NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

38 minutes ago, ryan said:

how do I save every setting and revert back if i want to test out new windows settings sorry for being a noob

Macrium Reflect image.

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5442-macrium-reflect-free.html

• Thanks 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Thanks bro.

I still can't explain the performance. But I guess it's possible it was under performing with the old vbios. I used a tweak package and that could explain alot. Best tweak is still get a better gpu. I think I'll be good with this laptop for another 2 years.

It's a pity with the sockets melting on the desktop side of things 

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Although I kind of like the idea, its just more government regulation from the EU. I do not like government being able to determine what a free market should be, and the EU is a perfect example of overreach.

https://www.techspot.com/news/99102-european-union-votes-bring-back-replaceable-phone-batteries.html

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

On 6/18/2023 at 7:37 AM, Raiderman said:

Although I kind of like the idea, its just more government regulation from the EU. I do not like government being able to determine what a free market should be, and the EU is a perfect example of overreach.

https://www.techspot.com/news/99102-european-union-votes-bring-back-replaceable-phone-batteries.html

My wife hates it when I state the obvious, but I still do it because I enjoy listening to my own sermons. In case it is not obvious for some reason, I am a ultra-conservative, Christian anarchist that is generally of the opinion that less government in our lives means more prosperity, happiness and healthiness. Government (any government) should exist only to enforce laws enacted by the people and provide a formidable and aggressive military force to protect the freedom of its citizens and the private property owned by them, and control  the borders and territories of the nation it is hired to serve. When they assume a right to do anything more than that, it is a servant that needs to be fired, and its rule is an illegitimate, overreaching, derelict government that no longer serves a useful purpose. Our current government is the worst in our nation's history, and the current incompetent and exceedingly corrupt administration is a joke that has made us laughingstock to our enemies and allies.

The EU rules its citizens subjects by fiat, and while we aren't there yet, we are headed in that direction. I hope we can stop it before it is too late. Americans used to consider dictatorship an evil form of government. Somehow we have lost sight of that. Probably a symptom of stupidity becoming normalized.

Trump was hated and maligned by a minority because he was a wealthy businessman that sought to restore order and had no respect for the uniparty mafia and its media stormtroopers. He, and the majority that support him, still strike terror in the hearts of the uniparty mafia, its zombie sheeple minority, and they are still scrambling to misappropriate taxpayer-funded  resources to prevent him from being reelected.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

12 hours ago, tps3443 said:

This is the 4K flex that @electrosoft is referring to! 

It still runs (The Last Of Us ) very very smoothly though! And the game is absolutely maxed out, with Quality DLSS. 

It’s really pretty impressive. 

Nice video bro!

I did see some dips into the 60's though 🙂 3090 is hitting a major wall. Turn on benchmarking next time to see the lows too.

69 dip (~72 compensating for capture deviation):

Slap a 4090 in that rig to see what that 6ghz setup and memory OC can really do. 🙂

• Thumb Up 3

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

2 hours ago, Raiderman said:

Good piece of regulation, but battery is no longer the primary limiting factor on the useful lifespan of a phone. The lack of updates (in case of most Android devices) is probably the main one. They should require manufacturers to provide system and security updates for 7 years. I if the phone battery is not user-replaceable, they should require the manufacturer to provide a reasonably priced battery replacement service.

Free market is a naive hypothetical construct,, there is no such thing, and we only need to look at the GPU space to see that very clearly. Someone needs to take a stand to defend the little man, and it sure as hell won’t be megacorporations or self-interested billionaires.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 2

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

59 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Good piece of regulation, but battery is no longer the primary limiting factor on the useful lifespan of a phone. The lack of updates (in case of most Android devices) is probably the main one. They should require manufacturers to provide system and security updates for 7 years. I if the phone battery is not user-replaceable, they should require the manufacturer to provide a reasonably priced battery replacement service.

Free market is a naive hypothetical construct,, there is no such thing, and we only need to look at the GPU space to see that very clearly. Someone needs to take a stand to defend the little man, and it sure as hell won’t be megacorporations or self-interested billionaires.

Not too encourage off topic too much but I had always thought that if you dont want to support a mobile device anymore, then its time to unlock the bootloader. You can claim its to prevent e-waste and encourage education in the field or something but I have some phones on my shelf from AT&T that still work fine that I cant do anything with since they are so far and away out of date. I use some of them as secondary alarm clocks and thats about it.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Reciever said:

Not too encourage off topic too much but I had always thought that if you dont want to support a mobile device anymore, then its time to unlock the bootloader. You can claim its to prevent e-waste and encourage education in the field or something but I have some phones on my shelf from AT&T that still work fine that I cant do anything with since they are so far and away out of date. I use some of them as secondary alarm clocks and thats about it.

What do you mean off-topic? The title says:

*Official Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

;)

Yeah, you can try to work around the inadequate software support of many Android phones, but that's more hacking than regular usage. You have to assume the risk of using an OS developed by an often not-so-clearly defined 3rd party, and in some cases you may not be able to do it at all (that's what google-suggested threads on xda seemed to be advising regarding Galaxy Ultra S23, as an example).

Technically, many flagships are still very usable 5+ years on, and iOS devices get software updates for 8 years if not longer.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 1
  • Bump 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

1 hour ago, Reciever said:

I think bootloader unlocking is only available in google devices in the US.  if I am not mistaken. Carriers in the US have long since locked Samsung devices. International devices can still be unlocked, I believe. It has been a few years for me. I was a hardcore themer of Touchwiz back in the day.

@electrosoftDo you have any issues with your MSI carbon hanging on A6 code?

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?threads/msi-mpg-x670-carbon-a6-hang.386745/

Edit 2: How do you purchase Ram knowing what manufacturer  they are? I never see any description that, say for instance, Gskill Trident Z5 is (Hynix, Samsung, etc)

• Sad 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

Yep, the new modern MSI ATX 3.0 PSUs is here with the yellow PCIe 16 pin connector. The most powerful model is the 850W. Can only be used with newer nvidia graphics cards due wimpy 4x 8pin connectors. Maybe AMD should subsidize the PSU manufacurers with a few $$$ so they could make PSUs that also will support AMD graphics cards? 

funny-pictures-e1394250765157.thumb.jpg.3132b5df069214b9f101af186b04f70d.jpg

What with you bro @ryan?😆

https://www.msi.com/Power-Supply/MAG-A850GL-PCIE5/Gallery

image.png.b94585fe6deec841bcf059c54a63bbec.png

What is a day without more smoke and fire?😃 Gone is the days we only could see the 12VHPWR  cables burn up. With the angled CM adapers we also see the GPU connector on the PCB get destroyed at the same time. So both damaged cable and GPU. Worst of both worlds.

Posted 5 hours ago

Yep, I don't like this flimsy connector setup. A slight move on the cables and the angled adaper will slowly slideits way out from the GPU connector. 1-1.5mm out from the socket is enough to start a fire. A real cable is much prefered over this Leaning Tower of Pisa

image.png.d9d1f9bdfbe28e060340d88eb051e246.png

Signal loss..

image.png.94ed44c05064ea75a7d2986622dddc48.png

And the new one will work perfectly fine the next 5 years? Russian roulette

CableMod need to sell +140 angled adapters every day to pay the screwed for their 4090s. This if only one of the 4090s burn up every day. But I expect CableMod save some money if the screwed want their binned cards back from the repair or that the retail shops accept returns.
  • Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

Edit 2: How do you purchase Ram knowing what manufacturer  they are? I never see any description that, say for instance, Gskill Trident Z5 is (Hynix, Samsung, etc)

I was running .172 and I upgrade to .174

No performance loss, temp issues or hangs.

All 5 sets of DDR5 ram that have crossed my way (I currently have three sets) have all been Hynix, no Samsung. 3x M-die, 2x A-die. One set of Ripjaws I received was Samsung and it acted oddly but in G.Skill's defense they were only certified for Intel/XMP not AMD/Expo. I sent those back. All the sets I have now work perfect. (2x 2x16GB M-die, 1x 2x32GB A-die).

For whatever reasons, people are having some (not all) issues with Samsung memory even when manually dialed in myself included.

Do you have a hang issue even at default or just EXPO/XMP / manually tuned?

G.skill sources what works and it can be Samsung, Hynix along with M die or A die and it is a crap shoot but the sticks will usually tell you what works and how along if they are M or A die with an "M" or "A" at the end of the code above barcode:

M-die:

mdie.png.e5e4e984146745218d629570867cb982.png

A-die:

adie.png.6a269e312219cc8e3ef25e590844616e.png

Obviously once you have them in your possession you can physically slap the sticks in your system and use CPU-Z to see who makes them.

If they are Hynix, give them the ole tRFC challenge as A-die tend to be able to run sub 450 and M-die's give up the ghost quicker. If they can run sub 400 especially, they are most likely A-die.

But to re-iterate, I've had zero boot issues with any of the sticks I've used and I've rebooted dozens of times per day when dialing each set in and no issues.

Have you tested to see where your IMC gives up its ghost? my 7800X3D tops out at 6200 which is no problem because 6000 truly is the sweet spot. At 6000, tight timings trump 6200-6400 IMHO.

• Thumb Up 3

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

2 hours ago, Reciever said:

Yes, totally. They should be required to unlock the bootloader even on brand new devices on launch day. They have no legitimate right to block anything. They can void the warranty if you brick it, but it's otherwise none of their business what happens to it as soon as someone purchases the product. It no longer belongs to them and they should not legally be able to interfere with the use of it, regardless of what that use entails.

I think bootloader unlocking is only available in google devices in the US.  if I am not mistaken. Carriers in the US have long since locked Samsung devices. International devices can still be unlocked, I believe. It has been a few years for me. I was a hardcore themer of Touchwiz back in the day.

OnePlus as well as Google phones. That's why I own a OnePlus phone. But, you need to buy a generic one some place like Amazon. If you buy a phone from one of the cellular Nazis like AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile or Sprint it will have their special cancer.

• Thumb Up 2

13 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

I was running .172 and I upgrade to .174

No performance loss, temp issues or hangs.

All 5 sets of DDR5 ram that have crossed my way (I currently have three sets) have all been Hynix, no Samsung. 3x M-die, 2x A-die. One set of Ripjaws I received was Samsung and it acted oddly but in G.Skill's defense they were only certified for Intel/XMP not AMD/Expo. I sent those back. All the sets I have now work perfect. (2x 2x16GB M-die, 1x 2x32GB A-die).

For whatever reasons, people are having some (not all) issues with Samsung memory even when manually dialed in myself included.

Do you have a hang issue even at default or just EXPO/XMP / manually tuned?

G.skill sources what works and it can be Samsung, Hynix along with M die or A die and it is a crap shoot but the sticks will usually tell you what works and how along if they are M or A die with an "M" or "A" at the end of the code above barcode:

M-die:

mdie.png.e5e4e984146745218d629570867cb982.png

A-die:

adie.png.6a269e312219cc8e3ef25e590844616e.png

Obviously once you have them in your possession you can physically slap the sticks in your system and use CPU-Z to see who makes them.

If they are Hynix, give them the ole tRFC challenge as A-die tend to be able to run sub 450 and M-die's give up the ghost quicker. If they can run sub 400 especially, they are most likely A-die.

But to re-iterate, I've had zero boot issues with any of the sticks I've used and I've rebooted dozens of times per day when dialing each set in and no issues.

Have you tested to see where your IMC gives up its ghost? my 7800X3D tops out at 6200 which is no problem because 6000 truly is the sweet spot. At 6000, tight timings trump 6200-6400 IMHO.

Yes, I bought Ram that are not AMD Expo, and setting them manually or using Expo settings cause my system to hang on restart. I made a youtube video not long ago showing the system hang, and posted it here. Did not get much feedback then on what could be causing it. I just assumed it was a bios thing, and kept waiting for a fix.

I have been tinkering with timings lately and am starting to zero in on some nice settings.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Yes, totally. They should be required to unlock the bootloader even on brand new devices on launch day. They have no legitimate right to block anything. They can void the warranty if you brick it, but it's otherwise none of their business what happens to it as soon as someone purchases the product. It no longer belongs to them and they should not legally be able to interfere with the use of it, regardless of what that use entails.

OnePlus as well as Google phones. That's why I own a OnePlus phone. But, you need to buy a generic one some place like Amazon. If you buy a phone from one of the cellular Nazis like AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile or Sprint it will have their special cancer.

I agree whole hardheartedly, and was annoyed when carriers decided to start locking bootloaders. I do own a OnePlus phone, and really like it. T-mobile was one of the last to do so, and that is why I switched to them quite a few years back, but then they jumped on board the lock train.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

Yes, I bought Ram that are not AMD Expo, and setting them manually or using Expo settings cause my system to hang on restart. I made a youtube video not long ago showing the system hang, and posted it here. Did not get much feedback then on what could be causing it. I just assumed it was a bios thing, and kept waiting for a fix.

I have been tinkering with timings lately and am starting to zero in on some nice settings.

Do you have a link to the video? I probably skimmed right over it in classic me style. 🙂

Let me know what settings you're able to dial in that can make it past TM5/WMD.

These are my current settings with  G.Skill 2x32GB A-die sticks:

dL49Egy.png

I'm wary to push them harder with the stock heatsinks as they can get toasty (~60c) under load and really need some real heatsinks.

These are WMD, Memtest 5hr and TM5 extended certified timings. I've spent hours (way too many heh) gaming with these settings and no problems.

• Thumb Up 2

1 hour ago, electrosoft said:

Do you have a link to the video? I probably skimmed right over it in classic me style. 🙂

Let me know what settings you're able to dial in that can make it past TM5/WMD.

These are my current settings with  G.Skill 2x32GB A-die sticks:

dL49Egy.png

I'm wary to push them harder with the stock heatsinks as they can get toasty (~60c) under load and really need some real heatsinks.

These are WMD, Memtest 5hr and TM5 extended certified timings. I've spent hours (way too many heh) gaming with these settings and no problems.

I have no idea what die mine are, but they are not as good as yours.

ZenTimings_Screenshot.png

• Thumb Up 2

What have happened to EVGA? They now offer their first gen ATX 3.0 PSU models and only 3 years warranty. Don't they trust their products anymore? A measly 3 years warranty only means they have went cheap on some of the components. Not what I expected when they said they should put full focus on their remaining products after they jumped of the ship as AIC partner for nvidia graphics cards.

This is disgusting!!! @electrosoft @Mr. Fox You can get cheaper PSUs from Corsair that offer same 80+ Gold, with a TEN YEAR warranty. If this is the direction EVGA want to go forwards they're digging their own grave. Who want to put their trust on new PSU the manufacurer only will give 3 years warranty? Why? And 200$ is still not cheap. It will be more like $265 here home if not closer to $275.

image.png.809ce7c63d7e5c3fb92b67215517868a.png

EVGA Introduces SuperNOVA 1000G/850G XC PSU Series

PRESS RELEASE 

Friday, 19:48

Introducing the EVGA SuperNOVA 1000G/850G XC Series - The first ATX 3.0 compliant and PCIe Gen 5.0-ready power supply series from EVGA. With a half-bridge LLC resonant controller, DC-DC converter, and 100% Japanese capacitors, the EVGA SuperNOVA 1000G and 850G XC gives the power you need for a modern gaming system.

ATX 3.0 Compliant & PCIe 5.0 Ready
Designed to support current and future standards, the EVGA SuperNOVA XC series is fully-compliant with ATX12V V3.0 and PCIe Gen 5.0 standards. This means you can use these power supplies with your current system or the system you want to build. More to the point, these power supplies are built to respond significantly faster to transient spikes, ensuring your card and system stay safe and fully powered at all times.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asus released ROG MAXIMUS Z690 APEX BIOS 2403 

Version 2403 - 2023/06/15

1. Improve system performance.
2. Improve memory compatibility.
“Before BIOS update, please download Intel ME update tool from ASUS support site, and update ME firmware to Version 16.1.25.2020 to ensure optimized system settings.”
Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (MZ690A.CAP) using BIOSRenamer."

Weird they didn't added... Improve system stability and compatibility for the next-gen processors as they did for the Z790 boards when they first released a new bios. But I expect the trashy Z690 Asus boards need more testing. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Sad 4

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

20 hours ago, Etern4l said:

I totally get what you're saying, and I agree that what's happening is problematic. It is corrupt and nefarious by design, and a product of wicked invention for sure. But, it's not a legitimate example of free enterprise or a free market. It is an example of an industry that enjoys all of the benefits of operating in such an environment, but abuses the privilege and manipulates circumstances in surreptitious ways to enhance their ill-gotten wealth at the expense of all who are willing to accommodate them.

• Thumb Up 3

19 hours ago, Raiderman said:

Yeah those timings aren't great. Even my few sets of M-die sitting around (generic sticks in generic heatsinks and a pair of G.skill's) are much better. I did have to exchange one pair of the G.skill's though to get a properly working set.

See if you can push it up to 1.4v and do CL 30 and push TWR to 48, TRFC to 500 and TREFI to 65535 for starters and pass a basic TM5 run.

18 hours ago, Papusan said:

What have happened to EVGA? They now offer their first gen ATX 3.0 PSU models and only 3 years warranty. Don't they trust their products anymore? A measly 3 years warranty only means they have went cheap on some of the components. Not what I expected when they said they should put full focus on their remaining products after they jumped of the ship as AIC partner for nvidia graphics cards.

This is disgusting!!! @electrosoft @Mr. Fox You can get cheaper PSUs from Corsair that offer same 80+ Gold, with a TEN YEAR warranty. If this is the direction EVGA want to go forwards they're digging their own grave. Who want to put their trust on new PSU the manufacurer only will give 3 years warranty? Why? And 200$ is still not cheap. It will be more like $265 here home if not closer to $275.

image.png.809ce7c63d7e5c3fb92b67215517868a.png

EVGA Introduces SuperNOVA 1000G/850G XC PSU Series

PRESS RELEASE 

Friday, 19:48

Introducing the EVGA SuperNOVA 1000G/850G XC Series - The first ATX 3.0 compliant and PCIe Gen 5.0-ready power supply series from EVGA. With a half-bridge LLC resonant controller, DC-DC converter, and 100% Japanese capacitors, the EVGA SuperNOVA 1000G and 850G XC gives the power you need for a modern gaming system.

ATX 3.0 Compliant & PCIe 5.0 Ready
Designed to support current and future standards, the EVGA SuperNOVA XC series is fully-compliant with ATX12V V3.0 and PCIe Gen 5.0 standards. This means you can use these power supplies with your current system or the system you want to build. More to the point, these power supplies are built to respond significantly faster to transient spikes, ensuring your card and system stay safe and fully powered at all times.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asus released ROG MAXIMUS Z690 APEX BIOS 2403 

Version 2403 - 2023/06/15

1. Improve system performance.
2. Improve memory compatibility.
“Before BIOS update, please download Intel ME update tool from ASUS support site, and update ME firmware to Version 16.1.25.2020 to ensure optimized system settings.”
Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (MZ690A.CAP) using BIOSRenamer."

Weird they didn't added... Improve system stability and compatibility for the next-gen processors as they did for the Z790 boards when they first released a new bios. But I expect the trashy Z690 Asus boards need more testing. 

Well....

That's rather disheartening to see from EVGA. First their GPUs and now a reduction in PSU warranty from 10yrs to 3yrs? *sigh*

-----------------------

SP115 has arrived @tps3443

LhPPKsE.jpg

• Thumb Up 4

4 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I totally get what you're saying, and I agree that what's happening is problematic. It is corrupt and nefarious by design, and a product of wicked invention for sure. But, it's not a legitimate example of free enterprise or a free market. It is an example of an industry that enjoys all of the benefits of operating in such an environment, but abuses the privilege and manipulates circumstances in surreptitious ways to enhance their ill-gotten wealth at the expense of all who are willing to accommodate them.

Do you have any indisputable modern examples of free enterprises or free markets? I’m struggling here 

-- Max Tegmark

found in 3 seconds via  neat tool called google

Other Examples of Free Market Economies

In addition to those already mentioned, there are a total of 88 countries that score as "mostly free" to "moderately free" market economies. The following are included (alphabetically):

• Australia
  • Austria
  • Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Belgium
  • Bulgaria
  • Canada
  • Chile
  • Czech Republic
  • Cyprus
  • Georgia
  • Germany
  • Iceland
  • Israel
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Malta
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • South Korea
  • Slovenia
  • Sweden
  • United Arab Emirates
  • United Kingdom
  • Uruguay
  • Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

3 hours ago, Etern4l said:

Do you have any indisputable modern examples of free enterprises or free markets? I’m struggling here 

None that I can identify in the past 2.5 years. Government has a knack for breaking and ruining everything. If you want something to get totally effed up, regulate it and put the government in charge of it. It doesn't take long at all for it to get FUBAR'd. When government itself is FUBAR'd then the situation becomes even more desperate.

2 hours ago, ryan said:

found in 3 seconds via  neat tool called google

Other Examples of Free Market Economies

In addition to those already mentioned, there are a total of 88 countries that score as "mostly free" to "moderately free" market economies. The following are included (alphabetically):

• Australia
  • Austria
  • Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Belgium
  • Bulgaria
  • Canada
  • Chile
  • Czech Republic
  • Cyprus
  • Georgia
  • Germany
  • Iceland
  • Israel
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Malta
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • South Korea
  • Slovenia
  • Sweden
  • United Arab Emirates
  • United Kingdom
  • Uruguay

A lot of those in the list seem less than moderately free. They're not China, North Korea or Russia, but not a model that I would point to as being good or desirable. When you have a demented brain trust that embraces the idiotic idea of "new world order" and a "uni-government" or "one world" model, you're going to end up with a global mess and a social, economic and moral crisis that will be broken beyond repair.

Back on topic...

22 hours ago, Raiderman said:

There is a pretty massive variance in silicon quality among memory modules. I personally think it is worse than CPU and GPU silicon quality variance. I literally cannot find a retail DDR5 kit that functions as well as the cheap generic M-die and A-die modules. Without exception, every fancy new retail A-die kit I have purchased had been inferior and got RMA'd, and that was mostly true with the M-die. That doesn't mean they are all garbage, only that lots of them are and I haven't been able to purchase a good quality retail A-die kit that was worth keeping. It's very discouraging to find so much trash being sold for a premium.

The TeamGroup Delta 7200 kit that I have in my work computer is one of the better samples and even that falls about 400 MHz short on its overclocking ability with 100mV more voltage poured onto it. And, the XMP profile has timings that are so sloppy they might as well be programmed for 6800. There is no point in even trying to use them in my benching beast. They're just not cut out for it. (This kit did not get RMA'd because I purchased it used, but it would have been otherwise.)

This is what the expensive kits are supposed to do, and so far I haven't purchased one that can. And, it's not due to lack of trying. They're just selling lots of compromised garbage.

U6DC65b.jpg

J8QwOZg.jpg

@Custom90gtdid you get your green sticks yet?

• Thumb Up 2

They should redesign the 12VHPWR connector completely, and stop using clips. If they would use one screw on each side (like an old VGA cable) so the cable CAN'T move until the screws are removed the problem would be solved. The design is inherently flawed. This is NVIDIA's abortion.

I agree with Jay's observations and comments in this video. I do not believe the issue is CableMod products. Interesting that 70% of the burned GPUs are from one brand. I do believe CableMod is doing the right thing, even though they technically don't need to. I have a ton of respect for them.

• Like 1

So far with this 13900ks:

Was sent a few messages offering to buy it off of me for $800 and $1000

Tested in the NH55 laptop. Fully expected it not to post and it didn't disappoint. 🙂 No post. Will need a BIOS update that will never come unless we get a Prema/Dsanke/Hidden Gem application.

In the Z690 D4 looking at the VF curve I sure wish it did post in the NH55 because it has the best 4.3 point I've seen.

I was able to finally see it was my 12900k that tapped out on DDR4 at 4133 not my Z690 D4 as this 13900k booted right up at 4300 1:1 no problem and zoomed through TM5.

I'll end up running some other baseline benchmarks and tests to add to my comparative collection versus the other 12900k's I've tested before I install the MSI Z790i Edge in my other test mATX case to start testing these M-die's and A-die's to see where they give up the ghost seeing as the MSI is rated for 8000+.

• Thumb Up 2

45 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

They should redesign the 12VHPWR connector completely, and stop using clips. If they would use one screw on each side (like an old VGA cable) so the cable CAN'T move until the screws are removed the problem would be solved. The design is inherently flawed. This is NVIDIA's abortion.

I agree with Jay's observations and comments in this video. I do not believe the issue is CableMod products. Interesting that 70% of the burned GPUs are from one brand. I do believe CableMod is doing the right thing, even though they technically don't need to. I have a ton of respect for them.

The connctor is good enough. The problem is the small flimsy hook/latch. This connector should have been 40% bigger and with a much better locking mecanism. Even a better hook/latch on current connector would help on the problem. The smoke and fire will continue until this connctor get a re-design. And this won't happen before next gen cards is out at end of 2024. All we can hope for.... Class action against Nvidia or the governments force them to make a re-call of all cards with this connctor.

But as you know... This new small connctor is now also on the new modern ATX 3.0 PSUs. This will be a delicate mess forwards. If we see fire with the new ATX 3.0 PSUs I think we will see a change faster than you think.

• Thumb Up 2

7 minutes ago, Papusan said:

The connctor is good enough. The probel is the small flimsy hook/latch. This connector should have been 40% bigger and with a much better locking mecanism. The smoke and fire will continue until this connctor get a re-design. And this won't happen before next gen cards for end of 2024. All we can hope for.... Class action against Nvidia or the governments force them to make a re-call of all cards with this connctor.

That would be wonderful (huge lawsuit and recall). I agree the problem is the latch. In the purest sense, the problem is the connector because the chintzy latch is part of it. That's why I suggested the screws. Either solution (yours or mine) would work equally well. Even better, incorporate both larger size and screws so it literally can't come loose.

We live in a world where "bright" ideas (that actually aren't) causes solutions to problems that don't exist, or create new problems in the process of fixing an old one. The proverbial cure being worse than the disease. There is no place where this is more apparent than technology. Everyone is in a rush to get rich selling solutions to fake problems or inventing new gimmicks that nobody actually needs.  

On 6/17/2023 at 12:18 PM, Mr. Fox said:

The tree-huggers can ram the electric cars up their tailpipe. To be blunt, I think EVs are an extremely stupid money-driven gimmick. They add no value and I am not interested in reducing my use of fossil fuels. The US already does more than their part and until all other countries are jumping through the same hoops the idiot environmentalist hoaxes are making us jump through, I'm not willing to lift a finger to contribute to their stupid nonsense. The harder they push, the more I want to drive an older vehicle with a huge, inefficient gasoline or diesel engine, just to spite these idiots. They can kiss my battery shiny hiney.

Technology is always interesting, even when the logic behind it is flawed and driven by an irrational agenda.

• Thumb Up 1