Jump to content
NotebookTalk

New Desktop in da House!


cylix
 Share

Recommended Posts

OK, so i couldn't wait anymore 😅 . The downfall of my Clevo, still in the repair shop, pushed me quicker over the edge and i started to order my hardware for a new Desktop after 13 years if i remember correctly. 😄. It will be a work in progress over many months, i was aiming for the build after the RNDA 3 launch and after the birth of my second son. But the itch is there and cannot be ignored anymore so here it is:

 

Case: Lian Li O11  Evo Dynamic White+Mesh Panel - i really like the Case, lot of customization possible, but you need to pay for every bit 😅. Good airflow, the inverse build option also really interesting for me because of the placement of the case on the left side, also if i will do a custom loop its adequate. And also not that big. I dont have a lot of space on my small desk. Price: 195 Euro+2o Euro mesh panel..really Lian Li..

 

Mainboard: i went with the Asus Strix B650-A Wifi - i went with it because is one of the few White Boards, i need white because of the white build that i am aiming for. Also the other good white x670 options are in my opinion to expensive for what they offer, the strix x670 and the Asrock taichi. Like i said, this is a build that will take some time, maybe until the CPUS that i am aiming for are here: the AM5 x3d chips so for sure the mainboard will be replaced in the future when more white options are available. Price: 248 Euro after i had some Amazon points 😅.

 

CPU and RAM: AMD 7900x with 32 Kingston Fury Beast 4800 CL38: ok here i got a little lucky and i got a new CPU with the ram in a package for 600 EURO. I know the ram is not the best but it came for free with the CPU so for the start it will do, it will be only for starting the rig and

will try to overclock the shit out of it and when ill find a good price for the 6000-6400 Trident Z in white i will sell it.

 

AIO: Lian Li Galahad 360mm SL V2 white - very good AIO from all the reviews and also one of the few good looking in white.

 

SSD: I will take the 2xSamsung  SSD 970 Evo from the Clevo and for the main SSD probably ill get a 2TB: the Firecuda or something similar, still open on this.

 

PSU: Corsair RM1000x 1000W 80+ Gold - not much to tell, one of the best 1000w on the market also got a discount on it. Price 150 Euro.

 

GPU: well here ill wait until RDNA 3 comes up or i can get an ARC770 just for the fun of testing it. Until then the place will be occupied by an EVGA 1660 Super SC Ultra Gaming, jeez what a long name 🤣.

 

Monitor: already here and used with the Clevo: the big boi Samsung 49 Odyssey G9 Neo

 

Keboard and Mouse: also already here: Razer Pro Type and Pro Click in white. Really good looking stuff, but i have some mixed feelings for the keyboard.. its disconnecting  a little to often out of thin air..Razer quality 😅

 

Small stuff like fans and the sort : Gonna go with the Lian Li 120 UN SL Fans and Lian Li RGB strimmers.

ll update with photos when the stuff here is

 

 

  • Thumb Up 5
  • Like 1

Lian Li O11Dynamic EVO MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi AMD Ryzen 9 7900x Lian Li Galahad 360 V2 Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo 32GB Kingston Renegade RGB Z 6000ghz SSD: Kingston KC3000 2TB, 2x Samsung 970 Evo 1TB Corsair HX1500i Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cylix said:

OK, so i couldn't wait anymore 😅 . The downfall of my Clevo, still in the repair shop, pushed me quicker over the edge and i started to order my hardware for a new Desktop after 13 years if i remember correctly. 😄. It will be a work in progress over many months, i was aiming for the build after the RNDA 3 launch and after the birth of my second son. But the itch is there and cannot be ignored anymore so here it is:

 

Case: Lian Li O11  Evo Dynamic White+Mesh Panel - i really like the Case, lot of customization possible, but you need to pay for every bit 😅. Good airflow, the inverse build option also really interesting for me because of the placement of the case on the left side, also if i will do a custom loop its adequate. And also not that big. I dont have a lot of space on my small desk. Price: 195 Euro+2o Euro mesh panel..really Lian Li..

 

Mainboard: i went with the Asus Strix B650-A Wifi - i went with it because is one of the few White Boards, i need white because of the white build that i am aiming for. Also the other good white x670 options are in my opinion to expensive for what they offer, the strix x670 and the Asrock taichi. Like i said, this is a build that will take some time, maybe until the CPUS that i am aiming for are here: the AM5 x3d chips so for sure the mainboard will be replaced in the future when more white options are available. Price: 248 Euro after i had some Amazon points 😅.

 

CPU and RAM: AMD 7900x with 32 Kingston Fury Beast 4800 CL38: ok here i got a little lucky and i got a new CPU with the ram in a package for 600 EURO. I know the ram is not the best but it came for free with the CPU so for the start it will do, it will be only for starting the rig and

will try to overclock the shit out of it and when ill find a good price for the 6000-6400 Trident Z in white i will sell it.

 

AIO: Lian Li Galahad 360mm SL V2 white - very good AIO from all the reviews and also one of the few good looking in white.

 

SSD: I will take the 2xSamsung  SSD 970 Evo from the Clevo and for the main SSD probably ill get a 2TB: the Firecuda or something similar, still open on this.

 

PSU: Corsair RM1000x 1000W 80+ Gold - not much to tell, one of the best 1000w on the market also got a discount on it. Price 150 Euro.

 

GPU: well here ill wait until RDNA 3 comes up or i can get an ARC770 just for the fun of testing it. Until then the place will be occupied by an EVGA 1660 Super SC Ultra Gaming, jeez what a long name 🤣.

 

Monitor: already here and used with the Clevo: the big boi Samsung 49 Odyssey G9 Neo

 

Keboard and Mouse: also already here: Razer Pro Type and Pro Click in white. Really good looking stuff, but i have some mixed feelings for the keyboard.. its disconnecting  a little to often out of thin air..Razer quality 😅

 

Small stuff like fans and the sort : Gonna go with the Lian Li 120 UN SL Fans and Lian Li RGB strimmers.

ll update with photos when the stuff here is

 

 

 

noice, desktop boiiiis lets goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

lets-go-7c7c89c779.jpg

  • Haha 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6600 2x16 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 2x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" UHD 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB

 

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel 12600 @ 4.4 - 4.8 Ghz / Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6 / G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3800 / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Intel AX201 ax+BT / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of the stuff arrived😃

 

 

IMG-20221018-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20221018-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20221018-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20221018-WA0003.jpeg

  • Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

Lian Li O11Dynamic EVO MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi AMD Ryzen 9 7900x Lian Li Galahad 360 V2 Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo 32GB Kingston Renegade RGB Z 6000ghz SSD: Kingston KC3000 2TB, 2x Samsung 970 Evo 1TB Corsair HX1500i Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cylix said:

Some of the stuff arrived😃

 

 

IMG-20221018-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20221018-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20221018-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20221018-WA0003.jpeg

 

hardware pr0n, hope theres no kids around! 😂👌🏻

  • Haha 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6600 2x16 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 2x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" UHD 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB

 

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel 12600 @ 4.4 - 4.8 Ghz / Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6 / G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3800 / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Intel AX201 ax+BT / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

 

hardware pr0n, hope theres no kids around! 😂👌🏻

Haha, well i need to hide and build everything when my son is not in the house or sleeping if not hes going to think the cpu is a duplo piece😂. A very expensive one

  • Haha 1

Lian Li O11Dynamic EVO MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi AMD Ryzen 9 7900x Lian Li Galahad 360 V2 Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo 32GB Kingston Renegade RGB Z 6000ghz SSD: Kingston KC3000 2TB, 2x Samsung 970 Evo 1TB Corsair HX1500i Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

More goodies arrived. Still waiting for the case ans psu.. Hopefully they will come until the weekend. No more patience 😁

IMG_20221019_122854.jpg

  • Bump 1

Lian Li O11Dynamic EVO MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi AMD Ryzen 9 7900x Lian Li Galahad 360 V2 Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo 32GB Kingston Renegade RGB Z 6000ghz SSD: Kingston KC3000 2TB, 2x Samsung 970 Evo 1TB Corsair HX1500i Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, cylix said:

More goodies arrived. Still waiting for the case ans psu.. Hopefully they will come until the weekend. No more patience 😁

IMG_20221019_122854.jpg

LOL dude ur parts are arriving at a blistering pace! it took me like 1.5 months from the very first order (mouse) until the very last core part actually arrived (gpu). with u its like wham bam bam, done and done inside a week 🤣

  • Haha 2

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6600 2x16 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 2x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" UHD 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB

 

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel 12600 @ 4.4 - 4.8 Ghz / Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6 / G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3800 / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Intel AX201 ax+BT / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haha yes had all the pieces in my head already just needed to find some bargains for them. For sure i forgot some small stuff but it will come when the bulk is there.

I am in a dilemma right now..i found a cheap used Gigabyte 3080 Vision 10g around 600 euros, should i get it and thus complete my white build with a card that still is relevant instead of the 1660?Just bridge the time until rdna 3 release or just wait..if the rumors are true rdna will come only in December 😅

Lian Li O11Dynamic EVO MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi AMD Ryzen 9 7900x Lian Li Galahad 360 V2 Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo 32GB Kingston Renegade RGB Z 6000ghz SSD: Kingston KC3000 2TB, 2x Samsung 970 Evo 1TB Corsair HX1500i Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another Ryzen 9 build - another thread to subscribe to. Is it Christmas already? :classic_laugh:

 

  • Haha 1
  • Bump 1

Serenity                    -> Dell Precision 7560
Millenium Falcon    -> Dell Precision 5530
Axiom                        -> Lenovo ThinkPad P52 (work)
Moldy Crow             -> Dell XPS 15 9550

Spoiler

Millenium Falcon: Dell Precision 5530
    i9-8950HK CPU
    2x16 GB DDR4 2,666 MHz
    1 TB SSD
    NVIDIA Quadro P2000
    UHD 3840 x 2160
    Ubuntu 20.04 / Windows 10 LTSC

Axiom: Lenovo ThinkPad P52
    i7-8850H
    2x32 GB DDR4
    1 TB SSD
    NVIDIA Quadro P2000
    UHD 3840x2160
    Windows 10 Pro

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, serpro69 said:

Another Ryzen 9 build - another thread to subscribe to. Is it Christmas already? :classic_laugh:

 

Haha i wish was Christmas,  then all the pieces were presents and i didnt need to pay out of my pocket 😂.

I hope the case is here tomorrow or latest Friday,  coming from Denmark, really hard to find the dynamic evo in white. Amazon will get it back in stock in 1 to 2 months. Sadly PSU is onöy on Saturday here. So maybe ill get it up on Sunday

Lian Li O11Dynamic EVO MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi AMD Ryzen 9 7900x Lian Li Galahad 360 V2 Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo 32GB Kingston Renegade RGB Z 6000ghz SSD: Kingston KC3000 2TB, 2x Samsung 970 Evo 1TB Corsair HX1500i Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, cylix said:

Haha yes had all the pieces in my head already just needed to find some bargains for them. For sure i forgot some small stuff but it will come when the bulk is there.

I am in a dilemma right now..i found a cheap used Gigabyte 3080 Vision 10g around 600 euros, should i get it and thus complete my white build with a card that still is relevant instead of the 1660?Just bridge the time until rdna 3 release or just wait..if the rumors are true rdna will come only in December 😅

 

hmmmm tough decision. whats ur use case and ur budget? will the 3080 eat some of the budget u would invest into a 40 series or RDNA 3 gpu? if so, better wait. if it doesnt make a difference budget wise then go for it and enjoy high fps until u make a proper nextgen decision.

same goes for use case: have time NAOH for gaming and later not so much? then go the 3080 route. otherwise, if the 1660 holds u up sufficiently in your current games, its worth the wait.

  • Thumb Up 2

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6600 2x16 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 2x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" UHD 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB

 

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel 12600 @ 4.4 - 4.8 Ghz / Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6 / G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3800 / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Intel AX201 ax+BT / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jaybee83 said:

 

hmmmm tough decision. whats ur use case and ur budget? will the 3080 eat some of the budget u would invest into a 40 series or RDNA 3 gpu? if so, better wait. if it doesnt make a difference budget wise then go for it and enjoy high fps until u make a proper nextgen decision.

same goes for use case: have time NAOH for gaming and later not so much? then go the 3080 route. otherwise, if the 1660 holds u up sufficiently in your current games, its worth the wait.

Yeah thats a good question. Timewise now i have little more time, in November comes the second Kid.. I was thinking if i can get the card under 600 E maybe in 2 months when RDNA 3 is there and the water settles i can sell it again with not much loss. The problem is if RDNA3 is expensive like 4090, over 2k ill not pay that much. Budget for the card is like 1,3-1,4k E maybe.

  • Thumb Up 1

Lian Li O11Dynamic EVO MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi AMD Ryzen 9 7900x Lian Li Galahad 360 V2 Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo 32GB Kingston Renegade RGB Z 6000ghz SSD: Kingston KC3000 2TB, 2x Samsung 970 Evo 1TB Corsair HX1500i Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, cylix said:

Yeah thats a good question. Timewise now i have little more time, in November comes the second Kid.. I was thinking if i can get the card under 600 E maybe in 2 months when RDNA 3 is there and the water settles i can sell it again with not much loss. The problem is if RDNA3 is expensive like 4090, over 2k ill not pay that much. Budget for the card is like 1,3-1,4k E maybe.

 

im pretty sure it will be less expensive than the 4090 at least. AMD isnt there yet where they can demand more or even just on par pricing with Nvidia. with 1300-1400€ u should be very solidly positioned to get one of the two flagship cards theyre planning to launch in dec 🙂 

and i totally get the time constraints with a kid on the way! 😅

  • Bump 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6600 2x16 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 2x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" UHD 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB

 

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel 12600 @ 4.4 - 4.8 Ghz / Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6 / G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3800 / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Intel AX201 ax+BT / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jaybee83 said:

 

im pretty sure it will be less expensive than the 4090 at least. AMD isnt there yet where they can demand more or even just on par pricing with Nvidia. with 1300-1400€ u should be very solidly positioned to get one of the two flagship cards theyre planning to launch in dec 🙂 

and i totally get the time constraints with a kid on the way! 😅

Yes i think im going to wait and use the 1660 until rdna 3, only if a very good deal will come ill bite.

 

In other news i just ordered the main SSD😂.

I went with the Kingston kc3000 2TB, looks like is one of the fastest ssd out there beating 980 pro and sn850. Price was 212 after rebate.

  • Thumb Up 2

Lian Li O11Dynamic EVO MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi AMD Ryzen 9 7900x Lian Li Galahad 360 V2 Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo 32GB Kingston Renegade RGB Z 6000ghz SSD: Kingston KC3000 2TB, 2x Samsung 970 Evo 1TB Corsair HX1500i Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congrats..

 

I'm also jumping ship, the gap between desktop and laptop is too hard to ignore...and besides who lugs around a laptop and games for 50min on the train..Cell phones fill that void..I say get the best desktop and cell you can and F the rest 

  • Bump 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes Desktop is the way to go now for home use, laptops are to  crap now.. Stupid limits and bga that u cannot repair now.. Only throw in the trash bin. A PC is way easier to maintain and upgrade for many years without much hassle.. Change the gpu every 2 3 years and your good to go.

 

Case and some other small stuff arrived. Like a extra IO top kit for it. Love the o11 dynamic evo but lian li surely knows hot to make money out of it.. Every tiny bit of extra customization you need to pay😂😂

 

Just waiting for the PSU and ssd and i am good to go.

 

 

IMG_20221020_114015.jpg

  • Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Lian Li O11Dynamic EVO MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi AMD Ryzen 9 7900x Lian Li Galahad 360 V2 Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo 32GB Kingston Renegade RGB Z 6000ghz SSD: Kingston KC3000 2TB, 2x Samsung 970 Evo 1TB Corsair HX1500i Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tps3443 said:

I did not see this thread until now. This is a very high end build. 
 

What is that Lian-Li top IO kit?

Thx 👍. Its an extra piece of the case that you can change on top of the case so you can have the IO (usbs and audio jack) panel that is under the case on top 

Lian Li O11Dynamic EVO MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi AMD Ryzen 9 7900x Lian Li Galahad 360 V2 Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo 32GB Kingston Renegade RGB Z 6000ghz SSD: Kingston KC3000 2TB, 2x Samsung 970 Evo 1TB Corsair HX1500i Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/18/2022 at 5:16 AM, cylix said:

Some of the stuff arrived😃

 

 

IMG-20221018-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20221018-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20221018-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20221018-WA0003.jpeg

 

I really like the look of that Strix board, especially around the I/O. Can't wait to see it lit up!

 

Congrats. 🙂

 

  • Thumb Up 1

Electrosoft Prime: 12900k | Asus Z690 Strix D4 | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420mm AIO | G.Skill 4133 2x16GB B-Die G1 | Samsung 980 1TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | LG 49" 144hz IPS
Heath: i3-12100f | Asrock B660M Pro RS | Asus Strix 3080  | 32GB Klex 3600mhz  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | HP ZR30w 30" 2560x1600 IPS

MelMel: i5-12500 | Asus Prime B660 | Asrock Intel A380 | 16GB G.Skill 3600mhz |  512GB M.2 | Gamdias | Dell 25" 240hz 1080p
ZtecPC X170SM-G Prema | SL 10900k | Nvidia RTX 2080 Super (Currently DOA) | Corsair 3800 @ 3200 14-14-14 | 17.3" 1080p 144hz

Boxx X170KM-G | 11900k | Nvidia RTX 3070 | Corsair 3200 64GB (2x32GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | 17.3" 1080p 144hz

MSI GL66 Pulse | i7-12700h | RTX 3070 | 512GB | 16GB | 15.6" 144hz 1080 IPS ** Acer Nitro 5 | i5-10300H | RTX 3050 | 16GB | 256GB | 15.6" 144hz  1080p IPS 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

 

I really like the look of that Strix board, especially around the I/O. Can't wait to see it lit up!

 

Congrats. 🙂

 

THX,im going crazy have everything except the most important piece, the PSU.  I orderd a second one, an evga 1000W from Amzon with the guarantee for saturday delivery:D Wich one comes first its get inside the case 😆

  • Bump 1
  • Confused 1

Lian Li O11Dynamic EVO MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi AMD Ryzen 9 7900x Lian Li Galahad 360 V2 Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo 32GB Kingston Renegade RGB Z 6000ghz SSD: Kingston KC3000 2TB, 2x Samsung 970 Evo 1TB Corsair HX1500i Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cylix said:

THX,im going crazy have everything except the most important piece, the PSU.  I orderd a second one, an evga 1000W from Amzon with the guarantee for saturday delivery:D Wich one comes first its get inside the case 😆

 

LOL ok, 110% priority on whichever comes first HAHAHA

 

ure going insane and i love it 🤣

  • Haha 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6600 2x16 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 2x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" UHD 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB

 

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel 12600 @ 4.4 - 4.8 Ghz / Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6 / G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3800 / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Intel AX201 ax+BT / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update on the psu saga😃

 

Amazon screw me again. After i bought the psu with the Saturday guarantee delivery they send me an email yesterday night that they are sorry but will delivery it only on Tuesday 😬. Bunch of ass.. And they are sending it with Hermes.. I hate this transport company here in Germany.. They come every time only like 8 9 pm o'clock.. If they come.

So i canceled the order of course and drove right now 40 min to the closest pc shop thats a little professional and have an corsair 850x pps in stock.   You can forget 1000w to find in stores here. So sad that in Germany there isnt any big computershops like in USA where you can drive and just take what you want..

So the corsair 850x would do right now for the short future.

 

Also i send back the case fans.. I mistakenly orderd the sl uni version instead of the newer al uni.. Of course the new ones are coming only on Wednesday 😅. But at least i can start the build now in the weekend.

Also i made the Lian li case in reverse mode, i have to give it to lian li engineers, the transition to reverse mode is very well thought.

  • Thumb Up 1

Lian Li O11Dynamic EVO MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi AMD Ryzen 9 7900x Lian Li Galahad 360 V2 Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo 32GB Kingston Renegade RGB Z 6000ghz SSD: Kingston KC3000 2TB, 2x Samsung 970 Evo 1TB Corsair HX1500i Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys i need some help building the desktop, 😁.

 

So the motherboard has a 24 pin connection an 8 pin connection and a 4 pin connection.

I have connected the 24 pin and the 8 pin. The problem is my psu doesn't have a 4 pin connection. No cable in the box...only 3 cables with 8 pin connection. Will it work without the 4 pin??

IMG_20221022_154559.jpg

IMG_20221022_154532.jpg

Lian Li O11Dynamic EVO MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi AMD Ryzen 9 7900x Lian Li Galahad 360 V2 Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo 32GB Kingston Renegade RGB Z 6000ghz SSD: Kingston KC3000 2TB, 2x Samsung 970 Evo 1TB Corsair HX1500i Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMG_20221022_154503.jpg

Lian Li O11Dynamic EVO MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi AMD Ryzen 9 7900x Lian Li Galahad 360 V2 Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo 32GB Kingston Renegade RGB Z 6000ghz SSD: Kingston KC3000 2TB, 2x Samsung 970 Evo 1TB Corsair HX1500i Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, cylix said:

Update on the psu saga😃

 

Amazon screw me again. After i bought the psu with the Saturday guarantee delivery they send me an email yesterday night that they are sorry but will delivery it only on Tuesday 😬. Bunch of ass.. And they are sending it with Hermes.. I hate this transport company here in Germany.. They come every time only like 8 9 pm o'clock.. If they come.

So i canceled the order of course and drove right now 40 min to the closest pc shop thats a little professional and have an corsair 850x pps in stock.   You can forget 1000w to find in stores here. So sad that in Germany there isnt any big computershops like in USA where you can drive and just take what you want..

So the corsair 850x would do right now for the short future.

 

Also i send back the case fans.. I mistakenly orderd the sl uni version instead of the newer al uni.. Of course the new ones are coming only on Wednesday 😅. But at least i can start the build now in the weekend.

Also i made the Lian li case in reverse mode, i have to give it to lian li engineers, the transition to reverse mode is very well thought.

 

hahaha im glad u got something in hand buddy. but dont make the mistake of settling for "worse" hardware only to have it in hand a few days earlier. its gonna bite u in the butt later down the line.

 

and true, the big trusty tech shops in germany are mostly online only or have like a single digit number of brick n mortar stores around. not really convenient. what would be the alternative, like Media Markt / Saturn? 😅😂

 

7 minutes ago, cylix said:

Guys i need some help building the desktop, 😁.

 

So the motherboard has a 24 pin connection an 8 pin connection and a 4 pin connection.

I have connected the 24 pin and the 8 pin. The problem is my psu doesn't have a 4 pin connection. No cable in the box...only 3 cables with 8 pin connection. Will it work without the 4 pin??

IMG_20221022_154559.jpg

IMG_20221022_154532.jpg

 

LOL thanks for instantly proving my point above @biting u in the butt 😄

 

in any case, u can just plug in the 8 pin and ull be fine, unless ure planning to do some super serious OCing.

also, looking at the pin outs, u could theoretically plug in half of an 8 pin into the 4 pin mobo, just make sure the pins align with each other in terms of their physical shape (some are square, others have rounded corners).

 

HOWEVER!

make sure that ure using the proper motherboard connectors on the PSU side. sometimes they have different pin outs for PCIe (gpu) and EPS 12V (CPU).

  • Haha 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6600 2x16 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 2x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" UHD 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB

 

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel 12600 @ 4.4 - 4.8 Ghz / Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6 / G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3800 / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Intel AX201 ax+BT / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use