NotebookTalk

Thanks!

Maxware79

I'd like to give a big shoutout and thanks to @Hiew and @Reciever for giving us another platform to keep our discussions regarding everything PC (and more) going strong. 

The site looks clean and easy to use and I'm looking forward to being a part of it while it rises from the ashes of NBR. Here's to many more years of us dribbling about how much better things (laptops) used to be! 😉

• Like 5

Alienware Aurora R15 - i9-13900KF - RTX 4090 - 32GB DDR5 

Alienware M18x R2 - i7-3920XM - GTX 970M - 16GB 1866Mhz DDR3L - Samsung 970 Evo with MXM to NVMe Adapter - Custom Delft Blue  

Alienware X51 - i7-3770 - NO GPU - 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3  Alienware M17x R3 - i7-2760QM - GTX 580M - 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Alienware Area 51 ALX - i7-975 Extreme - GTX 980 - 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3   Alienware Aurora R2 - i7-3770K - GTX 670FTW - 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3 

Alienware Aurora R4 ALX - i7-3930K - GTX 1060 - 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3        Alienware Aurora R4 ALX - i7-3930K - GTX 670FTW - 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Thanks!

We've spent a while getting it running fast and stable, listening to suggestions, and tweaking. There's still a lot left to do but I think we've got a nice platform to build on with plenty room to expand should the need arise.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Thanks for the mention, I mostly just did coordination and tried to communicate it as well as possible to @Hiew about how to keep the community together.

I should be ok to help out the rest of this week with most issues that come up, after that I am moving so this all had to happen this week lol 

• Thumb Up 1

ive already said it in person on ts but id also like to voice my thanks for keeping the forums going 🙂

• Like 1

Alienware M18X R2 | Nebula Red | i7 3740QM [OC'd to 4Ghz] | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA Quadro P4000 | 75hz OC'd Display |

MXM to NVMe Adapter with Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB

Alienware 17 R4 | i7 6700HQ | 16GB RAM | GTX 1070 | 100hz OC'd LG 1080p Display

Alienware M18X R1 | Space Black | i7 2960XM | 16GB RAM | GTX 780M

17 minutes ago, Reciever said:

I should be ok to help out the rest of this week with most issues that come up, after that I am moving so this all had to happen this week lol 

I stand by when I offered my help. Just poke me whenever you need, if you need someone to keep your balls rolling while you're away or for any other tasks. I'm working from home and have this open pretty much all day...

A huge thank you to both @Hiew and @Reciever!!! And please Hiew, look after your health as a first priority. You cannot imagine how strongly I feel about that given my own present circumstances... In any case, this forum is looking great already. So I can't see any rush to do any more with it right away. It's the rest of us who need to catch up now with adding content.

Thank you @Hiew & @Reciever for all your hard work on this new home for our community! 🙂

I love the clean look & the way it functions, very simple & refreshing. 🙂

The editor controls are nice & easy! 🙂

Does this forum have a template name? I think I'd like to try it as my local info wiki 😄 

Edit: AAAHHH! Sweet, I found the dark mode!!! 😄

Alienware M18x R2: i7-3740QM | RX 480 4GB
Alienware M17x R4: i7-3720QM | GTX 1060 6GB | 120Hz
Alienware Aurora R5: i7-6700K | GTX 1080 SLI | 64GB RAM
Alienware X51 R2: i7-4790 | ASUS GTX 1070 Turbo

I would also like to say Thank your to both @Hiew and @Reciever for their hard work in getting this new forum up!.

{Main System:} The Beast

Spoiler

{Cooling:} Corsair H170i Elite

{Mainboard:} Asrock X670E Pro

{CPU/GPU:} AMD Ryzen R9 7900x3D / AMD RX 7900 XTX (Asrock Phantom)

{RAM/Storage:} 2x 16GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance 6400MT/s , 13TB WDD SN850X 2x4TB, 2x 2TB, 1x 1TB

{PSU/Case:} Corsair RM 1000x V2, Corsair 7000D Airflow (Black)

{OS:} Windows 11 Pro

Realtek Nahimic 3 Modded Driver for MSI Systems:Latest

Thank you for putting in the effort on such a short notice to get an alternative forum up and running! It's clear to see that being liberated from TechnologyGuide also presents a lot of opportunities. No longer will Charles' requests and community suggestions fall on deaf ears! I appreciate how the subforums are now less biased towards notebooks. The forum already looks slick and feels very responsive. Great work!

Thanks to both indeed, MagicMike reporting for duty!

If at some point this forum can be made compatible with Tapatalk it would be stupendous:)

PS. Happy to chip in to cover the cost of the upkeep of this.

Alienware M18X R2 18.4" - i7 3920MX @ 3.1GHz, 24GB DDR3 RAM, MSI GTX 1070, 256GB SATA SSD

Nice!!😀@jlp0209hi bro, how can I make signature😅

@Recievergreat job, Sugoii!! Would be more sugoii when you can add Razer on manufacturer name😅

Can we also reply specific post from above? I quoted but let’s see if it appears and notified the user.

• Thanks 1

Razer Blade 14 2021 5900HX 3070maxq blade pro 130 watt vbios 2TB Samsung evo plus

MacBook Pro 14 2021 m1 pro 10cores cpu 16 cores gpu 1TB 16gb unified memory Mini led 120Hz pro motion

Razer Book 13 2020 Intel 1165g7 intel xe 96EU 16gb DDR5 Ram 1TB Samsung Evo + Razer Core V2 housing 3070 zotac Twin Edge (mrsp support no scalpers)

Razer Blade 15 Advanced 2018 intel 8750H gtx1070 maxq 90 watt original vbios second new battery installed lol

Razer Edge 2013 gt640LE (will go to retirement when steam deck comes sometimes in Q2, if fedex not steal it)

MacBook Pro13 old dual core cpu intel HD4000, 12gb ram 1TB sandisk SSD to keep it alive 

Consoles: PS4 Pro, Switch v1, Switch lite, IPad Pro11 2018, IPhone 6s Plus, IPhone 13, Razer Phone 2, PS Vita, Apple Watch series 7 LTE 

35 minutes ago, joikansai said:

Nice!!😀@jlp0209hi bro, how can I make signature😅

@Recievergreat job, Sugoii!! Would be more sugoii when you can add Razer on manufacturer name😅

Can we also reply specific post from above? I quoted but let’s see if it appears and notified the user.

Should be able to, if it doesn't notify and its a chronic issue then please report or ping either myself or  @Hiew we will look into fixing it

Will get a Razer sub-forum once I get back to my desk thanks for pointing that out!

2 hours ago, joikansai said:

When you click the + image.png.8e5f20a7a13353ee2a89147fb1b5493f.png button it will add it to a queue which is shown at the bottom right of the page image.png.e296ef4801b26b782daae4bfc30c60f1.png .
Or you can click on the text for other options
Then click on the text box to reply you can click the "quote x post" button and it will insert it into your reply.

@joikansai @mentions work great as well as when you hover over it will show you more options

Signature settings are under "account settings"

https://efgxt.net/settings/signature/

@joikansaiSolution was posted a bit ago hopefully it works for you. I'll be lurking the new Razer section, haha, even though I promised myself never again due to my recent Blade 14 support disaster. Can't deny, a 3070 Ti in that form factor is killer...Happy with my Legion, got it at a great price. Will either keep it, or sell it to get the newer Legion 5 when they launch (or become readily available...8 months from now due to tech shortage)... or a Blade. 

Lenovo Legion Pro 7i: i9 13900HX / RTX 4090 / 32gb DDR5 5600 RAM / 1tb + 4tb ssd.

I would also say thanks to Reciever and Hiew. 

NBR was my goto everyday. Not much hardware tweaking any more but windows "fixes", Random topics and Pics, Games that people liked to play and just a general community of people with a similar interest. So...

Love your work Fellas :thumbs-up-100:

• Thumb Up 1

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

RainBird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx860m win10LTSC

Wondering what the current total user count is here. Unfortunately, it seems that laptopforum.net is gaining traction, not sure if it's real but they show about 140 currently.

Poking around I noticed members who have joined both. Is this really a direction we want to go? To be honest, I've got too many other forums on my plate and rather not join 2 additional ones with the same purpose. Hiew and Reciever have put in a lot of work here, it would really be a shame to go to waste if more and more folks just join the other one.

What can we do to help? What other channels we have to advertise this forum? It would probably help a bit if we're on a more "final" name. Are we going to stick to efgxt? I don't mind it, actually I think it's cool, but the other one having a more NBR copy/paste name, probably drove up their user count.

Glad this came out of the ashes of NBR; granted I joined a month or two ago, and towards the end of the life of the forum, I wish I could've gotten to bond with everyone more, as the community was honestly pretty awesome.
Here's to the future, yeah?

• Thumb Up 2

Kirisame: Custom build

Ryzen 7 5800X

32GB HyperX DDR4-3733 CL18

ASRock Phantom D OC RX 6800XT

1TB Samsung OEM gen4

2TB Inland Platinum

2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Huawei Matebook D14

i5-10210U
8GB DDR4
500GB NVME

I'm liking what I'm seeing here so far. The bones are taking shape nicely. I do want to ask if this forum will have Tapatalk support. It's not a big deal if it won't. I just need to know if I should renew my subscription when the time comes.

Desktop: Ryzen 5 5600X3D | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 4070 Super | 4 TB SSD | Windows 11

MacBook Pro 14: M1 Max 10-core CPU | 64 GB RAM | 32-core GPU | 2 TB SSD | macOS

Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Gaming: Ryzen 7 6800H | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3050 | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Pro: Ryzen 5 5600U | 16 GB RAM | Radeon Graphics | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

When does your sub expire? 

There are a number of things we would love to incorporate but we do want to have a community discussion to determine high priority requests and overall direction. Have been mulling it over and was thinking maybe 1 week after NBR is officially taken offline? Should give enough of a chance for more people to be a part of that.

A few members have asked about TapaTalk support, its definitely on our list.