NotebookTalk

Cyberpunk 2077

cucubits

After getting fed up with online titles such as FO 76, I've gone back to the games I've already finished like 2077, Fallout 4, Fallout 3, Outer Worlds.  I've found myself not really caring if there is any new content.  I'm just interested in finding builds that don't suck.  Replayability is an important attribute.  I have yet to really get bored with games such as 2077 that afford you quite a bit of flexibility in how you play.

My concern is whether developers keep messing with the game mechanics - nerfing weapons, skills, etc.

• Thumb Up 4

6 minutes ago, GrandesBollas said:

After getting fed up with online titles such as FO 76, I've gone back to the games I've already finished like 2077, Fallout 4, Fallout 3, Outer Worlds.  I've found myself not really caring if there is any new content.  I'm just interested in finding builds that don't suck.  Replayability is an important attribute.  I have yet to really get bored with games such as 2077 that afford you quite a bit of flexibility in how you play.

My concern is whether developers keep messing with the game mechanics - nerfing weapons, skills, etc.

Reminds me of Division 2

Telegram / TS3Twitter

On 4/19/2022 at 10:09 AM, GrandesBollas said:

I can't wait to jump on 2077 again in 2023-2024 when we get some fresh content. I really liked my playthrough and I would imagine by then I may have finally forgotten a lot about the game hah. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

[Draupnir] R5 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 2 x 16GB 3600@CL16 | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 w/ Fan Mods

[Gungnir]  LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD

[Munnin]  MacBook Pro 16 | i9-9980HK | Radeon Pro 5300M | 64GB RAM | 1TB

On 4/19/2022 at 10:09 AM, GrandesBollas said:

Yeah, I really like the single player games like this.  I briefly played ESO - but that really turned me off to any MMO / online versions of these games.  I really didn't enjoy grinding for incremental loot improvements and the constant rebalancing to nerf prior OP things to make room for new ones.

CP77 was awesome - I actually had to give it a rest.  I honestly couldn't stop playing it for very long.  Just wandering around the city was awesome.

• 1 month later...
  • Thumb Up 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 21H2

• 2 months later...

this game seems to have been updated a few times might give it a go now. I played it for half an hour and was impressed thought id just close out and play when im in the mood but these days im never in the mood for anything.....will have to force myself to get gaming again

• 4 weeks later...

Cyberpunk Patch 1.6 Released 9/6/2022

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/45280/edgerunners-update-patch-1-6-list-of-changes

Also FSR 2.0 2.1 will be added officially to the game in a future update.

You can still use the unofficial FSR 2.1 mod for now.

• Thumb Up 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 21H2

• 2 months later...

Cyberpunk Patch 1.61 Released 11/8/2022

https://vulkk.com/2022/11/08/cyberpunk-2077-patch-1-61-changes-overview/

FSR 2.1 officially added

• Thumb Up 2

Current Laptop:

Nice, having a ball with all the mods atm, a few bike/car skin replacers 911 nomad is awesome, sexy clothes for my femv, hairstyles, longer nights and more rain, bladerunner ads/signs, joi outfits/billboards, trash bag removal mod, tweaked crowd/traffic mods, unlock sets closed after missions, silence world radios, no combat music, add in access to the secret mansion mod, femv corpo save at the prologue, might try the third person mod seems wonky though etc Cyberengine tweaks pretty easy to use. Edgerunners seemed to have got more interest.

Moved my install to an SSD and no more popin textures and way faster loads. Went through the below linked perf guide for better fps, just need to go in and change all the settings to see if it helps.

I currently, before changing anything, get 60 locked dlss auto, no rt, 900p but it drops with traffic and high crowd, med crowd setting. Overall mix of high/med, low screen space. This uses 90% cpu and only like 50% gpu for me most of the time. 

https://exputer.com/guides/best-cyberpunk-2077-pc-settings-for-high-fps/

this mod supposed to give massive fps boost but with some caveats haven't tried it yet. There's a newer version that's supposed to not be as buggy ccdo version.

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/786

• 2 weeks later...

Man it's cool going modding, similar to my GTAV modding spree a couple of years ago it really adds a ton to a game.  One of the best ones is "Missing Persons-Fixers Hidden Gems" which adds in 195 missing persons missions that were apparently already in the game,(I never saw any of them in a couple of vanilla full story/side mission/gigs playthrus though), this has text messages from fixers, story shards, map markers and rewards/loot. I'd put a nexus link but apparently it has some adult stuff in there. I haven't seen any yet but only done a couple of them so far, so the page is blocked until you enable adult stuff in your nexus account page. It must be hardcore or something because the whole game is adult, just the genital settings/options in vanilla one example.

There's another one that adds in 200 hidden packages around the world, fully customizable via the mods menu with native settings UI mod.

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/3586

I just put in the Tyger Claws Invasion mod, https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/3978,  that adds in random TC spawns all over, spice it up if you're getting to the empty map stage. Their aesthetic the best of the gangs imo. They needed to make some similar minigame as San Andreas had with it's various gangs imo, random assassination gigs for each one, with random revenge hitmen coming for your character at random times etc etc and also the gtaV replay past missions feature. When you hire people based on factors other than ability you get lower quality, cpdr like all of them going that way no doubt.

Any Scope mod allows any scope on any gun that has a slot for it, really nice to put a sniper scope on a hand cannon or smg. Better Attachments mod takes out the damage reduction of suppressors.

Was trying Drone Companions mod and it works but IMO takes away too much of the challenge/fun, but it is amazing. A whole new cyberware OS, TechDeck, drones/robot crafting and such. Don't like that you have to swap out your cyberdeck for a techdeck though, should have just added a second deck slot to put both in at one time, I think there are mods that do that though.

Open Sesame mod opens various doors/garages with a simple key bind in cyber engine tweaks, some unfinished game sets and or post mission locked sets. Unlock Night City does similar but only with post mission locked sets, have both installed.

Tons of small QOL stuff too. Kiroshi legendary w another slot. Apartments at Dew Drop Inn, Lizzys, add or replace clothes, hairstyles, etc pulsing/moving bodysuit-slot wear really cool. Aerondight TW3 sword katana, etc

• Thumb Up 1