NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

OIC I thought using characters was ok. please dont delete this one @Reciever its really annoying and even the stiffler CPJ wouldnt delete or mod it.. each to their own I was under the impression we are all adults and can expose ourselves to explicit words. sorry.

stock

Screenshot-13.png

overclocked

Screenshot-16.png

no idea why im scoring so low. my old record exceeded 9200 gpu and 9300 overall..any help would be appreciated

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

My chip is a total DUD. I've been testing it for the last couple of hours and this thing is pure trash compared to my 13900K. Of course I got a really decent "K" sample at P SP115. 

This chip overall is SP104, of course no idea if those are 100% comparable but the more I test I actually think it it might be. At first I didn't think so because I am able to pass 56x CB23 at vmin 1.128 which my 13900K passed at 55x, but my 13900K did this stable. Once I put the 13900KS under a 10min test it failed eventually, sometimes within a few min to sometimes towards end of test. Even then I heavily reduced the undervolt and same thing which is something I've never seen. I think it has to do with the temps going up and causing more instability. Super odd. 

Y-Cruncher at stock voltage stock clocks manages to crash! It hits 100c under my 420mm AIO, pulls 360w and crashes the test lol. Of course this is unlimited power, but still, something I've never seen. My 13900k can pass this test no problem at above stated voltages. I think it's going back to MC and I'll swap for a different chip or just return it all together. 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Sad 4
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

56 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

What are they trying to do? Penalise early adopters? Induce dpuble purchase? 

Yes. Straight from the NVIDA playbook of dirty, rotten tricks like 3090 Ti.

40 minutes ago, ryan said:

no idea why im scoring so low. my old record exceeded 9200 gpu and 9300 overall..any help would be appreciated

Did you follow up on my previous post? Look at your unmatchable high score. Note the date and what NVIDIA driver was used. Go back to that NVIDIA driver and re-test. If still low, refer to the date and remove all Windows Updates installed since then, and retest. 

Bear in mind, 3DMark is known for being buggy. Sometimes you will get a high score than neither you nor anyone else can match because the test run with the high score glitched out.

Firestrike, for example, is notorious for having horrible results in the combined test (last test in the sequence) if you are using the wrong NVIDIA driver. Even with the same driver, you can reboot and rerun the test and the combined score can be much higher. The combined test result will have a major impact on the overall score as well.

• Thumb Up 3

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

40 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

When all is said and done,  I'm feeling zero urge to upgrade from K. +100Mhz for crying out loud ... Coming from 12gen or earlier would be different, especially if street prices are closer. 

In general this whole "collectors' edition coming in a few mnthsl time" selling tactics both Nvidia and Intel use is pretty scummy. What are they trying to do? Penalise early adopters? Induce dpuble purchase? 

I'd posit that if you have even 12th gen, 13th gen is nearly a non-starter unless you really need multi threaded.

When I am shopping for...well...anything, I always keep the mindset of the upsell, what do I need and in the end for profit entities are here exactly for that...maximum profit at all costs. Intel is no more your friend than AMD, Nvidia, Google or Apple. Their objective is to make money.

8 minutes ago, Talon said:

My chip is a total DUD. I've been testing it for the last couple of hours and this thing is pure trash compared to my 13900K. Of course I got a really decent "K" sample at P SP115. 

This chip overall is SP104, of course no idea if those are 100% comparable but the more I test I actually think it it might be. At first I didn't think so because I am able to pass 56x CB23 at vmin 1.128 which my 13900K passed at 55x, but my 13900K did this stable. Once I put the 13900KS under a 10min test it failed eventually, sometimes within a few min to sometimes towards end of test. Even then I heavily reduced the undervolt and same thing which is something I've never seen. I think it has to do with the temps going up and causing more instability. Super odd. 

Y-Cruncher at stock voltage stock clocks manages to crash! It hits 100c under my 420mm AIO, pulls 360w and crashes the test lol. Of course this is unlimited power, but still, something I've never seen. My 13900k can pass this test no problem at above stated voltages. I think it's going back to MC and I'll swap for a different chip or just return it all together. 

The curse of the 12900ks strikes again just hotter and heavier this time around.....

• Thumb Up 6

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

49 minutes ago, ryan said:

28 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Did you follow up on my previous post? Look at your unmatchable high score. Note the date and what NVIDIA driver was used. Go back to that NVIDIA driver and re-test. If still low, refer to the date and remove all Windows Updates installed since then, and retest. 

Even better. Make a dual OS setup and test a couple of OS builds. @ryan need only 60GB for a second OS partition. 

Techpowerup have several 3DMark Suite versions for downloads. Click show older versions... Test with several versions (check date for your best scores and see if you find a version that match that date).

Edit. You can even do that with your current OS (try with different 3Dmark versions). Same for Nvidia drivers.

image.png.32029060fc5582627708b0a76aff5919.png

Futuremark 3DMark for Windows /Techpowerup

• Thumb Up 4

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

11 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Even better. Make a dual OS setup and test a couple of OS builds. @ryan need only 60GB for a second OS partition. 

Techpowerup have several 3DMark Suite versions for downloads. Click show older versions...

Futuremark 3DMark for Windows

Yes. The point being is that the problem is probably driver and Windows and/or 3DMark version. Scores go up and down and things change, and it is rare that scores ever improve with 3DMark version updates. It is also rare that performance improves as the Redmond Retards update their trash OS. Things almost always decline. Sometimes scores can improve with NVIDIA driver version changes, but almost never does 3DMark or Windows performamce get better after an update. More often than not, Windows Updates actually impair performance and recovery from the performance loss is rare, if not outright impossible.

Like everything else, newer is always better newer. It is not a coincidence that it rhymes with manure.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

42 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Yes. The point being is that the problem is probably driver and Windows and/or 3DMark version. Scores go up and down and things change, and it is rare that scores ever improve with 3DMark version updates. It is also rare that performance improves as the Redmond Retards update their trash OS. Things almost always decline. Sometimes scores can improve with NVIDIA driver version changes, but almost never does 3DMark or Windows performamce get better after an update. More often than not, Windows Updates actually impair performance and recovery from the performance loss is rare, if not outright impossible.

Like everything else, newer is always better newer. It is not a coincidence that it rhymes with manure.

I cheched my older downloads. The Firestorm OC software that the support suggested... I have already tried that version. And yep, same outcome. New has to be better? Screw you Nvidia and Zotac. Nvidia for crippling own products and Zotac for washing their hands

image.png.11818f11bd42d67e9b486f05cb3834b6.png

'Pilate Washing his Hands'

With the response I got from Zotac.... Just dream that I'll spend my money on a Zotac boat. Or any other new cards they will throw out. Can't blacklist Nvidia... Because their competitors sucks even more. Destroying own previous generation cards for more profits (try sell on you new products) is darn disgusting.  

3 hours ago, Papusan said:

Zotac support was fast. But they don't stand behind their products. Nvidia can do whatever they want.

image.png.666ad33d357ba8ef543eab029d902967.png

One of many reasons above (brands value). And why MSI never used a 600w vbios for their Water cooled flagship cards just show how retarded they are. I have neever been keen in MSI. And the price difference isn't very big. And I wasn't impressed with the Liquid X either. Aka my same experience as with previous gen MSI cards. I still think Asus offer a bit more than the others. I always look on it in a historical picture. And aftermarket value.

The only cards I really wanted from MSI was their "Lighning" graphics cards. 

Edit. For the records... The Zotac 4090 boat is often more expensive when they drop into the shops here. And this card have a lower MSRP in first place.

DIRECT DIE COOLING FOR THE INTEL 12TH AND 13TH-GEN CORE SERIES CPUS
EK®, the premium liquid cooling hardware manufacturer, is launching the Direct Die product series aimed at delidding and achieving the ultimate cooling of the LGA 1700 socket-based Intel® CPUs from the 12th generation Alder Lake and 13th gen Raptor Lake families.

EK-Quantum Velocity² Direct Die D-RGB – 1700 Limited Edition 349.90€ = $379.66
EK-Quantum Velocity² IHS Removal Tool – 1700 74.90€ = $81.27
EK-Quantum Velocity² Direct Die D-RGB – 1700 Nickel + Plexi 199.90€ = $216.87
EK-Quantum Velocity² Direct Die – 1700 Upgrade Kit 109.90€ = $119.23

If you live in a tax hell. Add minimum +25% on top.

16 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Whatever I would choose would need to have a waterblock readily available for it, preferrably from two or more manufacturers.  The one I am most interested in is the Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme AIRO. Optionally, one of the better MSI models, Colorful, PNY or (last choice, but not excluded as an option) a Gigabyte product.

My honest talk about Zotac. Just look above. No thanks. Save your hard earned money for something different my old friend. 

• Thumb Up 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

I cheched my older downloads. The Firestorm OC software that the support suggested... I have already tried that version. And yep, same outcome. New has to be better? Screw you Nvidia and Zotac. Nvidia for crippling own products and Zotac for washing their hands

image.png.11818f11bd42d67e9b486f05cb3834b6.png

'Pilate Washing his Hands'

With the response I got from Zotac.... Just dream that I'll spend my money on a Zotac boat. Or any other new cards they will throw out. Can't blacklist Nvidia... Because their competitors sucks even more.

To be fair, I would not expect a better response from any of the other vendors. NVIDIA is at fault for it. It affects all brands, correct? Remember all of the problems a long time ago with clock-blocking and the way they ruined 780M SLI performance? It is likely that nobody has the ability fix it except for NVIDIA because it was their cancer driver.

What would have been an appropriate response from Zotac is "Thank you for alerting us. We are sorry this has happened. We will see if we can confirm the problem in our product support team and reach out to NVIDIA to have the problem corrected." But, I doubt ASUS, MSI, Gigabutt or any other brand would do that. None of them give a rat's butt about end users. EVGA might have, but now they are out of the picture.

I agree the example of Pontius Pilate is fitting here.

Sadly, NVIDIA does do whatever NVIDIA wants. They do not care about end users, their AIB "partners" or any of their products that are not current generation. That is one reason why EVGA is no longer in the GPU business.

And, in other news, AMD drivers are killing 6000-series Radeon cards. What a wonderful slice of heaven we have in PC tech today.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ryan said:

OIC I thought using characters was ok. please dont delete this one @Reciever its really annoying and even the stiffler CPJ wouldnt delete or mod it.. each to their own I was under the impression we are all adults and can expose ourselves to explicit words. sorry.

stock

Screenshot-13.png

overclocked

Screenshot-16.png

If I remove details that skirt the rules to keep your post intact and find the redacted bits returned I will default to the efficient solution. 

• Thumb Up 1

55 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

To be fair, I would not expect a better response from any of the other vendors. NVIDIA is at fault for it. It affects all brands, correct? Remember all of the problems a long time ago with clock-blocking and the way they ruined 780M SLI performance? It is likely that nobody has the ability fix it except for NVIDIA because it was their cancer driver.

Yep, to an level. But at least EVGA, ASUS and MSI have a bigger part of the enthusiasts. This will make a bigger pressure on them to find a fix.

Due high pressure... Nvidia had to back track the clock block in the drivers for JOKEBOOKS.

What would have been an appropriate response from Zotac is "Thank you for alerting us. We are sorry this has happened. We will see if we can confirm the problem in our product development team and reach out to NVIDIA to have the problem corrected." But, I doubt ASUS, MSI, Gigabutt or any other brand would do that. None of them give a rat's butt about end users. EVGA might have, but now they are out of the picture.

Yes, bro Fox. Say the cards don't benefits from newest drivers for newer/coming games is just pure stupid. This to "don't bother" help own customers. And as I said... 980 Ti have still driver support from Nvidia and still is ok'ish for 1080p if you lower the eye candy settings that fits your need. 

No benefits from newer drivers may be correct most of the time, but this is not a good enough excuse to say you are...... Now you are alone (on your own) and we can't help you.

I agree the example of Pontius Pilate is fitting here.

Yep, I couldn't find something other that fits better.

• Thumb Up 3

2 minutes ago, Papusan said:

No benefits from newer drivers may be correct most of the time, but this is not a good enough excuse to say you are are... nNw you are alone and we can't help.

The part they are missing is the complaint is not about "no benefit" but actually harm to the functionality of the 980 Ti. That is different than "no benefit" to older GPUs.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

It was a long wait since KitGuru started talking about it, but I was finally able to pre-order one.

3 hours ago, Papusan said:

I hope the results is better than the pre-production units. But I have my doubts until the opposite is showed. Todays tech isn't as good as you think it is. Often due cost cutting or bad engineering. EK needed 3rd gen socket 1700 chips to make it. And thats too bad for a well known cooling HW manufacturer as EK is.

This video was just posted today. They use the direct die kit. I am watching it now to see if it shows anything in terms of results. The early prototypes from 6 months ago that we saw on KitGuru had a way to go before being ready for prime time. Their new delid kit looks better than Rockit Cool. Man, what an ugly looking case.

Edit: No results on cooling, just a build video for the kiddos.

Edited by Mr. Fox
no cooling results in video
  • Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I've been doing some firestrike runs on this current system, not the one in my sig, but my 3900x, 6600xt, b350 board, and slow 2800mhz ddr4. I was trying to compare to the last system I had in early 2000, which was a 3900x, radeon vii, x570 board, and oc'ed ram at 3600mhz. I've been consistently getting better combined scores with the system I have now. A difference of 500 points between the two. Although my graphics score was lower with the 6600xt. Stange that I'm getting a better combined score on inferior hardware. Newer 3dmark version?

• Thumb Up 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

For those interested, it seems Der8auer is testing a prototype direct die kit for Ryzen 7000 series cpu's.

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7000-cpu-direct-die-cooling-can-offer-up-to-20c-lower-temps-ihs-hot-spots-temps-analyzed/

Article is dated September 2022, maybe it has already been discussed.

direct die.jpg

• Thumb Up 4

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

Microsoft is setting the sun on Windows 7 and 8.1,

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/end-of-support?r=1

It is official now that Windows 7 ESU is no longer being extended anymore that marks it end of an era. The day they announced Windows 11, I knew that ESU won't be updated. I posted some notes on this in the OS forum, linking that below.

Possibly today's hardware might be the last to have some kind of support for this legendary OS called Windows 7.

Some info from MDL on the last good Updatepack7R2 for the best stable Windows 7 updated installation onto your machine.

Good bye to one of the best Operating Systems ever designed and made, it will forever live on in our machines and our hearts for providing a real interface for humans in the modern world of civilization. It is a shame that we cannot rewind the clock anymore for this OS and the future will never appreciate Operating Systems like Win7 nor the UI of that beautiful OS.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1
  • Sad 1

Helios (WIP)

i9 10900K // Trident Z Royal C16 4000MHz B-Die 32GB // ASUS Maximus XIII APEX // Noctua DH15 Chromax // RTX3090Ti FE // Alienware 360Hz G-Sync Ultimate IPS FHD // Seasonic Prime TX 1000 Titanium // Fractal Meshify 2XL

Ethereal Ranger

Alienware 17 R1 // i7 4710MQ // 16GB DDR3L 2133MHz // 980M 860M loaner // Windows 8.1

Edited 2 hours ago by Mr. Fox
no cooling results in video

Intel 12900K Delid and Direct Die Cooling with EKWB (Pt.1)
https://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/james-dawson/intel-12900k-delid-and-direct-die-cooling-with-ekwb-pt-1/

Intel 12900K Delid and Direct Die Cooling with EKWB (Update)

https://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/james-dawson/intel-12900k-delid-and-direct-die-cooling-with-ekwb-update/

This doesn't bode well. I wonder how much they could fine tune the cooling performance with almost same parts.

image.thumb.png.8092a9173ca12d7237903ac697ead099.png 

Edit: No results on cooling, just a build video for the kiddos.

Yep, the video was almost wasted to look at. Most of the time we look on a Apple white box with some ugly pastel blue details. What a nice way to promote new cooling products.

• Thumb Up 2

2 hours ago, Raiderman said:

I've been doing some firestrike runs on this current system, not the one in my sig, but my 3900x, 6600xt, b350 board, and slow 2800mhz ddr4. I was trying to compare to the last system I had in early 2000, which was a 3900x, radeon vii, x570 board, and oc'ed ram at 3600mhz. I've been consistently getting better combined scores with the system I have now. A difference of 500 points between the two. Although my graphics score was lower with the 6600xt. Stange that I'm getting a better combined score on inferior hardware. Newer 3dmark version?

Newer versions of 3DMark are screw up and results over time are unreliable because they change too much between versions. It is no longer a good benchmark tool due to its flaws.

38 minutes ago, Papusan said:

This doesn't bode well. I wonder how much they could tune the performance with almost same parts...

That second "update" video was from 5 months ago when the product was a work-in-process beta prototype that did not fit properly. So, I do not think we can put much weight on it. Even so, the temps shown here after sanding down the frame are better than I saw with 12900K with the first (flawed) version of the SuperCool direct die block.

If I remember correctly, in that video they were using BIOS defaults, which would be far too much voltage and cause the CPU to run crazy hot. BIOS defaults voltage is always way too high. Both of my Z690 Strix and my Dark motherboard apply over 100mV too much with BIOS defaults appled.

If it is no good I will demand a refund for selling a defective product. But, I expect it will be good, and better than with an IHS. I do not believe EKWB would release it if it is not properly functioning. It would be harmful to their reputation. But, we will find out in 5 or 6 weeks when I get it.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

22 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

That video was from 5 months ago when the product was a work-in-process prototype that did not fit properly. So, I do not think we can put much weight on it. Even so, the temps shown here after sanding down the frame are better than I saw with 12900K with the first (flawed) version of the SuperCool direct die block.

If I remember correctly, in that video they were using BIOS defaults, which would be far too much voltage and cause the CPU to run crazy hot. BIOS defaults voltage is always way too high.

If it is no good I will demand a refund for selling a defective product. But, I expect it will be good, and better than with an IHS. I do not believe EKWB would release it if it is not properly functioning. It would be harmful to their reputation. But, we will find out in 5 or 6 weeks when I get it.

Yep, I expect improvements. Regarding they use bios default for 12900K hence high temps the 13900K will run at higher watttage anyway🙂 The big question will be... How much will the direct die cooler provide vs... standard delidde and liquid metal. Theyt can claim better results. But not because of the new Direct die cooler😎 

Me sceptical before the opposite be shown. And why not post results now?

• Thumb Up 2

8 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Yep, I expect improvements. Regarding they use bios default for 12900K hence high temps the 13900K will run at higher watttage anyway🙂 The big question will be... How much will the direct die cooler provide vs... standard delidde and liquid metal. Theyt can claim better results. But not because of the new Direct die cooler😎 

We will find out after I get it because I am running a delid with liquid metal on both sides of the IHS right now. My temperatures are higher than they showed in the video, but it's not a good comparison because they were using the default voltage and causing the CPU to overheat. The video is worthless from a technical perspective. It was poorly executed. But, it is interesting to see what they were working on. I think the video was not a good thing to release for a beta product because it shows results that may not be an accurate reflection of the final product. Viewers may form opinions based on flawed or inaccurate information.

Since it just now became available for pre-order we may see some reviews by Roman or Jay before I get mine.

• Thumb Up 3

52 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

We will find out after I get it because I am running a delid with liquid metal on both sides of the IHS right now. My temperatures are higher than they showed in the video, but it's not a good comparison because they were using the default voltage and causing the CPU to overheat. The video is worthless from a technical perspective. It was poorly executed.

You saw the package power? He managed go down from 225w and +90C to sub 208W after the shaving and still +80C. I tested my sons setup with the 12900K... Around 80C with 280W load. And this with not the best wb as Alphacool XPX and fans tuned for less noise in the bios. He run default speed and the Cpu will never come above 65C in CBR-23 stress test. In games the Cpu max out around 52C. But the Cpu normally run well below 50C for his gaming. The Gpu is worse... In the small mid chassis the Gpu will run at around 65C due the heat dumped from the front rad. The pay of for the small form factor 🙂

+80C with 210W load is awful if he run with liquid metal and direct die regarless if the WB finish isn't finished. A undevolt to lower power below 210W would only cover the problem. 

• Thumb Up 2

57 minutes ago, Papusan said:

You saw the package power? He managed go down from 225w and +90C to sub 208W after the shaving and still +80C. I tested my sons setup with the 12900K... Around 80C with 280W load. And this with not the best wb as Alphacool XPX and fans tuned for less noise in the bios. He run default speed and the Cpu will never come above 65C in CBR-23 stress test. In games the Cpu max out around 52C. But the Cpu normally run well below 50C for his gaming. The Gpu is worse... In the small mid chassis the Gpu will run at around 65C due the heat dumped from the front rad. The pay of for the small form factor 🙂

+80C with 210W load is awful if he run with liquid metal and direct die regarless if the WB finish isn't finished. A undevolt to lower power below 210W would only cover the problem. 

Right, but it was obvious that the parts did not fit together correctly and it was a rough prototype barely under development. Hopefully, it will be turning out good, but it would be kind of wrong to believe that initial concept prototype shown in that video is the same result as the final product 5 months later. He was sanding it on a belt sander to try to get it to fit and I can't believe that they would sell a product like that and place their brand reputation in such jeopardy that way.

At least they took an extra 5 months time to get it right before sending it to production. I wish SuperCool would have done that instead of sending me a piece of garbage.

Anyway, we will find out together and if it is trash I will demand a refund or place a dispute with my credit card if they refuse.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 12:16 AM, Papusan said:

Its all about QC and QM. And AMD have failed 3 times in a row the last 2 months (Bad drivers, flawed/defective heatsink and the last one was bad firmware). Now the 4th problem with dying cards.

Vapor gate and failure of the entire quality management? Background to the cooler problem of the AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX (MBA)

January 10, 2023

34 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Right, but it was obvious that the parts did not fit together correctly and it was a rough prototype barely under development. Hopefully, it will be turning out good, but it would be kind of wrong to believe that initial concept prototype shown in that video is the same result as the final product 5 months later. He was sanding it on a belt sander to try to get it to fit and I can't believe that they would sell a product like that and place their brand reputation in such jeopardy that way.

At least they took an extra 5 months time to get it right before sending it to production. I wish SuperCool would have done that instead of sending me a piece of garbage.

Anyway, we will find out together and if it is trash I will demand a refund or place a dispute with my credit card if they refuse.

If they follow AMD, then you never know how their QC and QM will pan out😁

Once again AMD screw up. This time a QC problem in their sales/marketing department, LOOL

RYZEN-7000X3D-RELEASE-DATE-768x511.png

A heartbreaking mistake, AMD now says Ryzen 7000X3D is not launching on February 14th
https://videocardz.com/newz/a-heartbreaking-mistake-amd-now-says-ryzen-7000x3d-is-not-launching-on-february-14th

image.png.654c74ce9c6d56ccaaa819b734324e3d.png

image.png.31787090a8a4a3d4c9273ad51290fb47.png

Sorry, but my trust in today's tech is lowering and on same level as what they provide/offer you. More as a downwards spiral that never stop.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Papusan said:

If they follow AMD, then you never know how their QC and QM will pan out😁

Once again AMD screw up. This time a QC problem in thei sales department, LOOL

A heartbreaking mistake, AMD now says Ryzen 7000X3D is not launching on February 14th
https://videocardz.com/newz/a-heartbreaking-mistake-amd-now-says-ryzen-7000x3d-is-not-launching-on-february-14th

image.png.654c74ce9c6d56ccaaa819b734324e3d.png

Time will tell. Almost everything sucks now. It is nice when we discover an exception and it doesn't suck. If it works as it should it will be a nice cooling upgrade.

If it works correctly it will be a helluva lot better than the SuperCool design that requires taking special steps to avoid dumping water on your motherboard. 

The 7000X3D not launching on Valentine's Day is a gift. It would be cruel to release a crippled CPU on a day where you should be honoring the people that love you.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Time will tell. Almost everything sucks now. It is nice when we discover an exception and it doesn't suck. If it works as it should it will be a nice cooling upgrade.

Me..... thinking about todays and tomorrows techCIGAR.gif.a9cd1c73e33b5939142af4f2386f321d.gifCIGAR.gif.a9cd1c73e33b5939142af4f2386f321d.gifCIGAR.gif.a9cd1c73e33b5939142af4f2386f321d.gif

Crystal Ball Illustration GIF by Parker Jackson

Me..... hoping for changes....CIGAR.gif.a9cd1c73e33b5939142af4f2386f321d.gifCIGAR.gif.a9cd1c73e33b5939142af4f2386f321d.gifCIGAR.gif.a9cd1c73e33b5939142af4f2386f321d.gif

1434014725_IMSTILLWAITING!!!.PNG.0248c4bcff3033a04932c8cd7d5f998b.PNG

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Thumb Up 3