NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

4 hours ago, Papusan said:

But, but. Isn't added RGB/bling control appealing? Gamers and bling bling jockey's will love it. How this Windows Beta OS looks and feels has to better than stability and performance going downwards due more added useless features/services and ongoing patch problems every damn month. 

Microsoft simplifies RGB control with "Dynamic Lighting" in Windows 11
https://www.igorslab.de/en/microsoft-vereinfacht-rgb-steuerung-mit-dynamic-lighting-in-windows-11/

I am not adverse to M$ offering universal RGB control versus installing a boat load of individualized spyware and data mining software. I mean M$ is slurping your data anyhow when able so.....

I like them baking in nature RAR support too.

• Thumb Up 2

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

5 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Are they saying that drops in voltage are causing the cables to melt? If so, how does that make sense?

5 hours ago, Etern4l said:

Minute voltage differences would have nothing to do with melting. I took a quick look at the link and I'm worried it's a case of much ado about nothing. They are not saying 'performance or stability suffers as a result of using this or that cable'.

4 hours ago, Papusan said:

Higher drop in voltage just means the cable quality/build quality is lower. So pay more get less😎 Very low voltage (or below specs) indicate something is wrong. Or you just bougth the cheapest PSU you could find (often much cheaper for a reason). 

The fancy custom cables/adapters is for looks. But it won't provide much benefits over what you get with high quality PSU package. And if the CableMod custom cables offer lower 12v lowes (higher voltage drops), they offer even less. Is less more bro @Mr. Fox?

3 hours ago, Etern4l said:

Actually, you are right: they are reporting about 2.5% voltage drop vs the Nvidia adapter. Not ideal. At 450W it would be about 11W lost and dissipating somewhere in the cable. Hopefully not in a particular faulty spot, as 11W could probably do a bit of damage over a small area?

3 hours ago, Papusan said:

Probably not enough... But you didn't get what to expect for more money. At least, the custom cables should be on equal quality. Not less. I don't lke form over functionality. This was also one of the main reasons I jumped from laptops. 

OK, good. I generally see between 12.150V and 12.950V.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

What have happened here? This is after clean up. Loads of scratches. The paste that was used was totally dried up. Rock hard and almost nothing on top of the die.

image.thumb.png.03560dede59ad12924f9fa8c92df48a2.png

image.thumb.png.f2c45ebbb25b20e92fc8b15e674620f5.png

HD 6870 - 3DM 06

https://hwbot.org/submission/5283229_papusan_3dmark06_radeon_hd_6870_35795_marks?recalculate=true

2928757.jpg

• Thumb Up 4

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

11 hours ago, electrosoft said:

I am not adverse to M$ offering universal RGB control versus installing a boat load of individualized spyware and data mining software. I mean M$ is slurping your data anyhow when able so.....

I like them baking in nature RAR support too.

Basically what you are saying is "I'm already naked and exploited by M$, although I feel it's worse if further parties are involved. At least I get a 'free' RAR treat at the end.".  Stockholm syndrome is real.

8 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

OK, good. I generally see between 12.150V and 12.950V.

Cool. It's a good sanity check. Wouldn't have occurred to me before.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 4

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

As I continue to do research for a travel sff build....

Right now, I've narrowed it down to (in order of preference):

1. Dan C4:

This seems to be the best of all worlds. Compact with extended support for not only Founders cards but larger air coolers. It is also easy to remove the GPU.

2. Sliger Cerberus

If you're going to go bigger in portability, this seems to be the best trade off albeit it is brimming on the edge of a cheap small, normal case and save a bit of coin.

3.  Case Club Portable Gaming Station

The idea of an all in one with a big screen has its merits. No need for a travel case or figuring out how to pack it away. Great for road travel. Not so much for flying / train. This is the best for swapping components back and forth and being able to just use standard desktop hardware has its advantages. 24" display is also a major selling point.

4. The FormD T1

I like the FormD T1, but it seems to be a bit inferior to the Dan C4 plus harder to remove components.

For SFF, CPU quality counts:

Silicon lottery in play with an sff buildout (video starts right at the silicon quality differences):

• Thumb Up 6

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Nice. The gamers on low budget often run on slightly older PC platforms. Buy this new and shiny operpriced disaster from Nvidia can't make you feel well. I have seen older 3060Ti for$315 and I expect we will see even lower prices. There is absolutely no reason you should buy the coming 16GB 4060Ti. It will only be worse. Wait for the 16GB 4060Ti ? Not so sure about that. Paying 100-200$ USD more for software tuning is just disgusting. So this Sunday's word has to be.... Disgusting.

https://hwbot.org/submission/5283997_papusan_3dmark05_radeon_hd_6870_57246_marks?recalculate=true

2929299.jpg

Edit. HD 6870 - 3DM06

https://hwbot.org/submission/5283988_papusan_3dmark06_radeon_hd_6870_36174_marks?recalculate=true

2929297.jpg

• Thumb Up 3
  • Haha 2
  • Bump 1
  • Sad 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

9 hours ago, electrosoft said:

The idea of an all in one with a big screen has its merits. No need for a travel case or figuring out how to pack it away. Great for road travel. Not so much for flying / train. This is the best for swapping components back and forth and being able to just use standard desktop hardware has its advantages. 24" display is also a major selling point.

Using this would require installing a weak CPU on a relatively low-profile air cooler or a 360 AIO. I wonder if you could fit a 360 AIO into that? Seems like that might come closer to fitting than a respectable air cooler would. It also needs a 1440p screen versus 1080p. They should make it a few inches bigger to accommodate keyboard and mouse storage with a special pouch our something. But, if it is already at the maximum size allowed for carry-on luggage that might not be possible. You'd probably never see it again if you checked it as luggage. TSA/Airline baggage handlers are notorious for 5-finger discounts. I've lost lots of things, often things of low value, that was in my checked bags. For a period of time it was least once a month something would get stolen from my checked luggage. Cologne/aftershave, cordless beard trimmers, even articles of clothing. Even the TSA-approved padlocks I used to lock the luggage would be gone when I would get my bags from the baggage claim carousels. The padlocks were stolen/missing almost 100% of the time. After buying them a half dozen times I finally gave up.

I would also be concerned about the GPU bouncing around during travel. You would need some air bags or something to pinch it in place like those expandable foam things they use for shipping prebuilt desktops. Otherwise, I think you would be courting disaster just letting the PCIe latch and thumbscrews be the only thing to secure it.

It is a neat idea, and it's awesome that it will support a full ATX motherboard instead of the crippled baby desktop motherboards. But, something about it makes me hate it. I do not like any of them personally, but I think the SFF hotboxes might work better.

Check this out, though...

I figured out a way to control the rainbow puke on my TeamGroup Delta RAM. I can't bring myself to install the Armory Crate digital gonorrhea UWP software, but this did the trick. Everything else in my work PC is managed by a SATA-powered external ARGB/RGB controller with a handheld remote and Aura is disabled in the BIOS, but even that didn't stop the memory from doing its zombie rainbow puke dance.

I downloaded this originally for the 48GB 7200 G.SKILL Trident memory kit that was defective and needed to be RMA'd, but it works perfectly for the TeamGroup Delta memory.

https://www.gskill.com/gskill-device/memory/G.SKILL-Trident-Z-Lighting-Control-v1.00.35.zip

image.png

https://www.gskill.com/gskill-device/memory/G.SKILL-Trident-Z-Lighting-Control-v1.00.35.zip

Everything's right when my lights are all white.

white-jpb.jpg

It's really too bad the Q-code LCD letters are red instead of white like the Z690 Dark.

• Thumb Up 6
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Using this would require installing a weak CPU on a relatively low-profile air cooler or a 360 AIO. I wonder if you could fit a 360 AIO into that? Seems like that might come closer to fitting than a respectable air cooler would. It also needs a 1440p screen versus 1080p. They should make it a few inches bigger to accommodate keyboard and mouse storage with a special pouch our something. But, if it is already at the maximum size allowed for carry-on luggage that might not be possible. You'd probably never see it again if you checked it as luggage. TSA/Airline baggage handlers are notorious for 5-finger discounts. I've lost lots of things, often things of low value, that was in my checked bags. For a period of time it was least once a month something would get stolen from my checked luggage. Cologne/aftershave, cordless beard trimmers, even articles of clothing. Even the TSA-approved padlocks I used to lock the luggage would be gone when I would get my bags from the baggage claim carousels. The padlocks were stolen/missing almost 100% of the time. After buying them a half dozen times I finally gave up.

I would also be concerned about the GPU bouncing around during travel. You would need some air bags or something to pinch it in place like those expandable foam things they use for shipping prebuilt desktops. Otherwise, I think you would be courting disaster just letting the PCIe latch and thumbscrews be the only thing to secure it.

It is a neat idea, and it's awesome that it will support a full ATX motherboard instead of the crippled baby desktop motherboards. But, something about it makes me hate it. I do not like any of them personally, but I think the SFF hotboxes might work better.

Agreed.

I like the idea and concept but it needs screen options for higher resolutions. I have no problems with 1080p but 1440p would be nice or even 4k.

The CPU can fit a larger air cooler but with moving around and all that stress on the slot? I would end up using a sff class low profile cooler anyhow.

With all that empty space up top, I wish they had a built in strut system to hold and house a few radiators for AIOs or even custom water cooling.

The GPU needs a front securing mechanism too for travel or a large GPU is going to rattle around everywhere. If the compromise is putting a small GPU, what's the point? If it can't properly secure a 4080-4090 class card for travel then a laptop with a mobile 4080-4090 GPU is basically just as powerful as the max size that will work in there.

Outside of the promo build video from the company I haven't really seen someone build out of one online with a solid report for high end components.

I'm still on the hunt and collecting info and figuring out what I'm going to do for travel (finally) starting this late summer, fall and into next year. I was looking at my daughter's full ATX supported small/mid tower and thinking I could even work with that form factor if needed with a handle on top and full mesh front and sides so I'm flexible. Weight isn't an issue, just external dimensions and getting a decent portable display (18.5" or greater) that is easy for travel.

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I figured out a way to control the rainbow puke on my TeamGroup Delta RAM. I can't bring myself to install the Armory Crate digital gonorrhea UWP software, but this did the trick. Everything else in my work PC is managed by a SATA-powered external ARGB/RGB controller with a handheld remote and Aura is disabled in the BIOS, but even that didn't stop the memory from doing its zombie rainbow puke dance.

I downloaded this originally for the 48GB 7200 G.SKILL Trident memory kit that was defective and needed to be RMA'd, but it works perfectly for the TeamGroup Delta memory.

image.png

white-jpb.jpg

It's really too bad the Q-code LCD letters are red instead of white like the Z690 Dark.

I'm using G.Skill's software to control my Trident A-die 2x32GB sticks on my MSI. I love that it is small, self contained and works effortlessly without spyware or bloat. While I don't like having to run it after power on to get my sticks to match, it could be worse like the Asus garbage.

• Thumb Up 2

9 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Check this out, though...

image.png

white-jpb.jpg

I am not sure the CPU module would need to be weak, he could have a 13900K tuned for power efficiency and 150W operation, but does anyone imagine that a 450W GPU would run concurrently without throttling in such a form factor? So maybe one could run the CPU at 150W and the GPU at 250W, with the total socket power draw of around 500-550W but that assumption would probably be optimistic. Also one would need a larger PSU to nominally support the 4090 in a situation where you'd probably never get anywhere near the max power on a constant basis. 

It feels like such a system should beat a laptop on performance and obviously upgradeability etc., but by how much is not clear.

Looking at bro electro's post I assumed this is more for car mobility. Probably not the best idea to try and haul this via air in any kind of a normal suitcase. I guess one could get a special secure metal padded/cushioned equipment case and check this in as a special item with insurance to boot. 

Edit: The Dan C4 review looks like "influenceware" (a nice way of saying BS).

First of all, it's clearly a large-ish case (compared to a laptop) although it's being shot as to make it seem smaller, but even so the only HWInfo screenshot is showing the AMD CPU running at 150W while the GPU is idle. 450W GPU + 150W on the CPU looks like a stretch. He talks about liquid cooling that case? What? One would think he meant external, but no, he is talking about some micro custom loop. What's the point? He says "with that you can run pretty much any component you want". ROTFL. A 360 3000RPM AIO with 12 3000RPM fans in a huge case is not really enough to run 13900K at stock without a massive undervolt.

• Thumb Up 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

17 hours ago, electrosoft said:

As I continue to do research for a travel sff build....

Right now, I've narrowed it down to (in order of preference):

1. Dan C4:

This seems to be the best of all worlds. Compact with extended support for not only Founders cards but larger air coolers. It is also easy to remove the GPU.

2. Sliger Cerberus

If you're going to go bigger in portability, this seems to be the best trade off albeit it is brimming on the edge of a cheap small, normal case and save a bit of coin.

4. The FormD T1

I like the FormD T1, but it seems to be a bit inferior to the Dan C4 plus harder to remove components.

For SFF, CPU quality counts:

Silicon lottery in play with an sff buildout (video starts right at the silicon quality differences):

Curious what your thought is about the NR200P?  I want the Dan Case but it's availability is a little tough. I had no clue you were thinking about a SFF case, lol.

I did pick up a 13700k for $300 and a Asus ROG Strix Z690-I Gaming for $220.  I guess I'm on my way...

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

Desktop | Intel i9-12900k | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F | 2x16GB Oloy DDR5 @ 6400mhz CL32 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | AW3821DW| 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 | All under water |

Server | SM846 | Unraid  6.12.0-rc4.1 | AMD Epyc 7F52 | Supermicro H12SSL-I | Tesla P40 24GB | 256GB 3200MHz ECC 8-channel | 100+TB ZFS |

Backup Server | SM826 | Unraid  6.12.0-rc4.1 | AMD Epyc 7302 | Supermicro H11SSL-I | Tesla P4 8GB | 256GB 2133MHz ECC 8-channel | 100+TB ZFS |

Dell XPS 9510 | Intel  i7-11800H | RTX 3050 Ti | 16GB 3200mhz | 1TB SX8200 | 1080P |

that is a really good deal on your 13700k. 

I got my 3060 omen 16 laptop back, so im happy. It was cleaned of all dust and seems to be running well, but the newest nvidia drivers seem to perform poorly. Also off topic I was hacked lol(why on earth) I loaded Grid autosport and the selections were being picked without me touching the keyboard or mouse. I was curious if anyone recommends using a different vbios for my 115w 3060, can I eek out more performance?

after not having it for 3 months heres a benchmark after the dust

cpu was around 9000 before now its around 10500

Screenshot-1.png

• Like 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

4 hours ago, Custom90gt said:

Curious what your thought is about the NR200P?  I want the Dan Case but it's availability is a little tough. I had no clue you were thinking about a SFF case, lol.

I did pick up a 13700k for $300 and a Asus ROG Strix Z690-I Gaming for $220.  I guess I'm on my way...

I was looking at both the NR200 and NR200P. I saw a MAX model too with an AIO but I think I like the NR200 along with the NR200 being cheaper and having airflow on the mesh side panel only versus glass option too of the P.

Some did manage to cram an MSI Liquid Suprim 4090 in there but I'm not a fan of that bottom rad install. He ended up switching to an FE 4090.

Here is an idea of what a FE 4090 would look like in an NR200 Horizontally

Only concerns I have is all that heat flowing up and out versus the Dan C4 with the GPU isolated at the top pumping heat out the top and redirected specifically from the upper side (at least with an FE).

Overall, I like the case because it is readily available and the NR200 is very inexpensive (~$110 USD). For the price, that would make a good, tried and true starter build for 18L. It's cheap enough and small enough to give it a prototype build out. I thought about (still thinking about) using one just to get a general start at a very low almost throw away price.

You could also go with the NR200P Max that takes care of a lot of the parts work too but with the NR200, you really get a very inexpensive sff case that lets you build it out your way.

Good idea and build with the 4090 (well 4080 FE but same size) in an NR200P Max (18L)

Versus FormD T1 buildout (10L):

• Thumb Up 3

I wonder why CableMod/custom cable industri couldn't do the same for their 12VHPWR connectors. Afraid for increased costs? And why didn't Nvidia go for this solution for their adaper that follow every single 4090 package? Again.... It's again about costs. Every extra cents will be transformed into profits. And don't tell me that the overpaid nvidia engineers couldn't find out this by themself. 

And as you can see... The damn weak tiny hook/latch struggle to hold the small fragile 12VHPWR connector into place. Thermal cycling and or the user do small changes in the Pc box can pull out the connector 1-1.5mm without much force. This connector ain't foolproof. A small user errors and a few months later you'll smell the smoke.

MSI’s two-color 12VHPWR cables are hard to plug incorrectly.

Posted 39 minutes ago............ May or maybe not fully seated. Regardless, blackscreen due melting and fire. This is one of the first sign you'll see before its too late. 

Fully Seated 4090 90 degree adapter melted

r/cablemod - Fully Seated 4090 90 degree adapter melted

HD 6870

https://hwbot.org/submission/5284362_papusan_3dmark05_radeon_hd_6870_57709_marks?recalculate=true

2929593.jpg

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, electrosoft said:

I was looking at both the NR200 and NR200P. I saw a MAX model too with an AIO but I think I like the NR200 along with the NR200 being cheaper and having airflow on the mesh side panel only versus glass option too of the P.

Some did manage to cram an MSI Liquid Suprim 4090 in there but I'm not a fan of that bottom rad install. He ended up switching to an FE 4090.

Here is an idea of what a FE 4090 would look like in an NR200 Horizontally

Only concerns I have is all that heat flowing up and out versus the Dan C4 with the GPU isolated at the top pumping heat out the top and redirected specifically from the upper side (at least with an FE).

Overall, I like the case because it is readily available and the NR200 is very inexpensive (~$110 USD). For the price, that would make a good, tried and true starter build for 18L. It's cheap enough and small enough to give it a prototype build out. I thought about (still thinking about) using one just to get a general start at a very low almost throw away price.

You could also go with the NR200P Max that takes care of a lot of the parts work too but with the NR200, you really get a very inexpensive sff case that lets you build it out your way.

Good idea and build with the 4090 (well 4080 FE but same size) in an NR200P Max (18L)

Versus FormD T1 buildout (10L):

You're right about the price, it's not bad at all.  I'll probably pick one up until the Dan case is more readily available in the states.  I just picked up a Silverstone SX1000 Platinum for $160 shipped too.  Now I just need ram, a case, and a GPU.  Well and to sell my old stuff so the wife doesn't /me. 

Desktop | Intel i9-12900k | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F | 2x16GB Oloy DDR5 @ 6400mhz CL32 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | AW3821DW| 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 | All under water |

Server | SM846 | Unraid  6.12.0-rc4.1 | AMD Epyc 7F52 | Supermicro H12SSL-I | Tesla P40 24GB | 256GB 3200MHz ECC 8-channel | 100+TB ZFS |

Backup Server | SM826 | Unraid  6.12.0-rc4.1 | AMD Epyc 7302 | Supermicro H11SSL-I | Tesla P4 8GB | 256GB 2133MHz ECC 8-channel | 100+TB ZFS |

Dell XPS 9510 | Intel  i7-11800H | RTX 3050 Ti | 16GB 3200mhz | 1TB SX8200 | 1080P |

This is why buying an Asus ROG Strix 4090 OC Edition was a hit or miss. Asus saved up the better bins the last months for their new 4090 AIO cards. And you get telemetry on top. Nice. And why? The ROG Matrix RTX 4090 sports only a single 12VHPWR cable. In short cheaper add a sensor that can track if there is something wrong with the 12VHPWR connector. The HOF offer it as well but you also get dual 12VHPWR connector to balance the current between 12 power pins. 

So this means it was hard (to expensive) to add a second 12VHPWR connector for their flagship. But you got telemetry functionality and loads of bling bling. Nice to have, LOOL

As a flagship card, the ROG Matrix RTX 4090 features a Dual BIOS switch, allowing you to seamlessly switch between Quiet and Performance modes. Produced with our Auto Extreme manufacturing process, the entire PCB is soldered in a single, fully automated pass, reducing costs and eliminating the need for harsh cleaning chemicals in between solder passes. The ROG Matrix GeForce RTX 4090 is built with the highest quality components, ensuring peak performance for the life of the card. Nice, if they didn't do the single fully automated pass you would have to pay more. A huge big win for the buyers😀

https://videocardz.com/newz/asus-announces-rog-matrix-geforce-rtx-4090-gpu-featuring-360mm-aio-and-liquid-metal

When we first talking about Asus... I give up the compatibility problems between the old AMD Asus graphics card paired with my Asus board. The damn Asus Amd card will only power up when it wants. Mostly never. I only have a white VGA lighs on the board. This is a huge on/off lottery. So I throw the cheapo Asus card in my drawer. And there it will stay until I maybe buy a MB from another manufacurer than ASUS. Maybe it works then.

• Thumb Up 3

its like asus is promoting something, but I just can't put my finger on it lol. they don't want more money they just want us to follow videos like this and smash them with a hammer and drop them off a cliff so that we buy more, what why not?

NVidia and ASUS want us to follow is this guys footsteps for reasons unbeknownst to me

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Ugh I guess I'm not excited about this part, what is the "best" 280mm AIO cooler? That's going to be the hard pill to swallow coming from a custom loop...

Also any recommendations on 120 and 140mm fans? I would love to buy a bunch of noctuas but my wallet doesn't want to do so...

• Thumb Up 1

4 minutes ago, Custom90gt said:

Ugh I guess I'm not excited about this part, what is the "best" 280mm AIO cooler? That's going to be the hard pill to swallow coming from a custom loop...

Also any recommendations on 120 and 140mm fans? I would love to buy a bunch of noctuas but my wallet doesn't want to do so...

From the 120mm performance perspective Phanteks T30 or bust if you have the 30mm clearance. Very quiet up to 2000 RPM and those not that loud 3000 RPMs come in handy in close encounters with benching and other heavy loads. 30 bucks but you only need 2 or so. 

• Thumb Up 3

-- Max Tegmark

Sadly I may only be able to get some 25mm 120s in under the GPU...

• Thumb Up 1

19 minutes ago, Custom90gt said:

Sadly I may only be able to get some 25mm 120s in under the GPU...

The I would get the nice red and black Noctuas or IPPC if you don't mind the noise (which resembles a jet engine at 3000RPM, I have mine limited to 2500RPM in response to fair complaints from the family). About the same price, but the performance is worth it and with this ITX build you will be cooling limited for sure. 

• Thumb Up 3

-- Max Tegmark

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

10 minutes ago, cylix said:

I'm tempted to start "The Nvidia Debacle" thread. 

AI Means Everyone Can Now Be a Programmer, Nvidia Chief Says

Same for doctors, lawyers, artists etc. you name it. Nuts. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 4

-- Max Tegmark

Holy, this is golden comedy. Was Jensen high? 😂

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 4

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

19 hours ago, Papusan said:

I wonder why CableMod/custom cable industri couldn't do the same for their 12VHPWR connectors. Afraid for increased costs? And why didn't Nvidia go for this solution for their adaper that follow every single 4090 package? Again.... It's again about costs. Every extra cents will be transformed into profits. And don't tell me that the overpaid nvidia engineers couldn't find out this by themself. 

And as you can see... The damn weak tiny hook/latch struggle to hold the small fragile 12VHPWR connector into place. Thermal cycling and or the user do small changes in the Pc box can pull out the connector 1-1.5mm without much force. This connector ain't foolproof. A small user errors and a few months later you'll smell the smoke.

MSI’s two-color 12VHPWR cables are hard to plug incorrectly.

Posted 39 minutes ago............ May or maybe not fully seated. Regardless, blackscreen due melting and fire. This is one of the first sign you'll see before its too late. 

Fully Seated 4090 90 degree adapter melted

r/cablemod - Fully Seated 4090 90 degree adapter melted

HD 6870

https://hwbot.org/submission/5284362_papusan_3dmark05_radeon_hd_6870_57709_marks?recalculate=true

Alex shows how the wiggling BS done by all the YT content creators from GN to everyone to ensure it's right is disproved by MSI power connector and shows the blatant design flaw of this garbage connector..

• Thumb Up 4

Helios (WIP)

i9 10900K // Trident Z Royal C16 4000MHz B-Die 32GB // ASUS Maximus XIII APEX // Noctua DH15 Chromax // RTX3090Ti FE // Alienware 360Hz G-Sync Ultimate IPS FHD // Seasonic Prime TX 1000 Titanium // Fractal Meshify 2XL

Ethereal Ranger

Alienware 17 R1 // i7 4710MQ // 16GB DDR3L 2133MHz // 980M 860M loaner // Windows 8.1