NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

13 minutes ago, johnksss said:

True, but there may be some basis to the argument but going over board about it is what some do.😂

Yes, there is often a legitimate basis to it, but it's the reaction that can be comical and very telling about certain individuals. Sometimes I wonder how they have managed to survive so long without a heart attack. 

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

New has to be better. Huuh? change only for the change often come with downsides (Engineers doesn't always see their own stupidity).
https://wccftech.com/nvidia-16-pin-12vhpwr-cable-connection-guide-for-geforce-rtx-4090-rtx-4080-owners/

image.thumb.png.3ca45f7013896d4b0a09aebb25141af2.png

AMD gear up before the launc of their new graphics cards😄 

AMD Exec Burns Nvidia Over Melting Connectors

tLzrHrPWQBfaVwQUwyxd3g-970-80.png.webp

And Nvidia will offer a huge performance uplift for their 4060. Whats the point upgrade from 3060 to 4060 if this will be the end results? And why buy 4060 over a discounted 3060 if that happen? People want new so you may be able to find a cheaper used 3060 forwards. RT is pretty useless for this type cards, so...

Manli released a new RTX 3060 SKU with 8 GB of VRAM in October. (Source: Manli)

GeForce RTX 4060 could be 20% faster than the RTX 3060 with a bigger price tag and lower power consumption

Editorial: Nvidia’s latest flagship RTX 4080 and AMD’s RX 7900 XT are inflated more than inflation itself — and that’s not normal.

image.png.144e6b41ccea286b8e7a0d45403decc0.png

We’re in the middle of a dramatic economic downturn, if not an outright recession — we’ve had 15–16 percent inflation since 2020, when Nvidia and AMD released their last flagship GPUs. But the RTX 4080’s starting price is 71.5 percent more expensive than the RTX 3080. AMD’s 7900 XT is 38.5 percent more expensive than the 6800 XT.

When my colleague Tom reviewed Nvidia’s new graphics card, he did find it 50 percent faster than the previous generation, but such gains aren’t unheard of gen-on-gen without a corresponding jump in price. And I’d argue that performance is almost beside the point. Both Nvidia and AMD regularly release uber-enthusiast class GPUs like the 3090 Ti or Titan with excess memory and / or exotic cooling for those who’ll pay for every scrap of performance, but the 4080 and 7900 XT aren’t those: they’re the “normal” flagships, and both companies are now targeting that kind of GPU at a more exclusive audience.

• Thumb Up 5
  • Haha 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

New has to be better. Huuh? change only for the change often come with downsides (Engineers doesn't always see their own stupidity).
https://wccftech.com/nvidia-16-pin-12vhpwr-cable-connection-guide-for-geforce-rtx-4090-rtx-4080-owners/

And Nvidia will offer a huge performance uplift for their 4060. Whats the point upgrade from 3060 to 4060 if this will be the end results? And why buy 4060 over a discounted 3060 if that happen? People want new so you may be able to find a cheaper used 3060 forwards. RT is pretty useless for this type cards, so...

GeForce RTX 4060 could be 20% faster than the RTX 3060 with a bigger price tag and lower power consumption

Editorial: Nvidia’s latest flagship RTX 4080 and AMD’s RX 7900 XT are inflated more than inflation itself — and that’s not normal.

We’re in the middle of a dramatic economic downturn, if not an outright recession — we’ve had 15–16 percent inflation since 2020, when Nvidia and AMD released their last flagship GPUs. But the RTX 4080’s starting price is 71.5 percent more expensive than the RTX 3080. AMD’s 7900 XT is 38.5 percent more expensive than the 6800 XT.

When my colleague Tom reviewed Nvidia’s new graphics card, he did find it 50 percent faster than the previous generation, but such gains aren’t unheard of gen-on-gen without a corresponding jump in price. And I’d argue that performance is almost beside the point. Both Nvidia and AMD regularly release uber-enthusiast class GPUs like the 3090 Ti or Titan with excess memory and / or exotic cooling for those who’ll pay for every scrap of performance, but the 4080 and 7900 XT aren’t those: they’re the “normal” flagships, and both companies are now targeting that kind of GPU at a more exclusive audience.

Im not sure I understand.... Are you saying there is no locking latch?

• Thumb Up 1

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

1 hour ago, johnksss said:

Im not sure I understand.... Are you saying there is no locking latch?

There is a latch but weaker than the one for old 8 pin connectors from my understanding. A new desiged 600w power connector should be 100% “idiot safe”. There is a few people that just can’t mount it properly. Even Corsairs R&D Jonny_Guru said he failed several times mount it properly. 

Edit: The 16-pin cable has a “small” latch mechanism underneath the anchor which doesn't seem to do the job well. It is easy to come out and even when fully plugged in, the connection can come out loose in certain cases.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

3 minutes ago, Papusan said:

There is a latch but weaker than the one for old 8 pin connectors from my understanding. 

Ah, okay. Because I just checked mine and it has a latch and works fine even for being smaller than the norm. I hear it click every time I lock the power plug in place.

• Like 1

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

9 minutes ago, johnksss said:

Ah, okay. Because I just checked mine and it has a latch and works fine even for being smaller than the norm. I hear it click every time I lock the power plug in place.

Yep, you know how to do it properly, but a lot people won’t. See edit and about Jonny_Guru 🙂

• Thumb Up 1

41 minutes ago, Papusan said:

There is a latch but weaker than the one for old 8 pin connectors from my understanding. A new desiged 600w power connector should be 100% “idiot safe”. There is a few eople that just can’t mount it properly. Even Corsairs R&D Jonny_Guru said he failed mount it properly. 

Edit: The 16-pin cable has a “small” latch mechanism underneath the anchor which doesn't seem to do the job well. It is easy to come out and even when fully plugged in, the connection can come out loose in certain cases.

The situation is further exacerbated by the sheer size of those cards, meaning cables may have to be forced into potentially unsafe angles or the case won't close.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

18 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Nope, both running with firmware defaults. Neither one overclocked. The 2080 Ti FTW3 is the beast I bought from Brother @Rage Set about three years ago that I shunt-modded and flashed a 2000W vBIOS, but in that comparison running the stock EVGA vBIOS with no offsets. The 3060 Ti FTW3 is as it came from EVGA except for the GPU block. It had a memory chip fail, so I sent it off to be fixed. The 3060 Ti was a surrogate GPU. Now I have to decide which one to keep. I'm almost thinking it's smarter to keep the newer GPU. It's good enough and might go an extra year or two on driver support before the Green Goblin's genocide squad steps in to ruin everything.

Some people can ruin anything just by staring at it for a minute or two. If they touch it, guaranteed... it is going to be effed up... real bad.

You are keeping the 3060Ti over that 2080Ti? I guess they do look to be comparable. This probably makes the most sense for your use on this rig anyways. I have had so much fun with 2080Ti’s especially once you flash KFA2 bios and water cool it.

I was managing around 7,800 with my 2080Ti FE in Time spy Extreme. I was blowing even a 3070Ti out of the water by about 20%. But this was before Ampere matured to what it is now. Turing was in its moment of peak prime. 

You’ve had that 2080Ti for a while too so that’s understandable. Also, I think Nvidia made some nice improvements with RTX3000 series driver advancements lately, like faster DLSS, and also faster ray tracing performance than RTX2000 series. So I imagine the 3060Ti has probably really come along ways since it’s launch. 

Hard to believe it has already been over (4) years since the first Ray traced Nvidia GPU’s have launched!

• Thumb Up 1

13900KF

3 hours ago, Papusan said:

image.png.144e6b41ccea286b8e7a0d45403decc0.png

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

There is a latch but weaker than the one for old 8 pin connectors from my understanding. A new desiged 600w power connector should be 100% “idiot safe”. There is a few eople that just can’t mount it properly. Even Corsairs R&D Jonny_Guru said he failed mount it properly. 

thats basically the conclusion that GN also came to: its a combination of the latch not indicating a loud enough "click" when fully inserted and also the connection is SO tight that someone might assume proper connection even when not all the way in. when i checked mine for any burn marks recently i had a similar experience that there was not really an audible click. i could just verify fully seated position by judging the location of the connector edge relative to the gpu edge (in addition to pushing like crazy against it until i was absolutely sure there was nothing more that could go in lol).

so yeah, its a combo of a sub-optimal design and user error. this leads to half-connected cables being strained additionally by over-bending. plus, the uber-tight fit due to the small design increases the likelihood or particles coming loose (be it metallic or plastic) and altering the connector resistance in such a way as to aid in runaway temperature and melting....

funny enough, this means that there are no "good" or "bad" cables out there, ALL of them can fail under these circumstances 😄 VERY curious to see how an Nvidia sanctioned v2 of such a cable will look like....

• Thumb Up 4

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

39 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

thats basically the conclusion that GN also came to: its a combination of the latch not indicating a loud enough "click" when fully inserted and also the connection is SO tight that someone might assume proper connection even when not all the way in. when i checked mine for any burn marks recently i had a similar experience that there was not really an audible click. i could just verify fully seated position by judging the location of the connector edge relative to the gpu edge (in addition to pushing like crazy against it until i was absolutely sure there was nothing more that could go in lol).

so yeah, its a combo of a sub-optimal design and user error. this leads to half-connected cables being strained additionally by over-bending. plus, the uber-tight fit due to the small design increases the likelihood or particles coming loose (be it metallic or plastic) and altering the connector resistance in such a way as to aid in runaway temperature and melting....

funny enough, this means that there are no "good" or "bad" cables out there, ALL of them can fail under these circumstances 😄 VERY curious to see how an Nvidia sanctioned v2 of such a cable will look like....

Do you have a 3.0 PSU?

Maybe I'll break out my adapter that came with my card and test fit it to see if it actually clicks into place.

Edit: So I just test fitted the other cable and the click is there but a lot fainter than my native cable. Also a little bit harder to plug in, but far easier to get out than my native cable. As I really have to squeeze hard to pull it out.

• Thumb Up 3

Hwbot Profile

Patiently waiting on 2nd 13900KF. I feel like Newegg kinda got me on the shipping time. Not sure why they do that every now and again, but they waited 2 days before actually mailing off my order. I’m thinking maybe they didn’t have inventory. Not sure. But it’s a little

frustrating.

On another note: I am overclocking my Intel UHD 750 in my 11900K and this iGPU is really actually impressive. I feel like an idiot for not getting a 13900K just to mess around with this thing. So the UHD 750 runs at 1.3Ghz, I have mine at 2Ghz right now and it’s actually about 60% faster than a standard UHD 750. It’s also consuming double the power at 30+ watts. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

13900KF

2 hours ago, tps3443 said:

Patiently waiting on 2nd 13900KF. I feel like Newegg kinda got me on the shipping time. Not sure why they do that every now and again, but they waited 2 days before actually mailing off my order. I’m thinking maybe they didn’t have inventory. Not sure. But it’s a little

frustrating.

On another note: I am overclocking my Intel UHD 750 in my 11900K and this iGPU is really actually impressive. I feel like an idiot for not getting a 13900K just to mess around with this thing. So the UHD 750 runs at 1.3Ghz, I have mine at 2Ghz right now and it’s actually about 60% faster than a standard UHD 750. It’s also consuming double the power at 30+ watts. 

The iGPU on Intel 11th gen and later CPUs seems to be a lot more robust than previous gens. I've been trying to overclock the crap out of the UHD 630 on my 10900K while I'm still waiting to get the GPU I want at a reasonable price. The UHD 630 barely has any overclocking headroom, even with my ML360 Sub-Zero running at full blast. 1.35 GHz is the max stable speed on it, only a 150 MHz increase over stock max, or a 12.5% overclock with a Peltier cooler running at full blast. That's very bad considering how cool I can keep the CPU.

• Thumb Up 3

AlienyHackbook: Alienware M17X R5 | i7-4930MX | GTX 1060 | 32GB DDR3L Kingston HyperX @ 2133 MHz CL 12 | MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 | Windows 10 LTSC | Hackintoshes Rule!

Desktop Killer: Clevo X170SM-G | i9-10900K | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix @ 3200 MHz CL 16 | Windows 10 LTSC | Slayer Of Desktops

Sagattarius A: Custom Built Desktop | i9-10900K | RX 6950 XT | 32GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws @ 4000 MHz CL 15 | Windows 10 LTSC | Ultimate Performance Desktop With Cryo Cooling!

3 hours ago, tps3443 said:

You are keeping the 3060Ti over that 2080Ti? I guess they do look to be comparable. This probably makes the most sense for your use on this rig anyways. I have had so much fun with 2080Ti’s especially once you flash KFA2 bios and water cool it.

I was managing around 7,800 with my 2080Ti FE in Time spy Extreme. I was blowing even a 3070Ti out of the water by about 20%. But this was before Ampere matured to what it is now. Turing was in its moment of peak prime. 

You’ve had that 2080Ti for a while too so that’s understandable. Also, I think Nvidia made some nice improvements with RTX3000 series driver advancements lately, like faster DLSS, and also faster ray tracing performance than RTX2000 series. So I imagine the 3060Ti has probably really come along ways since it’s launch. 

Hard to believe it has already been over (4) years since the first Ray traced Nvidia GPU’s have launched!

Yeah, it was a hard decision. The 2080 Ti FTW3 is absolutely a better GPU in every way. Had eBay not shafted me I would have probably just kept both of them. I decided based on economics and tried to stick to common sense and logic rather than getting hung up too much on sheer performance metrics..

The 3060 Ti FTW3 is brand new and has a new block. The 2080 Ti FTW3 is pretty old now and needs a new block. Spending another $150-$200 on a new block for the obsolete GPU make little sense. It is unlikely I will earn any points benching the superior 2080 Ti FTW3. I've milked it for all it's worth pretty much. I can shunt mod the 3060 Ti FTW3, set some 3060 Ti records and gain some additional hardware points if I decide to. 

If high-framerate gaming was super important to me I would keep the 2080 Ti FTW3 instead. 

• Thumb Up 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

22 minutes ago, Clamibot said:

The iGPU on Intel 11th gen and later CPUs seems to be a lot more robust than previous gens. I've been trying to overclock the crap out of the UHD 630 on my 10900K while I'm still waiting to get the GPU I want at a reasonable price. The UHD 630 barely has any overclocking headroom, even with my ML360 Sub-Zero running at full blast. 1.35 GHz is the max stable speed on it, only a 150 MHz increase over stock max, or a 12.5% overclock with a Peltier cooler running at full blast. That's very bad considering how cool I can keep the CPU.

Those iGPUs on Intel Processors use DCH driver cancer (aka nasty bloat). And The 10th gen is the last probably not using that. Also 10th gen has the last iGPU which can get a Windows 7 driver too (through a Win-raid trick). Tbh I wish Intel never wasted those iGPU die space and instead used it for eDRAM on die cache like i7 5775C. So all in all I will happily disable it rather buy a junk GT750 and use the PCIe DP out when needed in emergency.

Personally I couldn't even get the MSI Z590 Ace output from on-board HDMI using UHD iGPU chip to a HDMI port on the Monitor properly with CSM option enabled and gave a headache  Enabling CSM the BIOS didn't even work with PCIe PEG GPU HDMI either lol only DP worked, that's another story... It's always iffy with the UEFI BS always. This UEFI cancer has been a PITA ever since I laid hands on my AW17 which was the first time I got to experience it.

Today there's some RTX4080 and 4090 DisplayID related Firmware update again related to some UEFI cancer BIOS in relationship with nvidia cards.

If you are currently experiencing a blank screen, please try one of the following workarounds in order to run the tool:
  • Ensure you are using the latest SBIOS from your motherboard vendor
  • Change boot mode from UEFI to Legacy/CSM
  • Boot using an alternate graphics source (secondary card or integrated graphics)

Hilarious how CSM / Legacy ALWAYS is the best ever since the UEFI trash came out.

• Like 2

Helios (WIP)

i9 10900K // Trident Z Royal C16 4000MHz B-Die 32GB // ASUS Maximus XIII APEX // Noctua DH15 Chromax // RTX3090Ti FE // Alienware 360Hz G-Sync Ultimate IPS FHD // Seasonic Prime TX 1000 Titanium // Fractal Meshify 2XL

Ethereal Ranger

Alienware 17 R1 // i7 4710MQ // 16GB DDR3L 2133MHz // 980M 860M loaner // Windows 8.1

2 minutes ago, Ashtrix said:

Personally I couldn't even get the MSI Z590 Ace output from on-board HDMI using UHD iGPU chip to a HDMI port on the Monitor properly

No probs with the Z690 although I had to get an USB-C->HDMI adapter.

• Thumb Up 2

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

20 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

No probs with the Z690 although I had to get an USB-C->HDMI adapter.

You shouldn't need to do so. Dongles is the "Apple and Dell" way to fix own stupidity. A real MB manufacturer shouldn't push people into the parts stores to make it work. Approve stamp = failed! 

26 minutes ago, Papusan said:

You shouldn't need to do so. Dongles is the "Apple and Dell" way to fix own stupidity. A real MB manufacturer shouldn't push people into the parts stores to make it work. Approve stamp = failed! 

True in principle, but given the cost of the motherboard it's not the end of the world, comparatively speaking (although I'm sure you would argue the opposite ;). Possibly more problematically, this solution only supports 4K at 60Hz (or at least that's the most capable dongle I could find). Also to be fair, I'm not sure if there is any space left on the mobo backpanel. 2 NICs 3 or 4 USB-C ports, audio, WiFi, reset/flash buttons, I don't know how many USB-A ports, a lot. Basically most boards are a compromise of some sort, a lot depends on what you need one for. I'm sure there are some with HDMI or DP ports connected to the iGPU, but that would be about the last thing on my priority list.

-- Max Tegmark

1 hour ago, Ashtrix said:

Those iGPUs on Intel Processors use DCH driver cancer (aka nasty bloat). And The 10th gen is the last probably not using that. Also 10th gen has the last iGPU which can get a Windows 7 driver too (through a Win-raid trick). Tbh I wish Intel never wasted those iGPU die space and instead used it for eDRAM on die cache like i7 5775C. So all in all I will happily disable it rather buy a junk GT750 and use the PCIe DP out when needed in emergency.

Personally I couldn't even get the MSI Z590 Ace output from on-board HDMI using UHD iGPU chip to a HDMI port on the Monitor properly with CSM option enabled and gave a headache  Enabling CSM the BIOS didn't even work with PCIe PEG GPU HDMI either lol only DP worked, that's another story... It's always iffy with the UEFI BS always. This UEFI cancer has been a PITA ever since I laid hands on my AW17 which was the first time I got to experience it.

Today there's some RTX4080 and 4090 DisplayID related Firmware update again related to some UEFI cancer BIOS in relationship with nvidia cards.

Hilarious how CSM / Legacy ALWAYS is the best ever since the UEFI trash came out.

What’s wrong with the DCH Intel drivers for the iGPU? It works freaking great. I can actually run games really slowly at bare minimum performance. 

I’m actually impressed by the Intel UHD 750 that’s on the 11900K. I hit 15,000 in 3DMark Night Raid. It overclocks really really good too, I’m using Windows 11 anyways so I don’t really care what type of drivers they are. 

• Thumb Up 1

13900KF

The buyer that purchased the GT72VR motherboard from me has issued a return... I sold it on October 18th... Today is November 17th...

He waited to the LAST POSSIBLE DAY to issue a "defective product" and uploaded no evidence. I doubt I will win because I know how Ebay is, but this really pisses me off. Luckily, I took pictures of it working right before I boxed it up, I should have maybe timestamped them, but while the setup is really janky, it proves the motherboard can POST, which the buyer argued it refused to POST.

I'm really just done with Ebay. I've seen too many of you guys here get screwed, and it just hurts to see. I just wish something can be done about this.

IMG_0139.jpg

• Sad 7

Clevo P870TM-G: Core i7 8700k @ 4.8ghz | Clevo GTX 1080 | 32gb HyperX DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 17" 1440p 120hz B173QTN01.0 Screen | 256gb Samsung 850 EVO | 500gb WD Blue SSD | 1tb Samsung 870 QVO | 2tb Seagate 5400rpm HDD | Prema BIOS

Alienware 17 R1: Core i7 4710mq @ 3.619ghz 741 CBR15 (834 CBR15 @ 4.213ghz) | Dell GTX 860m | 16gb HyperX DDR3L @ 2133mhz | 17" 3D 120hz LTN173HT02-T01 Screen | 256gb mSATA SSD

Asus Zephyrus G14: Ryzen 7 4800hs @ 4.2ghz | GTX 1650 | 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 14" 120hz LM140LF1F01 Screen | 512gb NVME SSD

14 minutes ago, Tenoroon said:

The buyer that purchased the GT72VR motherboard from me has issued a return... I sold it on October 18th... Today is November 17th...

He waited to the LAST POSSIBLE DAY to issue a "defective product" and uploaded no evidence. I doubt I will win because I know how Ebay is, but this really pisses me off. Luckily, I took pictures of it working right before I boxed it up, I should have maybe timestamped them, but while the setup is really janky, it proves the motherboard can POST, which the buyer argued it refused to POST.

I'm really just done with Ebay. I've seen too many of you guys here get screwed, and it just hurts to see. I just wish something can be done about this.

IMG_0139.jpg

Best way to document a product working / existing before shipping is to print out the packing invoice and include it in the screen shot showing the actual sale.

Claiming defective is the battle cry when someone buys the wrong part / is incompetent to trouble shoot properly.

I've taken a couple of returns on a few items that were claimed to be broken or not working and they worked just fine. Most recent was my set of G.Skill 4x8GB b-die sticks. I took them back (what's the use in most cases in not doing it? eBay is going to decide in their favor or their CC will), tested them, showed him they were working. I then asked about his setup. Told him his motherboard is not QVL certified for this memory and helped point him in the right direction. He ended up leaving me positive feedback and PayPal'd me directly all my costs incurred along with an apology.

You can blame eBay, but in any other situation as a seller on any other platform, buyers would have nearly the same power of return if not more especially with a real credit card backing it up.

Hopefully it comes back in the same shape it was sent and the buyer just doesn't know what he's doing.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Bump 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Hwbot Profile

2 hours ago, tps3443 said:

What’s wrong with the DCH Intel drivers for the iGPU? It works freaking great. I can actually run games really slowly at bare minimum performance. 

I’m actually impressed by the Intel UHD 750 that’s on the 11900K. I hit 15,000 in 3DMark Night Raid. It overclocks really really good too, I’m using Windows 11 anyways so I don’t really care what type of drivers they are. 

It is a new Windows 10 standard and it makes the drivers integrated further deep into OS also it makes the OEMs use Store based UWP apps as in it's an option to them (add the bonus telemetry that comes along with the UWP trash) which is why so much of the modern Software packages have a ton of bloat and are more utilizing UWP apps (MSI, ASUS, AW for eg). NVCP with the DCH drivers previously did not ship with NVCP we needed to add it through Store or NVCleanInstall injection, they provide the app now though, still NVCleanInstall is mandatory as the driver has a ton of stupid bloat.

Below is their own documentation mentioning that UWP part more.

• Declarative (D): Install the driver by using only declarative INF directives. Don't include co-installers or RegisterDll functions.

• Componentized (C): Edition-specific, OEM-specific, and optional customizations to the driver are separate from the base driver package. As a result, the base driver, which provides only core device functionality, can be targeted, flighted, and serviced independently from the customizations.

• Hardware Support App (H): Any user interface (UI) component associated with a Windows Driver must be packaged as a Hardware Support App (HSA) or preinstalled on the OEM device. An HSA is an optional device-specific app that's paired with a driver. The application can be a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) or Desktop Bridge app. You must distribute and update an HSA through the Microsoft Store.

And Intel Graphics app is a UWP one not Win32, so lack of proper filesystem for UWP applications  and not easy to hook and mod etc.

• Like 2

Helios (WIP)

i9 10900K // Trident Z Royal C16 4000MHz B-Die 32GB // ASUS Maximus XIII APEX // Noctua DH15 Chromax // RTX3090Ti FE // Alienware 360Hz G-Sync Ultimate IPS FHD // Seasonic Prime TX 1000 Titanium // Fractal Meshify 2XL

Ethereal Ranger

Alienware 17 R1 // i7 4710MQ // 16GB DDR3L 2133MHz // 980M 860M loaner // Windows 8.1

Maybe the few wanted the custom cards instead and let the 4090 FE cards melt? Just say to tech support that you don't dare have this firework in your house anymore so ask them for refund😀 Many have tried make it burn so just ride over on youtube for guides, LOOL

Anyway... Maybe nvidia will post a official mounting guide? The short guide in the GPU box is probably not enough.

And I think its very   needed 🙂

NVIDIA 16-Pin 12VHPWR Cable Connection Guide For GeForce RTX 4090 & RTX 4080 Owners

Btw. Some wonder why... Hmm...why this megathread deleted from main page? Maybe Nvidia reps have asked the mods to hide it?😀 And yep, the mods for the nvidia reddit forum won't tell the truth. Hide it in between a loads of other more or less useless threads, is a smart move.

I remember when the smoking posts pop up first time on reddit. The lead mods closed them one by one in a damn fast speed. Said they added links to them in the mega thread. So No need to post in them. This way... None could post anything in any of them. Nice done.

• Thumb Up 1

38 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Maybe the few wanted the custom cards instead and let the 4090 FE cards melt? Just say to tech support that you don't dare have this firework in your house anymore so ask them for refund😀 Many have tried make it burn so just ride over on youtube for guides, LOOL

Anyway... Maybe nvidia will post a official mounting guide? The short guide in the GPU box is probably not enough.

And I think its very   needed 🙂

NVIDIA 16-Pin 12VHPWR Cable Connection Guide For GeForce RTX 4090 & RTX 4080 Owners

Btw. Some wonder why... Hmm...why this megathread deleted from main page? Maybe Nvidia reps have asked the mods to hide it?😀 And yep, the mods for the nvidia reddit forum won't tell the truth. Hide it in between a loads of other more or less useless threads, is a smart move.

I remember when the smoking posts pop up first time on reddit. The lead mods closed them one by one in a damn fast speed. Said they added links to them in the mega thread. So No need to post in them. This way... None could post anything in any of them. Nice done.

No I get it, the mods over there are full on on the job to detract from the current situation of bad mouthing nvidia. Seen that in full effect, but what wasn't in full effect was a fully seated cable burning which has magically appeared after GN did forensicate testing. could be coincident could be not. Who knows at this point. And I'm sorry, just because people post stuff on the internet I'm just not jumping on board the Jim Jones juice train just because they say it's so.

• Thumb Up 1

Hwbot Profile

4 hours ago, Ashtrix said:

It is a new Windows 10 standard and it makes the drivers integrated further deep into OS also it makes the OEMs use Store based UWP apps as in it's an option to them (add the bonus telemetry that comes along with the UWP trash) which is why so much of the modern Software packages have a ton of bloat and are more utilizing UWP apps (MSI, ASUS, AW for eg). NVCP with the DCH drivers previously did not ship with NVCP we needed to add it through Store or NVCleanInstall injection, they provide the app now though, still NVCleanInstall is mandatory as the driver has a ton of stupid bloat.

Below is their own documentation mentioning that UWP part more.

• Declarative (D): Install the driver by using only declarative INF directives. Don't include co-installers or RegisterDll functions.

• Componentized (C): Edition-specific, OEM-specific, and optional customizations to the driver are separate from the base driver package. As a result, the base driver, which provides only core device functionality, can be targeted, flighted, and serviced independently from the customizations.

• Hardware Support App (H): Any user interface (UI) component associated with a Windows Driver must be packaged as a Hardware Support App (HSA) or preinstalled on the OEM device. An HSA is an optional device-specific app that's paired with a driver. The application can be a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) or Desktop Bridge app. You must distribute and update an HSA through the Microsoft Store.

And Intel Graphics app is a UWP one not Win32, so lack of proper filesystem for UWP applications  and not easy to hook and mod etc.

Excellent technical breakdown on this filth. Thank you.

For those with a short attention span, we can cut to the chase. DCH drivers can be casually described as  Deliberately Crapified Hype produced by degenerate imbeciles for their zombie sheeple herd... which is assumed to always be the case for the projectile-vomited malware  distributed by Micro$lop through the digital cess pool they have dubbed the "Microsoft Store." We are expected to believe they are better just because they say so.

Took about 2 weeks for this to get here. CPU load temps are the same as the OptimusPC Foundation, but it is far less restrictive. My loop flow rate increased by about 40 l/h.

266921274_IMG_20221117_2324381.thumb.jpg.7f56ae2db643415ae35d043024eb910d.jpg

1791878299_IMG_20221118_0147261.thumb.jpg.79f91f4cdb0e37a8dd5fa735d3ec65da.jpg

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 4