of their daily lives and a positive influence in their development, rather than making a couple of token cameo appearances annually, is quite a blessing.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

@Mr. FoxDidnt you say you use a custom win 10 iso? If so could you link it to me please?

• Thumb Up 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

2 hours ago, Raiderman said:

@Mr. FoxDidnt you say you use a custom win 10 iso? If so could you link it to me please?

Yes, a couple of different ones, in fact. I am testing something that may be relevant in terms of the better option to share. I will send you a PM and link after I confirm my recommendation. I will share the results of that testing here in the thread if it is worth sharing. I think it will be.

26 minutes ago, Reciever said:

Is there a reputable place to purchase Win10 LTSC anymore? Or is that mostly a thing of the past?

I purchased it on eBay. One thing to keep in mind deciding between LTSC 2019 versus 2021 is while the GUI is better on 2019, overall performance of 2021 has been better for me for both CPU and GPU, but especially graphics performance.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

On 9/4/2023 at 7:28 AM, jaybee83 said:

noice! welcome to the 8k club! how stable is it? what mobo are you running? and what sticks?

damn thats a very nice write up, thanks for that 🙂 ill check and see if lowering VDDP will help, fingers crossed!

whats the max bootable frequency u were able to do on AM5? irrespective of stability, just bootable.

Max boot to bios.....lose vga higher......here i've lost sata so can't boot to windows......

IMG_20230802_102922888.jpg

8800 without multi's......

May be an image of text

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Yes, a couple of different ones, in fact. I am testing something that may be relevant in terms of the better option to share. I will send you a PM and link after I confirm my recommendation. I will share the results of that testing here in the thread if it is worth sharing. I think it will be.

I purchased it on eBay. One thing to keep in mind deciding between LTSC 2019 versus 2021 is while the GUI is better on 2019, overall performance of 2021 has been better for me for both CPU and GPU, but especially graphics performance.

Really? Heh heh, I may need to go try that out then. I'm still on LTSC 2019.

I just had my first issue with my new AMD GPU (yayy, now I'm part of the club 🤣). Apaprently their drivers have problems with VR (which I did not know), and I develop VR games for my main job. My desktop would lock up, blackscreen, then shut off. This seems to be fixed with the latest driver release, so the driver version I have now is a keeper. This reminds me of how certain Nvidia driver versions would screw up my minecraft shaders. I'll just chock it up to a bad driver release as those things happen. My 6950 XT works incredibly well in everything else!

I also tried to take Starfield for a spin this evening as well since it came with my graphics card. I can't even launch the game as it gives me a message saying I don't meet the system requirements. Yeah right, I far exceed the minimum requirements. It seems to me that some weirdo check is going on behind the scenes, and the software engineer in me had some ideas of how to bypass this.

At first, I tried adding an entry to the DefaultGlobalGraphicsSettings.json file to force a default case where the GPU model wasn't found. That didn't work, so I tried some launch arguments that got the game running for linux users with this issue. No dice. I then came across a post where someone discovered there was a GPU check and potentially an OS version check being performed by the DX12 dll. Well crap. I usually deal with writing source code, but I may try tamering with that file later to see if I can locate where that check is executing, and then remove the calls to it. If I'm not successful, I sincerely hope someone much more experienced at modifying binaries and dynamic linked libraries will be able to create a mod that bypasses this stupidity as I do not want to have to run the latest version of windows to play this game. I don't know of any other game that does this other than Battlefield 2042.

In any case, no software should ever deny running on a system even if the specs are below minimum. That is malicious behavior. It should just run and the individual executing the program should be able to determine if the performance is good enough for them or not. No publisher has any business in determining what software users can run on what system or operating system, unless it's genuine technical limitation, which in this case it's not. The limitation is purely artificial. I can definitely see publishers abusing that to force hardware upgrades on people who aren't tech savvy, which is wrong.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2

AlienyHackbook: Alienware M17X R5 | i7-4930MX | GTX 1060 | 32GB DDR3L Kingston HyperX @ 2133 MHz CL 12 | MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 | Windows 10 LTSC | Hackintoshes Rule!

Desktop Killer: Clevo X170SM-G | i9-10900K | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix @ 3200 MHz CL 16 | Windows 10 LTSC | Slayer Of Desktops

Sagattarius A: Custom Built Desktop | i9-10900K | RX 6950 XT | 32GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws @ 4000 MHz CL 15 | Windows 10 LTSC | Ultimate Performance Desktop With Cryo Cooling!

OK, so after testing multiple (five in total) stock and modded versions of Windows 10 and Windows 11, the winners are:

Overall (Combination CPU and GPU):

The worst CPU performance was the latest version of Windows 11 (22H2) fully and indiscriminately updated with all available Redmond Reprobate cancer filth installed. GPU performance is still good, but the CPU performance is really lousy.

The worst GPU performance was Windows 10 21H1, which also had the best CPU performance by a tiny margin, but GPU performance was bad enough that overall 3DMark Time Spy scores were consistently the lowest of all five of the other OS versions.

When I have time to create them I will post some Excel graphs.

In chronological release date order, tested OSes were:

• Windows 10 20H2 (Defender removed, otherwise stock with no updates, just tuned)
  • Windows 10 21H1 (Defender removed, otherwise stock with no updates, just tuned)
  • Windows 10 22H2 - AtlasOS (fully updated, tuned further - Defender removed)
  • Windows 11 21H2.2003 LitePlus - Oprekin.com (no updates, tuned further - Defender removed)
  • Windows 11 22H2 (no mods, fully updated and tuned - Defender still functional)

4 hours ago, Clamibot said:

I do not want to have to run the latest version of windows to play this game. I don't know of any other game that does this other than Battlefield 2042.

Unfortunately, most of the garbage from Micro$lop Studios does that now. Even if it works on the current version of Windows when you install it, some will stop working until you update to the latest Windows version filth and tell you that you need to upgrade/update to the latest version of the OS to continue playing the game. No, I'm not kidding. I refuse to purchase trash from these losers any more because of their control freak ways. Gears of War 4 was the last title I purchased for that very reason. It also required that you use the XBOX for Windows App. What is super-stupid about it is that Gears of War 5 was released on Steam and runs fine on Windows 7.

@Raiderman @Clamibot

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 3

First AMD processors crashing in the game. Now time for bugs with AMD graphics. Do we see the stars with the newest Nvidia graphics cards as 4000 series? And do we even need see all the stars?🤐

Be sure you have a spare older Nvidia graphics card if you want to experience the whole game, LOOL

Newest is always better @ryan😂

The user also reported that he was able to resolve the issue by simply swapping in his AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT GPU with an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti. It should be remembered that Bethesda and AMD partnered together to optimize the experience for Ryzen and Radeon GPU owners. 

https://wccftech.com/starfield-is-seemingly-missing-entire-stars-when-running-on-amd-radeon-gpus/

And maybe 3rd time have it’s sharm… Nice seeing people have the time for this. Me… No time for this. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Sad 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

6 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

OK, so after testing multiple (five in total) stock and modded versions of Windows 10 and Windows 11, the winners are:

Overall (Combination CPU and GPU):

The worst CPU performance was the latest version of Windows 11 (22H2) fully and indiscriminately updated with all available Redmond Reprobate cancer filth installed. GPU performance is still good, but the CPU performance is really lousy.

The worst GPU performance was Windows 10 21H1, which also had the best CPU performance by a tiny margin, but GPU performance was bad enough that overall 3DMark Time Spy scores were consistently the lowest of all five of the other OS versions.

6 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

When I have time to create them I will post some Excel graphs.

In chronological release date order, tested OSes were:

• Windows 10 20H2 (Defender removed, otherwise stock with no updates, just tuned)
  • Windows 10 21H1 (Defender removed, otherwise stock with no updates, just tuned)
  • Windows 10 22H2 - AtlasOS (fully updated, tuned further - Defender removed)
  • Windows 11 21H2.2003 LitePlus - Oprekin.com (no updates, tuned further - Defender removed)
  • Windows 11 22H2 (no mods, fully updated and tuned - Defender still functional)

Here is the data...

uUPhC1o.png

HFQxvie.png
sCa9iUB.png
hbfoSVt.png

Screenshots...

Spoiler

z9bQOgO.jpg
JJ8OJrt.jpg
NxhGD7G.jpg
69YuKv6.jpg
70POj9f.jpg
YMlJfe4.jpg
qBf3TNz.jpg
meWprmz.jpg
bIm8DDT.jpg
1ACMZjN.jpg
BV59WyG.jpg
aRLc5Zc.jpg
qBmfoKb.jpg
IknvAtw.jpg
LulTmVr.jpg

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 3

I figured something out that applies to 4K. The DPI override never made any difference on 1080p or 1440p to my eyes. But, 4K scaling still leaves something to be desired with text rendering not being nice, even with ClearType optimized. Fonts still look fuzzy. Right-clicking an .exe file (any .exe file you want) and choosing the override option greatly enhances the quality of text rendered by an application.

In the image below, the CPU-Z on the left is with the tweak applied. The one on the right (that is much uglier) is default Windows DPI. No brainer. I have been applying this tweak to essentially every executable. The before/after is remarkable. I don't know why this is not a default configuration option for Windows 10 and Windows 11. It should be.

MyFmlLz.jpg

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

A lot needs to be fixed with Starfield so I expect Intel will be on their own. 

Sadly, there's no real way at this time to prevent traversal stuttering in Starfield. Even on the low-quality preset, the game suffers from SSD-bound traversal stuttering issues. Hopefully, Bethesda will discover this problem and figure out how to optimize the game better for SSDs.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/badly-optimized-ssd-usage-starfield-traversial-stutter

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

16 hours ago, chew said:

Max boot to bios.....lose vga higher......here i've lost sata so can't boot to windows......

IMG_20230802_102922888.jpg

8800 without multi's......

May be an image of text

welll now ure just showing off...especially with those fancy pink sandals 😁

but jokes aside, dayum. u got some serious lucky mobo / imc / dimm combo right there!

• Thumb Up 3
  • Haha 2
  • Bump 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Starfield seems to absolutely love dual ranked ram. I am seeing about 10fps higher than my single rank ram that is running at higher speed. 

Microcenter had some of the 2x32gb stuff in stock and open box for $153 this morning, insane deal. I reserved some and ran over and unfortunately when I arrived and checked the package, it was M-Die. They had more open box kits in the back for the same price so I decided to go check those. Sure enough they had some A-Die kits for $153. I grabbed them and swapped them into my Dark Z690 with my crappy 13900K (crap IMC). 

Running 7400 CL34 dual ranked 64gb for $153. The package had 3x returned stickers all over it, and even a RTV (return to vendor) and RRTV (tested by GSkill and Refused Return To Vendor). They looked sus lol. Sure enough they are rockstars like my other kit I got earlier this year for $270?. 

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-14th-gen-core-i9-14900k-i7-14700k-and-i5-14600k-reportedly-launches-october-17th

Hoping the IMC is god like. Apparently Asus has stopped production of OG Z790 Apex and a refresh is coming with even higher memory tuning. I saw a product listing for the new Gigabyte boards claiming 8800+ memory OCs. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

1 hour ago, Talon said:

Starfield seems to absolutely love dual ranked ram. I am seeing about 10fps higher than my single rank ram that is running at higher speed. 

Microcenter had some of the 2x32gb stuff in stock and open box for $153 this morning, insane deal. I reserved some and ran over and unfortunately when I arrived and checked the package, it was M-Die. They had more open box kits in the back for the same price so I decided to go check those. Sure enough they had some A-Die kits for $153. I grabbed them and swapped them into my Dark Z690 with my crappy 13900K (crap IMC). 

Running 7400 CL34 dual ranked 64gb for $153. The package had 3x returned stickers all over it, and even a RTV (return to vendor) and RRTV (tested by GSkill and Refused Return To Vendor). They looked sus lol. Sure enough they are rockstars like my other kit I got earlier this year for $270?. 

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-14th-gen-core-i9-14900k-i7-14700k-and-i5-14600k-reportedly-launches-october-17th

Hoping the IMC is god like. Apparently Asus has stopped production of OG Z790 Apex and a refresh is coming with even higher memory tuning. I saw a product listing for the new Gigabyte boards claiming 8800+ memory OCs. 

This would make sense as Fallout 76 with the Creation Engine absolutely loves dual ranked ram too. Just switching sticks from M-die single rank 2x16GB to A-die 2x32GB resulted in a ~13% increase in performance both at 6000 on the 7800X3D with similar timings. I then tightened up the A-die's even more for a ~15% increase overall.

Which sticks did you get exactly from g.skill?

If Asus progresses like they did from the Z690 Apex to the Z790 Apex with their memory, the Z790M Apex should be a monster and what Intel couldn't do in overall frequency bumps they poured into a much better IMC with 14th gen.

• Like 2

Jufes doing fully tuned, 13900ks vs 7800X3D with tuned memory and OC'd 4090 vs 7900xtx swapping them between platforms to boot.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, electrosoft said:

This would make sense as Fallout 76 with the Creation Engine absolutely loves dual ranked ram too. Just switching sticks from M-die single rank 2x16GB to A-die 2x32GB resulted in a ~13% increase in performance both at 6000 on the 7800X3D with similar timings. I then tightened up the A-die's even more for a ~15% increase overall.

Which sticks did you get exactly from g.skill?

If Asus progresses like they did from the Z690 Apex to the Z790 Apex with their memory, the Z790M Apex should be a monster and what Intel couldn't do in overall frequency bumps they poured into a much better IMC with 14th gen.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/651260/gskill-trident-z5-rgb-series-64gb-(2-x-32gb)-ddr5-6000-pc5-48000-cl30-dual-channel-desktop-memory-kit-f5-6000j3040g32gx2-tz5rk-black

This kit as long as 820A (a-dies) are excellent overclockers. 

They’ve also got the 6400 CL34 kit for same $219 new sale price. Had I aimed for new instead of the $153 open box deal, I would have tried them. But I have a feeling these will OC the exact same as the 6000 CL30 kit. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6