NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

23 minutes ago, Custom90gt said:

@Mr. Fox, I ordered that ram. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here. Mind sharing your timings? I'm not aiming for 8200 but it would be cool to be in the upper 7000s with reasonable timings.

thanks again for the link.

Sure, I've got a video sitting on my storage drive that I have been meaning to upload for a couple of months. I have some screenshots, too.

It usually takes about 6 to 10 days for me to receive orders from AliExpress. 

• Thumb Up 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

I tried the explorer trick but my laptop is immune to tweaks

heres before

Screenshot-21.png

heres after

Screenshot-22.png

and for some reason my firestrike scores are around 5200 now. no idea why as nothings changed. I have never experienced this with any past computers, Ever! this ones special. I think HP has locked down alot of aspects to its ability to run full power, i'm thinking of trying a new vbios. 

so I did a reboot and closed some programs, heres fresh run.

Screenshot-22.png

heres with explorer closed and cpu set to 3.7 ghz at least its not overheating but my gpu score went up so I guess in the end it does help so long as you have good thermals

Screenshot-23.png

• Thumb Up 3

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Isn't it cute. It seems Igorslab editors/employees avoid commenting on the ongoing smoke with the HW they have tested from CableMod (gave their thumbs up for the buyers on the fence). Even Igor Wallossek avoid the 90 degree smoke Hell topic as cancer. That understandable, but not very adviced if he still want some credibility.  Igor Wallossek also avoid commenting in his own created review thread for the 90 degrees adaper. Oh'well, not nice if your advices pans out into smoke and disaster for some. 

When you meet yourself in the door.....

giphy.webp

12VHPWR 180° adapter melted tight! igorslab/forum

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900K | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

Isn't it cute. It seems Igorslab editors/employees avoid commenting on the ongoing smoke with the HW they have tested from CableMod (gave their thumbs up for the buyers on the fence). Even Igor Wallossek avoid the 90 degree smoke Hell topic as cancer. That understandable, but not very adviced if he still want some credibility.  Igor Wallossek also avoid commenting in his own created review thread for the 90 degrees adaper. Oh'well, not nice if your advices pans out into smoke and disaster for some. 

When you meet yourself in the door.....

giphy.webp

12VHPWR 180° adapter melted tight! igorslab/forum

Influencing is easy bro: "User error".

Just need to leave your ethics at the door.

• Thumb Up 4

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

18 hours ago, Papusan said:

Thats great. Rounded corners is probably one of the worst I see with the new and shiny. I really really hate it. A such minor difference to the better is major if I want Win 11 or not on my PC. And I don't want to test out new Win 11 versions before I see a real improvement. No point in spend time with it now.

With the Windows 7 Start Menu, Task Bar, Classic Paint, Calculator, Notepad, Snipping Tool, System Properties, square corners, etc. the compelling urge to vomit is greatly reduced. It still sucks under the hood, but at least it doesn't look like dog feces. A stock Winduhz 11 UI is an utterly disgusting eyesore. It is not as ugly as Windoze 8.X was, but any number multiplied by zero has a product of zero.

Classic.jpg

1 hour ago, Etern4l said:

Influencing is easy bro: "User error".

Just need to leave your ethics at the door.

Ethics? In the tech world? Umm, probably not gonna happen. Making money honestly is a lost art. Deception is the only way they fly now. Profits come easy when the sheeple believe what they want to hear. All you have to do it tell them.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

47 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Ethics? In the tech world? Umm, probably not gonna happen. Making money honestly is a lost art. Deception is the only way they fly now. Profits come easy when the sheeple believe what they want to hear. All you have to do it tell them.

I'd like to believe it's not black and white, but it's certainly a minefield out there.

Edit: A rare optimistic example to prove there is still some hope left:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/System76-to-disable-Intel-Management-Engine-on-its-notebooks.267696.0.html

• Thumb Up 4

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

14 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

I'd like to believe it's not black and white, but it's certainly a minefield out there.

True. There are a few bright stars left, like EVGA. But, it is hard to spot them under cloudy skies. When you expect to be disappointed, disappointment is never unexpected. When you're not, pleasant surprise is much sweeter because it is no longer taken for granted. You'd think more of them would recognize the long-term benefit of having customers that are happy. Until the cashflow stops, or the social media crucifixion begins, it is not viewed as mission-critical to the big boys that think their poop doesn't stink.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/39116906

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/95305503

Finally using a non cancer edition of Windows 11. CPU score is where it should be now. @Mr. Fox I used your suggested version. Thanks!

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 4
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

40 minutes ago, Talon said:

Finally using a non cancer edition of Windows 11. CPU score is where it should be now. @Mr. Fox I used your suggested version. Thanks!

And don't update. See bolded text below. Newer doesn't always mean better. Btw. Did you test out some claims... They got back Cpu performance with Nvidia's latest drivers. But I doub't that being real for the Cpu.  

21 hours ago, Papusan said:

Thats great. Rounded corners is probably one of the worst I see with the new and shiny. I really really hate it. A such minor difference to the better is major if I want Win 11 or not on my PC. And I don't want to test out new Win 11 versions before I see a real improvement. No point in spend time with it now.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900K | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

4 minutes ago, Papusan said:

And don't update. See bolded text below. Newer doesn't always mean better. Btw. Did you test out some claims... They got back Cpu performance with Nvidia's latest drivers. But I doub't that being real for the Cpu.  

I haven't tested those driver out on the laptop yet. I had major issues with the new Nvidia driver on my desktop when using dual 4K 160Hz screens. One screen would go black on/off, and I heard the hotfix driver still has the issue unresolved so I rolled back and haven't bothered trying again. 

Actually this OS is installed on an external nvme via thunderbolt as a TEST. And even running on an external driver the performance in incredible compared to regular Windows 11. I'm going to clean install to my regular internal NVME after I verify everything is working as intended. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

On 5/10/2023 at 2:31 AM, Papusan said:

Here it is. The second PSU (Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W PSU) for my Corsair 1000D build. I found an 750W SFX PSU on the used market. And this in my home town. Jumped in the car drove down to town and grabbed it today. I paid 1400 nok = 132$ (New is 180$ here home). The seller (sorts of gamer kid) bought it in April last year. But he have now upgraded to an 4090 so he was afraid 750W PSU wasn't enough (he wanted the new modern PSU's with native 12VHPWR PCI-E CABLE to reduce the chance for the epic smoke and fire with 4090's.

750W offer more than the targeted 600W SFX PSU I looked at. 150W is still 150W more. I will now have loads of power connectors with two PSU's. And I will have access to 2250W power in one box for my needs. Yep, this will be good.

132$ is still a lot for used 750W PSU but the SFX standard add a premium. Pay more for less, LOOL

Isn't that the new norm for todays tech bro @Mr. Fox @electrosoft 🙂 

The SFX form factor is damn small. Not what I'm used to. Bigger is always better. But the 50Kg PC build will now get another new 2 Kg on it's weight, HaHa

image.thumb.png.0bb753cb4d2cb38418a722eb5567ec81.png

image.thumb.png.cbb365e64aa4534c910159364cdad74a.png

I can now finally clean up inside the black box (hide cables and put back the PSU cover at the bottom). The MSI GTX680 Lighning is in the box now. A lot smaller card than the 4090 HOF. 

image.thumb.png.7a5e4a8bb2180980f0d233c319360163.png

For those of you that enjoy hear my fantastic rasping voice😀 I made a video showing of the damn small SFX PSU. Enjoy

Edit. I really love the French doors on the 1000D but Corsair should have made a second cover on the backside of the chassis. If you as me want two PSU's but not the second MB setup. I guess they didn't know some people need or want well above 2000W of power in their PC boxes with a single MB setup🙂

image.thumb.png.7753e5de35acd07722a97592aebd367b.png

image.thumb.png.8783d8b2cd3d09af7a830190e84f6c32.png

Sum up:

Finally had some time check after reviews. The little 750W SFX I bought in the used market a few weekes ago is quite good. And works perfectly as second PSU for powering more  internal peripherals and my older GPUs when the HOF is disconnected from the black box. Happy with the purchase. Everyone should buy a big enough big box. Highly recommended😀 

Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold Power Supply Review

Performance

As this is a small factor power supply, there will always be some limitations if you directly compare it to standard full-sized (standard) models. Put simply, there’s only so much performance you can cram in a space as small as this. Despite that fact, however, Cooler Master has still done a really remarkably job here. Not only did this pretty much easily handle all of the tests we threw at it, but in many instances, it did remarkably better than it had any expectation to.

The clear highlights come in the fact that this nearly achieves a platinum efficiency level, and providing some of the lowest ripple results we have seen from a small factor design, Cooler Master has packed a lot of punch in this small package!

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2

@Talon if that score was stock I might buy a 4090 laptop in a few months once I rebound. thinking 20k(ts) is more than enough for 5 years.

still owe bro more than a buck. wouldn't mind having something that can do rdr 2 at 4k

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

5 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

With the Windows 7 Start Menu, Task Bar, Classic Paint, Calculator, Notepad, Snipping Tool, System Properties, square corners, etc. the compelling urge to vomit is greatly reduced. It still sucks under the hood, but at least it doesn't look like dog feces. A stock Winduhz 11 UI is an utterly disgusting eyesore. It is not as ugly as Windoze 8.X was, but any number multiplied by zero has a product of zero.

Classic.jpg

Ive started theming my 11 install. I have it close to what I would like for a finished product. Will post some screens soon. Funny how microsoft just doesnt get the hint with all this third party software, and tweak programs just to make it look more like Windows 7. (Hint....its easier and more productive this way microsoft!)

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 3

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

6 hours ago, Talon said:

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/95305503

Awesome. Glad you liked it. I do like the Oprekin builds that are pre-22H2 cancer. It is pretty amazing how a botched up version of Windoze can impair CPU performance to such a great degree. Loading it up with bloat and trashy services that add no value also doesn't help.

Even my Cancer Edition versions of Windows 10/11 are heavily tuned and tweaked, Defender destroyed/removed, some Services deleted, many more Services disabled. I usually shave about 1GB off of default OS memory utilization and eliminate 100-125 utterly worthless background processes compared to a stock build.

Tweaked-Cancer.jpg

But, the Oprekin mod with the same tweaks is remarkably better.

No-Cancer-Tweaked.jpg

5 hours ago, Talon said:

I haven't tested those driver out on the laptop yet. I had major issues with the new Nvidia driver on my desktop when using dual 4K 160Hz screens. One screen would go black on/off, and I heard the hotfix driver still has the issue unresolved so I rolled back and haven't bothered trying again. 

Actually this OS is installed on an external nvme via thunderbolt as a TEST. And even running on an external driver the performance in incredible compared to regular Windows 11. I'm going to clean install to my regular internal NVME after I verify everything is working as intended. 

I think that maybe the 4090 random black screens are a tree-hugger PCIe power management thing. It doesn't happen to me in Windows. It will sometimes just flash in Windows after a period of inactivity. Say I am away from my desk for 5-10 minutes and nothing is happening. When I touch the mouse or keyboard it will momentarily flash black and then behave totally normal. I have Windows configured to never allow the screen to turn off and no screensaver. So, it stays on as long as the computer is on, but always does that stupid momentary flash to black thing after inactivity.

Where I have issues with the screen going black and staying black is when there is no activity in the BIOS or my Windows Boot Manager menu (which stops and waits for my input on which OS I want to load). If I go into the BIOS and do nothing or leave it on the Window Boot Manager screen for a couple of minutes (sometimes faster than that) and there is no activity, the screen will go to black and stay black. I have to reset. It is like the GPU goes to sleep. As long as I am doing something like navigating menus that does not happen.

Oddly enough, this never happens on the Linux Grub2 boot menu. I can leave it there all day and it doesn't go black. Apparently, it creates just enough "load" on the GPU or draws enough power from the PCIe slot to keep it awake.

3 hours ago, Raiderman said:

Ive started theming my 11 install. I have it close to what I would like for a finished product. Will post some screens soon. Funny how microsoft just doesnt get the hint with all this third party software, and tweak programs just to make it look more like Windows 7. (Hint....its easier and more productive this way microsoft!)

I look forward to seeing the screenshots.

No, they don't get the hints. They don't care if people don't like what they do. In a way I kind of get that. "Don't like what we do, do whatever you want" is fine. I have no problem with that, and in some ways I kind of like and respect that attitude. It is similar to my own attitude about things. They're not my babysitter and I don't want them to be. And, I don't care if people like what I say or do. If they don't like it, that's their problem and to be blunt about it , I just don't give a rat's butt and don't need people to like or approve anything I say or do.

BUT, what I DO have a huge problem with is them interfering with me doing what I want to do. That is unforgivable and intolerable, and it justifies doing things they do not approve of, even if it violates the EULA.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

I tried installing a fresh OS and it installed omens original OS. It wont let me format SSD and install a new version of windows  I'd say its a safe bet iv'e been hacked lol

over 1 million handles and 227 processes

Screenshot-29.png

Ah a little help, how do I install a OS without continually being hacked, its seems whenever I login to my gmail account its game over.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

3 hours ago, ryan said:

I tried installing a fresh OS and it installed omens original OS. It wont let me format SSD and install a new version of windows  I'd say its a safe bet iv'e been hacked lol

over 1 million handles and 227 processes

Screenshot-29.png

Ah a little help, how do I install a OS without continually being hacked, its seems whenever I login to my gmail account its game over.

My data has been stolen probably a dozen times or more, and there are frequent efforts from within the US, Russia, China, Ukraine, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Mexico and other places to access my Google and Micro$lop accounts and bank accounts, etc. I have 2FA on everything and "passwordless" login for all my Micro$lop accounts. Fortunately, I have not been breached at a local level, but the efforts are frequent.

Boot from the WIndows USB installer. On the screen where you select the drive to install, press Shift+F10 to open a command window. Run diskpart, then list disk. Identify the disk number and run the command to select the OS drive (e.g. select disk 1) then run a clean command following by a convert gpt command. Then refresh the list of drives, click the unallocated space and proceed with the clean install.

Dad-gum, this looks amazing. Commander Keen and Doom are what I cut my teeth on back in the late 80s early 90s when PC gaming first became a big thing. I am going to have to check this out. Looks like it is a huge graphical upgrade.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 5

sweet mother mary. thanks for that, I thought I tried everything. command prompts never work on this hp but I will give it a go, just sucks that I cant use my main account for google as I have alot of purchases

also bro If you give me the means at the end of the month I can send you and bros money for good results in benchmarking...little motivation

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 6/7/2023 at 9:28 AM, Mr. Fox said:

My data has been stolen probably a dozen times or more, and there are frequent efforts from within the US, Russia, China, Ukraine, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Mexico and other places to access my Google and Micro$lop accounts and bank accounts, etc. I have 2FA on everything and "passwordless" login for all my Micro$lop accounts. Fortunately, I have not been breached at a local level, but the efforts are frequent.

Boot from the WIndows USB installer. On the screen where you select the drive to install, press Shift+F10 to open a command window. Run diskpart, then list disk. Identify the disk number and run the command to select the OS drive (e.g. select disk 1) then run a clean command following by a convert gpt command. Then refresh the list of drives, click the unallocated space and proceed with the clean install.

Dad-gum, this looks amazing. Commander Keen and Doom are what I cut my teeth on back in the late 80s early 90s when PC gaming first became a big thing. I am going to have to check this out. Looks like it is a huge graphical upgrade.

Oooh I love and want it!

• Like 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

Where is the quality control? This is todays normal.... QC issues = CableMod and AMD. I wonder how many got melted connectors/too high voltage drop due bad quality/or their QC issues. A seemingly nice looking adapter can have inbuilt issues that willl pop up and bite you later.

Not sure whats best between immediate fire or getting a ticking bomb. What you prefer bro @electrosoft?😎 Ticking bomb, so you can have a nice looking adaper in your pc box a few months forwards? 

Issues with 40 Series Card disconnecting and Angled Adapter (GPU Disconnects)

We both have found that removing the angled adapter helped us und we both are going a few days without the issue, usually it would happen more then once in 3 hours. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

7 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Where is the quality control? This is todays normal.... QC issues = CableMod. I wonder how many got melted connectors/too high voltage drop due bad quality/or their QC issues. A seemingly nice looking adapter can have inbuilt issues that willl pop up and bite you later.

Not sure whats best between immediate fire or getting a ticking bomb. What you prefer bro @electrosoft?😎 Ticking bomb, so you can have a nice looking adaper in your pc box a few months forwards? 

Issues with 40 Series Card disconnecting and Angled Adapter (GPU Disconnects)

We both have found that removing the angled adapter helped us und we both are going a few days without the issue, usually it would happen more then once in 3 hours. 

lol, my replacement cablemod cable is still sitting in its bag unused. I'm good for now....

Although they DO have their all in one angled cables now available!

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 2

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 980 1TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Samsung G7 43" 4k mLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel: i5-12400 | Asus Prime B660 | PowerColor HellHound 7900XTX | 32GB DDR4  G.Skill 3333 |  512GB M.2 | Gamdias | BenQ 32" 4k

34 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

lol, my replacement cablemod cable is still sitting in its bag unused. I'm good for now....

Although they DO have their all in one angled cables now available!

HaHa. So Cablemod have now made the new fire-adapter avaiable for their Store? Could be a better choice if they have improved their QC on newest products. See bolded text.

I think I'll stick with the PSU manufacturers own 12VHPWR cable. And they are pretty enough for me. And with a big black box you shouldn't be afraid for the bending cable requirements. Yep, isn't it nice with a big PC chassis?😀 With a small box you risk have to buy those new modern toy adapters to be able to connect the power cables to your nice new GPU. Yep, I'll stick to the best from both worlds😁

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

And with a big black box you shouldn't be afraid for the bending cable requirements. Yep, isn't it nice with a big PC chassis?😀 With a small box you risk have to buy those new moder toy adapters to be able to connect the power cables to your nice new GPU. Yep, I'll stick to the best from both worlds😁

Yes, bigger is best for cases in my book. Small is cute and may be convenient for certain use scenarios, but there are always concessions and compromises. Whether or not it is worth the sacrifice is a personal decision on a per-user basis, just as it is to tolerate BGA turdbook filth for the sake of mobility. But, compromise is certainly not my cup of tea. All or nothing... FTW.

I think I'll stick with the PSU manufacturers own 12VHPWR cable. And they are pretty enough for me. 

Yup, I agree. Either the stock 12VHPWR cable on an ATX 3.0 or use the icky ugly NVIDIA pigtail with 8-pin connectors is the safest approach. The part that bothers me is how inconsistent the outcomes are. As I mentioned before, even though I am no longer using the Cablemod parts, I had no issues with them. It seems apparent that many, maybe even the vast majority, are not having problems. Why it happens on some and not others is something I haven't seen a reliable answer for.

Seems like they (Cablemod) are still selling lots of products. I stopped using my right-angle adapter just to be safe, but even after all of the hard benching I did, nothing has ever shown any evidence of heat, melting, discoloration or anything else with the adapter or Cablemod cable itself, and nothing ever got hot to the touch. It's weird that this seems so random. If we had a definitive understanding of the cause, it might not be so mysterious. Everyone is just making assumptions and guessing, and Cablemod is the target because they have sold so many. We do not know the percentage of failure or the number of parts sold, we only know about the scary outcomes that get  lots of media attention. That makes it scarier and more uncomfortable, not to mention hard on Cablemod. Maybe it should be hard on them, or maybe it shouldn't. We don't know what we don't know, and I hate that.

image.png

3 hours ago, Raiderman said:

Oooh I love and want it!

https://fb.watch/l0v11iz3Ku/?mibextid=YCRy0i

I love crotch rockets. No interest in big road cruisers like Harleys or Gold Wings. If you're not going to go 200 MPH then what's the point? Just stay home.

• Thumb Up 2

I just bought a new toy. My dream monitor. 

Aorus 48” OLED 120HZ Monitor. 🤯

I’ve held off on upgrading my GPU and decided to replace my monitor instead which is more useful to me than a faster GPU. I work from home 8 hours a day on my rig and I’m kind of tired of these dual 27” (2560x1440) panels. I keep hearing one single large 4K panel makes working within multiple apps a lot easier with it being all on the same screen. Plus, my 3090 Kingpin excels best at 4K resolutions anyways. 

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16824716003?item=N82E16824716003&source=region&nm_mc=knc-googleadwords-pc&cm_mmc=knc-googleadwords-pc-_-pla-_-gaming+monitors-_-N82E16824716003&utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid+shopping&utm_campaign=knc-googleadwords-pc-_-pla-_-gaming+monitors-_-N82E16824716003&id0=Google&id1=19482411089&id2=153453153308&id3=&id4=&id5=pla-1445639081205&id6=&id7=9009661&id8=&id9=g&id10=c&id11=&id12=EAIaIQobChMI9KWE25qy_wIVJCfUAR3dgwKnEAQYAyABEgJRffD_BwE&id13=&id14=Y&id15=&id16=643825081351&id17=&id18=&id19=&id20=&id21=pla&id22=8438988&id23=online&id24=N82E16824716003&id25=US&id26=1445639081205&id27=Y&id28=&id29=&id30=3770041879072566394&id31=en&id32=&id33=&id34=&gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9KWE25qy_wIVJCfUAR3dgwKnEAQYAyABEgJRffD_BwE

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

13900KF

6 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

Yeah once you go big screen it is hard to step down. I know my usage though and I would burn that OLED in sooner than later even with anti-burn mechanics in place.

I use a Samsung G7 43" mini LED

That 4k and your 3090 are soon going to be at odds with each other to keep those 1% and .01% lows up in many games but it will be fun seeing your 3090 absolutely gasping for air at 100% load just about everywhere. 🙂

congrats!

• Thumb Up 5

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 980 1TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Samsung G7 43" 4k mLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel: i5-12400 | Asus Prime B660 | PowerColor HellHound 7900XTX | 32GB DDR4  G.Skill 3333 |  512GB M.2 | Gamdias | BenQ 32" 4k

13 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Yeah once you go big screen it is hard to step down. I know my usage though and I would burn that OLED in sooner than later even with anti-burn mechanics in place.

I use a Samsung G7 43" mini LED

That 4k and your 3090 are soon going to be at odds with each other to keep those 1% and .01% lows up in many games but it will be fun seeing your 3090 absolutely gasping for air at 100% load just about everywhere. 🙂

congrats!

Do you have any personal experience with OLED’s? I have never owned one besides my smartphones. I would prefer Mini LED. But I actually got the Aorus 48 for $550, so I could not pass it up! 

13900KF