-
Posts
6,724 -
Joined
-
Days Won
823
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Posts posted by Mr. Fox
-
-
47 minutes ago, tps3443 said:
BGA cannot be upgraded. But, it can be upgraded if you sell the laptop after a few years and just buy another one lol. That’s what you did with your 3090KP and 12900KS (Both items cost similarly to a whole high end gaming laptop)
4090 and 13900K cannot be upgraded either. I’d have to replace them after a few years. Just like a gaming laptop.
If I buy a 4090 and a waterblock that’s gonna cost me $1,969 USD.
That’s kinda how I’ve been looking at it anyways. I guess if I bought a 4090 and a 13900KS right now that is easily $2,300+ for (2) parts. In which I could nearly buy an entire laptop.
Regardless of BGA or desktop, we’d be wasting money on technology that is disposable either way and becomes worthless after a while. It would be the same old rinse and repeat with a laptop as it would be with a desktop.
I view that as a really lame argument and you're missing the point entirely. But, it is common and that's why all laptops are BGA excrement. Consumers have bought into that line of thinking and now everyone is saddled with trash being the only option if they want a laptop.
You can do what you want to if it is not BGA as long as parts are available. You can't upgrade to a better part model within a single generation if you already bought the best for that generation, but you can replace or repair those parts as needed. You can upgrade to next generation, or you can upgrade to a better version within the same generation. You can sell your 3090 and get a 3090 Ti, or wait and get a 4090 Ti, etc.
47 minutes ago, tps3443 said:If I buy a 4090 and a waterblock that’s gonna cost me $1,969 USD.
And it will still have value when you replace it later. You can use is as an upgrade on a second desktop or sell it for probably half or more than what you paid for it. You have options. With the turdbook, it will be worth less than half what you paid for it, maybe less than half, when you are ready to replace it. You cannot upgrade it or affordably repair it and you lose more money in the long run. The laptop OEMs know this and make more money in the long run. That's why they enjoy screwing everyone that buys their garbage.
8 minutes ago, Etern4l said:A desktop is partially upgradable and trivially repairable. My case is 15 years old, PSU lasted 14 years, fans lasted 15 years, an AIO should be good for 5 years. If I need a faster GPU, I can replace just this component without touching anything else. I can reuse that component in another PC, or sell it - selling a graphics card is presumably easier and inherently less risky than selling a high-end laptop.
A $2300 13900K+4090 combo will provide 1.5x+ CPU processing power, and the GPU will be about 2x faster than the fastest BGA laptop.
Right. All or most of my components get a double-life. Most of the parts span multiple upgrades and an upgrade of one machine either results in sale of the parts removed, or an automatic upgrade of my second system and sale of the parts removed from that one. Lots of flexibility and options. Not a dead-end, throw-away compromise that loses value faster than a used car and performs poorly (less than what is is capable of) due to poor engineering, gimped firmware, and the manufacturer focusing on form over function.
I am fine with people choosing to take that path. It's their money and their choice. I'm just not fine with it being the only option available or the rationalization that it is OK that laptops are all BGA garbage because of [insert lame excuse].I paid $500 for my turdbook. It's available when I need it, and I don't need to pretend it is a "desktop replacement" because it isn't. It's a $500 mobile solution for isolated needs. It will play games if there is some weird reason I would need to use it for that. If it could not and I can't do without playing games for a few days, then I need help with other personal problems, LOL.
-
3
-
1
-
-
Looks like EK is now offering a direct die AIO kit for the people that are scared of going the custom loop route.
-
1
-
-
1 hour ago, tps3443 said:
I don’t see what all the fuss is over BGA.
Because you are not alone in having lowered personal standards of acceptability (it is very common) BGA feces has become the new normal and now the only options available for purchase are rubbish. It has nothing to do with whether or not these turdbooks perform well. It is about how they are made, and why they are made as they are, that make them unacceptable. The bar is set as low as it can go now.
Think about if you had received a horrible CPU sample instead of your golden chip, or the trash Strix 4090 that I returned to NewEgg for a refund (payment currently pending). What are your chances of being able to return the laptop because the silicon sample for the CPU or GPU (or both) is lousy and it doesn't overclock worth a darn? Or, you decide you don't like how it is made in some other way and wish you had made a different choice? You cannot sell the CPU or GPU, or return them, or exchange them. They are permanently integrated into the mainboard. If either one of them die outside of warranty, you cannot replace them with a new or used part like you can if they are not BGA. There is no opportunity for mitigation of your bad luck or poor purchasing decision. With replaceable components the CPU or GPU can be the same, better, maybe newer, or older and less expensive, a new part or a used part... your choice.
The BGA turdbooks are dead-end, one-shot wonders. You draw a short straw and you're screwed. Need a new GPU outside of the warranty? Are you going to pay $1200-$1800 (or more) to revive an obsolete product with a replacement mainboard, then hope/pray that the CPU and GPU attached to that mainboard are not crappy samples? Or, are you just going to go vomit up another $2500-$3500 for a whole new turdbook? I'm not OK with that. Neither option is good or acceptable. It is difficult for me to understand how anyone could be OK with that. That's just really messed up IMHO.
1 hour ago, tps3443 said:But portable gaming machines are just really cool!
I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I disagree with that statement. I do not believe they are cool and there is nothing that can be done to convince me that they are. If the person buying that believes it, then that's all that really matters. It's their money. Not my problem, other than there are no acceptable options. But, either way, thinking they are cool is not a legitimate basis for rationalizing the acceptance of an inferior engineering concept or greed-serving design model. If what people like me think about this mattered, then we wouldn't be left with exclusively disgusting castrated turdbooks as the only options to choose from.
-
1
-
6
-
-
10 hours ago, Papusan said:
Doesn’t matter. Older “normal” laptops can do what they are meant to do. Portable usage and some gaming on the go. I don’t see the need or pleasure spending +3000$ on modern laptops. I wish I could find an cheap X170 here home. But people are happy with them and use it the whole lifespan. Often 5 years +. Maybe I find one within 2 years to supplement my other old laptops :) A hell lot better than buy a thin 500$ Jokebook. And much more fun.
Moore's law rambling about Nvidia's laptop scam... 56:51 RTX 4070 / 4060 / 4050 Laptop Reviews
I'm at the point now where I actually don't really care anymore. Even when good laptops were available they required compromises that I am no longer willing to make because I don't need to. I can use a cheap piece of crap for mobility when it is necessary. Otherwise, there is no good logic for making compromises. If I were still traveling and away from home 70-75% of the month I would feel differently and be extremely disappointed rather than not caring. But, it doesn't really affect me now, so that is why I don't care. It sucks real bad for those it does affect. People that it shouldn't affect because they do not travel extensively and need mobility should stop wasting their money on turdbook garbage. Stop feeding the pig!

-
2
-
1
-
2
-
-
37 minutes ago, tps3443 said:
Thanks, let me know an exact water temp. I was going to compare with the same clocks and see how our direct dies compare to each other.It changes throughout the day. RIght now it is 31°C. Around 3:00 PM my office was 80°F and the water was 36°C. If you want to due a true comparison, you'll also need to set the core voltage to 1.365V static. I don't have a CPU that can run voltage as low as yours. VCCSA 1.300V, power limit is 4095W (PL1 and PL2) and amps (current limit) are maxed out, VDROOP disabled and Intel Guardband disabled. My memory is clocked to 8000 CL35-48-48-42 and 1.475V, which will also increase the CPU temperature.
I almost bought one of these. Based on Steve's review, I think I still want one. It doesn't look as nice as the Intel A770 but it looks like Acer did a really nice job on it.-
3
-
2
-
-
11 hours ago, tps3443 said:
What is your water temp?Around 32°C. My office is hot (78°F) and I'm not running the chiller because that would just make my office hotter.
1 hour ago, Raiderman said:https://hwbot.org/submission/5215247_
Now number 1 for Ryzen 7950X, Number 5 for 16x CPU, 19th in the world overall, 3000ms behind brother @Mr. Fox
Thanks Windows 7 👍
Congratulations, brother. Nice job!
-
2
-
-
2 hours ago, tps3443 said:
The Gen13 model is longer, and the cold plate fins are literally 50% longer, and about 20% wider.
I'm glad they fixed their issues with the LGA 1700 block. The first revision that they ripped me off on was an absolutely worthless piece of trash. The 10th Gen was amazing.
2 hours ago, tps3443 said:EKWB has pushed orders back even further for their very own direct die option
I got mine from EKWB and installed it last night. I really like it. Super well-made and works nicely. Knocked about 6-8°C off my max load temps and about 3-5°C lower on my idle temps.






It came with Conductonaut and I used it, but I see now why I stopped using it and went back to Liquid Pro. It is too watery and core temps are less uniform. If it doesn't even out I will probably remove the Conductonaut and replace it with Liquid Pro. But, yeah... good results for sure. Ambient temperature in my office is 75°F (25°C) right now.
-
2
-
3
-
1
-
-
5 hours ago, Papusan said:
Time Spy is DirectX 12. From what I remember Win 7 doesn't support it.
Yes, it absolutely does support DX12. There are games that run it on Windows 7. Gears 5 is one example. I have tested it and it works better on Windows 7 than it does on Windows 10 or 11 (not surprise here). Same with resizable bar support. Everything is supported by Windows 7. The problem is that we are being lied to. Constantly. By complusive, habitual, compulsive liars who do not deserve the air that they breathe.
1 hour ago, Papusan said:I'm sure bro Fox enjoy the nice sound from the black box more than the puking colors😎 I still haven't installed any software to make this tolerable.
Yes, you know me well. Black with white light, or black with no light is what I like.
Use OpenRGB. Don't install the garbage from ASUS for the lighting. You do not have to run it except when you want to change the lighting.
Whenever possible I avoid using the RGB headers on my motherboard and use a cheap external controller so that no software is needed. I have my EKWB GPU block on the 3060 Ti and the EKWB Velocity block connected to that and I just push the buttons on it to make it static white. I only need to use OpenRGB if I have a GPU that has RGB controlled through the PCIe slot. With aftermarket waterblocks, you generally use a separate cable for RGB and I like that better than being native to the GPU.
-
1
-
1
-
-
17 minutes ago, Raiderman said:
Another difference between Windows 7, and 10. WPrime 32mb Windows 7- 1.171, Windows 10 1.393
Knowing my luck there is probably some rule about using Windows 7 and WPrime.
https://hwbot.org/submission/5214589_
Nope, no rule against it. Windows 7 rules with CPU performance and it shows in things like wPrime and 3DMark 11 and Sky Diver physics performance. W8, 10 and 11 suck and get utterly destroyed by W7.
The reason Time Spy won't run on W7 is they know it would totally wreck the scores submitted with W10 and W11.
-
1
-
2
-
-
14 hours ago, electrosoft said:
Apex Z790 vs Kingpin Z790:
I don't think he knows what he is talking about. Lack of experience with EVGA as a company and their excellent support, and lack of experience with how to get the right results with the EVGA firmware are pretty evident. If you learn how to use it, I think it is better. What I think he is right about though, is a noob that doesn't know what they are doing should not buy a EVGA Dark motherboard. It is not designed with gaming as a focus. It is not built for weekend warrior nonsense like TVB overclocking or applying an XMP profile and calling it good. It is built for overclocking and manual tuning. Period. They won't be happy because it works different than an ASUS mobo and they won't get any help figuring out what they need to do differently to get the results they are looking for.
The real problem with ASUS is QC, reliability and truly horrible anti-customer warranty support. Their community is nice, but it doesn't do jack when the part fails and ASUS treats you like crap. It seems evident to me that they don't care about the people that buy their products. Their behavior leaves room for no other conclusion.
While excusing themselves from GPU sales rather than kneel to NVIDIA may ultimately hurt EVGA in the long run, I respect them immensely for refusing to become a boot-licker. That might not keep them in business, but I wish more AIB GPU partners would take their approach and either tell NVIDIA to take a hike, or join force to form a mutiny, ignore NVIDIA and do things the right way. They won't though. They're too busy kissing booty with the Jolly Green Giant and the Redmond Reprobates to do the right thing.
3 hours ago, ryan said:is there a big difference between windows 10 and a startallisback with windows 11? isn't windows 10 still functioning, or are you guys still using windows 7?
my favorite was windows 95, hated everything up till windows 7. windows 10 was ok, windows 11 doesn't make sense neither did windows 8.1
It really boils down to what you are willing to put up with. Seeing how you spent so much time and effort to get higher benchmark scores, I can pretty much guarantee you that installing Windows 11 is not going to help you accomplish that. By default, it will take you in the extact opposite direction.
If you want to just install the OS and use it and don't care about the intent behind the design of it, and you're just going to play games and use it, and don't care about getting the best benchmark scores, then it is really nothing more than an extra-ugly reskinned version of Windows 10 with added telemetry, extra bloat and a default GUI that is less functional. The worst part of it is how insanely ugly and dumbed-down it is by default. I won't use it that way. It's absolutely disgusting.
All that said, if you actually want to tweak the snot out of it, enjoy breaking things on purpose, and enjoy spending the time and effort needed you can make it perform pretty much the same as Windows 10. This is where I am on the spectrum. I want to break things in Windows 11, and I want to do things with it that the idiots that made it do not approve of.
I know the Redmond Rugrats are never going to do what is best for anyone except for themselves. They do not care about doing the right thing. They do not care about user privacy, and they could not care any less what users want or don't want in the OS. So, I am also concurrently focusing on making Linux a replacement for Windows so that when it gets to the point that I am done with their nonsense I am prepared to live life without Micro$lop feces. They are not deserving of any form of acknowledgement, respect or consideration, so we should give them any.
-
2
-
2
-
-
3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:
While it won't fix the underlying issues with the OS in general, StartAllBack will fix the most troubling (disgusting) aesthetic aspects of the atrociously ugly GUI. You can use the script to remove/destroy Defender AV as well, and that help fix some things.
1 hour ago, Papusan said:Sadly, nothing can help make Win 11 to be a better option than older Windows versions. Put lipstick on this new buggy and tablet OS don’t make it any better.
Right. You can't truly fix everything that is wrong with it. You are merely treating symptoms and not curing the disease. All you can do is make it less disgusting visually and less inefficient to navigate. You can remove or disable some things, but it's still going to ultimately be the same botched up and bloated cancer OS under the hood.
In additional to removing Defender AV, there are dozens of worthless services that can be removed, or disabled if the idea of actually physically deleting Services scares you. And, you can remove garbage like the free M$ Office, OneNote, OneDrive, Teams and Edge browser using Revo Uninstaller Pro. You can also disable Micro$lop Updates. A side benefit to removing Defender AV is that it often seems to break cumulative update packages. They will try to install and fail, so that is a good enough reason all by itself.
If you want to update the OS you can always download the ISO from Micro$lop and do an in-place upgrade, but then you have to go back and redo a lot of what you spent time tweaking. But, you won't have to reinstall most software applications. An in-place upgrade usually requires reinstalling StartAllBack and redoing the tweaks.
-
2
-
1
-
-
7 hours ago, Papusan said:
Finally put in the HOF in the Black Box. Will be more like Black&White now😎 Could have been a better oc'r but memory at least above 1500 and cores above 300. And it seems I have to make a Win 11 install for this fancy card. This new modern OS will only used for benching... I just can't use it 24/7. Still no time for the small screen for the graphics card. I just hooked it up to the PSU shroud. So no time for fiddling with new bloatware, LOOL
The card is very stiff and solid. So you really don’t need to use the silver shining sagging bracket you can see in front of the pump.
Nice scores. Looks like a very good GPU, as it should be for the price. Probably best to use anti-sag bracket anyway as you have, just to keep stress of the weight off of the PCIe slot even though sagging is not an issue with the stiff GPU.
4 hours ago, Raiderman said:Ive yet to install that garbage, I'll probably VM it first to see how ridiculous it is. Luckily there are ways of changing the gui to something that resembles a functional OS.
While it won't fix the underlying issues with the OS in general, StartAllBack will fix the most troubling (disgusting) aesthetic aspects of the atrociously ugly GUI. You can use the script to remove/destroy Defender AV as well, and that help fix some things.
-
2
-
1
-
-
On 2/26/2023 at 4:23 PM, Hertzian56 said:
oof and they tell us mindless stereotypes are only on one side, apparently not.
Right? Personality, political correctness and optics over constitution, freedom, sound policy, national security and prosperity. It's scary how the wacky nutjobs have come out of the woodwork in the past two years. What an absolute mess. Not my circus, not my monkey. If they get away with election fraud during the next election cycle for a third time, it is going to be very bad. If they don't get away with it, it's still going to be very bad. They'll be equally crazy and intolerant no matter who gets elected if it is not another totalitarian lefty.
-
1 hour ago, Tenoroon said:
Yeah, it was connected.
I finally found some MXM pinout schematics and a 2 hour long tutorial of how to diagnose a GPU that isn't detected whatsoever. I've got a decent magnifying tool and plan on checking everything after school tomorrow. While I don't have the resources or tools to fix it, I'll feel at peace if I can figure out why it's not letting the computer POST.
From the little testing I've done, Clevo's MXM pinout is identical (or at least very similar) to the MXM 3.0 Standard pinout. I really hope Clevo's isn't much different as I remember to use the 10x+ series cards in other laptops, you had to do some funky stuff with the pins. I'll dig on the old archive and look at your tutorial to see what pins Khenglish modified and see what those exact pins are linked up to on the MXM standard.
Lot's of problem solving; it's annoying, but it's fun.The pinout is the same, but they use some typically unused pins for adding power rails that the MXM standard does not use.
-
2
-
1
-
-
19 hours ago, Tenoroon said:
Put the 2080 Super in my P870 and no POST at all. The laptop would try to turn on but failed every time. There's no power going to the card as the core and VRAM don't get warm. I oughtta probe this thing a bit more and see if I can find something weird.
Here's two videos: (I've never uploaded to Youtube and don't know why the top video came out as a short and I'm too lazy to fix it.)I could not tell from the video because I could not see the entire GPU. You do have the auxiliary power cord connected at the top edge of the GPU, correct? It cannot function without it.
21 hours ago, Raiderman said:Thais why I haven't seen any, they are Intel boards. I know EVGA makes a two slot X570 chipset board. Haven't checked in a while, but last I looked, still no X670's.
It is not clear if they will release an X670. They are usually late to the party, so they might. I've not heard or read anything suggesting they will. But, I do not think the X570 Dark was as successful as they had hoped, and if memory serves me correctly it was their first ever AMD board. By the time they made it to market most of the people that were going to go with an X570 platform had already bought something else. Rumor also has it that they had some trouble getting AMD to approve of the BIOS being done in the typical EVGA extreme performance focused kind of way, and we see how that turned out with NVIDIA's control freak approach to things. (EVGA ended the relationship rather than submitting to NVIDIA's demands.)
The ASUS Crosshair X570 firmware was a totally botched up mess because of AMD insisting that ASUS inject their dumbed-down firmware options. ASUS mingled that "approved" mess with the way the firmware should have been, and that made for a very clumsy UEFI environment, with conflicting and incompatible options.-
2
-
-
19 minutes ago, tps3443 said:
You should easily be able to run 5600 with 64GB of ram on a desktop. That seems crazy right?
Four sticks of DDR4 overclocked poorly compared with two sticks and that problem is even worse with DDR5. Best configuration for memory overclocking is two modules and a two-slot motherboard.
-
3
-
-
7 minutes ago, Etern4l said:
PTM7950, i.e. the "Honeywell" industrial-grade phase-change TIM. It's been incredible for me so far (almost 2 weeks, which is a period during which most other top pastes significantly degraded or failed on my system).
Nice. You are using it on your GPU? Temps are the same or better than something like KPX or Kryosnaut? Did you have to order the PTM7950 from China, or did you find a "normal" channel to purchase?
-
2
-
-
2 hours ago, Etern4l said:
LOL, what a mess.. Psst... P...T...M...7....
OK. I have to ask... PTM7? I know that as a Weller soldering iron tip, but I suspect that is not what you are referring to based on the ellipis between the digits.
-
I've never heard of this before. Have you guys? https://www.basemark.com/benchmarks/gpuscore/relic-of-life/
3090 KPE Stock
4090 Stock
Bright Memory: Infinite RTX Benchmark
3090 KPE Stock
4090 Stock
-
5
-
-
3 hours ago, electrosoft said:
Didn't @Talon get a Strix 4090 that could hit +2000 on the mem?
I do not remember. He may have.
2 hours ago, Papusan said:Remember vram in same way as ssd nand don't like the cold. Opimal temps should be around 60-65C. See how the vram perfom cold vs warmer.
Temps are in that range. The memory ran 10-15°C warmer on the Liquid X because the cooling of the memory was passive rather than active.
-
1
-
1
-
-
2 hours ago, Papusan said:
This doesn't cover everything bro Fox. This... Apply them all. None of the AIC partners put much work into binning or be sure they use the best parts for their flagship/enthusiast products. If they did.... You would never see this below from their enthusiast product. And they all do the same thing... Put all works into the estetic and design. Make a very good cooler can hide away the worst silicon quality.
Hopefully they will give me a refund and I can either buy nothing or just get the cheapest 4090 available. Based on most of the information available, the standard $1500-1600 4090 Zotac, MSI Trio and PNY options are so close in performance to the most expensive options available, and maximum overclock limits are within such a small margin that it makes no sense to spend more for something better that isn't actually better. I doubt the chilled water cooling would change anything for the better on the memory. The Strix actually runs cooler on the memory than the Liquid X did. (The Liquid X AIO cooling is only useful on the core. The memory and hotspot temps were higher due to the flawed AIO design. This is also true of memory temperatures on other GPUs that use an AIO due to flawed AIO design in general, not an MSI flaw.)
The only likely benefit of the chilled water would be higher boost clock due to lower core temperature.
Edit: Looks like poor memory overclocking is an inherent shortcoming for the Strix 4090. I don't know if it is a coincidence or a design flaw on the part of ASUS.
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-geforce-rtx-4090-strix-oc/41.html-
3
-
2
-
-
45 minutes ago, Tenoroon said:
That blows, I haven't been too happy with ASUS lately either. My G14 is a pain in the butt to work on, and recently, my father's GL553's SATA connector just upped and died so he can only use the M.2 SATA slot from now on.
While I don't like the idea of killing GPUs, I understand your frustration very much. I wish you the best in finding that it "suddenly stopped working" one day 😉I have been in contact with NewEgg. They offered to exchange it, or request an exception for a refund from the warehouse. I will find out on Monday if they will make the exception and offer a refund. I hope they will allow a refund, but if not I will exchange it and pray that the replacement is as good or better than the Suprim X. Either way, I think I am done for good with ASUS. I have said this before and I need to stop making exceptions and giving them second chances. The only products they make that I haven't had issues with are the budget and mid-range motherboards. All of their top shelf products have turned out to be garbage in my experience.
I believe one of the memory chips is defective, but I cannot test GDDR6X with MATS to confirm that. I can pass Unigine Superposition at +1350 on memory. If I set it to +1375 it black screens and will not run +1350 again unless I disable ECC.
1 hour ago, cylix said:@Mr. Fox i am sorry to hear you got a dud of strix, this show again how Asus dont give a damn about customers anymore, no chip selection or binning , only put that name label on it an sell it for ++profits.
And on another note, sry if im ignorant or sound like but how come you cannot return it? Here in EU we have the right as a customer to return whatever we want for whatever the reason for 14 days after purchase. How can some shops in the US forbid the return and they can get away with it.
EU and other countries have stricter rules for some things like this. I can exchange it within 30 days, but I am not guaranteed a refund, thus I asked for an exception. At this point I think I would be better off with a refund, because the replacement might not be any better and my preference would be to not have another ASUS video card. If I can get a refund, I am not sure if I will replace it or just keep using my old GPUs. I'm not enjoying any of this right now. If I do get a refund and replace it, I will try to get another Suprim X (non-liquid, as I did not like the AIO and would plan on blocking it anyway).
-
4
-
-
1 hour ago, electrosoft said:
I was hoping it was a monster sample or at least reached the levels of your Suprim 4090. Hows the coil whine on it? I'm always curious.
None that I can detect.
I am praying it dies very soon and has to be replaced, and that the replacement won't be worse. I am going to run the dog crap out of it to see if I can kill it. I've never hoped a piece of hardware I purchased would die under warranty, but ASUS needs to stop selling broken trash. This is NOT an enthusiast product. It's another pile of crap they sell to enthusiasts like everything else they sell to them. They need to get out of the business if this is an example of their top shelf feces. It was super stupid of me to expect anything different from their loser organization.
-
2
-
2
-
-
On 2/13/2023 at 5:01 PM, Mr. Fox said:
It's going to be interesting to find out how high this sucker will clock on a chilled water block. Getting "hot" it's still averaging 3126MHz on core, LOL. I am going to have to try more than +1600 on memory, too. Maybe it will do +1700 or more.
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/89118436
^^^Better product^^^
19 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:Well, so far, so good. I just installed it a few minutes ago.
Memory issues ruled out (job #1) from what I can see. Don't know how far the OC will go on core or memory yet. Hoping a Corsair GPU block will be enroute soon. Haven't peeled any of the plastic off yet.The only thing I am puzzled about is the OC vBIOS still allows the fans to turn off at idle. So, I am manually setting them because I do not want the fans to ever turn off for any reason. Things get warm at idle without fans running, and I don't need silence.
I spoke too soon. Crappy silicon for an extra $200. Thanks, ASUS. Should have waited for another Suprim X. I hope it dies under warranty so I can try my luck in the silicon lottery over again. Memory maxes out between +1350 and +1400. Suprim X had no issues with +1600. I can't match any of my Suprim X 3DMark scores, so it is as worthless to me as tits on a boar.
Left a pretty ugly 3-egg review for ASUS. My fault for choosing ASUS... again.
-
1
-
7
-




*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D
in Desktop Hardware
Posted
I thought maybe that was all the money left after the rest was wasted on a new turdbook.