NotebookTalk

What game are you playing now?

cucubits

On 5/6/2022 at 4:55 AM, jaybee83 said:

after so many years im STILL playing Titan Quest, especially now after they've recently published yet ANOTHER expansion, gotta love those guys 😁 ive made my way through normal and epic difficulty, now for the first time ive got access to legendary 🤠

I did a "completionist" play through on normal which I think was a mistake - it became really tedious.  Now I'm a bit over-leveled on next level of difficulty with pretty weak gear and it's a bit of a slog.  I found the guides over on https://www.almarsguides.com/ really helpful and I'll have to learn a bit more about farming I think to make this more interesting.  I did have to shell out for an expansion to access higher skill levels which I have mixed feelings about...

• Bump 1

39 minutes ago, FredSRichardson said:

I did a "completionist" play through on normal which I think was a mistake - it became really tedious.  Now I'm a bit over-leveled on next level of difficulty with pretty weak gear and it's a bit of a slog.  I found the guides over on https://www.almarsguides.com/ really helpful and I'll have to learn a bit more about farming I think to make this more interesting.  I did have to shell out for an expansion to access higher skill levels which I have mixed feelings about...

awesome dude! nice to see a fellow quester 🤠 yeah im also playing completionist style but also doing lots of farming (and yes i agree, can be tedious at times). on epic it sometimes gets a bit too easy but later on in legendary ive seen numerous reports that it gets HARD quite fast again.

btw i can highly recommend TQVault and TQ Collector to keep track of all your gear and be able to switch around stuff between your characters.

• Thumb Up 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Doom Eternal AG part 2.  Love this game, plays really well on my Dell M6800/980M.  Part 1 kept me occupied during the covid standdown.  Part 2 is kicking my butt, but I love the challenge.  Daughter birthday'd me a Samsung curved 27" monitor which enhances the experience.  Do a little Rage 2 & Far Cry ND to warm up for Eternal.

• Thumb Up 2

Free week for Star Citizen, started today.

As much as I despise the devs and fully believe they are running an elaborate money milking scam with this "game", it's still in the back of my mind all the time. If you guys recall I had a thread about this on NBR, bought it a couple years ago but ended up refunding it.

Since then, it appears they added some new areas and it's supposed to be more playable but believe me, it's not. Fired it up today and after only one crash, I managed to get in the game. Spawned in one of the new areas, some sort of base above the clouds on a planet (no terrain visible at all, just the base). From the moment it started, I was looking at a slideshow. It couldn't have been more than 10-20 FPS. Sometimes it would get better but nothing above 30. I even lowered some settings but it was the same. It's just not optimized. Mind you this is on a pretty beefy machine with a 2080 which can run perfectly all current gen games. This is why I call it straight up a scam. There are a handful of youtubers who can't stop praising it and keep showing gameplay as if it's working all the time. I'm very much inclined to believe they're paid actors, lol.

Anyway, I'll mess with it for a few more days but I don't have any high hopes.

PS: Speaking of bugs... after walking around for a while on that base above the clouds, I managed to find a spot where I glitched over a railing and fell off. I could look around while free falling, the base above kept getting smaller and smaller yet the planet surface was nowhere to be seen. I left it alone for about 15 mins, free falling all along... I then quit the game, no other way out. At least on solid ground there's a button to kill yourself.

On 5/20/2022 at 9:54 PM, cucubits said:

Free week for Star Citizen, started today.

As much as I despise the devs and fully believe they are running an elaborate money milking scam with this "game", it's still in the back of my mind all the time. If you guys recall I had a thread about this on NBR, bought it a couple years ago but ended up refunding it.

Since then, it appears they added some new areas and it's supposed to be more playable but believe me, it's not. Fired it up today and after only one crash, I managed to get in the game. Spawned in one of the new areas, some sort of base above the clouds on a planet (no terrain visible at all, just the base). From the moment it started, I was looking at a slideshow. It couldn't have been more than 10-20 FPS. Sometimes it would get better but nothing above 30. I even lowered some settings but it was the same. It's just not optimized. Mind you this is on a pretty beefy machine with a 2080 which can run perfectly all current gen games. This is why I call it straight up a scam. There are a handful of youtubers who can't stop praising it and keep showing gameplay as if it's working all the time. I'm very much inclined to believe they're paid actors, lol.

Anyway, I'll mess with it for a few more days but I don't have any high hopes.

PS: Speaking of bugs... after walking around for a while on that base above the clouds, I managed to find a spot where I glitched over a railing and fell off. I could look around while free falling, the base above kept getting smaller and smaller yet the planet surface was nowhere to be seen. I left it alone for about 15 mins, free falling all along... I then quit the game, no other way out. At least on solid ground there's a button to kill yourself.

This game makes me mad.

As I said... I despise the devs for their whole scheme of never finishing the game, just throwing crumbs of updates at players. I'm 100% sure this is their actual plan and they have zero intentions of ever getting the game to a full release version. Why? Because they are too incompetent to actually make it work properly and if they just release it, people will realize this and stop buying it. As it is now, with frequent updates (every single update fixes 2 things and breaks 3 others), people keep throwing money at them hoping they will actually release is someday. They will not.

Having said that, I think I'll actually buy it this time. The cheapest ship possible as it really is not that difficult to make loads of money in-game. I keep wanting to play it more and more, even with the bugs and crappy performance... 

To me, Star Citizen is the best definition of a love/hate relationship, lol.

Started Sniper Elite 5, its on GamePass Ultimate 😀

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

• 2 weeks later...

just downloading elite sniper 5 hopefully its fun......looks good

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

This is going to sound crazy but over the past few weeks I've been only playing Star Citizen.

I'm not giving a pass to the devs and I do still firmly believe what I kept saying, that their whole scheme is to purposely not finish the game and keep introducing bugs so hopeful players keep buying it. This and probably the fact they're not competent enough to actually get it to a point where they keep promising it will reach.

Having said that, I keep playing it, for some reason I just have to.

In all honesty it's now in a sort of more or less playable state. Performance is pretty bad but some missions actually work sometimes. It's still full of bugs but when it works, it's quite satisfying and there's a lot of things to do and places to explore. 

I'm doing a bit of everything, I worked my way up to buying a Prospector and I keep mining Quantanium. It's very exciting, from surveying the moons, finding good rocks, cracking them open without blowing myself up and getting back quickly to the station before the payload explodes. As of now, I would say this is the most efficient way to earn aUEC. With some variance, the yield can be about 300-400k aUEC per hour. There is a bit of luck involved in finding good rocks but this is a lot of money with not that much effort.

There are other interesting missions too, bunker runs where you need to clear AI players from bunkers/caves. The AI is either dumb or 360 no-scopes you around the corner. Very exciting but there's a lot of loot to be found.

The crime rating is actually an interesting feature. If you do something illegal (shoot other players or do illegal missions) you gets a crime rating. If/when caught (killed by guards or other players) you end up in an actual jail on one of the moons. Depending on the crime level, you actually need to stat there and serve time. This can be up to several real life hours. There are ways out like doing some special missions in the prison or even breaking out, but that's quite tricky to pull off.

Bounty hunting is very cool. If a player has a crime stat, any other player on that server has the option to take up a mission to hunt down the criminal. With the mission accepted you get a tracker which shows the criminal at all times. To make matters a bit more complex, the player with the crime stat has the option to clear his name by hacking in some security bunkers and erasing the crimes.

Anyway, I've been rambling too much... as hard as it is for me to say, getting the cheapest $45 game package when on sale, might actually be worth the experience, at least for a while.

I haven't been able to get into any games recently. But this game, Starfield, from Bethesda looks promising.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

RainBird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx860m win10LTSC

1 hour ago, Eban said:

I haven't been able to get into any games recently. But this game, Starfield, from Bethesda looks promising.

It does look great and I also have high hopes for it. We need a good space game badly. For now star citizen will do but I'd give it up in a heartbeat for an actually well made complete game.

5 hours ago, cucubits said:

.........well made complete game.

Well your talking Bethesda....but close enough :classic_wink:

• Thumb Up 1

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

RainBird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx860m win10LTSC

On 6/15/2022 at 4:17 PM, Eban said:

Wow, I'm not much for staying up to date with "latest and greatest in gaming", but this does look interesting. And it's Bethesda... so they deliver quite well IMO

Now you make me rethink my video card choices for the upcoming laptop purchase :classic_laugh:

GitHub

Currently and formerly owned laptops (specs below):

Serenity                    -> Dell Precision 5560
N-1                             -> Dell Precision 5560 (my lady's)

Razor Crest              -> Lenovo ThinkPad P16 (work)
Millenium Falcon    -> Dell Precision 5530 (work)
Axiom                        -> Lenovo ThinkPad P52 (work)
Moldy Crow             -> Dell XPS 15 9550

Spoiler

Senenity / N-1: Dell Precision 5560
    i7-11800H CPU
    1x32 GB DDR4 2,666 MHz
    512 GB SSD
    NVIDIA T1200
    FHD+ 1920x1200
    PopOS 22.04

Millenium Falcon: Dell Precision 5530
    i9-8950HK CPU
    2x16 GB DDR4 2,666 MHz
    1 TB SSD
    NVIDIA Quadro P2000
    UHD 3840x2160
    Ubuntu 22.04 / Windows 10 LTSC

44 minutes ago, serpro69 said:

Wow, I'm not much for staying up to date with "latest and greatest in gaming", but this does look interesting. And it's Bethesda... so they deliver quite well IMO

Now you make me rethink my video card choices for the upcoming laptop purchase :classic_laugh:

Yeah, from at the released videos, it looks like a good mix of elements from Mass Effect + No Man's Sky + Star Citizen.

I really hope they pull this off and it won't be a huge mix of empty planets with copy/paste structures, just for the sake of having a lot of destinations.

looks cool 🙂

Just wondering if anyone else has tried sniper elite 5 I checked it out for like 30 min and it looks really good and the kill cam is more satisfying than erhm S**

also Id like to add guys check out poolians its free and there is a good reason pool is the most popular game in the world....insanely addictive

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Was off-site for two months due to a long move, but the first games I booted up were Etterna, PSO2 New Genesis, and (oh boy) Battlefield 2042.

Somehow the latter of the three is still meh, but I guess it's an improvement?

PSO2 is gonna be torture to grind the new weapon out, but I really hope my drop luck is okay enough so I can work towards it.

Etterna is a rhythm game. Slightly rusted but still not bad.

• Thumb Up 1

Kirisame: Custom build

Ryzen 7 5800X

32GB HyperX DDR4-3733 CL18

ASRock Phantom D OC RX 6800XT

1TB Samsung OEM gen4

2TB Inland Platinum

2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Huawei Matebook D14

i5-10210U
8GB DDR4
500GB NVME

6 hours ago, Katja said:

Was off-site for two months due to a long move

ugh... this is what's expecting us as well, in about a month or so we need to start packing. I am not looking forward to all the chaos that's about to come.

• Thumb Up 1

On 6/19/2022 at 8:02 PM, cucubits said:

ugh... this is what's expecting us as well, in about a month or so we need to start packing. I am not looking forward to all the chaos that's about to come.

Is it something similar to a cross-country move? I absolutely HATED moving across Spain, but it was more than worth it to own a place that's rather comfortable and really nice.

Ryzen 7 5800X

1TB Samsung OEM gen4

2TB Inland Platinum

Huawei Matebook D14

i5-10210U
8GB DDR4
500GB NVME

2 hours ago, Katja said:

Is it something similar to a cross-country move? I absolutely HATED moving across Spain, but it was more than worth it to own a place that's rather comfortable and really nice.

Yes, it's very much completely across the country. From Dallas to Seattle area, it's about 3000km. But yes, we know it will be worth it for us to finally leave from texas.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2022 at 1:17 PM, Katja said:

PSO2 is gonna be torture to grind the new weapon out, but I really hope my drop luck is okay enough so I can work towards it.

I jinxed myself with this; my drop luck is absolutely atrocious. But hey, there's a workaround to the stutter now (and we know what caused it)!

I can't get the material weapon after two weeks of grinding and over 100KC on the enemy I gotta kill for it. It's a painful time but eh, something to do?

The Icicle Cubes is something I can get done if I get a group, the Orbs I'll have done tomorrow, and the Blizzardium will be done after maintenance this week! The weapon.. I'm gonna go broke for. Oh well.

image.thumb.png.a372457153c23d36c68d996f65ce64ae.png

Ryzen 7 5800X

1TB Samsung OEM gen4

2TB Inland Platinum

Huawei Matebook D14

i5-10210U
8GB DDR4
500GB NVME

Starfield looks like a new Fallout 4...great game at the begging but afterwords is getting boring to to the same stuff over and over again..and Bethesda still cannot do right Faces, those characters looks awful, especially the face and eye animations..

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

The waiting game!!

been poorish all my life

Started a venture into Music/beats ect and its rapidly being heard...might be able to afford a razorbook finally lol

just exciting times, I have internet via my cell phone and decided 100gb was not enough even for light usage so Im getting my internet 1gbps through primus this week, should allow me to get back into downloading gaming benching and light playing...

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

2 hours ago, ryan said:

The waiting game!!

been poorish all my life

Started a venture into Music/beats ect and its rapidly being heard...might be able to afford a razorbook finally lol

just exciting times, I have internet via my cell phone and decided 100gb was not enough even for light usage so Im getting my internet 1gbps through primus this week, should allow me to get back into downloading gaming benching and light playing...

Oh congrats on the venture. Nothing out there new that really appeals to me just sticking with the games I have. I may dip into COH2 since I have not played it for years, I'm not sure it has offline skirmish which is what I like as a casual game while watching shows. COH2 seemed to be very online focused too from what I remember so we'll see. They are developing COH3 now.

• Thumb Up 1

yeah if I can make some money doing beats ill be happy.

Just liking the new sniper elite 5 its pretty fun and ive never really been into sniping outside of halo ce

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

35 minutes ago, LoneSyndal said:

Escape From Tarkov (from time to time).

Monster Hunter Rise (started on Steam Deck during sale with expansion)

Several indies including Core Keeper.

After completing Elden Ring 100%, there's been quite a void...

how long did it take u to complete Elden Ring? here i thought it was quite the expansive open world game 😅

• Thumb Up 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!