NotebookTalk

Cyberpunk 2077

cucubits

We should probably pick up the thread we had going on NBR.

This is still a big title to warrant more discussions and with today's big patch landing, I'm thinking it may even be time to start another playthrough. Well, maybe after Dying Light 2 🙂

https://en.cdprojektred.com/news/patch-1-5-next-generation-update-list-of-changes/

Patches are good but over a year after release no MEANINGFUL DLC's for a game like this? I really didn't have too many problems after the first couple of patches finishing the story several times and as many of the side stuff as I could take, MEANINGFUL dlc the only thing that could bring me back. Maybe in another year or two I'd come back and start a new game though.

• Thumb Up 1

I've only finished the main story once and even then I rushed through the 2nd half of the game so there's still a lot of new (to me) things to see.

On the other hand, I'll probably wait too, although with this big patch out now, I'm not expecting to see any actual story content added anytime soon.

I'm pretty much covered for the next couple months anyway. I'm over 30 hours in Dying Light 2 and the end is nowhere near in sight, I do plan to start over Dying Light 1 after this. Then there's Elden Ring coming soon and Elex 2 in a few weeks (I liked Elex a lot, it's a very underrated, under-marketed game).

the graphics are meh the gameplay is meh but the story is incredible. I might reinstall this game but I don't know if ill have the motivation to play it. I need a game to capture me 

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

The latest patch now has a built-in benchmark along with support for AMD FSR.

• Thumb Up 2

Desktop: Ryzen 5 5600X3D | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 4070 Super | 4 TB SSD | Windows 11

MacBook Pro 14: M1 Max 10-core CPU | 64 GB RAM | 32-core GPU | 2 TB SSD | macOS

Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Gaming: Ryzen 7 6800H | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3050 | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Pro: Ryzen 5 5600U | 16 GB RAM | Radeon Graphics | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

17 hours ago, ryan said:

the graphics are meh the gameplay is meh but the story is incredible. I might reinstall this game but I don't know if ill have the motivation to play it. I need a game to capture me 

I could understand if you thought the gameplay was meh(thats completely subjective) but the graphics are objectively great. The ray traced lighting looks excellent and the art style is great. Also the character animations and graphical fidelity of the characters such as judy/panam and Johnny are probably the best in any game released.

• Thumb Up 1

I just wasn't blown away the same way I was with crysis 1 and crysis 3. the faces look meh the polygon count is high mind you. but I don't know I like the lighting and details but alot of it gets repeated and its not on another level like it should be for a next gen game. perhaps I forgot how it looked

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

3 hours ago, ryan said:

I just wasn't blown away the same way I was with crysis 1 and crysis 3. the faces look meh the polygon count is high mind you. but I don't know I like the lighting and details but alot of it gets repeated and its not on another level like it should be for a next gen game. perhaps I forgot how it looked

I'm just gonna leave this in game screenshot here.

ZL83mao.png

• Thumb Up 1

jesus your right that does look good? maybe its the fact I checked it out on 1080p and a huge 4k tv. I remember differently

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

19 hours ago, saturnotaku said:

The latest patch now has a built-in benchmark along with support for AMD FSR.

That's good news!.

I probably can run the game on Ultra getting 60FPS+ on my 1660ti laptop if i decide to finally buy the game.

• Like 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

On 2/16/2022 at 11:04 AM, Hertzian56 said:

Patches are good but over a year after release no MEANINGFUL DLC's for a game like this? I really didn't have too many problems after the first couple of patches finishing the story several times and as many of the side stuff as I could take, MEANINGFUL dlc the only thing that could bring me back. Maybe in another year or two I'd come back and start a new game though.

I agree. Though I think they took the correct approach of trying to fix the foundation of the game before release any substantial DLC. I definitely plan on revisiting the game when they seem to be wound down on releasing DLC for it. We're probably 18-24 months from that I would imagine though. They probably got set back a year at least with the security breach, poor performance of consoles at launch and pandemic disrupting lives. They should be able to work remotely pretty close to full efficiency, I was able to, but it's just a slight culture change if they're used to being in the same place every day.

They released DLC for Witcher 3 I think 6 and 12 months after the game released.. All these distractions set them back a bit. Truthfully they needed another year to launch I think. I think we're JUST NOW at the state where the game should have launched. Maybe we'll get a couple meaty DLC in the next 12-18 months.

• Thumb Up 3

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

[Sleipnir] MacBook Pro 16 | M1 Max | 32GB | 1TB

[Munnin] LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD | Fedora 38

oh you horrible people made me re download it and make a youtube channel for benchmarks...and yes it looks alot better than I remember

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I care about graphics and story, Iv'e played and beat all the mass effects also except andromeda but yes graphics are not that important but they do still play a role in immersion. I care mainly because games were doubling in looks in the late 90s and it was a big deal when games like half life 2 looked as good as they did, you could get more into the game and have a better time. I started gaming in 1989 and my first game was global defender for sega master system, the graphics were terrible but I had fun as a 4 yo. when shenmue came out I started caring about graphics because it got real and photo realism only seemed to be a few years away, now fast forwards to 2022 and we finally have photo realism well close to it with UE5. can a game be good with just graphics/no. but it does help. 😛 cheeky I know

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

but what is a defacto metric? great story line but mud graphics doesn't mean its a great game otherwise you would read a book and enjoy text graphics. just saying

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

30 minutes ago, ryan said:

but what is a defacto metric? great story line but mud graphics doesn't mean its a great game otherwise you would read a book and enjoy text graphics. just saying

There is a reason you didnt play Andromeda over the rest of Mass Effect. 

Andromeda is just a rehash of the original ME Trilogy on a newer engine with no notable characters.

so you win lol 😛

but honestly it was the reviews that put me off, should I invest i30 hours into a game thats meh...opted out for the reason you mentioned but I will still play and beat it for old times sake in the next 10 years lol, not enticed. but it will happen ME is just that good.

do you remember the ending of ME 2, man was I disappointed with the thirds ending/you?

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 minute ago, ryan said:

so you win lol 😛

but honestly it was the reviews that put me off, should I invest i30 hours into a game thats meh...opted out for the reason you mentioned but I will still play and beat it for old times sake in the next 10 years lol, not enticed. but it will happen ME is just that good.

do you remember the ending of ME 2, man was I disappointed with the thirds ending/you?

Nah its not a win / lose thing, just everyone has there own preferences :) 

The ending made little to no sense, but I generally shy away from a games ending mostly because I enjoy the journey quite a bit more than the conclusion. I am also the type to play FF7 all the way up to Sephiroth just to put the controller down and never play the game again because it was more entertaining to see everyone who forced me to play start foaming at the mouth than actually finish that game.

yeah im the opposite, I enjoy the accomplishment of beating a game then putting it down. I really enjoyed ME2 that I remember. no game has really captured me again I think ME2 was the last game I beat

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 2 weeks later...

this might be old news but i found the new patch for cyberpunk has a benchmark now...use preset ultra and post results.. 🙂

heres mine. Ultra no DLSS and DLSS quality

heres dlss quality

Screenshot-44.png

no dlss

Screenshot-45.png

nice seeing framerate averages above 60 but to be honest medium looks like ultra and ray tracing ultra looks similar to ultra/no RTX

Also @ratchetnclankI'm pretty sure the games characters don't look that good thats pretty high fidelity even for 4k ultra

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled