NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

14 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

The sheer amount of headroom does really seem to indicate a lot of performance was left on the table and AIBs are going to have a field day along with blocks.

Historically, AMD has been anti-overclocking and has had a very anti-overclocker policy. By leaving a lot of headroom on the table it makes it easier to deny warranty if they can find any evidence of overclocking or performance modification, and they even go as far as mentioning that using the overclocking software they provide is a basis for warranty denial. If they push things to the edge (like NVIDIA) and the GPU fails, they're automatically on the hook for the warranty. So, they are being rather sly with self-insulation by selling an under-performer with lots of headroom that they know full well some customers are going to tap into. 

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

The fun part... The thread starter (nr1 bencher) for the "cheat graphics problems thread" posted benchmarks with ECC disabled. This days after he+ the mod team by own hands pushed out the new rules and said you risk be banned if you don't remove your old scores within one week yourself. 

It seems that rules seldom apply to the people making them up. The rules only have to be followed by the people that the rules are designed to victimize.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

51 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Historically, AMD has been anti-overclocking and has had a very anti-overclocker policy. By leaving a lot of headroom on the table it makes it easier to deny warranty if they can find any evidence of overclocking or performance modification, and they even go as far as mentioning that using the overclocking software they provide is a basis for warranty denial. If they push things to the edge (like NVIDIA) and the GPU fails, they're automatically on the hook for the warranty. So, they are being rather sly with self-insulation by selling an under-performer with lots of headroom that they know full well some customers are going to tap into. 

Yep, their policy is in small fat black print in the bootom of the KB article. Not sure I have seen nvidia offer the same. But nvidia don't have or offer own OC software. And then we have the AIC partners who make own rules/own OC software. A huge mess. 

Customize GPU Performance Tuning with AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition AMD.com

51 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

It seems that rules seldom apply to the people making them up. The rules only have to be followed by the people that the rules are designed to victimize.

They can and will moderate any scores if they see they are too good. Maybe they think newbies or the normy benchers can't have the best binned HW (only elite and top benchers can have that).

• Thumb Up 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

7 minutes ago, Papusan said:

They can and will moderate any scores if they see they are too good. Maybe they think newbies or the normy benchers can't have the best binned HW (only elite and top benchers can have that).

:classic_angry::classic_sad:🤣😠👍👎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

On 12/13/2022 at 1:24 AM, Talon said:

It's the second Zotac MSRP 4090 I've seen that easily hits 2000+ VRAM. Another guy I know can do +2200 on his Zotac. 

On 12/13/2022 at 1:25 AM, johnksss said:

Mine was a 1700+ So I felt pretty damn lucky after getting a 1200+ card.

may i ask, what value is this silly test cranking up the vRAM on desktop without any kind of load put onto it? if u click fast enough u might be lucky to skip the stability limit and up the clocks extra before hitting pay dirt i.e. when the system freezes 😄 gimme proper stability!

On 12/13/2022 at 9:01 AM, johnksss said:

Edit:

And so it begins.... They just blocked a bunch of my scores. I think I'm bout done with benching...

that sux man, sorry to hear that. specific benchmark or across the board?

On 12/13/2022 at 10:35 AM, Papusan said:

Thanks bro John. Galax is excluded. We have never seen this brand here home. Even a big store as Caseking in Germany (de8auers shop) don't offer this card. The same can I say for the FE here home. Nothing there either. But lot Zotac (the boat) and gainward. As well Palit and Suprim X Liquid. The store I bought my MSI card had 60 of the X Liquid on Friday. + a few other models. All is sold out now. But you can stil grab loads of 4080, LOOL

Yep, when I finally get a new card (mamy years since I bought brand new)... And of course it had to be a mess with new tech as ECC and hwbot. Isn't it typical? I have a lot more fun benching the old. No fuss. And the mods can't remove legit scores.

Some of topic. England enjoy the small TROLL. Not the big one as here home. Yep, my place is right outside Trondheim city.

British extreme weather has been named the "Troll of Trondheim"

A troll from Trondheim makes the British grind their teeth. The snowy weather also creates challenges at the airport near London
https://www.nrk.no/trondelag/troll-of-trondheim_-ekstremvaer-i-storbritannia-kalles-troll-from-trondheim-eller-troll-of-trondheim-1.16215866

This is the real Troll. I was just out with the car. Minus 25C today. And this weather will be here at least one week more. I hate it. Not good for my broken lungs.  And no sun on the days neither will help on the mood/health. The days forwards to Christmas holidays consist mostly of the dreaded northern darkness and cold. Not a nice place to be here right now. 

image.png.b1157fb95ce07f5f174f797e1129ca9d.png

image.png.e57d6ff44dec7984a74235d530c04955.png

The latest weather forecast says it will be freezing cold on Christmas Eve/Christmas holidays here home around Trondheim. Yep, I can't see much of the climate change people talk a lot about. At least not here home. So, please send me some warning sun from the other side of the big Atlantic ocean.

dude, dont phone n drive! 😛 

On 12/13/2022 at 12:37 PM, cylix said:

Galax is sold as KFA2 in Europe, think they are the same boards.  KFA2 4090 starts at around 2099 euro in Germany, supply is there. Both mediamarkt and Saturn arw selling them.

correct. same cards, just different brand name. used to be Galaxy but they had some kinda IP issue so they rebadged to KFA2. gotta check though which submodels theyre offering. same as Asus or others, they have "el cheapo" models like the SG (equivalent to the base models) and higher tier cards within the same gpu class.

On 12/13/2022 at 2:06 PM, Etern4l said:

Yes, the British media has a penchant for coming up with colourful names for weather conditions that slightly deviate from the expected mild state. Last winter (or two ago) it was "The Beast From The East"! -5C and a couple of inches of snow lol

As I recall, it's even funnier in Texas. - 1C and a bit of ice on the roads and everything grinds to a halt. I literally saw cars spinning around on crossroads - nobody uses winter tyres. 

well duh... texas is already subtropics, so yeah, ppl just aint ready for such temps 😄 although i myself have experienced insane hail storm with friggin ICE FLOATS on rivers that used to be streets n highways in Houston....

On 12/13/2022 at 3:16 PM, cylix said:

Shit reference cards in europe at around 1250 euros..sso the custom will be at 4080 price, this is bad for AMD, i think they will not sell and after Christmas i forsee reductions

LE: XFX Merc custom 1329 EURO - thats Palit gamerock 4080 price, fail AMD.

No trace of Sapphire Nitro or Red devil customs.. what a paper launch..joke

https://www.notebooksbilliger.de/xfx+rx+7900xtx+merc310+black+edition+grafikkarte+789025

LEE: thats a massive OC and on Air, theres a big untapped potential - https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-7900-xt-navi-31-gpu-overclocked-3-7-ghz-front-end-clock-3-5-ghz-shader-clock/

Screenshot_2022-12-13-15-10-10-968_org.mozilla.firefox-min.jpg

"Most reviewers also had their AMD Radeon RX 7900 graphics cards peak out at around 3 GHz, the same as the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 series but the performance benefit was far less. AMD will be launching their first RDNA 3 flagships tomorrow so let us know if you have made up your mind about what graphics card you'll be getting tomorrow."

On 12/13/2022 at 6:00 PM, cylix said:

So overclocking potential is big on the 7900xtx, crazy how much with air but on the customs with 3x8pins. Nobody should buy the reference

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-radeon-rx-7900-xtx-tuf-oc/39.html

solid 14-15% gain from OC, double that of the 4090 on air at 7-8%.

still, something fishy going on... need more data! those clocks vs the perf gain dont make sense.

4 hours ago, Rage Set said:

The 7900 XTX AIB cards are hitting 3.2Ghz (and these aren't even the best AIB cards). Apparently, AMD left A LOT of performance on the table, in the name of being "energy efficient". These cards with waterblocks are going to shine....crossing my fingers if we can use the MorePowerTool

I am almost sold on the 7900 XTX once I see some waterblocks for AIB cards.  

a lot of clocks, but not THAT much performance on the table. hoping this gets sorted with some optimizations down the line. as mentioned before, AMD wouldve likely only gone overboard with clocks n power if they had a shot at beating the 4090. like this, they chose the "efficient" route and poke fun at the monster 40 series cards 😄 

1 hour ago, cylix said:

Yes these 7900xtx cards are overclocking like crazy but there is a strange behavior where if you go past a point you get less performance. AMD needs to get the drivers in shape. Think after some maturity of drivers these cards will unleash almost 4090 performance across the board.

Yes, as I expected, our performance was again limited by the power limit of the card. To make it simple, from a certain frequency, and even if it is stable, the performances are less good. Look on this picture, the Boost frequency reaches 2859 MHz and yet my graphic score is only 27661 points while at the origin, without overclocking, it is 29864 points!

https://en.overclocking.com/review-powercolor-rx-7900-xtx-red-devil-limited-edition/9/?amp=1

LE: What a shitty 7900xtx launch we had, i cannot find any Sapphire 7900xtx Nitro in whole Europe, or any good AIB  cards..

be patient brother, give it a few days or a week. and most importantly: check in regularly, cards will come back in stock here and there! 🙂 hand in there bud!

• Thumb Up 4

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (TG High Perf. IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

2 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

may i ask, what value is this silly test cranking up the vRAM on desktop without any kind of load put onto it? if u click fast enough u might be lucky to skip the stability limit and up the clocks extra before hitting pay dirt i.e. when the system freezes 😄 gimme proper stability!

that sux man, sorry to hear that. specific benchmark or across the board?

Silly? I think you miss understand my friend.🙂 Although I didn't think this was new to an old head like your self though....

Also why I called it the "Jufres" test, but no.

1: You are testing if you have good or bad memory and this is the fastest way to find out. Nothing about stability being tested in this part of testing.

2: Testing for max clocks. Core and memory. This is like you having an Asus board that can read the SP and MC SP rating.

3: Once that is established. Then you work your way up or back from the max or stock clocks with benching and gaming. Once found, then you can go back to doing things normal or at your best stable clocks knowing that you have a good product.

The reason for this as we have seen time and time again are early adopters get to super bragging about how great their part is only to find out that it was crap. And now they are mad because they did not know the true scale in which to work with. So you get said card and say it does what I need it to do and it's great with 1000+ vram over clock. Only to find out that it was not great and your card is actually a dud. How? because you try to do 1050 and your pc crashes, while others are doing 1500 to 2200+ with ease.

Now in the grand scheme of things if you are a gamer then this really doesn't amount to anything as all the cards will game on stock clocks, but for people wanting to get what they paid for. it's a big deal.

• Thumb Up 5
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

1 hour ago, electrosoft said:

I keep going back and forth on the 7900xtx but more forward than backwards. I really like the Nitro+ model for air cooled along with the TUF for some reason (go figure) but any 2x PCIe models are automatically sent to /dev/null all 3x models are on the consideration chart. 7900xt is a non-starter in any configuration even with a price drop.

As for reduced performance, just like CPUs at a certain point all types of variables start to come into play when you're pushing it to its edge from memory errors to CPU oddly throttling due to need of better cooling. Put it on water or LN2 and many of those problems would resolve themselves.

The sheer amount of headroom does really seem to indicate a lot of performance was left on the table and AIBs are going to have a field day along with blocks.

I am looking at any AIB XTX that will have a decent waterblock available. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

While AMD may try to deny a warranty if you overclock an AMD Reference card purchased from them, they can't be said about AIB's. Plus, the burden will always be on the manufacturer to prove that an end user damaged the card from overclocking. 

17 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

a lot of clocks, but not THAT much performance on the table. hoping this gets sorted with some optimizations down the line. as mentioned before, AMD wouldve likely only gone overboard with clocks n power if they had a shot at beating the 4090. like this, they chose the "efficient" route and poke fun at the monster 40 series cards 😄 

A lot of clocks that are being power limited. Unlike Nvidia (and unless it has changed this generation), AMD GPU overclockers have apps that allow us to go beyond the defined power limits. MorePowerTools and Red BIOS Editor. My 6900 XT performs better than a 6950 XT (they have the same upgraded XTXH chip) due to these tools. 

• Thumb Up 5
  • Like 2

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

1 hour ago, jaybee83 said:

well duh... texas is already subtropics, so yeah, ppl just aint ready for such temps 😄 although i myself have experienced insane hail storm with friggin ICE FLOATS on rivers that used to be streets n highways in Houston....

Interestingly, Texas is large enough to have subclimates. I was in the DFW area, and generally cold winter spells (and hail) are more common in the northern part of the state. But, yeah, with hail in Houston we would definitely have a problem :)

• Thumb Up 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

Sapphire Nitro+ 7900xtx unboxing...this is my current pick of the AIBs so far:

• Thumb Up 6

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

2 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

Its just a quick test, definitely not a stability test at all lol. But if it can't even handle the clocks being set at the desktop, it ain't gonna handle them under any load. Then of course you have to check for error correcting kicking in and scores regressing even with high clocks. 

• Thumb Up 2
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

@Mr. Fox Watching the Kingpin video at 20:50 oh man! That is exactly what Dell/Alienware did to us!

@24:06 Vince let me get the 2 way version of that board.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

Check out this 13900K. This chip is funny that's for sure! Okay so it runs abnormally hot. 10C hotter than my last 13900K at the same power levels. So, I am thinking bad TIM, or bad IHS flatness for sure. However, even with how warm it is running it's still a BOSS! It is really a flipping crazy good chip. 

5.9Ghz P-Cores, 4.7Ghz E-Cores, and 5.1Ghz Ring. 1.315V set in bios. 

OmZfMvP.png

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

13900KF

2 hours ago, johnksss said:

@Mr. Fox Watching the Kingpin video at 20:50 oh man! That is exactly what Dell/Alienware did to us!

@24:06 Vince let me get the 2 way version of that board.

Yeah, 100%... "they'll come behind you guys and lock it down" 😞 Totally butt-headed Gestapo crap.

A lot, maybe most, of everything that is good and awesome about overclocking is attributable to EVGA. NVIDIA is probably relieved they are no longer an AIB partner, and their competitors are probably glad they do not have to be held to standards as high as where EVGA set the bar for GPUs. Heaven help us if they stop making motherboards.

Do you still have that 2-slot spacer daughterboard? Truly a collector's item and a piece of history if it came from Vince and Tin.

• Thumb Up 2

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Yeah, 100%... "they'll come behind you guys and lock it down" 😞 Totally butt-headed Gestapo crap.

A lot, maybe most, of everything that is good and awesome about overclocking is attributable to EVGA. NVIDIA is probably relieved they are no longer an AIB partner, and their competitors are probably glad they do not have to be held to standards as high as where EVGA set the bar for GPUs. Heaven help us if they stop making motherboards.

Do you still have that 2-slot spacer daughterboard? Truly a collector's item and a piece of history if it came from Vince and Tin.

Yep, I still have it. I did use it a few times when I had 3090 NVLink going.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Hwbot Profile

16 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

The HWBOT drama aside, a nice feature of the Nvidia ECC implementation is that it shows if any errors were detected and corrected. Surely useful for the purpose of super-stable RAM OC, where errors are not always straightforward to directly observe, and thus their occurrence might not be immediately obvious. Very nice of Nvidia to include this option in their high-end consumer offerings, but on the general pricing/availability front the Linus Principle is alive and well:

01.gif&q=0&b=1&p=0&a=1

(Sorry I thought the slo-mo variant is kind of cool lol)

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 3

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

5 hours ago, johnksss said:

Yep, I still have it. I did use it a few times when I had 3090 NVLink going.

Let's see what kind of response this gets... I'm suspect someone(s) with a famous user name(s) might get butt hurt about having to play by the same rules as us pions.

https://community.hwbot.org/topic/221655-mandatory-systeminfo-555-update-and-new-benchmark-rules-for-rtx40-series/#comment-632711

image.thumb.png.6031fdea0e19d29a77e1656109ab0630.png

Now this is interesting...

https://forums.evga.com/My-Arduinobased-RAM-SPD-readerwriter-free-and-open-source-m3053544-p6.aspx

Well if this is true then this is why performance is so low and a scummy move from AMD to their customers!

• Thumb Up 1
  • Sad 2

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

1 hour ago, cylix said:

Well if this is true then this is why performance is so low and a scummy move from AMD to their customers!

Wow, that is a really nasty can of worms. Would have been much better for them to delay launch rather than releasing a defective product deliberately. Smells like an Azor move. Skunks don't change their stripes.

• Haha 1
  • Bump 2

Yes this is the norm nowdays, fu..the customers, profit above all. They needed something for the Christmas sales.😑

• Sad 4

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

6 minutes ago, cylix said:

Yes this is the norm nowdays, fu..the customers, profit above all. They needed something for the Christmas sales.😑

Grass-Is-Always-Greener-Over-Septic-Tank

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, cylix said:

6000 series uplift was about what? 0-10%? Along with most importantly if your particular program can take advantage of software specific prefetching versus the automated hardware level prefetching so it will vary program to program. These are AMD Mesa3D drivers being used to show the inability to allocate resources (pointer) for prefetches if you're using a first gen 7000 series product.

I'd like to see some actively running program reporting realtime stall rate (CUs sitting around waiting for instructions/data) to get an idea of any type of performance left on the table if any depending on program.

Assuming this is being done due to some early bugs or driver issues that need to be worked out, If  *IF* this can be addressed in a future driver update (the snippet above is a driver level code snapshot), that right there could be a significant boost in performance.

On the other hand, if this is software acknowledging a hardware level issue for rev 1 hardware then rev 2 hardware should have nice gains.

I'm sure over the next few days (weeks?) We'll get clarity.

• Thumb Up 5

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 3

Nice, sexy card with 2x 16 pin, so 2x burning house chance?? 😁, and its coming to Europe aswell. I want one 😃

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 3

I love reading the comments on a review at techspot...I do hate when people go off on a political rant in the middles of talking about hardware. I hate morons.

idiot.jpg

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 1
  • Bump 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

24 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

I love reading the comments on a review at techspot...I do hate when people go off on a political rant in the middles of talking about hardware. I hate morons.

idiot.jpg

The world is full of stupids. Just look below. People gladly pay 71% more over previous gen Nvidia xx80.

How is this even possible? 

facepalm.gif.531962d2cedad7861f06bb717cb09a0f.gifNvidia's RTX 4080 Tops Newegg's List of Best-Selling GPUsfacepalm.gif.531962d2cedad7861f06bb717cb09a0f.gif

The GeForce RTX 4080 doesn't currently occupy a spot on our best graphics cards page, largely due to its price. But it has apparently become the best-selling graphics card on Newegg (opens in new tab). Meanwhile, the flagship GeForce RTX 4090 currently sits in fourth place.

If this is correct, this does not bode well for a real price reduction for the overpriced graphics card. My best bet... $1099 for the 4080 at best. Can't see Nvidia will go down to 7900XTX MSRP or $999.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Also AMD tried do the same (price) trickery as nvidia. Offer a brand new graphics card that should never have seen the light. Nvidia had to remove the 12GB 4080 from their model line-up... AMD should have done the same. Or at least changed MSRP before release.

AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT Review

Is This GPU Dead on Arrival at $900?

What we have learned:

In our opinion, there's no reason to buy the Radeon RX 7900 XT, you'd always just spend $100 extra to get the faster 7900 XTX. For the XT model to make sense it needs to cost $200 less than the XTX.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Sad 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

The world is full of stupids. Just look below. People gladly pay 71% more over previous gen Nvidia xx80.

How is this even possible? 

facepalm.gif.531962d2cedad7861f06bb717cb09a0f.gifNvidia's RTX 4080 Tops Newegg's List of Best-Selling GPUsfacepalm.gif.531962d2cedad7861f06bb717cb09a0f.gif

The GeForce RTX 4080 doesn't currently occupy a spot on our best graphics cards page, largely due to its price. But it has apparently become the best-selling graphics card on Newegg (opens in new tab). Meanwhile, the flagship GeForce RTX 4090 currently sits in fourth place.

If this is correct, this does not bode well for a real price reduction for the overpriced graphics card. My best bet... $1099 for the 4080 at best. Can't see Nvidia will go down to 7900XTX MSRP or $999.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Also AMD tried do the same (price) trickery as nvidia. Offer a brand new graphics card that should never have seen the light. Nvidia had to remove the 12GB 4080 from their model line-up... AMD should have done the same. Or at least changed MSRP before release.

AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT Review

Is This GPU Dead on Arrival at $900?

What we have learned:

In our opinion, there's no reason to buy the Radeon RX 7900 XT, you'd always just spend $100 extra to get the faster 7900 XTX. For the XT model to make sense it needs to cost $200 less than the XTX.

IMO Both Radeons should have been priced $100-$150 less than what they are. It was a paper launch to sell out quickly to give the illusion of massive sales.  I will take bother @Mr. Foxadvice and wait to see if prices come down on the XTX. I almost fell for it.

• Thumb Up 4

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2