NotebookTalk

What game are you playing now?

cucubits

Well, I have to say D4 did not draw me in as much as I was hoping for. After the first few hours, I'd say it's a solid "meh", a little bit above D3 so far.

On the other hand, since I had to update battle.net for D4, I remembered some games I had there and mostly forgot about. Talking about Back Ops Cold War. I used to play Zombies Outbreak a lot and it was so much fun running around with the shotgun. 

This gave me the idea to try the single player Black Ops Cold War campaign. Man this is so much fun. Doing it on the 2nd to last difficulty, it's not a walk in the park but it's an awesome experience. On one mission I even got DeusEx vibes with stealth and crawling through vents. Others are just plain shooter sections. I'm finding I enjoy this way way more than D4, sadly. I say sadly because I could've used that $70 for something better 🙂 

Sad. Finished Black Ops Cold War. I thoroughly enjoyed every single minute of it. It's quite rare nowadays that I actually finish a game. Only complaint is that it was short. I don't know how many hours but I don't think it was a lot.

I haven't had enough of this type of game so I'm thinking of either Ghost Recon Wildlands or Breakpoint. I played both but finished neither.

Another option is maybe Black Ops 3? I know it's an older game but I haven't played it. Or maybe some other CoD single player campaigns? I don't even know how many are there or which is the latest...

• Thumb Up 1

just saw this video on motorsport 8 well technically. its looks meh I don't know why people are saying it looks so good, look at them trees its a pixelated mess. in the end we all know it will be a good game. here it is

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 6/17/2023 at 11:59 PM, cucubits said:

either Ghost Recon Wildlands or Breakpoint. I played both but finished neither.

Another option is maybe Black Ops 3? I know it's an older game but I haven't played it. Or maybe some other CoD single player campaigns? I don't even know how many are there or which is the latest...

Nope, Wildlands feels weird. I got too used to first person perspective. I did fire up my old save (I did play Wildlands for a good 60-70 hours, I've been quite into it) and turns out it was right before the final mission. I have no idea what possessed me to not finish it back then. Anyway, I completed quickly the final Sueno mission. Quite disappointing to be honest but it's fine. Uninstalled because I needed space for Black Ops 3, lol.

I don't know wildlands is a pretty fun game I have like 5 hours logged into it. I liked the story but it seems repetitive. as for black ops 3 im downloading it right now, have a controller and a laptop that can actually run it now. will play it tonight for a few hours or maybe not we will see.

I wonder about this world though, games look like crap after 20 years of evolution, how is it possible we go from half life 2 level graphics to hogwarts graphics, yes hog warts looks good but 20 years???really....this is BS we(I) want games to get better over time, like pretty much everything in existance(evolution)

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

played a few areas in  A plagues tale requiem. really great game so far has my interest, it might be the second game ill play till the end since mass effect 3

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Well, turns out I had played through BO3 already a long time ago. I vaguely recalled more and more things during the first missions and slowly I remembered the whole game. It's fun, but it does show its age. Gunplay is not as good as current games... feels a bit "disconnected", no feedback on shots if that makes sense. This one is more like the old Crysis games with all the powers and futuristic tech, which is not necessarily bad, just not what I was hoping for at the moment.

Not sure what I'll do next. Good tip on Plague Tale, I did like the first one a lot although some puzzles ended up being more repetitive and tedious vs fun but who knows, maybe Requiem is better in that area.

Another one which may be interesting is "Six Days in Fallujah", some sort of tactical fps coming out these days... saw a video and it looked cool but I don't know about the story. Hard to think it's going to be too "deep" if it only follows the events over 6 days 🙂

• Bump 1

Still playing D4

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

[Sleipnir] MacBook Pro 16 | M1 Max | 32GB | 1TB

[Munnin] LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD | Fedora 38

5 hours ago, hfm said:

Still playing D4

I so wanted to like this one and I will give it another shot... just that after the first few hours, I really don't feel drawn in. It's just like D3 to me. If it does anything, it makes me want to go back and play D1 and D2.

• Thumb Up 2

Im hooked on D4 😁. Only game that im playing from release in my spare time, even on breaks at work 🤣

• Thumb Up 2

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

Back to my predicament. I ended up uninstalling Black Ops 3. I did remember playing through it and as I said, I'm not feeling the gunplay. 

On the other hand, now I'd like to try my hands on one of the newer CoD single player campaigns. On a quick search, there are about 47 Call of Duty games and I have no idea which to start with, to be somewhat a newer game and with an ok single player experience... the fact that they seem to even recycle game titles from the series makes this even harder.

Mw2 is supposed to be good. I'd start there. 100 000 people can't be wrong. Can they?

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

6 hours ago, ryan said:

Mw2 is supposed to be good. I'd start there. 100 000 people can't be wrong. Can they?

hard to tell how many of those 100k only touched it for multiplayer/warzone. I read that it's a 6 hour single player story. I'm not paying full AAA price just for that, I'll find other, more cost efficient ways to entertain myself 😆

true. i dont know much about it just saw the rating, you know more about it than me. 

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

22 hours ago, ryan said:

true. i dont know much about it just saw the rating, you know more about it than me. 

Not really, I only know from what google tells me about these 🙂

To be honest, BO Cold War was short as well but I still enjoyed it a lot. I don't know... I'll probably pass MW1/2 for now.

I did just start Infinite Warfare. So far it looks cool, feel pretty futuristic compared to all the others. I might stick with it.

I mentioned Six Days in Fallujah earlier... I don't think that's for me either at this time. From what I read, it's more multiplayer/team play oriented and it's not quite ready. I had thought it'll be a finished game but it appears that more and more companies like money more than having a finished product and just release at some random point.

So yeah, still open for ideas... it's getting more and more difficult to find good (new) games for some reason.

4 hours ago, cucubits said:

it's getting more and more difficult to find good (new) games for some reason.

thats because consoles are drying up they are not releasing good games for consoles and their are no ports to port over. Only games im waiting on are forza 8 and gta VI not many good games scheduled

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

yeah I remember when a good game would be released every 2 or so months now its like we have to wait 2 years.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 6/21/2023 at 1:58 AM, cucubits said:

I so wanted to like this one and I will give it another shot... just that after the first few hours, I really don't feel drawn in. It's just like D3 to me. If it does anything, it makes me want to go back and play D1 and D2.

Finally finished the main storyline, in my defense I did A LOT of side content. There's so many dungeons to clear. The first time you clear them in your account you get an affix to create a legendary item. There's a lot of those dungeons, some of them you visit during questing, others you can just do them when you feel like it. I skipped quite a few of the ones I didn't care about the affixes for as I was just playing a Barb and a lot of them are class specific, and not even all the Barb ones I cared about. There's also new stuff to do after you finish the main story. 

I may spin up a new class and do a higher world tier, I was just playing on Tier 1 and you definitely hit a wall around level 50 where you are basically iterating your gear in very small steps. I mostly used the same gear and affixes from level ~40-45 to level 58. I think it was probably due to being in tier 1. New char I'm just going to start in tier 2. It looks like going tier 3 is the real switch since there's a ton of bonuses and glyphs for the paragon boards you can't get unless you play tier 3.

I think I need to take a break though, I did most of the side content and it took a lot of hours to get through, a little burned out. 🙂

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

The fun begins in wt3 in diablo 4😄, still playing my necro minion build+ bones.

Having fun in helltides, 1 one hour you need to gather Amber's and unlock the chests. The best ones are the mystery one.. For 175 Amber's you get 4 5 legendarys per chest!

@hfm

Best affix are on the items, those in the dungeons are lowest % proprieties but you can reuse them. The ones on items are higher % but you can imprint them only one time on the item of your choice.

• Thumb Up 2

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

23 hours ago, cylix said:

The fun begins in wt3 in diablo 4😄, still playing my necro minion build+ bones.

Having fun in helltides, 1 one hour you need to gather Amber's and unlock the chests. The best ones are the mystery one.. For 175 Amber's you get 4 5 legendarys per chest!

@hfm

Best affix are on the items, those in the dungeons are lowest % proprieties but you can reuse them. The ones on items are higher % but you can imprint them only one time on the item of your choice.

Definitely. The "Heal X for each close enemy up to Y per second" affix was a game changer for my Barb..  I accidentally salvaged it by mistake. Took me forever spending oobols on pants and getting drops till I got i back.

• Thumb Up 2

On 6/27/2023 at 7:09 AM, hfm said:

Definitely. The "Heal X for each close enemy up to Y per second" affix was a game changer for my Barb..  I accidentally salvaged it by mistake. Took me forever spending oobols on pants and getting drops till I got i back.

Yes they really need to make an organizer for the stash  and more places to hold. My chest is full with legendary, aspects and gems..

• Bump 1

have 27 hours logged into grid legends, game is simply amazing cross of arcade and sim racing. just plain fun but a bit on the easy side.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

just bought sniper elite 5 man the graphics took me back. was not expecting that, wow. It performs well for how it looks, never saw a game like this im getting 31fps average at 4k ultra settings, its fun so far just booted it up to see the graphics that everyone's talking about.

Screenshot-72.png

• Thumb Up 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled