NotebookTalk

"What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 40% more bother!

Prototime

May was a very terrible month.  Got laid off, came down with a bad infection (still fighting it) and had my phone stolen 😕

This June gloom needs to go away so I can spend some time at the beach ☀️

• Sad 8

@Mr. Fox

Just wow..........

• Thumb Up 2
  • Sad 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

• 2 weeks later...

My company went Twitter and laid off my entire team, including management.  We don't think they thought it through all the way though, our product generates millions of dollars in revenue per year.  The application itself seems displeased, the very next day it had a support page go out, and everyone who would normally answer it was gone.  So it went to the guy who'd made the decision to lay off everyone under him related to this product, interrupting his holiday vacation.  We knew we'd added some self-healing routines into one of our applications, but I hadn't realized we'd taught this one karma as well.

Could be worse though, one of the affected people is close enough to retirement that it likely amounts to starting retirement early, and I've already been actively exploring outside roles (got another interview lined up next week), and can connect affected people with recruiters.  Wouldn't be surprised if a year from now, we're all in better shape and the company's in worse shape.

• Sad 4

Desktop: Core i5 2500k "Sandy Bridge" | RX 480 | 32 GB DDR3 | 1 TB 850 Evo + 512 GB NVME + HDDs | Seasonic 650W | Noctua Fans | 8.1 Pro

Laptop: MSI Alpha 15 | Ryzen 5800H | Radeon 6600M | 64 GB DDR4 | 4 TB TLC SSD | 10 Home

Laptop history: MSI GL63 (2018) | HP EliteBook 8740w (acq. 2014) | Dell Inspiron 1520 (2007)

18 hours ago, Sandy Bridge said:

My company went Twitter and laid off my entire team, including management.  We don't think they thought it through all the way though, our product generates millions of dollars in revenue per year.  The application itself seems displeased, the very next day it had a support page go out, and everyone who would normally answer it was gone.  So it went to the guy who'd made the decision to lay off everyone under him related to this product, interrupting his holiday vacation.  We knew we'd added some self-healing routines into one of our applications, but I hadn't realized we'd taught this one karma as well.

Could be worse though, one of the affected people is close enough to retirement that it likely amounts to starting retirement early, and I've already been actively exploring outside roles (got another interview lined up next week), and can connect affected people with recruiters.  Wouldn't be surprised if a year from now, we're all in better shape and the company's in worse shape.

Sorry to hear. Any reason given?

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

• 1 month later...

The Heroes and Righteous of the world will always be punished for doing the right thing. Here's another random example of exactly that: Stockton police investigating 7-Eleven workers in viral beatdown and Investigation underway regarding the now-viral video of clerks beating would-be robber

Caught on live video beating the stuffing out of a would-be robber that deserved worse, now facing bogus assault charges instead of reward and recognition due to corrupt leadership that deliberately chooses to never do the right thing.

Same scenario that played out on the opposite coast last year. No good deed goes unpunished.

• Sad 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

On 6/21/2023 at 3:57 PM, radji said:

May was a very terrible month.  Got laid off, came down with a bad infection (still fighting it) and had my phone stolen 😕

This June gloom needs to go away so I can spend some time at the beach ☀️

damn, when murphy strikes, he likes to do so multifold 😅 hope things are looking up by now!

On 6/23/2023 at 11:52 AM, ryan said:

We're all born destined to die

welp that sums it all up nicely... 😋

• Thumb Up 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

• 4 months later...

In 2022 I came out as trans and since have sorted my own personal health out (lost 36KG in weight or 79 pounds) and have been taking on new challenges at work where I can. Well ever since I came out it seems that upper management decided to silently fire me, my direct boss can delegate things to me but anything larger in scope I get blocked out of.

However I have interviewed at a new place and am expecting my offer soon, it's the first time I did that as me and it went really well. Will move into more project delivery work and potentially some pre-sales stuff as well.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

Sager NP9877

Hybrid Watercooled setup, D5 pump with dual 140MM fans integrated into custom stand. All controlled via temp outputs from GPU and CPU.

17.3" 1440p 120Hz display + 32" 4k MSI IPS 160Hz display

9900KS @ 4.8Ghz (47x102Mhz) All core, delid with rockit IHS, liquid metal

RTX 3070 @ 180W shunt mod, liquid metal

32GB (16x2 dual rank) 3280Mhz DDR4 CL16

1TB SM961 SSD

2TB SN770 SSD

Dual 330W PSU 

5 hours ago, Meaker said:

In 2022 I came out as trans and since have sorted my own personal health out (lost 36KG in weight or 79 pounds) and have been taking on new challenges at work where I can. Well ever since I came out it seems that upper management decided to silently fire me, my direct boss can delegate things to me but anything larger in scope I get blocked out of.

However I have interviewed at a new place and am expecting my offer soon, it's the first time I did that as me and it went really well. Will move into more project delivery work and potentially some pre-sales stuff as well.

Congrats on your accomplishments and goals!

I've been in a bad place mentally and have begun thinking its due to my work environment. In hindsight of course it is, in the moment it was easy to conclude that I dont measure up. I have been trying to hold out for the appropriate time but that is proving more difficult as time progresses.

4 minutes ago, Reciever said:

Congrats on your accomplishments and goals!

I've been in a bad place mentally and have begun thinking its due to my work environment. In hindsight of course it is, in the moment it was easy to conclude that I dont measure up. I have been trying to hold out for the appropriate time but that is proving more difficult as time progresses.

Thanks! The formal offer came through and I have accepted.

• Thumb Up 2

Sager NP9877

Hybrid Watercooled setup, D5 pump with dual 140MM fans integrated into custom stand. All controlled via temp outputs from GPU and CPU.

1TB SM961 SSD

2TB SN770 SSD

Dual 330W PSU 

• 1 month later...

found a forum run  by a bizzarro pedo..will not be posting anymore. tahnks transmit

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

whats bothering me? being watched 

• Haha 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Tripped over a board in the yard last week. Hurt lower back. It's still bothering me today.  Note to you younger ones...don't ever fall down when you get older. I 'm 87 and you all have seen those commercials that show a old person falling down and yelling.."I've fallen down and can't get up".  Well I got up after the fall but the next day I was laid up and couldn't get out of bed for two days.

Wife is doing the ranch duties.

• Sad 4

On 3/25/2024 at 8:55 AM, TreeTopsRanch said:

Tripped over a board in the yard last week. Hurt lower back. It's still bothering me today.  Note to you younger ones...don't ever fall down when you get older. I 'm 87 and you all have seen those commercials that show a old person falling down and yelling.."I've fallen down and can't get up".  Well I got up after the fall but the next day I was laid up and couldn't get out of bed for two days.

Wife is doing the ranch duties.

20 hours ago, raptorddd said:

am having a mouse arm pain.  had a bad panic attack about 3 days ago. not feeling well either.

I hope that both of you get back to feeling good again. Seaonal allergies are bothering me right now, but compared to what is bothering both of you that is hardly worth mentioning. 

• Thumb Up 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

A lot of things lately. Health being one of them but I'm absolutely one hundred percent hell bent on fixing that. Just the matter of software that's using atrocious internet activation and if that service to activate retires you have no access to it even if you have paid for it. So I can't actually use it anymore. It's effectively dead after what 10 years?

I only caught wind of a company acquiring another, namely the software company I fled to from subscription hell just a day after trying to get the one software to activate so I can use something I paid for in full.

Now I'm trying to get into the photography stuff again, since December last year. Motivation is still lacking but it's like trying to start an engine that's been sitting in a flooded shed. All this sounds first world but I think that is life. Since departing from other sites I've settled elsewhere that's surprisingly helpful as I continue that path for potentially passive income.

So I hope nothing else just rips one in my face as the weeks go by.

Dell Precision 7540 (Delta fans equipped) | Not in use: HP Elitebook 8470P, ThinkPad X131e, ThinkPad T61, Dell Precision M4800 (dead), HP Zbook 15 G2

• 2 weeks later...

Organizations run by depraved imbeciles making "recommendations" for anything...

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

Organizations run by depraved imbeciles making "recommendations" for anything...

one of the contenders running for president in mexico said that when she is elected president she will allow boys to wear skirts and girls to wear pants if they want in school.. in mexico girls uses skirts and boys pants they use uniforms for school..

what he said about shildren are true. they all want to be like someone like boys like their father and girls like their mothers. what happens when they adopt a child and have 2 females.?? or viceversa. 

it seems they are trying to make this a normal thing 

a child shouldnt know about sexual preferences until they are able to retinoate at a certain age.

its is a very delicate discussion. as i have respect for their lives and decissions but not for what they are trying to ask children that arent capable of retinoate or arent mature enough... 

• Sad 2

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

whats bothering me?

My neighbour across from my apt was yelling and drunk....police showed up at my door, they asked if I had anyone to talk to? confusing conversation like I was sleeping? why would I need to be involved

all this, and a few hours ago my 64 yearold father had a stroke. im feeling pretty nervous and sick thinking about this. I pray hes ok. man life can be hard sometimes

• Sad 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

11 hours ago, ryan said:

whats bothering me?

My neighbour across from my apt was yelling and drunk....police showed up at my door, they asked if I had anyone to talk to? confusing conversation like I was sleeping? why would I need to be involved

all this, and a few hours ago my 64 yearold father had a stroke. im feeling pretty nervous and sick thinking about this. I pray hes ok. man life can be hard sometimes

how is your dad doing.? hope is doing well. i feel you it is very distresing. mine is 89 and all days i feel distress as he harms himself fells from bed ect.

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

On 4/7/2024 at 5:57 PM, raptorddd said:

one of the contenders running for president in mexico said that when she is elected president she will allow boys to wear skirts and girls to wear pants if they want in school.. in mexico girls uses skirts and boys pants they use uniforms for school..

what he said about shildren are true. they all want to be like someone like boys like their father and girls like their mothers. what happens when they adopt a child and have 2 females.?? or viceversa. 

it seems they are trying to make this a normal thing 

a child shouldnt know about sexual preferences until they are able to retinoate at a certain age.

its is a very delicate discussion. as i have respect for their lives and decissions but not for what they are trying to ask children that arent capable of retinoate or arent mature enough... 

They should have the space to decide for themselves in a safe environment without pressure. Things like testing out pronouns/names/clothes are all easily reversable things to try.

Also sexual preferences are different to gender preferences and we do tend to re-enforce these pretty early.

• Thumb Up 2

Sager NP9877

1TB SM961 SSD

2TB SN770 SSD

Dual 330W PSU