NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

Bro @electrosoft is not available at this time, and who can blame him ;)

What are the clocks and temps?

Invest in a good, ideally custom, laptop cooler if you haven't already - it does help. 

• Haha 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

1 hour ago, electrosoft said:

@Papusan Go big or go home bro! 🙂

Just based on my personal preference, but dadgum... that is one hella butt-ugly GPU. I bet the kiddos just love the worthless card and tacky ring. I guess dreams are inclusive of nightmares, so by that measurement it could be my dream GPU, LOL.

53 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Bro @electrosoft is not available at this time, and who can blame him 😉

Hmm... I scanned through his last few posts to see what I missed, but I am not spotting it. What happened with Brother @electrosoft? I hope nothing bad.

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Update on build '23. I was sweating for about an hour trying to figure out how to get the massive radiator in, but finally got it. This lianLi lancool is an awesome case. Trying to tone down the unicorn piss, but some software is not supported in Windows 7.20230114_112928.thumb.jpg.80a147e9485b279c44f28f53f31c3918.jpg

• Thumb Up 4
  • Bump 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

5 hours ago, electrosoft said:

@Papusan Go big or go home bro! 🙂

I have the proper BeQuiet cable and big enough box for this graphics card. And with big enough I mean huge. No problem fit in this “small” card🙂

4 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Just based on my personal preference, but dadgum... that is one hella butt-ugly GPU. I bet the kiddos just love the worthless card and tacky ring. I guess dreams are inclusive of nightmares, so by that measurement it could be my dream GPU, LOL.

Hmm... I scanned through his last few posts to see what I missed, but I am not spotting it. What happened with Brother @electrosoft? I hope nothing bad.

It’s what it is bro Fox. Modern times. And I expect it’s a lot easier sell this card in the used market than any of the other brands fancy looking cards. I can clearly see that in the retail shops. Always sold out within hours. And we don’t lack 4090 cards in the shops here. A lot of them. Aftermarket is important so you can reduce your loss when it’s time to move on to next level of overpriced graphics cards. 

But, if you want to empty your stomach... Look no other places than puke2.gif.ef0b74739346ac2d9793ad20d2cd4352.gif here 

Nvidia prepare for competition and worse times (people have less money to spend on fun). Going cheaper, reduce component cost to keep up profits if the ASP decrease below MSRP. Not a bad idea, Nvidia. You shine in your greed.

Nvidia play the silicon lottery for their consumers... NVIDIA to introduce new variants of Ada GPUs. Starts with already overpriced 4080 die. 

image.png.b1d44db2e86089c4806e699539fd8bf5.png

An updated silicon labeled as AD103-301 brings minor changes to end users, but will help board partners in lowering the cost.

comparator circuit

New graphics chip to reduce production costs computerbase.de

• Thumb Up 5

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

I would assume he is keeping busy with his new 4090. Those MMORPGs he is into can get time consuming.... Brings back memories of Anarchy Online for me, the game is still going after 21, or soon 22 years.. That's quite remarkable.  WoW is not far behind - some 18 years going. Just a testament of how addictive those experiences can get.

2 hours ago, ryan said:

what about your advice are you a bencher at all

Not in the usual sense. I bench new systems during config/optimisation phase (and periodically afterwards) to achieve max sustained and reliable performance over very long periods.  That tends to be much harder than tuning for max scores in short benchmark runs, where you don't really care about reliability (due to the very long feedback loop). The underlying techniques are very similar though, with minor exceptions, e.g. wouldn't care about liquid nitrogen.

BTW To mention the obvious: if you are into benching you should consider getting a desktop. Very few levers to play around with on a laptop.

• Thumb Up 5
  • Like 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

It’s what it is bro Fox. Modern times. And I expect it’s a lot easier sell this card in the used market than any of the other brands fancy looking cards. I can clearly see that in the retail shops. Always sold out within hours. And we don’t lack 4090 cards in the shops here. A lot of them. Aftermarket is important so you can reduce your loss when it’s time to move on to next level of overpriced graphics cards. 

But, if you want to empty your stomach... Look no other places than puke2.gif.ef0b74739346ac2d9793ad20d2cd4352.gif here 

And Nvidia play the silicon lottery for their consumers... NVIDIA to introduce new variants of Ada GPUs. Starts with already overpriced 4080 die. 

I think a lot of people that buy them just don't care about the color. White is only popular with the people that like it, and they are a minority. From what I understand, (not sure how accurate the data is,) black cases outsell white cases by like an 8 to 1 margin. ASUS seems to have some people with abnormal aesthetic preferences making decisions. They make what they like and if customers end users don't like it they don't care. I think white look beautiful when it is brand new and belongs to someone else. As soon as it gets dirty, scuffed or scratched, or if I have to look at it for longer than a day or two I am ready to get rid of it. Every blemish screams "over here... look at me" LOL.

2 hours ago, Raiderman said:

Update on build '23. I was sweating for about an hour trying to figure out how to get the massive radiator in, but finally got it. This lianLi lancool is an awesome case. Trying to tone down the unicorn piss, but some software is not supported in Windows 7.20230114_112928.thumb.jpg.80a147e9485b279c44f28f53f31c3918.jpg

Try OpenRGB. It will probably work. It is what I use because the alternatives provided by the motherboard OEMs are pure dung even on a supported OS. ASUS Aura/Armory Crate is beyond horrible. It is so bad it should be against the law. It makes most of the other digital cancer look like the neatest thing since sliced bread. It not only constantly malfunction, it adds more performance-killing, resource-leeching bloat to a system than any other piece of garbage software that I have ever seen before.

The LanCool III is the first of the LanCool series that I like. I did not care for its predecessors. It looks wonderful. I wish they made a version of it that was three or four inches larger in each direction. I would have to have one if they did. It is certainly priced right for what you get... very good value for the money. I used to want the O11 Dynamic XL, but it has become so ordinary that I no longer like it. It still looks nice, but it is so common (including copycat cases) that it has lost distinction at this point.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

43 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I think a lot of people that buy them just don't care about the color. White is only popular with the people that like it, and they are a minority. From what I understand, (not sure how accurate the data is,) black cases outsell white cases by like an 8 to 1 margin. ASUS seems to have some people with abnormal aesthetic preferences making decisions. They make what they like and if customers end users don't like it they don't care. I think white look nice when it is brand new and belongs to someone else. As soon as it gets dirty, scuffed or scratched, or if I have to look at it for longer than a day or two I am ready to get rid of it. It looks beautiful at first, then before you know it, it looks terrible. Every blemish screams "look at me" LOL.

They all will soon go with white models. I expect they do it because of the never stopping (RGB) bling bling trend. White reflect colors a lot more than black. I expect Black chassis still have the bigger audience. My sons chassis is white, but if everything have been white it wouls become awful. The black parts inside the white box make it look a lot better. All white theme will never match all black. Too much of the white color will destroy the whole look for white chassis. Too much black in a black box can't go wrong. 

As you can see... Black will fresh up the whole white. The small black dog is the "Little Thief".

image.thumb.png.e8b71615217a96894df63eeaaabb60f9.png

image.thumb.png.dd1439d49c480d354d232c48345d1400.png

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 4

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

11 minutes ago, Papusan said:

They all will soon go with white models. I expect they do it because of the never stopping (RGB) bling bling trend. White reflect colors a lot more than black. I expect Black chassis still have the bigger audience. My sons chassis is white, but if everything have been white it wouls become awful. The black parts inside the white box make it look a lot better. All white theme will never match all black. Too much of the white color will destroy the whole look for white chassis. Too much black in a black box can't go wrong. 

As you can see... Black fresh up the whole white.

5Q86cPO.jpg

image.thumb.png.c74f367666260190b4f071caf6392eb1.png

The only thing we can count on at this point is the continuation of bad decisions by people who should not be making decisions. Black parts in a white case certainly looks much better than white-on-white or white parts in a black case. White on white is the worst-looking combination. It has no character and is very boring. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

4 hours ago, Etern4l said:

I would assume he is keeping busy with his new 4090. Those MMORPGs he is into can get time consuming.... Brings back memories of Anarchy Online for me, the game is still going after 21, or soon 22 years.. That's quite remarkable.  WoW is not far behind - some 18 years going. Just a testament of how addictive those experiences can get.

WOW! You were into AO as well? I was a HUGGGEEEEE fan. I have a few 220 toons. I was too deep in that game, practically a stereotypical MMO unwashed, BIO needing geek back in that time. That was the only MMO I played that required actual deep knowledge of in-game 'buffing' items to build tweaks. 

EDIT: Before you ask, I was a clanner through and through. I never once built an Omni toon. The player driven "raids" of Omni control cities were some of my fondest memories and vice versa, when Omni players raided Old Athens.  

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

5 hours ago, Etern4l said:

17 minutes ago, ryan said:

I still dabble in WOW its just incredible how long these games have been around for

11 minutes ago, Reciever said:

I actively avoid those games, afraid of getting too absorbed into it.

I used to play hardcore 8-10hrs a day back at launch for WoW (I got by on 3-4hrs of sleep some nights), but over time and years I've pulled back from hardcore raiding and I am a full on casual now and enjoy the journey. I play a couple of hours most days. On the days I have time, I'll throw in a 3 or 4hr session but nothing like I used to be.

If I know I want to play both, I'll purposely play one 1-2hrs and the other 1-2hrs.

Diablo IV drops this summer to boot and I'm all about that too....ugh.

My wife on the other hand has been playing a little over 2yrs of WoW now and she can still fully pull 4-6hr sessions with ease. She asks me why I don't play like that anymore and I just tell her I've been playing for 18yrs now. I've found my groove.

Fallout 76 on the other hand is "new" to me and I could easily get sucked in for 4-6hrs quickly as everything is still so fresh and newish.

I went through a phase where I played EQII pretty hardcore too for about a year too.

I'll stop and take breaks for new games I want to play that have fixed end points (CP2077, Deux Ex series, etc...).

• Thumb Up 4

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

5 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

I used to play hardcore 8-10hrs a day back at launch for WoW (I got by on 3-4hrs of sleep some nights), but over time and years I've pulled back from hardcore raiding and I am a full on casual now and enjoy the journey. I play a couple of hours most days. On the days I have time, I'll throw in a 3 or 4hr session but nothing like I used to be.

If I know I want to play both, I'll purposely play one 1-2hrs and the other 1-2hrs.

Diablo IV drops this summer to boot and I'm all about that too....ugh.

My wife on the other hand has been playing a little over 2yrs of WoW now and she can still fully pull 4-6hr sessions with ease. She asks me why I don't play like that anymore and I just tell her I've been playing for 18yrs now. I've found my groove.

Fallout 76 on the other hand is "new" to me and I could easily get sucked in for 4-6hrs quickly as everything is still so fresh and newish.

I went through a phase where I played EQII pretty hardcore too for about a year too.

I'll stop and take breaks for new games I want to play that have fixed end points (CP2077, Deux Ex series, etc...).

The only game I did that for was Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst on the private servers.

I think I had around 1000 hours on it, Monster Hunter replaced it at some point. I wouldnt mind this forum hosting private servers for those older titles 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Reciever said:

I actively avoid those games, afraid of getting too absorbed into it.

I was in my late teens/early 20's when I played Anarchy Online. It is when I discovered I could have an addictive mentality. Before AO, I didn't believe anyone could be addicted to an MMO. I was wrong. 

I will say I met a huge diversified community in AO and developed a lot of irl friendships, like my friend Jacob from Norway ( @Papusan another reason why I want to come there). That meant a lot to a bi-racial man that was going through an identity crisis at the time. 

I wouldn't mind playing an MMO with some of you guys and this time, I won't have the time to become an addict, hahaha. I loved PSO for the Dreamcast, but the servers were filled with a lot of cheaters. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ryan said:

I still dabble in WOW its just incredible how long these games have been around for

I tried WOW three times and I couldn't get into it. It felt too easy to me compared to Anarchy Online. I guess the sci-fi elements of AO was the key feature for me. It had guns and swords, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Bump 1

I never tried PSO. I knew it was good just never got around to it. as for WOW I dont play it but when I do its fun

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 minute ago, Rage Set said:

I was in my late teens/early 20's when I played Anarchy Online. It is when I discovered I could have an addictive mentality. Before AO, I didn't believe anyone could be addicted to an MMO. I was wrong. 

I will say I met a huge diversified community in AO and developed a lot of irl friendships, like my friend Jacob from Norway ( @Papusan another reason why I want to come there). That meant a lot to a bi-racial man that was going through an identity crisis at the time. 

I wouldn't mind playing an MMO with some of you guys and this time, I won't have the time to become an addict, hahaha. I loved PSO for the Dreamcast, but the servers were filled with a lot of cheaters. 

Im very value oriented for a lot of things in life and I knew immediately that if I started playing in that genre I would force myself to play them daily due to the subscription business model that most of them use.

I never played the Dreamcast version, my first exposure to PSO was on the GameCube, used to play that a lot with a friend of mine and later discovered the PC version which had ported a lot of the items in the JP and other versions into it.

I also had a bit of a identity crisis when I was younger, particularly in Middle/High school. Being German/Italian/Mexican (amongst others, im a mutt) I was basically Hitler personified to my classmates made to apologize for my heritage on the daily. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Rage Set said:

WOW! You were into AO as well? I was a HUGGGEEEEE fan. I have a few 220 toons. I was too deep in that game, practically a stereotypical MMO unwashed, BIO needing geek back in that time. That was the only MMO I played that required actual deep knowledge of in-game 'buffing' items to build tweaks. 

EDIT: Before you ask, I was a clanner through and through. I never once built an Omni toon. The player driven "raids" of Omni control cities were some of my fondest memories and vice versa, when Omni players raided Old Athens.  

I never got that far, but did spend a fair amount of time. I guess it was a combination of the SciFi lore, the vast world, the climate and the complexity, and last but not least - novelty. Eventually it all became too repetitive and boring. Just couldn't afford to put in the time required to progress. The visuals became dated. Lower level PvP was a non-starter, mainly based on twinking I couldn't afford. I tried all factions, but mostly played Omni - was supposed to be the easier route. 

Based on that experience, I avoided WoW to prevent myself from getting sucked in. AO was relatively difficult, especially for new joiners. For people like me it was a draw, but that's no way to get 10 million or whatever subscribers. I knew Blizzard solved that problem by providing a smooth and mesmerizing experience, they definitely know how to hook people. The stories of severe WoW addiction were in the mainstream media at the time. More recently they pulled all the stops with Hearthstone, a pure slot machine-grade money grab. Valve used similar tricks in CSGO - people end up paying them hundreds if not thousands for random skin drops.... but I digress.

• Thumb Up 1

-- Max Tegmark

2 hours ago, Rage Set said:

Thanks bro Rage 🙂 We Norwegians is weird people, LOOL

This is a nice post for bro @Mr. Fox People will never learn!!!

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117609-DRIVERS-Intel-Chipset-MEI-SATA-VMD-(1xx-2xx-3xx-4xx-5xx-6xx-7xx)&p=881836#post881818

image.thumb.png.56f4f88f91e093649a8562bcf1f512b8.png

My response below...

image.thumb.png.0f25a856d7f6c17be505e21b7db6ac97.png

End result....

image.thumb.png.5963a26b752b160fbba0265831ed9725.png

Edit. And same mess here with same "not needed" driver... Yep, some people never learn 

image.png.09401be531df118dd533cf62ca554b84.png

homer simpson GIF

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Papusan said:

Thanks bro Rage 🙂 We Norwegians is weird people, LOOL

This is a nice post for bro @Mr. Fox People will never learn!!!

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117609-DRIVERS-Intel-Chipset-MEI-SATA-VMD-(1xx-2xx-3xx-4xx-5xx-6xx-7xx)&p=881836#post881818

image.thumb.png.56f4f88f91e093649a8562bcf1f512b8.png

My response below...

image.thumb.png.0f25a856d7f6c17be505e21b7db6ac97.png

End result....

image.thumb.png.5963a26b752b160fbba0265831ed9725.png

Edit. And same mess here with same "not needed" driver... Yep, some people never learn 

homer simpson GIF

Silly, silly people. Always in search of a newer driver... because newer is always better newer. They will never learn because they have been taught wrong and still believe the crap that they were told. Somebody they thought was smarter them, but wasn't, set them up for failure.

What makes it so sad/stupid/messed up is they think they are "optimizing" their system, but what they are really doing is choking it and making it slower.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

Silly, silly people. Always in search of a newer driver... because newer is always better newer. They will never learn because they have been taught wrong and still believe the crap that they were told. Somebody they thought was smarter then, but wasn't, set them up for failure.

What makes it so sad/stupid/messed up is they think they are "optimizing" their system, but what they are really doing is choking it and making it slower.

Here's the thing... You need to know the source where the driver update come from. Not so sure people would jump on it as sweet candy if they saw that the drivers was for Intel's baby Gaming boxes😎 But, yep some would jump on it anyway. Stupidity will always beat common sense. 

image.thumb.png.d1557588e429e3de775372e8a7267c7e.png

And as I pointed out in my reply...

image.png.ac9b18934a86a9adb1df0e49ef733ed8.png

• Thumb Up 3