NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

also id like to add I dont feel comfortable disabling things that protect me from hackers//I dont see why 99 percent of the tweaks are putting my guard down

i disabled everything on win 7 and ended up having to save my system..I dont feel comfortable disabling windows defender..sorry man perhaps  a pstate tweak or something is in order

• Haha 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

7 minutes ago, ryan said:

also id like to add I dont feel comfortable disabling things that protect me from hackers

excuse me... I'm roflmao

not going off on this thread with regards to security, i did unleash my point of view here

if a real hacker wanted to hack your pc he would despite whatever guards you think you have,

it costs time and money and unless you're a high profile person of interest no one has any interest!

make sure you have a backup and don't worry about things you shouldn't worry about 😉

• Thumb Up 2

the impossible is not impossible, its just haven't been done yet.

15 minutes ago, ryan said:

also id like to add I dont feel comfortable disabling things that protect me from hackers//I dont see why 99 percent of the tweaks are putting my guard down

i disabled everything on win 7 and ended up having to save my system..I dont feel comfortable disabling windows defender..sorry man perhaps  a pstate tweak or something is in order

@ryandownload the free Macrium software, and make an image of your OS, that way when/if something happens it only takes 3 minutes to get your system back up and running. Now you can do reg tweaks to your hearts desire, and not fret about screwing your system up/

Also ask @Mr. Fox@Papusan@Rage Set @electrosoftand others if they run antivirus software, or windows defender? I bet most if not all do not run that garbage, as do I.

• Thumb Up 5

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

@ryan i promise! when you are done applying the tweaks and achieve your desired +9k score if you are still interested i will teach you how to render any attack method assuming worst case scenario where the attacker is connected directly with a crossed network cable from your laptop directly to his with zero obstructions with your firewall turned off and defender disabled,

ok nvm im not doing it there has to be another way. and i don't see myself as a high profile person but ive had viruses before and been hacked twice. once i did a clean install of windows off a jump drive and they still had access its a nightmare

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 minute ago, MyPC8MyBrain said:

@ryan i promise! when you are done applying the tweaks and achieve your desired +9k score i will teach you how to render any attack method assuming the attacker was connected directly with a crossed network cable from your laptop directly to his with zero obstructions and your firewall turned off and with defender disabled,

I have modded ISO's that have windows update, and defender purposely disabled...I wont run any of their garbage.

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

2 minutes ago, ryan said:

ok nvm im not doing it there has to be another way. and i don't see myself as a high profile person but ive had viruses before and been hacked twice

Getting hacked or having viruses is probably 98% user error, and probably was avoidable. I have been into PC tech for over 25 years, and never been hacked, and only had a handful of small viruses, which were all my fault. I either opened or downloaded something I shouldnt have by visiting a nefarious site.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

I wont run any of their garbage

that is correct expose no service there will be no open ends to attack,

the rest is common sense just like when someone catches something you don't go near him until he is cured,

14 minutes ago, ryan said:

ive had viruses before and been hacked twice

you know better today not to repeat these steps, im sure you had your firewall and defender on when you got infected before regardless, downloading something or executing infected exe with malware on your own is not hacking, that's just not smart putting it politely,

its ok to make small mistakes, we learn and improve from them every day,
its like two sides of a coin.

• Like 1

Its kinda funny because on TAZ forums I was westcoast a cracker that helped start the whole cracking on wep with windows..before me there was just linuxes backtrack and many times it didnt support packet injection. I found a way of creating a packet that could be spit back to yourself and effectively hack with one packet. was CIA crap lol..I was alot smarter back then Im on meds and things have slowed down but im clinging to what I have left before I pass. all I will say is I completely agree nothing can stop a hacker...I know first hand

also Id like to add a famous hacker Transmit/ once asked me for help in the starting of wep cracking I saved the email and such

sorry for bragging but I did not have bad intentions while hacking...I see it as ethical hacking for educational purposes....never know whos reading this... 😛

• Like 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

6 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

@ryandownload the free Macrium software, and make an image of your OS, that way when/if something happens it only takes 3 minutes to get your system back up and running. Now you can do reg tweaks to your hearts desire, and not fret about screwing your system up/

Also ask @Mr. Fox@Papusan@Rage Set @electrosoftand others if they run antivirus software, or windows defender? I bet most if not all do not run that garbage, as do I

I'd been using Avast for the past 19 years and finally ditched it a few months ago because I was fed up with how it was becoming adware. It seems like an additional process gets added by it every year as well so it keeps becoming more bloated. To add onto those two things, it now causes problems with some of my games and screws with my game dev workflow from time to time flagging stuff I compile as viruses (like what?).

I just use Windows Defender nowadays. For anyone other than individuals who genuinely require lots of security, Windows defender is enough. I also run scans with SuperAntiSpyware from time to time to remove tracking cookies that I may have picked up inadvertently and remove malware if I feel I did something stupid.

But yeah, basically refrain from doing something stupid and you'll generally be fine and not get a virus. It can still happen even if you're careful, but the chances are very low, and Windows Defender can take care of the kind of stuff most users (including us) would get.

• Thanks 2

AlienyHackbook: Alienware M17X R5 | i7-4930MX | GTX 1060 | 32GB DDR3L Kingston HyperX @ 2133 MHz CL 12 | MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 | Windows 10 LTSC | Hackintoshes Rule!

Desktop Killer: Clevo X170SM-G | i9-10900K | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix @ 3200 MHz CL 16 | Windows 10 LTSC | Slayer Of Desktops

Sagattarius A: Custom Built Desktop | i9-10900K | RX 6950 XT | 32GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws @ 4000 MHz CL 15 | Windows 10 LTSC | Ultimate Performance Desktop With Cryo Cooling!

15 minutes ago, ryan said:

packet injection

that can only happen if one compromises the access point, physical wire, or if one is on the same broadcast domain of its victim!
someone attacking or distributing malware on the same broadcast domain can be located in minutes,
since TAZ days there's been allot of progress, data providers cannot afford to be hacked now days,

firmware updated to address many of these holes, its very hard now days to find a new tcpip exploits that are untraceable or do not have a pre-recorded signature pattern,

yeah Im unfortunatly mentally retarded. basically at 24 I got sick with schizophrenia and its been a downward spiral, dumber by the day. im trying but it's hard to think and I get alot of intrusive thoughts. thankfully I have a great psychologist and doctor but their is little they can do to help. just never ending bandaids

also @MyPC8MyBrain packet injection can be sent to your own computer from your own computer, weird I know but its possible. I did it. I know alot has changed since the TAZ days its just that most of the basics were from the pioneers of hacking not the new script kiddies...beileve me we had script kiddies even in 2004. but not like today. now its less problem solving and more memory retention

well im off for the night I hope you all have a good rest...peace out

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

14 minutes ago, ryan said:

packet injection can be sent to your own computer from your own computer

i am aware, that is "same broadcast domain" as mentioned above 😉

for that to happen you had to execute malware locally first!

(that packet cannot traverse anywhere beyond your logical broadcast domain which is essentially your local network wire connected to the same physical switch, unless you're physically in a hostile environment none of this matters when you're home behind your routers firewall and a nat environment)

• Thumb Up 1

I tried to get my 5970 running today on the 10850k but holy hell does it not like Windows 10. I got it to fail, which worked! then applied an overclock and poof it was all gone again lol. I might try again in the near future but I am getting that feeling that Windows 7 will be much easier for that era of hardware.

For now I am making the 10th gen system my DD and retiring the AM4 to a new role. Linux. I want to get the Linux side of the forum beefed up, Hiew was admonishing me for trying linux so many times on Laptops that I have modified heavily (thus a lot of drivers didnt work at all) so I plan to give it a try on the AM4 system and perhaps make some guides of my experiences. If I can get my hands on a cheap 5800X3D then it can be the part-time GPU bench system.

• Thumb Up 4

@Reciever 
linux is not fun on a laptop its also not fun for desktops, it can be made tolerable but that doesn't make it user friendly, its designed to be a server not a personal station (unless you like to inflict pain on yourself), if you need to hone your Linux skills just side load any Linux flavor you like with WSL 
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install
its essentially windows native hypervisor you can run any systems you like side by side with windows as if it was a virtual container but its not a virtual container its just the ease of deployment and manageability is similar!

it has full standalone dedicated hardware access not shared, while running side by side with windows,

• Sad 1

MSI Unify-X has improved drastically since the new bios. Lower SA voltages, and easier memory overclocking. DDR5 8000 booted in to windows first try. And no BSODS so far! CPU at 6.0P/4.8E/5.1R and DDR5 8000!!!

1.400V VDD2 Auto

1.400V CPU IMC Auto

1.200V SA Auto

1.665V VDD MEMORY

1.665V VDDQ MEMORY

• Thumb Up 5
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

13900KF

6 hours ago, tps3443 said:

MSI Unify-X has improved drastically since the new bios. Lower SA voltages, and easier memory overclocking. DDR5 8000 booted in to windows first try. And no BSODS so far! CPU at 6.0P/4.8E/5.1R and DDR5 8000!!!

1.400V VDD2 Auto

1.400V CPU IMC Auto

1.200V SA Auto

1.665V VDD MEMORY

1.665V VDDQ MEMORY

Same with the MEG ACE, steady progress with each BIOS upgrade, which has been pleasantly surprising, even though it would have been ideal if they had got everything right at launch ;) 

• Thumb Up 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

alright @MyPC8MyBrain we kinda got off topic but I woke up and yes I disabled defender. one quick question. I have AVG should I uninstall that also? and I'd like to add my cpu performance has improved but my main focus is the gpu

• Thanks 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

9 hours ago, MyPC8MyBrain said:

I have personally not found linux is not fun to be fun on either a laptop its also not fun for or desktops, but that's just  me

Fixed it for you sir

that doesn't make it user friendly

See, friendship is a strange thing in that it usually requires a good level of understanding, at least one way. Put another way, Linux can be quite friendly, but it's somewhat picky about its friends.

its designed to be a server not a personal station

I am not sure what you mean by a personal station? Perhaps your requirements are unrealistic? I don't think Linux can clip your nails for instance.

More seriously though, while Linux excels on the server, it can these days serve as a great workstation, while beating the hell out of Windows on performance. It can get more difficult to get to work with very recent laptops though, mostly because the user has no say in what components are used. That said, certain laptop lines from Dell and Lenovo (not to mention one or two niche Linux laptops brands) support Linux out of the box.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

I think my little PCIE Patriot scorch 128gb ssd that has windows 10 on it, is giving up the ghost. ChkDisk says its fixing errors, but I can run it back to back to back, and its the same errors. What are you guys using for Data drives? SSD's or HDD's? I purchased a 6tb seagate HDD for this build, but I am regretting that, because  the wind up time during post is really annoying. It sounds like two monkeys doing you know what to a football.

I already have a new 1tb WD Black NVME in cart at $70 to replace the little scorch.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 3

Curious as to how this WD Black compares to other drives. I looked up my samsung 970 evo, and the WD smokes it. How does this compare to yours?

WD CM.jpg

• Thumb Up 1

15 hours ago, Raiderman said:

Got a chance to play with the 6800xt a little....improved by 800+ points. Saw brother @Rage Setimpressive graphics score two or three spots above me @59K 🤘 Getting 600mhz OC on that water cooled beast.

Compare FS.jpg

Great job! Are you using MorePowerTool?

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

4 minutes ago, Rage Set said:

Great job! Are you using MorePowerTool?

No, just using wattman. What is MorePowerTool?

NVM Vbios editor....google

• Thumb Up 2