NotebookTalk

Cyberpunk 2077

cucubits

After getting fed up with online titles such as FO 76, I've gone back to the games I've already finished like 2077, Fallout 4, Fallout 3, Outer Worlds.  I've found myself not really caring if there is any new content.  I'm just interested in finding builds that don't suck.  Replayability is an important attribute.  I have yet to really get bored with games such as 2077 that afford you quite a bit of flexibility in how you play.

My concern is whether developers keep messing with the game mechanics - nerfing weapons, skills, etc.

• Thumb Up 4

6 minutes ago, GrandesBollas said:

After getting fed up with online titles such as FO 76, I've gone back to the games I've already finished like 2077, Fallout 4, Fallout 3, Outer Worlds.  I've found myself not really caring if there is any new content.  I'm just interested in finding builds that don't suck.  Replayability is an important attribute.  I have yet to really get bored with games such as 2077 that afford you quite a bit of flexibility in how you play.

My concern is whether developers keep messing with the game mechanics - nerfing weapons, skills, etc.

Reminds me of Division 2

On 4/19/2022 at 10:09 AM, GrandesBollas said:

I can't wait to jump on 2077 again in 2023-2024 when we get some fresh content. I really liked my playthrough and I would imagine by then I may have finally forgotten a lot about the game hah. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

[Sleipnir] MacBook Pro 16 | M1 Max | 32GB | 1TB

[Munnin] LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD | Fedora 38

On 4/19/2022 at 10:09 AM, GrandesBollas said:

Yeah, I really like the single player games like this.  I briefly played ESO - but that really turned me off to any MMO / online versions of these games.  I really didn't enjoy grinding for incremental loot improvements and the constant rebalancing to nerf prior OP things to make room for new ones.

CP77 was awesome - I actually had to give it a rest.  I honestly couldn't stop playing it for very long.  Just wandering around the city was awesome.

• 1 month later...
  • Thumb Up 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

• 2 months later...

this game seems to have been updated a few times might give it a go now. I played it for half an hour and was impressed thought id just close out and play when im in the mood but these days im never in the mood for anything.....will have to force myself to get gaming again

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 4 weeks later...

Cyberpunk Patch 1.6 Released 9/6/2022

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/45280/edgerunners-update-patch-1-6-list-of-changes

Also FSR 2.0 2.1 will be added officially to the game in a future update.

You can still use the unofficial FSR 2.1 mod for now.

• Thumb Up 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

• 2 months later...

Cyberpunk Patch 1.61 Released 11/8/2022

https://vulkk.com/2022/11/08/cyberpunk-2077-patch-1-61-changes-overview/

FSR 2.1 officially added

• Thumb Up 2

Current Laptop:

Nice, having a ball with all the mods atm, a few bike/car skin replacers 911 nomad is awesome, sexy clothes for my femv, hairstyles, longer nights and more rain, bladerunner ads/signs, joi outfits/billboards, trash bag removal mod, tweaked crowd/traffic mods, unlock sets closed after missions, silence world radios, no combat music, add in access to the secret mansion mod, femv corpo save at the prologue, might try the third person mod seems wonky though etc Cyberengine tweaks pretty easy to use. Edgerunners seemed to have got more interest.

Moved my install to an SSD and no more popin textures and way faster loads. Went through the below linked perf guide for better fps, just need to go in and change all the settings to see if it helps.

I currently, before changing anything, get 60 locked dlss auto, no rt, 900p but it drops with traffic and high crowd, med crowd setting. Overall mix of high/med, low screen space. This uses 90% cpu and only like 50% gpu for me most of the time. 

https://exputer.com/guides/best-cyberpunk-2077-pc-settings-for-high-fps/

this mod supposed to give massive fps boost but with some caveats haven't tried it yet. There's a newer version that's supposed to not be as buggy ccdo version.

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/786

• 2 weeks later...

Man it's cool going modding, similar to my GTAV modding spree a couple of years ago it really adds a ton to a game.  One of the best ones is "Missing Persons-Fixers Hidden Gems" which adds in 195 missing persons missions that were apparently already in the game,(I never saw any of them in a couple of vanilla full story/side mission/gigs playthrus though), this has text messages from fixers, story shards, map markers and rewards/loot. I'd put a nexus link but apparently it has some adult stuff in there. I haven't seen any yet but only done a couple of them so far, so the page is blocked until you enable adult stuff in your nexus account page. It must be hardcore or something because the whole game is adult, just the genital settings/options in vanilla one example.

There's another one that adds in 200 hidden packages around the world, fully customizable via the mods menu with native settings UI mod.

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/3586

I just put in the Tyger Claws Invasion mod, https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/3978,  that adds in random TC spawns all over, spice it up if you're getting to the empty map stage. Their aesthetic the best of the gangs imo. They needed to make some similar minigame as San Andreas had with it's various gangs imo, random assassination gigs for each one, with random revenge hitmen coming for your character at random times etc etc and also the gtaV replay past missions feature. When you hire people based on factors other than ability you get lower quality, cpdr like all of them going that way no doubt.

Any Scope mod allows any scope on any gun that has a slot for it, really nice to put a sniper scope on a hand cannon or smg. Better Attachments mod takes out the damage reduction of suppressors.

Was trying Drone Companions mod and it works but IMO takes away too much of the challenge/fun, but it is amazing. A whole new cyberware OS, TechDeck, drones/robot crafting and such. Don't like that you have to swap out your cyberdeck for a techdeck though, should have just added a second deck slot to put both in at one time, I think there are mods that do that though.

Open Sesame mod opens various doors/garages with a simple key bind in cyber engine tweaks, some unfinished game sets and or post mission locked sets. Unlock Night City does similar but only with post mission locked sets, have both installed.

Tons of small QOL stuff too. Kiroshi legendary w another slot. Apartments at Dew Drop Inn, Lizzys, add or replace clothes, hairstyles, etc pulsing/moving bodysuit-slot wear really cool. Aerondight TW3 sword katana, etc

• Thumb Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

Installed a bunch of new mods and got a no start, deleted all of them still no start and it came up and said script problem so it couldn't initialize. So reading the logs and searching the net the problem was that one of the new mods needed an updated modders framework and screwed up what I had. So I reinstalled the frameworks and it's all good now. Had so many mods in there it would have been a real pain to lose them all. So update Cyberengine Tweaks, Archivexl, tweakxl, redscript, red4ext, inputloader, mod settings and all good. Do only a couple new ones at a time from now on check the versions of frameworks needed more carefully.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ryan said:

I'm more into gta v. But if cyberpunk is as good as you guys say I'll give it another shot

Eh gtav the better game, more complete, runs well on anything modern, not a ghost town like 77 is so many places, still looks good vanilla and has so many mods to make it looks amazing, gazillion mods etc

77 just looks amazing, I like the noir and tech-noir stuff like bladerunner and it's all there. If I was just playing vanilla I'd have been done/bored with this new playthrough long ago, it's the mods that extend it and make it funner more interesting.

On 12/17/2022 at 4:03 PM, ryan said:

I'm more into gta v. But if cyberpunk is as good as you guys say I'll give it another shot

Cyberpunk is a good game but so many missed opportunities

But i'll say this Cyberpunk's gameplay is miles ahead of gta v because you can play any gamestyle you want depending how you build your character. GTA V still dominates though.

Current Laptop:

I can agree with the options to build a character, enjoy the stealth and hacking and the occasional rambo style but gtav to me is more complete and alive than cp77 is, but yeah you're stuck with the three characters I'd prefer to play as something I enjoy looking at more aka honeypie lol

The world is way more complete and alive in gtav and the third person mod is one of the most popular for cp77 but is kbm focused from what I see not going to happen for me I think, controller only. They could have had the option for both in 77 like gtav eventually got, after 2 years kinda expected a lot more out of cpdr, unlike No Mans Sky, they have never even attempted to make it up.

The next major patch I've heard is only getting around to tweaking the pd and maybe gangs calling backup and gasp even pursuing in cars! etc 5 had that from the beginning and notice no one but yourself ever rides motos in 77, lot left out, a LOT.

14 hours ago, Hertzian56 said:

I can agree with the options to build a character, enjoy the stealth and hacking and the occasional rambo style but gtav to me is more complete and alive than cp77 is, but yeah you're stuck with the three characters I'd prefer to play as something I enjoy looking at more aka honeypie lol

The world is way more complete and alive in gtav and the third person mod is one of the most popular for cp77 but is kbm focused from what I see not going to happen for me I think, controller only. They could have had the option for both in 77 like gtav eventually got, after 2 years kinda expected a lot more out of cpdr, unlike No Mans Sky, they have never even attempted to make it up.

The next major patch I've heard is only getting around to tweaking the pd and maybe gangs calling backup and gasp even pursuing in cars! etc 5 had that from the beginning and notice no one but yourself ever rides motos in 77, lot left out, a LOT.

Yea i agree. GTA V's world is way more alive than Cyberpunk 2077's world and i will say the same thing about RDR2's world as well. The NPCs in both games are way more livelier than in Cyberpunk and there are a lot of things going on.

Current Laptop:

It's like three flavors there, 5 is action movie, 77 techpunk with some noir, RDR2 western-action. I haven't gotten into RDR2 modding oh boy have to clear up a couple months just for that lol

I'm at the point of so many mods now that the plank is creaking for me, thankfully no reshades which would be a perf hit. I use the vanilla plus no green tint mod to take out the overlay if you compare before and after. Took it out last night and man it's like green heck all over, especially at night when my game mostly happens free roam/gigs. It just modifies the games native files. All the mods are just working with native files to tweak and adjust so I still get 60locked varying down to 48 or so in higher traffic/npc areas and in some places it spikes down into the 30s briefly, like everyone gets. The clothes add ons probably don't do much either.

I was going to try the courier mod but idk at this point, does seem more meaty add on than most. The metro system add on isn't too useful imo took it out. There's a bug8ear romance one that gets pretty good reviews but I'd have to go back to before you save her, eh imo the romance aspect is shallow compared to the dating and such in the gta's.

I'm not sure if or how much any of these mods hit performance. I bumped it up to 1080p/high from 900p/high-med in most settings and dlss performance and am at the latest DLSS which is 2.5.1 which came out yesterday seemed pretty smooth last night. Still get like 80/50 cpu/gpu split there average, seems like going DSR 2k would be overkill idk and the other low-med settings are supposed to be the cpu heavy ones like volumetric stuff, contact shadows etc Still have crowd at medium might go low there. Ordered another 8gb stick too. Maybe grab another nvme so I have room for it rather than external ssd via usb3 cable.

I won't lie gta v blows me away. its just such a massive game. full of life and fun things to do it could literally last someone a lifetime if they wanted to do everything possible

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I still have yet to even install GTA V. I had a blast with the original GTA III on PS2 back in the day so groundbreaking at the time. Played most of Vice City on PS2 forget if I ever finished the story I probably did. Never tried san andreas and only played a small amount of GTA IV (probably less than 10 hours). Maybe I'll try V, I just feel like the game is old enough now and I've got so many other games to play I'll never get around to it. Lets be real when the CP2077 expansion drops I'll be playing that and when Starfield launches everything else I'm playing will get dropped for that.

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

[Sleipnir] MacBook Pro 16 | M1 Max | 32GB | 1TB

[Munnin] LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD | Fedora 38

3 hours ago, hfm said:

I still have yet to even install GTA V. I had a blast with the original GTA III on PS2 back in the day so groundbreaking at the time. Played most of Vice City on PS2 forget if I ever finished the story I probably did. Never tried san andreas and only played a small amount of GTA IV (probably less than 10 hours). Maybe I'll try V, I just feel like the game is old enough now and I've got so many other games to play I'll never get around to it. Lets be real when the CP2077 expansion drops I'll be playing that and when Starfield launches everything else I'm playing will get dropped for that.

Pretty much the same. 

What killed the buzz for GTA was GFWL, it was such a while ago I can't remember the specifics but it more or less made it too cumbersome to play. 

I think cp2077's criticisms are definitely fair but I still enjoyed it and it's on a small list of games I have played through twice or more. Metal gear / mass effect being the most, least being this and hell blade. Which reminds me I have been wanting to play that again lol

holy smokes @hfmis back from the dead. we need you sir. you basically keep gaming NBR alive. yes cyberpunk is good but if you haven't played V wow. it will blow you away once you see all the options, theres a freeking game of golf built in. tennis..ect. its more than a game its life style. joking but if you havent played gta V i am sooooo jealous

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Was doing some bike swaps and car swaps or recolors, all the arch's are different than stock now. The tuned arch and jackies regular arch are the same white gold recolor only noticeable difference is the second exhaust on the tuned one. I usually get a few recolor mods and stick them in there and it gives a good variation in the game. I got v's custom kusunagi with a new body and then stuck in a few other recolors from different modders and it's unique look with larger more rounded tires for cornering, cosmetic only of course. And of course riding bikes are almost the only way in game to see your character and the clothes etc Have the apollos silver recolor and slight remodeled with the fugly bags removed. Tire tread sucker pattern on the street bikes, neon rims always on mod etc CVO and controller tweak mods make the driving much funner and more responsive also bumped up the speeds.

A few custom weapons reskins and recolors, a couple of custom silencers and a legendary defender with explosive bullets. Katanas with glowing blades etc

As I said before the third person mod, tpp, is just for walking around with no easy camera panning and is kbm focused, nogo there. I get that the game would be hard to reconfigure by cpdr for third person but why not just force switch to FP when that is most expedient? Same with NG+ just take away story stuff from my inventory leave everything else, duh. They obviously did the TPP animations for the npc's for combat and such so it's there for regular gameplay outside of story stuff. Force switch to FPP when using the kiroshis to hack if it's necessary.

Oh and forgot to mention I was playing around with settings, thought maybe locking it to 45 and vsync on but that only has 40 so tried that and it's not too good, see the low set motion blur a lot. Turning vysnc off really increased the smoothness and zippiness for me, max to 60, low set motion blur not too much and it's great. It's not like olden days where you get terrible tearing and since my card can do 60 mostly it's not too noticeable when their is tearing. Still debating whether to go higher resolution than 1080p dlss performance to bump up the gpu usage which is way under the cpu 80/40 mostly. I'm wondering if I got a TAA disabler mod and bumped it to 2k dsr might utilize gpu more and still look good idk. With the intel it seems no matter what it's always around 85c, even lower settings and the gpu despite lower settings also around there maybe 10c lower. RTX always results in -20fps no way.

• Thumb Up 1

i tried rtx a few times.. honestly i forgot it was on twice. was like this crap is lagging whats goin on

i think i get 60fps on ultra in cyberpunk. but thats at 1080

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled