NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

49 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

I found some for $1 dollar lol. So I’m curious to try it out and see how bad it really is. So from what I have researched mushing them down as thin as possible is what creates a really good contact. So I’m gonna try and flatten them out first. And then mount them in place for further flattening. I have seen them perform within a few degrees of even Kryonaut. I’m just curious is all. 

The end results will be equal bad as the wheel replacement below. You pay perhaps only 1$ for this pad but you lose 1$ on the paste you already have done. Then 1$ on top for the needed thermal paste after your testing. So it will be +3$, LOOL

Then I havent add in the shipping 🙂 So forget that 1$ numbers brother😃

Bike GIF by Electric Cyclery

• Haha 9

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

The end results will be equal bad as the wheel replacement below. You pay perhaps only 1$ for this pad but you lose 1$ on the paste you already have done. Then 1$ on top for the needed thermal paste after your testing. So it will be +3$, LOOL

Then I havent add in the shipping 🙂 So forget that 1$ numbers brother😃

Bike GIF by Electric Cyclery

No worries. @Papusan We’re all wasting money together! Especially if it involves computer parts or technology. Only this small waste provides some sort of entertainment. Think of the waste if I bought a RTX4090 LOL. And It includes free thermalpaste 

• Haha 3

13900KF

Anyone that calls the purchase of technology an "investment" is either a lunatic or a liar. Sometimes using technology is necessary, but it is worse than a car at not holding its value. And, most of us would absolutely not tolerate poor quality and incompetence on the same order of magnitude with an automobile that we typically do with buggy crap technology. Yet, poor quality and incompetence are status quo.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 3
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

On 11/17/2022 at 10:24 PM, johnksss said:

Do you have a 3.0 PSU?

Maybe I'll break out my adapter that came with my card and test fit it to see if it actually clicks into place.

Edit: So I just test fitted the other cable and the click is there but a lot fainter than my native cable. Also a little bit harder to plug in, but far easier to get out than my native cable. As I really have to squeeze hard to pull it out.

im sporting a Seasonic TX-1600, it has a 2x8 pin to 16-pin cable included with the psu. i noticed that same with having a hard time to pull that cable out. and even after double checking proper seating i still get worried when reading all these posts and news, ugh. just annoying this whole thing.

On 11/17/2022 at 10:31 PM, tps3443 said:

Patiently waiting on 2nd 13900KF. I feel like Newegg kinda got me on the shipping time. Not sure why they do that every now and again, but they waited 2 days before actually mailing off my order. I’m thinking maybe they didn’t have inventory. Not sure. But it’s a little

frustrating.

On another note: I am overclocking my Intel UHD 750 in my 11900K and this iGPU is really actually impressive. I feel like an idiot for not getting a 13900K just to mess around with this thing. So the UHD 750 runs at 1.3Ghz, I have mine at 2Ghz right now and it’s actually about 60% faster than a standard UHD 750. It’s also consuming double the power at 30+ watts. 

On 11/18/2022 at 1:09 AM, Clamibot said:

The iGPU on Intel 11th gen and later CPUs seems to be a lot more robust than previous gens. I've been trying to overclock the crap out of the UHD 630 on my 10900K while I'm still waiting to get the GPU I want at a reasonable price. The UHD 630 barely has any overclocking headroom, even with my ML360 Sub-Zero running at full blast. 1.35 GHz is the max stable speed on it, only a 150 MHz increase over stock max, or a 12.5% overclock with a Peltier cooler running at full blast. That's very bad considering how cool I can keep the CPU.

overclock ALL the things 😄 i love it haha

On 11/18/2022 at 4:47 AM, johnksss said:

this might have been the other potential scenario that GN mentioned in their analysis, namely particles on the pins causing excessive resistance and thus runaway thermals.

On 11/18/2022 at 9:06 PM, Etern4l said:

You know it's bad when a 15 minute tutorial is needed to ensure a cable is properly plugged in.

lol ikr... i mean, ok, i havent been to the desktop game for quite a while but ive been building and messing around with computers since i was like...7? 8? and all this mess has even me second-guessing myself the whole time. but i mean, of course im worried about the most friggin expensive part of my brand spanking new machine.

21 hours ago, Etern4l said:

Will be interesting to see if the market ever normalizes such that consumers can expect to actually get more value from next generation graphics cards. It's possible that it will take some technical breakthrough that will dethrone the current technologies and/or players.

For the moment though, Ampere and perhaps Radeons look like better value for most people in practical terms.

im hoping for this breakthrough to already be the non-acceptance of 4080 cards, apprently they sell like CRAP (as in: the 7600X sales in comparison are STELLAR lulz):

1 hour ago, tps3443 said:

No worries. @Papusan We’re all wasting money together! Especially if it involves computer parts or technology. Only this small waste provides some sort of entertainment. Think of the waste if I bought a RTX4090 LOL. And It includes free thermalpaste 

nice sum up of what were doing here 😄 

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

Anyone that calls the purchase of technology an "investment" is either a lunatic or a liar. Sometimes using technology is necessary, but it is worse than a car at not holding its value. And, most of us would absolutely not tolerate poor quality and incompetence on the same order of magnitude with an automobile that we typically do with buggy crap technology. Yet, poor quality and incompetence are status quo.

in technology itself for sure. only valid reason for that being if u end up making money with that tech, i.e. using it for business and speeding up your workflows. otherwise its just a luxury hobby, pretty much.

• Thumb Up 6

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Haha loveee it, hope none buys those overpriced 4080!!

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 2
  • Bump 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

21 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

im sporting a Seasonic TX-1600, it has a 2x8 pin to 16-pin cable included with the psu. i noticed that same with having a hard time to pull that cable out. and even after double checking proper seating i still get worried when reading all these posts and news, ugh. just annoying this whole thing.

overclock ALL the things 😄 i love it haha

this might have been the other potential scenario that GN mentioned in their analysis, namely particles on the pins causing excessive resistance and thus runaway thermals.

lol ikr... i mean, ok, i havent been to the desktop game for quite a while but ive been building and messing around with computers since i was like...7? 8? and all this mess has even me second-guessing myself the whole time. but i mean, of course im worried about the most friggin expensive part of my brand spanking new machine.

im hoping for this breakthrough to already be the non-acceptance of 4080 cards, apprently they sell like CRAP (as in: the 7600X sales in comparison are STELLAR lulz):

nice sum up of what were doing here 😄 

in technology itself for sure. only valid reason for that being if u end up making money with that tech, i.e. using it for business and speeding up your workflows. otherwise its just a luxury hobby, pretty much.

I use my computer for work everyday managing a team of agents, so I use that as an excuse lol. Nothing wrong with running the fastest cpu/ memory available.  It certainly helps. 

• Thumb Up 2

13900KF

22 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

I use my computer for work everyday managing a team of agents, so I use that as an excuse lol. Nothing wrong with running the fastest cpu/ memory available.  It certainly helps. 

haha good, as long as those overclocks dont crash ur system while ure doing some critical work on it 😄 

6 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

TBH 4080 looks like a stawman that's been put out there to get people to spend even more money on a 4090... 

that could work in theory, but doesnt help if shops report stacks of 4080s laying around in their warehouse collecting dust. the initial investment of actually designing and building / shipping those gpus wouldnt make up for the uptick in 4090 sales haha

• Thumb Up 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

19 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

haha good, as long as those overclocks dont crash ur system while ure doing some critical work on it 😄 

that could work in theory, but doesnt help if shops report stacks of 4080s laying around in their warehouse collecting dust. the initial investment of actually designing and building / shipping those gpus wouldnt make up for the uptick in 4090 sales haha

Alternatively Jensen overplayed his hand a little.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 2

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

2 hours ago, tps3443 said:

100%... Makes work a lot more fun. And, that's the story of Banshee's life. 40-60 hours a week is doing work and the fact that she is overclocked, overvolted, loving every minute of it, makes it more fun to work. I've actually gotten more than a few reactions during teleconferences with desktop sharing and people see the AIDA64 Sensor Panel and some are like, "OMG, you're nuts man." Especially so of those that know what clock speeds their own computers run.  Same with sharing my webcam and they see Wraith over my right shoulder and they're like, "What is that huge glass thing behind you with the clear water hoses?"

2 hours ago, Etern4l said:

TBH 4080 looks like a stawman that's been put out there to get people to spend even more money on a 4090... 

Maybe so, but I really do suspect the Green Goblin is just so self-absorbed and greedy that they were hoping more people would be stupid with their wallets. They can always lower the price. If people are as stupid as they had hoped, they make even more. It would be difficult to imagine these shysters allowing themselves to get caught in a scenario where they did not win. It's more like how big, or how small, is your win this time GG? If they loved customers as much as they love money iit would be a beautiful thing. It's unfortunate that they don't love customers even a little bit. They only care how much moolah they can extract from them before they're bled dry. I'm not sure this isn't equally true of Intel and AMD, but they do a better job of pretending to care about what customers want. NVIDIA is just too conceited and self-centered to pretend. The company is a reflection of Jensen in the same way the piece of garbage Windows has become is a reflection of Sadsack Nutella.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

They can always lower the price.

If there is any justice in the world, they can also lose some business to AMD due to bad pricing and inventory shenanigans, and I hope they do.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

15 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

If there is any justice in the world, they can also lose some business to AMD due to bad pricing and inventory shenanigans, and I hope they do.

I fear there is not any. We see lots of examples suggesting there is not. Being evil is rewarded and nothing good goes unpunished.

I think there are lots of people that are like me and not willing to forgive AMD for their past failures. I might, eventually. Maybe. I harbored hate for them almost a decade. Gave them a second chance with 5950X and they totally blew it. Silly me. I guess it serves me right for listening to fanboys and thinking we valued the same things. Might be another decade before I allow them a chance at redemption. Mind you, that doesn't mean that I love Intel or NVIDIA. No sir... only that they haven't failed me as hard or disappointed me so severely. The truth is, they suck as well. None of them deserve our money or forgiveness. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I fear there is not any. We see lots of examples suggesting there is not. Being evil is rewarded and nothing good goes unpunished.

I think there are lots of people that are like me and not willing to forgive AMD for their past failures. I might, eventually. Maybe. I harbored hate for them almost a decade. Gave them a second chance with 5950X and they totally blew it. Silly me. I guess it serves me right for listening to fanboys and thinking we valued the same things. Might be another decade before I allow them a chance at redemption. Mind you, that doesn't mean that I love Intel or NVIDIA. No sir... only that they haven't failed me as hard or disappointed me so severely. The truth is, they suck as well. None of them deserve our money or forgiveness. 

Nice, somehow reminded me of this. Would fit the Twitter thread too ;)

• Thumb Up 2

-- Max Tegmark

Interesting rambling. Might be useful info.

• Thumb Up 1

2 hours ago, Etern4l said:

Nice, somehow reminded me of this. Would fit the Twitter thread too 😉

The title fits nex gen mobile graphics cards as hand in gloves. 

Could be Nvidia this time will offer an bizarre GPU upgrade for the laptop-jockey's if this rumors is somewhat correct. 

NVIDIA RTX 40 Mobility Series GPUs Detailed: 30% Performance Gain Over Last Generation, Launch Date And More
https://notebooktalk.net/topic/347-laptopnotebook-news-and-announcements-discussion-thread/?do=findComment&comment=19326&_rid=79

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

@tps3443 - so, I sanded down the underside of the IHS until the IHS was sitting sloppy loose on the die with an air gap so it would rock slightly due to the lip around the perimeter not making contact with the PCB and that helped. Temps improved ~5°C.

I also investigated the copper IHS more closely and I think I can fix it by taking a tiny bit of material off the length of the wing using a Dremmel tool on the side where the CPU frame holds it captive. It is just a tiny bit too long to fit into that notch. I can make it fit using force, but that won't be good for mounting. It should fit loosely, not tightly. Should work fine after that. I will attempt that project another day.

928293837_FoundationBlock.thumb.png.e8d3375986e8d3638ffd6b4ca85af70a.png1848982039_KryosNEXTVision.thumb.png.08a2bb8e822016350f36f94dd712111c.png

6 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Interesting rambling. Might be useful info.

This was useful. Adding 120mV (as he demonstrated) over the 0.090mV default CPU PLL, Ring PLL and SA PLL voltage (set each to 1.020V versus "Auto" default of 0.90V) and slightly increasing my VCCSA to 1.300V and bumping VCCIN from 1.900V to 2.000V added stabiliy to my memory overclock. I did this on both the Strix and Dark, and oddly enough while helping both it decreased my memory temperatures a couple of degrees somehow. Maybe "Auto" was causing something to adjust to compensation for those PLL voltages being too low at the default 0.090V.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

• Like 2

Tony contacted me about the clear plastic on the thermal pad. He was sure that was why the memory chip had failed and I explained that the clear plastic was on it for storage (keep dust off the pads) and that almost the whole life of the GPU was run on a full block.

image.png.c57975cc4a4aea0fc193fd74e77b4516.png

• Like 7

Brother @ryandid you grab these on Steam already? I already had Crysis Remastered, but I snagged Crysis 2 and 3 Remastered on sale for dirt cheap the other day. They not only look fantastic, but it is wonderful having all of my Crysis titles under Steam instead of Origin. Interesting that they run really smooth on my turdbook with the P5000. The 16GB Quadro handles ray tracing much better than expected. It is unfortunate the P5000 cannot be overclocking and the vBIOS cannot be unlocked (per @Prema). It's a decent MXM option except for that limitation. (Not that I "need to" because it performs fine stock, but the fact that I can't is emotionally disturbing.)

Crysis3Remastered_2022_11_20_11_06_00_793.jpg

Crysis3Remastered_2022_11_20_11_08_29_760.jpg

Crysis3Remastered_2022_11_20_11_21_51_092.jpg

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

@tps3443 - so, I sanded down the underside of the IHS until the IHS was sitting sloppy loose on the die with an air gap so it would rock slightly due to the lip around the perimeter not making contact with the PCB and that helped. Temps improved ~5°C.

I also investigated the copper IHS more closely and I think I can fix it by taking a tiny bit of material off the length of the wing using a Dremmel tool on the side where the CPU frame holds it captive. It is just a tiny bit too long to fit into that notch. I can make it fit using force, but that won't be good for mounting. It should fit loosely, not tightly. Should work fine after that. I will attempt that project another day.

928293837_FoundationBlock.thumb.png.e8d3375986e8d3638ffd6b4ca85af70a.png1848982039_KryosNEXTVision.thumb.png.08a2bb8e822016350f36f94dd712111c.png

This was useful. Adding 120mV (as he demonstrated) over the 0.090mV default CPU PLL, Ring PLL and SA PLL voltage (set each to 1.020V versus "Auto" default of 0.90V) and slightly increasing my VCCSA to 1.300V and bumping VCCIN from 1.900V to 2.000V added stabiliy to my memory overclock. I did this on both the Strix and Dark, and oddly enough while helping both it decreased my memory temperatures a couple of degrees somehow. Maybe "Auto" was causing something to adjust to compensation for those PLL voltages being too low at the default 0.090V.

Hey, Rockitcool contacted me directly because I pretty much said their manufacturing was bogus. And they sent me a brand new copper IHS. I didn’t ask for it or anything, they just sent it

“It doesn’t fit either lol”

Also, @Mr. Fox I received all

Of the Crysis remastered titles free from Intel with the purchase of my 11900K from Newegg back in September 2021. They are fantastic. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

13900KF

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Brother @ryandid you grab these on Steam already? I already had Crysis Remastered, but I snagged Crysis 2 and 3 Remastered on sale for dirt cheap the other day. They not only look fantastic, but it is wonderful having all of my Crysis titles under Steam instead of Origin. Interesting that they run really smooth on my turdbook with the P5000. The 16GB Quadro handles ray tracing much better than expected. It is unfortunate the P5000 cannot be overclocking and the vBIOS cannot be unlocked (per @Prema). It's a decent MXM option except for that limitation. (Not that I "need to" because it performs fine stock, but the fact that I can't is emotionally disturbing.)

haha nice, are u replaying them now, one by one? im doing the same with the Wolfenstein series, so awesome to see them all absolutely maxxxxed out and ultra fluid 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

haha nice, are u replaying them now, one by one? im doing the same with the Wolfenstein series, so awesome to see them all absolutely maxxxxed out and ultra fluid 😁

Yes, it is awesome. I love Wolfenstein series as well. I did not know they had remastered versions.

• Bump 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I'm happy to see the entire remastered trilogy is on Steam now and doesn't require Origin. I'm trying to ditch other storefronts as I want everything organized under my Steam library, which is by far the largest library of games I have. There are too many launchers. I hope the Origin store requirement is ripped out of the EA games on Steam. I'd happily rebuy all my Origin games on Steam just to have them in my Steam library if that happens.

I haven't finished Crysis 3 yet, and probably won't finish it until I purchase the remastered series. I never finished the first one either funnily enough. The only one I've played all the way through is Crysis 2, and that was my introduction to the series. Time to play through all of them in chronological order.

Crysis is one of the best action shooter series ever. I'd put it up at the top with the Just Cause series, Halo series, and Gears of War series.

• Like 1

AlienyHackbook: Alienware M17X R5 | i7-4930MX | GTX 1060 | 32GB DDR3L Kingston HyperX @ 2133 MHz CL 12 | MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 | Windows 10 LTSC | Hackintoshes Rule!

Desktop Killer: Clevo X170SM-G | i9-10900K | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix @ 3200 MHz CL 16 | Windows 10 LTSC | Slayer Of Desktops

Sagattarius A: Custom Built Desktop | i9-10900K | RX 6950 XT | 32GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws @ 4000 MHz CL 15 | Windows 10 LTSC | Ultimate Performance Desktop With Cryo Cooling!

30 minutes ago, Clamibot said:

I'm happy to see the entire remastered trilogy is on Steam now and doesn't require Origin. I'm trying to ditch other storefronts as I want everything organized under my Steam library, which is by far the largest library of games I have. There are too many launchers. I hope the Origin store requirement is ripped out of the EA games on Steam. I'd happily rebuy all my Origin games on Steam just to have them in my Steam library if that happens.

I haven't finished Crysis 3 yet, and probably won't finish it until I purchase the remastered series. I never finished the first one either funnily enough. The only one I've played all the way through is Crysis 2, and that was my introduction to the series. Time to play through all of them in chronological order.

Crysis is one of the best action shooter series ever. I'd put it up at the top with the Just Cause series, Halo series, and Gears of War series.

I can run these older titles like Crysis on my 11900K without a video card at all. It’s nice to see we’ve come along ways on graphical power using just the CPU. It’s kind of impressive really, imagining that just the CPU can do that.

I bet the 13900K’s IGP is far better with DDR5 7200+ though. It’s kind of unfortunate I’ve got a 13900KF so I will never really know. 

Anyways, I hate the EA Play thing that’s integrated with Steam. I see the dumped Origin all together. 

• Like 2

13900KF