5 hours ago, ryan said:

like the game looks good but cmon, thats cgi

heres in game

Screenshot-61.png

i remember the old shenmue dreamcast pictures....heres in game

shenmuerain-1200x675.png

heres in game lol

images.jpg

I get your drift but the npc's not featured heavily in side missions don't get anywhere near the same love and attention to detail. The whole game is rendered in realtime there is no cinematics. Photo mode simply allows you to get closer to see the details.

gGGU7Nx.jpg

Some panam

sqDv8PB.jpg

More judy.

Sy3DGmY.jpg

yeah i have the game! never saw it look that good....

i max it out with dlss set to quality at 1080p...is that a mod or cover art seems doctored also reminds me of shenmue pics before the game was released...kinda like tony hawks pro skater pics in a gaming mag....ended up we eventually got that level of graphics but not for 20 years

not saying its impossible I actually tried that new matrix game and holy crap I thought it was a video of real life at the start....then while playing i was still blown away

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

40 minutes ago, ryan said:

yeah i have the game! never saw it look that good....

i max it out with dlss set to quality at 1080p...is that a mod or cover art seems doctored also reminds me of shenmue pics before the game was released...kinda like tony hawks pro skater pics in a gaming mag....ended up we eventually got that level of graphics but not for 20 years

not saying its impossible I actually tried that new matrix game and holy crap I thought it was a video of real life at the start....then while playing i was still blown away

I think its mostly because in the sequences those were taken its in a controlled manner, mostly lighting (I think). Especially with the premier characters in the game.

The game is far from perfect, but because who was devving it and the inclusion of Reeves as Silverhand likely sent hype through the roof.

On my first play through I cracked up laughing quite a bit doing the side mission helping that family member "get justice", when I was chasing the police car, another car on the overpass fell over and when it hit the ground the car exploded. It wasnt a fire explosion it was like a dozen cars spawned from a single point and blew into every direction. Most hilarious session I had in a while

All this is def tempting a reinstall.  I think last I was playing it was around a year ago. A great game just too many years of hype vs what we got plus the various bugs. I really wish cpdr would take some lessons from the masters of open world, R*. Having 3rd/1st person switchable would be awesome, more of a verticality aka jetpack for these cyborgs etc

17 minutes ago, Hertzian56 said:

more of a verticality

This is one of my biggest pet peeves with Cryberpunk. How can they make such a cool atmosphere and a futuristic city and no player controlled flying cars. It really is my biggest disappointment.

• Thumb Up 1

It's still buggy i played it for just one hour and got stuck a few times, really annoying but in that one hour I could tell the story was special...I might also give it another chance..

ok im back with an update, I ran the benchmark on ultra and then high, for some reason im getting better frames with ultra so no im not supporting a buggy game there is no reason for having more settings enabled and getting better performance this with dlss off

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Although it's really strange how the same studio, at least in name, can come out with TW3 and then this with all the bugs and performance issues.(Edit: just remembered TW3 was a mess until v1.08+ for me) I guess "studio" in todays world only means the top people, bean counters etc Those who work on the game directly are 1099 temps lol CPDR's games have never been really efficient hardware wise, like some of those janky AA/B games. Saw some highlighted mods as dsog

https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/cyberpunk-2077-mods-improve-explosions-add-vehicle-combat/

• Thumb Up 1

like honestly even that new matrix game that came out doesn't look as good as your pictures....if those pictures were in game everyone would be talking about it not matrix awakens

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Ryan, it's just a consequence of the storyline driver parts of a game, in-game cutscenes, and the choice of having a better model.  It's the same in the Witcher 3 as well, which is also CDPR (and one of the best games I've played, right up there with Far Cry 3).  Look at townspeople in Novigrad:  They are nowhere near as rendered as Triss or Yennifer.  But the cutscenes (not cinematics) are really well done for the time the game was made, and the details and rendering look very good.

But yeah.  That UE5 tech demo (as well as ALL UE5 tech demos I've seen so far!) is great.  I'm thinking, GTA5 re-release on full-UE5???

An issue that both games inhibit is game save corruptions and/or broken scripts for progressing a particular mission.

Happy to learn about that beforehand so I backed up my game save to which I did end up having a save profile get corrupted maybe half way through

@Recieveryes definitive corruption. I just played cyberpunk for an hour and still have yet to see graphics on that level. And @toastofmanI suppose its just the cinematics. also yes GTA v on UE5 would be amazing but we need a new story. also I'd like to add you can play the game at that level of graphics. it's unreal pardon the pun. but honestly it lacks polish

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Yeah a tech demo is HIGHLY curated and we all know there are a lot of tricks they use, especially console stuff. Real extended gameplay would be necessary. I mean cp77 looks amazing and I'm not questioning the screenshots are in the game but just not in regular walking around gameplay. I enjoyed it overall it's just a victim of cpdr's marketing hype, laziness, and the success of TW3.

• Thumb Up 1

1 minute ago, Hertzian56 said:

Yeah a tech demo is HIGHLY curated and we all know there are a lot of tricks they use, especially console stuff. Real extended gameplay would be necessary. I mean cp77 looks amazing and I'm not questioning the screenshots are in the game but just not in regular walking around gameplay. I enjoyed it overall it's just a victim of cpdr's marketing hype, laziness, and the success of TW3.

Completely fair conclusion. Very true the screenshots viewed here are under controlled scenarios (or at least from what I can recall) 

• Thumb Up 1

im not arguing but that matrix demo you get a whole city to interact with...hype is real

it looks like a video shot from a camcorder, its completely photo realistuc

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

4 minutes ago, ryan said:

im not arguing but that matrix demo you get a whole city to interact with...hype is real

it looks like a video shot from a camcorder, its completely photo realistuc

There have been many times where the consumer is the butt of the joke when Tech Demo's allow for hype to grow. Nearly anything Ubisoft is guilty of that, but the consumer is also just as guilty for buying into a product that never existed.

Im not sure there will be much buy-in on the matrix game, the movie is basically a full-blown middle finger to Hollywood exec's at the consumers expense. There are a lot of people who were pretty miffed at the movie for various reasons, so unless the game has a compelling campaign to shine past that then it may be a hard sell. I hope it does well as the efforts of those developing it should be rewarded based on their efforts and not solely judged on the work of others in other mediums.

• Thumb Up 1