NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

2 hours ago, KING19 said:

Not that i know of but then again i dont play MP games like that anymore but when i did play, gamers would lower their settings to low on purpose to get as much FPS as possible to gain an advantage even when their PCs can easily run them on max settings among with other factors like latency issues, lag, rubberbanding and etc. Like i said its noticeable on fast paced games for example e-sports type games like PUBG, Valorant, COD Warzone, CSGO and so on. Also its the reason why high refresh screens are very popular with gamers.

Sorry but blaming tariffs and our former president is just a terrible excuse because GTX 1080s including the Ti version cost nearly $1000 back in 2016 in most stores. Also the Titan GPUs cost over $1000 as far back as 2013. In other words high end GPUs always been overpriced before covid hit compared to midrange GPUs which cost half the price of high end GPUs.

I think you miss understand. And it is fact that tariffs and the former president did indeed cause prices to up higher than they already were. Not sure how you cant see that when they came out and flat out said it. That was already after the chip shortages, bad yields, crypto mining, memory issues, scalper's and normal people looking to buy cards....

And as far as pricing. Everything has been over priced since the beginning of time. So there is nothing new there either.

A Titan GPU opened at 999.99 in 2013, Titan X at 999.99 in 2015, 1080 at 599.99 in 2016 while a 1080 TI opened at 699.99 in 2017. Not sure where you get 1000 dollars from but ok. In 2018 nor 2019, it still wasn't 1000 dollars either. The prices started jumping from the 10 series to the 20 series TI card at 1099.99 (Titans are in the same realm as TI cards). 2080 starting at 699.99 so still normal pricing but of course more than a 980.(I'm only using high end cards that I bought in these examples) 

I also said covid was the excuse people were using, i never once stated that they were not over priced before hand. Only one of the many reasons the prices kept going up.

Edit:

Also my pricing is from the MSRP and not Ebay wishful 25,000 dollars for a gpu thinking prices either.

And current gpu prices are starting to also drop due to what? You guessed it. Tarrifs expiring and all those shipping contains that were stuck at sea, in ports, off shore and what not now have finally made it into docks and were unloaded and sent to where they needed to get to. thus now flooding the market so that them stupid ass scalpers make zero extra money now. Looking real stupid.

• Thumb Up 4

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

The issue of Gpu pricing is multi-faceted and unfortunately also involves governments to varying degrees. 

That being said please do make the attempt to keep politics off the topic list. If certain members wish to continue that discussion please take it to PM. 

Thanks everyone :) 

• Thumb Up 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, johnksss said:

I think you miss understand. And it is fact that tariffs and the former president did indeed cause prices to up higher than they already were. Not sure how you cant see that when they came out and flat out said it. That was already after the chip shortages, bad yields, crypto mining, memory issues, scalper's and normal people looking to buy cards....

And as far as pricing. Everything has been over priced since the beginning of time. So there is nothing new there either.

A Titan GPU opened at 999.99 in 2013, Titan X at 999.99 in 2015, 1080 at 599.99 in 2016 while a 1080 TI opened at 699.99 in 2017. Not sure where you get 1000 dollars from but ok. In 2018 nor 2019, it still wasn't 1000 dollars either. The prices started jumping from the 10 series to the 20 series TI card at 1099.99 (Titans are in the same realm as TI cards). 2080 starting at 699.99 so still normal pricing but of course more than a 980.(I'm only using high end cards that I bought in these examples) 

I also said covid was the excuse people were using, i never once stated that they were not over priced before hand. Only one of the many reasons the prices kept going up.

Edit:

Also my pricing is from the MSRP and not Ebay wishful 25,000 dollars for a gpu thinking prices either.

And current gpu prices are starting to also drop due to what? You guessed it. Tarrifs expiring and all those shipping contains that were stuck at sea, in ports, off shore and what not now have finally made it into docks and were unloaded and sent to where they needed to get to. thus now flooding the market so that them stupid ass scalpers make zero extra money now. Looking real stupid.

GPU prices was already overpriced as far back as 2013 if you wanted an high end GPU. Also stores normally charge a higher price than the MSRP to make a profit for obvious reasons, its the same rule for every product in the world and its what i based my pricing on.  

Fast forward to 2020 Covid caused problems with the supply lines. When you have a product with a low supply and high demand the price will go way up because its very hard to get, that what caused the GPU shortage, Companies barely had any workers because of the lockdowns and ofc places who had an RTX 2080 or even a RTX 3080 was charging crazy prices for them including scaplers. GPU prices are dropping now because the supply lines are slowly getting back to normal and the world is ready to move on from covid, it has nothing to do with tariffs like the media says. If we have a supply issue again with GPUs expect the prices of GPUs will go back up especially with inflation going on now.

Anyways lets get back on topic:

• Thumb Up 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

I Hope you guys all know why NBR died!!

The extreme moderation and polarizing opinions killed it....I think we should be more relaxed and open to conversation than NBR or Notebooktalk.net will follow in NBRs foot steps and suffer the same fate.

So lets keep this alive

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, ryan said:

The extreme moderation and polarizing opinions killed it....I think we should be more relaxed and open to conversation than NBR or Notebooktalk.net will follow in NBRs foot steps and suffer the same fate.

So lets keep this alive

No the "extreme moderation" did not kill NBR.  NBR was shut down by the parent company.  The unfortunate fact about politics, religion, and other such polarizing topics is that people can't approach the topic from a middle ground and arguing almost always ensues.  If you think we should change the rules, you can post it in the site feedback thread, this is not the place for it either.

• Thumb Up 6

Desktop | Intel i9-12900k | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F | 2x16GB Oloy DDR5 @ 6400mhz CL32 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | AW3821DW| 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 | All under water |

Server | SM846 | Unraid  6.12.0-rc4.1 | AMD Epyc 7F52 | Supermicro H12SSL-I | Tesla P40 24GB | 256GB 3200MHz ECC 8-channel | 100+TB ZFS |

Backup Server | SM826 | Unraid  6.12.0-rc4.1 | AMD Epyc 7302 | Supermicro H11SSL-I | Tesla P4 8GB | 256GB 2133MHz ECC 8-channel | 100+TB ZFS |

Dell XPS 9510 | Intel  i7-11800H | RTX 3050 Ti | 16GB 3200mhz | 1TB SX8200 | 1080P |

Talking about real life actual things that have happened to us personally is not politics. It is a documented life event and the person that held political office at that point in time is also. Trump did impose tariffs on China, The companies being charged them passed the added costs to the end user. Historically extreme inflation and damage to my retirement accounts came about based on decisions made by his successor. If we lose the ability to publicly complain about our lives being damaged by decisions our leaders make that directly affect us and are well doumented, we may as well as live in China or North Korea.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Well as anyone can see on multiple fronts censorship is the trend, babel speak of changing the meaning of all sorts of words and phrases is also all over and marxism in it's various forms is on the rise everywhere. I'm not saying that to reply to anyone here or any policies but come on, it's also going to go that way sometimes naturally on the boards here. I don't think anyone whose an nbr-er would start calling names etc if there's some personal experience comments here and there, looks like most of us are past the typical teenage level years and mentality which goes along with  that idk. Some nbr mods just had a pretty hairtrigger approach like with one of the megathreads that was active for years over there I think it was the crypto one and others as well.   Anyone see Bidens "truth" Czar in the news lately? ((Hmm looks a bit odd right?))

• Thumb Up 1

This is also relevant in the context of GPU prices and the ability of anyone that hasn't recently lost any wealth they have earned, and the ability to replace it, to purchase a GPU. When it costs +100% more to gas up your car and +30% more to purchase basic necessities like food, guess how many people ain't gonna be buying a shiny new GPU unless they can put it on a credit card and take 10 years to pay for it? 

• Thumb Up 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

6 hours ago, ryan said:

So lets keep this alive

NBR didn't die because of moderation nor polarizing opinions. Forums in general are down as the overall methods of communication and interaction evolve and change. Nothing stopped visitors from coming to NBR and some forums were very active (Alienware / Dell especially). Forums cost money to run and there was no longer an upside for the parent company to keep it going. The bean counters deemed it expendable.

We happen to have carved out a nice little floating rock in their space with this forum and we were lucky enough to have one forum alternative emerge, persist and thrive that captured the spirit and structure of our old home and continues to refine and tune it as we proceed forward.

Threads are created to keep topics on topic. Threads can get long and messy especially if they devolve into many off topic threads and some merit their own thread as they become so persistent and parasitic within an existing thread. Some forums will purposely create a, "Free for All" area where nothing is off limits and anything and everything can be discussed to keep other threads clean of off topic meanderings but what they really mean is politics and religion which will implode a thread with a quickness. A "free for all" space allows members a place to vent and discuss anything (within reason).

I like everybody here. I don't care what religion, political leaning or flavor of ice cream you like (well, ice cream is up for debate). As long as you like and want to discuss hardware with slight deviations into associative topics related to hardware it's all good.

Tariffs are a valid subject as they did impact prices on many items including GPUs. Tariff wars rarely work for citizens/buyers especially in a demand heavy society because items (in this case GPUs) are still going to be purchased and all it does is allow the government to get in on the action and line their pocket regardless of which political illusion is in control at the time.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 6

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

Yup. It was sad that it had to die. But, I totally get it. TechTarget isn't a charity. If I were the owner I also wouldn't have wanted to continue spending my money to support something that served no useful purpose, produced no income or benefit for the furtherance my business.

It would have been nicer and a more positive reflection on the company had they been more flexible in allowing ownership of it to pass to another entity or group that wanted to keep it going. Que sera sera. Life goes on. 

• Thumb Up 7

10 hours ago, KING19 said:

GPU prices was already overpriced as far back as 2013 if you wanted an high end GPU. Also stores normally charge a higher price than the MSRP to make a profit for obvious reasons, its the same rule for every product in the world and its what i based my pricing on.  

Fast forward to 2020 Covid caused problems with the supply lines. When you have a product with a low supply and high demand the price will go way up because its very hard to get, that what caused the GPU shortage, Companies barely had any workers because of the lockdowns and ofc places who had an RTX 2080 or even a RTX 3080 was charging crazy prices for them including scaplers. GPU prices are dropping now because the supply lines are slowly getting back to normal and the world is ready to move on from covid, it has nothing to do with tariffs like the media says. If we have a supply issue again with GPUs expect the prices of GPUs will go back up especially with inflation going on now.

Anyways lets get back on topic:

🤦‍♂️

1: Overpriced = 95% of everything on the face of this plant.

2: MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price - The word you are looking for is wholesale pricing.) = Quit moving the goal post. Since you have no clue what the pricing scale is around MSRP, but in certain instances I 100% know the answer to that. Why? Because the nature of my work and the field of business I'm in and the companies I have as clients.

3: 2020 Covid = A slow down to a halt of a market that was already in disarray due to shortages in foreign countries Starting with memory chips and and very bad yields. All Covid did for them was help them to catch up. Gave them the time to fix the problems while the world shut down.(My personal opinion and not a statement of fact)

4: Pricing = Sorry but none of my stores(With the exception of MSI who were selling their cards at scalper prices on Amazon and eBay)  where charging eBay - Craigs List - Offer up - Guy on the corner with RTX box astronomical prices. What they did have was MSRP, sleep overs in front of stores, list, lines with the hope of getting a card. And yes they had scalpers (All kind of people chose this route. Not just 100% scalpers. I was in some of these lines and watched people get cards and then sell them, but in line talking a good one about gaming and not selling their card.)selling the 1 card they got right in the parking lot.

My 3090 came from EVGA as MSRP 1999.00 before they raised the price to 2069.99, but I understand you consider this to be fake news. So lets post some more fake news that isn't fake news. Not sure where you were at when this was going on, but those of us that bought cards through EVGA seem to have gotten the best deals out of the whole mess.

https://www.thefpsreview.com/2021/01/13/graphics-cards-prices-continue-to-rise-due-to-tariffs/

https://videocardz.com/newz/zotac-and-evga-increase-prices-of-for-their-geforce-rtx-30-graphics-cards

PS. The part about the fps in game lobbies was off topic, the rest wasn't.

• Thumb Up 4

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

I'm not saying the topic is banned, just that it's not relevant here and that at any time can be taken to PM. I also have not engaged any moderation to this current discussion, which mean there hasn't been any violations. 

It is merely at this point a preemptive reminder as the markings for a potential argument looked like it could assemble. Please view this as setting rocks around the campfire and nothing more :) 

If there was legitimate violations I or @Custom90gt would've likely taken more direct action already, given that we also participate here often. 

@electrosoft Blue Bell butter crunch and cookies and cream are hands down the two best ice cream flavors bar none. I'm so glad you agree :) 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

3 minutes ago, Reciever said:

I'm not saying the topic is banned, just that it's not relevant here and that at any time can be taken to PM. I also have not engaged any moderation to this current discussion, which mean there hasn't been any violations. 

It is merely at this point a preemptive reminder as the markings for a potential argument looked like it could assemble. Please view this as setting rocks around the campfire and nothing more 🙂

If there was legitimate violations I or @Custom90gt would've likely taken more direct action already, given that we also participate here often. 

@electrosoft Blue Bell butter crunch and cookies and cream are hands down the two best ice cream flavors bar none. I'm so glad you agree 🙂

If you are referring to me. I'm not even remotely mad about anything nor am I trying to get political either.  I made a statement of fact and that was it. I also stated what was my opinion vs what is fact. Nothing more.

• Thumb Up 3

Hwbot Profile

5 minutes ago, johnksss said:

If you are referring to me. I'm not even remotely mad about anything nor am I trying to get political either.  I made a statement of fact and that was it. I also stated what was my opinion vs what is fact. Nothing more.

Nor did I say you were 🙂 Like mentioned before if there were actual violations they would've been corrected, no such actions have been taken because no corrections were needed. 

At this point it is purely a reminder for anyone to not take advantage of some elements and derail the current discussion. @johnksss everything thus far has been above board 🙂 and I have enjoyed reading your input.

• Thumb Up 5

Everything has become a touchy subject lately. Creating division is probably part of some greater plan that nobody wants to believe could be real. Merely mention the name of any politician, regardless of the context, and somebody(ies) are going to get butt hurt about it and start attacking other people that they believe are being critical of a person or group they tried their best to choose as being the lesser among evils at the polls, LOL. The world is not a happy place for anybody to live in right now. I'm glad we have each other and our PC passions to distract us from the mess.

• Like 3

"Sadly people who cares about maxing out every game out there are the reason why GPUs are overpriced as hell and that was before covid hit."

Im not sure of how me saying that ended up causing a serious/political discussion here. Maybe i am old school but i always think that GPUs are overpriced as hell compared of what they used to be 10 years ago. That was before Trump, Tariffs and covid happened and back then PC gaming was slowly dying.

Anyways we've proven that we can have serious discussions without resorting to petty attacks and kept it peaceful and it how it should be. Despite with all the crazy stuff that been happening in the world right now we still have each other to rely on and talk about tech stuff together to get away from it all. Its one of the main reasons why we stayed on NBR for many years. Call it our safe space! 😆

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

3 hours ago, Reciever said:

@electrosoft Blue Bell butter crunch and cookies and cream are hands down the two best ice cream flavors bar none. I'm so glad you agree 🙂

Wow, Blue Bell vanilla and cookies and cream are not only mine but my brother's favorite too. For a spell, it disappeared from our local shelves for months on end a few years ago and weren't happy campers.

I've never tried their butter crunch...hmmmmm.

• Thumb Up 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

13 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Wow, Blue Bell vanilla and cookies and cream are not only mine but my brother's favorite too. For a spell, it disappeared from our local shelves for months on end a few years ago and weren't happy campers.

I've never tried their butter crunch...hmmmmm.

That happened recently in my area as well and gave Butter Crunch a shot. Couldnt be happier, not its gone and CNC is back lol, was admittedly a little torn.

• Thumb Up 1

1 hour ago, KING19 said:

"Sadly people who cares about maxing out every game out there are the reason why GPUs are overpriced as hell and that was before covid hit."

Im not sure of how me saying that ended up causing a serious/political discussion here. Maybe i am old school but i always think that GPUs are overpriced as hell compared of what they used to be 10 years ago. That was before Trump, Tariffs and covid happened and back then PC gaming was slowly dying.

Anyways we've proven that we can have serious discussions without resorting to petty attacks and kept it peaceful and it how it should be. Despite with all the crazy stuff that been happening in the world right now we still have each other to rely on and talk about tech stuff together to get away from it all. Its one of the main reasons why we stayed on NBR for many years. Call it our safe space! 😆

No, you are 100% right. GPU's are way to expensive and paying more has since become the norm. Take it from a guy who has had pretty much 4 GPUS up to the 1080 series, then dropped down to dual GPU's and now 1 GPU.😂 I even Drove to Las Vegas Fry's from California to pick up 4 Titan X's one year. That was just over 4600 dollars.🤦‍♂️😂 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 2

Hwbot Profile

5 hours ago, johnksss said:

No, you are 100% right. GPU's are way to expensive and paying more has since become the norm. Take it from a guy who has had pretty much 4 GPUS up to the 1080 series, then dropped down to dual GPU's and now 1 GPU.😂 I even Drove to Las Vegas Fry's from California to pick up 4 Titan X's one year. That was just over 4600 dollars.🤦‍♂️😂 

Damn, you talk about the cheap days😀 You can barely get two top dog cards from nvidia for that price now. Be happy Nvidia killed Sli and 4 way cards setup for gaming. 4 of Nvidia's 3090 Ti K|ngP|n would be more like 10K. You got a very good deal from Fry's. Wish it was today, LOOL

Win 11 is damn DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have spent +5 hours on Win 11 on the new system. One of my worst ideas to date. The experience was awful/dreadful. Both for benchmarks, the estetics, lack of features and a disgusting (G)UI. I will with this never ever again install Win 11 on my system. And God bless that I have a Macrium backup of Win 10 2019 LTSC and 2021 LTSC. Within 3 min I'm back to the good and well known harbor. Win 7 is on an own disk as a good companjon. People that enjoy/or praising Win 11... I really really really feel sorry for them. They don't know what they do.  I have tested Win 11 before and after the relase of this God damn trash on the test systems and from what I have learned today....  Nothing have changed with the newer builds of Win 11. What a huge fiasco from Microsoft. But I'm sure you know about this, good brothers @Mr. Fox @Ashtrix. My time with Win 11 is now ended FOR GOOD. And god thanks for that. Good night brothers

Robin Lord Taylor Success GIF by Gotham

.......FOR ME!!!!

Good night brothers 🙂

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 3

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

Did a fresh reinstall of Windows 7 (versus an import from Z490 Dark). Nice to see my Physics score beat the Ryzen 5950X with half as many cores/threads.

https://hwbot.org/submission/4987667_ - 3DMark 11 Physics Test - 38173

image_id_2685730.jpeg

https://hwbot.org/submission/4987644_

image_id_2685716.jpeg

image.thumb.png.71f88bcda44f8dcad5c2f9283268f832.png

• Thumb Up 3

• Thumb Up 3

18 hours ago, Papusan said:

Damn, you talk about the cheap days😀 You can barely get two top dog cards from nvidia for that price now. Be happy Nvidia killed Sli and 4 way cards setup for gaming. 4 of Nvidia's 3090 Ti K|ngP|n would be more like 10K. You got a very good deal from Fry's. Wish it was today, LOOL

Have spent +5 hours on Win 11 on the new system. One of my worst ideas to date. The experience was awful/dreadful. Both for benchmarks, the estetics, lack of features and a disgusting (G)UI. I will with this never ever again install Win 11 on my system. And God bless that I have a Macrium backup of Win 10 2019 LTSC and 2021 LTSC. Within 3 min I'm back to the good and well known harbor. Win 7 is on an own disk as a good companjon. People that enjoy/or praising Win 11... I really really really feel sorry for them. They don't know what they do.  I have tested Win 11 before and after the relase of this God damn trash on the test systems and from what I have learned today....  Nothing have changed with the newer builds of Win 11. What a huge fiasco from Microsoft. But I'm sure you know about this, good brothers @Mr. Fox @Ashtrix. My time with Win 11 is now ended FOR GOOD. And god thanks for that. Good night brothers

Robin Lord Taylor Success GIF by Gotham

.......FOR ME!!!!

Good night brothers 🙂

Yup. The poop doesn't get much smellier than that. Macrium Reflect saves my hind end often. It is useful for undoing my mistakes and allows me a hassle-free experience with no-commitment OS experimentation. I keep Windows 11 on my benching rig and log in once in a while so that when I rail on how crappy it is to the fanboys I can say that I have it and use it. That give weight to the hate.

In case you didn't test it, CPU performance, memory speed and memory latency are all worse with Windows 11 than Windows 7 or Windows 10. Funny how a company can  lose a contest against itself, generation upon generation. They're not moving forward. Installing Windows 11 accomplishes nothing meaningful. Doing so it a total waste of time because there is no benefit to having it, only a loss of performance and functionality.

• Like 1

wheuf.....just read all the posts... yeah thank god for gaming and computers as mr fox mentioned this place is not a nice place to live in. I really hope we invite new members and show them attention so that they stay I would like to see notebooktalk.net surpass LTT forum, which im also a member of. however it lacks character.  The core people of nbr is what makes it so great and legendary.

• Like 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled