SuperMG Posted September 6 Author Posted September 6 1 hour ago, Tetsu said: Status report on the RTX 4090 (X-Vsion model) Boot test conducted on the P570WM: A Quadro P5000 was installed as the master and the RTX 4090 as the slave. Although the system booted, the card was not recognized in the BIOS or Device Manager. Boot test conducted on the P775TM1-G: The system booted, but the screen remained black. The modified heatsink and FPC cable required for use with the P570WM could not be used, as they are currently located at a warehouse on the mainland. You need to use them. It was obvious you'll get a black screen.
Tetsu Posted September 12 Posted September 12 On 2026/8/25 at 午後10時19分, SuperMG said: もし400ドル払ってくれるなら、もちろん買いますよ。RTX 30XX/40XXのヒートシンクは全て売り切れましたから。 ヒートシンクのCADファイルと回路図は入手済みです。Cicichen社では対応できなかったため、Ythermal社に問い合わせました。 5090との互換性は不明です。5080は4080/4090と同様に動作する可能性があります。 It is said that the RTX 5090's compatibility with the P570WM is unknown, but if it were to work, would it be usable only with an external display rather than the built-in one?
Tetsu Posted September 26 Posted September 26 Hello. I brought the modified heatsink, FPC cable, and X-bracket from the mainland warehouse. When I try to fit them together, the holes on the heatsink and the X-bracket do not align. Also, I haven't applied a thermal pad to this heatsink. Would applying one resolve the issue?
SuperMG Posted September 26 Author Posted September 26 8 hours ago, Tetsu said: Hello. I brought the modified heatsink, FPC cable, and X-bracket from the mainland warehouse. When I try to fit them together, the holes on the heatsink and the X-bracket do not align. Also, I haven't applied a thermal pad to this heatsink. Would applying one resolve the issue? Mine v1 fits, try again. I have it on my P570WM3 installed right now. You need to use 1.5mm thermal pads for the VRAM. I was selling v2 but they all sold out.
Tetsu Posted September 26 Posted September 26 This card and the heatsink aren't a match. If you try to fit them together, part of the heatsink gets in the way. You'll have to shave off a section of the heatsink.
Tetsu Posted September 26 Posted September 26 I haven't tested these while installed in the P570WM. Mounting them in the unit might solve the issue, though...
SuperMG Posted September 26 Author Posted September 26 11 minutes ago, Tetsu said: I haven't tested these while installed in the P570WM. Mounting them in the unit might solve the issue, though... You use them without thermal pads... With thermal pads, it fits. You also need to modify your fan mounting as the factory for the v1 didn't respect my needs. V2 fixed the mounting but I sold them out. I sold 4 v1 and got 0 complains tho.
Tetsu Posted September 26 Posted September 26 Given that there are no complaints from others, I simply ended up with a defective unit. The factory likely didn't test-fit the part against the actual card—instead manufacturing it based on SuperMG's blueprints—and I just happened to receive a unit with a slight misalignment. Since there are no companies in Japan that will modify metal parts owned by private individuals, I plan to file it down myself. It’s only off by about a millimeter, so I think I can manage it. I do regret not buying the Heatsink V2.
SuperMG Posted September 26 Author Posted September 26 17 minutes ago, Tetsu said: Given that there are no complaints from others, I simply ended up with a defective unit. The factory likely didn't test-fit the part against the actual card—instead manufacturing it based on SuperMG's blueprints—and I just happened to receive a unit with a slight misalignment. Since there are no companies in Japan that will modify metal parts owned by private individuals, I plan to file it down myself. It’s only off by about a millimeter, so I think I can manage it. I do regret not buying the Heatsink V2. Look at my Google drive picture, it's the V1 and I have good thermals. Next step is to modify the fan blades on the weak 5V fan. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t6qw10VFocoxQ2xFBCUk4W9FMblCOLLh/view?usp=drivesdk
Tetsu Posted September 26 Posted September 26 14 minutes ago, SuperMG said: 私のGoogleドライブの画像を見てください。これはV1で、放熱性能は良好です。 次のステップは、出力の弱い5Vファンの羽根を改造することです。 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t6qw10VFocoxQ2xFBCUk4W9FMblCOLLh/view?usp=drivesdk That looks like a good fit. It's 9:30 PM Japan time and getting late, so I'll try installing it in the P570WM tomorrow. Thank you for providing the photos.
SuperMG Posted September 27 Author Posted September 27 20 hours ago, Tetsu said: That looks like a good fit. It's 9:30 PM Japan time and getting late, so I'll try installing it in the P570WM tomorrow. Thank you for providing the photos. I'll soon manufacture 2 P570WM3 GPU fans with lots of blades. Want one? It'll cost maybe around 30-40€ for a custom one.
Tetsu Posted September 28 Posted September 28 On 2026/9/27 at 午後6時17分, SuperMG said: 近いうちに、羽根の多いP570WM3 GPUファンを2個製造する予定です。 欲しいですか?カスタムメイドだと30~40ユーロくらいかかるかもしれません。 Modifying the standard fan for the P570WM is a hassle. It would be a great help if you could sell me one. Of course, I will pay.
SuperMG Posted September 28 Author Posted September 28 58 minutes ago, Tetsu said: Modifying the standard fan for the P570WM is a hassle. It would be a great help if you could sell me one. Of course, I will pay. I'm planning to get a higher CFM one. Will be done in 2 weeks.
Tetsu Posted Saturday at 04:40 AM Posted Saturday at 04:40 AM As expected, the heatsink and the card did not fit together when mounted on the main unit; I need to shave down part of the heatsink. Also, I connected the FPC cable, but the screen did not display anything. I likely installed the FPC cable in the wrong position. The screen wasn't displaying anything, but I heard the Windows startup sound, so I think it will work if the FPC cable is repositioned.
SuperMG Posted Saturday at 08:56 AM Author Posted Saturday at 08:56 AM 5 hours ago, Tetsu said: As expected, the heatsink and the card did not fit together when mounted on the main unit; I need to shave down part of the heatsink. Also, I connected the FPC cable, but the screen did not display anything. I likely installed the FPC cable in the wrong position. The screen wasn't displaying anything, but I heard the Windows startup sound, so I think it will work if the FPC cable is repositioned. I don't think you read my messages. You need to use thermal pads to fix the issue on the VRAM and VRM. Using your GPU without thermal pads is not good. I don't even think you understand what you're doing if you don't understand what the backlight mod does...
Tetsu Posted Saturday at 10:47 AM Posted Saturday at 10:47 AM 1 hour ago, SuperMG said: 私のメッセージを読んでいないようですね。VRAMとVRMの問題を解決するには、サーマルパッドを使用する必要があります。 サーマルパッドを使用せずにGPUを使用するのは良くありません。 バックライト改造の仕組みを理解していないなら、あなたは自分が何をしているのかさえ理解していないと思いますよ。 ?
Tetsu Posted Saturday at 11:35 AM Posted Saturday at 11:35 AM 2 hours ago, SuperMG said: 私のメッセージを読んでいないようですね。VRAMとVRMの問題を解決するには、サーマルパッドを使用する必要があります。 サーマルパッドを使用せずにGPUを使用するのは良くありません。 バックライト改造の仕組みを理解していないなら、あなたは自分が何をしているのかさえ理解していないと思いますよ。 I'm installing it exactly according to the instruction manual, though...
SuperMG Posted Saturday at 11:48 AM Author Posted Saturday at 11:48 AM 23 minutes ago, Tetsu said: I'm installing it exactly according to the instruction manual, though... Use thermal pads on the GPU please. 1.5mm for the VRAM and 1.5mm for the VRM. You have the backlight mod v1 and the instructions are on the v1 thread. Normally you should see the splashscreen image and BIOS page on your screen if the backlight mod is working. Do you get a blackscreen on Windows with or without Nvidia drivers? I can't help you further, I already helped you a lot and the v1 instructions are clear. If you have any questions please don't write them on this thread, juste private message me instead.
segfault-bilibili2 Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago On 5/13/2026 at 7:40 PM, Tetsu said: Excuse me, but could you please ask Buffermod how to update the BIOS? I've tried contacting them on X (Twitter), but I haven't received a reply. Co-author of BufferMod's modified PremaMod BIOS here. BufferMod gave two goals to me: 1. Unlock (or fix compatibility in other words) 16GB memory sticks, therefore the total supported system memory is raised to 4x16=64GB. 2. Unlock/fix PCIe 3.0 link speed support, raise it from 1.0/2.0 to 3.0. I do not own a P570WM(3) myself. BufferMod and several other friends of him provided help to test the modified BIOS out. Very sadly, several P570WM motherboards were damaged because of residue electric charge in the capacitors, and, something especially worthes noting: there are SO-RDIMM sticks, which are not compatible with normal SO-DIMM slots. After installing such SO-RDIMM sticks to P570WM's SO-DIMM slot, the motherboard bricked when powered on. Let's come back to the topic of supporting normal 16GB sticks. There's a module named "IvtQpiandMrcInit" in the BIOS which, just as its name suggests, is in charge of memory initialisation. There's an internal "supported SPD" table in that module, possibly is the thing that Intel calls "plan-of-record" ("POR") internally. And then there is a function in charge of checking the SPD data against that supported list. I patched the machine code to skip such checking, so that 16GB normal SO-DIMM turned out to work fine with modified BIOS on P570WM(3). As for PCIe 3.0 support, if I recalled correctly two modules of the BIOS needs to be modified. One was replaced entirely, and the other was patched. (At this time of posting I cannot remember the exact details sorry)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now