NotebookTalk

What game are you playing now?

cucubits

12 hours ago, cylix said:

This weekend we can play again Diablo IV Open Beta, i will try a Necromancer and see how it fairs. You can get as reward a Mount i think if you level to 20 and kill in a party the World Boss Ashava.

I forgot about that, I don't think I ever made it to level 20 during the last 2 betas. I'm pretty sure I have a level 16 barb.. i'll perhaps give it a shot sometime this weekend.

• Thumb Up 1

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

[Sleipnir] MacBook Pro 16 | M1 Max | 32GB | 1TB

[Munnin] LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD | Fedora 38

• 3 weeks later...

forgot how great GTA V was. I played for about an hour and a half and man did I have fun, killed a few cops and ran like a bugger. dirt biking is also fun in the game, I think the scope is amazing and have a feeling GTA VI will blow minds.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I tried the System Shock remake for a bit and really didn't like it so I'll be getting a refund there. Now playing TLOU Part 1 for the first time. Shader compilation is still a big problem. I didn't realize that it has to do it every time you launch the game. Once in, though, it's one of the most visually stunning titles I've ever seen and after patching it runs surprisingly well on my 4070 desktop, generally about 70 fps with a mix of high and ultra settings at 4K with DLSS on quality mode. The gameplay and controls feel a touch clunky for my liking but it's more than manageable. I do find it rather humorous that I'm playing a Sony game with an Xbox controller connected to a Windows PC using a Nintendo USB-C cable. Diversity is a wonderful thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Desktop: Ryzen 5 5600X3D | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 4070 Super | 4 TB SSD | Windows 11

MacBook Pro 14: M1 Max 10-core CPU | 64 GB RAM | 32-core GPU | 2 TB SSD | macOS

Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Gaming: Ryzen 7 6800H | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3050 | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Pro: Ryzen 5 5600U | 16 GB RAM | Radeon Graphics | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

4 hours ago, saturnotaku said:

I tried the System Shock remake for a bit and really didn't like it so I'll be getting a refund there. Now playing TLOU Part 1 for the first time. Shader compilation is still a big problem. I didn't realize that it has to do it every time you launch the game. Once in, though, it's one of the most visually stunning titles I've ever seen and after patching it runs surprisingly well on my 4070 desktop, generally about 70 fps with a mix of high and ultra settings at 4K with DLSS on quality mode. The gameplay and controls feel a touch clunky for my liking but it's more than manageable. I do find it rather humorous that I'm playing a Sony game with an Xbox controller connected to a Windows PC using a Nintendo USB-C cable. Diversity is a wonderful thing.

I haven't made up my mind yet how I feel about System Shock. I like the idea a lot, I might stick with it. Only played for about an hour total so far. It does have a very "classic" game feel to it. When I heard remake, I was sort of hoping they'd bring it more to today's game standards... 

Speaking of The Last of Us, I've been thinking about it for quite a while now. I played part of it a couple years ago on PSNow, that streaming service which lets you run games on a PC... it's crappy resolution, laggy, but I still was enjoying it a lot. Now I think the only reason which stops me from playing it, is knowing that if I finish it, I won't be able to play Part 2. Clearly I'm not buying a PS5 just for that and I know me, just the idea of it being available but out of reach, would drive me crazy... 

• Thumb Up 1

11 minutes ago, cucubits said:

I haven't made up my mind yet how I feel about System Shock. I like the idea a lot, I might stick with it. Only played for about an hour total so far. It does have a very "classic" game feel to it. When I heard remake, I was sort of hoping they'd bring it more to today's game standards... 

Speaking of The Last of Us, I've been thinking about it for quite a while now. I played part of it a couple years ago on PSNow, that streaming service which lets you run games on a PC... it's crappy resolution, laggy, but I still was enjoying it a lot. Now I think the only reason which stops me from playing it, is knowing that if I finish it, I won't be able to play Part 2. Clearly I'm not buying a PS5 just for that and I know me, just the idea of it being available but out of reach, would drive me crazy... 

I say this as someone who really likes System Shock 2, but the remake of the original is a bit too old school for my liking. I mean, I don't necessarily want a game to hold my hand the entire way, but there's a point where things can become too cryptic.

I have no qualms about skipping TLOU part 2 

• Thumb Up 1

Desktop: Ryzen 5 5600X3D | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 4070 Super | 4 TB SSD | Windows 11

Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Gaming: Ryzen 7 6800H | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3050 | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Pro: Ryzen 5 5600U | 16 GB RAM | Radeon Graphics | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

in your opinion whats the best looking game as of today? best graphics iv'e seen is breakpoint but im out of the loop

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Playing Diablo 4 and i love it. Blizzard has done it, they redeemed themselves with this game. Looks gorgeous with HDR, performance is incredibile, gameplay rocks. Also i like the story and lore so far.

Necro bones build and summon minions 😀

• Thumb Up 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

1 hour ago, cylix said:

Playing Diablo 4 and i love it. Blizzard has done it, they redeemed themselves with this game. Looks gorgeous with HDR, performance is incredibile, gameplay rocks. Also i like the story and lore so far.

Necro bones build and summon minions 😀

ugh... I really didn't want to give more $ to blizzard after D3 but if I keep reading posts like this, I might just do it. Sitting on my hands for now.

• Thumb Up 1

After watching a lot of videos and reading many articles, I'm going to bite the bullet and pre-order Diablo IV. The gameplay reminds me a lot of D2, which is probably the one single title where I've sunk the most amount of time despite my not being much of an action RPG aficionado. I'm only buying the standard version, though, as I'm not really interested in the battle pass or its mechanics.

• Thumb Up 1

8 hours ago, saturnotaku said:

After watching a lot of videos and reading many articles, I'm going to bite the bullet and pre-order Diablo IV. The gameplay reminds me a lot of D2, which is probably the one single title where I've sunk the most amount of time despite my not being much of an action RPG aficionado. I'm only buying the standard version, though, as I'm not really interested in the battle pass or its mechanics.

In all honesty, if it had an offline mode,  I would've bought it already. For me Diablo always was and will be a single player experience. I don't agree at all with blizzard's approach to D3 and D4 to keep them online only just for DRM purposes...

Yes, I bought D3 right when it came out, I did enjoy it for a little while but no, I most certainly did not get "my money's worth" out of it.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

It's been so long, but I don't think I put more than about 10 hours into D3 before uninstalling and going right back to D2.

• Thumb Up 1

Diablo 4 rocks :D, im doing hypeee. 😆

If PoE veterans likes Diablo 4 then you know the game is good 😄

• Thumb Up 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Can't. Take. This. Longer.

I keep having debates with myself about just buying D4 right away. I don't think I'll be able to wait until its on sale... 

Is it really that good? I don't really trust the initial reviews I randomly saw and I'm really afraid it's going to be like D3 with better graphics... someone please talk me into or out of it.

You'll likely be waiting a very long time for D4 to go on sale. ActiBlizz games don't get discounted terribly often.

• Bump 1

1 hour ago, saturnotaku said:

You'll likely be waiting a very long time for D4 to go on sale. ActiBlizz games don't get discounted terribly often.

I know... and I usually don't buy games from them so on these rare occasions it's fine. 

So yeah, I already talked myself into it, bought it last night, quickly installed before going to bed just to see and I promptly got the login timeout error. Tried a few times, same result. Went to bed. 10 out of 10 experience. 

We'll see today. They do have a refund policy if under 2 hours played so I'm not too worried yet.

• Bump 1

This is weird, from open beta 1 i didnt have any login or wait period, everytime i got in the game when i wanted.

• Thumb Up 1

2 hours ago, cylix said:

This is weird, from open beta 1 i didnt have any login or wait period, everytime i got in the game when i wanted.

Last night I think it was right around when it was opened for the masses, I'm hoping it's just the initial flood of new players... I haven't tried today yet. We'll see a bit later.

• Thumb Up 1

It's working now, I got in on the first try. Didn't do anything, closed it right after I saw it start up, I need to finish some work stuff first but I know what I'm doing later today 😆

I still think it's so incredibly stupid for blizzard to have made this 100% online only...

• Thumb Up 1

1 hour ago, cucubits said:

It's working now, I got in on the first try. Didn't do anything, closed it right after I saw it start up, I need to finish some work stuff first but I know what I'm doing later today 😆

I still think it's so incredibly stupid for blizzard to have made this 100% online only...

Dont worry in 10 years you'll see a private server lol

• Haha 1

Played for about an hour or so last night... I did like the intro cinematic a lot, this was always high quality for almost all Diablo releases. 

Otherwise, yes, the game does run well and looks very nice. Perspective seems a bit closer to the character than what we're used to but it's fine, probably they did this to keep performance up and entice the use of cosmetics on the player.

I do feel it's nicer than D3, that's true, but for now I wouldn't call it mindblowingly good. Likely none of these subsequent games will ever live up to the feels that D1 and D2 gave us. 

8 hours ago, cucubits said:

Any NYers around here? Is Lilith visiting irl? 😆

image.png.65f7e2bf2e137827251eb531af53eb85.png

Definitely.. sky was crazy here today.. as was the air quality

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

[Sleipnir] MacBook Pro 16 | M1 Max | 32GB | 1TB

[Munnin] LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD | Fedora 38

just got grid legends installed and played a few races, very addictive and looks unreal very very nice graphics and gameplay, I don't see how it got a 7 by ign but hey who am I. It has an overwhelming number of races and modes ect. heres a pic

Screenshot-4.png

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled