NotebookTalk

What game are you playing now?

cucubits

Vampire Survivors

Spent a couple hours on this today. It's unexpectedly good, simple and draws you in to play again and again. The player only controls movement (wasd), nothing else. There's auto fire and it's all in the abilities and perks you find and level up. Bob and weave through increasing hoards of enemies.

image.png.59ea4518643073dc51db59cd5d2bd6a9.png

• Thumb Up 1

I havent been gaming much lately but i finally finished Rise of the Tomb Raider and i might start Shadow next.

But now i started playing Mafia: Definitive Edition. Awesome game so far and i wish i played the original game when i was a kid. Also Rockstar should of taken notes of how to create a real Definitive Edition!.

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

10 minutes ago, KING19 said:

I havent been gaming much lately but i finally finished Rise of the Tomb Raider and i might start Shadow next.

But now i started playing Mafia: Definitive Edition. Awesome game so far and i wish i played the original game when i was a kid. Also Rockstar should of taken notes of how to create a real Definitive Edition!.

Mafia DE is great! Mafia 2 is also good, but my favorite is Mafia 3 even with all the bugs, Ioved New Bordaeux as fictional city.

I have on standby Dragon Age Inquisition, it's... not good, cannot recommend it to someone else in good conscience. it's a chore and a grindfest even with QOL mods. I think the last time I played it was a week ago and I really don't feel like continuing after 45+ hours in.

• Thumb Up 1

The patches really help with God Of War especially the sharpening which makes it look a lot better for me. It's a cpu heavy game and I wish we could get full screen exclusive mode so I can use DSR for higher resolutions to push it onto the GPU more, at 1080p it's in the +-90% cpu usage and usually around 45% gpu usage, also I get drops down to 45fps low but it's usually at 60 but not really locked plenty of stutter all over thus cpu problem. Even though the memory leak crash is gone it's still in the 7+gb system ram and around 4.5gb vram usage all the time really bad.

Still on a Payday 2 spree until either I get bored of it again or Payday 3 releases.

Apple M2 MBA 13 (Cayna) - 8/10 SoC, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Dell Inspiron 7577 (Mayu) - i7-7700HQ, GTX 1060MQ, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB NVMe + 1TB HDD, 1080p, Win10 Home
DIY Desktop (Altair) - i7-8700K, Radeon 6600 8GB, 32GB DDR4-3200, 256GB NVMe + 256GB SSD + 8TB HDD, 1080p x3, Win11 Home
DIY Server (Mobius) - i5-6600K, 32GB DDR4, 28TB array, Samsung EVO 860 500GB cache, unRAID 6.11.5 Pro
Other machines: Lenovo Thinkpad W520 (Strigon), Thinkpad X61t (Aquila)
RIP NBR

Am I the only one playing Dying Light 2?

Even with all the downsides mentioned in the dedicated thread, I'm still having a blast with it and do not regret picking it up on day 1 at all.

I am 25 hours in at the moment and I have just left the first area of the map. Fun to explore and find random side stuff but the main story is interesting too. Also, drop kicking everything that looks at you funny is very satisfying... and saves weapon durability, lol

Still playing AC:Odyssey... I finished all three phases/acts whatever of "Atlantis" .. thought I was done.. noticed there was a "Vacation" quest and now I'm on a whole new island again.. And Valhalla is BIGGER? wow... My gaming for the next 12 months is planned out as I'm tackling Valhalla next..

• Like 1

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

[Sleipnir] MacBook Pro 16 | M1 Max | 32GB | 1TB

[Munnin] LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD | Fedora 38

Proposal to maybe create a "Gaming" section where this thread can exist as well as other gaming/software related threads. I think I remember a section for Gaming existed in NBR and it was easier to find than just hanging out in General.

Nevermind I just noticed this is in a section called "Gaming Floor" I didn't notice on the main page. Probably that the topic headings are the same weight and color as the rest, but yeah my fault.  😕

• Like 1

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

[Sleipnir] MacBook Pro 16 | M1 Max | 32GB | 1TB

[Munnin] LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD | Fedora 38

Forgot to mention, I tried my hands on Frostpunk. Kept hearing good things about it from friends and while I do like the atmosphere, graphics and music, it's just not my type of game. On my first run I couldn't even get the generator started. Then I got that but still people kept dying 🙂

2 hours ago, cucubits said:

Forgot to mention, I tried my hands on Frostpunk. Kept hearing good things about it from friends and while I do like the atmosphere, graphics and music, it's just not my type of game. On my first run I couldn't even get the generator started. Then I got that but still people kept dying 🙂

Tried it for about 30 minutes, I felt that I was herding cats.

I know alot of you are tired of this game but I dont know if I ever will be but crysis 3. Im dabbling in infinite and witcher 3 but mainly boot up crysis 3

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 2/16/2022 at 3:04 PM, ryan said:

I know alot of you are tired of this game but I dont know if I ever will be but crysis 3. Im dabbling in infinite and witcher 3 but mainly boot up crysis 3

Crysis 3 is a great game but a bit short. I was dabbling in Nobody Saves the World since I liked the devs previous games art style(guacamelee) kind of got stuck though and haven't been back.

• Like 1

just downloaded crysis remastered, holy smokes do they update this game everyday or something. New special FX and textures with better overall performance

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

My best friend and I have been playing a lot of mechwarrior 5, right now we’re replaying the campaign using the first four hero mechs we could find in a previous campaign and have a house rule where we can only purchase and use hero mechs. Made a three year old game fun. We also picked up far cry 5 as it was on sale for $12. 

really challenging our Adler lake builds by playing four year old games on them 😆

• Thumb Up 2

Quake 1 + Arcane Dimensions using Quakespasm-spiked sourceport. Turns out that you can also play the original campaign included in AD (besides a LOT of new maps/dimensions to enter at the hub of AD) with a new difficulty setting called 'Chaos 666' that randomizes the enemies while also taking advantage of the new content: weapons, powerups, upgrades, a lot of new enemies. It's like playing Q1 for the first time 😄😄 😄 

Trying to play Generation Zero...but Im having a lot of game crashes :classic_sad:

• Bump 1

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

RainBird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx860m win10LTSC

13 hours ago, Dream said:

Elden Ring, but I need to update stuff.

It's the reason why I even found out NBR was no more.

image.thumb.png.b485e19624c44a53086c52868f1367ff.png

Just installed the latest drivers with NVcleaninstall (my 3070 is not original to my machine).

• Thanks 1

Sager NP9877

Hybrid Watercooled setup, D5 pump with dual 140MM fans integrated into custom stand. All controlled via temp outputs from GPU and CPU.

17.3" 1440p 120Hz display + 32" 4k MSI IPS 160Hz display

9900KS @ 4.8Ghz (47x102Mhz) All core, delid with rockit IHS, liquid metal

RTX 3070 @ 180W shunt mod, liquid metal

32GB (16x2 dual rank) 3280Mhz DDR4 CL16

1TB SM961 SSD

2TB SN770 SSD

Dual 330W PSU 

Yeah Elden Ring, so far I have not had any of the major reported problems but I usually dial it down, default on startup was high but at 720p, switched to 1080p and a mix of high/med/low/off runs at or near 60 all the time.

I have to say so far it's just another Dark Souls game with a different name, graphics at my settings look the same as DS3. I'm not far just to the mansion with all the characters/table so it hopefully will have some amazing new environments and enemies.

Edit: after playing for a bit more it def looks better than DS3 but it's no RDR2 etc still looks great, some stutter now and then but nothing that kills it for me. Nice LOD too really awesome. Once again just like the other DS games the UI takes some getting used to but I'm using an xbone controller so it's kinda setup for that.

• Thanks 1

Elex 2.

I liked Elex 1 a lot, it definitely had some of the old Gothic games vibe. So far this one is pretty similar. To keep the references going, Elex 1 was Gothic 2 and Elex 2 is more like Gothic 3. It feels somewhat too open. Adding a jetpack from the start sort of removes a lot of the exploration difficulty so I'm not sure I understand why they did that but so far it's fun.

For me it didn't have the same effect as Elex 1, as in it's nice but not impressive enough to be sure I'll stick to it.

In parallel I'm still debating to go back to Cyberpunk or start Elden Ring.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 9:04 AM, ryan said:

This is on all my gaming rigs.

Mandatory experience. 

• Bump 1