NotebookTalk

What was the last movie you saw?

serpro69

16 hours ago, KING19 said:

Finally seen The Matrix Resurrections on HBO and it was bad as i thought. It started out decent but then it went downhill after that. The whole story made no sense whatsoever and its a insult to the trilogy and especially to the first matrix as they tried to rehash certain moments from it.

Yeah the IMDB user reviews say it all really, which is amazing since I'm pretty sure they manipulate the overall rating number most of the time for ad/marketing revenue reasons; when you dig into the user reviews over there a lot of reviewers ask how such and such movie got such a high overall number review rating. Pretty sure it's like scamazon et al reviews, a whole contingent of AI bots and paid real people to juice user reviews along with the website itself cooperating with advert and etc revenue in mind.

I'm so not interested I wasn't even aware this thing was released but I wasn't that into the whole matrix thing.

• Thumb Up 1

The new Top Gun movie. Was a pretty good action flick.

• Thumb Up 3
Apple M2 MBA 13 (Cayna) - 8/10 SoC, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Dell Inspiron 7577 (Mayu) - i7-7700HQ, GTX 1060MQ, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB NVMe + 1TB HDD, 1080p, Win10 Home
DIY Desktop (Altair) - i7-8700K, Radeon 6600 8GB, 32GB DDR4-3200, 256GB NVMe + 256GB SSD + 8TB HDD, 1080p x3, Win11 Home
DIY Server (Mobius) - i5-6600K, 32GB DDR4, 28TB array, Samsung EVO 860 500GB cache, unRAID 6.11.5 Pro
Other machines: Lenovo Thinkpad W520 (Strigon), Thinkpad X61t (Aquila)
RIP NBR

On 6/5/2022 at 12:28 AM, Reciever said:

I read some theories thats by design as the producers were going to make one with or without the original directors

It shouldnt been made in the first place because the trilogy ended almost 20 years ago but then again money trumps all i guess. Also the main actors who played Morpheus (Lawrence Fishbrune) and Agent Smith (Hugo Weaver) didnt want to be part of it.

On 6/5/2022 at 2:50 PM, Hertzian56 said:

Yeah the IMDB user reviews say it all really, which is amazing since I'm pretty sure they manipulate the overall rating number most of the time for ad/marketing revenue reasons; when you dig into the user reviews over there a lot of reviewers ask how such and such movie got such a high overall number review rating. Pretty sure it's like scamazon et al reviews, a whole contingent of AI bots and paid real people to juice user reviews along with the website itself cooperating with advert and etc revenue in mind.

I'm so not interested I wasn't even aware this thing was released but I wasn't that into the whole matrix thing.

Yeah it currently has a 5.7 on IMDB atm and i think i know the reason why and its a big spoiler.

Anyways the first movie is the best of the trilogy, the second one had a lot of action/fighting scenes and the third one was kinda boring but it closed the trilogy the right way because it ended the war and Neo fulfilled his destiny.

• Thumb Up 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

17 minutes ago, KING19 said:

It shouldnt been made in the first place because the trilogy ended almost 20 years ago but then again money trumps all i guess. Also the main actors who played Morpheus (Lawrence Fishbrune) and Agent Smith (Hugo Weaver) didnt want to be part of it.

Yeah it currently has a 5.7 on IMDB atm and i think i know the reason why and its a big spoiler.

Anyways the first movie is the best of the trilogy, the second one had a lot of action/fighting scenes and the third one was kinda boring but it closed the trilogy the right way because it ended the war and Neo fulfilled his destiny.

Last I heard it wasnt that they didnt want to be a part of it, Fishburne was never contacted to begin with and Weaving was already booked.

Man in the Wilderness, 1971 which is also based on the original story that the Revenant is, it's a better story with a better ending than the Revenant imo Strange that neither anywhere in IMDB is this version of the same source material mentioned nor did the Revenant cast/producers ever mention it. 

you guys need to see this....just watch it or do not your choice.

I cannot believe they put this kinda effort into creating avatar

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Well when you have almost unlimited money to do all this may as well do it big. It's probably a few weeks or more of work compressed into a clip. What wasn't explained was how the actors see the videogame they are a part of, the mic is by their mouth so I'm thinking they may have AR contact lenses which the rough graphics world is projected to for them to act off of and with, which has MANY uses in the "real world" we see on TV by the way.

I looked on IMDB and looks like several Avatar movies will be dumped on us next few years, not sure if they feature the pretty much dead 3d aspect though. About 10 years ago I was in negotiations to work on a new 3d camera system Cameron had in development but it came to nothing. I watched the original in a 3d theater and it was amazing, when I watched it later in regular 2d it was a pretty bland forgettable movie to me more occultism among way too much out there already.

• Thumb Up 1

I am in the middle of rewatching The Postman. 1997 Kevin Costner film. 

I say in the middle because it's one of his famous long movies. 

I know it got bad reviews but when I was younger I remember liking the movie. I also liked Waterworld and Dances with Wolves.

Now that I'm rewatching it I'm just thinking Ol' Kev here had a time machine! :classic_unsure:

103.jpg.c174793721372cba16f65197fbab5f56.jpg

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

RainBird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx860m win10LTSC

I saw three movies recently

1) jurrassic domination

2) dr. strange

3) Top gun maverick

I saw top gun first and it was honestly shocking...too good to be true....really boring in the beginning but everything fit in nicely and had its purpose. It was one of the best movies I have ever seen as far as polish goes.

dr strange was so dumb I actually took a snooze in the theatres for 10 min was fighting to keep my eyes open

JP was so bad I feel like starting a rant..but i wont lol

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Yeah I usually avoid super hero type movies never been into them much and when I catch one while traveling on the hotel movie channels they are always so cringey. I thought the Nolan Batman movies were pretty good and the old Reeve Superman ones but that's pretty much it.

• Thumb Up 1

its not that i dont like super hero movies ect...i love xmen and spiderman and some batman but dr strange is flippin retarded.

dont worry its not a spoiler....dont watch the movie...even if you had 1 billion bucks you could not buy the 2 hours of life lost back..i on the other hand gave you two hours by saying dont watch..

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

5 minutes ago, ryan said:

its not that i dont like super hero movies ect...i love xmen and spiderman and some batman but dr strange is flippin retarded...the girl kills everyone then dies... im supposed to feel sorry for her

dont worry its not a spoiler....dont watch the movie...even if you had 1 billion bucks you could not buy the 2 hours of life lost back..i on the other hand gave you two hours by saying dont watch..

I plan to watch doctor strange when the opportunity presents itself. 

Please stop skirting the rules 

Thanks for the spoiler I guess, but she does similar extreme things in the comics and essentially ends mutants for quite some time. 

oh ok sorry @Reciever

wheels spinning..

Its nothing like the comics, it really is bad....but each to their own I guess. 

I removed the spoiler

Edited by Reciever
Not the correct venue for that discussion

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

had no idea there was some rule here about spoilers, usually it's just a courtesy or they have the way to hide them. I didn't plan on catching those other than top gun when I get around to it, not sure if it's streaming yet. It's amazing how Cruise has aged when compared to his love interest in the first one, they didn't even bother to ask her to return and meg is way too pulled back for it lol They should have made a sequel way back when. I'm skeptical of how good it is though, imdb reviews way too many 10s to be real ones.

I think I saw maybe up to the second JP movie, amazing how it's been since the early 90's and they still make more of those but then again terminators/aliens etc just keep coming lol

26 minutes ago, Hertzian56 said:

I'm skeptical of how good it is though, imdb reviews way too many 10s to be real ones.

Those 10's are real. It is the best movie out in a number of years!

(But then again I hate that hollywood multiverse crud so maybe I'm wrong)

I also didn't know about spoilers rule....I have to go back and reread them.

• Thumb Up 1

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

RainBird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx860m win10LTSC

6 hours ago, Hertzian56 said:

had no idea there was some rule here about spoilers, usually it's just a courtesy or they have the way to hide them. I didn't plan on catching those other than top gun when I get around to it, not sure if it's streaming yet. It's amazing how Cruise has aged when compared to his love interest in the first one, they didn't even bother to ask her to return and meg is way too pulled back for it lol They should have made a sequel way back when. I'm skeptical of how good it is though, imdb reviews way too many 10s to be real ones.

I think I saw maybe up to the second JP movie, amazing how it's been since the early 90's and they still make more of those but then again terminators/aliens etc just keep coming lol

No rule on spoilers, thats just a courtesy but even then if there is spoilers forums since forever ago have had spoiler tags.

The issue at hand was using acronyms or asterisks to skirt language limitations imposed on the forum.

I think part of the reason why it did so well is due to Cruise's determination to entertain, and he felt along with the willing souls in the jets and staff he could bring a new view to a movie revolving around planes without the use of CGI where it wasnt needed. The other side of things is the supply on that franchise has been 0 since the first one as well as holding the release until theatres were re-opened.

Havent seen the movie yet but I look forward to it hopefully some time this year 🙂 

• Thumb Up 1

me and my lady started watching the Fantastic Beasts trilogy today. i had seen the first part previously already, but its been ages. and dont remember watching the second one, so might as well just start off fresh, amirite? (she hasnt seen any, so made sense 😛 )

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!