NotebookTalk

Official Clevo P870TM-G Thread

ViktorV

46 minutes ago, Raven said:

And what adapters are those?

I've been posting this in the forum since the beginning.
These are adapters that I have developed myself. I have already made the 3rd version of them. I've been using the adapters since the start of the last MXM series RTX30xx:-)... I developed and manufactured these adapters with 3D-CAD etc. .... My aim was to integrate the RTX30xx as well as possible into the P870xx and above all to continue to use the cooling performance of the Vapourchamber. The RTX3080 is at max. 60 degrees and the RTX 3070 runs at a low 50 degrees. All at full performance at the highest detail levels...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Developer79 said:

I've been posting this in the forum since the beginning.

Well feel free to post a link too a log and test results, Because I can say while the Vapor chamber is a good cooler, Even running a single GTX 1070 which is a 125W Tdp locked board in my unit, It'd still get 70C at full load, While with both installed back in the days of SLi and when I posted under a different name on the NBR forums getting up to 80C+ on both was not uncommon.

As for other things, Can't wait for the new thermal pads to get here so I can put this through it's paces now that it's working, Then once that's sorted, 4K display.

Portable Desktop Killer: P870TM-G Core I7 - 9900K, RTX 2080 Super, 128GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 120Hz WQHD 

14 hours ago, Raven said:

Well feel free to post a link too a log and test results, Because I can say while the Vapor chamber is a good cooler, Even running a single GTX 1070 which is a 125W Tdp locked board in my unit, It'd still get 70C at full load, While with both installed back in the days of SLi and when I posted under a different name on the NBR forums getting up to 80C+ on both was not uncommon.

As for other things, Can't wait for the new thermal pads to get here so I can put this through it's paces now that it's working, Then once that's sorted, 4K display.

I don't have any more links but I have experience with the RTX30xx. This series has good heat development and is therefore particularly suitable for the P870xx with Vapourchamber. You can see the temperatures in many of the pictures I have posted. My experience shows RTX3070 at around 50 degrees and RTX3080 at around 60 degrees. Always depends on the outside temperatures and of course the fans have to be running. Somehow the air cooling has to cool the power loss away! That should be fine with the P870xx. 

4 hours ago, Maro97 said:

This thing apparently is real: http://www.xinjuneng.com.cn/news.html

That is actually old news, It's a server platform in a metal box, Pretty cool though.

Edit: I don't think it has a 40 series MXM module though, I am almost 100% sure there are no 40 series MXM cards but I will very happily be proven wrong if someone does manage to prove me wrong

Portable Desktop Killer: P870TM-G Core I7 - 9900K, RTX 2080 Super, 128GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 120Hz WQHD 

13 hours ago, Raven said:

That is actually old news, It's a server platform in a metal box, Pretty cool though.

Edit: I don't think it has a 40 series MXM module though, I am almost 100% sure there are no 40 series MXM cards but I will very happily be proven wrong if someone does manage to prove me wrong

No MXM cards are planned from Clevo. Perhaps there are other manufacturers, but then there is again the question of compatibility. VBios, pin configuration etc...

No MXM cards are planned from Clevo.

Much as I thought, Very dissapointing

pin configuration etc..

since MXM is a standard that shouldn't be an issue, But VBIOS on the otherhand.

Me again, With a brand new post!

Does anyone know if there's a way to enable Resizable bar on our machines, I can't seem to find it anywhere in the Prema Bios that i'm using, Maybe Dsanke has it? I don't know I've never used a Dsanke Bios.

Does anyone know of a way to enable the power % slider in MSI afterburner or another way that I can use to modify the GPU's Max power profile? I want to shrink it by 10% Aka run it at 90% power budget as I feel Like I'm cooking the VRM's on this card somehow.

Anyone have an SKU Number for the 4k Display cable? I want to order my 4k panel soon and be sure that it works.

Also is https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/115283061485 Compatible with our machines? I'd love to get rid of the janky dual PSU bridge.

Last but not least, Anyone know of upgraded fans that we can use?

• Bump 1

4 hours ago, Maro97 said:

you can buy lcd cable from this seller i bought a one 

Hoping it will work with https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006235356620.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.0.0.60e5R8BFR8BFNk&mp=1

I know someone else out there has installed one of these in a P870, Assuming all the cables are standardized...

On 2/19/2024 at 6:29 AM, Raven said:

since MXM is a standard that shouldn't be an issue, But VBIOS on the otherhand.

It is true that certain pins are the same, but there are also some pins that can be freely selected by the manufacturer. This is not quite so simple...

7 hours ago, Raven said:

Hoping it will work with https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006235356620.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.0.0.60e5R8BFR8BFNk&mp=1

I know someone else out there has installed one of these in a P870, Assuming all the cables are standardized...

You will need a longer 4k Edp cable (the one for P775 works) as the edp slot for this display is on the other side.

Even if it works you will still face possible random black screens resuming from hibernation, inability to reduce brightness (wich is a very big deal on a 1000 nits mini led display) and so on....

Desktop - MSI B650 Tomahawk Wifi | AMD 7800X3D | 32 GB Trident Z5 Neo RGB 6000Mhz | MSI RTX 4070TI Suprim X  | Alienware 27 AW2724DM 2K 165 Hz Gsync | Samsung 990 Pro Nvme - Boot | Other various storage | Windows 10 Pro x64

SOLD - Clevo P870DM-G | i9-9700K 4.5 Ghz on all cores (-50 mv undervolted) | 32GB Hyper X Black 2666MHz | Clevo RTX 2080 3.1b undervolted for better temp 1905Mhz @881 mv | AUO B173HAN03.1 144hz Gsync | Samsung 980 NVME | Dsanke TM BIOS - Chujoi13 adapted based on needs | Network Card: Intel AX210-AX | Windows 10 Pro x64

4 hours ago, runix18 said:

Even if it works you will still face possible random black screens resuming from hibernation

I rarely if ever use the hibernate feature, If I'm moving the system somewhere for a long period of time i'll just shut it off, Boot times are sub 15 seconds so it's a non issue and the NVME raid array means resuming any work or other thing only takes a mere moment

4 hours ago, runix18 said:

inability to reduce brightness (wich is a very big deal on a 1000 nits mini led display) and so on....

Unless that comes with the risk of damaging the display, I typically run at max brightness most of the time, But I know someone has used this panel with a P870 and said they had no issues but they also were translating from a different language.

4 hours ago, Raven said:

I rarely if ever use the hibernate feature, If I'm moving the system somewhere for a long period of time i'll just shut it off, Boot times are sub 15 seconds so it's a non issue and the NVME raid array means resuming any work or other thing only takes a mere moment

Unless that comes with the risk of damaging the display, I typically run at max brightness most of the time, But I know someone has used this panel with a P870 and said they had no issues but they also were translating from a different language.

Remember the fact that 1000 nits can be very bright way more than the confort zone.

Desktop - MSI B650 Tomahawk Wifi | AMD 7800X3D | 32 GB Trident Z5 Neo RGB 6000Mhz | MSI RTX 4070TI Suprim X  | Alienware 27 AW2724DM 2K 165 Hz Gsync | Samsung 990 Pro Nvme - Boot | Other various storage | Windows 10 Pro x64

SOLD - Clevo P870DM-G | i9-9700K 4.5 Ghz on all cores (-50 mv undervolted) | 32GB Hyper X Black 2666MHz | Clevo RTX 2080 3.1b undervolted for better temp 1905Mhz @881 mv | AUO B173HAN03.1 144hz Gsync | Samsung 980 NVME | Dsanke TM BIOS - Chujoi13 adapted based on needs | Network Card: Intel AX210-AX | Windows 10 Pro x64

8 hours ago, runix18 said:

Remember the fact that 1000 nits can be very bright way more than the confort zone.

Can't really be that much brighter than my C1 Oled on the desktop that I run in HDR mode for nearly 2k hours.

Wish I could get some answers on the other things though

On 2/19/2024 at 8:26 PM, Raven said:

Me again, With a brand new post!

Does anyone know if there's a way to enable Resizable bar on our machines, I can't seem to find it anywhere in the Prema Bios that i'm using, Maybe Dsanke has it? I don't know I've never used a Dsanke Bios.

Does anyone know of a way to enable the power % slider in MSI afterburner or another way that I can use to modify the GPU's Max power profile? I want to shrink it by 10% Aka run it at 90% power budget as I feel Like I'm cooking the VRM's on this card somehow.

Anyone have an SKU Number for the 4k Display cable? I want to order my 4k panel soon and be sure that it works.

Also is https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/115283061485 Compatible with our machines? I'd love to get rid of the janky dual PSU bridge.

Last but not least, Anyone know of upgraded fans that we can use?

Nvidia driver 528.24 should still work with the power limit slider but you could also reduce voltage on later driver versions with the MSI afterburner curve tool.

That Eurocom power supply has been tested to work with the P870 and there has been an old thread about it on the notebookreview forum, you may want to check the archives.

For fans you have to go on a chase on sites like Taobao which is not easy to navigate but it seems there is at least a fan with a higher number of fins for the GPU.

About the display: 1000 nits will be a lot brighter than OLED when there is a lot of white in the picture and I doubt that this level of light output is that easy on the eyes. Myself I was already annoyed by a 400 nits display that I could not adjust for a while. So I would rather go with one of those 400 to 500 nits LCD panels with 120 or 144 Hz and have less issues even if brightness cannot be adjusted and it should also be less costly.

• Thumb Up 1

52 minutes ago, 1610ftw said:

Nvidia driver 528.24 should still work with the power limit slider but you could also reduce voltage on later driver versions with the MSI afterburner curve tool.

Voltage control with the current driver that I have 551.23 is completely unusable even when force enabled in MSI afterburner.

So I'll assume that 528.24 is the last one that did work? Annoying that I have to go that far back but it is what it is 

54 minutes ago, 1610ftw said:

That Eurocom power supply has been tested to work with the P870 and there has been an old thread about it on the notebookreview forum, you may want to check the archives.

Excellent, I'll pick it up then since it's not that costly and It gets rid of the annoying double adapter, I also feel like one of my PSU's might have hidden issues, They are getting a bit old and tired that's for sure as they are the original adapters.

57 minutes ago, 1610ftw said:

For fans you have to go on a chase on sites like Taobao which is not easy to navigate but it seems there is at least a fan with a higher number of fins for the GPU.

Higher fin count doesn't always mean better, If it is at the SAME RPM then yes it'll have more static pressure but if it doesn't achieve the same RPM count then the extra fins don't help as much, Wouldn't happen to have a model number or SKU to go off would you would be super handy to search taobao that way.

58 minutes ago, 1610ftw said:

1000 nits will be a lot brighter than OLED

about 200 nits brighter, The C1 has an average brightness of 750-800 in HDR mode across the whole screen in bright scenes with burst rates of 1400 IIRC, I do tend to use darkmode a lot in general though, But Bright screens havn't been that much of a problem with me and given the darker games I play I am aiming for a proper HDR experience.

528.24 It is indeed the last driver where I found somebody mention that the slider works.

You may want to search people who mention others but that one has been confirmed on Techpowerup.

I have no experience with the fans on Taobao or elsewhere I just typed in P870TM fans so you will have to check - in the end nobody here has ordered any fans as of now so you would probably have to be the guinea pig. Shame that it is much easier to find fans for the P775 and X170.

As for the LG C1 it has less than 800 peak nits and around 130 to 125 nits full white, that is pretty well documented like for example here:

It also dimms when brighter areas are on screen for too long.

The LED has probably more like 5 to 7 times as much brightness in full white so you may want to keep that in mind for other applications apart from gaming that require you to look at a possibly much brighter screen. I still have a bunch of programs where this is the case.

On 2/26/2024 at 9:58 PM, Scruffy said:

my p870km with dsanke bios has already rebar enabled.

I don't know if one exists for the P870TM-G or if Prema even made one with Rebar enabled for the P870TM-G

Got the new psu in, At full tilt this thing is pulling according to the eurocom PSU about 440W

And while I am here, Before I go on a journey to build my own laptop cooler, What is everyones experience with the IETS 500 and IETS 600, I am kind of eyeing up the 600, People in the X170 club seem to like it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2022 at 9:15 PM, ViktorV said:

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/NE8nGapCh_5Twg bios P870TM-0716-9900KS-128G(Only_RTX30)

On 10/6/2022 at 4:45 AM, ViktorV said:

Gallery of modifications Clevo p870tm

IMG_20220622_175625.jpg

IMG_20220622_160606.jpg

IMG_20220622_160555.jpg

IMG_20220607_221835.jpg

IMG_20220607_221852.jpg

IMG-20220414-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20220414-WA0016.jpg

Screenshot_2021-12-10-22-42-42-245_com.taobao.idlefish.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-17-05-49-35-348_com.avito.android.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-17-05-51-10-281_com.avito.android.jpg

IMG_20221005_204630.jpg

IMG_20221005_204724.jpg

IMG_20221005_224410.jpg

Hello, I am a newcomer to the forum, about a year ago I acquired an XMG U727 that will be a p870dm2/dm3 with a gtx1080, I changed the cpu to a Qtj1 with the bios dsanke. I recently bought an rtx3080 and when I tried it I saw that it doesn't give an image, so when I searched on the Internet I ended up here and I see that it is necessary to update the bios. I know that the graphics card works because I placed it in the other mxm port next to the 1080 so that it started the laptop and checked with gpu, Although I don't have a proper heatsink, I put a table one with a steel sheet to hold it. 

Could someone pass me the bios? 

Do those fans push more airflow than the originals? 

Block hot air leaks by improving the temperature I think 7 degrees. I also put tape on the fan fins, although I increase the airflow now makes a lot of noise when it's at half power. 

With the improvements I managed to lower the temperature to 80 degrees with 190w and to 60 degrees limiting the power to 150w and with a little OC losing only 5% of performance. 

Let's see if I can make a heatsink for the 3080 with some plates and screw them on

The cable that goes to the slave gpu was made by me, I got connectors for 10 wires with their pins and I also bought my own pliers for crimping, the cable is from an rj45. 

Screenshot_20240311_141000.jpg

• Thumb Up 1

6 hours ago, Grai said:

Hello, I am a newcomer to the forum, about a year ago I acquired an XMG U727 that will be a p870dm2/dm3 with a gtx1080, I changed the cpu to a Qtj1 with the bios dsanke. I recently bought an rtx3080 and when I tried it I saw that it doesn't give an image, so when I searched on the Internet I ended up here and I see that it is necessary to update the bios. I know that the graphics card works because I placed it in the other mxm port next to the 1080 so that it started the laptop and checked with gpu, Although I don't have a proper heatsink, I put a table one with a steel sheet to hold it. 

Could someone pass me the bios? 

Do those fans push more airflow than the originals? 

Block hot air leaks by improving the temperature I think 7 degrees. I also put tape on the fan fins, although I increase the airflow now makes a lot of noise when it's at half power. 

With the improvements I managed to lower the temperature to 80 degrees with 190w and to 60 degrees limiting the power to 150w and with a little OC losing only 5% of performance. 

Let's see if I can make a heatsink for the 3080 with some plates and screw them on

The cable that goes to the slave gpu was made by me, I got connectors for 10 wires with their pins and I also bought my own pliers for crimping, the cable is from an rj45. 

Hi,
the best air cooling system is the Vapourchamber!
I have already shown many pictures in the forum how the RTX30xx series performs in the P870xx. I have developed adapters with which you can keep the original cooling and install the RTx30xx.
I am the only one in the world who has made such adapters. Or you can buy water cooling from AliExpress if it's still available!
Regards

14 hours ago, Developer79 said:

Hi,
the best air cooling system is the Vapourchamber!
I have already shown many pictures in the forum how the RTX30xx series performs in the P870xx. I have developed adapters with which you can keep the original cooling and install the RTx30xx.
I am the only one in the world who has made such adapters. Or you can buy water cooling from AliExpress if it's still available!
Regards

The offer is appreciated on your part, what price would it be? Send me some images to evaluate. Although for now I am trying to see if I am able to make a proper adaptation, I have two models in mind, it is more of a personal challenge.

Regarding the vapor chamber heatsinks, I see them as nonsense, they only dissipate more heat because they have more surface area with the air and move the heat internally, but it could be equaled with a copper sheet of the same size, adding some steam tubes and heatsinks glued together. On top of that, in addition, the master dissipation grille could be increased to almost double the volume and has a horrible shape that prevents the correct flow of air when it comes out. They placed part of the motherboard and the HDMI connector on the slave, which had to be below usb......

And the steam tubes in the double heatsink system are incorrectly positioned.

What I really needed was the bios, since I bought the graphics on eBay since the deadline is running out in case you have any problems to be able to claim. 

On 3/12/2024 at 12:54 PM, Grai said:

Regarding the vapor chamber heatsinks, I see them as nonsense, they only dissipate more heat because they have more surface area with the air and move the heat internally, but it could be equaled with a copper sheet of the same size, adding some steam tubes and heatsinks glued together. On top of that, in addition, the master dissipation grille could be increased to almost double the volume and has a horrible shape that prevents the correct flow of air when it comes out. They placed part of the motherboard and the HDMI connector on the slave, which had to be below usb......

And the steam tubes in the double heatsink system are incorrectly positioned.

What I really needed was the bios, since I bought the graphics on eBay since the deadline is running out in case you have any problems to be able to claim. 

You underestimate the Vapour cooling system. It has the best transport of power loss. There is certainly always room for improvement. The Vapour is at least the best choice for good cooling...