NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

35 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Z690/790 have the weak Intel - ILM for socket 1700. Hence the custom Cpu-frame can reduce the bending banana mess introduced by Intel. But not all boards bend equal. The slightly curved AIO cold-plate takes account on this. 

The cold/plate has to match the IHS flatness. And the results depends if both surfaces match each other. It’s trial and errors with this gen Intel socket. 

Yeah, I have the contact frame. One thing is clear, the LFII wasnt developed with 13th gen in mind, simply because it was designed much earlier, and the coldplate barely fits the IHS. Looking at those comments on OC, It's amazing what I managed to achieve with it lol

BTW apparently the coldplate on the LS720 is slightly convex, which is probably what you want. I am pretty sure the IHS is slightly concave, so that would match.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/deepcool-ls720-aio-360-liquid-cpu-cooler/3.html

• Like 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Nope, I did not. Brother @Rage Setis loaning me a 6900 XT and waterblock to play with and if I like it I will buy it instead of a 4090 for now. I can always get a 4090 or 4090 Ti later on, or maybe not ever. I'm not liking how firmware crippled they are in terms of overclocking the core and the lack of voltage control sucks. That does not surprise me, but for the price they are charging you should get more than a gamer-wuss cookie cutter GPU. And, paying more should get you more. In the case of the Strix paying more meant getting less.

Well, that's odd. Your link gives me this:

This is what I am getting ready to do. I just have to get some cahones, and another video card in case I brick this one. I have 2 crap GT 440's ( I think ), but they only have DVI connections, and my monitor does not have one of those. Oh, and they are packed in a box somewhere labeled "Computer Room" 😁

All these cool pictures are giving me the itch to go open loop again...crap

.and 6950xt's in stock at newegg for $699. Waiting for 7xxx series to drop in price. Everything is gonna hit the fan soon with these prices.

Vbios flash.jpg

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 2

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

51 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Yeah, I have the contact frame. One thing is clear, the LFII wasnt developed with 13th gen in mind, simply because it was designed much earlier, and the coldplate barely fits the IHS. Looking at those comments on OC, It's amazing what I managed to achieve with it lol

BTW apparently the coldplate on the LS720 is slightly convex, which is probably what you want. I am pretty sure the IHS is slightly concave, so that would match.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/deepcool-ls720-aio-360-liquid-cpu-cooler/3.html

Yep and if you lap the IHS fully flat and on top use the  custom contact Cpu-frame to make the IHS perfectly flat/even the AIO cold-plate will be of a bigger problem. Sometimes the AIO will work better without any custom contact Cpu-frame. This has to be tested. 

• Thanks 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

50 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

This is what I am getting ready to do. I just have to get some cahones, and another video card in case I brick this one. I have 2 crap GT 440's ( I think ), but they only have DVI connections, and my monitor does not have one of those. Oh, and they are packed in a box somewhere labeled "Computer Room" 😁

All these cool pictures are giving me the itch to go open loop again...crap

.and 6950xt's in stock at newegg for $699. Waiting for 7xxx series to drop in price. Everything is gonna hit the fan soon with these prices.

Vbios flash.jpg

Did you mod the voltage and power limits using RBE? Or, cross flashing from a different brand? @Rage Setgave me links to read about the tweaking tools and where to download them. I think it will be interesting to experiment with. I wish NVIDIA firmware could be messed with in the same way. Cross flashing them is easy, but they have all kinds of Nazi blocks on modded firmware.

I don't know how delicate the Radeon cards are though, or if they are easy to kill/brick, or if they are resilient and can take a lot of abuse. This is uncharted waters for me, so I will have to investigate further before diving in. Yeah, $699 for a 6950XT is reasonable. You can't even find an obsolete 3090 for that price as far as I have seen.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

41 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Did you mod the voltage and power limits using RBE? Or, cross flashing from a different brand? @Rage Setgave me links to read about the tweaking tools and where to download them. I think it will be interesting to experiment with. I wish NVIDIA firmware could be messed with in the same way. Cross flashing them is easy, but they have all kinds of Nazi blocks on modded firmware.

I don't know how delicate the Radeon cards are though, or if they are easy to kill/brick, or if they are resilient and can take a lot of abuse. This is uncharted waters for me, so I will have to investigate further before diving in. Yeah, $699 for a 6950XT is reasonable. You can't even find an obsolete 3090 for that price as far as I have seen.

I did mod all of the voltage, and clocks. Very minor tweaks to test the waters since I am still on air. I had problems with RBE, and found that I needed to download the beta version. The standard version always said "not supported" when loading the stock vbios. I'm not too worried about bricking it, I just need to have another card to boot to in case I do. I used to flash ATI vbios all the time, it's just been a while. I think there was a bios mod back in the day, that would give you the next sku up HD3850 to HD3870 or something along those lines.

• Thumb Up 4

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

Brother @johnksssI snapped this picture while watching the golf channel. Carl Weathers doing the "Chubbs" character from Happy Gilmore for the pga store. I got a laugh out of it.

20230305_174810.thumb.jpg.37966320724fbee9188e46f4c76e25f3.jpg

• Thumb Up 3
  • Haha 2

Quite good result with Win 10. I see all on the top 5 for TSE use Win 11. And ok efficency in the physics sub test. But it seems I need Win 11 to see if I get a gain.

https://hwbot.org/submission/5219331_papusan_3dmark___time_spy_extreme_geforce_rtx_4090_20105_marks

2877267.jpg

• Thumb Up 6

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

10 hours ago, Papusan said:

Quite good result with Win 10. I see all on the top 5 for TSE use Win 11. And ok efficency in the physics sub test. But it seems I need Win 11 to see if I get a gain.

https://hwbot.org/submission/5219331_papusan_3dmark___time_spy_extreme_geforce_rtx_4090_20105_marks

2877267.jpg

That’s fast! The 4090 laptops do this in normal Timespy graphics score lol. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13900KF

11 hours ago, tps3443 said:

That’s fast! The 4090 laptops do this in normal Timespy graphics score lol. 

The fastest 4090 mobile on 3Dmark leaderboard offer around 75-80% slower TSE Gpu graphics scores. But I expect the fake frame features like DLSS 3 will cover their back so they can continue sell overpriced scam for 4K gaming. 4090 mobile graphics chips ain't made from real 4090 die's. This is in short scam. Or fraud if that word fits in better. Whats the correct term in U.S English? Scam or fraud. Can both be used? https://skypeenglishclasses.com/english-vocabulary-the-subtle-difference-between-fraud-and-scam/

This below isn't scam but QA-QM and QC problems on level with what you have seen from AMD last couple of years... And the the overpricing just follow Nvidia's new price policy. Greed have no limits.

Nice with overpriced water blocks that will damage you graphics cards so you lose warranty and possible resale. QA and QC is non existent. But they still want premium prices for their products. 

Watercool Heatkiller V Pro with the GeForce RTX 4090 FE in the test - final comparison of four GPU water blocks igorslab.com
https://www.igorslab.de/en/watercool-heatkiller-v-pro-with-the-geforce-rtx-4090-fe-in-test-comparison-with-three-other-gpu-watercoolers/6/

However, I still can't give an award and that's not because of the price. This can happen with the slot aperture (but it should not). But the destruction of original components of the PCB by sharp-edged washers and the resulting loss of warranty in case of damage I unfortunately cannot tolerate, as good as the cooler may perform on.

So in short.... Igorslab couldn't give out an awards for this review unit. Yep, you can fix it where Watercool failed to do so, but you pay them a lots of money for the job. At premium. You shouldn’t need have to fix what they should have done correctly in first place. 

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

Whats the correct term in U.S English? Scam or fraud. Can both be used?

Yes, either term can be used. They are almost the same thing. A scam is premeditated and organized fraud. Fraud can happen when someone sees an opportunity to take advantage of, and does so, even if it is not the result of a thoughtful plan. Both are deliberate. Fraud does not happen by accident.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

@Mr. Fox

@Papusan

Yep, something else is going on. I tried repasting twice, tightening and loosening the contact frame - absolutely no difference. 260W max, cores 5 and 7 at 100C. We can exclude thermal paste as being the culprit.

Another thing that happened is that now Windows started rebooting without warning straight after logon, after briefly showing some artefacts on the screen. Linux is fine. I managed to boot into safe mode and noticed Wingross 11 kicked off unsolicited 22H2 installation in background, could have something to do with that. 

Given that the degradation occurred quite suddenly, I assume the AIO developed some sort of an issue. I don't have any RPM reading for the pump ever since I disconnected the bundled fans, so hard to say what's going on (as bro Papu mentioned a while back: poor design from Arctic with putting the pump and fans on a single header). The VRM fan is working.

I'm not sure how to verify or reject this hypothesis other than by trying another AIO. 

Another possibility would be that of some internal issue between the die and the IHS, that a delid might fix. I guess that's far less likely though. Thoughts? 

BTW this PTM7950 is almost like an adhesive. The AIO pump came off with relative ease, however, what was left of the TIM took some rubbing and scrubbing to get off the IHS and coldplate. Wonder what it would be like after 2 months or 2 years. Still, can't fault the initial results. 

• Thumb Up 2

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

16 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

@Mr. Fox

@Papusan

Yep, something else is going on. I tried repasting twice, tightening and loosening the contact frame - absolutely no difference. 260W max, cores 5 and 7 at 100C. We can exclude thermal paste as being the culprit.

Another thing that happened is that now Windows started rebooting without warning straight after logon, after briefly showing some artefacts on the screen. Linux is fine. I managed to boot into safe mode and noticed Wingross 11 kicked off unsolicited 22H2 installation in background, could have something to do with that. 

Given that the degradation occurred quite suddenly, I assume the AIO developed some sort of an issue. I don't have any RPM reading for the pump ever since I disconnected the bundled fans, so hard to say what's going on (as bro Papu mentioned a while back: poor design from Arctic for putting the pump and fans on a single header).

I'm not sure how to verify or reject this hypothesis other than by trying another AIO. 

Another possibility would be that of some internal issue between the die and the IHS, that a delid might fix. I guess that's far less likely though. Thoughts? 

BTW this PTM7950 is almost like an adhesive. The AIO pump came off with relative ease, however, what was left of the TIM took some rubbing and scrubbing to get off the IHS and coldplate. Wonder what it would be like after 2 months or 2 years. Still, can't fault the initial results. 

My impression is that something is not right with the AIO. You will certainly see improved results with a delid and liquid metal if the fit is good, so that is something worth considering regardless of the root cause. I would do that now and see where it leads and it will be out of the way and ultimately provide a benefit even if it doesn't solve the problem you are having.

If fit is poor and doesn't make good enough contact for liquid metal, you should see improved temps after delid using thermal paste between the IHS and cold place. I would start with the idea that the AIO is the problem if I were in your shoes, but still do the delid first.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

@Mr. Fox

@Papusan

Given that the degradation occurred quite suddenly, I assume the AIO developed some sort of an issue. I don't have any RPM reading for the pump ever since I disconnected the bundled fans, so hard to say what's going on (as bro Papu mentioned a while back: poor design from Arctic with putting the pump and fans on a single header). The VRM fan is working.

Hi. Did you install the repair kit from Arctic for their AIO ? 

Regarding temp degradation (pump out)... Have you tested with IC Diamond ? A failed/failing pump would mean massive heat problems once you start taxing the Cpu.

As a notice.... This update is optional.

Microsoft releases Windows security updates for Intel CPU flaws
More here... https://notebooktalk.net/topic/265-all-about-windows-10-ltsc-included-news-and-announcements/?do=findComment&comment=27875

• Thanks 1

Hi. Did you install the repair kit from Arctic for their AIO ? 

Of course.

Regarding temp degradation (pump out)... Have you tested with IC Diamond ?

I haven't, but I'm almost certain there was no pump out with the phase-change TIM.

A failed/failing pump would mean massive heat problems once you start taxing the Cpu.

Well, the problems are significant. 60W less power draw in CB23. It could be that the pump is just not running at full speed. We don't know because Arctic didn't think it would be useful to have RPM monitoring on the pump.

As a notice.... This update is optional.

Well, speaking of updates: looks like Redmont Reprobates have tried to punish me for abandoning their spyware product by deciding for me that 22H2 update is not optional and starting an unsolicited stealth background upgrade. I guess I may have restarted a few times in the middle of the update I wasn't aware of and now Windoze is unusable. Starts showing some artefacting and reboots automatically shortly after logon, even though there is unlikely to be an issue with the video card. If I boot in safe mode, the taskbar looks different, and things like network and search don't work. Network worked for a moment and windows update showed 22H2 update 65% complete or something.... <facepalm>

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

My impression is that something is not right with the AIO. You will certainly see improved results with a delid and liquid metal if the fit is good

Thanks for the advice bro. I mean the fit is good. Why would it sort of be good initially: always 310W - 330W on an AIO (whenever I saw 310W my reaction was to repaste), but then suddenly deteriorate? I guess let's see if AIO replacement helps first, and maybe I will order that delid kit too.

• Thumb Up 4

-- Max Tegmark

13 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Well, speaking of updates: looks like Redmont Reprobates have tried to punish me for abandoning their spyware product by deciding for me that 22H2 update is not optional and starting an unsolicited stealth background upgrade.

That sucks. I have had that happen to me before, even with all avenues for updates disabled and thought to be broken and non-functional by design. 

13 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

I guess let's see if AIO replacement helps first, and maybe I will order that delid kit too.

Makes good sense to me. I do think the issue is something not right with the AIO. Whether it is fit, pump operation, debris in the AIO loop, diminished coolant volume, or something else is anyone's guess at this point. If changing the AIO fixes the problem, all of the other enhancements (delid, liquid metal, IHS lapping, etc.) will just be icing on the cake. If it doesn't... well... cross that bridge next.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Etern4l said:

I haven't, but I'm almost certain there was no pump out with the phase-change TIM.

So this means temperature going bad without the TIM degrade or pump out? If this happened suddenly there has to be a hardware failure on the AIO.

Well, the problems are significant. 60W less power draw in CB23. It could be that the pump is just not running at full speed. We don't know because Arctic didn't think it would be useful to have RPM monitoring on the pump.

Maybe try out this pump tweak before you go further. 

ARCTIC Freezer II mod to get pump speed output

Well, speaking of updates: looks like Redmont Reprobates have tried to punish me for abandoning their spyware product by deciding for me that 22H2 update is not optional and starting an unsolicited stealth background upgrade.

5 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

That sucks. I have had that happen to me before, even with all avenues for updates disabled and thought to be broken and non-functional by design. 

Was opposite to me... I had a custom Win 10 21H1 I wanted to update to Win 10 21H2 and whatever I did to try reset the tweaks. Nothing worked. Locked down as a 100 year old virgin😎 

Edit. A couple of questions for the gamers. Or all.

Is it worth enable Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling or and Gamer Mode. Both for benching and gaming on new modern graphics cards.

I normally disable Game Mode and Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling

And what Win 11 version provide best performance (games/benching)... 11-22H1 or 11-22H2. Thanks.

And here we see Nvidia try beat AMD😎 

Nvidia Driver Bug Increases CPU Usage

IT SEEMS THE WORD SCAM IS THE NEW NORMAL, NOWADAYS. Don't buy the 7900 X3D series Cpu's. Its' scam. Both of them, LOOL

• Thanks 1

@electrosoft

The Asus Duo 16 make an RTX4080 option that has a 165 watt TDP. Just figured I’d mention this as a possible flash option with a SOIC8 clip and hand flasher. 

Not sure if it’s work, but if it did that’s be a nice boost. 

UPDATE: Wait never mind. I think your 4080 may be 175 watts already lol

• Haha 2

13900KF

Screenshot-372.png 

Wasn't that long ago that getting 7000 CL32 Single Rank was a challenge. 7466 CL34 DUAL RANK no big deal. They get pretty warm fast, the dual ranks are pretty difficult to keep cool. I need water lol. 

Edit: Those temp readings are in error on the RAM. Temps were 49-50c during entire stability test after heatsoaked. It's a temp reading bug that has persisted across numerous D5 dimms, various brands, no idea where it comes from. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

4 hours ago, Papusan said:

As it turns out, Nvidia's Display Container Service causes 10% - 15% higher CPU usage after a game is closed, which can be observed in Windows Task Manager. Some Reddit users believe the bug was caused by Nvidia's Game Session Telemetry Plugin version 531.18 (NvGSTPlugin.dll).  

Just to add one more to the endless list of reasons people should be using NVCleanStall to rip out all of the worthless garbage the Green Goblin bundles in its payload of filth. (A payload of filth is becoming common in all drivers, not only GeFarts.)

Why, pray tell, would ANY driver need to include telemetry malware? Short answer: no such need exists.

We all get to partake of the stinking garbage that the world's lowest common denominators are willing to put up with. This applies to everything in life. We have many millions of brain-dead losers that submit to the will of wicked decision-makers to thank for everything that sucks in the world around us.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

@electrosoft

The Asus Duo 16 make an RTX4080 option that has a 165 watt TDP. Just figured I’d mention this as a possible flash option with a SOIC8 clip and hand flasher. 

Not sure if it’s work, but if it did that’s be a nice boost. 

UPDATE: Wait never mind. I think your 4080 may be 175 watts already lol

Yeah it was pulling ~ 176.4w at stock:

• Thumb Up 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Just to add one more to the endless list of reasons people should be using NVCleanStall to rip out all of the worthless garbage the Green Goblin bundles in its payload of filth. (A payload of filth is becoming common in all drivers, not only GeFarts.)

Yep, NVCleanStall is a fantastic tool. On level with ThrottleStop and DDU. A must have if you test out different drivers and want to clean install and get rid of the garbage within 2 min. And then you have Hwinfo64 and MSI Afterburner. A must have.

I installed Win 11 this night. What damn awful experience. Nothing have changed vs last time I tried it. I need several days to see if this 1490931741_PUKEGREEN.gif.ba7f1c27263fe7633f19f03596fc53a1.gifcrap1490931741_PUKEGREEN.gif.ba7f1c27263fe7633f19f03596fc53a1.gif can be useful for benching or to look at. It seems every new Windows version will be worse. Probably make it ready for their next gen Windows phones. And they will come. Be you sure.

But I won't use it for 24/7 use. The 3DM Port Royal score was quite ok'ish. I'm sure there is more in the tank 🙂

https://hwbot.org/submission/5220174_papusan_3dmark___port_royal_geforce_rtx_4090_28547_marks?recalculate=true

2877971.jpg

And I killed Oviz Port Royal score with air cooler and efficiency. Even his chiller wasn't enough this time🙂

image.png.ee9a10d000437b300c151cffafeb8198.png

Edit. A fast run with Speed way

image.thumb.png.e6e59974357d8c13966ecaa563d77b8b.png

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

@Papusan Windows 11 just takes a little bit of frustration tweaking the heck out of it, and patience with performance. Things that helped in windows 10 can have a negative impact on performance, the only upside I give it is lack of crashes. I have had my laptop for over a year and experimented on it, and iv'e only had to reboot the os 1 time and it wasn't a clean start just a reset when I tweaked too many things negatively lol. bright I know (face palm). I guess that's what makes benchmarking so fun, the never ending change.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

8 hours ago, ryan said:

@Papusan Windows 11 just takes a little bit of frustration tweaking the heck out of it, and patience with performance. Things that helped in windows 10 can have a negative impact on performance, the only upside I give it is lack of crashes. I have had my laptop for over a year and experimented on it, and iv'e only had to reboot the os 1 time and it wasn't a clean start just a reset when I tweaked too many things negatively lol. bright I know (face palm). I guess thats what makes benchmarking so fun the never ending change.

Whatever tweaking you do with Win 11... The result will be the same.... A disaster Edition.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Bump 1

I think its better than a few versions of windows. But yes @Papusan it's still a PIG.(yes even with the sexy lipstick lol).

I'm just using eso and shutapp/ custom skin.(yes lipstick).

I think it's only half as bad as they say, which doesn't say much. Only thing I hate about it is the never ending ups and downs with scores. it's like it adjusts itself to irritate end user.

perfect example.

Screenshot-15.png

200 points below what it was just after fixing bios.

and heres everything identical to the old settings but with the shine(y) and new 22h2 update.(which I didn't want)

Screenshot-16.png

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled