NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

Sorry the double post. The previous post had so much info, so....

LOOL. Nvidia downgrade amount vram from 16GB down to 12GB for xx80 Mobile graphics cards. New is always better, LOOOL

image.png.948f987d799782ae2d0952e9ee969b69.png

https://videocardz.com/newz/next-gen-hp-omen-17-gaming-laptop-to-feature-geforce-rtx-4090-16gb-laptop-gpu

This is the proper way to increase the profits. Maybe the next will be a 4090 Ti mobile built on same cut down silicon and same retarded TGP as the 4090 scam version. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Sad 4

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

4 hours ago, Raiderman said:

I may just get a 6950xt, or just stay with my 6600xt. I don't do any 4k gaming, I just play now and then. I was hoping to kind of future proof this rig a little, but I'm not paying those prices for an upper level card. I would have been willing to pay 1000 to 1200.

Just take your time with it. If you're not benching and what you have does what you need it to well enough, save your money and wait for the prices to fall. They probably will. Depending on how long it takes for idiots to max out their credit cards, it might happen sooner or may take a while. I mean who would have thought that I would own a 3060 Ti or that I would entertain the idea of buying an Arc A770? Even I would not have believed it until a year or so ago. When I bought the 3090 KPE and began to reflect on what benefit I got for spending my money (or what little benefit if you look at it that way) it caused me to reflect on things and adjust my perspective. I spent a lot of money and got something that wasn't a whole lot better than ordinary. Based on what I spent, it should have been a golden sample. While it was better than average, it wasn't nearly as special as the price tag would have suggested it should be and less than what I deserved to receive for paying the extra premium.

Do I want a 4090? Hell yeah, of course I do. But, it's a really poor value and unless I got extremely lucky with a golden sample that allowed me to be successful at benching against "the chosen ones" that get cherry-picked silicon for free, chances are fairly good I am going to regret having burned a really huge wad of cash on a run of the mill ego-crazed gamerboy's cracker jack trash card. I'm not saying that my foolish side might not eventually rationalize the decision. That could happen. But, the final outcome (speaking of the regret over the money spent) will probably turn out the same.

13 hours ago, johnksss said:

And so it begins.... They just blocked a bunch of my scores. I think I'm bout done with benching...

Sounds like your disappointment with things is similar to mine. Sorry to hear that, but it is what it is. I never expected it to be cheap, but when you have to pay far too much money to get something that may turn out to be an overpriced piece of garbage, then have the fun taken out of benching on top of that... what's the point? If it isn't fun any more, then I guess there is no point. Fun was the basis for it in the first place. 

3 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Oh then I'm good.... no way I'm heading into Philly area during rush hour traffic. 🤪

Man, that sucks on the scores. 😞

Just wait till after the holidays. If you've gone this long without an upgrade what's a few more months? I won't be buying or doing anything till Feb or most likely March as I'll be on the road for most of Jan, back for a few weeks then right back out for another 2-3 weeks living off my laptop and ipad.

Things will settle down around March (in theory) and I'll see about picking up a new GPU.

6600xt should tide you over till late Q1 2023.

Exactly. Very similar to my comments to Brother @Raiderman. Don't let the money burn a hole in your pocket. Just wait for the kill. You can shoot when you see the whites of their eyes.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 3

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

5 hours ago, Raiderman said:

I dont need no stinking winter tires 🙂

My Truck.jpg

Looks safe! The cars I observed struggling were all moms in sedans. 

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

Intel graphics won't be a option in the nearest future... Because they follow AMD... Focus is "lower power" and or performance-per-watt.. Not the highest possible performance. We can clearly see he comes from AMD the Radeon Technologies Group. Peformance will always come second or last.

Yep, AMD seems to struggle take out max performance in the beginning for their cards. Intel seems to run the same way.

And Nvidia can continue as they do. Deliver performance for premium. 

Did you check out our review of the new RDNA-3-based Radeons yet? Those GPUs are extremely high-powered in every sense, and that means that they're out of reach for the majority of the market. Intel's Raja Koduri apparently intends to target exactly that meaty middle, as he recently told a group of Indian tech....

Intel apparently won't be taking that track. Koduri says that his focus is "lower power" and complained that the high-end has "no limit right now." He has a point, and admits that halo SKUs are good for marketing, but then goes on to say that his priority is "getting that core audience, with one power connector. And that can get you up to 200-225W."

I thought ADA Lovelace is also very efficient? Seems that Frank is grasping at staws while winging it as usual. 

• Thumb Up 5
  • Haha 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

5 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Do I want a 4090? Hell yeah, of course I do. But, it's a really poor value

Maybe a special Radeon Edition is what you should buy? And you get some nice extra (whim-wham) that people are willing to pay for. And they will! But you need to source it up beforehand or have the right contacts. But don't expect golden samples as the Elite benchers always get for free. 

"The special edition comes with some interesting bundle, such as a PowerColor Hellhound coin. The reviewer is comparing it to AMD 50th Anniversary coin featuring Zen2 CPU die." 

7900-HELL-09-700x426.jpg

https://videocardz.com/newz/powercolor-preparing-rx-7900-xtx-hellhound-special-edition

Hellhound=Castrated (Dual 8 pin instead for tripple connector). Maybe they should have brand it instead "Castrated Hellhound"? Unleash The Castrated Gaming Power

5 hours ago, Etern4l said:

I thought ADA Lovelace is also very efficient? Seems that Frank is grasping at staws while winging it as usual. 

Azor or some salesmen can't be trusted. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

8 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Azor or some salesmen can't be trusted. 

I automatically believe the opposite of whatever Azor says. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

• Thumb Up 4

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

Well, the Team Group Delta 7200 A-die was buggy and got refunded by Amazon, but the G.SKILL 7200 looks like it might be a keeper. I haven't started any intense tuning. Here's a down and dirty that passes memory stability testing. Not bad considering some of the timings are still sloppy (set on Auto in the Z690 Dark BIOS). Not too shabby for a $300 A-die kit.

image.thumb.png.adaadd3fbc42b87ab1213e534406d639.png

@Raiderman

My Truck.jpg

Sharp-looking pickup, bro. My favorite color, too. (And, the least appropriate color for the dusty blast furnace that I live in, LOL.)

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 2

Bought all of these 8TB and 4TB NVMe drives during "Black Friday" and they are all about 50 to 100 cheaper now. Newegg nor Amazon will price match their own prices, so I have to return everything. Newegg would, but as store credit only. Luckily, I didn't open anything yet. 

I am loving my A770. It's fun trying to learn how to extract more performance from a new GPU maker's card. I wish someone would release a MorePowerToo appl like AMD has for the A770 though. 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 4

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

With what @Mr. Fox and @johnksss have said, maybe i wont be benching anymore. Sounds like it's going the way everything else is in this world. Limited choice, high prices, rules that only apply after the golden children have uploaded their scores.....smh. Benching was fun as in as little as a few years ago. Silicon released at near max frequencies, gpu's with crappy memory clocking, and being stuck with crappy versions of windows all relates to greedy corporations wanting full control over everything you purchase. Sorry to say, it's only going to get worse.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

8 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

With what @Mr. Fox and @johnksss have said, maybe i wont be benching anymore. Sounds like it's going the way everything else is in this world. Limited choice, high prices, rules that only apply after the golden children have uploaded their scores.....smh. Benching was fun as in as little as a few years ago. Silicon released at near max frequencies, gpu's with crappy memory clocking, and being stuck with crappy versions of windows all relates to greedy corporations wanting full control over everything you purchase. Sorry to say, it's only going to get worse. 

I think that you guys should consider creating a YT channel or video podcast together and talk "shop" about overclocking and other things. If buildzoid can spend three hours talking about the same stick of RAM and gain over 150K subscribers, I sure you guys can do the same. It might even reignite your passions and get you guys a door in.    

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I automatically believe the opposite of whatever Azor says. 

TBH the fact that they hired him kind of reflects poorly on AMD. What has he achieved in those 3 years? Guess may have helped get more AMD-powered laptops to the market? Best case scenario probably.

• Thumb Up 2

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

45 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

I have no idea why editing my above post did what it did.?? Big lo g space....sorry

Are you using a smartphone? Stupid stuff like that happens to me when I do. Simply edit the post and delete all of the extra space.

24 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

TBH the fact that they hired him kind of reflects poorly on AMD. What has he achieved in those 3 years? Guess may have helped get more AMD-powered laptops to the market? Best case scenario probably.

Yes, it absolutely does. They made a very bad decision and it makes them look bad for making it. Whether it was due to being misinformed, or because they enjoy having deceptive people on staff, is anyone's guess.

47 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

It is very discouraging. A big reason for it is that the people in control of everything don't care about enthusiasts, don't share our passion for overclocking and don't really understand what makes us tick. The politically-based cliché applies here as well as politics... "elect a clown, expect a circus" and to that I say "not my circus, not my monkey" LOL. The difference is, we don't get to vote on the clowns that are in control of the technology, so we can't blame our friend and neighbors for the messes their stupid decisions caused.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, johnksss said:

Edit:

And so it begins.... They just blocked a bunch of my scores. I think I'm bout done with benching...

4 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Sounds like your disappointment with things is similar to mine. Sorry to hear that, but it is what it is. I never expected it to be cheap, but when you have to pay far too much money to get something that may turn out to be an overpriced piece of garbage, then have the fun taken out of benching on top of that... what's the point? If it isn't fun any more, then I guess there is no point. Fun was the basis for it in the first place. 

All we have left is buggy software that we are forced to use.... And I wonder what software they will add in to be able to post 3Dmark benchmarks that is already verfied by UL/Futuremark as Valid. A very few top benchers post very buggy benchmarks... Then put all in the same cheaters box beacuse of the very few. 

image.thumb.png.83f1f47f2882c659b66de83d180287e3.png

• Thumb Up 2

34 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Are you using a smartphone? Stupid stuff like that happens to me when I do. Simply edit the post and delete all of the extra space.

Yep, I was using it.

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

4 hours ago, Papusan said:

Sorry the double post. The previous post had so much info, so....

LOOL. Nvidia downgrade amount vram from 16GB down to 12GB for xx80 Mobile graphics cards. New is always better, LOOOL

image.png.948f987d799782ae2d0952e9ee969b69.png

https://videocardz.com/newz/next-gen-hp-omen-17-gaming-laptop-to-feature-geforce-rtx-4090-16gb-laptop-gpu

This is the proper way to increase the profits. Maybe the next will be a 4090 Ti mobile built on same cut down silicon and same retarded TGP as the 4090 scam version. 

My friend bought a fresh BGA book Lenovo Legion 5S, it has 3060 with 6GB lol. Desktop 3060 has 12GB VRAM, literally castrated hardcore for mobile users. And ofc 3060Ti desktop has 8GB only lol, they cut VRAM on the card which can actually utilize the memory 3060TI because of added RT and Shader cores vs 3060 which is a cut edition with higher VRAM and lower performance.

Even bigger joke is this. Upcoming Nvidia RTX 4060Ti, 128Bit memory 8GB lol. Once you enable that RT it will make the user cry. But guess what, the dumb users are fine because they enable that "Upscaler".. Don't believe me ?

Nvidia always - How the Consumers/Dumbsumers are meant to be played.

Check this video, it's the new nobody asked garbage  "Next Gen" update for The Witcher 3 which is actually made for Consoles. All the dead CDPR company staff conjured up a pack with bunch of mods from Nexusmods and add a few of accessibility features and Photo mode, tacked on an RT-GI (only in name lol, because there's no difference) and called it a day.

The result for a 2015 game with 2022 patch is RTX3080 4K performance dropped from 100FPS (Techpowerup) to 20-30 WITH DLSS (Upcaling the 1080P -> 4K).  Yeah the uploader mentions as some Day 0 and not Day 1 patch, so Day 1 is not going to magically make the GPU performance go from 30FPS to 70FPS with DLSS. And yea there's not a worthy difference at all, oh the Water just got SSR update it's not Ray Tracing. Even with YT Compression we can  see there's absolutely no difference worthy to get a damn 70-80% performance castration.

Note - The below frame is not there in the video I just had to cut an image and paste on other to get the side by side comparison as the file size limit was at 4.88MB and both go upwards of 6MB. Yes the new patch has some new Weather so the Skybox is not same. But you can check yourself and pixel peep to find a diff that was posted. Yes, the Grass texture is higher why ? because the Update applies HalkHogan's HD Reworked Mod, and that mod has no significant effect on the GPUs likes of 3080 causing FPS drop if you do it by yourself on the current version of the game. And there's no RT Shadows either to cast grass shadow FX. So all in all a garbage performance loss with zero worthiness.

There's a CDPR play here too since post Witcher 3 all talent left which is why they axed RED Engine now, next butchered Witcher (Netflix already raped it, this patch even has a crappy DLC from that garbage show) is in Unreal Engine 5, and ofc Cyberjunk 2020 was hardcore busted because of same reason still the RT FX is nothing is my point.

image.thumb.png.ebbe159c9679a09a787594d3ad63d830.png

And Nvidia is not going to save all the wideband midrangers with cancerous products but only give them castrated ones and call it a day, according to the buyers.

See the comments how people are okay with this, are happy with their high end 12700K + 3080 with 60FPS, like wtf, you paid a ton of money and just want a Console Box performance ? Like what about that G-Sync screen you got at 144Hz refresh rate ? Pointless for that useless BS called Ray Tracing I guess, Oh it's a free update so all is fine from hundreds of FPS to double digits below 60FPS.

The reason I called it as Console update because they do not have modding nor any of the mods, plus Pascal Gilcher's Reshade RT OR Nvidia's trash GeForced Experience has the same RT Filter with minimal performance loss. So basically packed all good things on PC and gave them to console and de-optimized trash for PC users. Win-Win to many because glorious Ray Tracing is here to save their day.

Do not forget the game with new "next gen patch" now has TAA mandatory because of DLSS / FSR. Older Witcher 3 never had any Temporal AA blur cancer fest. So people now updated will have a blurry trash even with or without RT, and with low end / mid range they will enable upscaling because piss poor optimization for - shimmering, flickering, ghosting for that glorious FPS.

This is the state of Gaming industry and GPU market which is my I'm beyond disgusted at the new scam low fidelity trash practices.

• Thumb Up 6
  • Like 1

Helios (WIP)

i9 10900K // Trident Z Royal C16 4000MHz B-Die 32GB // ASUS Maximus XIII APEX // Noctua DH15 Chromax // RTX3090Ti FE // Alienware 360Hz G-Sync Ultimate IPS FHD // Seasonic Prime TX 1000 Titanium // Fractal Meshify 2XL

Ethereal Ranger

Alienware 17 R1 // i7 4710MQ // 16GB DDR3L 2133MHz // 980M 860M loaner // Windows 8.1

Hot  off the presses, with Vince talking about EVGA's GPU secrets.

Different topic...

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Well, the Team Group Delta 7200 A-die was buggy and got refunded by Amazon, but the G.SKILL 7200 looks like it might be a keeper. I haven't started any intense tuning. Here's a down and dirty that passes memory stability testing. Not bad considering some of the timings are still sloppy (set on Auto in the Z690 Dark BIOS). Not too shabby for a $300 A-die kit.

PmbV4PZ.png

ttps://hwbot.org/submission/5143023_mr._fox_aida64___memory_read_ddr5_sdram_129455_points

image_id_2815996.jpeg

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Papusan said:

Yep, when I finally get a new card (mamy years since I bought brand new)... And of course it had to be a mess with new tech as ECC and hwbot. Isn't it typical? I have a lot more fun benching the old. No fuss. And the mods can't remove legit scores.

I did a clean install of latest Nvidia driver with NVCleanstall after cleaning up with DDU. I see ECC support in NCP is enabled by default now. I mean this was disabled in older drivers by default. Can other confirm this? If so, I wonder why Nvidia changed default settings for ECC to enabled. Thanks.

And UL/Futuremark released a new System info. I wonder if this one will have a drawback after all the talk with Hwbot. Not the first time Futuremark screw up own software,

• Thumb Up 1

7 hours ago, Papusan said:

I did a clean install of latest Nvidia driver with NVCleanstall after cleaning up with DDU. I see ECC support in NCP is enabled by default now. I mean this was disabled in older drivers by default. Can other confirm this? If so, I wonder why Nvidia changed default settings for ECC to enabled. Thanks.

And UL/Futuremark released a new System info. I wonder if this one will have a drawback after all the talk with Hwbot. Not the first time Futuremark screw up own software,

Probably to increase performance to look better for marketing purposes. Harder to demonstrate value and sell grossly overpriced products when the price difference for the less expensive overpriced products has a smaller performance gap.

I think everyone got "talked out" in the HWBOT thread. Decisions were made by the people with the power to make them who made an "executive decision" how to handle it in the way that best served their own interests. Bad decisions made by bad people wrongly gifted with authority seems to be the new normal no matter what the subject matter or the realm of authority.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

The 7900 XTX AIB cards are hitting 3.2Ghz (and these aren't even the best AIB cards). Apparently, AMD left A LOT of performance on the table, in the name of being "energy efficient". These cards with waterblocks are going to shine....crossing my fingers if we can use the MorePowerTool

I am almost sold on the 7900 XTX once I see some waterblocks for AIB cards.  

• Thumb Up 6

On 12/12/2022 at 5:51 PM, Mr. Fox said:

Out of all of the air-cooled 4090 cards I think it is the nicest looking as well. I'm not buying one because they're just too damned expensive to entertain the idea, but if I were going to I would probably go with that one. The money saved can be put toward a waterblock.

I like how the Zotac looks as well, but then the Suprim X is growing on me also.🙂

On 12/12/2022 at 6:28 PM, Papusan said:

I will do my due dilligence. But have you a few options that could be ok?

I know KFA2 4090 is made by Galax. But not if Galax will let it get the love. I think this models have an capped TDP. But previous models was ok.

I wonder what Hwbot will do with the cheater series cards scores. We have now 4080 and 4090. Sonn will Nvidia push out the other models. And what with AMDs new cards? I wonder what flaws they will provide for benchmarks. But it amusing that U/L Futuremark allow ECC for benches while the bot ban it. I would never think this could ever happen.

Edit. Improved Superposition 8K Optimized score🙂

https://hwbot.org/submission/5142289_papusan_unigine_superposition___8k_optimized_geforce_rtx_4090_15938_points?recalculate=true

2815264.jpg

https://hwbot.org/submission/5142304_papusan_3dmark_vantage___extreme_geforce_rtx_4090_146589_marks?recalculate=true

2815270.jpg

Looks like quite a few cheater scores are still up and going strong. 

On 12/13/2022 at 1:35 AM, Papusan said:

Thanks bro John. Galax is excluded. We have never seen this brand here home. Even a big store as Caseking in Germany (de8auers shop) don't offer this card. The same can I say for the FE here home. Nothing there either. But lot Zotac (the boat) and gainward. As well Palit and Suprim X Liquid. The store I bought my MSI card had 60 of the X Liquid on Friday. + a few other models. All is sold out now. But you can stil grab loads of 4080, LOOL

Yep, when I finally get a new card (mamy years since I bought brand new)... And of course it had to be a mess with new tech as ECC and hwbot. Isn't it typical? I have a lot more fun benching the old. No fuss. And the mods can't remove legit scores.

Some of topic. England enjoy the small TROLL. Not the big one as here home. Yep, my place is right outside Trondheim city.

British extreme weather has been named the "Troll of Trondheim"

A troll from Trondheim makes the British grind their teeth. The snowy weather also creates challenges at the airport near London
https://www.nrk.no/trondelag/troll-of-trondheim_-ekstremvaer-i-storbritannia-kalles-troll-from-trondheim-eller-troll-of-trondheim-1.16215866

This is the real Troll. I was just out with the car. Minus 25C today. And this weather will be here at least one week more. I hate it. Not good for my broken lungs.  And no sun on the days neither will help on the mood/health. The days forwards to Christmas holidays consist mostly of the dreaded northern darkness and cold. Not a nice place to be here right now. 

image.png.b1157fb95ce07f5f174f797e1129ca9d.png

image.png.e57d6ff44dec7984a74235d530c04955.png

The latest weather forecast says it will be freezing cold on Christmas Eve/Christmas holidays here home around Trondheim. Yep, I can't see much of the climate change people talk a lot about. At least not here home. So, please send me some warning sun from the other side of the big Atlantic ocean.

Older hardware is much more satisfying when you have a new base (Motherboard/cpu/memory) product to run it with.

And as ECC goes I can live with it as long as they remove everyone else in question. I would rather have it that way to begin with, but dont start with me first on the damn chopping block!😂

23 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Oh then I'm good.... no way I'm heading into Philly area during rush hour traffic. 🤪

Man, that sucks on the scores. 😞

That was actually your cue to leave when it was posted. So you could beat the traffic.😁

Thanks...😢

21 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I'm kind of over it, but glad my money in this is movable, so not as mad as one could be.

• Like 2
  • Bump 1

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

3 hours ago, Rage Set said:

The 7900 XTX AIB cards are hitting 3.2Ghz (and these aren't even the best AIB cards). Apparently, AMD left A LOT of performance on the table, in the name of being "energy efficient". These cards with waterblocks are going to shine....crossing my fingers if we can use the MorePowerTool

Take it as rumours. And the article below was written before the Radeon 7900 series was tested during launch.

Maybe this card below was the reason nvidia pumped up the cooling and pushed out 4090 in the shape it has (up to 600W TGP). With no pressure from AMD we would see 4090 cards with lesser thermal headroom (cheaper cooling) and hence lower TGP power for the OC power slider. Probably same as for 3090.

And It looks like the Radeon cards have bigger OC headroom than nvidia 4000 series cards. Nvidia pumped up higher boost clocks as default (so less OC headroom).

Revised Navi 31-based RX 7990 XTX, RX 7950 XTX, and RX 7950 XT with up to 3.6 GHz clock speeds and 3D V-Cache could be in the works
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Revised-Navi-31-based-RX-7990-XTX-RX-7950-XTX-and-RX-7950-XT-with-up-to-3-6-GHz-clock-speeds-and-3D-V-Cache-could-be-in-the-works.671239.0.html

3 hours ago, johnksss said:

And as ECC goes I can live with it as long as they remove everyone else in question. I would rather have it that way to begin with, but dont start with me first on the damn chopping block!😂

I mean the graphics cards should be tested as they are setup in NCP. In the old days we had special rules for those that come in between top 20. The mod team inspected these results more carefully. But when newbies with better binned HW steal the places from the top benchers, something had to be done.

Even today they ask for more proof than the rules say if you post an fantastic score in Global benchmarks. And they'll can ask for more proof if they see something is weird or the scores is very good. Sometimes they demand videos of the bench. In worst case you need to redo the bench even if the former results was correct. 

3 hours ago, johnksss said:

Looks like quite a few cheater scores are still up and going strong. 

The fun part... The thread starter (nr1 bencher) for the "cheat graphics problems thread" posted benchmarks with ECC disabled. And that, days after he+ the mod team by own hands pushed out the new rules and said you risk be banned if you don't remove your old scores within one week yourself. 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Haha 1

Yes these 7900xtx cards are overclocking like crazy but there is a strange behavior where if you go past a point you get less performance. AMD needs to get the drivers in shape. Think after some maturity of drivers these cards will unleash almost 4090 performance across the board.

Yes, as I expected, our performance was again limited by the power limit of the card. To make it simple, from a certain frequency, and even if it is stable, the performances are less good. Look on this picture, the Boost frequency reaches 2859 MHz and yet my graphic score is only 27661 points while at the origin, without overclocking, it is 29864 points!

https://en.overclocking.com/review-powercolor-rx-7900-xtx-red-devil-limited-edition/9/?amp=1

LE: What a shitty 7900xtx launch we had, i cannot find any Sapphire 7900xtx Nitro in whole Europe, or any good AIB  cards..

• Thumb Up 2
  • Sad 2

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

2 hours ago, Rage Set said:

29 minutes ago, cylix said:

Yes these 7900xtx cards are overclocking like crazy but there is a strange behavior where if you go past a point you get less performance. AMD needs to get the drivers in shape. Think after some maturity of drivers these cards will unleash almost 4090 performance across the board.

Yes, as I expected, our performance was again limited by the power limit of the card. To make it simple, from a certain frequency, and even if it is stable, the performances are less good. Look on this picture, the Boost frequency reaches 2859 MHz and yet my graphic score is only 27661 points while at the origin, without overclocking, it is 29864 points!

https://en.overclocking.com/review-powercolor-rx-7900-xtx-red-devil-limited-edition/9/?amp=1

I keep going back and forth on the 7900xtx but more forward than backwards. I really like the Nitro+ model for air cooled along with the TUF for some reason (go figure) but any 2x PCIe models are automatically sent to /dev/null all 3x models are on the consideration chart. 7900xt is a non-starter in any configuration even with a price drop.

As for reduced performance, just like CPUs at a certain point all types of variables start to come into play when you're pushing it to its edge from memory errors to CPU oddly throttling due to need of better cooling. Put it on water or LN2 and many of those problems would resolve themselves.

The sheer amount of headroom does really seem to indicate a lot of performance was left on the table and AIBs are going to have a field day along with blocks.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)