NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

4 hours ago, Papusan said:

They should have been $699 and $799 cards. This is awful news for gamers. AMD just go the same route as Nvidia and push xx80 SKU's nearer 1000$.

AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX and XT Review: Shooting for the Top RDNA 3 dons a halo for its coming out party tomshardware.com

1 hour ago, electrosoft said:

My takeaway of the 7900 (xtx) reviews I've watched so far.....

From the article from Tomshardware...

That's what we used to see: a big jump in price for the final, relatively small performance increase. Both Nvidia and now AMD have apparently ditched that approach this generation.

We can't help but think the past two years of GPU shortages has led some of the bean counters into thinking graphics cards should cost more. Street prices are likely to be over $1,000 for most of the 7900 series custom AIB designs, unless the supply is so good that it outstrips demand.

• Sad 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

5 minutes ago, Papusan said:

AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX and XT Review: Shooting for the Top RDNA 3 dons a halo for its coming out party tomshardware.com

That's what we used to see: a big jump in price for the final, relatively small performance increase. Both Nvidia and now AMD have apparently ditched that approach this generation.

We can't help but think the past two years of GPU shortages has led some of the bean counters into thinking graphics cards should cost more. Street prices are likely to be over $1,000 for most of the 7900 series custom AIB designs, unless the supply is so good that it outstrips demand.

If sales are slow that could also drive lower prices as we saw with AM5 CPUs.

But for under a grand, right now the RX 7900 XTX delivers plenty to like and at least keeps pace with the more expensive RTX 4080. All you have to do is lose a good sized chunk of ray tracing performance, and hope that FSR2 can continue catching up to DLSS. 

Oh, is that all? [sarcasm]

• Haha 4

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

22 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Really? What? That is so weird. It seems contrary to common sense, doesn't it?

I wonder if this could be a symptom of a faulty manufacturing/soldering process like with Roman's defective Strix 4090? Higher temperatures may help mitigate the poor connection and colder temperatures exacerbate it.

I think part of it is the desire to avoid risk and drama, so many pay extra (way too much extra even) to spare themselves of the nonsense that AMD has a reputation for. I know for me it has nothing to do with brand and everything to do with regrettable past ownership experience.

I also question whether AMD is in their right mind for even offering it. Seems pretty stupid. They are picking up bad habits from the Green Goblin.

ha ikr, counter-intuitive indeed. the only comparison that comes to mind are flash based NAND chips that dont like being too cold either. i sure hope this has nothing to do with Roman's Strix 4090 experience, cuz that would mean there is something systematic going on across all brands and models of the 4090. OC.net users are pretty aligned on that vRAM finding representing cards from all vendors, basically...

17 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

What is even more sad is that many, if not most, sheeple are accepting of this utter bullcrap. Laptops have been around for how many years, and never needed to have soldered filth because of being moved around. People that believe nonsense like this are as dumb as a box of rocks, and the people that tell them nonsense like this are evil and dishonest. They can't be honest about it because the accurate answer would just make everyone angry... even the stupid ones drinking the Kool-Aid that seem to enjoy being sodomized.

but but but....what if i wanna do skydiving with my laptop?!? or go into an astronaut centrifuge at full speed while holding my laptop in front of me with bootom cover removed and SO-DIMMS dangling loosely in their sockets?! surely THEN soldered RAM will have its shining moment, no? 

10] Guy | Know Your Meme

13 hours ago, Papusan said:

Here one more video brother Electro. My very first video on YouTube🤪 And this is not a video about shoes but a Hell lot noise. See my reply below and you can connect the dots😎 Please sub on my channel and click on the like button, LOOL

image.thumb.png.06511a712c64cc3358f24d3356d65ae7.png

I'm sure I can do +90db. And I still hear the awful sound in my head even after the pc is turned ofCIGAR.gif.2b8a33d6bb99b10e2acd1e1a2145e49c.gif You still want them bro @tps3443? Maybe buy18 of them. They are damn cheap, but awful sound and most likly not the best cooling I have seen. Now you are warned.

image.png.8cd2451b77d1b69ecf72398437481dcc.png

The fan from HELL. This 4000 rpm server fan is loud. But not so so it is more powerful than my Noctua 3000 and 3000 rpm EK-Vardar Furious.

image.png.f8d78b2c96e7a1720f583ef145499c57.png

geeez dude, if ever ive seen a more perfect FUNCTION OVER FORM declaration than this one 🤣

6 hours ago, Talon said:

RIP The Hype. 

6 hours ago, cylix said:

Looks like xtx is trading blows with 4080 and keeping the fight with RT on at a 200 300 $ Cheaper.  But if nvidia reduces the 4080 Price i dont see AMD well..

only saving grace here is that AMD can produce their chiplet cards waaay cheaper than monolithic Lovelace, so more buffer to counteract price drops by the green team.

6 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I ordered a kit of Team Group Delta 7200 A-die. It is being returned for a refund. It is unstable and fails memory tests with errors and BSOD on both of my Z690 systems running at rated settings and only worsens with tuning efforts. Oddly enough, my M-die can run all of the Delta 7200 timings at 7200 with no errors and higher read, write, copy speeds and lower latency. My manual overclock of the M-die at 6800 performs as well or better than their XMP profile. The only way I could get it stable was to reduce the speed to 6800 and then it was slower than my generic M-die.

I have had several TG Delta M-die kits that were fantastic, but this Delta A-die kit is rubbish. Kind of disappointing that it is not as good as my generic green M-die.

DDR5-8000 kits just became available here in Europe, crazy stuff...

4 hours ago, Rage Set said:

What I gather from all of these 7900 XTX reviews is that AMD does, in fact, challenge the 4080 in everything besides RT. We all expected that.

What I find interesting is no one is talking about the frequency these cards are hitting. They are averaging 2.675 at stock. I have yet to see an overclock video on the XTX but based on the evidence and if you can use the MorePowerTool/Red BIOS Editor, I am sure these things are going to hit over 3k. 

Now I am a bit more interested in these cards than before.

dude, with linear scaling and an added 10-15% that would completely change things!

4 hours ago, cylix said:

Yes at this price point with the 4080 still being 1200 dollar msrp the 7900xtx is better,  rasterization is on paar or better in 4k, power draw is the same as last generation and a little higher as 4080 and RT while still behind is way better as last gen and playable.

I want to see what the AIB are bringing in terms of clocks,  i expect the cooling to be eay better with those 3 slot heatsinks.

I have decided i will get the sapphire nitro if its available and i can get one ahead os scalpers

awesome man, keep us in the loop on how ur plan is going 🙂 i wanna see such cards in real user hands!

4 hours ago, Papusan said:

Imagine 36 of them at full speed for benching😁

Yes, these fans are really noisy with a terrible screeching sound. As far away in quality and sound level as you can get vs. 3000rpm Noctua IPC and EK-Furious Vardar EVO 120 (3000rpm). They move a lot of air but think they are weaker vs mentioned if I set them to 3000 rpm. Each fan draws around 10w. So with a 1000D chassis that would mean 36 fans and 360w, LOOL
And then imagine the sound level with 36 of them screeching at 4000 rpm

https://hwbot.org/submission/5141617_papusan_3dmark2001_se_geforce_rtx_4090_207178_marks

2814634.jpg

https://hwbot.org/submission/5141547_papusan_3dmark03_geforce_rtx_4090_337437_marks

2814589.jpg

https://hwbot.org/submission/5141615_papusan_unigine_superposition___1080p_xtreme_geforce_rtx_4090_24764_points

2814631.jpg

https://hwbot.org/submission/5141450_papusan_3dmark___time_spy_extreme_geforce_rtx_4090_19708_marks

2814540.jpg

Finally under 100th on hwbot 🙂  Papusan @ HWBOT 

image.png.fdb26a9dfb831d2c2d46b6460582f3c3.png

The only good with this, is more options to the people. And this may help Nvidia to change their awful prices for mid high end. And $1000 is even all too much. But this AMD launch won't speed up the release of 4090 Ti. Amd just released a 1000$ card that should cost 699-799$ USD.

damn dude, impressive ranking! congratz on that, tons of hard work (and fun!) has gone into that, u make us proud 🙂 

3 hours ago, Ashtrix said:

So 7900XTX is a maxed out silicon and 4090 is way too fast to fight. the price is less vs 4080 but I kinda wished AMD did not hold the damn Clock at sub 3GHz while their GPU Arch is explicitly states as designed for 3GHz that's a bummer they should have made a GPU variant with massive 3GHz clock rate.

Official slide by AMD for RDNA3 stating about 3GHz clockrate. 2nd point

image.thumb.png.3f9f7af845310d27026949a21a3ba5ad.png

with regards to AMD sandbagging the clocks: im guessing it still wasnt enough to beat the 4090, so instead they went the "efficiency" route, yelling: HA HA! look at those silly overbuild, overpriced, over-energy-consuming ndgreedia cards that dont fit in your case and set your house on fire! better take our safe bet cards instead!

• Thumb Up 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

28 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Don't forget the effects of strong demand from the Data Centres, as well as the overall ongoing semiconductor shortage situation. 

https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/latest-numbers-automotive-microchip-shortage-75

• Thumb Up 2

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

59 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Don't forget the effects of strong demand from the Data Centres, as well as the overall ongoing semiconductor shortage situation. 

https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/latest-numbers-automotive-microchip-shortage-75

I find this article and other continued chip shortages news articles as misleading. As a moderate conservative, I am all for companies making profit, but if these companies think I am going to continue to let them use chip shortages as means for them to continue pad their fat wallets, they have another thing coming. 

It's like the car manufacturers are completely blind to how other industries are taking hit after hit in revenue. The smart companies are building products that are affordable in today's market conditions, taking small hits to high profit margins in order survive this recession. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 4

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

14 hours ago, Papusan said:

Here one more video brother Electro. My very first video on YouTube🤪 And this is not a video about shoes but a Hell lot noise. See my reply below and you can connect the dots😎 Please sub on my channel and click on the like button, LOOL

image.thumb.png.06511a712c64cc3358f24d3356d65ae7.png

I'm sure I can do +90db. And I still hear the awful sound in my head even after the pc is turned ofCIGAR.gif.2b8a33d6bb99b10e2acd1e1a2145e49c.gif You still want them bro @tps3443? Maybe buy18 of them. They are damn cheap, but awful sound and most likly not the best cooling I have seen. Now you are warned.

image.png.8cd2451b77d1b69ecf72398437481dcc.png

The fan from HELL. This 4000 rpm server fan is loud. But not so so it is more powerful than my Noctua 3000 and 3000 rpm EK-Vardar Furious.

image.png.f8d78b2c96e7a1720f583ef145499c57.png

1 hour ago, jaybee83 said:

geeez dude, if ever ive seen a more perfect FUNCTION OVER FORM declaration than this one 🤣

Sorry all. My first video on youtube and I forgot allow comments. Yeep, I'm newbie, LOOL

It's open now for those of you that want to add a comment on the screemy fan. 

I like form over function. Have always done.  But with all the noise around 90db I expect to get mooore cooling performance from it😁 And the sound is awful. Probably one of the worst I have heard. And it come for cheap. Always a reason for that.

• Thumb Up 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

10 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Sorry all. My first videon on youtube and I forgot allow comments. It's open now for those of you that want add an cooment on the screemy fan. 

I like form over function. Have always done.  But with all the noise around 90db I expect to get mooore cooling performance from it😁 And the sound is awful. Probably one of the worst I have heard. And it come for cheap. Always a reason for that.

C'mon now... we know you value function over form. You should. I do, too. Form is nice. Function is essential. Balance is nice when you can achieve it.

But, those fans are just ridiculous, LOL. I would even go as far to say so ridiculous that function is impaired. The unbearable noise is a functionality limitation. You have to run the fans slower to not have your ears bleed and that reduces their capacity.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

18 minutes ago, Rage Set said:

I find this article and other continued chip shortages news articles as misleading. As a moderate conservative, I am all for companies making profit, but if these companies think I am going to continue to let them use chip shortages as means for them to continue pad their fat wallets, they have another thing coming. 

It's like the car manufacturers are completely blind to how other industries are taking hit after hit in revenue. The smart companies are building products that are affordable in today's market conditions, taking small hits to high profit margins in order survive this recession. 

Well, we could of course blame the various industries for not adapting to the situation, for example, by using fewer chips - although in my mind it would make only a bit more sense than blaming the gamers for their excessive FPS expectations. The fact remains that semiconductor prices are still elevated, there are supply shortages etc. and all of this continues to hit end users from various angles, unfortunately. The long-term solution is to build more semiconductor plants, as per the recent effort in Arizona, but in the short term we just have to bear the pain.

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

5 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Wow... still down?!? Seems like something more than "service enhancements" because it is taking a crazy long time. Wonder what the deal is? Maybe trying to keep the lid on something they don't want exposed for discussion in their forum? Or, maybe a mishap that wiped everything out? Neither one would be good.

image.png.f5da847b85157ed5a62258ed2cf4851d.png

I may be wrong, but word on the street says they are migrating their current servers for the forums and reworking the forums. Take this with a grain of salt though...

Clevo P870TM-G: Core i7 8700k @ 4.8ghz | Clevo GTX 1080 | 32gb HyperX DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 17" 1440p 120hz B173QTN01.0 Screen | 256gb Samsung 850 EVO | 500gb WD Blue SSD | 1tb Samsung 870 QVO | 2tb Seagate 5400rpm HDD | Prema BIOS

Alienware 17 R1: Core i7 4710mq @ 3.619ghz 741 CBR15 (834 CBR15 @ 4.213ghz) | Dell GTX 860m | 16gb HyperX DDR3L @ 2133mhz | 17" 3D 120hz LTN173HT02-T01 Screen | 256gb mSATA SSD

Asus Zephyrus G14: Ryzen 7 4800hs @ 4.2ghz | GTX 1650 | 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 14" 120hz LM140LF1F01 Screen | 512gb NVME SSD

I think the word on the street is they messed it up and are now trying to recover it....Based on my migration experiences over the past 20 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Bump 1

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

@electrosoft Does your ARC Control panel have manual fan control? Apparently, Intel took out manual fan control but they are still displaying images of the software with fan control on their website. I tried MSI Afterburner but that allows zero control of ARC. Maybe I am missing something. 

• Thumb Up 2

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

8 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

C'mon now... we know you value function over form. You should. I do, too. Form is nice. Function is essential. Balance is nice when you can achieve it.

But, those fans are just ridiculous, LOL. I would even go as far to say so ridiculous that function is impaired. The unbearable noise is a functionality limitation. You have to run the fans slower to not have your ears bleed and that reduces their capacity.

If I run them slower they lose it's value, but my ears will suffer. And that means I will be deaf long before the Christmas Eve bells ring in🤪 Try beat the 104.8 db records, brothers. See how long you will accept the awful noise at your pc desk. Even headphones isn't enough for this. A couple of benchmarks run is already too much before you go right on the wall, LOOL

Imagine a few more of these fans in the 1000D...

image.png.f382f9d54a228f2abce358cfea2708c8.png

And I'm sure none of the new modern white fancy overpriced (Apple) headphones would help much.

I don't think my ears can handle more benchmarks today. But reached 83th on the bot Papusan @ HWBOT  And 2nd in the Enthusiasts league🙂

https://hwbot.org/submission/5142135_papusan_unigine_superposition___8k_optimized_geforce_rtx_4090_15410_points

2815197.jpg

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 1

New 13900K allows 6.3Ghz single threaded!! Woot woot!! 6.3Ghz on (4)) cores is very solid. I am still tuning it up though. 5.7Ghz and 5.8Ghz all cores are very efficient so far. I have maximum V-Droop set, so under a heavy R23 load it drops down to around 1.23V making an overclock like this possible.

Wanna hear something crazy? This chip is an SP121 P-Core CPU, but it’s also a Force 135 😳 the idle bios voltage is drastically higher than my last chip. So, I’m thinking that’s where the force rating comes in to play from. My Force 124 could never run 6.3Ghz on a single core without an immediate BSOD in windows let alone (2) cores or (3) cores or more. 

After getting this chip, I no longer trust the MSI FORCE2 rating. My very first chip was a Force 134 and I feel like that CPU was probably a very high SP rating. 

Moral of the story. Test your CPU’s manually!! Of (5) 13900K’s this is the only chip that can run 6.3Ghz+ reliably. But it has a Force rating of 135 lol.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 2

13900KF

Picked up an MSRP Zotac 4090 for my brother last week from Microcenter. Managed to reserve one online when a single one popped around 1030pm. Picked it up the next morning. His shitty MSRP Zotac boosts higher out of box than both my Strix OC and FE card at 2775Mhz stock. Had him do the desktop VRAM test today on the desktop and he was able to easily max out the +2000Mhz VRAM slider in MSI Afterburner with no issues. We got him the 2 year warranty and the card has a dual BIOS so will be flashing that crappy 450w limited vBIOS soon. The VRM while shit should not have any issue pushing 500-600w. Kinda crazy how the cheapest of cheap-o cards gets the silicon gold VRAM. This should not be the case! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

1 minute ago, Talon said:

Picked up an MSRP Zotac 4090 for my brother last week from Microcenter. Managed to reserve one online when a single one popped around 1030pm. Picked it up the next morning. His shitty MSRP Zotac boosts higher out of box than both my Strix OC and FE card at 2775Mhz stock. Had him do the desktop VRAM test today on the desktop and he was able to easily max out the +2000Mhz VRAM slider in MSI Afterburner with no issues. We got him the 2 year warranty and the card has a dual BIOS so will be flashing that crappy 450w limited vBIOS soon. The VRM while shit should not have any issue pushing 500-600w. Kinda crazy how the cheapest of cheap-o cards gets the silicon gold VRAM. This should not be the case! 

That’s straight up bonkers right there man. Can’t believe the ZOTAC 4090 is doing that well. 

13900KF

2 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

New 13900K allows 6.3Ghz single threaded!! Woot woot!! 6.3Ghz on (4)) cores is very solid. I am still tuning it up though. 5.7Ghz and 5.8Ghz all cores are very efficient so far. 

Wanna hear something crazy? This chip is an SP121, but it’s also a Force 135 😳 the idle bios voltage is drastically higher than my last chip. So, I’m thinking that’s where the force rating comes in to play from. My Force 124 could never run 6.3Ghz on a single core without an immediate BSOD in windows let alone (2) cores or (3) cores. 

After getting this chip, I no longer trust the MSI FORCE2 rating. My very first chip was a Force 134 and I feel like that CPU was probably a very high SP rating. 

Moral of the story. Test your CPU’s manually!! Of (5) 13900K’s this is the only chip that can run 6.3Ghz+ reliably. But it has a Force rating of 135 lol.

6.3Ghz, Jesus that is insane. 

My theory on the Intel Raptor Lake Refresh is that were going to see higher clocks, more cache?, and likely lower power overall due to DLVR that was fused off by Intel even though it was there originally. Asus has left DLVR in the BIOS in case of "future chip support". Well, now that we know Raptor Lake Refresh is inbound, it would seem Intel plans to use DLVR for desktop refresh. 

• Thumb Up 4
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

2 minutes ago, Talon said:

Don't hate on the Zotac "trash" card. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

1 minute ago, johnksss said:

It's the second Zotac MSRP 4090 I've seen that easily hits 2000+ VRAM. Another guy I know can do +2200 on his Zotac. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1
Spoiler

1 minute ago, Talon said:

It's the second Zotac MSRP 4090 I've seen that easily hits 2000+ VRAM. Another guy I know can do +2200 on his Zotac. 

Mine was a 1700+ So I felt pretty damn lucky after getting a 1200+ card.

• Like 3
  • Bump 1

Hwbot Profile

59 minutes ago, Rage Set said:

36 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Well, we could of course blame the various industries for not adapting to the situation, for example, by using fewer chips - although in my mind it would make only a bit more sense than blaming the gamers for their excessive FPS expectations. The fact remains that semiconductor prices are still elevated, there are supply shortages etc. and all of this continues to hit end users from various angles, unfortunately. The long-term solution is to build more semiconductor plants, as per the recent effort in Arizona, but in the short term we just have to bear the pain.

The "shortage" we are facing now is new product/demand shortage and it will even out like it always does. Sooner than later this time around without previous conditions and a downturn in worldwide market economical forces. I'm not seeing anything different or what is to be expected. I do see Nvidia still hoping to somehow re-catch and ride the wave of the PandoCryptic demand wave.

We are seeing first hand what happens when pricing meets a wall (4080 / 7000 series CPUs) and just like that POOF prices come down and/or availability really isn't an issue. In some countries 4090s are readily available. eBay prices for most cards are stagnant and I can go buy just about any 4090 I want right now for ~20-50% markup if so want. Before? 3090's were all above $3k on average and selling almost immediately for over a year+ steady.

Right now the only thing truly in "Shortage" is the 4090 and that is still within 2 months of launch and the holiday season and only in certain regions.

The situation isn't dire at all. It is a game of Nvidia realizing the market conditions they absolutely loved a year ago are gone and they don't want to let go but they will have to adjust corporate markets/customers or not. We are early into ADA (literally at the 2 month mark) and things can and will saturate.

Arizona is more a response to the inevitable end game with China which is not going to end pretty and setting up fall back solutions. There's a reason companies like Apple and others are starting to diversify their chip and assembly options to other countries. This is like Japan in the 80s and 90s but on a much grander scale. Japan was never a military threat...just a massive trade imbalance threat.

• Thumb Up 3

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

32 minutes ago, Rage Set said:

@electrosoft Does your ARC Control panel have manual fan control? Apparently, Intel took out manual fan control but they are still displaying images of the software with fan control on their website. I tried MSI Afterburner but that allows zero control of ARC. Maybe I am missing something. 

I just checked both my A380 and A770 builds. A380 is running older drivers and A770 new drivers and I see zero fan controls just fan reporting options.

• Thumb Up 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

12 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

New 13900K allows 6.3Ghz single threaded!! Woot woot!! 6.3Ghz on (4)) cores is very solid. I am still tuning it up though. 5.7Ghz and 5.8Ghz all cores are very efficient so far. I have maximum V-Droop set, so under a heavy R23 load it drops down to around 1.23V making an overclock like this possible.

Wanna hear something crazy? This chip is an SP121 P-Core CPU, but it’s also a Force 135 😳 the idle bios voltage is drastically higher than my last chip. So, I’m thinking that’s where the force rating comes in to play from. My Force 124 could never run 6.3Ghz on a single core without an immediate BSOD in windows let alone (2) cores or (3) cores or more. 

I never did trust MSI Force Rating to be honest with you...... it needs work. Asus SP has been around for quite some time and once in a blue moon a BIOS update will offer a refinement to the process as data continues to pour in.

As for that chip, very nice. 🙂

10 minutes ago, Talon said:

Silicon lottery in play even with the @johnksss "Zotrash" line up! I wish there was a company that would bin GPUs like SL did for CPUs.

8 minutes ago, Talon said:

6.3Ghz, Jesus that is insane. 

My theory on the Intel Raptor Lake Refresh is that were going to see higher clocks, more cache?, and likely lower power overall due to DLVR that was fused off by Intel even though it was there originally. Asus has left DLVR in the BIOS in case of "future chip support". Well, now that we know Raptor Lake Refresh is inbound, it would seem Intel plans to use DLVR for desktop refresh. 

This is what I'm waiting on the Fall refresh. I'll sit tight on my 12900k till then.

• Thumb Up 2

1 hour ago, johnksss said:

I don't. I have the 980 Ti. More like a boat light, LOOL. Maybe I should swap in the X Liquid into a new White "Trash" boat? We'll see if they have it and there is no problem return the MSI card. A damn nice looking card. And I hope my sons can help me back into gaming. 

What you think is the best option for 4090? For me its more important that I can easly swap out cards. And I don't bench same card again and again. Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Slightly better score. Now 13th in 8K Optimized for 4090... Up from 15410 to 15811.

https://hwbot.org/submission/5142144_papusan_unigine_superposition___8k_optimized_geforce_rtx_4090_15811_points?recalculate=true

2815202.jpg

Edit. Improved also the score for 1080P Extreme. From 12th to 8th for 4090 🙂

https://hwbot.org/submission/5142154_papusan_unigine_superposition___1080p_xtreme_geforce_rtx_4090_25975_points?recalculate=true

2815208.jpg

A  bit more difficult if you don't use LN2😎 Not everyday I see Splave second or last, LOOL

image.png.64b7e7e2bd01d0abf3deaefab6f42256.png

1 hour ago, electrosoft said:

I never did trust MSI Force Rating to be honest with you...... it needs work. Asus SP has been around for quite some time and once in a blue moon a BIOS update will offer a refinement to the process as data continues to pour in.

As for that chip, very nice. 🙂

I mean Intel should let all MB manufacurers get the needed tools. I'm not eeven sure Asus own engineers have come up with the solution. Maybe Asus is big enough to ask for it?

1 hour ago, Talon said:

I have the 980 Ti Amp Extreme from Zotac. A decent card with good bin quality. Equal good quality as Evga's top tier Kingpin (they offered 3 different bin quality). So this isn't something new. The only problem with the olde Zotac cards is the custom board. Almost imposible find a water block that fits. Was also this when the card was released. Here home we haven't many options. Kingpin and Galax is a no go hee home (Get Galax card is impossible to buy several places in the world). So my son said many of the Zotac cards was quite good. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2
  • Bump 1

1 hour ago, johnksss said:

Out of all of the air-cooled 4090 cards I think it is the nicest looking as well. I'm not buying one because they're just too damned expensive to entertain the idea, but if I were going to I would probably go with that one. The money saved can be put toward a waterblock.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 2
  • Bump 1

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

I don't. I have the 980 Ti. More like a lboat light, LOOL. Maybe I should swap in the X Liquid into a new White "Trash" boat? We'll see if they have it and there is no problem return the MSI card. A damn nice looking card. And I hope my sons can help me back into gaming. 

What you think is the best option for 4090? For me its more important that I can easly swap out cards. And I don't bench same card again and again. Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Slightly better score. Now 13th in 8K Optimized for 4090... Up from 15410 to 15811.

https://hwbot.org/submission/5142144_papusan_unigine_superposition___8k_optimized_geforce_rtx_4090_15811_points?recalculate=true

2815202.jpg

Edit. Improved also the score for 1080P Extreme. From 12th to 8th for 4090 🙂

https://hwbot.org/submission/5142154_papusan_unigine_superposition___1080p_xtreme_geforce_rtx_4090_25975_points?recalculate=true

2815208.jpg

A  bit more difficult if you don't use LN2😎 Not everyday I see Splave second or last, LOOL

image.png.64b7e7e2bd01d0abf3deaefab6f42256.png

I mean Intel should let all MB manufacurers get the needed tools. I'm not eeven sure Asus own engineers have come up with the solution. Maybe Asus is big enough to ask for it?

I have the 980 Ti Amp Extreme from Zotac. A decent card with good bin quality. Equal good quality as Evga's top tier Kingpin (they offered 3 different bin quality). So this isn't something new. The only problem with the olde Zotac cards is the custom board. Almost imposible find a water block that fits. Was also this when the card was released. Here home we haven't many options. Kingpin and Galax is a no go hee home (Get Galax card is impossible to buy several places in the world). So my son said many of the Zotac cards was quite good. 

Best option is going to be an air cooled card. As long as you get a good sample. since the cards are locked by voltage they will all do fairly close depending on setup. I have found that the 4090 is the new cheater series though. If you have good memory and it doesn't lock up the card will continue through the benchmark and give you a valid score. I have quite a few high scores that I did not post due to the 4090 cheater series.

• Thumb Up 5
  • Like 1

Hwbot Profile