Jump to content
NotebookTalk

Official Clevo P870TM-G Thread


ViktorV

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Developer79 said:

 

 

 

Exactly, why does x16 work on the P870xx!!! That is the big question...It works because it is not the same adapter as for the P775xx. It is my own development for the P870xx series. This includes an internal solution to integrate a desktop card in the P870xx and the corresponding power supply with 12 V also internally via the P870xx!!!!:-)..My solution is tailored specifically for the P870xx.

 

 

Thats incredible 👏  great job developer...

Good luck on your own adapter...I payed so much for the adtlink adapter +custom fees...but i am rly happy with it..

I wish I could upgrade the cpu to never Gens but 😂

Mifcom Clevo P775TM1-G

Bios: Dsanke 

CPUIntel Core  i7-8700K @ 4.3GHZ

GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 MXM OC

RAM: 32GB 2xCrucial SO-DIMM 8GB, DDR4-2400

Storage 1Samsung SSD 980 1TB M2 PCIE SSD

Storage 2: Western Digital 1TB M2 PCIE SSD

Storage 3Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Storage 4: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Display 1: AUO B173HAN01.6 1080P @120HZ

OSWindows 10 Home 22H2

HeatsinkStock 2000 Serie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, srs2236 said:

So it is a DIY GPU enclosure. Don't tell me you actually fit a desktop GPU somehow with according 12V power in the shell of a P870 all while cooling it. =D

 

Also the reason your AMD card works is because it is not an MXM card.

 

Yes, it is! That is the end of the development with independent cooling! I have constructed my own power supply for this!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, oztrax said:

Got a P870dm3 with SLI 1008s, cpu 6700K

Firestrike benchmarking 18000 ish

Is this about right ?

Would a cpu upgrade to 8700K help

 

regards

OZ

It depends what you want to do with it, but in gaming for example, it should help quite a bit.

Desktop - MSI B650 Tomahawk Wifi | AMD 7800X3D | 32 GB Trident Z5 Neo RGB 6000Mhz | MSI RTX 4070TI Suprim X  | Alienware 27 AW2724DM 2K 165 Hz Gsync | Samsung 990 Pro Nvme - Boot | Other various storage | Windows 10 Pro x64

SOLD - Clevo P870DM-G | i9-9700K 4.5 Ghz on all cores (-50 mv undervolted) | 32GB Hyper X Black 2666MHz | Clevo RTX 2080 3.1b undervolted for better temp 1905Mhz @881 mv | AUO B173HAN03.1 144hz Gsync | Samsung 980 NVME | Dsanke TM BIOS - Chujoi13 adapted based on needs | Network Card: Intel AX210-AX | Windows 10 Pro x64

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2023 at 1:03 PM, zex4 said:

Thats incredible 👏  great job developer...

Good luck on your own adapter...I payed so much for the adtlink adapter +custom fees...but i am rly happy with it..

I wish I could upgrade the cpu to never Gens but 😂

Yes, but what many always forget, it also costs everything a lot of time in the matrix to develop these things! Consequently, the things also costs money...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even we could upgrade to the latest gen gpus like the rtx 4090...what about the i9 9900k...sometimes I feel that he is old enough when I see the 12,13 gen performance...

Mifcom Clevo P775TM1-G

Bios: Dsanke 

CPUIntel Core  i7-8700K @ 4.3GHZ

GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 MXM OC

RAM: 32GB 2xCrucial SO-DIMM 8GB, DDR4-2400

Storage 1Samsung SSD 980 1TB M2 PCIE SSD

Storage 2: Western Digital 1TB M2 PCIE SSD

Storage 3Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Storage 4: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Display 1: AUO B173HAN01.6 1080P @120HZ

OSWindows 10 Home 22H2

HeatsinkStock 2000 Serie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, zex4 said:

Even we could upgrade to the latest gen gpus like the rtx 4090...what about the i9 9900k...sometimes I feel that he is old enough when I see the 12,13 gen performance...

 

i think the 9900K can still handle the RTX4090 quite well.... I last saw a test on Youtube. There was in comparison 9/10/11/12/13 gen. Intel in UHD games and the 9900K is only slightly slower....

  • Thumb Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2023 at 12:23 PM, srs2236 said:

It has x16 lanes allocated using two slots. The only thing that someone would need to do is just wire the first slot to first Tx/Rx PCI-E lanes of the external graphics card (1x-8x) and the other slot to the other half of Tx/Rx PCI-E lanes of the external graphics card (8x-16x). The BIOS might already automatically recognize and configure itself to allocate full x16 lane in this scenario for the EGPU. There might be some small detail I am missing, but its 100% doable. It's all a matter of configuration.

You're almost right. I thought so too, but unfortunately you have to do more to get the x16 lanes config recognized!!!

 

 

 

  • Thumb Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

amazing stuff buddy, I take back everything I said about the i9 9900k 😄

good luck on your Developing journey 😉

 

Mifcom Clevo P775TM1-G

Bios: Dsanke 

CPUIntel Core  i7-8700K @ 4.3GHZ

GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 MXM OC

RAM: 32GB 2xCrucial SO-DIMM 8GB, DDR4-2400

Storage 1Samsung SSD 980 1TB M2 PCIE SSD

Storage 2: Western Digital 1TB M2 PCIE SSD

Storage 3Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Storage 4: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Display 1: AUO B173HAN01.6 1080P @120HZ

OSWindows 10 Home 22H2

HeatsinkStock 2000 Serie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What size thermal pads should I get to increase the mounting pressure on my CPU. I took apart my DM today and realized how poor the contact was. I took off the VRM thermal pads and the thermal paste spread was much better. I've noticed my CPU temps are a bit toasty and think that increasing the mounting pressure may help a bit.

Clevo P870TM-G: Core i7 8700k @ 4.8ghz | Clevo GTX 1080 | 32gb HyperX DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 17" 1440p 120hz B173QTN01.0 Screen | 256gb Samsung 850 EVO | 500gb WD Blue SSD | 1tb Samsung 870 QVO | 2tb Seagate 5400rpm HDD | Prema BIOS
 

Alienware 17 R1: Core i7 4710mq @ 3.619ghz 741 CBR15 (834 CBR15 @ 4.213ghz) | Dell GTX 860m | 16gb HyperX DDR3L @ 2133mhz | 17" 3D 120hz LTN173HT02-T01 Screen | 256gb mSATA SSD

Asus Zephyrus G14: Ryzen 7 4800hs @ 4.2ghz | GTX 1650 | 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 14" 120hz LM140LF1F01 Screen | 512gb NVME SSD

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Tenoroon said:

What size thermal pads should I get to increase the mounting pressure on my CPU. I took apart my DM today and realized how poor the contact was. I took off the VRM thermal pads and the thermal paste spread was much better. I've noticed my CPU temps are a bit toasty and think that increasing the mounting pressure may help a bit.

I hope I am not mistaken, but I have swaped the original pads from mine to 0.5 on the inductors and a very soft 2mm on the mosfets, and I have a preety decent spread. FYI I have a TM heatsink.

Desktop - MSI B650 Tomahawk Wifi | AMD 7800X3D | 32 GB Trident Z5 Neo RGB 6000Mhz | MSI RTX 4070TI Suprim X  | Alienware 27 AW2724DM 2K 165 Hz Gsync | Samsung 990 Pro Nvme - Boot | Other various storage | Windows 10 Pro x64

SOLD - Clevo P870DM-G | i9-9700K 4.5 Ghz on all cores (-50 mv undervolted) | 32GB Hyper X Black 2666MHz | Clevo RTX 2080 3.1b undervolted for better temp 1905Mhz @881 mv | AUO B173HAN03.1 144hz Gsync | Samsung 980 NVME | Dsanke TM BIOS - Chujoi13 adapted based on needs | Network Card: Intel AX210-AX | Windows 10 Pro x64

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/28/2023 at 11:05 PM, zex4 said:

amazing stuff buddy, I take back everything I said about the i9 9900k 😄

good luck on your Developing journey 😉

 

Thank you! This also shows the disadvantage of soldered notebooks without MXM card. They all seem to be a bit slower than expected. The mutual interference on the board obviously seems to have an influence! Anyway, RTX3080 or RTX3070 is still very good compared to new generation...Cyberpunk2077 might also be an exception because of DLLS 3.0 and so on. This distorts the results!!!

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2022 at 3:11 PM, ViktorV said:

The QTJ1 / QTJ0 / QTJ2 mutant processor can be bought in China, they came up with the idea of installing a bga processor on an lga1151v2 substrate and made IHS for it. In order to run these processors on Clevo p870/p775/750/751 laptops, you will need to install the latest Dsanke bios for your model, for KM and TM series it is Dsanke 9900ks 128g. For older models, you need Dsanke ME Disable bios. And another point, these processors are very picky about RAM, not all brands run. It works well with RAM sticks from SK Hynix 2133Mhz ddr4, after starting the system easily overclocks to 2666Mhz or more.

 

great job!! what a thread this one!!! do you have the link for the mutant processor at hand? I have a p870tm-gs. Where do you get the dsanke bios update?

 

For you to use the 3090 do you have to use something special?

 

Thank you!!! I was about to give this laptop to a friend and I was like crazy trying to find a cheap upgrade. Now this thread opened a new world of upgrades for me 🙂 thank you guys!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, cmgver said:

great job!! what a thread this one!!! do you have the link for the mutant processor at hand? I have a p870tm-gs. Where do you get the dsanke bios update?

 

For you to use the 3090 do you have to use something special?

 

Thank you!!! I was about to give this laptop to a friend and I was like crazy trying to find a cheap upgrade. Now this thread opened a new world of upgrades for me 🙂 thank you guys!!!

Hi,
again basically. You don't necessarily need a Dsanke bios to upgrade to RTX30xx series. Everything works without!!! The Dsanke only enables the detection of the RTX30xx series in the system bios and support as a system-associated graphics card! That's all. As I said, but basically the Dsanke bios does not have to be on the computer!!!
There is no RTX3090 from clevo! It only goes up to the RTX3080 series in MXM format! Then it's over.
Yes, the P870xx is one of the best laptops ever in my opinion. My current project goes worldwide only with the machine no other laptop offers so much scope for upgrades!...

Also, my tests comparing it to the latest RTX4080 generation show that the P870 with RTX3080 is still faster! Only the RTX4090 series is slightly faster and depends on config of the laptop! There you see again the advertising that blinds people!:-)

Greetz:-)

  • Thumb Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2023 at 2:30 AM, oztrax said:

Sorry posted my desktop 3080 score acciden8C399111-D3C9-4836-802D-729FEDB347E1.thumb.jpeg.084e50f237362bf0b66029c300b13549.jpegtally 

below the P870 fire strike scores

 

Here is my best score with exact same set-up as you

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/91649984

Good to see the P870DM's going so strong

  • Thumb Up 1

Clevo P870DM3-G i9-9900k-32.0GB 2667mhz-GTX 1080 SLI

Alienware M18x R2 i7-3920xm-32GB DDR3-1600 RTX 3000 

Alienware M17x R4 i7-3940XM 32GB DDR3-1600 RTX 3000

Alienware M17x R4 i7-3940XM 20GB DDR3-1600 P4000 120hz 3D

Precision m6700 i7-3840QM - 16.0GB DDR3 - GTX 970M 
Precision m4700 i7-3610QM-8.00GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz-K2000M

GOBOXX SLM  G2721-i7-10875H RTX 3000-32GB ddr4(Gave to my Wife)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2023 at 2:11 AM, Developer79 said:

Hi,
again basically. You don't necessarily need a Dsanke bios to upgrade to RTX30xx series. Everything works without!!! The Dsanke only enables the detection of the RTX30xx series in the system bios and support as a system-associated graphics card! That's all. As I said, but basically the Dsanke bios does not have to be on the computer!!!
There is no RTX3090 from clevo! It only goes up to the RTX3080 series in MXM format! Then it's over.
Yes, the P870xx is one of the best laptops ever in my opinion. My current project goes worldwide only with the machine no other laptop offers so much scope for upgrades!...

Also, my tests comparing it to the latest RTX4080 generation show that the P870 with RTX3080 is still faster! Only the RTX4090 series is slightly faster and depends on config of the laptop! There you see again the advertising that blinds people!:-)

Greetz:-)

 

Many ppl say that 3080ti can be used with the adaptor. I am on my way to get the adaptor and the 3080 ti, also the 9900ks. Let's see what I can get with that 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use