NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

1 hour ago, ryan said:

this is not good. MSI afterburner Iv'e been using for years if it goes the way of the dodo i'll never buy msi ever again

Put the blame where it should be... On the big IDIOT! Use Google translate 🙂

image.thumb.png.8a63704b2aaab467f970525530fcab7c.png

image.thumb.png.f5c246d6b2d33a469439706d70b4f16e.png

• Thumb Up 2
  • Sad 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

That sure didn't last long. I looked at the link a couple of hours ago and it was about $1,700, but now it's back up to an idiotic $2,200 and the only option available.

Thankfully, the rational part of my brain is still functioning well enough that it convinced the irrational part of my brain that $1,700 was still an absurdly frivolous price. I was tempted to add it to my cart for a minute or two, though. It sucks being tempted by impulse, but the victory of overcoming it is sweet.

1 hour ago, Reciever said:

If it helps we could have a banner made to shame you upon purchase, I wouldnt mind even getting commentary from @Clamibot articulating just how much money was wasted like those one liner quotes that OEM's like to use from Product reviewers. 

Here to help, after all :classic_ninja::classic_love::classic_ninja::classic_love:

My commentary would be something along the lines of this:

"Whatchu thinkin' fool? 1.7 grand is enough to build yoself one sick rig! Get yo discounted parts on ebay today!"

I'm such a cheapskake and you guys all know it 🤣. I don't know how I balance being so frugal with being a hardware enthusiast. I'm basically subsisting on brother @Mr. Fox's used parts whenever he has some goodies up for sale on the marketplace, and also on any other bones thrown my way through deals I stumble across.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 5
  • Bump 1

AlienyHackbook: Alienware M17X R5 | i7-4930MX | GTX 1060 | 32GB DDR3L Kingston HyperX @ 2133 MHz CL 12 | MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 | Windows 10 LTSC | Hackintoshes Rule!

Desktop Killer: Clevo X170SM-G | i9-10900K | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix @ 3200 MHz CL 16 | Windows 10 LTSC | Slayer Of Desktops

Sagattarius A: Custom Built Desktop | i9-10900K | RX 6950 XT | 32GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws @ 4000 MHz CL 15 | Windows 10 LTSC | Ultimate Performance Desktop With Cryo Cooling!

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

That sure didn't last long. I looked at the link a couple of hours ago and it was about $1,700, but now it's back up to an idiotic $2,200 and the only option available.

Thankfully, the rational part of my brain is still functioning well enough that it convinced the irrational part of my brain that $1,700 was still an absurdly frivolous price. I was tempted to add it to my cart for a minute or two, though. It sucks being tempted by impulse, but the victory of overcoming it is sweet.

Yeah they lasted a good 3hrs overall which is definitely a good sign. Suprim Liquid X drifted in and out of stock a few times too.

Do you have a particular model that catches your fancy?

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

It probably would be no more traumatic than the self-condemnation I endured after blowing an idiotic sum on the 3090 KPE. I still haven't really forgiven myself for that, and I haven't derived enough personal satisfaction from owning it to justify a repeat act of similar indiscretion. The kindest way to describe it would be: Good product, overrated, and poor value. The 4090 is all that, on steroids. At a certain point it becomes too difficult to balance desirability against repulsive pricing for a product that will be obsolete before it is old enough to get dirty.

Barring the possibility of a momentary lapse of good judgement, probably not going to happen. I am avoiding using the word "never" because I don't care for the taste of crow meat.

lol, at least I said I wouldn't be making any decisions till February 2023 so I'm eating just a touch of crow's meat. 🙂

• Thumb Up 3

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

LOOOL. AMD will offer an fully locked down Ryzen Zen4 8P & 8E-core CPU on Valentine's day, LOOOL

From 16:05 

Edit: I'll now see how good Zotac tech support works. To see if they stand behind their products. New or older shouldn't matter. 

I hope this is good enough so they are able to understand the problem. 

image.png.3541b4d5969a843c70d6104ca920fa94.png

image.png.6ee9b83ab081e1ae93cd10d671e64f03.png

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

3 hours ago, Papusan said:

Put the blame where it should be... On the big IDIOT! Use Google translate 🙂

image.thumb.png.8a63704b2aaab467f970525530fcab7c.png

image.thumb.png.f5c246d6b2d33a469439706d70b4f16e.png

That is a horrible story, indeed. It would be nice for a civil war to erupt and derail his criminal activity in Ukraine.

2 hours ago, Clamibot said:

I'm such a cheapskake and you guys all know it 🤣. I don't know how I balance being so frugal with being a hardware enthusiast. I'm basically subsisting on brother @Mr. Fox's used parts whenever he has some goodies up for sale on the marketplace, and also on any other bones thrown my way through deals I stumble across.

Speaking of goodies, I'll probably have more coming up soon when I stop being lazy and post them. If any of it is of interest to you, give me a shout. See below.

5 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I don't really have any use for this NUC. After doing the initial review and the video I haven't used it, so I'm probably going to sell it. I have two fantastic desktops and a nice enough laptop for business travel, so I can't imagine that it won't just sit and collect dust if I keep it. If anyone is interested in it let me know and I'll put it up in the community marketplace.

I also have a nicely binned 12900KS and 32GB of Hynix DDR5 M-die that I am not using that I can also sell. If anyone is interested in that, I will put that up in the marketplace as well.

2 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Yeah they lasted a good 3hrs overall which is definitely a good sign. Suprim Liquid X drifted in and out of stock a few times too.

Do you have a particular model that catches your fancy?

lol, at least I said I wouldn't be making any decisions till February 2023 so I'm eating just a touch of crow's meat. 🙂

Nothing particular in mind. I am deliberately avoiding comparing pros and cons with any level of seriousness because I am really pretty disgusted with tech in general right now. I do not want my judgment to be clouded with misguided excitement from my investigation of the options. 

EVGA exiting the GPU market also makes me apprehensive that anything I buy will either be a compromised product, have a horrible warranty process, or both. I am not confident that I will ever be enthusiastic to spend the amount it would require to own a 4090 even if EVGA was still in the picture. I don't even want to feel excited about blowing that much money. Of course I really want one. To say the performance interests me would be a huge understatement, and therein lies the problem.

I am seeing reports of issues with people that are having systems that will not POST with 4090 and 4080 cards installed, and I am not interested in that kind of drama. Seems there are some random firmware conflicts. And, I am still not particularly interested in giving up Windows 7, as I haven't reconciled the idea that 4090 performance is enough that I would view it as being an acceptable compromise. Defiance and rejecting the Redmond Retards' efforts to force using their latest trash is a good enough reason for me to want to keep using it. I would want to because of that even if I liked Windows 10/11 because their Nazi approach pisses me off real bad.

Whatever I would choose would need to have a waterblock readily available for it, preferrably from two or more manufacturers.  The one I am most interested in is the Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme AIRO. Optionally, one of the better MSI models, Colorful, PNY or (last choice, but not excluded as an option) a Gigabyte product.

I am least interested in owning anything made by ASUS or ASRock because I do not like what they stand for as companies, or their shoddy warranty processes. I do not want anything that is a hybrid or has a factory waterblock unless it were available at a freakishly weird price, but those seem to be among the most overpriced options. At least one of the liquid cooled options seems to perform poorly compared to most of the air cooled options (can't remember which one now) and that seems inexcusable.

There is a part of me that seriously wants to sell my 3090 KPE, use the money to buy the Acer Arc A770 and put the rest of the money in a savings account. The only reason I haven't already done that is the loss I would take on the 3090 KPE.  If I could sell it for $800 to $1,000 I am not even sure I that would be willing to spend the additional $700 to $1000 difference for a 4090 right now.

Knowing myself, there is a really good chance I will eventually cave in on this. I don't want to and I expect that if I do there will be some regret involved. For all of the above reasons I am making an effort to do nothing at the moment, and as much as I can, resisting the temptation to do any looking because I know that will just make it harder for me to keep a level head.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 3

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

5 hours ago, Raiderman said:

You misspelled stupid/insane/moronic

In case you haven't seen it, please take care about what drivers you use with your new GPU. It would horrible if this happened. The drivers released in December seem to be the issue if I am understanding this correctly.

4 hours ago, ryan said:

stock 160/160

no idea how at one point I broke 9200

Screenshot-11.png

Maybe go back and retrace your steps. See what drivers you were using at the time, and remove any Winduhz Update cancer that has been installed since that date. Drivers or changes to Windoze are the most likely explanations for the degraded performance.

• Thumb Up 4

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

EVGA E1 Frame + Suprim X Liquid + Z690 Dark + Asus AIO

Zy8RTut.jpg

They should have slapped in a new EVGA CLC 360 and 3D printed an EVGA emblem to go over the "SUPRIM" to really bring it home for EVGA.

I like how they replaced the MSI fans with Noctua's too.

• Thumb Up 3

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

15 hours ago, Papusan said:

I still wait for the Strix 4090 OC. I'm on the notify list but how many is in front of me🤔

any particular reason ure aiming for the Strix? at identical prices all around id probably opt for either Suprim X or Strix myself but with current pricing the Strix is just way way WAY overpriced. while not giving anything back performance-wise.

10 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

haha lets see how long it takes to wear down your rational parts 😄 

10 hours ago, ryan said:

this is not good. MSI afterburner Iv'e been using for years if it goes the way of the dodo i'll never buy msi ever again

welp, at least we still have other choices available, plus the platform behind AB (RivaTuner) will continue to be developed. so theres a chance a custom stand-alone tool will come out or maybe another vendor would take over.

im still hoping that EVGA will continue developing their Precision X tool, Ive actually come to prefer it over AB after bro @Mr. FoxFox recommended it (using it with an MSI Suprim X btw, works nicely)

8 hours ago, Clamibot said:

My commentary would be something along the lines of this:

"Whatchu thinkin' fool? 1.7 grand is enough to build yoself one sick rig! Get yo discounted parts on ebay today!"

thats the smart way to do it my friend. and being a hardware enthusiast doesnt necessarily mean u always play around with the latest n greatest, just means u appreciate hardware at another level vs. regular joe 🙂 

6 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Speaking of goodies, I'll probably have more coming up soon when I stop being lazy and post them. If any of it is of interest to you, give me a shout. See below.

sigh, i feel ya... i have roughly 2500€ worth of hardware laying around that i wanna sell off. and plan is STILL to post it here on NBT first. whatever is left over will go on ebay. but that needs time! argh

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

1 hour ago, jaybee83 said:

haha lets see how long it takes to wear down your rational parts 😄 

I have had one in a shopping cart a couple of times. The money causes me to pause, but thinking about the lack of Windows 7 support has been the reason I emptied my cart. That has been enough to keep me from going over the edge so far. It does not help NVIDIA that their only drivers now are DCH feces.

Any tech company that relies on Micro$lop Store to deliver their digital dung is part of the butt-kissing problem and I hope their lack of good judgement measurably harms them to the same degree that it angers me. If I wanted that kind of worthless trash for zombie sheeple on my PC I would run ChromeOS and use Google Play Store. But, I don't want to and I have no respect left for Micro$lop. I would find great pleasure in witnessing their calamity and be glad about their ruin. I'd love to see Apple collapse as well. The world would be a better place without both of them.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

I have had one in a shopping cart a couple of times. The money causes me to pause, but thinking about the lack of Windows 7 support has been the reason I emptied my cart. That has been enough to keep me from going over the edge so far. It does not help NVIDIA that their only drivers now are DCH feces.

Any tech company that relies on Micro$lop Store to deliver their digital dung is part of the butt-kissing problem and I hope their lack of good judgement measurably harms them to the same degree that it angers me. If I wanted that kind of worthless trash for zombie sheeple on my PC I would run ChromeOS and use Google Play Store. But, I don't want to and I have no respect left for Micro$lop. I would find great pleasure in witnessing their calamity and be glad about their ruin. I'd love to see Apple collapse as well. The world would be a better place without both of them.

This is why I ultimately did not go with AMD's latest Gpu. Last generation is good enough, and supports Windows 7. The only hope I have is AMD drivers are open source, and maybe someone can hack compatibility into their latest bloatware/drivers for further support. Ive been on a LTSC laptop for the last 3 years, and had forgotten how much better windows 7 looks, and feels. Everything goes together, you dont have modern app cancer spread throughout the OS.

The settings app, stupid, and ugly, the calendar app. stupid, and ugly.....etc, etc.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 2

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

Latest "screw-you"  customer action, this time from Intel.. 2% 3% more for 200 more bucks..

I think the new trend behind all pc parts manufacturers (AMD Intel Nvidia)  is now a race who can screw the enduser  more! 🤑

• Thumb Up 3
  • Sad 6

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

happens without competition and i suppose with to a lesser extent. they are not trying to make friends just money.

• Thumb Up 3

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, cylix said:

Latest "screw-you"  customer action, this time from Intel.. 2% 3% more for 200 more bucks..

I think the new trend behind all pc parts manufacturers (AMD Intel Nvidia)  is now a race who can screw the enduser  more! 🤑

You know that 'extra' five minutes of Special binning cost Intel money. It's 6GHZZZZ OUTDABOX!

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 5
  • Bump 1

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

23 minutes ago, Rage Set said:

You know that 'extra' five minutes of Special binning cost Intel money. It's 6GHZZZZ OUTDABOX!

Rest assured there will be people happy to buy this CPU, especially if they expect this to be a better binned population (which may or may not actually be the case). The product has been designed to collect the extra premium from those customers, while most people will just scratch their heads looking at this offering. It's kind of like a weird collectors edition Bluray - essentially the same movie, but nice box for $50-100 extra, and not much else really. No poster or anything. 

As a moderate Intel fan, I won't be reading any of the necessarily hurtful reviews of the product lol

• Thumb Up 3

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

1 hour ago, cylix said:

13900KS is only $699.99 MSRP. I think it’s like $60 more dollars.

• Thumb Up 3

13900KF

13 hours ago, Papusan said:

LOOOL. AMD will offer an fully locked down Ryzen Zen4 8P & 8E-core CPU on Valentine's day, LOOOL

From 16:05 

Edit: I'll now see how good Zotac tech support works. To see if they stand behind their products. New or older shouldn't matter. 

I hope this is good enough so they are able to understand the problem. 

image.png.3541b4d5969a843c70d6104ca920fa94.png

image.png.6ee9b83ab081e1ae93cd10d671e64f03.png

Zotac support was fast. But they don't stand behind their products. Nvidia can do whatever they want. If you have previous gen gaming flagship you'll never know how it perform tomorrow. Imagine 4090 will be crippled in equal way to try sell next gen models. It may not play well in 4K but 1440P or in worst case 1080P with flying FPS and you'll benefits from the latest drivers for games that need newest drivers. Zotac think 980 Ti is useless for gaming with newest games that need driver optimazion from newest drivers. Yep, nvidia can cripple your nice/sweet +2000$ cards tomorrow if they wanted. 

And it seems pidge2k@ManuelGuzman (Nvidia support manager) avoid my PM. He have probably done his due dilligence and searched after my latest thread/posts about nvidia's disgusting new move. Next move will be posting a thread on Nvidia's own forum. But first I will reply back to Zotac support and ask why my GTX 980 Ti can't be useable in newer games with mid/low settings in 1080P. Aka gamers that will benefits from drivers newer than the 1 year old drivers that allow me to tune my 900 series nvidia "flagship" graphics card. Flagship have lost its meaning! Only a moniker to increase teh price point up to heaven.

image.png.666ad33d357ba8ef543eab029d902967.png

6 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

any particular reason ure aiming for the Strix? at identical prices all around id probably opt for either Suprim X or Strix myself but with current pricing the Strix is just way way WAY overpriced. while not giving anything back performance-wise.

One of many reasons above (brands value). And why MSI never used a 600w vbios for their Water cooled flagship cards just show how retarded they are. I have neever been keen in MSI. And the price difference isn't very big. And I wasn't impressed with the Liquid X either. Aka my same experience as with previous gen MSI cards. I still think Asus offer a bit more than the others. I always look on it in a historical picture. And aftermarket value.

The only cards I really wanted from MSI was their "Lighning" graphics cards. 

Edit. For the records... The Zotac 4090 boat is often more expensive when they drop into the shops here. And this card have a lower MSRP in first place.

DIRECT DIE COOLING FOR THE INTEL 12TH AND 13TH-GEN CORE SERIES CPUS
EK®, the premium liquid cooling hardware manufacturer, is launching the Direct Die product series aimed at delidding and achieving the ultimate cooling of the LGA 1700 socket-based Intel® CPUs from the 12th generation Alder Lake and 13th gen Raptor Lake families.

EK-Quantum Velocity² Direct Die D-RGB – 1700 Limited Edition 349.90€ = $379.66
EK-Quantum Velocity² IHS Removal Tool – 1700 74.90€ = $81.27
EK-Quantum Velocity² Direct Die D-RGB – 1700 Nickel + Plexi 199.90€ = $216.87
EK-Quantum Velocity² Direct Die – 1700 Upgrade Kit 109.90€ = $119.23

If you live in a tax hell. Add minimum +25% on top.

• Thumb Up 2

13 minutes ago, Papusan said:

DIRECT DIE COOLING FOR THE INTEL 12TH AND 13TH-GEN CORE SERIES CPUS

It was a long wait since KitGuru started talking about it, but I was finally able to pre-order one.

• Thumb Up 3

8 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

It was a long wait since KitGuru started talking about it, but I was finally able to pre-order one.

I hope the results is better than the pre-production units. But I have my doubts until the opposite is showed. Todays tech isn't as good as you think it is. Often due cost cutting or bad engineering. EK needed 3rd gen socket 1700 chips to make it. And thats too bad for a well known cooling HW manufacturer as EK is.

• Thumb Up 3

4 hours ago, cylix said:

2 hours ago, Rage Set said:

2 hours ago, Etern4l said:

Rest assured there will be people happy to buy this CPU, especially if they expect this to be a better binned population (which may or may not actually be the case). The product has been designed to collect the extra premium from those customers, while most people will just scratch their heads looking at this offering. It's kind of like a weird collectors edition Bluray - essentially the same movie, but nice box for $50-100 extra, and not much else really. No poster or anything. 

As a moderate Intel fan, I won't be reading any of the necessarily hurtful reviews of the product lol

In Intel's defense these are just on average better binned 13900k chips and everyone knows it. There are chances a 13900k will be better or close enough as is but if you're looking for a better chance at a binned specimen out of the box this is the premium you pay.

When I binned some 12900k chips and settled on my SP91 I ended up picking up a 12900ks that was a SP94 and while it was overall a better chip they both ran into thermal walls at 5.4 on my AIO and I ended up selling it to my bud versus return it. It wasn't worth the premium to me and it overall provided my setup x1 bin overall.

But if you're looking for the "best of the best," a few 13900ks chips will rise to the top when all is said and done that will end up trumping the "best of the best" 13900k chips too unless you end up with a few choice samples (or examples) from the likes of Sugi and company that always end up with the dream chips.

I skipped 13900k. I'm contemplating a 13900ks but I feel I might skip that too. We'll see.

• Thumb Up 5
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

44 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

In Intel's defense these are just on average better binned 13900k chips and everyone knows it. There are chances a 13900k will be better or close enough as is but if you're looking for a better chance at a binned specimen out of the box this is the premium you pay.

When I binned some 12900k chips and settled on my SP91 I ended up picking up a 12900ks that was a SP94 and while it was overall a better chip they both ran into thermal walls at 5.4 on my AIO and I ended up selling it to my bud versus return it. It wasn't worth the premium to me and it overall provided my setup x1 bin overall.

But if you're looking for the "best of the best," a few 13900ks chips will rise to the top when all is said and done that will end up trumping the "best of the best" 13900k chips too unless you end up with a few choice samples (or examples) from the likes of Sugi and company that always end up with the dream chips.

I skipped 13900k. I'm contemplating a 13900ks but I feel I might skip that too. We'll see.

When all is said and done,  I'm feeling zero urge to upgrade from K. +100Mhz for crying out loud ... Coming from 12gen or earlier would be different, especially if street prices are closer. 

In general this whole "collectors' edition coming in a few mnthsl time" selling tactics both Nvidia and Intel use is pretty scummy. What are they trying to do? Penalise early adopters? Induce dpuble purchase? 

• Thumb Up 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Bump 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity