Jump to content
NotebookTalk

Which Thermal Paste to buy and apply (Traditional and Liquid Metal)


Vasudev
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just replaced thermal paste for carbonaut on 15R2 after replacement battery was dead again. Although temps didn't change much the uneven core temps are gone. On GPU carbonaut didn't make a difference due to large surface area

  • Thumb Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vasudev said:

Just replaced thermal paste for carbonaut on 15R2 after replacement battery was dead again. Although temps didn't change much the uneven core temps are gone. On GPU carbonaut didn't make a difference due to large surface area

thats impressive, id actually expect the opposite = thermal paste more even core temps, since the carbonaut pad is so super thin...

Mine: Clevo P751DM "The Dark Knight" (2015)
Sharp LQ156D1JW04 UHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @63 Hz / Intel 9900K @ 4.2 - 5.2 Ghz / Nvidia 980M 8 GB GDDR5 / G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3800 / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / 2 x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Intel AX200 ax+BT / Win 10 LTSC 2019 x64 / 330 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel 12600 @ 4.4 - 4.8 Ghz / Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6 / G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3800 / Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB / Intel AX201 ax+BT / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

thats impressive, id actually expect the opposite = thermal paste more even core temps, since the carbonaut pad is so super thin...

Looks like I ran out of reaction quota for today. Even I'm dumbfounded. Usually at idle the uneven temps are absent with paste and on max load there were 5-6C core difference on some cores with paste and with carbon cloth uneven is almost NIL and at max with single thread the core difference was 1-2C.

 

Anyway, here are the images if anyone is interested in the shape of the cloth I used and want to try it. My heatsink was lapped previously and some more lapping would cause improper fit due to low pressure BGA heatsink.

PXL_20220515_073935985-min.thumb.jpg.88b8b823ef86bc782b64460cb5010300.jpgPXL_20220515_074051643.MP-min.thumb.jpg.6106e96c145bc5be95c8a040571a9928.jpgPXL_20220515_074545163-min.thumb.jpg.6220a8a4477a50522c5c213e7a443854.jpg

Edited by Vasudev
typo
  • Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Vasudev said:

Looks like I ran out of reaction quota for today. Even I'm dumbfounded. Usually at idle the uneven temps are absent with paste and on max load there were 5-6C core difference on some cores with paste and with carbon cloth uneven is almost NIL and at max with single thread the core difference was 1-2C.

 

Anyway, here are the images if anyone is interested in the shape of the cloth I used and want to try it. My heatsink was lapped previously and some more lapping would cause improper fit due to low pressure BGA heatsink.

PXL_20220515_073935985-min.thumb.jpg.88b8b823ef86bc782b64460cb5010300.jpgPXL_20220515_074051643.MP-min.thumb.jpg.6106e96c145bc5be95c8a040571a9928.jpgPXL_20220515_074545163-min.thumb.jpg.6220a8a4477a50522c5c213e7a443854.jpg

Be careful with the pad placement on the GPU die!!!

Make sure the pad covers the very edge of the die, if not, your memory controller will cook itself to death until you start getting unfixable artifacting/memory errors!

  • Thumb Up 3

Clevo P870DM-G: Core i7 8700k @ 4.0ghz | MSI GTX 1070 | 16gb DDR4 2133mhz | Innolux 120hz Display | 2x 256gb Samsung 850 EVO's in RAID 0 | 1tb Samsung 870 QVO | 2tb Seagate 5400rpm HDD

Alienware 17 R1: Core i7 4710mq @ 3.619ghz 741 CBR15 (834 CBR15 @ 4.213ghz) | Dell GTX 860m | 16gb HyperX DDR3L @ 2133mhz | 3D 120hz Display | 256gb mSATA SSD

Asus Zephyrus G14: Ryzen 7 4800hs @ 4.2ghz | GTX 1650 | 8gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 60hz Free-sync Display | 512gb NVME SSD

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Vasudev said:

Looks like I ran out of reaction quota for today. Even I'm dumbfounded. Usually at idle the uneven temps are absent with paste and on max load there were 5-6C core difference on some cores with paste and with carbon cloth uneven is almost NIL and at max with single thread the core difference was 1-2C.

 

Anyway, here are the images if anyone is interested in the shape of the cloth I used and want to try it. My heatsink was lapped previously and some more lapping would cause improper fit due to low pressure BGA heatsink.

PXL_20220515_073935985-min.thumb.jpg.88b8b823ef86bc782b64460cb5010300.jpgPXL_20220515_074051643.MP-min.thumb.jpg.6106e96c145bc5be95c8a040571a9928.jpgPXL_20220515_074545163-min.thumb.jpg.6220a8a4477a50522c5c213e7a443854.jpg

 

If thats the Carbon nanotube sheet (Sorry i had to) then on the GPU cover them little resistors with conformal coating as that stuff is electronically conductive. Also my OCD is triggering with that heatsink copper plate too makes me want to get my braso out and 99% isopropyl alcohol.

 

Edit: Crap OCD triggered if i am not back in 24 hours it means i am looking for a new mainboard for my laptop again!

Edited by solidus1983
OCD Triggered, possible death of laptop!
  • Thumb Up 2

{Main Laptop:} PCS Recoil 17.3" (Clevo X170KM-G)

Spoiler

{CPU:} Intel i5 11400

{RAM:} 2x 16GB DDR4 2933MT/s

{GPU:} Nvidia RTX 3070 Mobile
{Screen:} BOE NE173QHM-NY2 165hz 1440p

{Storage:} 2x M.2 SATA 1TB and 2TB Respectively
1x NVME M.2 WD SN750 Black.

{OS:} Windows 11 Pro

Benchmarks:

{TimeSpy}: Normal Extreme  {Firestrike}: Normal Extreme {Port Royle}Result

Realtek Nahimic 3 Modded Driver for MSI Systems: Latest
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Tenoroon said:

Be careful with the pad placement on the GPU die!!!

Make sure the pad covers the very edge of the die, if not, your memory controller will cook itself to death until you start getting unfixable artifacting/memory errors!

The reason I didn't cover the whole die area was the dGPU die were quite sharp and cloth got chipped on some sides and after adjusting the length it was irregular shaped square instead of perfect square of 18mm.

16 hours ago, solidus1983 said:

 

If thats the Carbon nanotube sheet (Sorry i had to) then on the GPU cover them little resistors with conformal coating as that stuff is electronically conductive. Also my OCD is triggering with that heatsink copper plate too makes me want to get my braso out and 99% isopropyl alcohol.

 

Edit: Crap OCD triggered if i am not back in 24 hours it means i am looking for a new mainboard for my laptop again!

Anyway I will have to open it up once I receive the replacement battery. HSF copper put me off too. I cleaned with fresh isopropyl alchol multiple times and few mins after drying it forms that ugly pattern.

Maybe I'll tape the sides once I open it up.

I'm benching it for testing and so far temps are great and I'm able to hit 45W in AIDA64 SST on CPU and >75W on GPU which never happened in 6 years I owned it. Without undervolt CPU temps spiked to 91C on 2 cores while rest were 86-87C pulling around 52W. The only thing missing is battery and that could explain better temps on CPU and GPU. Maybe battery is limiting performance. Gaming temps for 10 mins were under 60C on CPU and GPU.stabilitytest2.thumb.png.e89df83d4262875ec783af46cbf7c8bf.pnggpuz2.png.38fc75eb9c39e73b60574ea06b8edb5f.pnggpuz1.png.6d3b8e62dfbea819f8a9e7f5c70078e3.pngstabilitytest.thumb.png.35cbd05b1d1c751f2815bb971737144f.png

  • Thumb Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Vasudev Like i already said and hinted! Use Brasso it will get rid of them nasty spots then clean with isopropyl alcohol, it is how i do my heatsinks.

 

Basically i apply brazo to a kitchen towel then rub it till the towel is black, i then wipe it all off and then place a another coat and then let it dry and buff it off. Once done i use isopropyl alcohol to clean away the brazo fully.

 

Mine had the same markings but after brasso it look like the image attached.

 

Before:

 

image.thumb.jpeg.7daa25c39a42df6b8e36585c3b5b5873.jpeg

 

After:

 

image.thumb.jpeg.f3c3f99331d8d3ec434b841f46886d03.jpeg

  • Thumb Up 4

{Main Laptop:} PCS Recoil 17.3" (Clevo X170KM-G)

Spoiler

{CPU:} Intel i5 11400

{RAM:} 2x 16GB DDR4 2933MT/s

{GPU:} Nvidia RTX 3070 Mobile
{Screen:} BOE NE173QHM-NY2 165hz 1440p

{Storage:} 2x M.2 SATA 1TB and 2TB Respectively
1x NVME M.2 WD SN750 Black.

{OS:} Windows 11 Pro

Benchmarks:

{TimeSpy}: Normal Extreme  {Firestrike}: Normal Extreme {Port Royle}Result

Realtek Nahimic 3 Modded Driver for MSI Systems: Latest
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2022 at 11:11 PM, solidus1983 said:

@Vasudev Like i already said and hinted! Use Brasso it will get rid of them nasty spots then clean with isopropyl alcohol, it is how i do my heatsinks.

 

Basically i apply brazo to a kitchen towel then rub it till the towel is black, i then wipe it all off and then place a another coat and then let it dry and buff it off. Once done i use isopropyl alcohol to clean away the brazo fully.

 

Mine had the same markings but after brasso it look like the image attached.

 

Before:

 

image.thumb.jpeg.7daa25c39a42df6b8e36585c3b5b5873.jpeg

 

After:

 

image.thumb.jpeg.f3c3f99331d8d3ec434b841f46886d03.jpeg

Ok thanks. I didn't get it at first, Brasso which I used to cleanup copper utensils and lamps. I will apply a thin coat and try it out in few days will let you know.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

in the end this is more of an aesthetic thing, those stains will not interfere with cooling capabilities in the least 🙂 

  • Like 1

Mine: Clevo P751DM "The Dark Knight" (2015)
Sharp LQ156D1JW04 UHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @63 Hz / Intel 9900K @ 4.2 - 5.2 Ghz / Nvidia 980M 8 GB GDDR5 / G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3800 / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / 2 x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Intel AX200 ax+BT / Win 10 LTSC 2019 x64 / 330 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel 12600 @ 4.4 - 4.8 Ghz / Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6 / G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3800 / Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB / Intel AX201 ax+BT / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

in the end this is more of an aesthetic thing, those stains will not interfere with cooling capabilities in the least 🙂 

 

That is very true however for me it needs to be clean clean else OCD kicks in anyways.

My love for brasso came from many getting punished moments, whilst in cadets which was either Toothbrush tp clean the  toliets or clean everything thing that was made of brass.

Back on topic, brasso will also kinda lap the cooler a little as its an abrasive too, Just make sure you do a full clean after with isopropyl alcohol as this is very important.

{Main Laptop:} PCS Recoil 17.3" (Clevo X170KM-G)

Spoiler

{CPU:} Intel i5 11400

{RAM:} 2x 16GB DDR4 2933MT/s

{GPU:} Nvidia RTX 3070 Mobile
{Screen:} BOE NE173QHM-NY2 165hz 1440p

{Storage:} 2x M.2 SATA 1TB and 2TB Respectively
1x NVME M.2 WD SN750 Black.

{OS:} Windows 11 Pro

Benchmarks:

{TimeSpy}: Normal Extreme  {Firestrike}: Normal Extreme {Port Royle}Result

Realtek Nahimic 3 Modded Driver for MSI Systems: Latest
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2022 at 11:41 AM, solidus1983 said:

@Vasudev Like i already said and hinted! Use Brasso it will get rid of them nasty spots then clean with isopropyl alcohol, it is how i do my heatsinks.

 

Basically i apply brazo to a kitchen towel then rub it till the towel is black, i then wipe it all off and then place a another coat and then let it dry and buff it off. Once done i use isopropyl alcohol to clean away the brazo fully.

 

Mine had the same markings but after brasso it look like the image attached.

 

Before:

 

image.thumb.jpeg.7daa25c39a42df6b8e36585c3b5b5873.jpeg

 

After:

 

image.thumb.jpeg.f3c3f99331d8d3ec434b841f46886d03.jpeg

what is the name for those pads.? how do i search for them.  my gpu had them but at a repair shop they removed them and didnt put them back. 

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, raptorddd said:

what is the name for those pads.? how do i search for them.  my gpu had them but at a repair shop they removed them and didnt put them back. 

 

Which pads the top set or bottom, as top set was when i got the laptop from PCS so OEM pads the bottom set are GELID's however i got the wrong sizes like a muppet.

  • Thumb Up 1

{Main Laptop:} PCS Recoil 17.3" (Clevo X170KM-G)

Spoiler

{CPU:} Intel i5 11400

{RAM:} 2x 16GB DDR4 2933MT/s

{GPU:} Nvidia RTX 3070 Mobile
{Screen:} BOE NE173QHM-NY2 165hz 1440p

{Storage:} 2x M.2 SATA 1TB and 2TB Respectively
1x NVME M.2 WD SN750 Black.

{OS:} Windows 11 Pro

Benchmarks:

{TimeSpy}: Normal Extreme  {Firestrike}: Normal Extreme {Port Royle}Result

Realtek Nahimic 3 Modded Driver for MSI Systems: Latest
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask if anyone has tried ‎SYY-157 2022 refresh (or whatever they call it), is it good like the previous versions?
I'm looking into a repaste job for my laptop (still on stock paste from MSI factory since 2017!) and i really missed reading this thread on the NBR forum. So, between ‎SYY-157 and TFX, which one would suit better a MSI GT62VR 6RD (i7 6700HQ + GTX 1060) in your opinion? Thanks in advance 🙂

PS: Price isn't really an issue and while ‎SYY-157 is currently cheaper, it comes with different sizes on amazon, so that's something i considered.

PPS: My main concern is longevity of the paste, i don't want to repaste every 6 months or after just one year and i've read these two are some of the best when it comes to that.

  • Thumb Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, macmyc said:

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask if anyone has tried ‎SYY-157 2022 refresh (or whatever they call it), is it good like the previous versions?
I'm looking into a repaste job for my laptop (still on stock paste from MSI factory since 2017!) and i really missed reading this thread on the NBR forum. So, between ‎SYY-157 and TFX, which one would suit better a MSI GT62VR 6RD (i7 6700HQ + GTX 1060) in your opinion? Thanks in advance 🙂

PS: Price isn't really an issue and while ‎SYY-157 is currently cheaper, it comes with different sizes on amazon, so that's something i considered.

PPS: My main concern is longevity of the paste, i don't want to repaste every 6 months or after just one year and i've read these two are some of the best when it comes to that.

 

I used SYY-157 which was the 2021 version, It was good at first but then after a week to a month my temps started rising again and at times over 100C+. Im not sure about the 2022 refresh version though but still i think it depends on the laptop so you wont have the same experience as me. It wouldnt hurt to give it a try

 

  • Thumb Up 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 21H2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update:

 

A full week after repasting my Legion 5 with Honeywell 7950SP i gotta say so far this is the best thermal paste i used on a laptop. Any game i played are getting great temps, like mid 70Cs and at times with games like RDR2 even in the upper 60Cs range with spikes to the lower 80Cs range after an hour of gaming, Same with Cyberpunk. Also my GPU stayed in the Upper 60Cs range despite the overclock. Im not sure if the pads will have better results than the paste

 

Cinebench:

426d1c73a69b1801c151f0213d4f188c.jpg

 

This time I broke my record score with no change in temps.

  • Thumb Up 3

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 21H2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, solidus1983 said:

 

Which pads the top set or bottom, as top set was when i got the laptop from PCS so OEM pads the bottom set are GELID's however i got the wrong sizes like a muppet.

i tought they were the same on both pics.. so ill search for gelids thanks.

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, raptorddd said:

i tought they were the same on both pics.. so ill search for gelids thanks.

 

Nope the first picture is using stock oem thermal pads the second is using GELID thermal pads.

The paste used on both is Kryo Extreme hence why its pink.

 

@KING19what thermal paste are you using ?

  • Thumb Up 1

{Main Laptop:} PCS Recoil 17.3" (Clevo X170KM-G)

Spoiler

{CPU:} Intel i5 11400

{RAM:} 2x 16GB DDR4 2933MT/s

{GPU:} Nvidia RTX 3070 Mobile
{Screen:} BOE NE173QHM-NY2 165hz 1440p

{Storage:} 2x M.2 SATA 1TB and 2TB Respectively
1x NVME M.2 WD SN750 Black.

{OS:} Windows 11 Pro

Benchmarks:

{TimeSpy}: Normal Extreme  {Firestrike}: Normal Extreme {Port Royle}Result

Realtek Nahimic 3 Modded Driver for MSI Systems: Latest
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/20/2022 at 8:18 AM, solidus1983 said:

 

@KING19what thermal paste are you using ?

 

I use Honeywell 7950 which is used as stock paste for the 2021 Lenovo Legions i think. There are two versions of it the pad version and the paste version, The one i am using is the paste version. I think the pad version works better as i heard on reddit.

 

Paste Version:

https://www.ebuy7.com/item/641009621899

 

Pad Version:

https://www.ebuy7.com/item/632208664079

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Thumb Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 21H2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/19/2022 at 9:50 PM, raptorddd said:

what is the name for those pads.? how do i search for them.  my gpu had them but at a repair shop they removed them and didnt put them back. 

Those are Thermal Grizzly Carbonaut. BOB of all Trades, @FalkentyneGamer Nexus x Roman/Derbauer did do a round of testing.

I tried Carbonaut for their near perfect temps or non degraded temps even after long years. It saves me lot of time where BGA machines like Alienware and others which has complicated removal process and this cloth can be reused w/o loss in quality. I did lap and replaced thermal pastes on my laptops before adding carbonaut. So results will vary depending on your PCs/laptops/Consoles etc.

  • Thumb Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/19/2022 at 9:54 AM, macmyc said:

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask if anyone has tried ‎SYY-157 2022 refresh (or whatever they call it), is it good like the previous versions?
I'm looking into a repaste job for my laptop (still on stock paste from MSI factory since 2017!) and i really missed reading this thread on the NBR forum. So, between ‎SYY-157 and TFX, which one would suit better a MSI GT62VR 6RD (i7 6700HQ + GTX 1060) in your opinion? Thanks in advance 🙂

PS: Price isn't really an issue and while ‎SYY-157 is currently cheaper, it comes with different sizes on amazon, so that's something i considered.

PPS: My main concern is longevity of the paste, i don't want to repaste every 6 months or after just one year and i've read these two are some of the best when it comes to that.

am using mx4. i was thinking of trying ssy-157 but i seen videos they say its hard to apply. i also looking for a better paste than mx4 that last long before repaste.  i just search TFX reviews says its good but not sure how long it lasts.

 

 

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, raptorddd said:

am using mx4. i was thinking of trying ssy-157 but i seen videos they say its hard to apply. 

 

 

 

Just an interesting idea I read (but have not tried)

with thermal paste that is a thicker and harder to apply, heat it up first!

 

I was thinking in a cup of hot water, warmish oven or possibly sunny windowsill.

Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10  |  Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx980m win8.1  | Panasonic CF-31 i5-2520M win7

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Eban said:

 

Just an interesting idea I read (but have not tried)

with thermal paste that is a thicker and harder to apply, heat it up first!

 

I was thinking in a cup of hot water, warmish oven or possibly sunny windowsill.

on amazon review someone posted that he used boiling water to make it easier to apply.

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, raptorddd said:

on amazon review someone posted that he used boiling water to make it easier to apply.

wow now thats a bit of an overkill lol

  • Thumb Up 3

Mine: Clevo P751DM "The Dark Knight" (2015)
Sharp LQ156D1JW04 UHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @63 Hz / Intel 9900K @ 4.2 - 5.2 Ghz / Nvidia 980M 8 GB GDDR5 / G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3800 / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / 2 x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Intel AX200 ax+BT / Win 10 LTSC 2019 x64 / 330 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel 12600 @ 4.4 - 4.8 Ghz / Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6 / G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3800 / Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB / Intel AX201 ax+BT / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

wow now thats a bit of an overkill lol

 

Well if your in a hurry :classic_rolleyes:

 

I wouldn't  recommend the microwave though :classic_laugh:

Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10  |  Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx980m win8.1  | Panasonic CF-31 i5-2520M win7

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/24/2022 at 11:26 PM, raptorddd said:

on amazon review someone posted that he used boiling water to make it easier to apply.

 

That's crazy and an overexaggeration lol!

 

When i used SYY-157 it was easy to apply, Plus they'll give you a tiny spatula and cleaning wipes in the package

  • Thumb Up 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 21H2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use