NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

6 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

soon super broke gamer kid coming through... 😅☠️

u know, this is really ridiculous, pricing for the 4090 is actually "senseful" when considering inflation, but 3080 and 3080 fake edition are just bonkers. shouldnt it be the other way around?

for anyone looking for a nextgen gpu ill also recommend waiting to see what RDNA3 has to offer, this gen should be the most competitive ever vs. Nvidia, the only reason why the green goblin decided to go so overboard with power consumption = keep the performance crown at any price (and 4090 Ti in the back hand just in case AMD surprises them).

unfortunately for me waiting will not be an option, so my eyes are fixed on the 4090. my lady and me got our first kid on the way (yay!) due in mid march, which simply means: an extra month waiting is an extra month gaming time lost 🤪

with EVGA out of the picture, im now cosidering Asus, MSI or Zotac due to their warranties and/or known well built cooling designs / power deliveries. i think in the end ill just have to check and see how aftermarket pricing looks like for the respective models and decide spontaneously...

one thing is for sure though: at 1949€ 4090 pricing in Europe, AIB cards will likely START at 2100-2200€ *sigh*

(please let the Zen 4 chips be a bit cheaper than the first placeholder prices listed in France!) 

I've been looking through all the models and my initial assessment still stands. The only one (so far) that catches my eye is the Colorful Neptune 4090. Immediate ideas of a Gundam/Robotech White and silver vertical build danced through my head:

COLORFUL-GEFORCE-RTX-40-7-1200x719.thumb.jpg.62021f6a37d81b7ec6501060db67a29e.jpg

• Thumb Up 3

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

15 hours ago, Papusan said:

Back to flow rate and water pumps bro @Mr. Fox

I tried reach out to Eddy Alphacool on Techpowerup forum as you can see in the link and pict. Wonder if I get an answer back. Or if he will disappear and never respond/reply back.

Can you check how the tests was done and then compare the results and come with a final answer. The Thermaltake Pacific TF1 flow/thermal sensor was tested by Igorslab and he wasn't very pleased with the reliabilty on this version. But it can't be so bad that the results would be so very differnt as in the two tests. Something is very fishy. Either from Alphacool or the flow sensor results. 

Swiftech MCP-655 Laing/Xylem D5 pump results....

1663723363241.png

Alphacool VPP755 D5 pump results...

1663723378755.png

Pump D5 vs VPP755 techpowerup forum
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/pump-d5-vs-vpp755.298154/post-4838796

Here is to give you an idea. (This is also based on who considers their LPM to be the correct one)

In my case my max flow rate with no obstructions, but still long tube length. (Like 12 Feet of tubing) 3 D5 Pumps.

Example for conversion is 6.2 LPM=372 LPH

LPM

X6ghcBJ.jpg

GPM

rAghe0F.jpg

Hz

EqWjU6w.jpg

This is 1 pump

LPM

WRMRYHg.jpg

GPM

nRh1VCb.jpg

Hz

TW5wTKR.jpg

Now with the GPU and CPU and Filter with 1 pump.

LPM

R7649Cj.jpg

GPM

quyypBB.jpg

Hz

btrqMv9.jpg

With 3 pumps.

LPM

EiUlIxa.jpg

GPM

TVeVD8i.jpg

Hz

nMOmSX8.jpg

Edit:

Single pump with 2 1/2 feet of tubing is 4.9 LPM

Swiftech D5 pump.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

After analyzing more of Nvidia's Ada debut.

I found some interesting observations and mega BS. Lets first see the 4080 12GB AD104 first and RTX3090Ti and then DLSS3.0 plus rest.

https://shekelhertz.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/image-81-1024x600.png

See the graph and the games. RE8 is having lower Raster performance on 4070, lets call what it is. And the new 4080 is just a bit faster. That game is RE Engine not even that heavy on GPU to be honest. AC Valhalla is also un-optimized rubble with PentaDRM but GPU heavy and CPU heavy too. Same thing repeat. I do not honestly know much about WH40K it has too much shift so I'm going to ignore it. MSFS ? That is very weird since the performance scaling is blown out totally here.

So they got to be mixing DLSS and Raster in this graphs for the first block too. Second Block set Portal RTX and Racer RTX, Cybermeme 2077 (ultra unoptimized overrated nonsense) all are using new RT Overdrive and if you see their own video which I will link below, the perf is crawling at 21FPS. And suddenly DLSS3.0 it goes 80% higher to 100FPS. So yeah that's how they got 4X.

Now that's out of the way. Let's talk DLSS3.0

Nvidia is saying OFA is exclusive to Ada Lovelace, and so DLSS3.0's new AI Frame Interpolation works only on Ada rest of RTX GPUs - Turing and Ampere will work on base DLSS3.0 which is 2.x with maybe some improvements. But looking at their own graph which they posted the OFA exists in Ampere it's in their own graph here see below but yeah it's only for Ada lol. But also they are adding frames !! Fake Frames to the game, totally fake AI generated interpolation. Which is why they can get such massive FPS numbers and claim reduced CPU load. It's not even real lol no wonder there's no CPU load as GPU is directly injecting it's fake data, so it adds a latency hit, to overcome that, added Nvidia Reflex to the DLSS3.x now standard because reducing the damn latency. Also funny part is if FPS is low even with DLSS then the latency will be higher and moreover

image.thumb.png.824c5fcb479bbd4096e6cf1243f86aad.png

See that OFA (Optical Flow Accelerator) ? It's right there guys !! 128OFA Ampere vs 300OFA Ada LYING through Teeth.

Now the game suite, where is DOOM Eternal ? Where's METRO Exodus, this is the real title for RT performance because that game exclusively has RT ONLY build called Enhanced Edition which had mandatory requirement of RTX2060 with RT cores due to RTGI replacing all in game lights with RT. It uses older DLSS but ofc the game is done long back and Devs will not update the DLSS2.x did not get updated, but still could be used to show the performance boost of so called "Ray Tracing" "DLSS" lol. Esp DLSS2.x on the new Ada vs Ampere, nope we do not get anything. I bet the reviewers will also won't show it since it's all DLSS3.x garbage marketing.

Next is where is Red Dead Redemption 2 the King of the Raster and Photorealism and not only that the insane level of gameplay and Technology it has. Plus It has latest FSR2.0 (2.1 version fixes even more for FREE on all GPUs) update and DLSS2.x (essentially FSR2.0 totally knocks out Nvidia's proprietary garbage to ashes). But yeah no Raster performance nor DLSS performance showcase, since it's all DLSS3.x selected titles and old games won't get support anytime soon or be abandoned totally. Along with Ampere.

Man to be honest, I have really decided to not own this shamware company products they are really awful. Fake Frames, Gated DLSS (Even if it's fake Frames), insane rip off with silicon tiers. Remember 3090Ti is MSRP $1000 now, how can anyone compare the defunct old 3090 price of $1500 ??? This 4090 should be at $1200 tops but now they are normalizing this garbage pricing.

Pricing and Others

Write it down there will be RTX4090 Ti which is going to come no matter what because that's what full AD102 die is at $2000 and RTX4080 Ti again AD103 full die as well will slot in between at $1300-$1400. And RTX5090 will increase even more at $2000 debut. Maybe they will add Display Port 2.0 then since this first batch of Ada cards are not having DP2.0 so much so for MUH 8K Ray Tracing, lol when Chroma Subsampling at 4K 144Hz itself is castrated also dual 4K 144Hz ? Nope it will slash the bitrate by having low data rate on DP1.4a Trash.  Bonus is PCIe4.0 only yes it doesn't really damn matter but you are paying top dollar here. The mobos have PCIe5.0 SSDs (even if they are useless to me, no storage space increase only speed which is worthless), and PCIe5.0x16 and x8 slots, but nowhere to use it all. Write SLI / NVLink also dead, they removed it, so anyone using that CUDA for ML say goodbye to your workloads with NVLink SLI and buy more certified CUDA through RTX A series (rofl they killed Quadro brand).

Thanks Nvidia, the way the customers are meant to be played.

I just hope AMD kicks this new DLSS3.x to the curb in some way by optimizing FSR like how they did to DLSS2.x which is now defunct lmao while FSR2.0 gets added by mods and even Emulators, fingers crossed but in Duopoly you cannot really expect much to be on the consumer side.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Bump 1

Helios (WIP)

i9 10900K // Trident Z Royal C16 4000MHz B-Die 32GB // ASUS Maximus XIII APEX // Noctua DH15 Chromax // RTX3090Ti FE // Alienware 360Hz G-Sync Ultimate IPS FHD // Seasonic Prime TX 1000 Titanium // Fractal Meshify 2XL

Ethereal Ranger

Alienware 17 R1 // i7 4710MQ // 16GB DDR3L 2133MHz // 980M 860M loaner // Windows 8.1

• Thumb Up 3

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

9 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

soon super broke gamer kid coming through... 😅☠️

unfortunately for me waiting will not be an option, so my eyes are fixed on the 4090. my lady and me got our first kid on the way (yay!) due in mid march, which simply means: an extra month waiting is an extra month gaming time lost 🤪

with EVGA out of the picture, im now cosidering Asus, MSI or Zotac due to their warranties and/or known well built cooling designs / power deliveries. i think in the end ill just have to check and see how aftermarket pricing looks like for the respective models and decide spontaneously...

one thing is for sure though: at 1949€ 4090 pricing in Europe, AIB cards will likely START at 2100-2200€ *sigh*

(please let the Zen 4 chips be a bit cheaper than the first placeholder prices listed in France!) 

Oh Congratulations :D...life is over 😁......im kidding, when the kid will show you the first smile, everything will be forgotten.

Yeahh i think those prices are scalper one, normal for a launch, but they will sink when stock is everywhere

https://www.nvidia.com/de-de/geforce/graphics-cards/40-series/rtx-4090/

1949 Euros for one 4090 FE....FUUUUCKKK offff Nvidia

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

51 minutes ago, Reciever said:

I dont think anyone is authentically surprised with the pricing. The market told Nvidia they can essentially charge what they want. Depressing.

The real challenge for Nvidia will be can they still expect those prices with no Miners, recession, inflation, used market glut and plenty of 3000 owners (and even 2000 owners still) not looking to upgrade?

After the initial wave of early adopters, it will be interesting to see how the market pans out post holidays.

I am also very interested to see what AMD has to offer too (on both fronts).

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 2

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

14 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

The real challenge for Nvidia will be can they still expect those prices with no Miners, recession, inflation, used market glut and plenty of 3000 owners (and even 2000 owners still) not looking to upgrade?

After the initial wave of early adopters, it will be interesting to see how the market pans out post holidays.

I am also very interested to see what AMD has to offer too (on both fronts).

Im not sure miners would be on board unless they are buying simply in the hopes of someone else unlocking its potential assuming LHR out of the box. 

The current launch is not very interesting to me, what is more interesting at present is how AMD will respond. If its same/similar performance but at the same pricing then I suppose that makes things easier since I wouldnt be looking at either one lol

Though to be perfectly honest I havent had the time to play any games lately anyways, between carpooling and reallocating other PC's / cleaning up the cards I just got gaming went straight to nil. 

• Thumb Up 3

On 9/5/2022 at 11:25 AM, Mr. Fox said:

Looks nice, Brother @johnksss. What caused you to decide to build that using the Unify-X mobo?

Hey guys, check out my first review on ExtremeHW and comment when you have time. I am expecting another one soon, so I will post the link here after I receive the product and complete the review.

CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB DDR5-6000 32GB Memory Review | ExtremeHW.net

On 9/5/2022 at 2:16 PM, jaybee83 said:

will that be a recurring thing, Mr.Fox the hardware reviewer? 😁👌🏼

had a look at the article, nice write up. from what ive seen so far its not big surprise that +200/+400 MT/s is about the max OCability of most DDR5 modules, right? at least for everyday operation without subambient cooling. also how funny that samsung ICs used to be all the rage for DDR4 and are now actually a con with D5 😄

Here is my latest (went live yesterday). https://extremehw.net/all-reviews/corsair-hs80-rgb-wireless-premium-gaming-headset-review/

The next one is on another DDR5 kit that will likely be finished over the weekend and go live early next week.

5 hours ago, johnksss said:

Here is to give you an idea. (This is also based on who considers their LPM to be the correct one)

In my case my max flow rate with no obstructions, but still long tube length. (Like 12 Feet of tubing) 3 D5 Pumps.

LPM

X6ghcBJ.jpg

GPM

rAghe0F.jpg

Hz

EqWjU6w.jpg

This is 1 pump

LPM

WRMRYHg.jpg

GPM

nRh1VCb.jpg

Hz

TW5wTKR.jpg

LPM

R7649Cj.jpg

GPM

quyypBB.jpg

Hz

btrqMv9.jpg

With 3 pumps.

LPM

EiUlIxa.jpg

GPM

TVeVD8i.jpg

Hz

nMOmSX8.jpg

Edit:

Swiftech D5 pump.

It never ceases to amaze me that results often depend on who is doing the testing/measuring. And, the working environment has a major effect on things. The best way to identify improvement potential is before and after results, when that is possible.  The amount of improvement (or regression) should be relatively consistent even when the measurements differ from one system to the next.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Gear (1) 4066 CL14 is pretty strong performance on a 11900K.  I have never attempted Gear (2) on this specific 11900K. But if I had some super good DDR4, I imagine it would do wonders. 

I’m getting back in the groove and seeing how high I can get this thing. 

6CB65485-0242-42D5-9E1B-5C7680C9078C.jpeg

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

13900KF

10 hours ago, johnksss said:

LPM

X6ghcBJ.jpg

GPM

rAghe0F.jpg

Hz

EqWjU6w.jpg

This is 1 pump

LPM

WRMRYHg.jpg

GPM

nRh1VCb.jpg

Hz

TW5wTKR.jpg

LPM

R7649Cj.jpg

GPM

quyypBB.jpg

Hz

btrqMv9.jpg

With 3 pumps.

LPM

EiUlIxa.jpg

GPM

TVeVD8i.jpg

Hz

nMOmSX8.jpg

Edit:

Swiftech D5 pump.

Thank you bro john for the test resullts 🙂

9 hours ago, Ashtrix said:

Thanks Nvidia, the way the customers are meant to be played.

I just hope AMD kicks this new DLSS3.x to the curb in some way by optimizing FSR like how they did to DLSS2.x which is now defunct lmao while FSR2.0 gets added by mods and even Emulators, fingers crossed but in Duopoly you cannot really expect much to be on the consumer side.

The problem with AMDs coming cards is their love for lower power consumption, and paired with 5nm process. I just can't see they can compete for the performance King this gen. And Nvidia want premium because I'm sure they know AMD can't compete regarding max performance. But they have to think two times if they think all people out there are stupid and will spend 1000$ for a 4080 4070 graphics card. We ain't in mining times anymore. And the web will be flooded with used 3000 series graphics cards.

I'm sure more people/reviewers/youtubers will talk about Nvidia's new SCAM! And there is still a few smart people aka buyers out there that won't be tricked and lured by greed.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2
  • Bump 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

@Mr. Fox 

I have no real clue if Koolance is reading correctly or not as 1190 LPH seems pretty damn high for a single pump.( From what I saw posted) That is like 20 LPM

@Papusan

No problem bro.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

3 hours ago, Papusan said:

The problem with AMDs coming cards is their love for lower power consumption, and paired with 5nm process. I just can't see they can compete for the performance King this gen. And Nvidia want premium because I'm sure they know AMD can't compete regarding max performance. But they have to think two times if they think all people out there are stupid and will spend 1000$ for a 4080 4070 graphics card. We ain't in mining times anymore. And the web will be flooded with used 3000 series graphics cards.

I'm sure more people/reviewers/youtubers will talk about Nvidia's new SCAM! And there is still a few smart people aka buyers out there that won't be tricked and lured by greed.

I can’t see a bunch of people forking over tons of money for RTX4080/4090. With all of these cheap 30 series cards. 

If I needed a GPU I would be hunting down any new or used 3090 with a 450-500+ watt bios on board for cheap. 

When I had my 2080Ti even overclocked to the moon on water cooling, I felt like I needed a little more power in certain titles yet. It felt like the age was getting to it just a little. It was still very fast and all, but it didn’t feel as good as it could have. I don’t notice this feeling with my 3090, maybe it’s just luck or timing, and there hasn’t been any ultra demanding new titles released lately that make your hardware feel slow. But, this 3090 is 2 years old, and it’s a beast. 

Obviously, I’d always want to upgrade to anything that’s substantially faster regardless if we need to or not. But, I am far more excited and concerned with moving to Z690 chipset with a new and improved CPU, than I am with replacing my GPU.

• Thumb Up 3

13900KF

7 hours ago, johnksss said:

@Mr. Fox 

I have no real clue if Koolance is reading correctly or not as 1190 LPH seems pretty damn high for a single pump.( From what I saw posted) That is like 20 LPM

@Papusan

No problem bro.

Yes, it does seem very high and it may not be accurate. But, as long as it is consistent and allows you to spot problems if they arise that is the greater value in having it. Knowing for certain the precise flow rate measurement really isn't that critical. If it falls for some reason and your temperatures increase, you would want to know and investigate. The measurement would be valuable without a number. It could be high, medium-high, medium, medium-low and low, for example. 

• Thumb Up 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

11 hours ago, Papusan said:

4090 AD102 cut die with ~16000 CUDA cores is fast at 450W and with AIBs offering upto 500W+ with the new 3090Ti PCB base design which fixes all the flaws with 3090. The gen on gen performance is just good but not what Nvidia says as 2X i.e 100%, looking at RE8, ACValhalla vs 4090 it's more towards 50-60% from the slide I mentioned on RE8, ACValhalla, which is not small to be honest and good improvement and it is actually packing 60% more CUDA cores too vs 3090/Ti, 10752 vs 16384. Looking like Ampere 2.0 with SER (Shader Execution Reorganization) HW feature and new RT cores, new Tensor cores.

And 4X is just blatant DLSS3.x fake frame addition where Ampere doesn't work at all. If they make Ampere work on that 4080 12GB card will be DOA as it alr is in margin to 3090Ti in RE8 that title has RT and no DLSS3.x. $900 (no FE only AIB, add $100+ premium) so existing market $1000 MSRP 3090Ti FE/AIB beating a brand new 40 series card plus it has low 12GB VRAM. Same here too 7680 CUDA cores AD104 vs GA102 10752. 25% less cores but almost similar and sometimes losing, makes sense to me and cements more of that Ampere 2.0 thought.

Now, AMD RDNA3 with new *might* match a 4090 in Rasterization with 7900XT, just going by their RDNA2 execution since it did - Both DOOM Eternal and Red Dead Redemption 2 run way faster on AMD RDNA2 Radeon 6900XT cards than Nvidia 3090Ti however at 4K it doesn't do that much for AMD, add 6950XT gap closes out.

But Nvidia has their ace now for the Absolute King card of this gen, which is full AD102 die 18432 CUDA  (Upcoming 4090Ti, $2000 MSRP, 600W) which is 2000 cores more than 4090, for comparison 3090 had ~10400 CUDA and 3090Ti was just ~10700 CUDA cores just ~300 more, barely improving it's almost a full die. So they are having a better backup plan this round vs AMD. As for RT I doubt AMD will have competing option and for DLSS3 fake frame insertion technique no idea lol.

If we speak from pure marketing pov, AMD might lose because of DLSS3 Frame Interpolation insertion makes up for Nvidia's 2-4X (absolute BS but it lines with garbage rumors which claimed 2X easily nvidia's advantage). However, their RDNA3 has new Matrix Math Engine called WMMA. It could be either RT or DLSS counter or something else totally like SER that Nvidia announced for Ada.

As for TSMC 4N that Nvidia announced it is not a big node jump bro Papu (here's TSMC website, they mention it flat out that 3nm is the next full node shift from 5N), It's 5N only with few changes per Nvidia's specifications just like AMD's  Ryzen 7000 uses high performance TSMC 5N and it's already showing the performance domination below. So their Radeon we do not know that part, but Radeon 7000 RDNA3 is using MCD (chiplet die for cache), cheaper to make and scalability too, on top huge cache with less power requirement than Nvidia, Nvidia jumped a massive node from Samsung 8N (10nm) to TSMC 4N (5nm) vs AMD from 7N RDNA2 to 5N RDNA3.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X breaks four HWBOT world records with AIO cooler

Also I do not like these new 4000 series 4 Slot cards. 3.5 AIB 3090 and Ti already ruin the Mobo PCIe slots for us. On PCIe3.0 mobos we barely get extra 3.0x4 length slot and x1 slots with the 3.x aka 4 Slot cards you are out of options and cannot use anything. I think only FE cards are strict 3 Slot cards. Ampere was 3 Slot only for 3090/Ti. Not sure about 4090.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2

Helios (WIP)

i9 10900K // Trident Z Royal C16 4000MHz B-Die 32GB // ASUS Maximus XIII APEX // Noctua DH15 Chromax // RTX3090Ti FE // Alienware 360Hz G-Sync Ultimate IPS FHD // Seasonic Prime TX 1000 Titanium // Fractal Meshify 2XL

Ethereal Ranger

Alienware 17 R1 // i7 4710MQ // 16GB DDR3L 2133MHz // 980M 860M loaner // Windows 8.1

2 hours ago, Ashtrix said:

4090 AD102 cut die with ~16000 CUDA cores is fast at 450W and with AIBs offering upto 500W+ with the new 3090Ti PCB base design which fixes all the flaws with 3090. The gen on gen performance is just good but not what Nvidia says as 2X i.e 100%, looking at RE8, ACValhalla vs 4090 it's more towards 50-60% from the slide I mentioned on RE8, ACValhalla, which is not small to be honest and good improvement and it is actually packing 60% more CUDA cores too vs 3090/Ti, 10752 vs 16384. Looking like Ampere 2.0 with SER (Shader Execution Reorganization) HW feature and new RT cores, new Tensor cores.

And 4X is just blatant DLSS3.x fake frame addition where Ampere doesn't work at all. If they make Ampere work on that 4080 12GB card will be DOA as it alr is in margin to 3090Ti in RE8 that title has RT and no DLSS3.x. $900 (no FE only AIB, add $100+ premium) so existing market $1000 MSRP 3090Ti FE/AIB beating a brand new 40 series card plus it has low 12GB VRAM. Same here too 7680 CUDA cores AD104 vs GA102 10752. 25% less cores but almost similar and sometimes losing, makes sense to me and cements more of that Ampere 2.0 thought.

Now, AMD RDNA3 with new *might* match a 4090 in Rasterization with 7900XT, just going by their RDNA2 execution since it did - Both DOOM Eternal and Red Dead Redemption 2 run way faster on AMD RDNA2 Radeon 6900XT cards than Nvidia 3090Ti however at 4K it doesn't do that much for AMD, add 6950XT gap closes out.

But Nvidia has their ace now for the Absolute King card of this gen, which is full AD102 die 18432 CUDA  (Upcoming 4090Ti, $2000 MSRP, 600W) which is 2000 cores more than 4090, for comparison 3090 had ~10400 CUDA and 3090Ti was just ~10700 CUDA cores just ~300 more, barely improving it's almost a full die. So they are having a better backup plan this round vs AMD. As for RT I doubt AMD will have competing option and for DLSS3 fake frame insertion technique no idea lol.

If we speak from pure marketing pov, AMD might lose because of DLSS3 Frame Interpolation insertion makes up for Nvidia's 2-4X (absolute BS but it lines with garbage rumors which claimed 2X easily nvidia's advantage). However, their RDNA3 has new Matrix Math Engine called WMMA. It could be either RT or DLSS counter or something else totally like SER that Nvidia announced for Ada.

As for TSMC 4N that Nvidia announced it is not a big node jump bro Papu (here's TSMC website, they mention it flat out that 3nm is the next full node shift from 5N), It's 5N only with few changes per Nvidia's specifications just like AMD's  Ryzen 7000 uses high performance TSMC 5N and it's already showing the performance domination below. So their Radeon we do not know that part, but Radeon 7000 RDNA3 is using MCD (chiplet die for cache), cheaper to make and scalability too, on top huge cache with less power requirement than Nvidia, Nvidia jumped a massive node from Samsung 8N (10nm) to TSMC 4N (5nm) vs AMD from 7N RDNA2 to 5N RDNA3.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X breaks four HWBOT world records with AIO cooler

Also I do not like these new 4000 series 4 Slot cards. 3.5 AIB 3090 and Ti already ruin the Mobo PCIe slots for us. On PCIe3.0 mobos we barely get extra 3.0x4 length slot and x1 slots with the 3.x aka 4 Slot cards you are out of options and cannot use anything. I think only FE cards are strict 3 Slot cards. Ampere was 3 Slot only for 3090/Ti. Not sure about 4090.

True the 3090ti design fixes all the flaws and potential problems of the 3090 with a small uplift on top. Benefits of end cycle refinements. Still doesn't wash the taste out of my mouth as they should have released it from the get go if able.

Looking at their stack, even dismissing all the fluff numbers, the 4090 is a monster of a card but knowing a true Ti level card is lurking with 2000 more CUDAs gives me pause plus early adopter costs. The market will be much clearer End of Q1 2023.

AMD has just been bringing it the last 2-3 years both CPU and GPU in terms of growth and performance. Hopefully RDNA3 is as much of a beast compared to RDNA2 as RDNA2 was to RDNA. 5700xt -> 6900xt was serious growth. Whatever gets Jensen shaking in his leather jacket, price adjust and release the 4090ti sooner than later.

At the rate the power consumption is growing, we will eventually end up with a two handed GPU that slots in and uses 4-5 retention screws.....4 slot cards just spilling gobsmackingly amounts of heat into your case. Don't mind me, I'm jaded. The way that FTW 3090ti ran and turned my case and room into a sauna (and was loud too under load) just left a sour taste in my mouth.

Look at the size of that Gigabyte! (We're gonna need a bigger boat... 🙂 )

AORUS-RTX4090-SIZE-1-1200x751.thumb.jpg.316297827f7c59f3b44d43a6788d8b1d.jpg

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2

Run down of all the 4090 cards announced so far (AKA Size Matters):

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 2
  • Bump 1

On 9/21/2022 at 7:21 PM, electrosoft said:

I've been looking through all the models and my initial assessment still stands. The only one that catches my eye is the Neptune 4090. Immediate ideas of a Gundam/Robotech White and silver vertical build danced through my head:

COLORFUL-GEFORCE-RTX-40-7-1200x719.thumb.jpg.62021f6a37d81b7ec6501060db67a29e.jpg

9 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Isn't the Nepune coming with a castrated cooler block? If so, why buy it over a vanilla air cooled card and add own water block? I remember Tweaktown was more happy with the Suprime 3090 Ti than the water cooled Strix card (binning).

NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang answered some questions from investors and reporters in the wake of his GTC keynote. One of the seismic industry events just ahead of all the Ada Lovelace news was the split with long-standing partner EVGA. Naturally, there were reporters at the Q&A that came fishing for Huang’s first official.....

“The market has a lot of great players. And it'll be served well after EVGA,” said Jensen Huang, in answer to PC Gamer’s Jacob Ridley, during the Q&A session. Huang added some warmth to that rather cold sounding statement, mentioning that Andrew Han and EVGA were great partners, and it was sad to see them leave the market. Revealingly, Huang admitted he had known about the EVGA’s boss’s wishes to wind down the GPU business “for a couple of years.”

Surely, NVIDIA rather blatantly creaming the top off the market with Founder Edition cards during recent generations was another one of the sparks behind the burned-out relationship.
  • Thumb Up 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

8 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Oh man i had to laugh out load at the video. :D. Are all the marketing reps high or what. 🤣 Bionic shark fans..jesus Gigabyte wtf 🤣

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Papusan said:

https://hothardware.com/news/rtx-4080-12gb-has-more-than-memory-cut-from-16gb-model#:~:text=The reaction of,the naming scheme.

The reaction of the hardware enthusiast community to the naming of the two RTX 4080 cards, as well as the overall high pricing of the Ada Lovelace GPU family, has been vitriolic in spots. The Reddit thread for the Project Beyond event on the /r/NVIDIA subreddit has over 4000 comments, and a great many of them are expressing either disappointment at the pricing or frustration with the naming scheme.

GALAX Reveals NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 12GB Has More Than Memory Cut From 16GB Model hothardware.com

image.png.4c108ed0f4f869cf2d6f199ef5ecb96d.png

• Thumb Up 3

32 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Isn't the Nepune coming with a castrated cooler block? If so, why buy it over a vanilla air cooled card and add own water block? I remember Tweaktown was more happy with the Suprime 3090 Ti than the water cooled Strix card (binning).

The Neptune has a better AIO cooler than standard Hybrids which tend to just cover the GPU primarily but obviously can't touch a real block. It falls right in between a classic Hybrid and a full block.

• Thumb Up 1

You buy a bare motherboard, and a bare cpu, then we buy our own cooler. And we even assemble it all.

AIB’s should consider selling blank GPU PCB’s with no cooler. And then we just buy our own cooler for it. 

They could start a whole market for just GPU AIO’s. And GPU waterblock. They need to standardize mounting holes. And the memory position for most GPU’s. And it would work. 

• Thumb Up 2

13900KF

43 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

The Neptune has a better AIO cooler than standard Hybrids which tend to just cover the GPU primarily but obviously can't touch a real block. It falls right in between a classic Hybrid and a full block.

We have to see the results first. ButTweaktown wasn't happy with Asus 3090Ti AIO card. An AIO cooled card fail if it perform equal as a air cooled card. We'll see 🙂

ASUS loses big points with the lack of performance gains over an air-cooled RTX 3090 Ti, more noise than an air-cooled RTX 3090 Ti, and has a huge bulky AIO cooler. 

I wouldn't recommend the ASUS ROG Strix LC GeForce RTX 3090 Ti over an air-cooled GPU, simply because it offers no performance leap over the air-cooled RTX 3090 Ti cards. The GPU temps being so low are awesome, but not awesome enough to have a huge AIO cooler installed in my PC... or that it's louder than my MSI RTX 3090 Ti SUPRIM X. Sorry, ASUS.

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/10075/asus-rog-strix-lc-geforce-rtx-3090-ti-oc-edition/index.html

And all white in my fully Black box screems... NOOOOOO 🙂

Michael Scott No GIF

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Papusan said:

We have to see the results first. ButTweaktown wasn't happy with Asus 3090Ti AIO card. An AIO cooled card fail if it perform equal as a air cooled card. We'll see 🙂

ASUS loses big points with the lack of performance gains over an air-cooled RTX 3090 Ti, more noise than an air-cooled RTX 3090 Ti, and has a huge bulky AIO cooler. 

I wouldn't recommend the ASUS ROG Strix LC GeForce RTX 3090 Ti over an air-cooled GPU, simply because it offers no performance leap over the air-cooled RTX 3090 Ti cards. The GPU temps being so low are awesome, but not awesome enough to have a huge AIO cooler installed in my PC... or that it's louder than my MSI RTX 3090 Ti SUPRIM X. Sorry, ASUS.

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/10075/asus-rog-strix-lc-geforce-rtx-3090-ti-oc-edition/index.html

And all white in my fully Black box screems... NOOOOOO 🙂

Michael Scott No GIF

The Asus AIO card far surpasses the Suprim X in temps. AIO vs air provides a good performance gain in temps.

First pic: Asus 3090Ti LC.

Second pic: MSI Suprim X 3090Ti

Both pictures from TweakTowns review of both cards.

Also, keep in mind with AIO swapping fans, and maxing out pump speeds, repaste, this is beneficial for AIO GPU’s. But the Asus 3090Ti LC runs cooler with more power consumption.

47D0977F-8445-4062-8466-1205DD16BE1E.png

BAEE9937-25C8-4802-94CC-45F7601E7D46.png

• Thumb Up 1

13900KF

22 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

The Asus AIO card far surpasses the Suprim X in temps. AIO vs air provides a good performance gain in temps.

First pic: Asus 3090Ti LC.

Second pic: MSI Suprim X 3090Ti

Both pictures from TweakTowns review of both cards.

Also, keep in mind with AIO swapping fans, and maxing out pump speeds, repaste, this is beneficial for AIO GPU’s. But the Asus 3090Ti LC runs cooler with more power consumption.

47D0977F-8445-4062-8466-1205DD16BE1E.png

BAEE9937-25C8-4802-94CC-45F7601E7D46.png

https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/10076/msi-geforce-rtx-3090-ti-suprim-overclocking-oc/index.html

https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/10077/asus-rog-strix-lc-geforce-rtx-3090-ti-overclocking-oc/index.html

Edit. I think with Evga out of question we need to look after what of the AIB partners that will offer the overall better bin for their best cards.