NotebookTalk

Game Screenshot Thread

Hertzian56

I can't believe how much gaming yesterday I did. it was just pure awesome(should be speeld awsome) I really had fun. FORZA 7 is just that good, it can take someone that doesn't want to game and force them to play for hours, I'm thinking of starting RDR2 when I'm 100 percent done forza 7

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

no rt cp77 still looks amazing, oh right the size allowed is now only around 3mb, eh so this thread is now limited by the ptb, I'm not going to go resize all my images for this site, sheesh makes me think of finding a new place--- hm wonder what the limit is on "or it didn't happen" thread?

SMALLLLLLEr.png

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Days gone again, they nailed the color palette, looks very apocalyptic 😁

2023.03.14-15.39.41_30.png

• Thumb Up 2

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

14 hours ago, cylix said:

Days gone again, they nailed the color palette, looks very apocalyptic 😁

2023.03.14-15.39.41_30.png

I played the heck out of this game when it first came out on pc, are there dynamic seasons? can't remember think I uninstalled it. It did look amazing I remember that.

14 hours ago, ryan said:

@Reciever can you please allow for bigger pictures, alot of people are complaining. thanks brother

I don't really care, just not post as much here it's just the weasly way they do it, just come out and say ok you can now only post 4mb PER time period TOTAL whereas before it was 4.88mb PER post, that's an obvious huge downgrade but in weasel fashion and is applied to individuals according to the ptb's whims, nah not going to fly too far w me. Highlights one of the huge problems I have with this forum, too bad the other one was abandoned much friendlier and better NBR'rs.

• Thumb Up 2

3 hours ago, Hertzian56 said:

I played the heck out of this game when it first came out on pc, are there dynamic seasons? can't remember think I uninstalled it. It did look amazing I remember that.

Yeah it has some dynamic weather , when you go in the mountains it can snow and everything is covered with snow, but its a little funny, your character has only a shirt and jeans west and hes driving in snow storm, normally hes after 10 minutes dead from hypothermia   🤣

• Thumb Up 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

5 hours ago, ryan said:

@Reciever can you please allow for bigger pictures, alot of people are complaining. thanks brother

Nope. We dont have the money to facilitate that at the moment.

4 hours ago, Hertzian56 said:

I don't really care, just not post as much here it's just the weasly way they do it, just come out and say ok you can now only post 4mb PER time period TOTAL whereas before it was 4.88mb PER post, that's an obvious huge downgrade but in weasel fashion and is applied to individuals according to the ptb's whims, nah not going to fly too far w me. Highlights one of the huge problems I have with this forum, too bad the other one was abandoned much friendlier and better NBR'rs.

We host our own forum, just licensing forum software. Storage is a limitation we have not been able to expand on quite yet as scaling it up will need some consideration first. 

The benchmark thread has the same limitation that the entire forum has. They predominantly do not embed pictures directly into the forum storage as they eat up the per user allocation pretty much the first day. To get around this they embed pictures from imgur and other sites like it. Those that do clear out previous pictures since most of the time they only use it for additional context during the topic of the day.

7 minutes ago, Reciever said:

Nope. We dont have the money to facilitate that at the moment.

We host our own forum, just licensing forum software. Storage is a limitation we have not been able to expand on quite yet as scaling it up will need some consideration first.

ok would have been nice to hear that rather than just the sudden drastic upload limit, how you do things matters.

Just now, Hertzian56 said:

ok would have been nice to hear that rather than just the sudden drastic upload limit, how you do things matters.

There has been no change on my part or that of @Hiew. Its perhaps just hitting your per user limit. I had edited additional context to what you might have perceived as favoritism is the forum members realizing the limitation of the forum as it is currently and using other picture hosting sites to get around this limitation, which is perfectly amicable as the forum has the ability to embed them (or at least that is my current understanding). 

You can visit this page to see what you have uploaded, what post it is attached to, see how much free space you have, and delete stuff.

https://notebooktalk.net/attachments/

(I've gotta imagine the high-resolution PNG images posted in this thread are rather large and would quickly eat into the limit...)

Once I realized that there was a limit on attachments, I just started hosting images externally.  I also noticed that all you have to do is post the URL in the edit box; the forum editor will automatically transform it into an image and display it in-line, that's pretty nice.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2023 (personal) • Dell Precision 7560 (work) • Full specs in spoiler block below
Info posts (Dell) — Dell Precision key postsDell driver RSS feeds • Dell Fan Management — override fan behavior
Info posts (Windows) — Turbo boost toggle • The problem with Windows 11 • About Windows 10 LTSC

Spoiler

Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2023 (personal)

• M2 Max
    • 4 efficiency cores
    • 8 performance cores
    • 38-core Apple GPU
  • 96GB LPDDR5-6400
  • 8TB SSD
  • macOS 14 "Sonoma"
  • 16.2" 3456×2234 120 Hz mini-LED VRR display
  • Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth 5.3
  • 99.6Wh battery
  • 1080p webcam
  • Fingerprint reader

Also — iPhone 12 Pro 512GB, Apple Watch Series 8

Dell Precision 7560 (work)

• Intel Xeon W-11955M ("Tiger Lake")
    • 8×2.6 GHz base, 5.0 GHz turbo, hyperthreading ("Willow Cove")
  • 64GB DDR4-3200 ECC
  • NVIDIA RTX A2000 4GB
  • Storage:
    • 512GB system drive (Micron 2300)
    • 4TB additional storage (Sabrent Rocket Q4)
  • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021
  • 15.6" 3940×2160 IPS display
  • Intel Wi-Fi AX210 (Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth 5.3)
  • 95Wh battery
  • 720p IR webcam
  • Fingerprint reader

Previous

• Dell Precision 7530, 7510, M4800, M6700
  • Dell Latitude E6520
  • Dell Inspiron 1720, 5150
  • Dell Latitude CPi

Uh no yesterday my limit was 4.88mb per post, today it's around 4mb PER a defined time period, it shows us pretty clearly when we try to post photos what the limit is, went down by the size I posted here last. I'm not saying it's favoritism never said that I said it was adjusted for some reason, drastically within 1 day which I received no notice of anywhere on this site. Please give a site wide policy as to the limit either PER day or PER post.

Nah not worth the hassle of external sites and such, like NBR liked the local thing, ok can you take down and delete the screenshots thread then?

9 minutes ago, Hertzian56 said:

Uh no yesterday my limit was 4.88mb per post, today it's around 4mb PER a defined time period, it shows us pretty clearly when we try to post photos what the limit is, went down by the size I posted here last. I'm not saying it's favoritism never said that I said it was adjusted for some reason, drastically within 1 day which I received no notice of anywhere on this site. Please give a site wide policy as to the limit either PER day or PER post.

Nah not worth the hassle of external sites and such, like NBR liked the local thing, ok can you take down and delete the screenshots thread then?

Again we haven't made any recent changes to the forum, it was updated and Hiew did announce to the forum when that occurred.

Here are the current settings that have been in place since the original inquiry to picture attachments last year.

image.png.363122f01210bd0cc8f107ef5604e00b.png

NBR was owned by a corporation as well as had ads running, neither of which apply here :( 

Thats right, I said favoritism, since it was insinuated. Anyways the above settings have been place for almost a year. Once you use up what is available the amount you will be able to upload will reduce until you dont have any space available.

Ok so it is an automatic thing bc yes I saw a huge difference in the space of 24hrs. Yeah screenshots thread a bad idea then, and nexus sized screenshots def a bad idea here, eh just do that over there then not here. Anyone who's posted screenshots/images to nexus knows they WANT/recommend only 1080p and above images up to 8mb each.

sigh, @Hertzian56 I'm with you man. It's impossible to spice things up and make things interesting. too many limits. I agree.

I will push through for a bit, but threads like this are great ideas and fun. interesting. now we find out a day later we can't do it???

As for the money issue. no ones against monitizing it, I would gladly pay 30/mth for more pic storage and something above the rest. the hook needs a worm.

also just to put the nail in the coffin blow this image up

Screenshot-26.png

there was literally like 100 consistent members now we have like 10. time for a change, a lure

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I want to show off some of my mods, but it won't let me upload img unless its linked to www.imgbb.com

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

19 minutes ago, ryan said:

sigh, @Hertzian56 I'm with you man. It's impossible to spice things up and make things interesting. too many limits. I agree.

I will push through for a bit, but threads like this are greaat ideas and fun. interesting. now we find out a day later we can't do it???

As for the money issue. no ones against monitizing it, I would gladly pay 30/mth for more pic storage and something above the rest. the hook needs a worm.

also just to put the nail in the coffin blow this image up

Screenshot-26.png

there was literally like 100 consistent members now we have like 10. time for a change, a lure

Hm I guess you reached your limit for external content then? Not sure how that applies to limits here though? I just don't want to have to open up the image then reduce it to put it here is all, too much extra work and not going to get some external storage for one site if I was really into it for work or for other reasons sure but it was just here and I liked the direct pasting. Looks like that's done here, I get it space costs money just wish it was more transparent than finding out after the fact and no I'm not going to read through some long policy not interested. If it was more organic and explained it as you use the site would be better. My max total size now is 343 kiloBytes, eh I can't remember but I referenced some other blog like site with similar topics try to find that one again for more scope.

it's not that iv'e reached a limit. its always been under 150kb which is not enough for a picture..period. no ability to show off pics. I have to laboriously upload to imgbb.com

but I will push through. im going to show you GTA enhanced mod, its out of this world. I think it says ray tracing but it looks like cube maps, it doesn't matter the best gta v mod is still script hook. do you have any gta or rdr2 mods you can show? or hecka  youtube video as we can't post pics here.

side note I downloaded RDR2 and wouldn't mind checking out some free mods(benchmarking and IQ reference)

is this where you get your mods from

https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/categories/18/

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

7 minutes ago, ryan said:

it's not that iv'e reached a limit. its always been under 150kb which is not enough for a picture..period.

Check https://notebooktalk.net/attachments/ and see what is eating up your space.

Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2023 (personal) • Dell Precision 7560 (work) • Full specs in spoiler block below
Info posts (Dell) — Dell Precision key postsDell driver RSS feeds • Dell Fan Management — override fan behavior
Info posts (Windows) — Turbo boost toggle • The problem with Windows 11 • About Windows 10 LTSC

Spoiler

Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2023 (personal)

• M2 Max
    • 4 efficiency cores
    • 8 performance cores
    • 38-core Apple GPU
  • 96GB LPDDR5-6400
  • 8TB SSD
  • macOS 14 "Sonoma"
  • 16.2" 3456×2234 120 Hz mini-LED VRR display
  • Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth 5.3
  • 99.6Wh battery
  • 1080p webcam
  • Fingerprint reader

Also — iPhone 12 Pro 512GB, Apple Watch Series 8

Dell Precision 7560 (work)

• Intel Xeon W-11955M ("Tiger Lake")
    • 8×2.6 GHz base, 5.0 GHz turbo, hyperthreading ("Willow Cove")
  • 64GB DDR4-3200 ECC
  • NVIDIA RTX A2000 4GB
  • Storage:
    • 512GB system drive (Micron 2300)
    • 4TB additional storage (Sabrent Rocket Q4)
  • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021
  • 15.6" 3940×2160 IPS display
  • Intel Wi-Fi AX210 (Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth 5.3)
  • 95Wh battery
  • 720p IR webcam
  • Fingerprint reader

Previous

• Dell Precision 7530, 7510, M4800, M6700
  • Dell Latitude E6520
  • Dell Inspiron 1720, 5150
  • Dell Latitude CPi

Well I showed pics previously of mods applied to rdr2, at least the graphics ones like rampage snow on the ground and dynamic seasons/vestigia fall time colors in the other thread. A lot of them are just QOL annoyance minimizer stuff, uh I have the jobs ones, the contracts one, the bounties one, rampage has like 100 mods right in it, no more stumbling/slipping, open all interiors, reduce camera shake, Lennys Mod Loader, version.dll, the blade asi loader, zippy UI, 1907 New Austin, and a few more mostly QOL bc dynamic seasons/vestigia kind of override everything else including vignette disabler. Not into youtube much at all so won't be doing that, just links found on dsog to others stuff etc Since I have almost no room now I wouldn't bother to reduce things here and there not worth it.

34 minutes ago, Aaron44126 said:

Check https://notebooktalk.net/attachments/ and see what is eating up your space.

yeah that's kinda handy, 50mb is pretty low limit imo though, in todays world. I don't want to delete any attachments I put here.

Actually the more I think about it an archive.org account with images might be viable then just link to that I'm not aware of any file size limits or max total file sizes on that site, would a link to an image on that site show up here as an image or just a url link?

Test:

https://archive.org/details/dr_der-mensch-als-industrielpalast-man-as-industrial-palace-10579000

uh after I click on it there gives me a window w just the image try that

10579000.jpg

Nice seems to work if you click on the image in archive and then paste that link here it shows it as an embedded image. So in future I'll just do that when I really feel a need to post an image here.

• Like 1

Well here is another possible incentive for paying membership to NBT......If you subscribe a larger slice of space for screenshots?

Maybe even a little 'credibility' badge in the market place?

Sorry @Reciever I know your busy and have many things to do. It's just another idea to throw in the pot.

5o9p00el1lp51.thumb.png.5795e4534e45a8faeaaef7b3f416b5df.png

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

RainBird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx860m win10LTSC