NotebookTalk

What game are you playing now?

cucubits

2 hours ago, serpro69 said:

Haven't played TQ, but also heard good things about it. It looks like TQ 2 is coming soon also? So hopefully not all is lost for ARPG genre 🙂

omg sooooooo looking forward to TQ 2! 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

13 hours ago, serpro69 said:

Tried Diablo 4 over the "free weekend". Must say I'm quite disappointed and can really see why the game has so many negative reviews. It's still kind of fun if you like the genre, but I'm just not getting the proper Diablo feeling out of it. But for the price they're asking for it, even during discounts... not worth it IMO.

This was exactly my feeling too but sadly I couldn't resist and bought it on release. Couldn't refund it... one of my most regretted purchases in gaming...

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

On 11/27/2023 at 4:25 AM, serpro69 said:

Tried Diablo 4 over the "free weekend". Must say I'm quite disappointed and can really see why the game has so many negative reviews. It's still kind of fun if you like the genre, but I'm just not getting the proper Diablo feeling out of it. But for the price they're asking for it, even during discounts... not worth it IMO.

Also tried out Grim Dawn (quite similar game to Diablo), which immediately felt way more thought out and interesting, despite being like 6 years old now, or smth.

D4 was good enough for a one run playthrough, which is typically how I play Diablo.. Run it once and then play it again a bit down the line after expansion..

Grim Dawn is fantastic, they are still pumping out patches and there's an expansion coming. I had backed that when they were crowdfunding on their own site before kickstarter was a thing. 100% due to how great Titan Quest was. Good to see they are still making it happen.

Path of Exile 2 also looks like it's going to be good.

On 11/27/2023 at 10:23 AM, jaybee83 said:

omg sooooooo looking forward to TQ 2! 

Gonna be good.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

[Sleipnir] MacBook Pro 16 | M1 Max | 32GB | 1TB

[Munnin] LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD | Fedora 38

• 3 weeks later...

Real racing 3 on my fire tablet 10 hd. very fun game I just wish progression wasn't slowed to force you to buy tokens

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 12/2/2023 at 3:14 PM, hfm said:

D4 was good enough for a one run playthrough, which is typically how I play Diablo.. Run it once and then play it again a bit down the line after expansion..

Grim Dawn is fantastic, they are still pumping out patches and there's an expansion coming. I had backed that when they were crowdfunding on their own site before kickstarter was a thing. 100% due to how great Titan Quest was. Good to see they are still making it happen.

Path of Exile 2 also looks like it's going to be good.

Gonna be good.

Some of my coworkers asked me to play Grim Dawn recently, doesnt half bad.

• Thanks 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

Happy New Year everyone!

Haven't been playing a lot lately, more darts practice and now we've discovered that bowling is also fun... which means even less screen time for me 😆

I did see a new play test demo of Road to Vostok. It's a real promising game but it'll be a while. The dev just finished porting what he had done before to a new engine. Looks awesome though.

Other than that, I sort of fell off Tarkov and now I keep wanting to try Star Citizen again. It usually doesn't end well but who knows.

Oh yeah, I've been also messing with AC Valhalla... I'd really like to get through it this time.

• Thumb Up 3

@cucubits have you seen the new mirage AC? looks really good graphically and runs well. should be another good game worth checking out.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

anyone tried star wars jedi survivor and/or avatar frontiers of pandora yet? thinking of checking out both 🙂 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

7 minutes ago, ryan said:

@cucubits have you seen the new mirage AC? looks really good graphically and runs well. should be another good game worth checking out.

I did see it and because of AC Mirage, I wanted to play Valhalla. I have a friend who's really a big AC fan and he kept recommending Valhalla. He just finished Mirage, says it was shorter than he expected... didn't sound too impressed.

bummer, I guess Ill check it out with connect plus. @jaybee83 the starwars one you mentioned is a great game but runs like crap, only a rich person with a 4090 would be able to play it at 4k lol, I guess thats you. you might like it if your into tombraider esque games

• Haha 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

23 hours ago, cucubits said:

now I keep wanting to try Star Citizen again. It usually doesn't end well but who knows.

😆 I did jump into Star Citizen last night, with the new update and all, and as expected it went almost exactly the same way as all my previous sessions:

Jumped in, the usual create character, chose home planet, start, go to the spaceport, get in the ship and do a quick and easy (I thought) quest. I chose a simple investigation mission which just means flying to a cave on a moon and searching for a dead body. I did just that, found the cave, explored it until I got to a dead end and proceeded to get stuck there forever because my dude would refuse to vault over a clearly vaultable rock (marked by the usual yellow ledge). 10 out of 10. Closed the game and went to sleep.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, ryan said:

bummer, I guess Ill check it out with connect plus. @jaybee83 the starwars one you mentioned is a great game but runs like crap, only a rich person with a 4090 would be able to play it at 4k lol, I guess thats you. you might like it if your into tombraider esque games

hahaha guess i earned that call-out @"rich person" with my setup 😛 

yeah i heard about the crappy performance, but i thought it might have changed by now with updates and such...

• Haha 1

Im playing The Outer Worlds and some Far Cry 6, its free on gamepass, its a reskin of  5 not  that much changes, but its ok to shutdown the brain and just play and wreak havoc in the game.

• Haha 1
  • Bump 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

• 3 weeks later...

just bought a 4tb external ssd installed 130 games and checked out the witcher 2. im getting 27fps maxed at 4k with my 3060, demanding game even today and looks great. had fun with the time I played also checked out rdr2 got to the part when you rescue the guy from the wolves. really well done its like playing a hollywood movie will be bouncing back into that one for sure, wonder how long to beat rdr2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 2 months later...

just playing grid legends, looks great at night in the rain and pretty fun. unrealistic stearing but arcade like racers tend to be better unless its  gran turismo

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 2 weeks later...

Finally Purchased the new asseto comp--. 14 quid but great reviews and @Reciever recommended it(thanks) so it was a no brainer. will report if I like it, as racing games are my fortay

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled