NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2
  • Bump 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

9 hours ago, Papusan said:

With the nice friendship with China over Taiwan I can see why Uncle Joe want chips fabs built fast other places (just look at what happened with oil/gas from Russia to Europe - Dams stupid Merkel). And what's better than nvidia pay some of the bills? But don't expect cheaper graphics cards... Nvidia won't sell their graphics cards cheaper if they get a better deal with Intel😎

The CableMod QC nightmare continue....

image.png.4c529805769e4bbe3a7dec380c59ff16.png

Uncle Joe's semiconductor push is well motivated, but what's also needed is R&D to bridge the manufacturing process gap. Still not clear what Nvidia would be able to do with Intel's 7nm process apart from Ampere. 

Speaking of Taiwan, obviously MSI, Asus and Gigab... are all Taiwanese companies... I seem to recall Intel used to make mobos? 

Offtopic, but German special relationship with Russian gas is older than Mutti Merkel. Remember Papi Schroeder and his Nord Stream deals (and the nice Gazprom kickbacks)?

• Thumb Up 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

Looks like Battlemage will have 4 x 8-pin. No silly 12VHPWR connector nonsense.

If this is accurate and it competes with, or beats, the RTX 4080, I might have to think about getting one.

image.png

image.png

8 hours ago, Etern4l said:

As for the jobs, I'm not sure how labour-intensive fabs are, but if a fab is up and running then the jobs are there regardless of whether NVidia or Intel chips are being manufactured. 

One of my sons is a contractor at the Phoenix Intel fab facility and another a contractor at the TSMC plant currently under construction. Both facilities are massive and have a gigantic workforce. (All four sons work for the same electrical engineering company, but the other two work on other projects.)

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 3

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

47 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

If this is accurate and it competes with, or beats, the RTX 4080, I might have to think about getting one.

image.png

image.png

One of my sons is a contractor at the Phoenix Intel fab facility and another a contractor at the TSMC plant currently under construction. Both facilities are massive and have a gigantic workforce. (All four sons work for the same electrical engineering company, but the other two work on other projects.)

No point in 4x 8-pin if Intel go with the lower TDP as mentioned in the video. And then we have the new modern ATX 3.0 PSUs. They crimp on PCIE 8-pin connectors due the new modern Nvidia connector. Etc... If you go with a Apex MB with Intel GPU you'll need a PSU with minimum 7x 8-pin connectors. And that won't happen (4 for the Gpu and 3 for the Cpu/MB).

See. This is the new modern PSUs for new modern graphics cards... https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/toughpower-gf3-850w-gold-tt-premium-edition.html

image.png.b70b7aa6449204ad9d79282edb56c120.png

https://file.thermaltake.com/file/qig/Connect_PCIe_Cables_to_High_Power_Consumption_GPU_en.pdf

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1
  • Sad 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

39 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

image.png

image.png

Fantastic to see Intel advance on the GPU front and start pushing Nvidia out. We need that, which is why the rumours of cooperation seem so bizarre. I mean Intel Clear Linux is probably the worst distro on the planet for Nvidia driver support. 

Yeah, very interesting. So even though the fabs are highly automated, Intel still employs 12k in Arizona and 21k in Oregon. Not clear how much of that enoyment is construction-related. 

https://www.cnet.com/tech/computing/what-its-like-inside-a-7-billion-intel-fab/

Still, a drop in the bucket vs the size of the economy or even the broader tech sector. 

• Thumb Up 4

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

3 hours ago, Etern4l said:

Still, a drop in the bucket vs the size of the economy or even the broader tech sector

It matters a lot at the local level even though globally it might be a small percentage. The associated jobs that are created are also very valuable, as is frequently the case when a very large business comes to a city or town. The ripple effect is often much larger and broader than the big roster of staff.

• Thumb Up 5

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

50 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

It matters a lot at the local level even though globally it might be a small percentage. The associated jobs that are created are also very valuable, as is frequently the case when a very large business comes to a city or town. The ripple effect is often much larger and broader than the big roster of staff.

True enough, although Chandler is part of Phoenix metro area, 5M people :) 

I dare say, the huge impact comes from provision of chip security. Imagine the impact on jobs in the US and worldwide should the worst happen to the small island off the coast of China, and nobody is building any extra fab capacity because of the economic downturn etc. 

• Thumb Up 3

-- Max Tegmark

10 hours ago, cylix said:

Thanks. I found these on Amazon. From the S/N and specs looks same only they have Neo in name for expo. Think are the same A dies?

G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5NR 64GB 2x32GB DDR5 6000MHz Memory Module https://amzn.eu/d/5TOgqfl

Most likely, but the two sets of G.Skill flare sticks I ordered which were all A-die early on are now predominantly M-die. The good thing is AM5 is good for ~6400 max on a good binned IMC and the sweet spot truly is ~6000 and diminishing returns kick in quickly. Timings trump frequency for AMD (of course if you can get both....). I left my sticks at 1.40 stock to tighten them up but I'll eventually go back in there and bump it up to 1.45-1.55 just to see what they can do at 6200. My 7800X3D maxes out at 6200 tested across 4 sets of DDR5 (even 6400+ rated sticks) so I know that's its limit.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Thanks 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

Intel can keep inventory pretty well with CPU’s. And this has been the case for a little while now. So I think if Intel did make silicon for Nvidia it would work out just fine, because there would be an abundance of GPU’s during launch. Obviously “besides the 13900KS” but that is a limited edition CPU. So it is what it is with that one. “While supplies last type of deal” 

I would be curious to see how this goes.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

13900KF

13 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Great scenario, hope they can work it out, only beaten by the one in which there are plenty of Intel GPUs at launch which beat Nvidia ones. 🙂

Although I don't have any first-hand experience with it, comments from owner's of the new Intel GPUs indicate they are seeing steady improvements as drivers and firmware mature. Not only is this something new for Intel that would naturally take time, money and effort to master, but they have fierce competition. AMD alone has their work cut out for them competing against NVIDIA, so think about what a steep uphill climb it is for Intel. Being the world's best CPU-maker means absolutely nothing in the GPU space. Reputation is nice but, at the end of the day, results are really the only thing that matters. Appropriately, and as it should be with all things, trying hard just isn't good enough and there are no trophies for participation. 

I'm excited at the possibility they might actually land a few rib-breaking gut punches to both NVIDIA and AMD in the GPU space.

• Thumb Up 5

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

I'm excited at the possibility they might actually land a few rib-breaking gut punches to both NVIDIA and AMD in the GPU space.

Yep, this is very needed. If they can't compete in raw performance, then compete on price. They could win everything up to 4070 performance and destroy for Nvidia and AMD in mid tier segment. If Nvidia and AMD was forced to reduce prices on mid range this would also drip on high end. Below is the status for mid 2023. Tragic! Not much gain vs two years old graphics cards. Only more expensive.

The RTX 4060 Ti feautres a 128-bit wide memory bus. (Source: NVIDIA)

RTX 4060 Ti review roundup depicts GPU performing 12% better vs RTX 3060 Ti but failing to offer any performance/price advantage

In other words, the 4060 Ti is essentially a US$399 RTX 3070 when it comes to rasterization and ray tracing performance at FHD resolution.

The Radeon RX 7600 has an MSRP of US$270. (Source: AMD)

RX 7600 review roundup demonstrates disappointing performance/price vs RX 6600 despite RDNA 3 GPU performing 27% better

3DCenter has now published their launch review roundup of the RX 7600 allowing us to confirm that the RX 7600 indeed offers no price/performance benefit over the RX 6600.

8 hours ago, Papusan said:

No point in 4x 8-pin if Intel go with the lower TDP as mentioned in the video. And then we have the new modern ATX 3.0 PSUs. They crimp on PCIE 8-pin connectors due the new modern Nvidia connector. Etc... If you go with a Apex MB with Intel GPU you'll need a PSU with minimum 7x 8-pin connectors. And that won't happen (4 for the Gpu and 3 for the Cpu/MB).

See. This is the new modern PSUs for new modern graphics cards... https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/toughpower-gf3-850w-gold-tt-premium-edition.html

image.png.b70b7aa6449204ad9d79282edb56c120.png

https://file.thermaltake.com/file/qig/Connect_PCIe_Cables_to_High_Power_Consumption_GPU_en.pdf

The new and modern will easly stop Intel from offering GPUs with 4x 8-pin power connectors. All too many will have the modern PSUs that don't support it. See etc this one.... You have zero 8 pins connectors after you connected the few 8-pins to powering up your Cpu/MB. Nice, with new and modern. You can't even power up your old or almost new graphics cards.

10433_11_asus-rog-loki-850w-sfx-platinum-atx-3-0-psu-review.jpg

ASUS ROG LOKI 850w SFX-L Platinum ATX 3.0 PSU Review

The LOKI SFX-L 850w ATX 3.0 PSU from ASUS ROG is a visual stunner that introduces aRGB lighting and individually sleeved cables to the SFX PSU market.

What a Joke. 99% bullshit.

image.png.92e30ca508737c28250cbcf203276913.png

• Thumb Up 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Although I don't have any first-hand experience with it, comments from owner's of the new Intel GPUs indicate they are seeing steady improvements as drivers and firmware mature. Not only is this something new for Intel that would naturally take time, money and effort to master, but they have fierce competition. AMD alone has their work cut out for them competing against NVIDIA, so think about what a steep uphill climb it is for Intel. Being the world's best CPU-maker means absolutely nothing in the GPU space. Reputation is nice but, at the end of the day, results are really the only thing that matters. Appropriately, and as it should be with all things, trying hard just isn't good enough and there are no trophies for participation. 

It's more than just reputation. They have their own fabs, unlike both AMD and Nvidia. They now have a MVP that sells and people seem to like in the 770 GPU. They have also done a good amount of R&D in that area, going back to Larrabee. They have been historically strong in scientific software, and I can actually see Intel GPU support becoming available there as well. They also have the fastest Linux distro. Last but not least they have a CEO that's not a total weirdo. 

What they need now is a competitvely priced 24GB+ model which punches at least somewhere between 3090 Ti and 4090.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Bump 1

-- Max Tegmark

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Driver maturation from August 2022 (when I picked up an Asrock Challenger A380) to January 2023 was pretty staggering in growth and depth. I ended up sending back my A770 as it started to fail but I still have my A380 as a, "how are they doing?" State of the drivers check.

If Intel can bring a GPU with 4080 level performance I would be very happy. That would be a nice portend of things to come next gen after with the 5000 series. I think AMD is also on the cusp of something great too next gen (but I'm always optimistic about AMD 🙂 ).

• Thumb Up 6

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

6 hours ago, Papusan said:

The new and modern will easly stop Intel from offering GPUs with 4x 8-pin power connectors. All too many will have the modern PSUs that don't support it. See etc this one.... You have zero 8 pins connectors after you connected the few 8-pins to powering up your Cpu/MB. Nice, with new and modern. You can't even power up your old or almost new graphics cards.

It's the same story, just a different scene. When the newer isn't better you just go back to using the older. Any recently produced ATX 2.0 PSU has the ports that are needed and I think there's no shortage of those power supplies.

There's also the element of manufacturing in accordance with need. If Intel releases a new high-end graphics card that sells well and uses 8-pin connectors, and AMD continues manufacturing graphics cards that use 8-pin connectors, the makers of power supplies will manufacture something that can sell because there is a demand for it. Right now we are seeing a PSU market reacting to a trend, simply being smart and following the money. If that changes tomorrow, they will change with it. They don't need to modify what they are making. All they need to do is use a different inexpensive piece of plastic at the GPU end of an array of electrical wires that doesn't care what connector form factor is attached.

In addition to that, many people that aren't married to the idea that they need a specific overpriced video card brand that uses a morphodite 12VHPWR connector that also requires that they retire a perfectly functional, possibly even a very expensive and still functional, power supply they will chose the option that makes the most practical and financial sense. If Battlemage provides performance that is similar to a 4080, then there will be two high-end alternatives, including 7900 XTX, that do not require spending money on a new PSU that works just as well as it did on the day it was purchased.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

It's the same story, just a different scene. When the newer isn't better you just go back to using the older. Any recently produced ATX 2.0 PSU has the ports that are needed and I think there's no shortage of those power supplies.

Yep, you get normally less old connectors and you get the tiny nvidia connector even on the PSU box side. Both is worse solutions than the old ATX 2.0. You get of course more 8pin connectors on the best high end ATX 3.0 PSUs but many of the so called mid end (now high end) 1000-1350W PSUs barely offer many of those good old solid connectors. 

Remember you only need 2x 8pin connectors to power the 12VHPWR connection on modern nvidia graphics cards if the PSU is of decent quality. Look at this mess below(same pict as in my older post). If you buy the new AMD AIC 7900XTX cards you can't even use the new and modern 1350W PSUs that cost an arm and a leg. You'll lack one power connector for the 6/8pin connector for the Asus MB. Red box for the GPUs and red cross for the CPU power. The rest is connectors for Sata etc. And those ain't meant to power PCIe 6pin.

5 CPU/PCIe connectors on new modern PSUs is a Joke. 

image.png.f7ee3dd60ed643dba6296ffcf1dc5309.png

4 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

including 7900 XTX, that do not require spending money on a new PSU that works just as well as it did on the day it was purchased.

You don't need any of the new modern ATX 3.0 PSUs as long nvidia don't require the PCIe 5 connector glued on the PSU shroud. Doesn't matter what GPU brand you go with. Best of both worlds 🙂

The Boat - GTX 980Ti

https://hwbot.org/submission/5286632_papusan_3dmark06_geforce_gtx_980_ti_87900_marks?recalculate=true

2931331.jpg

https://hwbot.org/submission/5286583_papusan_3dmark03_geforce_gtx_980_ti_328868_marks?recalculate=true

2931304.jpg

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

My best skydiver score, this card ticks along at 1080p while everyone else is doing 4k. haha

Screenshot-11.png

• Thumb Up 4

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 5/30/2023 at 11:49 PM, Papusan said:

Yep and newer doesn't always mean better. Newer often means cost cutting.

Most likely revamped dumbed down for possible price decrease when Nvidia find the right time. Make the card and cooler smaller is most likely to reduce the costs. Not for innovation. 

MSI Trims Down GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GPU tomshardware.com

The GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X SlimY 12G is essentially a cut-down version of the  GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio 12G. It features a slightly revamped shroud but sticks to MSI's Tri Frozr 3 cooling system. MSI told Tom's Hardware Deputy Managing Editor Paul Alcorn that an RTX 4090 and RTX 4080 will come later.

As the model name insinuates, the GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Slim 12G flaunts a more svelte profile than MSI's other GeForce RTX 4070 Ti graphics cards. That doesn't mean the graphics card is tiny enough to fit inside small form factor (SFF) systems, though. Again... Whats the point with this dumbed down design if many can't put it in their new modern tiny fancy toy boxes?

And not the first time Msi have dumbed down their 4070 Ti cards.... This is the Gaming X Trio's Slimy sibling... Despite the solid VRM design, MSI chose to limit the manual adjustment power limit to only 305 W, or +20 W. Maybe this was done to segment the card from the Suprim X, which goes up to 365 W.

Yep, the shrinkind trend continue. This time Gigabyte. Or shall we rather say cost cuttings to increase profits. I have my doubt this new change from Gigabyte will offer same cooling as the older model. Skinny and thinner design usually come at a costs. This trend have we seen from Apple. And this won't bring any benefits. Maybe for those with the mini PC boxes that will run even hotter now with graphics cards that is adopted for the box design. Making graphics cards that fits the smallest PC boxes will never be a good thing @Mr. Fox Is smaller better? Why not shrink it further and make it a real 2 slots design? Nvidia allows up to above 80C so that don't stop them from more stupid design solutions.

Gigabyte Shrinks Cooler, Relocates 16-Pin Connector on Revised RTX 4090

image.png.2080fbb8ca4e9d8d74a5c4d847d5ba34.png

Gigabyte (via Twitter user Vectral) has quietly revised the brand's GeForce RTX 4090 WindForce 24G graphics card. The V2 model features a more compact design, with the 16-pin power connector transplanted to the rear of the graphics card instead of the side placement.

Why use the space for more cooling? More metal and longer heat pipes will only increease costs.

image.png.c1c3a5d79ea5c3ebdb37284f5b48ab75.png

In short what Gigabut say... Less metal and shorter heat pipes don't make worse cooling capacity... Why not remove even more of the metal and use even shorther heatpipes? They can even save more $$$....

And modern VC cost more. So why spend more money than needed for the cooling? 

image.png.9fdae944e6f07eca58fbf5a9aff0f4ff.png

• Thumb Up 2

I think I’m gonna grab one of these. Anyone have one? This is the basic KFA2 Galax SG 4090. But it looks beautiful! And for $1,649.99 that’s really a nice GPU in stock 2 day shipping! 450 watt TGP, and 2580Mhz boost. Looks like it has some sort of vapor chamber cooler that will work alright considering. I may even just leave it on the stock air cooler and let me cpu and ram be waterchilled only. The chiller would certainly run a lot less lol. 

Yay nay? 

kImV2YH.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Galax-GeForce-1-Click-Feature-Graphics/dp/B0BWNFZJNZ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?hvadid=568647870446&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9010024&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=16276173527777476158&hvtargid=kwd-1429632458579&hydadcr=22535_11318315&keywords=geforce+rtx+4090&qid=1685727115&sr=8-1-spons&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.17f26c18-b61b-4ce9-8a28-de351f41cffb&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyNUVZMDlZVDVQS09HJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjExOTE4MVk4WDVZVzhHNVNIMCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTc5NjY4MVlCQ0JVQkIxWkwxUyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

• Thumb Up 4

13900KF

32 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

I think I’m gonna grab one of these. Anyone have one? This is the basic KFA2 Galax SG 4090. But it looks beautiful! And for $1,649.99 that’s really a nice GPU in stock 2 day shipping! 450 watt TGP, and 2580Mhz boost. Looks like it has some sort of vapor chamber cooler that will work alright considering. I may even just leave it on the stock air cooler and let me cpu and ram be waterchilled only. The chiller would certainly run a lot less lol. 

Yay nay? 

kImV2YH.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Galax-GeForce-1-Click-Feature-Graphics/dp/B0BWNFZJNZ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?hvadid=568647870446&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9010024&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=16276173527777476158&hvtargid=kwd-1429632458579&hydadcr=22535_11318315&keywords=geforce+rtx+4090&qid=1685727115&sr=8-1-spons&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.17f26c18-b61b-4ce9-8a28-de351f41cffb&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyNUVZMDlZVDVQS09HJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjExOTE4MVk4WDVZVzhHNVNIMCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTc5NjY4MVlCQ0JVQkIxWkwxUyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I have no idea, but here is an unboxing and review(ish) video:

I'm not sure of the block options or warranty in the US.

PCB wise it is middle of the pack at best:

image.thumb.png.f7ea9b00113a5d17bf6997e1dad81ad5.png

• Thumb Up 3

1 hour ago, tps3443 said:

Yay nay? 

kImV2YH.jpg

36 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

I have no idea, but here is an unboxing and review(ish) video:

I'm not sure of the block options or warranty in the US.

PCB wise it is middle of the pack at best:

image.thumb.png.f7ea9b00113a5d17bf6997e1dad81ad5.png

You should be able to get a 4090 Suprim for that price and it is the clearly best option in terms of power delivery/phase count, build and QC. The only better 4090 is the HOF like @Papusanhas. It does look fantastic, but that is almost exactly what I paid for my 4090 Suprim. As Brother @electrosoftmentioned, unknown on the warranty. Might be kind of sketchy for a US customer.

Are you feeling really lucky Brother @tps3443? Here is one for under $700 if it is not a scam. If I had an extra $700 to play around with I would absolutely take a chance on it. But, I don't right now. Only 6 more available.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805400355205.html

vskWvDI.png

• Thumb Up 2

Yeah I think a suprim or even a zotac amp 4090 amp are better. Zotac confirmed on reddit that all amp extreme airo are coming with binned chips.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ZOTAC/comments/13qqd97/is_an_amp_extreme_4090_aero_card_binned/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

2 minutes ago, cylix said:

Yeah I think a suprim or even a zotac amp 4090 amp are better. Zotac confirmed on reddit that all amp extreme airo are coming with binned chips.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ZOTAC/comments/13qqd97/is_an_amp_extreme_4090_aero_card_binned/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

Totally agree. In fact, AMP was on my shortlist if I couldn't get a Suprim. I was going to grab whichever one became available first for under $1700 before tax.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

6 minutes ago, cylix said:

I'll believe the "binned" claim when I see compiled data and what Zotac defines as, "binned." After testing two Liquid X 4090's with such a wide disparity (+700 max mem / 2720 out of box / 2940 max OC versus +1600 mem  / 2835 out of box / 3135 max OC) I'm very leary of silicon quality. I obviously kept the second one. 🙂

That is on stock BIOS and AIO cooler even for both.

Plus adding a water block voids your warranty on the Zotac which is a deal breaker for many.

• Thumb Up 4

2 hours ago, cylix said:

2 hours ago, electrosoft said:

I'll believe the "binned" claim when I see compiled data and what Zotac defines as, "binned."

Regarding binning... I think people get it wrong. They bin "out the worst chips" for the better models. They don't bin for the best chips. Thats a major difference. 

• Thumb Up 4
  • Thanks 1