NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

28 minutes ago, Rage Set said:

Should I stop doing this?

YES! this can be intimidating for people who don't carry firearm or around them, female 100% would find this intimidating,
instead id suggest for both yours and whoever it is safety to meet at the nearest police station for the transaction. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

the impossible is not impossible, its just haven't been done yet.

1 hour ago, Rage Set said:

An interesting story and a question for you all.

I had someone message me on FB Marketplace about a GPU I have for sale. I noticed the profile was completely sparse. Interesting. The person haggled per normal but we agreed on a price. He asked about meeting in a city between him and I (he supposedly lives in Mass.). I told him I normally deal in the surrounding cities because I only meet near Police stations and I notify the police dept of the city I am heading to ahead of time to let them know I am legally armed and I will be in their city (this protects me in several ways in this very leftist state). His messaging tone changed. 

I told him I could meet him in a different city (ten minutes away from the city he suggested). He quickly changed his mind. He told me it was too far and he's now going to be pressed for time after work. Strange.

I do tell all of my potential in-person buyers that I am armed. I rather they know ahead of time before seeing me in person with my holstered weapon. Should I stop doing this? Telling buyers that I am armed? If you were going to meet with someone to buy something from them and they openly told you they were legally armed, would that cause you to cancel the transaction?

I could understand that some people may not like the idea of meeting up with some random person and being told that the person you will be exchanging goods with is armed, especially in a leftist state.

However, I think it's completely reasonable for you to be armed and let the buyer (or seller if you ever buy from marketplace) know that you are. It adds a layer of transparency and in my mind, would make the transaction and the general meetup/sale more safe. If I were you, I would continue doing this unless you see a significant decrease in potential buyers after letting them know you are legally armed.

This is just my 2 cents and others may have better advice, (@MyPC8MyBrain has a good point).

• Thumb Up 3

Clevo P870TM-G: Core i7 8700k @ 4.8ghz | Clevo GTX 1080 | 32gb HyperX DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 17" 1440p 120hz B173QTN01.0 Screen | 256gb Samsung 850 EVO | 500gb WD Blue SSD | 1tb Samsung 870 QVO | 2tb Seagate 5400rpm HDD | Prema BIOS

Alienware 17 R1: Core i7 4710mq @ 3.619ghz 741 CBR15 (834 CBR15 @ 4.213ghz) | Dell GTX 860m | 16gb HyperX DDR3L @ 2133mhz | 17" 3D 120hz LTN173HT02-T01 Screen | 256gb mSATA SSD

Asus Zephyrus G14: Ryzen 7 4800hs @ 4.2ghz | GTX 1650 | 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 14" 120hz LM140LF1F01 Screen | 512gb NVME SSD

lol//just lol....Im armed can I buy that pepsi..just making sure I get the pop. wouldn't want anything bad to happen...click click... I live in canada and its a different world here. I cant imagine showing up to trade pokemon and carrying a gun

• Haha 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

21 hours ago, Papusan said:

😀 Bro Fox, ready for the new "bright" future

iCUE Murals Lighting grants you the ability to extend your RGB light show beyond your desktop, filling your entire room in radiant disgusting RGB. Thanks to partnerships with smart lighting ecosystems such as Philips Hue and Nanoleaf, you can control your gamer-boy/girl room’s wall panels, smart light bulbs, and more in iCUE – and when combined with Murals, your system, ambient lighting, and walls are set aglow in a multi-dimensional lightscape of color and effects.

With such unlimited lighting customization options now available on your RGB palette, you can color your world with CORSAIR iCUE Murals Lighting. To download the latest version of iCUE with Murals Lighting, please visit CORSAIR.com

80984282_PUKEGREEN.gif.2c29713e0cd6df592e8eca7b98ff8d82.gif80984282_PUKEGREEN.gif.2c29713e0cd6df592e8eca7b98ff8d82.gif80984282_PUKEGREEN.gif.2c29713e0cd6df592e8eca7b98ff8d82.gif80984282_PUKEGREEN.gif.2c29713e0cd6df592e8eca7b98ff8d82.gif80984282_PUKEGREEN.gif.2c29713e0cd6df592e8eca7b98ff8d82.gif80984282_PUKEGREEN.gif.2c29713e0cd6df592e8eca7b98ff8d82.gif80984282_PUKEGREEN.gif.2c29713e0cd6df592e8eca7b98ff8d82.gif80984282_PUKEGREEN.gif.2c29713e0cd6df592e8eca7b98ff8d82.gif80984282_PUKEGREEN.gif.2c29713e0cd6df592e8eca7b98ff8d82.gif80984282_PUKEGREEN.gif.2c29713e0cd6df592e8eca7b98ff8d82.gif80984282_PUKEGREEN.gif.2c29713e0cd6df592e8eca7b98ff8d82.gif

CORSAIR Launches iCUE Murals Lighting, a State-of-the-Art RGB Customization Software

Better spend less money and go with Sugar graphics card from AMD's partners? A hell lot cheaper. Only $1200 USD brother... Or $600 price premium over what its worth. I take that $2000 card any day 🙂

YESTON-NEWEGG.jpg

https://videocardz.com/newz/yeston-radeon-rx-7900-xt-sakura-to-launch-on-february-22nd-in-the-us

When you thought enough is enough. Microsoft is ready to jump on the bling bling trend as well. Be you sure... This won't become any different than the buggy proprietary software you already find from most brands of bling bling. What's next? Develope a fancy universial OC tool/app for Cpu or/and GPU's ? This is getting out of hands.

Edit. In videocardz.com/comments. Spot on....

image.thumb.png.622344407e1654c6b95b05a22ab63872.png

Windows could soon control your RGB accessories natively

A sneak peek at the latest Windows 11 developer build shows RGB controls for keyboards, mice, and other gadgets...

Windows 11 build 25295 is a pretty major jump forward, according to the release notes. We might have to wait until the yearly update sometime in the latter half of 2023 to see most of its changes. And to be honest, it’s a bit of a coin flip as to whether Microsoft will actually keep this feature around — I suspect it will hinge on how many accessory manufacturers it can convince to conform to the standard. But the dream of a universal controller for a half-dozen rainbow accessories remains alive.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

28 minutes ago, ryan said:

do you have any gpu tweaks to improve 3dmark score

i do, what you did so far you didn't even scratch the surface yet, and you don't tweak 3dmark or your gpu you tweak your system, it really depends on you how far you want to take it, some tweaks might not be to your liking but that's what you do when you want the most you can get from your hardware, i come from green screen days, i prefer simplicity to this day so for me to strip out all MS nonsense eye candy is mandatory, for others stripping the system to its barebones is not enjoyable, to each his own there 😉 

either way you can still repaste, repad, or even go to extreme LM TIM application
(even Dell Alienware mobile now gets LM TIM on both the cpu and dgpu),

there's maybe 15-20% more to gain overall if you go the length,

2 hours ago, MyPC8MyBrain said:

YES! this can be intimidating for people who don't carry firearm or around them, female 100% would find this intimidating,
instead id suggest for both yours and whoever it is safety to meet at the nearest police station for the transaction. 

1 hour ago, Tenoroon said:

I could understand that some people may not like the idea of meeting up with some random person and being told that the person you will be exchanging goods with is armed, especially in a leftist state.

However, I think it's completely reasonable for you to be armed and let the buyer (or seller if you ever buy from marketplace) know that you are. It adds a layer of transparency and in my mind, would make the transaction and the general meetup/sale more safe. If I were you, I would continue doing this unless you see a significant decrease in potential buyers after letting them know you are legally armed.

This is just my 2 cents and others may have better advice, (@MyPC8MyBrain has a good point).

Thank you two for your perspectives. I am not going to hijack this thread with any thing political. I wanted to see how others view it. I am going to keep my ability to protect myself but I am now going to go about it in a different way. I have seen a material difference in buyers when stating my protective measures. I was taught well and I never, ever want to intimidate someone with it (my height and size alone does that). 

I only meet up at or quite close to police stations, I guess that is why the majority of buyers still come to complete the transaction. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 2

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

10 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Exact same way I feel about people who buy expensive cars, motorbikes, homes or take crazy luxury level vacations. I feel the same way about people who spend thousands a year on smoking or drinking. I also feel the same way about those who spend a crapton of money on golf clubs, designer clothes or jewelry. What an absolute waste and just plain silly. But that is their vice. 🙂

I look upon those who waste all that money on any of thee above the same way you look upon expensively priced GPUs.

Fancy computer parts are no different. The common / frugal man can easily get by with sub $300 priced parts. The common / frugal man can also get by with an efficient compact car, a 1 bedroom flat (expand this as needed per child), no need for designer clothes, nice jewelry, motorbikes, fancy meals, luxury travel or more.....

You drew your personal line in the sand and said, "this is what I'm willing to spend and what *I* think a GPU should cost" like me with motherboards. I just can't stomach paying more than $400 for a motherboard. I wish everybody would stop buying motherboards for >$400 because the pricing is getting out of hand but that's my own line in the sand. This hardline applies whether it is $401 or $5000 and yet I still get excited and happy to see other techies get this stuff and post results.

The logic is simple:

You want a 4090

The only viable models that meet your criteria were MSI Suprim and Asus Strix

Your MSI was a poor sample so you returned it

Now your choice is to try another MSI or wait for an Asus

You've opted to wait to try an Asus

The next question is, what if the Asus is a bad or worse sample? I'm very happy with my Suprim. looking at other people's results over the last several weeks, I realize it has abnormally high out of box boost clocks (2835) which allows it to overclock and game  at 3120mhz with fantastic temps and no coil whine with fans on auto no less. This was solidified by the second one I picked up from Best buy (I dub thee: ClockFails Von Coilwhine) that in hingsight for clocks (having looked around at countless others running games and benchmarks) wasn't *bad* just that my first one from Newegg was really good. Memory clocks are right where they should be and above average overall at +1500 stable ~+1600 for benching compared to the trash heap that second card topping out at +700. You may have tried another and been very happy with it but that initial sour taste means Asus is up next.

As for expensive GPUs, everyone has their vices. I have friends that spend 10-15k a year if not more on golf trips. Some spend 5-10k easily on fine dining. Others even more than that collecting top shelf liquors and cigars. Some continue to lease expensive, high end cars. Others pour 10s of thousands into their own car collections and motorbikes. Even some who pour 10-20k a year traveling for luxury.......not my cup of tea but I'm not the one serving or sipping it.

The logic is simple. We ALL know every GPU price is inflated, right? Even the 4090 is over priced. Adjusting for inflation, and all the other BS, the card should be around ~$1500. I am old enough to remember everyone here suggesting that no one buy any gpu at those grossly inflated prices, and that paying those prices was idiotic. Paying two thousand dollars for a 4090 was only condoning Nigreedia's malfeasance.

But I digress, if you have to have it, then get it!, because I GET IT! I know how the hardware bug affects us all, but  I will never spend that amount of money on a GPU. My 1080Ti, and Radeon VII were expensive enough three years ago.

• Thumb Up 2

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

3 hours ago, Rage Set said:

I had someone message me on FB Marketplace about a GPU I have for sale. I noticed the profile was completely sparse. Interesting. The person haggled per normal but we agreed on a price. He asked about meeting in a city between him and I (he supposedly lives in Mass.). I told him I normally deal in the surrounding cities because I only meet near Police stations and I notify the police dept of the city I am heading to ahead of time to let them know I am legally armed and I will be in their city (this protects me in several ways in this very leftist state). His messaging tone changed. 

I told him I could meet him in a different city (ten minutes away from the city he suggested). He quickly changed his mind. He told me it was too far and he's now going to be pressed for time after work. Strange.

I do tell all of my potential in-person buyers that I am armed. I rather they know ahead of time before seeing me in person with my holstered weapon. Should I stop doing this? Telling buyers that I am armed? If you were going to meet with someone to buy something from them and they openly told you they were legally armed, would that cause you to cancel the transaction?

That is a strange story. I would keep telling them if open carry, just so they don't freak out and think you have nefarious intentions. If concealed carry, then I would not tell them. Kind of defeats the purpose. I would not cancel the transaction if it were me. The fact that you are telling them prior to the meeting should dispel any notion that you have evil intentions. But, some people are just flipping idiot weirdos when it comes to firearms, so it would not surprise me if the person is a gun control Nazi that they might cancel the meeting. I've heard stories about restaurant owners that are anti-gun goofballs that refuse to serve people that are carrying a handgun even if they have a permit. They would not deserve to get any of my money, even if I were not carrying.

• Like 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

I do tell all of my potential in-person buyers that I am armed. I rather they know ahead of time before seeing me in person with my holstered weapon. Should I stop doing this?

Why do you feel a need to attend those transactions armed? Is it a matter of principle, or do you feel like you could get robbed at gun point near a police station while selling a graphics card, in Mass. (of all places)?

Of course, since you do carry, then it's nice of you to tell people, although many will understandably pass.

• Thumb Up 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

The 4090 seems like it is probably a decent sample. I literally just got it and installed it. I will do some more testing to confirm it's not a turd before ordering a waterblock for it tomorrow.

Stock:

Stock-SW-10171.thumb.jpg.e9632a51a4666b270f7e6e6f34500664.jpg

OC'd:

OC-SW-10832.thumb.jpg.4e3b6ab54caee140aee4b96760ed519b.jpg

3 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Why do you feel a need to do the transaction armed? Is it a matter of principle, or do you feel like you could get robbed at gun point near a police station why selling a graphics card or something like that?

The best reason to is because you can, and no other reason is necessary. Never know when you might need it, even if for a reason unrelated to the reason you are there. Always better to have it and not need to use it, than need it and wish you hadn't left it at home.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 3

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

10 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Hopefully mine will be at least that good. If not, it's going back to Amazon for a refund. Will know later today. It has been sitting at UPS since Tuesday on delivery hold since I was out of town until last night. Maxing out at +700 is unacceptable. Premium price demands a premium product, and that is garbage. 

Good luck! All I know is if I had ordered only from Best Buy I would probably feel the same as @Papusan about MSI at the moment that's for sure. Good luck!

Some set their privacy settings high on their profiles so unless you're a friend you really can't see much.

Many do not like or want to be around firearms especially on someone else. For what should be a routine meetup for swap parts for cash or Venmo/PP, a gun would seem out of place.

While it is good to let them know you actively carry, a legit buyer may take it as a veiled threat or intimidation. A bad actor will leave or just come with their own firepower / group.

I grew up around guns hunting and range shooting so it would have meant nothing to me. I'd be more apt to ask what you're carrying and what type of holster you picked and why. 🙂

With that being said, continue to practice measures that make YOU feel safe. Facebook is one step removed from craigslist at this point.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

The 4090 seems like it is probably a decent sample. I literally just got it and installed it. I will do some more testing to confirm it's not a turd before ordering a waterblock for it tomorrow.

Stock:

Stock-SW-10171.thumb.jpg.e9632a51a4666b270f7e6e6f34500664.jpg

OC'd:

OC-SW-10832.thumb.jpg.4e3b6ab54caee140aee4b96760ed519b.jpg

Nice! and once you hit 3000+ and +1500 mem you are suddenly going to be hard press to "fish" for better silicon seeing as even some Founders topped out at +1000 mem. It is a literal crapshoot.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 2

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

9 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

The best reason to is because you can, and no other reason is necessary. Never know when you might need it, even if for a reason unrelated to the reason you are there. Always better to have it and not need to use it, than need it and wish you hadn't left it at home.

I'm not saying a reason is strictly necessary, but

a) Clearly, it's a question of probability that a need might arise, and this will vary by area, for example

b) In places where most people don't carry arms, it might get taken the wrong way, or put people who don't carry or even own a gun off. Simple as that.  

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

24 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Nice! and once you hit 3000+ and +1500 mem you are suddenly going to be hard press to "fish" for better silicon seeing as even some Founders topped out at +1000 mem. It is a literal crapshoot.

It has no problem with +1500 on memory. I've only tried +135 on core (which put it at 3000), but I think that it is going to be thermally limited until I get a legit waterblock for it and start pumping chilled water through it. I can kind of tell already, LOL.

Have you found enabling ECC changes memory overclock capacity or performance?

19 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

I'm not saying a reason is strictly necessary, but

a) Clearly, it's a question of probability that a need might arise, and this will vary by area, for example

b) In places where most people don't carry arms, it might get taken the wrong way, or put people who don't carry or even own a gun off. Simple as that.  

There are some cities where it might freak some people out if they are in a liberal anti-gun state, but that kind of place is where you actually need it the most. The crime is a helluva lot worse in those places. I would imagine in foreign countries where firearm ownership is severely restricted or banned it would really make people freak out since only outlaws and cops have them. I live in an open-carry state that requires no permit, so it would not freak out anyone else. It's as normal as breathing air and drinking water. Only the anti-gun Nazis have a problem with it, but they should find a new place to live so it doesn't bother them.

24 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Facebook is one step removed from craigslist at this point.

And, I think that is being kind. I have better success selling on Craigslist. Every time I have tried to sell something on Facepoot Marketplace the people have all been very goofy, and usually didn't show up for an appointment to see/buy what I was selling.

I can't say too much because I have a wife, other family and co-workers that spend a fair amount of time on Facepoot just as a means of checking in on people they care about, but IMHO is it crawling alive with weirdos and I want no part of it. I know I can block everyone I don't want to associate with, but I don't want to patronize Zuckerbutt's Meta(stasized) filthbook.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Rage Set said:

Thank you two for your perspectives. I am not going to hijack this thread with any thing political. I wanted to see how others view it. I am going to keep my ability to protect myself but I am now going to go about it in a different way. I have seen a material difference in buyers when stating my protective measures. I was taught well and I never, ever want to intimidate someone with it (my height and size alone does that). 

I only meet up at or quite close to police stations, I guess that is why the majority of buyers still come to complete the transaction. 

I will follow up via PM so as to not encourage derailment

14 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Why do you feel a need to attend those transactions armed? Is it a matter of principle, or do you feel like you could get robbed at gun point near a police station while selling a graphics card, in Mass. (of all places)?

Of course, since you do carry, then it's nice of you to tell people, although many will understandably pass.

Really depends on surrounding locale and its culture.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Reciever said:

I will follow up via PM so as to not encourage derailment

Really depends on surrounding locale and its culture.

My apologies. That is why I have not responded to any of the other replies. 

• Thumb Up 4
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Amen brother @Mr. Fox

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

41 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

35 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

It has no problem with +1500 on memory. I've only tried +135 on core (which put it at 3000), but I think that it is going to be thermally limited until I get a legit waterblock for it and start pumping chilled water through it. I can kind of tell already, LOL.

Definitely voltage limited. Lowering temps is going to be key to working within the gimped 1.100V sissy-boy voltage cap.

662542065_2023-02-1015_53_32-Greenshot.thumb.jpg.05c870f81f42d5dd9323674961f0e521.jpg

It seems really strange to only see 700W being pulled from the wall on my power meter. I am used to seeing 950W to 980W in Time Spy with the 3090 KPE.
  • Thumb Up 4
  • Bump 1

1 hour ago, Rage Set said:

I guess that is why the majority of buyers still come to complete the transaction.

there's been a lot of cases recently of people getting robbed during FBMP deals,
someone comes meet up to buy a car with cash in had in the middle of nowhere he is a mark!
be safe 😉 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

Darn. Nobody except an eBay scalper from Italy has Alphacool Eisblock Aurora in stock for the 4090 Suprim. I can pay more for a Bykski block, but I don't think that is a smart move. I guess I will have to wait until someone has the Eisblock. They were available last week. I think it will more likely be better.

Anyone here interested in the 3090 KPE with stock hybrid and Hydro Copper block?

• Thumb Up 4

3 hours ago, electrosoft said:

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Have you found enabling ECC changes memory overclock capacity or performance?

I answered my own question. ECC garbage really gums up the works. About 6% slower even with a higher overclock. HWBOT sucks for making that a requirement.

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/sw/339800/sw/339363#

image.thumb.png.7581b2725bfde92f1942e426bff78e46.png

• Thumb Up 5

11 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I answered my own question. ECC garbage really gums up the works. About 6% slower even with a higher overclock. HWBOT sucks for making that a requirement.

Yeah ECC definitely lowers your performance. For D2D gaming and such it isn't really noticeable but for benching and every point counts? Yep......Good thing is it doesn't alter my D2D clocks but when pushing >+1500 it is having none of that nonsense. Have you tried an on the edge run knowing it will artifact with it on yet?

Not sure why HWBOT is making it a requirement. Just make it optional and I'm sure no one will use it. 🙂

• Thumb Up 2

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

3 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Have you tried an on the edge run knowing it will artifact with it on yet?

Not sure why HWBOT is making it a requirement. Just make it optional and I'm sure no one will use it. 🙂

Not yet on the edge run. I put the Gigabutt 600W vBIOS on it and testing now.

HWBOT is apparently making a big deal out of it because some of the golden boys with influence got butt-hurt because some peons matched or beat their scores and they claimed the scores were bugged because ECC was not enabled (even though the scores for the golden boys didn't have ECC enabled). Hypocrisy in motion.

https://community.hwbot.org/topic/221655-mandatory-systeminfo-555-update-and-new-benchmark-rules-for-rtx40-series/?do=findComment&comment=634934

image.thumb.png.828248a1d6519fb5791ae5f00c00d497.png

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

They want to be sure the Elite stay on the top😎 The countdown has begun...

And the worst of everything. Even a good bench-run without ECC Disabled can be equal valid as a score with ECC enabled (not bugged). And ECC Enabled doesn't always mean your scores is without bugs or should get the Valid stamp.. 

And here is Nvidia's screw up. I warned about this once Nvidia pushed out this 10GB scam. 2 years old and now a dead card for newer games forwards. This is only the beginning. And yep.... The new 4080 is a 16GB card and will be next on the Deat list. Of course Nvidia don't want give you 20GB vRam. Less sales for next gen = Less profits.

Still $260 above the more correct price point. 

AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT Now Available For As Low As $859 US, $40 US Lower Than MSRP

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-7900-xt-now-available-for-as-low-as-859-us-40-us-lower-than-msrp/

• Thumb Up 6

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

5 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Darn. Nobody except an eBay scalper from Italy has Alphacool Eisblock Aurora in stock for the 4090 Suprim. I can pay more for a Bykski block, but I don't think that is a smart move. I guess I will have to wait until someone has the Eisblock. They were available last week. I think it will more likely be better.

Anyone here interested in the 3090 KPE with stock hybrid and Hydro Copper block?

I would take you up on that offer, but I still have hardware to get sell through. As crazy as it sounds, I do want to have an EVGA GPU collection. 

• Like 1