NotebookTalk

What game are you playing now?

cucubits

5 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

how long did it take u to complete Elden Ring? here i thought it was quite the expansive open world game 😅

I am a veteran of this style of game. Took me 120 hrs for first completion. Im at 160 while messing around. When you understand where everything is and the min req to get achievements, certain items, etc then it takes much less time. Can go from starting area to endgame in few hours if just beelining your objectives.

17 hours ago, LoneSyndal said:

I am a veteran of this style of game. Took me 120 hrs for first completion. Im at 160 while messing around. When you understand where everything is and the min req to get achievements, certain items, etc then it takes much less time. Can go from starting area to endgame in few hours if just beelining your objectives.

nah beelining is a different thing altogether. i was referring to the 100% completion u stated 🙂 ok cool, 120 hours is definitely nothing to sniff at, extensive game for sure!

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

On 7/3/2022 at 5:12 PM, Katja said:

The Icicle Cubes is something I can get done if I get a group, the Orbs I'll have done tomorrow, and the Blizzardium will be done after maintenance this week! The weapon.. I'm gonna go broke for. Oh well.

So I got it done, and managed enhancing my weapon to top-tier DPS shenanigans, gotta do some work on the armor though. Meh, but it was worth it for some current end-game content. Guess the 10th anni event did me some favors, heh.

Also passing Mastery IV in one go with two capsules was insanity. Weapon is pretty much complete for the most part, just need to fix up some of my armor. I cannot confirm or deny that I spend too much of my free time on this game.image.png.eb37badcbabb17210b32c69f63c7e946.png

Kirisame: Custom build

Ryzen 7 5800X

32GB HyperX DDR4-3733 CL18

ASRock Phantom D OC RX 6800XT

1TB Samsung OEM gen4

2TB Inland Platinum

2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Huawei Matebook D14

i5-10210U
8GB DDR4
500GB NVME

Got a bit burned out with Star Citizen because of the upcoming database wipe. We're going to lose all the ingame currency and ships I spent a bunch of time grinding for... so not particularly motivated to play anymore.

On the other hand, I reinstalled and started yet again Deus Ex Human Revolution. I love this series so much. This time I started on the hardest difficulty and looking forward to another great playthrough. It's been just enough time that I don't really remember all levels.

On 7/16/2022 at 10:01 PM, cucubits said:

On the other hand, I reinstalled and started yet again Deus Ex Human Revolution. I love this series so much. This time I started on the hardest difficulty and looking forward to another great playthrough. It's been just enough time that I don't really remember all levels.

I've repeatedly played and beaten both the original+DLC and Director's Cut of this game on pretty much every platform it's been released for except the WiiU. It's one of those rare titles where I discover something new every time I fire it up, be it some flavor text in a room I've previously overlooked or a different set of dialogue challenge options. It's probably my second favorite game of all time.

I've been playing Half-Life 2 recently, and all these years later, my opinion on it has definitely soured. While it has some absolutely brilliant and memorable levels, there are several stretches of the game that feel like chores to get through. I won't be touching the episodic content again as I didn't care for them when they first came out.

Desktop: Ryzen 5 5600X3D | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 4070 Super | 4 TB SSD | Windows 11

MacBook Pro 14: M1 Max 10-core CPU | 64 GB RAM | 32-core GPU | 2 TB SSD | macOS

Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Gaming: Ryzen 7 6800H | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3050 | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Pro: Ryzen 5 5600U | 16 GB RAM | Radeon Graphics | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

2 hours ago, saturnotaku said:

I've repeatedly played and beaten both the original+DLC and Director's Cut of this game on pretty much every platform it's been released for except the WiiU. It's one of those rare titles where I discover something new every time I fire it up, be it some flavor text in a room I've previously overlooked or a different set of dialogue challenge options. It's probably my second favorite game of all time.

I've been playing Half-Life 2 recently, and all these years later, my opinion on it has definitely soured. While it has some absolutely brilliant and memorable levels, there are several stretches of the game that feel like chores to get through. I won't be touching the episodic content again as I didn't care for them when they first came out.

the episodes were really good though! i enjoyed them 🙂 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

7 hours ago, saturnotaku said:

I've repeatedly played and beaten both the original+DLC and Director's Cut of this game

I actually had a tough time deciding if I want to try the director's cut. I read that they got rid of the ever-present yellow filter and made some changes to the boss fights. Otherwise reddit and reviews say it's worse because it's based on an earlier release. Is this true? What did you think of the director's cut compared to original?

21 hours ago, cucubits said:

I actually had a tough time deciding if I want to try the director's cut. I read that they got rid of the ever-present yellow filter and made some changes to the boss fights. Otherwise reddit and reviews say it's worse because it's based on an earlier release. Is this true? What did you think of the director's cut compared to original?

The removal of the yellow filter in the Director's Cut was more of a lateral move. The presentation looks neither better nor worse, IMO. However, there are more glitches and such in the DC because all of its releases were based on the WiiU version. The character animations look weird. Stick to the original if you can get it. 

• Thumb Up 1

Desktop: Ryzen 5 5600X3D | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 4070 Super | 4 TB SSD | Windows 11

MacBook Pro 14: M1 Max 10-core CPU | 64 GB RAM | 32-core GPU | 2 TB SSD | macOS

Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Gaming: Ryzen 7 6800H | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3050 | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Pro: Ryzen 5 5600U | 16 GB RAM | Radeon Graphics | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

2 hours ago, saturnotaku said:

The removal of the yellow filter in the Director's Cut was more of a lateral move. The presentation looks neither better nor worse, IMO. However, there are more glitches and such in the DC because all of its releases were based on the WiiU version. The character animations look weird. Stick to the original if you can get it. 

Cool, this is in line with my findings as well. Yes, I started the original and it's awesome. I love finding completely different ways to complete missions than I did in the past.

One example, for one of the early missions where you need to sneak in the morgue under the police station, my usual way was (as hinted by Sarif) to go in through the roof and sneak my way in through all those glorious ventilation shafts. However this time, I decided to start with the front entrance lobby (was completing a side quest there) and upon talking to the desk clerk, I convinced him to just let me in. Suddenly the whole building was friendly and I could just walk right to the objective.

I'm sure everyone knows this, just something that seemed cool to me 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Finished DEHR today... for the n-th time. Crazy how much replay value this game has. For the whole thing I didn't have a single boring moment and I kept finding new paths, new toys which I missed on my previous playthroughs. It really is a masterpiece and I'm so mad they're not working on a new one...

I had forgotten about the post credits scene. Hearing the original theme, and page's voice made a glorious and nostalgic experience. I loved the original one so much as well.

Considering moving on to Mankind Divided. It's been a couple years since I played it last, but it feels more "fresh" in my head so not sure...

During the Steam sale I picked up Fallout 76 and put WoW down for a break till Xpac. So far, I'm liking it the 5-6hrs I have in but being a MMO(ish), I am seeing some scary levels on players who have clearly been playing for quite some time. I'm a massive level 4 atm. 🙂

• Bump 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 980 1TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Samsung G7 43" 4k mLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel: i5-12400 | Asus Prime B660 | PowerColor HellHound 7900XTX | 32GB DDR4  G.Skill 3333 |  512GB M.2 | Gamdias | BenQ 32" 4k

12 hours ago, electrosoft said:

During the Steam sale I picked up Fallout 76 and put WoW down for a break till Xpac. So far, I'm liking it the 5-6hrs I have in but being a MMO(ish), I am seeing some scary levels on players who have clearly been playing for quite some time. I'm a massive level 4 atm. 🙂

hey u gotta start somewhere right? plus theres always gonna be someone higher level than u (in all instances of life), so no sweat, just enjoy 😃🏼

• Thumb Up 1

On 8/1/2022 at 3:33 PM, jaybee83 said:

hey u gotta start somewhere right? plus theres always gonna be someone higher level than u (in all instances of life), so no sweat, just enjoy 😃🏼

Yeah I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would but then again I played through and liked all the original games too from original launch so there was a very strong chance I was going to like this one too.

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 980 1TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Samsung G7 43" 4k mLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel: i5-12400 | Asus Prime B660 | PowerColor HellHound 7900XTX | 32GB DDR4  G.Skill 3333 |  512GB M.2 | Gamdias | BenQ 32" 4k

• 2 weeks later...

After a long break I felt the need to get back to some BR action.

Installed Ring of Elysium but it's 100% bots only all the time. Sad this game died, it was fun in its prime.

Installed PUBG - surprisingly still fun. Not ideal for new-ish players as there's no skill/level based matchmaking and most of the time you run into die hard veterans but it's still fun and not that hard to get some kills.

• Thumb Up 1

Playing some Forza 5 atm, checking the HDR on my new Screen and oh boy this game is truly gorgeous and the 49 is the perfect dimensions screen for racing sims 😁

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

longest stint of gaming in years....

level 6 of cod ghosts, amazing game really fun and challenging

forza 5 is really amazing.....one of the best looking games out and its not even a 3rd person game....best racing graphics for prob the next 4 years

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 2 weeks later...

Branching out from my COH1 main game into a couple of simple games. Haak is a game pretty similar to Hollow Knight, has more pixelated graphics though and certainly more forgiving. Islets is a cute little casual game with great art very pretty.

More I play Islets the more it's also like hollow knight but has a mostly bright theme instead of hollow knights dark colors mostly. And Islets not as long pretty short game, several similar upgrades, enjoyable though. Those two are a nice hollow knight fix until they sometime? release the next one.