NotebookTalk

Official Clevo X170SM-G Thread

electrosoft

1 hour ago, MaxxD said:

Thanks!

You see a very good question.😊

Yes, the factory system (Heatsink) knows if the paste is properly applied.

I also have the i9 delido.

my 10600k is too, LM on both cpu and gpu, in fact

image.thumb.png.47343473a9485ec1e97a98f2227e7877.png

using my usual setup, so slight overclock and undervolt on both cpu and gpu, I got 82 C on hottest cpu point and 67C on gpu..so as said perfectly in line with yours considering the differences

• Thumb Up 1

24 minutes ago, ymsv said:

On air only , how is comparing to the original one ( without any overclock , undervoltage , ... ) ? 

And at that point isnt it actually a desktop ? 

can't answer the no undervolt part, especially on cpus as relatively power hungry as these...not sure it'd be possible not to run into thermal throttle..however if you set it up to sustainable levels for daily use like I did, temps are gonna be more reliable than the stock heatsink. In my case ( 10600k) it takes an unlocked power level and 4.8Ghz or more to get over 90C, on auto fans by the way. The stock heatsink in my case was less constant and the gpu vapor chamber bent very easily..once I figured out the correct pad dimensions this new hybrid heatsink is better overall, both cpu and gpu. Worst case scenario I've seen with around 420W consumption, 76C on gpu and upper 80C on cpu, for hours and with a fan profile that wasn't pegged to the max.

I was told there are new fans to be purchased by the same seller, however given their cost I'd like to first see tests if they are worth it.

I should note I use Copper IHS, LM on both cpu and gpu..as far as I know it's the best that you can do without using the water loop.

Portability is the same, had no issues moving it around and fitting it in its bag.

• Thumb Up 1

23 hours ago, 1610ftw said:

Excellent temperatures, looks like you could run that CPU at 4.9 or 5.0 GHz all cores 🙂

How easy is it to connect and disconnect and does the fluid have to be drained out of the heat sink for mobile use?

I looked at the 5GHz and 5.1GHz. 5GHz (under 100% stress test 85C Max.) 5.1GHz test 87C degrees max.

I watched an FS (5GHz and 5.1GHz - GPU OC all time ON) test, it didn't bring much, but it goes nicely if you need it and that's the point.

Picture:

5GHz

x170_fs_water_on_5ghz_cpu_oc_gpu_oc.thumb.jpg.a56db7fa7bbed80eaae9abfe5f85e02a.jpg

5.1GHz (Here the CPU got more points, but the GPU didn't go better than the previous test, but the OC was the same!)

x170_fs_water_on_5.1ghz_cpu_oc_gpu_oc.thumb.jpg.0a1fc6f573e67a8c6a70a0060f520a06.jpg

For me, this system is fine and I no longer torture hardware with such tests. I use the machine and everyone should do it! Go! 😆💪👍

• Thumb Up 2
  • Thanks 1

◄►Clevo® X170SM-G + AIO Water SystemWin10 & 11 x64 Pro "Dual Boot" System◄►+ Pioneer®BDR-209EBK + RaidSonic®ICY BOX IB-550STU3S►LG®OLED55C9PLA "4K" 120Hz G-Sync 1MS►HP®DeskJet GT 5820 (X3B09A)◄►*.*

I tested a little and 5.2GHz (All Core) for max. What this CPU knows so "basic" case, but it can be otherwise, 5.3GHz is trying (all core) and unfortunately it doesn't know the cpu (all cores at a time - all core) so left 5.2GHz and nearly 30,000 points were scored by Physics Score (3DMark Fire Strike) and 89C degrees during the stress test. Good job! Its consumption was over 200W+ .... and 1.514v CPU Core Voltages max.😆

Full system consumption under benchmark 425W+ which is not a little! The GPU showed a consumption of 210W.

Unfortunately, we are moving on the fact that there are already (much) computing performance and less consumption, and Mobile processors are already on the market and cheaper when it came to the market, it was king of the i9, but the time passed quickly. I will stay sure for a long time, because it will be enough for a couple of years (for me) and I think you are. You could buy a 2x new machine every year (even at the beginning of the year and the end of the year ...)😏😊

Edited by MaxxD

◄►Clevo® X170SM-G + AIO Water SystemWin10 & 11 x64 Pro "Dual Boot" System◄►+ Pioneer®BDR-209EBK + RaidSonic®ICY BOX IB-550STU3S►LG®OLED55C9PLA "4K" 120Hz G-Sync 1MS►HP®DeskJet GT 5820 (X3B09A)◄►*.*

26 minutes ago, FTW_260 said:

@MaxxDwhat thermal paste do you use?

Prolimatech 

Just now, MaxxD said:

Prolimatech 

It seems to me that on the kryonaut extreme temps should be lower. Not much, but still.

TongFang GM6PX8X | 13900HX | 32Gb@6600Mhz C40 | RTX4080 | QHD @240Hz | PM9A1 1Tb | PREMA MOD | Custom 360mm AIO Liquid System |

24 minutes ago, FTW_260 said:

It seems to me that on the kryonaut extreme temps should be lower. Not much, but still.

AlphaCool Subzero Thermal Grease I have 16 W/mK paste, but not much better, the prolimatech is more durable, after 1 year it leads the heat than when it was exposed.😊

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ymsv said:

cheers, though I'll be honest, weirdly as this sounds I destroy those xmg ultra 17 scores, even with a 10600k, and I've seen prema machines do 13k on (iirc) timespy, but still, decently faster than the 2080s

• Thumb Up 1

On 3/14/2023 at 9:34 PM, MaxxD said:

I tested a little and 5.2GHz (All Core) for max. What this CPU knows so "basic" case, but it can be otherwise, 5.3GHz is trying (all core) and unfortunately it doesn't know the cpu (all cores at a time - all core) so left 5.2GHz and nearly 30,000 points were scored by Physics Score (3DMark Fire Strike) and 89C degrees during the stress test. Good job! Its consumption was over 200W+ .... and 1.514v CPU Core Voltages max.😆

Full system consumption under benchmark 425W+ which is not a little! The GPU showed a consumption of 210W.

Unfortunately, we are moving on the fact that there are already (much) computing performance and less consumption, and Mobile processors are already on the market and cheaper when it came to the market, it was king of the i9, but the time passed quickly. I will stay sure for a long time, because it will be enough for a couple of years (for me) and I think you are. You could buy a 2x new machine every year (even at the beginning of the year and the end of the year ...)😏😊

My system eventually looks like this and I am completely satisfied with it.

I can only recommend it to anyone! Not cheap, but it's worth it! 🙂

x170_new_system_water.thumb.jpg.7501ff78d3f158331c4ce195e346919e.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 10:33 AM, joe4kyo said:

my 10600k is too, LM on both cpu and gpu, in fact

image.thumb.png.47343473a9485ec1e97a98f2227e7877.png

using my usual setup, so slight overclock and undervolt on both cpu and gpu, I got 82 C on hottest cpu point and 67C on gpu..so as said perfectly in line with yours considering the differences

How does your GPU UV look like?

XMG Neo 17 (E24)  | 14900HX | 32GB 5600 CL48@7000 CL34 | RTX4090 | QHD @240Hz G-Sync | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO | Killer WiFi 1675i

This is impossible for my RTX 2080. 
Everything above 2010Mhz requires more than 1.0V…

XMG Neo 17 (E24)  | 14900HX | 32GB 5600 CL48@7000 CL34 | RTX4090 | QHD @240Hz G-Sync | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO | Killer WiFi 1675i

I've got a X170SM with stock FW v1.07.04 and it won't recognise two new RAM sticks?

It had 2x 16GB Corair sticks in it and now I bought 2x Corair 2933MHz sticks but they only show up as 2x 16GB in the BIOS and Windows.

Tried the fn+D+Power thing.

Tried going in the BIOS and "load defaults"

Tried pulling the CMOS battery for 15 mins. This caused a CMOS battery message and a bunch of reboots but it detected them as 2x 16GB again.

They show up correctly as 2x 32GB in HWinfo though with all the product IDs and the speed info present. Just can't get the BIOS to see or report them correctly though. They are installed in the two base slots by the CPU, same as the ones I took out.

2 hours ago, Yumi said:

I've got a X170SM with stock FW v1.07.04 and it won't recognise two new RAM sticks?

It had 2x 16GB Corair sticks in it and now I bought 2x Corair 2933MHz sticks but they only show up as 2x 16GB in the BIOS and Windows.

Tried the fn+D+Power thing.

Tried going in the BIOS and "load defaults"

Tried pulling the CMOS battery for 15 mins. This caused a CMOS battery message and a bunch of reboots but it detected them as 2x 16GB again.

They show up correctly as 2x 32GB in HWinfo though with all the product IDs and the speed info present. Just can't get the BIOS to see or report them correctly though. They are installed in the two base slots by the CPU, same as the ones I took out.

I've had similar issues while doing cleanups and tests without removing the mystical clevo fan control ( and service) before opening it up and disassembling it, the bios went berserk because of xmp mostly. Did some gymnastics of using the first slot under the keyboard after having the bios reset before I could use the machine again.

After that I could use all the slots with xmp without issues.

For context I am also using the latest clevo bios, dsanke unlocked. Once I updated the bios and unlocked it, it ran fine without issues, maybe a reflash can help

1 hour ago, Bidelloman said:

For context I am also using the latest clevo bios, dsanke unlocked.

Thanks. I'll try using one / both of the under keyboard slots and see if that jolts it into discovering the new sticks.

BTW, is there an unlocked version of 1.07.04? I've seen reference to an unlocked 1.07.02 in other posts.

8 hours ago, Yumi said:

Thanks. I'll try using one / both of the under keyboard slots and see if that jolts it into discovering the new sticks.

BTW, is there an unlocked version of 1.07.04? I've seen reference to an unlocked 1.07.02 in other posts.

Unlocker works for every version I tried for smg

I know you have the RTX 2080 Super MXM version (Clevo/Kapok) 220W vBIOS. Can anyone confirm this? If so, where is it located?

3 hours ago, Bidelloman said:

Unlocker works for every version I tried for smg

Thanks. Might give it a try.

Anyway, happy days. Moving the upper bottom RAM stick into the keyboard right-hand slot and leaving the other in the lower bottom slot prodded the BIOS into reading them both and now the full 64GB at 2933MHz shows up in the BIOS and Windows. After that, I could move the RAM stick from the keyboard slot back to the original bottom slot and it works fine.

As an aside, it was worth lifting up the keyboard to fish out the dust bunnies living under it O_0

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yumi said:

Thanks. Might give it a try.

The unlocker from the googledrive link worked just fine on 1.07.04. No error messages and I now have a metric ton of new menu options in the BIOS 😁

• Thumb Up 1