NotebookTalk

All about Windows 11 news and announcements

Papusan

7 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Microsoft is highlighting their efforts to save energy and resources

This is proof all by itself they are (criminal liars and) brainwashed losers.

There are a number of things that come to mind, but using words like them is against forum rules, and I try to avoid using such vulgar speech. Let's just say they are a bag filled with feces that has no monetary value, and they are donkeys that are the opposite of smart, and did things with their mama that their daddy would not have approved of.

I think a thesis is particularly strong if people look at it from different perspectives and come to literally identical conclusions. 

Microsoft talking about saving energy (which is a concern on the basis of pollution produced alone) is a sad joke, given how much energy they spend on running their AI efforts. Also, one could argue that people are important resources, and working very hard on construction of artificial super-species is hardly conducive to saving us...

• Thumb Up 2

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

• 2 weeks later...
  • Haha 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

The Windows 11 debloater app BloatyNosy had issues with Microsoft Store policies, which had been seemingly resolved once. However, Microsoft has once again banned the app from its Store. 

image.png.37528a8cb07adc347bcba03808ff3de4.png

If you wanted to download this third-party utility in case you aren't happy with the "bloatware" on your OS, the app can still be downloaded from GitHub. Do keep in mind though that this is an unofficial tool.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Sad 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Bug in Windows 11 causes it for SATA drives and Microsoft want you to upgrade bios. Nice. 1th April is gone and we are now in end of May @Mr. Fox @Ashtrix

Bug in Windows 11 causes it for SATA drives

Bug in Windows 11 causes it for SATA drives sweclockers.com

Affected users are asked to update the BIOS or follow further instructions from Microsoft.

The bug has also appeared in Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.

• Thumb Up 3

Copilot coming to Edge, Windows 11

Microsoft is bringing some of its Copilot features (which are currently in a private preview in MIcrosoft 365) to the Edge browser.

Microsoft 365 Copilot already uses large language models to answer requests from Microsoft 365 apps such as Excel, Word, Teams, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Now, the Copilot will also work with Edge, so people will be able to use the AI in conjunction with their web browser. Perhaps they'll get a PDF that opens in the browser, and users can ask Edge to summarize it.

Microsoft Build 2023 Puts AI in Everything, Adds Dev Mode for Windows 11

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-build-2023-ai-windows-dev-home-plugins-copilot

• Thumb Up 2

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

On 5/23/2023 at 8:48 PM, cylix said:

Microsoft Build 2023 Puts AI in Everything, Adds Dev Mode for Windows 11

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-build-2023-ai-windows-dev-home-plugins-copilot

Basically all the data involved in AI's operation will be sent to Microsoft, "responsibly" of course *wink wink*

(*) The US has close to zero legal protection for personal data

• Like 2

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

Even AI can't save or change Microsoft. They feed the data with stupidity.

110529?l=eyJyZXNvdXJjZSI6IlwvYXJ0aWtlbFwvYmlsZFwvMTEwNTI5IiwiZmlsdGVycyI6WyJhPTE2OjkiLCJ0PXBhbmVCYW5uZXIiXSwicGFyYW1zIjp7ImNhY2hlQnVzdGVyIjoiMjAyMTA1MDEifSwia2V5IjoiYmFmMTlhNzRiZDkzMzFlYWU2YzI3Y2I2ODhmZGIzMjQifQ%3D%3D

Windows update installs old AMD drivers

The latest Windows 11 update is giving a lot of users with AMD graphics cards a real headache

• Thumb Up 3
  • Sad 1

Unwarranted change purely for the sake of change is always stupid and the outcome almost always sucks. The downgraded Winduhz 11 screen snipping tool is just one example of an unnecessary change that sucks. Do you want the old Window 7/10 screen snip tool back? You know, the one that is simple, elegant and just works correctly 100% of the time instead of the idiotic "Snip & Sketch" bloated UWP piece of trash that often doesn't?

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-restore-old-snipping-tool-in-windows-11

If you do not have a computer with Windows 10 to copy the files from, you can download mine. Old_Snip.7z

You may need to take ownership of the folder to manually copy the .mui file to  C:\Windows\System32\en-US

Order has been restored...

Unwarranted-Change.jpg

• Thumb Up 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

4 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Do you want the old Window 7/10 screen snip tool that is simple, elegant and just works correctly instead of the idiotic "Snip & Sketch" UWP piece of garbage that often doesn't?

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-restore-old-snipping-tool-in-windows-11

If you do not have a computer with Windows 10 to copy the files from, you can download mine. Old_Snip.7z

You may need to take ownership of the folder to manually copy the .mui file to  C:\Windows\System32\en-US

I not only had to take ownership of the en-US folder but also had to edit the permissions to allow full access in order to copy that file. I set them back when finished and now it works perfectly.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Desktop: Ryzen 5 5600X3D | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 4070 Super | 4 TB SSD | Windows 11

MacBook Pro 14: M1 Max 10-core CPU | 64 GB RAM | 32-core GPU | 2 TB SSD | macOS

Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Gaming: Ryzen 7 6800H | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3050 | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Pro: Ryzen 5 5600U | 16 GB RAM | Radeon Graphics | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

6 hours ago, saturnotaku said:

I not only had to take ownership of the en-US folder but also had to edit the permissions to allow full access in order to copy that file. I set them back when finished and now it works perfectly.

Awesome. Glad to hear it worked well. I run only modded versions of Windows with full admin rights and UAC disabled, so that might be why your permissions were more restrictive. 

Have a nice weekend.

On 6/1/2023 at 2:36 PM, Papusan said:

110529?l=eyJyZXNvdXJjZSI6IlwvYXJ0aWtlbFwvYmlsZFwvMTEwNTI5IiwiZmlsdGVycyI6WyJhPTE2OjkiLCJ0PXBhbmVCYW5uZXIiXSwicGFyYW1zIjp7ImNhY2hlQnVzdGVyIjoiMjAyMTA1MDEifSwia2V5IjoiYmFmMTlhNzRiZDkzMzFlYWU2YzI3Y2I2ODhmZGIzMjQifQ%3D%3D

The latest Windows 11 update is giving a lot of users with AMD graphics cards a real headache

Well, here's the deal. If AMD AI/software is smart enough to know Winduhz Update did something really stupid, Micro$lop's AI/software should be smart enough to identify what it would normally do is a stupid idea (like replace a newer driver that was already installed with an older driver). The problem is the people writing the software and programming AI are not smart enough to know the difference between a good idea and a stupid idea, or they just don't care how it turns out for the poor sucker that is having Windoze Update projectile vomiting on his OS.

• Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

On 6/1/2023 at 5:36 PM, Papusan said:

It happens in Windows 10 too even with disabling driver updates. The work around i used is to rollback to the previous AMD drivers which will reinstall the newer drivers you've installed and after that it wont do it again.

• Thumb Up 2

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

On 6/2/2023 at 3:06 AM, Papusan said:

Faced the same issue. Had to install the older **newer driver in fact** by running AMD Pro GPU setup utility.

• Thumb Up 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2023 at 6:22 PM, Vasudev said:

Faced the same issue. Had to install the older **newer driver in fact** by running AMD Pro GPU setup utility.

Microsoft destroy everything they touch. Nothing is holy. 

If you use Windows 11, how's your SSD doing? Ever since March of this year, users have been complaining of drastically reduced write performance on solid-state drives due to Windows updates, and the issue has gotten progressively worse. If you've felt like your system is slowing down over time this year, this could be... 

No, these aren't the same storage speed issues we saw back in 2021, nor the network transfer speed bug that came up early this year. This issue also doesn't appear to be the same one Microsoft addressed last year. This is a different and more pernicious problem that seems to be harder to nail down, because nobody has been able to offer a concrete explanation for it—or a real fix.
  • Thumb Up 1
  • Sad 2

On 10/22/2022 at 11:39 AM, Papusan said:

Microsoft's next goal is to squeeze out Ccleaner out from the market. Ccleaner's parents company Avast is already affected by Microsoft's security suite baked into their OS. They eat their own cooperation partner one by one. This just mean we will see even more bloat comong from Ccleaner and in Avast AV suite. 

Microsoft is working on its own CCleaner-like PC optimizer for Windows 11

Windowslatest.com - October 21, 2022

Windows isn’t really great at handling software as it wouldn’t automatically clean your registry entries and folders for all apps. The remaining files of uninstalled apps are all over your system, and it’s believed that the end result could be a slower PC. As a result, PC optimizer apps like CCleaner are popular among users.

If PCs tend to feel clogged up and sluggish, users download and install PC Optimizer, Registry optimizer or cleaner apps. It’s not surprising, though. It is widely believed that speeding up a system is cleaning it thoroughly and removing the leftovers of past programs.

There are several tools for speeding up a cluttered PC, but it looks like Microsoft is planning to join the train too. Over the past several years, Microsoft has been trying to make Windows faster and native apps smaller in size by pushing updates through the Microsoft Store instead of bundling everything with the OS itself.

speaking of CCleaner, check out this article from Softpedia News - CCleaner Review: Is It Still Relevant for the Latest Operating Systems?

• Thumb Up 1

i am testing W11.  but faced problems

how does ram is managed on W11.?

i have 32GB and when i clean install  it caches all memory while installing all programs and games to the point that it hangs. i have seen taking almost all the memory to cache.. then hangs  then i must turn off by power button. seems it doesnt release memory. by he way am in an unsupported pc.

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

On 7/10/2023 at 8:38 AM, raptorddd said:

i have 32GB and when i clean install  it caches all memory while installing all programs and games to the point that it hangs. i have seen taking almost all the memory to cache.. then hangs  then i must turn off by power button. seems it doesnt release memory. by he way am in an unsupported pc.

I haven't seen that issue before. Are you trying to use the latest but not greatest version of the turd OS? Maybe try an older version in the 21H2 family. 22H2 is poo-poo-caca.

With all of the things the Redmond Reprobates are effing up left and right, once in a while there is a small glimmer of intelligence that emanates from the posterior orifice where there brains are stored. But, in order to be entitled in harshness, one has to give credit when credit is due. Otherwise, you will just be mistaken for someone that enjoys complaining.

Here is something they just did that I really like. The Windows Mail app, which I haven't liked since they changed it from Outlook Express to Mail, has been revamped. Outlook PRE is what they call it, and it is very similar to the current version of Outlook (which is the only email app that I actually like). If you configure the Mail app and see the slider in the upper right corner to "Try Outlook" (or something similar) turn it on. Be happy. They actually did something good for the first time ina very long time. But, don't hold your breath or let them know you like it or they'll screw it up, too.

2023-07-11-19-02-19-Greenshot.jpg

@Papusan

• Thumb Up 3

On 7/10/2023 at 5:38 PM, raptorddd said:

Never seen this. But Win 11 is a hit or miss. What worked yesterday may not work tomorrow. Spare your calories and rather install Win 10 and forget Win 11 until Win 10 is EOL. There is nothing to gain with Win 11. Just more bugs because Win 11 is what Microsoft care about right now.

• Thumb Up 1

16 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I haven't seen that issue before. Are you trying to use the latest but not greatest version of the turd OS? Maybe try an older version in the 21H2 family. 22H2 is poo-poo-caca.

With all of the things the Redmond Reprobates are effing up left and right, once in a while there is a small glimmer of intelligence that emanates from the posterior orifice where there brains are stored. But, in order to be entitled in harshness, one has to give credit when credit is due. Otherwise, you will just be mistaken for someone that enjoys complaining.

Here is something they just did that I really like. The Windows Mail app, which I haven't liked since they changed it from Outlook Express to Mail, has been revamped. Outlook PRE is what they call it, and it is very similar to the current version of Outlook (which is the only email app that I actually like). If you configure the Mail app and see the slider in the upper right corner to "Try Outlook" (or something similar) turn it on. Be happy. They actually did something good for the first time ina very long time. But, don't hold your breath or let them know you like it or they'll screw it up, too.

2023-07-11-19-02-19-Greenshot.jpg

@Papusan

yes am using the latest ISO that was created a few months back with V2 on it.

ill try to explain a bit more.. at idle max caache is around 1-GB. 

when i unzip a 1.5 zip file it fills up. if i install that zip. then again it fills up.  

at idle say 1.3GB i unzip a 1.5 gb file and install a 2.0 gb game after that its around 15GB. if i keep unzipping and installing it just stops hangs. at times i can open task manager and see memory at times task wont even open..

i have had to clean install like 3-4 times. samething happens.

i do wish to say that i do not like to run windows stock.. so am using some tweaks... am just trying to squeeze all the power i can out of my PC from windows.. i go aggressive on tweaks they work on win 10..

i was fed up.. had it all set up and then had to clean install again..

right now  idle is 3.3GB.  i also face some  parts of the screen not clickcable. at times.

sometimes small hangs... and the worst is when i have to force to turn off. next boot 

WE CANT SIGN YOU TO YOUR ACCOUNT......... 

i dont know if its because of the tweaks or because the CPU is not supported.

am starting to beleive its something i do that w11 doesnt like it. but works fine on w10..

14 hours ago, Papusan said:

Never seen this. But Win 11 is a hit or miss. What worked yesterday may not work tomorrow. Spare your calories and rather install Win 10 and forget Win 11 until Win 10 is EOL. There is nothing to gain with Win 11. Just more bugs because Win 11 is what Microsoft care about right now.

am starting to like w11. and would like to be on it.. i find it  it runs faster.. well at operation and computing it does... but on opening apps it takes longer.. than w10.

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

12 minutes ago, raptorddd said:

yes am using the latest ISO that was created a few months back with V2 on it.

ill try to explain a bit more.. at idle max caache is around 1-GB. 

when i unzip a 1.5 zip file it fills up. if i install that zip. then again it fills up.  

at idle say 1.3GB i unzip a 1.5 gb file and install a 2.0 gb game after that its around 15GB. if i keep unzipping and installing it just stops hangs. at times i can open task manager and see memory at times task wont even open..

i have had to clean install like 3-4 times. samething happens.

i do wish to say that i do not like to run windows stock.. so am using some tweaks... am just trying to squeeze all the power i can out of my PC from windows.. i go aggressive on tweaks they work on win 10..

i was fed up.. had it all set up and then had to clean install again..

right now  idle is 3.3GB.  i also face some  parts of the screen not clickcable. at times.

sometimes small hangs... and the worst is when i have to force to turn off. next boot 

WE CANT SIGN YOU TO YOUR ACCOUNT......... 

i dont know if its because of the tweaks or because the CPU is not supported.

am starting to beleive its something i do that w11 doesnt like it. but works fine on w10..

am starting to like w11. and would like to be on it.. i find it  it runs faster.. well at operation and computing it does... but on opening apps it takes longer.. than w10.

You could install ISLC from wagnard which can remove standby RAM on schedule when there's no free memory.

That's the idle RAM amount I've seen on W11 22H2 or whatever. W10 used to do 2GB.

@Mr. Fox Just installed 3rd party optimized Amernime driver   which enable Media Foundations, Noise Suppression and Windows Studio effects on Vega 8 Thinkpad. I opted to go Enterprise Skin rather than stock skin for Radeon since the laptop is used for somewhat ML/DL using MSFT's DirectML.

Studio Effects was maintaining Eye Contact, blur background image segmentation was much better as it was able to figure out correct spaces between my fingers.

Even enabled Record and Stream option which is absent on mobility drivers.

Driver version is older but it performs much better and you don't get WHQL warnings.

• Thumb Up 2

1 hour ago, Vasudev said:

@Mr. Fox Just installed 3rd party optimized Amernime driver   which enable Media Foundations, Noise Suppression and Windows Studio effects on Vega 8 Thinkpad. I opted to go Enterprise Skin rather than stock skin for Radeon since the laptop is used for somewhat ML/DL using MSFT's DirectML.

Studio Effects was maintaining Eye Contact, blur background image segmentation was much better as it was able to figure out correct spaces between my fingers.

Driver version is older but it performs much better and you don't get WHQL warnings.

Thanks. I will have to check that out when I have a working system to run the 6900 XT that I got from @Rage Set. I am waiting for be quiet! to send the Dark Base Pro 901 case for review, so the guts from my second desktop are all in a big box waiting for the case to ship. I have heard good things about the Amernime drivers.

18 hours ago, Vasudev said:

You could install ISLC from wagnard which can remove standby RAM on schedule when there's no free memory.

That's the idle RAM amount I've seen on W11 22H2 or whatever. W10 used to do 2GB.

thanks .. i knew  there was programs to free ram at a percentage set. but wanted to avoid that..  

this only happens when i am unzipping and installing several programs consecutively. 

now normal use its fine..

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

for some reasom now am using the MCT .esd ISO only problem a face is some part or some shorcuts or files not accesible at parts of the screen.. and this time installing only hanged once.. all the other -56 times i was using .wim wich is the same thing just less compress.

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

On 7/13/2023 at 7:59 PM, raptorddd said:

thanks .. i knew  there was programs to free ram at a percentage set. but wanted to avoid that..  

this only happens when i am unzipping and installing several programs consecutively. 

now normal use its fine..

You can stop Superfetch Service to stop cached RAM issue.

• Thumb Up 1

10 hours ago, Vasudev said:

You can stop Superfetch Service to stop cached RAM issue.

but i did a test. before reinstalling windows 11 i did the same on windows 10 and cache also reach those numbers. and i was confused as cache is not in ram or is it.? isnt cache on the SSD.? because i see 28GB free out of 32 and in use around 1.8

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2