NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

10 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

9 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I don't know. Just got lucky that I had it as I normally do not use XTU. Yes, their driver and software policy sucks and is deplorable, just like the Redmond Retards and AMD and NVIDIA. They all suck.

The current look and feel of XTU is totally trash. Everything in the UI is bloated to be nice for use by touchscreen smartphone, tablet and modern UI filth for Kool-Aid drinking sissy-boys.

Here is a link to an archive with all the versions that I have saved. 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtvVypqAtWDahYkhQ4EyJcoRuUgeGg?e=xIvHEh 

Here is a link to an archive with installable backups of my Z490 and Z690 Windows 7 drivers.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtvVypqAtWDahYkldHtAektSLFapLw?e=aLI6HI

Remember to spam F8 and select the option disable DSE because some are unsigned. Or, just disable it permanently using an admin command prompt, then run the Test Mode Watermark Disabler script. (The latter is the best way... one and done.)

bcdedit /set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit /set TESTSIGNING ON

bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on

Thanks 🙂

Added it in my XTU Library. Only lacked XTU 7.9.0.24. Have 44 versions now in the library. I mean I still lack a few from recent. Same for the old past. I prefer save all. Yo never know if you find some old HW for cheap 🙂

Download ink: XTU Library - Nov 09, 2022

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nvidia have pushed themself in a corner. Why change something that have worked well before? The damn cute and pretty new Gpu power connector to match their small cute graphics PCB is a change "only for the change". As long there will be user errors, there will be fire and smoke. And no consumers will admit they did it wrong "because they won't be able to have it fixed on warrranty (user errors)". Warranty normally don't cover user errors!

PCI-SIG working on updated 12VHPWR connector, but it won’t address the melting problem

PCI-SIG, the organization behind all things PCI Express, is now reviewing a potential change to the 12VHPWR connector.
https://videocardz.com/newz/mind-the-gap-psu-expert-recommends-how-to-insert-12vhpwr-cables-correctly

stupid youtube GIF

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

@Mr. Fox Soooooooo, I got an answer to your Question about Microcenter in Arizona. As of right now it's not going to happen. They have plans for 3 more locations in the near distant future though. Indiana, Miami and I forget the other location.

As to why they are in no hurry to open new stores...... Microcenter is a cash operation with zero investors.  So when they have enough money they go out and build another store. 

And when business is slow they just lay low until business just picks backup.  And since they answer to no one they do as they please.  I was also told that it has to do with location, I threw in that Arizona has lower taxes apparently Microcenter is not interested in going to Arizona right now.  Something to do about real estate and location Is what I was told from someone in the know.

• Thumb Up 5
  • Like 2

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

4 minutes ago, johnksss said:

@Mr. Fox Soooooooo, I got an answer to your Question about Microcenter in Arizona. As of right now it's not going to happen. They have plans for 3 more locations in the near distant future though. Indiana, Miami and I forget the other location.

As to why they are in no hurry to open new stores...... Microcenter is a cash operation with zero investors.  So when they have enough money they go out and build another store. 

And when business is slow they just lay low until business just picks backup.  And since they answer to no one they do as they please.  I was also told that it has to do with location, I threw in that Arizona has lower taxes apparently Microcenter is not interested in going to Arizona right now.  Something to do about real estate and location Is what I was told from someone in the know.

I wish they could build one in Tennessee lol. While Nashville is kind of an average city, more and more companies have been moving here due to reasonable taxes and no personal state income tax, but I can also see many reasons why Microcenter wouldn't want to prioritize coming here. The closest one is in Georgia, so while people in East TN wouldn't have too much of a problem if they wanted to buy a bunch of stuff there, the rest of us in the middle or west would not like to drive 7-8 total hours just to buy computer parts.

Though, there are a lot of other people, especially in the Midwest that would have to drive like double that to get to the nearest MC, so I guess I can't really complain.

• Thumb Up 2

Clevo P870TM-G: Core i7 8700k @ 4.8ghz | Clevo GTX 1080 | 32gb HyperX DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 17" 1440p 120hz B173QTN01.0 Screen | 256gb Samsung 850 EVO | 500gb WD Blue SSD | 1tb Samsung 870 QVO | 2tb Seagate 5400rpm HDD | Prema BIOS

Alienware 17 R1: Core i7 4710mq @ 3.619ghz 741 CBR15 (834 CBR15 @ 4.213ghz) | Dell GTX 860m | 16gb HyperX DDR3L @ 2133mhz | 17" 3D 120hz LTN173HT02-T01 Screen | 256gb mSATA SSD

Asus Zephyrus G14: Ryzen 7 4800hs @ 4.2ghz | GTX 1650 | 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 14" 120hz LM140LF1F01 Screen | 512gb NVME SSD

20 minutes ago, johnksss said:

We had a Tiger direct here in NC but they closed down around 2009-2010 I believe. They were great too. I remember going there when I was 15 years old and my mom bought me a NZXT Nemesis Elite ATX case for my birthday lol. They didn’t have any in stock so they sold me the display model for $10 dollars less. But I would run up there all the time to buy parts up until I was about 20 and they closed the doors. I remember they were always packed when I went inside, and I am not really sure why they even closed to this day. Maybe a Microcenter will come to NC one day. 

• Thumb Up 1

13900KF

Really impressed of fsr 2.1, looks not that bad against dlss and its working on any hardware! Dont need to pay greedy nvidia

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

3 hours ago, johnksss said:

Well that sucks real bad for guys like me, and for them too. Thanks for asking. I appreciate it.

Maybe they just don't want to be in the same metropolitan area where other big tech providers have taken refuge with an operations or manufacturing presence such as TSMC, Intel, AMD, Amazon, Apple, Motorola, IBM, Honeywell, Qualcomm, Western Digital, Broadcom, Microsoft (hardware division), Ingram Micro, Micron, Oracle, Google, Dell (IT Services), PayPal, GoDaddy, Fujitsu, Marvell, Norton, CDW, General Dynamics, Hewlitt Packard Enterprise Services, etc. (Seems like AZ and TX are rapidly becoming Silicon Valley replacements as tech companies discover they can be more profitable by moving to places that are a Mecca for business that does not punish them for success.)

• Thumb Up 4

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

1 hour ago, cylix said:

Really impressed of fsr 2.1, looks not that bad against dlss and its working on any hardware! Dont need to pay greedy nvidia

Absolutely, good stuff for non RTX owners. I tested both yesterday when it came out and the DLSS image quality is better and more stable. The FSR 2.1 flickers more often and it's especially bad when driving at times, heavy ghosting/trailing when the camera jerks or has a chase camera angle. This is especially noticeable you see in person vs YouTube heavy compression. Still if I had an older GPU, with no RTX, I would choose FSR 2.1 over native. 

Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

2 hours ago, Tenoroon said:

I wish they could build one in Tennessee lol. While Nashville is kind of an average city, more and more companies have been moving here due to reasonable taxes and no personal state income tax, but I can also see many reasons why Microcenter wouldn't want to prioritize coming here. The closest one is in Georgia, so while people in East TN wouldn't have too much of a problem if they wanted to buy a bunch of stuff there, the rest of us in the middle or west would not like to drive 7-8 total hours just to buy computer parts.

Though, there are a lot of other people, especially in the Midwest that would have to drive like double that to get to the nearest MC, so I guess I can't really complain.

Not sure if they said NC or not, ill ask tomorrow if he is in.

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

Well that sucks real bad for guys like me, and for them too. Thanks for asking. I appreciate it.

Maybe they just don't want to be in the same metropolitan area where other big tech providers have taken refuge with an operations or manufacturing presence such as TSMC, Intel, Amazon, Apple, Motorola, IBM, Honeywell, Qualcomm, Western Digital, Broadcom, Microsoft (hardware division), Ingram Micro, Micron, Oracle, Google, Dell (IT Services), PayPal, GoDaddy, Fujitsu, Marvell, Norton, CDW, General Dynamics, Hewlitt Packard Enterprise Services, etc. (Seems like AZ and TX are rapidly becoming Silicon Valley replacements as tech companies discover they can be more profitable by moving to places that are a Mecca for business that does not punish them for success.)

No problem bro as curiosity got the better of me. 🙂

And none of them were bought without investers as well, but I can only go by what they were telling me.

Edit:

And they do have 2 stores in Texas so go figure. 

• Thumb Up 2

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

7 minutes ago, johnksss said:

No problem bro as curiosity got the better of me. 🙂

And none of them were bought without investers as well, but I can only go by what they were telling me.

Yes, it is very puzzling and I do appreciate the inquiry on my behalf. Seems like a no-brainer to me, but I have a personal interest in seeing it happen that is entirely selfish by nature. I do have theory/wild guess that is purely speculation. And, if even it were accurate calling it out might be unpopular with a few people, so I will just keep it to myself. 😉

• Thumb Up 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Yes, it is very puzzling and I do appreciate the inquiry on my behalf. Seems like a no-brainer to me, but I have a personal interest in seeing it happen that is entirely selfish by nature. I do have theory/wild guess that is purely speculation. And, if even it were accurate calling it out might be unpopular with a few people, so I will just keep it to myself. 😉

I did say my buddy would not be happy to hear that! 😂

I'm going to ask further and see if there was a specific reason why not Arizona or Nevada for that matter. For now anyways.

• Like 1

Hwbot Profile

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

Maybe they just don't want to be in the same metropolitan area where other big tech providers have taken refuge with an operations or manufacturing presence such as TSMC, Intel, AMD, Amazon, Apple, Motorola, IBM, Honeywell, Qualcomm, Western Digital, Broadcom, Microsoft (hardware division), Ingram Micro, Micron, Oracle, Google, Dell (IT Services), PayPal, GoDaddy, Fujitsu, Marvell, Norton, CDW, General Dynamics, Hewlitt Packard Enterprise Services, etc. (Seems like AZ and TX are rapidly becoming Silicon Valley replacements as tech companies discover they can be more profitable by moving to places that are a Mecca for business that does not punish them for success.)

6 minutes ago, johnksss said:

I did say my buddy would not be happy to hear that! 😂

I'm going to ask further and see if there was a specific reason why not Arizona or Nevada for that matter. For now anyways.

I totally forgot that AMD is doing stuff here now. Not sure how that slipped my mind. Kind of ironic to have so much chip fab stuff going on in a literal 'silicon (sand) valley' LOL. Kind of like making lemonade when life is filled with lemons. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

CENN still wants my CPU. He just messaged again, and said c’mon man $1,050 and I’ll pay any express shipping fees on top. 

I mean, I’d be pocketing $424 and getting to test another new unknown 13900KF. I found another new one for a decent price.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Haha 1

13900KF

38 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

CENN still wants my CPU. He just messaged again, and said c’mon man $1,050 and I’ll pay any express shipping fees on top. 

I mean, I’d be pocketing $424 and getting to test another new unknown 13900KF. I found another new one for a decent price.

I wouldn't sell it below 1200$. But thats me. And he have to pay for the shiiping. My asking price here isn't far away from what you have to pay for binned chips sold on the bot marketplace. Many binned chips will be sold at 1000$ when the owners is done with them. Sell while the chips is freshware or just keep it. Once the KS is out, the old is forgotten or the value shrink to 800$ (This depending on how the KS chips keep up). 

Unlocked Raptor chips have gone down in price.. Sub 600$ so double the price is fair to ask for.

image.png.7c8c343a5bcad9d92fd777dd3722e56e.png

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

7 hours ago, johnksss said:

Why do they have so many in New York? Leave the one in Yonkers alone but they can spare one of the others. I wish they had one in CT but I won't complain. 50 miles is not bad and if they had one closer, I would be in deep trouble. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 3
  • Bump 1

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

8 minutes ago, Rage Set said:

Why do they have so many in New York? Leave the one in Yonkers alone but they can spare one of the others. I wish they had one in CT but I won't complain. 50 miles is not bad and if they had one closer, I would be in deep trouble. 

Still rocking that 3090 Kingpin Hydro copper man. It has been great!

• Thumb Up 2

13900KF

Not bad from an old fart near the North pole (where the sun almost never shine)🙂 Older the better bro  @Mr. Fox😄

200w.webp

It seems Intel have closen the gap to Ryzen chips in Wprime 1.55 wth this gen processors. 

https://hwbot.org/submission/5117949_papusan_wprime___32m_core_i9_13900k_1sec_172ms?recalculate=true

2794796.jpg

https://hwbot.org/submission/5117952_papusan_wprime___1024m_core_i9_13900k_25sec_626ms

2794799.jpg

Btw. 18 inch laptops will come back. Maybe Dell Alienware will try the same and compete with Razer who will offer the thinnest 18 inch gaming book?

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 3

image.png.1b6176aae0d865efc8b6fae2f7df34c3.png

• Thumb Up 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, johnksss said:

pretty good info, thx for that! it sounds like theyre taking things slow and safe, which aint a bad thing at all, considering how many investment bubbles and fake startups are just out for quick cash grabs nowadays, without offering any actual products or services. id definitely prefer that vs. growing too fast and having to shrink / lay ppl off again in hindsight. long game vs. short term gains.

also, the focus on real estate and location likely has to do with overall low margins on their side (i.e. impact of tax savings are low for them, so not a high priority), backup strategies (i.e. higher real estate stability / expected returns after aqcuisition in case smth goes wrong with the retail business and using the real estate as plan B), as well as number of potential customers in a given area? all those points are just assumptions on my part though, just thinking out loud here 😄

6 hours ago, tps3443 said:

lulz, thats a pretty weak follow up though, meager 50 bucks more? have u actually send him any counter offers yet? might be worth it to check how hed react to a specific number from your side. make it quick tho, as papu said, the more time goes by, the faster the chip's worth will go down.

41 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

image.png.1b6176aae0d865efc8b6fae2f7df34c3.png

huh! without having seen the vid yet, id bed those gpus are for professional / server customers, right? gotta milk those insane B2B margins! 😄

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Good news: TSMC Reportedly Looks To Raise a Second Arizona Chip Fab

And an answer to an immediate question an outsider would pose: Here’s why TSMC and Intel keep building foundries in the Arizona desert

It's also interesting to take a look at the broad overview and history of the CHIPS and Science Act which basically enabled this. Kind of beggars belief not everyone was onboard, but I guess let's leave it there.

• Thumb Up 3

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

1 hour ago, Etern4l said:

Good news: TSMC Reportedly Looks To Raise a Second Arizona Chip Fab

And an answer to an immediate question an outsider would pose: Here’s why TSMC and Intel keep building foundries in the Arizona desert

It's also interesting to take a look at the broad overview and history of the CHIPS and Science Act which basically enabled this. Kind of beggars belief not everyone was onboard, but I guess let's leave it there.

"the political machinery in Arizona is determined to make the state business friendly."

This is one of the big reasons I find it puzzling that Micro Center (or any other business) would avoid Arizona. Everything about the state is geared toward making things easy for business to thrive. Texas is very similar. Thriving business is good for companies, employees and consumers.  Property values keep going up, taxes stay lower than normal, so the return on the investment is also better and comes easier than most (not all, but close,) of the states where they operate. In most cases, the exact opposite of all the above is true. I could speculate why the owners of the company deliberately choose to operate in places that are hostile toward business vibrance, free enterprise and capitalism, but we won't go there.

• Thumb Up 2

39 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

"the political machinery in Arizona is determined to make the state business friendly."

This is one of the big reasons I find it puzzling that Micro Center (or any other business) would avoid Arizona. Everything about the state is geared toward making things easy for business to thrive. Texas is very similar. Thriving business is good for companies, employees and consumers.  Property values keep going up, taxes stay lower than normal, so the return on the investment is also better and comes easier than most (not all, but close,) of the states where they operate. In most cases, the exact opposite of all the above is true. I could speculate why the owners of the company deliberately choose to operate in places that are hostile toward business vibrance, free enterprise and capitalism, but we won't go there.

Yes, it is a bit weird. While apparently Arizona is only the 31th state in terms of population density - which could be a factor, Phoenix itself is the 5th most populous US city (I didn't actually know that). You would think this would be high enough on the priority list. Still, probably best to avoid jumping to loosely founded conclusions, there could be some legal issues for instance.

• Thumb Up 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

9 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

Alright, CENN said he’d buy the chip for $1,050 plus shipping and hook me up with a Z790 Dark from Vince too. I’ll do it. 😁😁😁

Interesting but it is an overall good value offer. LOL, hopefully that board comes with an active warranty knowing your history with Dark boards. 

• Thumb Up 4

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

14 minutes ago, Rage Set said:

Interesting but it is an overall good value offer. LOL, hopefully that board comes with an active warranty knowing your history with Dark boards. 

I know right? All of my EVGA Dark motherboards from X299 to Z490 to Z590 have had something or another broken on them. But, they always still worked past my use with them. 

• Thumb Up 1

13900KF