NotebookTalk

Cyberpunk 2077

cucubits

So true, there's a huge difference between a tech demo and a game that's actually a playable game that will run at an acceptable framerate on an wide range of PCs

• Thumb Up 1

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

[Sleipnir] MacBook Pro 16 | M1 Max | 32GB | 1TB

[Munnin] LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD | Fedora 38

I agree, but its more playable than you might think....I can't see the game being a downgrade from the tech demo. in the end it might even look better if thats possible. its a full sized city and you can fly around drive walk ect......so its a touch different than most tech demos...also on a happy note if UE5 can look that good I think the future will bring some pretty amazing looking games.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Once direct storage starts finding its way into games on PC it's going to be a pretty big game changer for open world games.

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

On 3/23/2022 at 9:12 PM, ryan said:

I agree, but its more playable than you might think....I can't see the game being a downgrade from the tech demo. in the end it might even look better if thats possible. its a full sized city and you can fly around drive walk ect......so its a touch different than most tech demos...also on a happy note if UE5 can look that good I think the future will bring some pretty amazing looking games.

There is no basis for those claims and mountains of evidence to the contrary. 

If it was better than most tech demos it would be a demo. 

Not being able to see how it could be worse than the non playable tech demo just means you bought into the hype and marketing did its job. 

This isn't to disparage the game devs, I hope they achieve all that they hope to and in style but that doesn't mean consumer should ignore details either. 

? dude I tried it you did not>?

It's more than a tech demo and show me one thing one article showing the contrary...very very ignorant

ignorance is a lack of knowledge not an insult

dude watch this video.....its not freeking impossible to see this as a game after checking it out

literally everyone disagrees with you, thats everyone on you tube......not one video saying its just a tech demo that wont see the light of day as is.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

No it looks amazing and it does look like there's some in game there, many games are specially optimized for consoles so it could even look better on pc if it's ported well. This, and better, should be coming shortly imo with the prices they ask for everything vgame related now, and for a while really.

The action sequence is nice and I suspect it's like cp77 screenshots above: a very curated "in game" sequence. What I see of the walking around looks good but not the same as the curated in game car chase. With GTAV graphics mods I think it can look similar in real hands on WALKING around in game, it's about time we get that without tweaks and mods.

42 minutes ago, ryan said:

? dude I tried it you did not>?

It's more than a tech demo and show me one thing one article showing the contrary...very very ignorant

ignorance is a lack of knowledge not an insult

There is currently no announcement for an actual full game release or intent that there is a team behind that type of project. So this seems to be moot argument, ala waste of time.

Im ok with being told I am very ignorant, very very ignorant is where I draw the line 🤭

I've been playing CyberPunk 2077 on my laptop, thus far having a grand time running around doing gigs for Regina Jones. I am halfway through the heist now.

I really need to get some more liquid metal, seems to have dried up my 1080 just sitting at 90c in game 😕

On 3/27/2022 at 5:03 PM, Reciever said:

There is currently no announcement for an actual full game release or intent that there is a team behind that type of project. So this seems to be moot argument, ala waste of time.

Im ok with being told I am very ignorant, very very ignorant is where I draw the line 🤭

I've been playing CyberPunk 2077 on my laptop, thus far having a grand time running around doing gigs for Regina Jones. I am halfway through the heist now.

I really need to get some more liquid metal, seems to have dried up my 1080 just sitting at 90c in game 😕

I stopped using liquid metal, usually ends up causing medium-long term issues with other metal parts and dries up rather fast. Some good quality non-conductive TIM is usually good enough.

56 minutes ago, hfm said:

I stopped using liquid metal, usually ends up causing medium-long term issues with other metal parts and dries up rather fast. Some good quality non-conductive TIM is usually good enough.

Its true there is the inherent risk, its particularly troublesome when it dries out, its usually due to poor contact (which is very relative). poor contact being a much smaller threshold when compared to nearly anything else.

25 minutes ago, cucubits said:

How long does an application of LM usually last? Should I be worried about my laptop? It's been almost 3 years since a haven't taken this apart.

Under an ideal scenario it can last quite some time. I think Raidriar had his for 5 years?

ideal scenarios are hard to come by

5 hours ago, cucubits said:

How long does an application of LM usually last? Should I be worried about my laptop? It's been almost 3 years since a haven't taken this apart.

Watch your temps, stress it out, if it gets high, swab it out

• Like 1

Clevo P870DM3-G i9-9900k-32.0GB 2667mhz-GTX 1080 SLI

Alienware M18x R2 i7-3920xm-32GB DDR3-1600 RTX 3000 

Alienware M17x R4 i7-3940XM 32GB DDR3-1600 RTX 3000

Alienware M17x R4 i7-3940XM 20GB DDR3-1600 P4000 120hz 3D

Precision m6700 i7-3840QM - 16.0GB DDR3 - GTX 970M 
Precision m4700 i7-3610QM-8.00GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz-K2000M

GOBOXX SLM  G2721-i7-10875H RTX 3000-32GB ddr4(Gave to my Wife)

I checked it out on xbox series s....it was pretty cool....curious how it looks on pc and how it will run as this will be a big indicator of how UE5 games will run. just not sure how to install and play...I bought the 6 packs for the 0 amount...but I don't see a download, might do a quick youtube install search..

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I didn't dig deeper than the article but I think you cannot "play" it, only open it up with UE5 and probably "fly" through it as you want, maybe while it plays. Kind of like if someone sends you a 3d PDF where you can move it around, get some measurements etc but can't edit it(play it). It's not a game at all but a demonstrator project in UE5.

I would think the only difference from the xbox version would be the extra things you could observe about the demo while playing it on a PC, cpu usage, gpu usage, ram, vram etc at different resolutions, fps and about UE5 development etc

"The City Sample is a free downloadable sample PROJECT that reveals how the city SCENE fromThe Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience was BUILT."

in the xbox version you can steal cars drive around walk around....similar tech demo to just roaming in gta v

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Well here's at least one idea as to performance of the demo, I've also read that you just get generic stuff not actual matrix characters.

https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/unreal-engine-5-the-matrix-awakens-tech-demo-runs-with-30-50fps-on-an-nvidia-rtx3090-in-4k/

Oh btw if you read the person who actually played it on their pc in the yt video they say there is no way to change or know for sure what resolultion it's at and says that the pixel density suggests 1440p or 2k NOT the 4k in the article title, sloppy research from dsog once again. No menus in it either.

• Thumb Up 2

23 hours ago, Hertzian56 said:

Well here's at least one idea as to performance of the demo, I've also read that you just get generic stuff not actual matrix characters.

https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/unreal-engine-5-the-matrix-awakens-tech-demo-runs-with-30-50fps-on-an-nvidia-rtx3090-in-4k/

Oh btw if you read the person who actually played it on their pc in the yt video they say there is no way to change or know for sure what resolultion it's at and says that the pixel density suggests 1440p or 2k NOT the 4k in the article title, sloppy research from dsog once again. No menus in it either.

Looks great, should be some good games upcoming in the next couple-few years or so.

yeah I know they are calling it a tech demo and an arguement could have been saved but its not really a tech demo more of an early test run

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 4/8/2022 at 1:44 PM, Hertzian56 said:

Looks awesome but terrible optimization, Typical console port

I hate when companies cater to consoles when PCs has way better specs than any console. Its bad when it cant hit 60FPS on a RTX 3090 on 4k. I know its just a demo but its true capabilities is being held back by consoles

• Thumb Up 3

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

20 hours ago, KING19 said:

Looks awesome but terrible optimization, Typical console port

I hate when companies cater to consoles when PCs has way better specs than any console. Its bad when it cant hit 60FPS on a RTX 3090 on 4k. I know its just a demo but its true capabilities is being held back by consoles

I mean it's a demo designed to run on the consoles. There is 0 optimisation for PC because it's not even meant to be run on PC. The files are included as a demo of UE5 capabilities, someone has just exported this with 0 optimisation and run it. 

Epic haven't released this as a demo. This is someone exporting a "demo project" from UE5 without tweaking or optimising then saying it runs like shit.

• Thumb Up 4

Probably shouldn't have even released it for pc and stuck to the console version. Can't imagine a xx70 shouldn't be able to run it at at least 2k/60 if it was properly optimized. I'm not aware of the status of ue5 or if they are even making games with it yet. A lot of those generic ue4 horror etc games do take a lot of resources out of proportion but I haven't bothered with any of them for a long time.

• Thumb Up 2