NotebookTalk

Official Clevo P870TM-G Thread

ViktorV

• 4 weeks later...

How the hell it can suppor

On 9/17/2023 at 2:53 PM, Developer79 said:

This is practically possible and goes! The jump to 13 or 14 gen. would be interesting😁

How the hell something like that can work with the same chipset that's 😲

I am fine when I can at least go to 11gen 😅

15 minutes ago, Developer79 said:

Here is the Photo:

Powersupply_8.jpg

As i can see and understand, You are using the AUX power cable to provide juice to the desktop gpu. What wattage can you draw from it ? Are You using the Eurocom 780W power supply or dual 330W with Y splitter/coupler ?

HP Omen Transcend 16 13700HX/32GB 4800mhz/RTX 4070 105W/QHD 240Hz IPS.

20 minutes ago, Csupati said:

As i can see and understand, You are using the AUX power cable to provide juice to the desktop gpu. What wattage can you draw from it ? Are You using the Eurocom 780W power supply or dual 330W with Y splitter/coupler ?

The power supply is designed for maximum stress. If you have a card with little power, one power supply is enough. If you need high power up to 450W you have to use 780W power supply or 2 330W power supplies. In the maximum versions you must also connect 2 aux cables. The power supply is designed for 2 aux cables!

15 hours ago, Developer79 said:

My allowed file size is reduced more and more the more images I copy in!🤔

Keep in mind the forum is being hosted out of pocket, so the amount each member can post is also limited. 

If you delete some of your older pictures, your space will free up. That all being said this forum does embed picture from hosting sites very well.

7 hours ago, Reciever said:

Keep in mind the forum is being hosted out of pocket, so the amount each member can post is also limited. 

If you delete some of your older pictures, your space will free up. That all being said this forum does embed picture from hosting sites very well.

Good to know we can link pictures from other place, probably my G-Drive is in same case, 15gb is almost full.

13 hours ago, Csupati said:

You can also use two cables for graphics card all the time even if you use only one graphics card with little power! This halves the load on the motherboard and increases the durability of the SMD devices. I have in any case not exceeded the maximum power of the motherboard so that you can use the power without hesitation. The new ADALOvelace generation is absolutely brilliant in terms of performance. The performance of the card in relation to the power consumption is gigantically good. My power supply hardly gets warm. There is less power loss and the heat increase in the notebook is low. The RTX4070, for example, ran extremely well...

7 hours ago, Developer79 said:

You can also use two cables for graphics card all the time even if you use only one graphics card with little power! This halves the load on the motherboard and increases the durability of the SMD devices. I have in any case not exceeded the maximum power of the motherboard so that you can use the power without hesitation. The new ADALOvelace generation is absolutely brilliant in terms of performance. The performance of the card in relation to the power consumption is gigantically good. My power supply hardly gets warm. There is less power loss and the heat increase in the notebook is low. The RTX4070, for example, ran extremely well...

So as its seems now

-You sucsessfully converted the AUX power to 2x8pin(or HPWR 12pin)

The last thing is to do a spacer for the desktop card and a costume heatsink with dual fans, then a costum bottom cover , and boom you fitted a destop GPU in any P870 machine in a portable no disassembly reqiued way.

27 minutes ago, Csupati said:

The last thing is to do a spacer for the desktop card and a costume heatsink with dual fans, then a costum bottom cover , and boom you fitted a destop GPU in any P870 machine in a portable no disassembly reqiued way.

I do not quite understand what you mean!??:-)