NotebookTalk

What game are you playing now?

cucubits

• Reciever changed the title to What game are you playing now?

Nothing right now, but last game I played was Valheim a few months back. That thing "ate" almost all my free time back then 🤣. Pretty nice game, especially with friends.

• Like 1

GitHub

Currently and formerly owned laptops (specs below):

Serenity                    -> Dell Precision 5560
N-1                             -> Dell Precision 5560 (my lady's)

Razor Crest              -> Lenovo ThinkPad P16 (work)
Millenium Falcon    -> Dell Precision 5530 (work)
Axiom                        -> Lenovo ThinkPad P52 (work)
Moldy Crow             -> Dell XPS 15 9550

Spoiler

Senenity / N-1: Dell Precision 5560
    i7-11800H CPU
    1x32 GB DDR4 2,666 MHz
    512 GB SSD
    NVIDIA T1200
    FHD+ 1920x1200
    PopOS 22.04

Millenium Falcon: Dell Precision 5530
    i9-8950HK CPU
    2x16 GB DDR4 2,666 MHz
    1 TB SSD
    NVIDIA Quadro P2000
    UHD 3840x2160
    Ubuntu 22.04 / Windows 10 LTSC

Mostly Call Of Duty Warzone, Vanguard or BlackOps Cold War

{Main System:} The Beast

Spoiler

{Cooling:} Corsair H170i Elite

{Mainboard:} Asrock X670E Pro

{CPU/GPU:} AMD Ryzen R9 7900x3D / AMD RX 7900 XTX (Asrock Phantom)

{RAM/Storage:} 2x 16GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance 6400MT/s , 13TB WDD SN850X 2x4TB, 2x 2TB, 1x 1TB

{PSU/Case:} Corsair RM 1000x V2, Corsair 7000D Airflow (Black)

{OS:} Windows 11 Pro

Realtek Nahimic 3 Modded Driver for MSI Systems:Latest

3 hours ago, serpro69 said:

Nothing right now, but last game I played was Valheim a few months back. That thing "ate" almost all my free time back then 🤣. Pretty nice game, especially with friends.

I did just install Valheim too, looking forward to spend some time in it but I head solo it's quite a challenge.

3 hours ago, solidus1983 said:

Mostly Call Of Duty Warzone, Vanguard or BlackOps Cold War

Have you tried Super People? I've been playing a lot of Warzone but when I found SP, I never looked back. So much fun.

• Like 1

Hey guys just signed up and this was usually what I hung around the most on nbr besides the OS section. Well the same that I have over in the other replacement site: rfactor 1, simple, small, looks just fine to me, the base game is like 1.6gb install but I have 30gb of mods, F1/indycar car packs and trackpacks along with fantasy tracks.

• Like 3

Apex and Guild Wars 2. Waiting for the new GW2 expansion.

• Like 1

CLEVO PT870TM1-G || i7 8700K || 32 GB 2400MHz || Nvidia GTX 1080 x 2 || 1440p @120Hz
HP ZBOOK 17 G3 || Xeon E3-1535M v5 || 16 GB 2400MHz || Nvidia Quadro GTX M5000M || 1080p @60Hz
DELL PRECISION M6400 || C2Q QX9300 || Nvidia Quadro FX3700M || 1200p @60Hz || RETIRED

LG 27UK850-W || 2160p @60Hz || AMD Freesync
OC.net profile (luisxd)

Heatware profile (luisxd)

+1 for guild wars 2, also been playing some black desert and various steam games. Been wanting to revisit Shenmue but havent gotten around to it

• Like 1

Alienware M18X R2 | Nebula Red | i7 3740QM [OC'd to 4Ghz] | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA Quadro P4000 | 75hz OC'd Display |

MXM to NVMe Adapter with Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB

Alienware 17 R4 | i7 6700HQ | 16GB RAM | GTX 1070 | 100hz OC'd LG 1080p Display

Alienware M18X R1 | Space Black | i7 2960XM | 16GB RAM | GTX 780M

9 minutes ago, GrandesBollas said:

Just finished Deathloop.  Starting Tomb Raider.

How did you like Deathloop? I played it for a few hours but for some reason I stopped. Not that I didn't like it, I played the first missions a few times but while interesting, it felt repetitive...

6 hours ago, serpro69 said:

I LOVED Valheim, I played that game in 2021 for probably 3 days straight while in isolation. I just recently did another play-through but modded the server. Definitely recommend!

1 hour ago, luisxd said:

Apex and Guild Wars 2. Waiting for the new GW2 expansion.

How is GW2 now? I played that religiously when it came out, running a PvE guild of 500 (mostly fodder) and a PvP guild with around 100. But I burnt out pretty quick once they introduced the first living world and work started taking over. A couple of my old gaming buddies started up a New World company but I couldn't get into it though, not enough polish to the game yet.

I've been fairly busy lately but in my spare time I'm gaming on some Anno 1800, with the occasional Deep Rock Galactic.

51 minutes ago, cucubits said:

How did you like Deathloop? I played it for a few hours but for some reason I stopped. Not that I didn't like it, I played the first missions a few times but while interesting, it felt repetitive...

It took a long time to get used to the game mechanic.  I kept resetting Colt's character after every untimely death.  Eventually, I figured out the routine.  The game is consistent at the different times of the day.  Learn what works and do something differently later.  I had a couple of hard crashes that translated into an entirely new loop.  Worst came at the end when I was trying to finish the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hiew said:

How is GW2 now? I played that religiously when it came out, running a PvE guild of 500 (mostly fodder) and a PvP guild with around 100. But I burnt out pretty quick once they introduced the first living world and work started taking over. A couple of my old gaming buddies started up a New World company but I couldn't get into it though, not enough polish to the game yet.

It's great, first two expansions, Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire, were amazing. They also added mounts and some new modes that weren't on the game when it was first launched. You should check it out.

CLEVO PT870TM1-G || i7 8700K || 32 GB 2400MHz || Nvidia GTX 1080 x 2 || 1440p @120Hz
HP ZBOOK 17 G3 || Xeon E3-1535M v5 || 16 GB 2400MHz || Nvidia Quadro GTX M5000M || 1080p @60Hz
DELL PRECISION M6400 || C2Q QX9300 || Nvidia Quadro FX3700M || 1200p @60Hz || RETIRED

LG 27UK850-W || 2160p @60Hz || AMD Freesync
OC.net profile (luisxd)

Heatware profile (luisxd)

Call of Duty 2 sometimes (PC or XBOX)

Mario Party Superstars

Pokemon Shining Pearl (gotta beat it before Arceus) 

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (rarely)

Battlefield 2042

Alienware m18             : Intel Core i9 13900HX                  | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090    | K1675 | 2x1TB SSDs 

Alienware Area-51M : Intel Core i9-9900K @ 5.3Ghz    | nVidia GeForce RTX 2080    | AX210 | Samsung 970 Evo+ 
Alienware M18x R2 :    Intel Core i7 3920XM @ 4.7Ghz | nVidia Quadro RTX 3000     | AX210 | Samsung 980 PRO   
Clevo X170SM-G:         Intel Core i7 10700K @ Stock     | nVidia GeForce RTX 2070S | AX210 | 256GB+2x512GB 

More Laps: M14x (555m) | M14xR2 (650m) | M15x (980m) | M17xR3 (880m) | M18xR1 (880m SLI) | 18 R1 (RTX 3000)

DT: Aurora R4 (i9 10980XE/RTX 4070) | Area-51 R2 (22-Core Xeon/2x Titan V) | SR-2 [2x6-Core/3x980Ti] | Mac Studio

CS Studios YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/CSStudiosYT 

4 hours ago, Hiew said:

I LOVED Valheim, I played that game in 2021 for probably 3 days straight while in isolation. I just recently did another play-through but modded the server. Definitely recommend!

Stopped playing "heavily" right before H&H update got out. For now just waiting for more content to be added to the game and trying to get more people from work to join when we resume again.
I also played with a bunch of mods, and some of them are pretty sweet and even give you stuff to do in the last 3 biomes (Mistlands, Ashlands and Deep North). The only problem with mods - it's much harder to convince others to install them and join a modded server :classic_biggrin:

Maybe we should start an "NBR server" some day :classic_cool: I'm pretty sure most people who ever played Valheim for more than a few hours - loved it and wouldn't mind to play more :)

7 hours ago, cucubits said:

I did just install Valheim too, looking forward to spend some time in it but I head solo it's quite a challenge.

It's definitely a challenge on the first run. But it's also quite fun while you're learning what the game can throw at you. Once you learn the "tricks" it becomes easier. The one thing I really like about this game (and a lot of other people hate) is the steep difficulty change from one biome to the next - you kind of always get a challenge as you progress, which I personally think is nice.

My second solo-run it actually seemed too simple for me so I increased the difficulty considerably through mods.

GitHub

Currently and formerly owned laptops (specs below):

Serenity                    -> Dell Precision 5560
N-1                             -> Dell Precision 5560 (my lady's)

Razor Crest              -> Lenovo ThinkPad P16 (work)
Millenium Falcon    -> Dell Precision 5530 (work)
Axiom                        -> Lenovo ThinkPad P52 (work)
Moldy Crow             -> Dell XPS 15 9550

Spoiler

Senenity / N-1: Dell Precision 5560
    i7-11800H CPU
    1x32 GB DDR4 2,666 MHz
    512 GB SSD
    NVIDIA T1200
    FHD+ 1920x1200
    PopOS 22.04

Millenium Falcon: Dell Precision 5530
    i9-8950HK CPU
    2x16 GB DDR4 2,666 MHz
    1 TB SSD
    NVIDIA Quadro P2000
    UHD 3840x2160
    Ubuntu 22.04 / Windows 10 LTSC

13 hours ago, cucubits said:

Have you tried Super People? I've been playing a lot of Warzone but when I found SP, I never looked back. So much fun.

No i haven't, didn't even know it existed, however i play with a tight knit group of people so i would have to suggest it to them as well.

I am normally a Battlefield Fan boy (Got the Discs got the Pre-Order each game badge) as i have the whole collection apart from 2042 which after the BFV mess ment i didn't get 2042 and was so glad i didn't.

12 hours ago, luisxd said:

Guild Wars 2. Waiting for the new GW2 expansion.

As an owner of the Original Guild Wars and its expansions as well as Guild Wars 2 i have to really find time to get back to that game, I can't remember the last time i even loaded the game up. Best do so don't want to loose my account.

Spoiler

{RAM/Storage:} 2x 16GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance 6400MT/s , 13TB WDD SN850X 2x4TB, 2x 2TB, 1x 1TB

2 minutes ago, ccvortex said:

Minecraft  😁

Which version, Windows Store or Java?

Spoiler

1 hour ago, HWI said:

Been playing a lot of New World lately. The player base numbers really took a dump after the first couple weeks, but I still find it fun, good combat mechanics and PvP imo.

I've never heard of this one but looking at a quick gameplay video now, it looks very cool. Almost gives me Gothic vibes. Do tell more, is it relying on PvP? As in, is there anything to do if the player base is too low? Is there PvE as well? Solo quests?

In the mean time I've finally got around to install Wolcen. Been wanting to try it out for a long time now. I didn't raise my expectations too high but I have to say it's a lot of fun. Fired it up last night and I just didn't want to stop. The skills and that huge upgrade wheel-tree thing are a bit overwhelming but I'm slowly pouring points in a ranged character for now.

19 hours ago, TR2N said:

Good to be on the other side.

Currently playing Ghost Recon Wildlands

spacer.png

I enjoyed playing the Multiplayer portion of Wildlands, I found it really fun but the game I guess never took so it faded when I was playing it more often.

2 hours ago, HWI said:

Been playing a lot of New World lately. The player base numbers really took a dump after the first couple weeks, but I still find it fun, good combat mechanics and PvP imo.

The other half of our group seems to be playing New World as well on Discord of around 25-30 people? Its not a game I play but if you are interested in mingling with them I dont think it an issue to facilitate that.

It's a new one called, "back up knowledge from NotebookReview."  You can restart if you fail, but you only have a set amount of real-life time from the start of the game until it's over.  So not really permadeath like survival games, but with that interesting time-based twist.

Prior to that, I'm a strategy gamer, so I play a lot of Paradox games.  But most recently, Civilization III.  It still has a community around it that organizes games that everyone plays in single player each quarter and then compares how it went for them.  I'm far from one of the best, but it's still fun seeing how it winds up.

I'm eagerly awaiting Old World arriving on Steam and/or GOG, probably in Q2.

• Haha 1

Desktop: Core i5 2500k "Sandy Bridge" | RX 480 | 32 GB DDR3 | 1 TB 850 Evo + 512 GB NVME + HDDs | Seasonic 650W | Noctua Fans | 8.1 Pro

Laptop: MSI Alpha 15 | Ryzen 5800H | Radeon 6600M | 64 GB DDR4 | 4 TB TLC SSD | 10 Home

Laptop history: MSI GL63 (2018) | HP EliteBook 8740w (acq. 2014) | Dell Inspiron 1520 (2007)