Jump to content
NotebookTalk

Bought RTX 3080 Laptop GPU for my P775TM1-G.


srs2236
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello!

 

So today I actually lost my sanity and ordered RTX 3080 Laptop GPU for my P775TM1-G.

 

To be honest I am very scared, every site even the seller mentions it doesn't work on any other laptop except the X170KM-G.

 

However, I checked both boards and they look identical, same pinout, same layout etc. The only difference is the screw placement, the default RTX 2080 heatsink doesn't fit, and I am aware of that. Already ordered a replacement from AliExpress with 30 series screw placement support.

 

BUT, I have a qustion someone from this forum might know the answer to. Is the VBIOS chip stored on the MXM card itself? Or the motherboard? Asking because if it is on the motherboard then I will definately need to reflash it right? Is the CH341 compatible with VBIOS chips?

 

I really, really hope it will work😭 Guys, please pray for my Clevo 😂. I couldn't for the life of me find any laptop other than the X170KM-G that was equipped with its RTX 3080 GPU.

 

Hopefully my P775TM1-G will manage... The display outputs are same, my laptop is also G-Sync version, same rated power 150W. But hopefully will be okay. Wondering about the VBIOS though, if anyone knows please let me know.

 

Of course there will be a follow up as I recieve it and test it so the people who are wondering about compatability will know the answer...😁

 

Thanks!

  • Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

Clevo P775TM1-G:

Spoiler

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop (150W,+105MHz Core, +203MHz Mem)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KS (5GHz, 4GHz Cache, -100mV, 255A, 200W PL1/2)

RAM: 32 GB (3333MHz, 14-17-17-32, 2x16, Micron rev.E, 1.45v)

Storage 1: Kingston KC3000 2TB RAID0 (2x1TB, NVME, PCI-E 3.0)

Storage 2: Seagate LM015 2TB (2.5, HDD, SATA3)

Storage 3: Integral UltimaPro 512GB (SDXC, 100r/50w, PCI-E)

Display 1: AU Optronics B173ZAN0.10 (4K, 60Hz)

Display 2: ROG STRIX XG17AHP (1080, 240Hz, G-Sync, DP)

Operating system: Windows 11 Pro x64 (22H2)

Lenovo ThinkPad T540p:

Spoiler

GPU1: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

GPU2: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M (+135MHz Core, +339MHz Mem)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210M

RAM: 16 GB (1600MHz, 2x8)

Storage: Samsung 860 Pro 256GB (2.5, SSD, SATA3)

Operating system: Windows 11 Pro x64 (22H2)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you have a page that shows a good photo of the RTX 3080 card that you bought?  (Someone can probably point out the vBIOS chip on the card itself, if it is present.)

Dell Precision 7770 (personal) • Dell Precision 7560 (work) • Full specs in spoiler block below
Info posts (Dell) — Dell Precision key postsDell driver RSS feeds • Dell Fan Management — override fan behavior
Info posts (Windows) — Turbo boost toggle • The problem with Windows 11 • About Windows 10 LTSC

Spoiler

Dell Precision 7770 (personal)

  • Intel Core i9-12950HX ("Alder Lake"), 8P+8E
    • 8× P cores ("Golden Cove"): 2.3 GHz base, 5.0 GHz turbo, hyperthreading
    • 8× E cores ("Gracemont"): 1.7 GHz base, 3.6 GHz turbo
  • 128GB DDR5-3600 (CAMM)
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB (DGFF)
  • Storage:
    • 2TB system drive: Samsung 980 Pro, PCIe4
    • 24TB additional storage: 3× Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 8TB, PCIe4 (Storage Spaces)
  • Windows 10 (Enterprise LTSC 2021)
  • 17.3" 3940×2160 display
  • Intel Wi-Fi AX211 (Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth)
  • 93Wh battery
  • IR webcam
  • Fingerprint reader

 

Dell Precision 7560 (work)

  • Intel Xeon W-11955M ("Tiger Lake")
    • 8×2.6 GHz base, 5.0 GHz turbo, hyperthreading ("Willow Cove")
  • 64GB DDR4-3200 ECC
  • NVIDIA RTX A2000 4GB
  • Storage:
    • 512GB system drive (Micron 2300)
    • 4TB additional storage (Sabrent Rocket Q4)
  • Windows 10 (Enterprise LTSC 2021)
  • 15.6" 3940×2160 display
  • Intel Wi-Fi AX210 (Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth)
  • 95Wh battery
  • IR webcam
  • Fingerprint reader

 

Previous

  • Dell Precision 7530, 7510, M4800, M6700
  • Dell Latitude E6520
  • Dell Inspiron 1720, 5150
  • Dell Latitude CPi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Aaron44126 said:

Do you have a page that shows a good photo of the RTX 3080 card that you bought?  (Someone can probably point out the vBIOS chip on the card itself, if it is present.)

 

Screenshot_20220722-202107_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220722-202235_eBay.jpg

  • Thumb Up 3

Clevo P775TM1-G:

Spoiler

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop (150W,+105MHz Core, +203MHz Mem)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KS (5GHz, 4GHz Cache, -100mV, 255A, 200W PL1/2)

RAM: 32 GB (3333MHz, 14-17-17-32, 2x16, Micron rev.E, 1.45v)

Storage 1: Kingston KC3000 2TB RAID0 (2x1TB, NVME, PCI-E 3.0)

Storage 2: Seagate LM015 2TB (2.5, HDD, SATA3)

Storage 3: Integral UltimaPro 512GB (SDXC, 100r/50w, PCI-E)

Display 1: AU Optronics B173ZAN0.10 (4K, 60Hz)

Display 2: ROG STRIX XG17AHP (1080, 240Hz, G-Sync, DP)

Operating system: Windows 11 Pro x64 (22H2)

Lenovo ThinkPad T540p:

Spoiler

GPU1: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

GPU2: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M (+135MHz Core, +339MHz Mem)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210M

RAM: 16 GB (1600MHz, 2x8)

Storage: Samsung 860 Pro 256GB (2.5, SSD, SATA3)

Operating system: Windows 11 Pro x64 (22H2)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, srs2236 said:

Hello!

 

So today I actually lost my sanity and ordered RTX 3080 Laptop GPU for my P775TM1-G.

 

To be honest I am very scared, every site even the seller mentions it doesn't work on any other laptop except the X170KM-G.

 

However, I checked both boards and they look identical, same pinout, same layout etc. The only difference is the screw placement, the default RTX 2080 heatsink doesn't fit, and I am aware of that. Already ordered a replacement from AliExpress with 30 series screw placement support.

 

BUT, I have a qustion someone from this forum might know the answer to. Is the VBIOS chip stored on the MXM card itself? Or the motherboard? Asking because if it is on the motherboard then I will definately need to reflash it right? Is the CH341 compatible with VBIOS chips?

 

I really, really hope it will work😭 Guys, please pray for my Clevo 😂. I couldn't for the life of me find any laptop other than the X170KM-G that was equipped with its RTX 3080 GPU.

 

Hopefully my P775TM1-G will manage... The display outputs are same, my laptop is also G-Sync version, same rated power 150W. But hopefully will be okay. Wondering about the VBIOS though, if anyone knows please let me know.

 

Of course there will be a follow up as I recieve it and test it so the people who are wondering about compatability will know the answer...😁

 

Thanks!

This is an Ampere MXM card:
(I think its a 3070, but the layout will be the exact same for your 3080.)

image.png.9c0f6c674190e2c3080935c006f710f5.png

The vBIOS chip should be the one circled in that picture. And yes, a CH341A will work with the chip if you need to flash a different one. It may take a few tries to get a good reading though.

  • Thumb Up 1

Clevo P870TM-G: Core i7 8700k @ 4.3ghz | Clevo GTX 1080 | 16gb DDR4 2400mhz | AUO 1440p 120hz Display | 256gb Samsung 850 EVO | 500gb WD Blue SSD | 1tb Samsung 870 QVO | 2tb Seagate 5400rpm HDD | Prema BIOS

 Alienware 17 R1: Core i7 4710mq @ 3.619ghz 741 CBR15 (834 CBR15 @ 4.213ghz) | Dell GTX 860m | 16gb HyperX DDR3L @ 2133mhz | 3D 120hz Display | 256gb mSATA SSD

Asus Zephyrus G14: Ryzen 7 4800hs @ 4.2ghz | GTX 1650 | 8gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 60hz Free-sync Display | 512gb NVME SSD

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tenoroon said:

This is an Ampere MXM card:
(I think its a 3070, but the layout will be the exact same for your 3080.)

image.png.9c0f6c674190e2c3080935c006f710f5.png

The vBIOS chip should be the one circled in that picture. And yes, a CH341A will work with the chip if you need to flash a different one. It may take a few tries to get a good reading though.

Thanks! Well, In my opinion it means it should be plug and play but something tells me its not going to be the case... Have a bad feeling about this but I guess you don't know till you try it.

 

Also I actually just realised the VRM layout is actually a little bit different for the bottom 4 but it is not a big problem as I will make sure they make good contact with the heatsink and get adequate cooling.

 

Gosh this is going to be super stressful...

 

Altough one user from this forum claimed that someone from Germany has succesfully replaced P870TM GPU to RTX 3080 so I am still hopeful. Also makes me wonder why AliExpress would have produced RTX 30 Series compatible Heatsinks if the machine itself would not accept the card, but I guess Ali might advertise 30 Series just for higher sales tbh.

  • Thumb Up 4

Clevo P775TM1-G:

Spoiler

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop (150W,+105MHz Core, +203MHz Mem)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KS (5GHz, 4GHz Cache, -100mV, 255A, 200W PL1/2)

RAM: 32 GB (3333MHz, 14-17-17-32, 2x16, Micron rev.E, 1.45v)

Storage 1: Kingston KC3000 2TB RAID0 (2x1TB, NVME, PCI-E 3.0)

Storage 2: Seagate LM015 2TB (2.5, HDD, SATA3)

Storage 3: Integral UltimaPro 512GB (SDXC, 100r/50w, PCI-E)

Display 1: AU Optronics B173ZAN0.10 (4K, 60Hz)

Display 2: ROG STRIX XG17AHP (1080, 240Hz, G-Sync, DP)

Operating system: Windows 11 Pro x64 (22H2)

Lenovo ThinkPad T540p:

Spoiler

GPU1: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

GPU2: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M (+135MHz Core, +339MHz Mem)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210M

RAM: 16 GB (1600MHz, 2x8)

Storage: Samsung 860 Pro 256GB (2.5, SSD, SATA3)

Operating system: Windows 11 Pro x64 (22H2)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, srs2236 said:

Thanks! Well, In my opinion it means it should be plug and play but something tells me its not going to be the case... Have a bad feeling about this but I guess you don't know till you try it.

 

Also I actually just realised the VRM layout is actually a little bit different for the bottom 4 but it is not a big problem as I will make sure they make good contact with the heatsink and get adequate cooling.

 

Gosh this is going to be super stressful...

 

Altough one user from this forum claimed that someone from Germany has succesfully replaced P870TM GPU to RTX 3080 so I am still hopeful. Also makes me wonder why AliExpress would have produced RTX 30 Series compatible Heatsinks if the machine itself would not accept the card, but I guess Ali might advertise 30 Series just for higher sales tbh.

 

Aliexpress heatsink takes care of the physical mounting.

You could check with Eurocom vBIOS/BIOS wise

There's always Dsanke to further enhance compatibility

 

Good luck! Looking forward to the results!

 

 

  • Thumb Up 1

Electrosoft Prime: 12900k | Asus Z690 Strix D4 | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420mm AIO | G.Skill 4133 2x16GB B-Die G1 | Samsung 980 1TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | LG 49" 144hz IPS
Heath: i3-12100f | Asrock B660M Pro RS | Asus Strix 3080  | 32GB Klex 3600mhz  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | HP ZR30w 30" 2560x1600 IPS

MelMel: i5-12500 | Asus Prime B660 | Asrock Intel A380 | 16GB G.Skill 3600mhz |  512GB M.2 | Gamdias | Dell 25" 240hz 1080p
ZtecPC X170SM-G Prema | SL 10900k | Nvidia RTX 2080 Super (Currently DOA) | Corsair 3800 @ 3200 14-14-14 | 17.3" 1080p 144hz

Boxx X170KM-G | 11900k | Nvidia RTX 3070 | Corsair 3200 64GB (2x32GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | 17.3" 1080p 144hz

MSI GL66 Pulse | i7-12700h | RTX 3070 | 512GB | 16GB | 15.6" 144hz 1080 IPS ** Acer Nitro 5 | i5-10300H | RTX 3050 | 16GB | 256GB | 15.6" 144hz  1080p IPS 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, srs2236 said:

Thanks! Well, In my opinion it means it should be plug and play but something tells me its not going to be the case... Have a bad feeling about this but I guess you don't know till you try it.

 

Also I actually just realised the VRM layout is actually a little bit different for the bottom 4 but it is not a big problem as I will make sure they make good contact with the heatsink and get adequate cooling.

 

Gosh this is going to be super stressful...

 

Altough one user from this forum claimed that someone from Germany has succesfully replaced P870TM GPU to RTX 3080 so I am still hopeful. Also makes me wonder why AliExpress would have produced RTX 30 Series compatible Heatsinks if the machine itself would not accept the card, but I guess Ali might advertise 30 Series just for higher sales tbh.

I know this guy from Germany with 3080 in P870TM. I think the card works plug and play. If not, send me a pm.

Alienware Area-51m

Clevo P775TM1-G

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, srs2236 said:

Thanks! Well, In my opinion it means it should be plug and play but something tells me its not going to be the case... Have a bad feeling about this but I guess you don't know till you try it.

 

Also I actually just realised the VRM layout is actually a little bit different for the bottom 4 but it is not a big problem as I will make sure they make good contact with the heatsink and get adequate cooling.

 

Gosh this is going to be super stressful...

 

Altough one user from this forum claimed that someone from Germany has succesfully replaced P870TM GPU to RTX 3080 so I am still hopeful. Also makes me wonder why AliExpress would have produced RTX 30 Series compatible Heatsinks if the machine itself would not accept the card, but I guess Ali might advertise 30 Series just for higher sales tbh.

quite the adventure! uve taken care of the physical aspects, now its about vbios / sbios / ec compatibility. u can definitely use ur programmer to flash the vbios chip, just make sure u have the right cable and clamp on hand that fits the chip 🙂

keep us updated!

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6600 2x16 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 2x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" UHD 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB

 

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel 12600 @ 4.4 - 4.8 Ghz / Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6 / G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3800 / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Intel AX201 ax+BT / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, razor0601 said:

I know this guy from Germany with 3080 in P870TM. I think the card works plug and play. If not, send me a pm.

Is there a link to his modification and what parts he got for it?

Asking for a P870TM friend of mine 😉

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, 1610ftw said:

Wow, this is quite the adventure, is the card from Ali Express?

Hi!

 

No it is not. You can't even buy this card on AliExpress. It was bought from eBay. More specifically it was Eurocom Canada eBay account (upgradeyourlaptop).

 

It was put on bidding and in the end there was just me and one other bidder. I won it for a final price of 1140CAD or roughly 745GBP after conversion. And both are shipping included/total price paid.

 

That Eurocom Canada eBay account sells Clevo MXM gpu's (pretty much all of them) for around 1200GBP mark but every now and then they put some of them for bidding and the starting price is really good, like for example I think starting price for the 3080 was like 600 something GBP.

 

I couldn't really understand if it is a good deal or not but in the end just bought it anyway😅

 

It should arrive at end of July so some time around that I will post an update. Hopefully one with a happy ending😅😅😁

  • Haha 1
  • Bump 1

Clevo P775TM1-G:

Spoiler

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop (150W,+105MHz Core, +203MHz Mem)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KS (5GHz, 4GHz Cache, -100mV, 255A, 200W PL1/2)

RAM: 32 GB (3333MHz, 14-17-17-32, 2x16, Micron rev.E, 1.45v)

Storage 1: Kingston KC3000 2TB RAID0 (2x1TB, NVME, PCI-E 3.0)

Storage 2: Seagate LM015 2TB (2.5, HDD, SATA3)

Storage 3: Integral UltimaPro 512GB (SDXC, 100r/50w, PCI-E)

Display 1: AU Optronics B173ZAN0.10 (4K, 60Hz)

Display 2: ROG STRIX XG17AHP (1080, 240Hz, G-Sync, DP)

Operating system: Windows 11 Pro x64 (22H2)

Lenovo ThinkPad T540p:

Spoiler

GPU1: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

GPU2: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M (+135MHz Core, +339MHz Mem)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210M

RAM: 16 GB (1600MHz, 2x8)

Storage: Samsung 860 Pro 256GB (2.5, SSD, SATA3)

Operating system: Windows 11 Pro x64 (22H2)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy ending? So it was from Asia after all 😄

 

Happy endings aside that is an excellent price - I have stopped checking their ebay account in recent times as all my laptops are where I want them to be as of now but to get a 3080 at that price is pretty stunning.

 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The card should be plug and play. You will still need driver inf mod.

  • Like 1

PC Specialist P870DM-G ALIENKILLER | i9-9900K 4.6 Ghz on all cores (-90 mv undervolted) | 32GB Hyper X Black 2666MHz | Clevo RTX 2080 3.1b undervolted for better temp 1905Mhz @881 mv | AUO B173HAN03.1 144hz Gsync | Samsung 980 NVME | 1TB SABRENT NVME | 2 TB SAMSUNG QVO SSD | Dsanke TM BIOS - Chujoi13 adapted based on needs | Network Card: Intel AX210-AX | Windows 10 Pro x64

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 1610ftw said:

Happy ending? So it was from Asia after all 😄

 

Happy endings aside that is an excellent price - I have stopped checking their ebay account in recent times as all my laptops are where I want them to be as of now but to get a 3080 at that price is pretty stunning.

 

Happy ending as in working in my laptop😃

 

I mean the card is being shipped from Canada, I don't know what you mean about Asia... Originated most probably but I think everything is😅

Clevo P775TM1-G:

Spoiler

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop (150W,+105MHz Core, +203MHz Mem)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KS (5GHz, 4GHz Cache, -100mV, 255A, 200W PL1/2)

RAM: 32 GB (3333MHz, 14-17-17-32, 2x16, Micron rev.E, 1.45v)

Storage 1: Kingston KC3000 2TB RAID0 (2x1TB, NVME, PCI-E 3.0)

Storage 2: Seagate LM015 2TB (2.5, HDD, SATA3)

Storage 3: Integral UltimaPro 512GB (SDXC, 100r/50w, PCI-E)

Display 1: AU Optronics B173ZAN0.10 (4K, 60Hz)

Display 2: ROG STRIX XG17AHP (1080, 240Hz, G-Sync, DP)

Operating system: Windows 11 Pro x64 (22H2)

Lenovo ThinkPad T540p:

Spoiler

GPU1: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

GPU2: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M (+135MHz Core, +339MHz Mem)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210M

RAM: 16 GB (1600MHz, 2x8)

Storage: Samsung 860 Pro 256GB (2.5, SSD, SATA3)

Operating system: Windows 11 Pro x64 (22H2)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, runix18 said:

The card should be plug and play. You will still need driver inf mod.

Inf driver mod is absolutely no sweat. Well let's hope it works 😁

Clevo P775TM1-G:

Spoiler

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop (150W,+105MHz Core, +203MHz Mem)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KS (5GHz, 4GHz Cache, -100mV, 255A, 200W PL1/2)

RAM: 32 GB (3333MHz, 14-17-17-32, 2x16, Micron rev.E, 1.45v)

Storage 1: Kingston KC3000 2TB RAID0 (2x1TB, NVME, PCI-E 3.0)

Storage 2: Seagate LM015 2TB (2.5, HDD, SATA3)

Storage 3: Integral UltimaPro 512GB (SDXC, 100r/50w, PCI-E)

Display 1: AU Optronics B173ZAN0.10 (4K, 60Hz)

Display 2: ROG STRIX XG17AHP (1080, 240Hz, G-Sync, DP)

Operating system: Windows 11 Pro x64 (22H2)

Lenovo ThinkPad T540p:

Spoiler

GPU1: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

GPU2: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M (+135MHz Core, +339MHz Mem)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210M

RAM: 16 GB (1600MHz, 2x8)

Storage: Samsung 860 Pro 256GB (2.5, SSD, SATA3)

Operating system: Windows 11 Pro x64 (22H2)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, srs2236 said:

Happy ending as in working in my laptop😃

 

Yes I know, just having a bit of fun 🙂

 

 

34 minutes ago, srs2236 said:

I mean the card is being shipped from Canada, I don't know what you mean about Asia... Originated most probably but I think everything is😅

 

This is what it seems like, same as with your heatsink 😄 Did you get the unified 3080 compatible heatsink that also offers water cooling capability or a different one?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, 1610ftw said:

 

Yes I know, just having a bit of fun 🙂

 

 

 

This is what it seems like, same as with your heatsink 😄 Did you get the unified 3080 compatible heatsink that also offers water cooling capability or a different one?

It is basically the same version as the water cooling one, but just without the watercooling. Hopefully it will have a bit more copper mass but otherwise its completely identical to the water one. I assume so anyways. And yes, very and I mean VERY unified😂 definately can't run my CPU on 99c as it will straight away go to GPU aswell. Which of course is a big nono.

Clevo P775TM1-G:

Spoiler

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop (150W,+105MHz Core, +203MHz Mem)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KS (5GHz, 4GHz Cache, -100mV, 255A, 200W PL1/2)

RAM: 32 GB (3333MHz, 14-17-17-32, 2x16, Micron rev.E, 1.45v)

Storage 1: Kingston KC3000 2TB RAID0 (2x1TB, NVME, PCI-E 3.0)

Storage 2: Seagate LM015 2TB (2.5, HDD, SATA3)

Storage 3: Integral UltimaPro 512GB (SDXC, 100r/50w, PCI-E)

Display 1: AU Optronics B173ZAN0.10 (4K, 60Hz)

Display 2: ROG STRIX XG17AHP (1080, 240Hz, G-Sync, DP)

Operating system: Windows 11 Pro x64 (22H2)

Lenovo ThinkPad T540p:

Spoiler

GPU1: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

GPU2: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M (+135MHz Core, +339MHz Mem)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210M

RAM: 16 GB (1600MHz, 2x8)

Storage: Samsung 860 Pro 256GB (2.5, SSD, SATA3)

Operating system: Windows 11 Pro x64 (22H2)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, srs2236 said:

It is basically the same version as the water cooling one, but just without the watercooling. Hopefully it will have a bit more copper mass but otherwise its completely identical to the water one. I assume so anyways. And yes, very and I mean VERY unified😂 definately can't run my CPU on 99c as it will straight away go to GPU aswell. Which of course is a big nono.

good thing about unified heatsinks is that u rarely have any loads that stress both the cpu and gpu the same. so dont worry about the cpu running hot under heavy load, in that situation ur gpu will be idle twiddling its thumbs, so u can use the gpu thermal mass to help out the cpu (and vice versa) 😉

  • Thumb Up 2

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6600 2x16 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 2x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" UHD 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB

 

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel 12600 @ 4.4 - 4.8 Ghz / Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6 / G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3800 / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Intel AX201 ax+BT / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello fellow MXM upgrader in the UK, i'm running a 3070 in my P870TM machine.

 

My heatsink is now unified but it makes water cooling simpler by having just one inlet and outlet.

 

Also due to being under water I have shunt modded my 3070, it's fairly easy to do if you can keep up with the heat.

  • Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 2

Sager NP9877

Hybrid Watercooled setup, D5 pump with dual 140MM fans integrated into custom stand. All controlled via temp outputs from GPU and CPU.

17.3" 1440p 120Hz display

9900KS @ 4.7Ghz All core, delid with rockit IHS, liquid metal

RTX 3070 @ 180W shunt mod, liquid metal

3000Mhz DDR4 CL14

1TB SM961 SSD

Dual 330W PSU 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Holy thats the ebay card i was watching aswell 😀. You got a really good price on it, i was thinking to bid but for Germany i needed to pay customs and VAT so in the end was to expensive. Good luck with it and keep us updated on the road to fit it in the 775 chassis.

  • Haha 1

Lian Li O11Dynamic EVO MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi AMD Ryzen 9 7900x Lian Li Galahad 360 V2 Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo 32GB Kingston Renegade RGB Z 6000ghz SSD: Kingston KC3000 2TB, 2x Samsung 970 Evo 1TB Corsair HX1500i Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Meaker said:

Hello fellow MXM upgrader in the UK, i'm running a 3070 in my P870TM machine.

 

My heatsink is now unified but it makes water cooling simpler by having just one inlet and outlet.

 

Also due to being under water I have shunt modded my 3070, it's fairly easy to do if you can keep up with the heat.

 

Do you have a link to the heatsink you got or is it some kind of DIY heatsink?

Is it comparable in performance to the previous heatsink you had when the water cooling isn't active?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, 1610ftw said:

 

Do you have a link to the heatsink you got or is it some kind of DIY heatsink?

Is it comparable in performance to the previous heatsink you had when the water cooling isn't active?

 

I got it through a russian guy in telegram so that might not be the best option now.

 

This heatsink is a little worse than the original, it could be a little better tbh mainly the slug for making contact to the CPU is not pure copper. Otherwise it's fine for now.

Sager NP9877

Hybrid Watercooled setup, D5 pump with dual 140MM fans integrated into custom stand. All controlled via temp outputs from GPU and CPU.

17.3" 1440p 120Hz display

9900KS @ 4.7Ghz All core, delid with rockit IHS, liquid metal

RTX 3070 @ 180W shunt mod, liquid metal

3000Mhz DDR4 CL14

1TB SM961 SSD

Dual 330W PSU 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Meaker said:

Hello fellow MXM upgrader in the UK, i'm running a 3070 in my P870TM machine.

 

My heatsink is now unified but it makes water cooling simpler by having just one inlet and outlet.

 

Also due to being under water I have shunt modded my 3070, it's fairly easy to do if you can keep up with the heat.

Meaker! 🎉🏼😁

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6600 2x16 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 2x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" UHD 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB

 

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel 12600 @ 4.4 - 4.8 Ghz / Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6 / G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3800 / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Intel AX201 ax+BT / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Meaker said:

Hello fellow MXM upgrader in the UK, i'm running a 3070 in my P870TM machine.

 

My heatsink is now unified but it makes water cooling simpler by having just one inlet and outlet.

 

Also due to being under water I have shunt modded my 3070, it's fairly easy to do if you can keep up with the heat.

A shunt modded 3070 should give you about 3080 performance levels I guess? In any case I found a water cooling solution for the P870TM here:

https://www.cdrtd.com/products/laptop-water-cooled-air-cooled-integrated-radiator-for-clevo-p870tm-p870tm1-p870tm-g-gx10.html

 

It looks like this is different from what you got. The problem with all of these is not only the price itself but also shipping and customs and import VAT which is 19% over here:

 

image.png.6485a71c6d71604ae9969035271fc7bb.png

It would be used with a P870TM with the old two piece cooling solution that came with early 6-Core processors so I guess even without water cooling that would be an upgrade.

 

And I would like to second what @jaybee83 says: Good to have you (back) here 👍

 

 

 

 

  • Thumb Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 1610ftw said:

A shunt modded 3070 should give you about 3080 performance levels I guess? In any case I found a water cooling solution for the P870TM here:

https://www.cdrtd.com/products/laptop-water-cooled-air-cooled-integrated-radiator-for-clevo-p870tm-p870tm1-p870tm-g-gx10.html

 

It looks like this is different from what you got. The problem with all of these is not only the price itself but also shipping and customs and import VAT which is 19% over here:

 

image.png.6485a71c6d71604ae9969035271fc7bb.png

It would be used with a P870TM with the old two piece cooling solution that came with early 6-Core processors so I guess even without water cooling that would be an upgrade.

 

And I would like to second what @jaybee83 says: Good to have you (back) here 👍

 

 

 

 

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/26832002

 

Here you go for performance with it cranked, thanks for the welcome.

 

Yeah I paid over 600 in import vat on the original laptop to the UK. But since it was a business expense I can't complain too much as I saved income tax and national insurance on it.

 

  • Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

Sager NP9877

Hybrid Watercooled setup, D5 pump with dual 140MM fans integrated into custom stand. All controlled via temp outputs from GPU and CPU.

17.3" 1440p 120Hz display

9900KS @ 4.7Ghz All core, delid with rockit IHS, liquid metal

RTX 3070 @ 180W shunt mod, liquid metal

3000Mhz DDR4 CL14

1TB SM961 SSD

Dual 330W PSU 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use